2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980228Likes

post #34471 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex-Arc View Post
Some of us are experiencing an issue where the TV's ABSL function is kicking in while watching certain DV content on Netflix, causing the screen to get progressively more dim during dark scenes. Specifically, those shows that are inherently dark by design (Hill House, Sabrina, etc.). For some of us experiencing the issue, switching to en external device capable of sending DV seems to provide a slightly brighter image overall and, while still kicking in at times, a less aggressive ABSL impact.
Holy crap, that sounds terrible. I won't try to troubleshoot. I'm guessing that horse has been beaten to death.

I've on occasion seen the other thing, watching DV content from my ATV: After a scene transition from a dark scene to a bright scene, it can take a second for the screen to brighten up properly. It only happens on some Netflix content (Ozark IIRC) so I have assumed it was an encoding thing in the content itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34472 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6280 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex-Arc View Post
Some of us are experiencing an issue where the TV's ABSL function is kicking in while watching certain DV content on Netflix, causing the screen to get progressively more dim during dark scenes. Specifically, those shows that are inherently dark by design (Hill House, Sabrina, etc.). For some of us experiencing the issue, switching to an external device capable of sending DV seems to provide a slightly brighter image overall and, while still kicking in at times, a less aggressive ABSL impact.

Personally I have an ATV4K and think right now it’s the best “all around” device. It offers access to ITunes, Vudu, NetFlix, Amazon, Vimeo and MoviesAnywhere UHD HDR movies, TV and clips. You can also use apps like Infuse and MrMc to play back local rips of your UHDBR movies (ISO (no menu) and MKV). I rarely use the internal apps since I got the ATV4K. I wasn’t that deep as far as content goes into the Apple ecosystem, but now actually prefer it.
smurraybhm and gambler52 like this.
post #34473 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Holy crap, that sounds terrible. I won't try to troubleshoot. I'm guessing that horse has been beaten to death.

I've on occasion seen the other thing, watching DV content from my ATV: After a scene transition from a dark scene to a bright scene, it can take a second for the screen to brighten up properly. It only happens on some Netflix content (Ozark IIRC) so I have assumed it was an encoding thing in the content itself.
Yeah I noticed this as well once in a while. This is pretty similar sounding to the HDR luminance issue everyone was making a big deal about with the 2018 models. I've only experience this issue on Netflix as well, and I don't know if it is genuinely just a rush -job from Netflix on a TV show, vs a Hollywood movie, or just that I've seen more DV content on Netflix than anywhere else.

This season of Series of Unfortunate Events displayed that as well as a lot of ASBL issues. The last episode was almost 100% bright so there were no ASBL issues, but the issue you described was present. Theres a scene that keeps cutting between 3 closeups and the differing luminance levels took a second to catch up.

Netflix does seem to want their shows to be far darker than the average HDR10/DV film, which may point to them being part of the problem via mastering. Even notoriously dark films in SDR like Harry Potter 6, or films that take place mostly in dimly lit environments like Unsane have much brighter average levels than Sabrina and Hill House did. Either way, Netflix or LG really should look into this. I think since the issue effects something as fundamental as brightness it's easily noticeable by the general public, not just pixel peepers.
Soundizer17 likes this.

LG OLED55B7A | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X700
Pioneer Sx-750 | TEC TC-7220 | Kenwood VR 507 | ADS 500 Acoustic Suspension Speakers
Denon DL-110 | Technics SL-1700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34474 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie.modernist View Post
Either way, Netflix or LG really should look into this. I think since the issue effects something as fundamental as brightness it's easily noticeable by the general public, not just pixel peepers.

It's completely an LG issue though, and the problem crops up with any HDR content including video games, not just Netflix.
zombie.modernist likes this.
post #34475 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
You will only get the Atmos notification message on the TV when using the internal speakers. When sending audio to receiver through ARC your receiver should identify the signal as Atmos assuming it’s capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.
Receiver is RX-A780, definitely capable of decoding Atmos. Not sure if it's supposed to show "atmos" on the front panel, though (just got it a few weeks ago). What threw me off, besides the notification message of the TV, is that the options for audio on Netflix app only has 5.1, nothing says Atmos there either (maybe not supposed to)...
Are there specific settings on the TV (decoding for ARC should be set to PCM or Auto?) or on the AVR I should change in order to get Atmos decoding via ARC?

Also, and unrelated, I have a Fire TV 4K+HDR, which does not support DV nor Atmos. Is there a new one that does?
post #34476 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 302
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renpar61 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Receiver is RX-A780, definitely capable of decoding Atmos. Not sure if it's supposed to show "atmos" on the front panel, though (just got it a few weeks ago). What threw me off, besides the notification message of the TV, is that the options for audio on Netflix app only has 5.1, nothing says Atmos there either (maybe not supposed to)...

Are there specific settings on the TV (decoding for ARC should be set to PCM or Auto?) or on the AVR I should change in order to get Atmos decoding via ARC?

Also, and unrelated, I have a Fire TV 4K+HDR, which does not support DV nor Atmos. Is there a new one that does?

The digital audio on the LG should be set to Auto and not PCM. When Atmos is available in Netflix it will be listed in the details under the Title like VISION ATMOS but it won’t be listed in the audio menu as a track. Select Original 5.1 and that should play Atmos when available or in short the best audio available.

Not familiar with your receiver but it should display what the signal is in some way either input output or both. I have a Marantz and also see this in the app.

Edit: The new Fire 4k Stick is DV but don’t think the Netflix app on it does Atmos

renpar61 likes this.

-
Upgraditus is a real disease

Last edited by T-smith; 01-04-2019 at 12:17 PM.
post #34477 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Rarely get to watch this set for more than a few mins (young baby taking all my time) but turned it on yesterday to compare with other TVs I was testing out for the bedroom (TCL 6, Nu8000) and it looks stunning comparatively.

One question I had was that I forgot to buy an extended warranty for it and it’s been like 6 months. Has anyone had issues with their sets? Should I try to find somewhere that offers extended warranty? Just a bit worried about new tech.

Also about sound bars. I have a Vizio one w wireless rears/sub but since moved my 65P downstairs. Are the atmos soundbars worth it? The LG ones go on sale every once in a while. Do I need the rears if I get it?

Thanks!

Last edited by toneroni; 01-04-2019 at 11:08 AM.
post #34478 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
The digital audio on the LG should be set to Auto and not PCM. When Atmos is available in Netflix it will be listed in the details under the Title like VISION ATMOS but it won’t be listed in the audio menu as a track. Select Original 5.1 and that should play Atmos when available or in short the best audio available.

Not familiar with your receiver but it should display what the signal is in some way either input output or both. I have a Marantz and also see this in the app.

The new Fire 4k Stick is DV but don’t think its Atmos

The new FireTV Stick 4k does support ATMOS. Problem is I don’t think the NetFlix app running on it supports ATMOS. That is an issue with the NetFlix app not the stick.

Mark
post #34479 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Question Atmos On?

My configuration is:
+Apple TV4K [ATMOS IS SET ON]. Connected to LG OLED via Hdmi.
+LG OLED connected to Soundbar via HDMI ARC.
+LG OLED [AUDIO OUT = HDMI ARC/OPTICAL]. The Atmos is greyed out and only selectable for Internal Speakers.
‘SHOULD I TURN ON ATMOS ON, I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY FOR INTERNAL SPEAKERS?’ I don’t use the internal speakers.
post #34480 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundizer17 View Post
My configuration is:

+LG OLED [AUDIO OUT = HDMI ARC/OPTICAL]. The Atmos is greyed out and only selectable for Internal Speakers.

‘SHOULD I TURN ON ATMOS ON, I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY FOR INTERNAL SPEAKERS?’ I don’t use the internal speakers.

I may be wrong here but I think TVs (from any manufacturer) are only allowed to pass DD if the audio source is an HDMI source into the TV. I believe this is part of licensing terms for HDMI

Of course I may be entirely wrong, but a long time ago this was the case.
Soundizer17 likes this.
post #34481 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundizer17 View Post
My configuration is:

The LG will pass Atmos from internal apps to Atmos receivers and soundbars over ARC so if your Soundbar is an Atmos Soundbar then you could get Atmos from the internal apps on the LG

Soundizer17 likes this.

-
post #34482 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneroni View Post
Rarely get to watch this set for more than a few mins (young baby taking all my time) but turned it on yesterday to compare with other TVs I was testing out for the bedroom (TCL 6, Nu8000) and it looks stunning comparatively.

One question I had was that I forgot to buy an extended warranty for it and it’s been like 6 months. Has anyone had issues with their sets? Should I try to find somewhere that offers extended warranty? Just a bit worried about new tech.

Also about sound bars. I have a Vizio one w wireless rears/sub but since moved my 65P downstairs. Are the atmos soundbars worth it? The LG ones go on sale every once in a while. Do I need the rears if I get it?

Thanks!

Warranty issues are rare, remember extended warranty companies are in the business to make money
That being said if you bought your display using a credit card then the odds are in your favor that you've gotten a second year of warranty coverage. Check your card of choice for details, but a credit card that doesn't offer 1 year warranty extension as a perk is pretty rare in this day and age.

Not the one to ask about soundbars - I'm all in on immersive audio. That being said Vizio soundbars are usually well reviewed in the budget category. Do some homework before you buy since those using soundbars have had issues with lip synch resulting in the need to connected via optical which would render atmos mute (no pun intended). LG's own soundbars have had issues if I remember correctly. There are some "decent" options for soundbars with atmos, but they tend to be priced where I would consider saving towards a complete system if immersive sound is something you want to pursue. I love it, and the mixes are much better than the early days.
Soundizer17 likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #34483 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6400 Post(s)
Liked: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
Has anyone played around with the Fire Stick 4K player?

Given that DV content using the built in app isn't being displayed properly, would the Firestick be worth a gamble? It's a quarter of the price of the Apple TV and supports Dolby Vision. I would use it primarily for Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I do not use mine for 4K, but I do have use fire TV, no issues.
T-smith likes this.

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 01-30-2019 at 03:21 PM.
post #34484 of 35888 Old 01-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
Has anyone played around with the Fire Stick 4K player?

Given that DV content using the built in app isn't being displayed properly, would the Firestick be worth a gamble? It's a quarter of the price of the Apple TV and supports Dolby Vision. I would use it primarily for Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I had the 4k stick. I did not spend much time evaluating 4k hdr content, but it had no video pass through option, so it upscaled all 1080 to 4k and it was noticeably worse than the LG's upscaler. Since I bought the stick mainly for the 1080 apps that are missing from web os, and since I already had a regular fire stick, I returned the 4k stick.
post #34485 of 35888 Old 01-05-2019, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quick question, has anybody watched the LG store trailer, with a city skyline in night? I think it's for the 2018 TVs.
If yes, does anybody know the name or better, have a download link?
post #34486 of 35888 Old 01-05-2019, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
Quick question, has anybody watched the LG store trailer, with a city skyline in night? I think it's for the 2018 TVs.

If yes, does anybody know the name or better, have a download link?
Go to 4kmedia.org. It has a lot of 4k hdr demos. I think the one you are talking about is New York City.
post #34487 of 35888 Old 01-05-2019, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
Go to 4kmedia.org. It has a lot of 4k hdr demos. I think the one you are talking about is New York City.
Thanks, yes I think that's the one.
post #34488 of 35888 Old 01-05-2019, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Been out of the loop a bit so I'm sorry if it's been answered before but did the new update bump up the Dolby vision luminance significantly or does it still require the special file and other tweaks to make it look right?

I ask this as someone how was unhappy with the previous Dolby setup vs hdr10 for the same media
post #34489 of 35888 Old 01-05-2019, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentreza View Post
Been out of the loop a bit so I'm sorry if it's been answered before but did the new update bump up the Dolby vision luminance significantly or does it still require the special file and other tweaks to make it look right?

I ask this as someone how was unhappy with the previous Dolby setup vs hdr10 for the same media

It doesn’t impact luminance at all, but there was nothing wrong with it before either.
nathan_h and T-smith like this.

LG OLED65C7P - Professionally Calibrated l Apple TV 4K l Microsoft Xbox One S l Sony STR-ZA1100ES l Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel l Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floorstanding L/R l Polk Audio Monitor 45B Rear Surround l Dual BIC V1220 Subwoofers
post #34490 of 35888 Old 01-05-2019, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi folks - I have a 2017 OLED65B7P connected to a Yamaha RX-A3070, using the ARC for audio from built-in apps. The apps have been killing me since the last LG firmware update - webOS 05.80.15. On several apps, I don't get sound. I rented a movie on Amazon Prime and found that I got no sound when I started playing it; updating the app, and doing a hard power cycle on the TV didn't help. The Dolby app looks great, but no sound. The Netflix app emits no sound. The Hulu app sometimes has no sound, it depends on the show - but it emits its usual start-up swoosh. YouTube is working fine. That rounds out the apps I normally use.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? This is hard to diagnose!

Thanks,
Rob T

Rob T
post #34491 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by renpar61 View Post
Help me figure this out: I have a C7 connected via HDMI/ARC to a Yamaha receiver with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

The built-in Netflix app seems to support DV and Atmos as the shows are labeled, but when I try to watch a show, the Dolby Vision badge appears on the top right, the sound through the receiver is 5.1 (ARC does not support Atmos I assume?)
If I switch to HDMI out + internal speakers, it does seem to decode correctly, as the badge on the top right says Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos, but sound only comes from the left/right channel of the TV
How exactly am I supposed to get Atmos out of the built-in app? Am I missing something?
I thought I heard that you can use the TV speakers as Atmos height speakers, but I wouldn't see how to make it work that way (seems impossible to me).
I have a Yamaha 2050. On my receiver it can be a little tricky to get it to play and display that it is playing Atmos. First, you cannot be in any of he DSP programs. You need to set the audio on the receiver to either Straight or Surround Decoder. I find Straight causes fewer problems. However, on mine even when I am playing Atmos the receiver may not indicate it. If the display shows "Straight" then you need to hit the info button to change the display. When you do that it should display "Atmos". I suspect your receiver works the same way.
post #34492 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthurlow View Post
Hi folks - I have a 2017 OLED65B7P connected to a Yamaha RX-A3070, using the ARC for audio from built-in apps. The apps have been killing me since the last LG firmware update - webOS 05.80.15. On several apps, I don't get sound. I rented a movie on Amazon Prime and found that I got no sound when I started playing it; updating the app, and doing a hard power cycle on the TV didn't help. The Dolby app looks great, but no sound. The Netflix app emits no sound. The Hulu app sometimes has no sound, it depends on the show - but it emits its usual start-up swoosh. YouTube is working fine. That rounds out the apps I normally use.

Thanks,
Rob T
I’m going to guess it’s your Yamaha reciever.

LG OLED65C7P
SAMSUNG 4K
ATV4K

Last edited by Vince2008; 01-06-2019 at 06:54 AM.
post #34493 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renpar61

Help me figure this out: I have a C7 connected via HDMI/ARC to a Yamaha receiver with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

The built-in Netflix app seems to support DV and Atmos as the shows are labeled, but when I try to watch a show, the Dolby Vision badge appears on the top right, the sound through the receiver is 5.1 (ARC does not support Atmos I assume?)
If I switch to HDMI out + internal speakers, it does seem to decode correctly, as the badge on the top right says Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos, but sound only comes from the left/right channel of the TV
How exactly am I supposed to get Atmos out of the built-in app? Am I missing something?
I thought I heard that you can use the TV speakers as Atmos height speakers, but I wouldn't see how to make it work that way (seems impossible to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore View Post
I have a Yamaha 2050. On my receiver it can be a little tricky to get it to play and display that it is playing Atmos. First, you cannot be in any of he DSP programs. You need to set the audio on the receiver to either Straight or Surround Decoder. I find Straight causes fewer problems. However, on mine even when I am playing Atmos the receiver may not indicate it. If the display shows "Straight" then you need to hit the info button to change the display. When you do that it should display "Atmos". I suspect your receiver works the same way.
I think so too, no issues here C7 (05.80.15) with Onkyo 676 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 setup

LG OLED65C7P
SAMSUNG 4K
ATV4K

Last edited by Vince2008; 01-06-2019 at 07:02 AM.
post #34494 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince2008 View Post
I’m going to guess it’s your Yamaha reciever.

I saw this start after upgrading the LG, for sure. I did upgrade the Yamaha awhile ago, but didn't notice issues at that time. I don't see how different apps on the LG working or not working can be caused by the Yamaha. I'm going to call LG support about this and see what they can tell me.

Rob T

Rob T
post #34495 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I saw this start after upgrading the LG, for sure. I did upgrade the Yamaha awhile ago, but didn't notice issues at that time. I don't see how different apps on the LG working or not working can be caused by the Yamaha. I'm going to call LG support about this and see what they can tell me.

Rob T

Maybe it’s the HDMI cable?
post #34496 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks,
Rob T

Is the HDMI cable you are using from the LG to the Yamaha certified?

You didn’t mention what type of audio you are getting when you get it but I’d guess you only get audio when it’s stereo and don’t get audio when it’s DD+ or Atmos and if so that sounds like a cable problem.

I was using a cable I thought was certified from my LG to my Marantz for 6 weeks without any issues but started having audio issues after the latest update from Marantz. Changed cable to a cable I knew was certified and issue resolved.

I would be surprised if the issue was with the LG but might be worth switching to the internal speakers to confirm you get audio from the apps where you are currently not getting it and if you get audio then you know it’s something with ARC.

-

Last edited by T-smith; 01-06-2019 at 08:58 AM.
post #34497 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Is the HDMI cable you are using from the LG to the Yamaha certified?

You didn’t mention what type of audio you are getting when you get it but I’d guess you only get audio when it’s stereo and don’t get audio when it’s DD+ or Atmos and if so that sounds like a cable problem.

I was using a cable I thought was certified from my LG to my Marantz for 6 weeks without any issues but started having audio issues after the latest update from Marantz. Changed cable to a cable I knew was certified and issue resolved.

I would be surprised if the issue was with the LG but might be worth switching to the internal speakers to confirm you get audio from the apps where you are currently not getting it and if you get audio then you know it’s something with ARC.

I have been using the cable for a year without issues, but I agree it's worth checking. I don't recall what I am using. Thanks much for the idea to turn on the internal speakers - this could well be an issue with certain types of bitstreams, and the upgrade may have changed things in a way that either stress the cable differently or aren't making sense to the Yamaha.

Edited to add: it's an Amazon Basics "High Speed, with Ethernet" cable, likely not certified. And all LG apps emit sound through the internal speakers. The new LG firmware isn't off the hook yet IMHO, but now it appears the update could have been an accelerant to an issue with the cable or the ARC and the not-as-new Yamaha firmware, with regard to fancier bitstreams. I'll see if the folks on the Yamaha forums have noticed this.

Regarding a certified cable - certified how, by who, etc.? Any recommendations for a good, reasonably-priced certified cable?

Thanks,
Rob T

Rob T

Last edited by rthurlow; 01-06-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Ask another question
post #34498 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have been using the cable for a year without issues, but I agree it's worth checking. I don't recall what I am using. Thanks much for the idea to turn on the internal speakers - this could well be an issue with certain types of bitstreams, and the upgrade may have changed things in a way that either stress the cable differently or aren't making sense to the Yamaha.

Edited to add: it's an Amazon Basics "High Speed, with Ethernet" cable, likely not certified. And all LG apps emit sound through the internal speakers. The new LG firmware isn't off the hook yet IMHO, but now it appears the update could have been an accelerant to an issue with the cable or the ARC and the not-as-new Yamaha firmware, with regard to fancier bitstreams. I'll see if the folks on the Yamaha forums have noticed this.

Regarding a certified cable - certified how, by who, etc.? Any recommendations for a good, reasonably-priced certified cable?

Thanks,
Rob T

Certified cables will be noted as certified otherwise they are not. See sample pic below.

A lot of people use certified cables from Monoprice. I’m using 15ft Cable Matters certified HDMI cables that I got from Amazon.

-
post #34499 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Certified cables will be noted as certified otherwise they are not. See sample pic below.

A lot of people use certified cables from Monoprice. I’m using 15ft Cable Matters certified HDMI cables that I got from Amazon.

Super helpful - thanks!

Rob T
T-smith likes this.

Rob T
post #34500 of 35888 Old 01-06-2019, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:

Rob T

I don’t have a Yamaha AVR, but my Dolby Atmos enabled AVR will only play Atmos tracks when I enabled the “DOBLY SURROUND” mode which is an up-mixing mode (i.e upmixing stereo track to a virtual 5.1), but since Atmos tracks are encoded into a base DD+ or DD-True HD track the upmixing mode is what enables the Atmos track. Otherwise my AVR will play the native 5.1 track.

This is only when I play content from the Netflix app on my E7 or a Blu-Ray on my Xbox One X. My Apple TV 4K automatically enables ATMOS since they use a different format and processing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page