2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1154 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980519Likes

post #34591 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomconde View Post
hi guys, do the sonoftumble latest settings still apply for the best image possible?

The best possible image comes when a proper professional calibration. The next best option would be either trying someone else’s settings like his or sticking with the defaults. Give it a shot and see if you like the result.
bob brennan likes this.

LG OLED65C7P - Professionally Calibrated l Apple TV 4K l Microsoft Xbox One S l Sony STR-ZA1100ES l Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel l Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floorstanding L/R l Polk Audio Monitor 45B Rear Surround l Dual BIC V1220 Subwoofers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34592 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillias View Post
I’m reading this on my mobile so quoting different parts of your arguments is a bit hard to do. But the part where you are saying that burn-in is a cumulative pixel aging process is not true. Some pixels will degrade much faster than others. There is no standard guideline which actually knows how it works. Only LG does, everything is still mysterious. Non of the actual professionals or reviewers do know how it works. It’s only LG and their engineers. Some are saying it depends on how long the static images are displays but that’s outdated information. It’s more variable than that. If you want to read something more about it I would say visit AVForums. There is a topic about this with more detailed information.
I never said different sub-pixels didn't age at different rates, just that it is cumulative aging.

I don't find it mysterious, just that different colored pixels will age at different rates, and all of them will get dimmer over their lifespan. This does not seem that complicated to understand.

My personal opinion is that different panels will age faster than others (some seem to age exceptionally fast), and also it seems that some TVs are faulty and don't run their compensation cycle. I would look into replacement early if I saw either of those problems.

From rtings - https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/perm...rn-in-lcd-oled
Quote:
Long periods of static content will cause burn-in on OLED TVs. The red sub-pixel appears to degrade the fastest, followed by green and then blue. The effect appears to be cumulative, as even cycled logos do burn-in (but over a longer period of time).
also rtings - https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real...d-burn-in-test
Quote:
Note that we expect burn-in to depend on a few factors:
  • The total duration of static content. LG has told us that they expect it to be cumulative, so static content which is present for 30 minutes twice a day is equivalent to one hour of static content once per day.
  • The brightness of the static content. Our maximum brightness CNN TV has more severe burn-in than our 200 nits brightness CNN TV.
  • The colors of the static areas. We found that in our 20/7 Burn-in Test the red sub-pixel is the fastest to degrade, followed by blue and then green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post
Hi all, I'm having some internet connectivity issues with one of my B7A panels. When I try to run Netflix, Hulu, Prime, YouTube, etc. the app fails to load streaming content properly from the net. The panel is connected via ethernet to a router and then to a Comcast modem. I re-set the router and modem: didn't help. This B7A has the latest firmware (05.80.15) and all the apps tested are using their most recent version. I have an identical B7A panel upstairs, NOT running the most recent firmware and it works fine.

Netflix: app loads fine and all preview images load, but when choosing something to watch it fails and goes to the try again/details screen. In Details it shows that all internet connections are fine.

Prime: app totally fails to load, completely black screen.

Hulu: app loads fine and preview images load, but nothing will stream.

YouTube: app loads fine, I can search fine, but when choosing something to stream it fails and goes back to the YouTube default screen.

Panel is connected to a power conditioner and surge suppressor.

I unplugged the panel and will test again when I get home today. Any thoughts? If it still doesn't work I'll reset to factory and see if it behaves then. Anyone run into this problem?
Assuming you are on wifi, try removing the wifi connection from the TV, then reconnecting and entering the wifi password again. These TVs definitely have a wifi bug where they will sometimes get "stuck" and the only way I know to get the connection working properly again is to do this. I have mine connected via ethernet to get around the problem, as it was happening for me maybe every 1/1/2 weeks.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.
post #34593 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It's on ethernet and has never been setup for WiFi. Side note: how do you stop the TV from randomly showing "connected via wired ethernet" or whatever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
Assuming you are on wifi, try removing the wifi connection from the TV, then reconnecting and entering the wifi password again. These TVs definitely have a wifi bug where they will sometimes get "stuck" and the only way I know to get the connection working properly again is to do this. I have mine connected via ethernet to get around the problem, as it was happening for me maybe every 1/1/2 weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34594 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
It's on ethernet and has never been setup for WiFi. Side note: how do you stop the TV from randomly showing "connected via wired ethernet" or whatever?
That's probably a sign that it is disconnecting at random since you normally never see that message. Check your cables or the switch that you are plugging into. Hopefully is it something simple and not a faulty port on the TV.
post #34595 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Mine never shows that, although I do remember seeing it the very first time I plugged it in, and perhaps sometimes when I restart my router.

How often do you see that message? Maybe try replacing your ethernet cable?

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.
post #34596 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
The rest will average over time as well so it will stay visible. The thing is ones you’ve spotted it you will notice it on regular content. But yeah it’s something that’s part of the oled technology so it would probably happen on a new panel as well because of that bright yellow or red pixels flaw. But I’m going to replace this panel just because it's a defect that they have acknowledged and they are obligated to fix it.
Can you make a yellow image but leave a "hole" where the BI is? Leave that image up for an hour or 2 a day until it evens out.
post #34597 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Power cycling it seems to have done the trick. Yay!

Quote:

post #34598 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2477
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomconde View Post
hi guys, do the sonoftumble latest settings still apply for the best image possible?
IMHO, when you look at the settings and realize just how minimal they are - ( except for the Dolby Vision 20 point ) - it really is a testament to how great the LG OLED's perform out-of-the-box. Frankly, these TV's make me look good. To set your mind at ease, these settings are up to date. Don't let the original posting date throw you off, as I've continually revised them as necessary.

Give them a try and let me know.
Ricker62 likes this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #34599 of 36710 Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 738
In other news, my 65" B7 hit 2000 hours and when I powered it down I got the immediate on screen message about a pixel refresh.

Pretty flawless process.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #34600 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Someone noticed audio issues with the latest firmware (5.80.15) when the sources are routed through an A/V amplifier?

I'm currently unable to get some audio from my cable TV-box while before was working fine, surprisingly I have enabled the TV audio with ARC and it works nearly perfect (as usual).

My A/V is a Denon X6300H, my other sources (Apple TV 4K and Panasonic UHD) work like a charm (as usual).

It's really a shame because I have a front projector and I've become used to watch movies/sports from the cable TV-box that way.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by WildBoar; 01-11-2019 at 02:11 AM.
post #34601 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
Someone noticed audio issues with the latest firmware (5.80.15) when the sources are routed through an A/V amplifier?

I'm currently unable to get some audio from my cable TV-box while before was working fine, surprisingly I have enabled the TV audio with ARC and it works nearly perfect (as usual).

My A/V is a Denon X6300H, my other sources (Apple TV 4K and Panasonic UHD) work like a charm (as usual).

It's really a shame because I have a front projector and I've become used to watch movies/sports from the cable TV-box that way.

Any thoughts?
Reboot the box - this happens to me periodically - they "allegedly" update the boxes when inactive and on occasions has cause problems that rebooting solves.
sonoftumble likes this.

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #34602 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
...Side note: how do you stop the TV from randomly showing "connected via wired ethernet" or whatever?
"connected via wired ethernet" will come up whenever the TV goes from no connection to a connected state, obviously the message is slightly different for a wi-fi connection. If things are working correctly you should almost never see this message. Even turning the TV off then on again should not present this message under normal operation (amusing fast restart is on).

That said, you can replicate this with your TV on by power cycling your router or pulling it's ethernet connection from either end. You will see the message displayed when your TV re-connects after the power cycle or re-connection.

So, if you were seeing this message with some regularity (without doing any manipulation of your connection) it definitely indicates a networking issue which are always super fun and easy to diagnose and resolve

Sometimes all it takes is a power cycle of your router/modem or TV. I'd suggest all three as a starting point then consider replacing the cable if it continues.
post #34603 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Sign the petition for Airplay update!

https://www.change.org/p/lg-bring-ai...emium-oled-tvs
post #34604 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
IMHO, when you look at the settings and realize just how minimal they are - ( except for the Dolby Vision 20 point ) - it really is a testament to how great the LG OLED's perform out-of-the-box. Frankly, these TV's make me look good. To set your mind at ease, these settings are up to date. Don't let the original posting date throw you off, as I've continually revised them as necessary.

Give them a try and let me know.
Thats perfect! have been using them for a while now, and have been happy with the results, just wanted to know if they were still up to date or not. Im glad they are.
Thank you for sharing them! Cheers
sonoftumble likes this.
post #34605 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
Quote:
The rest will average over time as well so it will stay visible. The thing is ones you’ve spotted it you will notice it on regular content. But yeah it’s something that’s part of the oled technology so it would probably happen on a new panel as well because of that bright yellow or red pixels flaw. But I’m going to replace this panel just because it's a defect that they have acknowledged and they are obligated to fix it.
Can you make a yellow image but leave a "hole" where the BI is? Leave that image up for an hour or 2 a day until it evens out.
Not need because my panel just got replaced with a brand new one. So I’m fine now, I just can’t watch YouTube on this television till LG does something about that yellow square.
post #34606 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Now I’ll need to keep this panel burn-in free till something can compete with oled. One thing is sure, I’m never going to buy a big oled television anymore. I don’t like the burn-in flaws which are more severe and easily than plasma.
post #34607 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 72
guys, do you notice that in game mode the image is a bit darker than the other modes, even with the same settings?

in game mode I can raise the light up to 50-60 without a trace of ABL in bright scenes and with a much darker image in general.

in ISF or technicolor mode, such high OLED light burns my retinas and the ABL gets crazy.

this is for SDR.
post #34608 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 262
2nd replacement panel just installed. Fresh image taken at 5%. I dunno. Running comp cycles and varying content. Hope this improves as hours put on it. What ya guys think. Ugly??? - Feeling like this a losing battle here. Damn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_104814_1547229492130.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	764.1 KB
ID:	2509318  

LG C7 65"|Xbox One X|PS4 Pro|Nvidia Shield
post #34609 of 36710 Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by doshortell View Post
I'm looking to get some advice as to what to do with my panel. I've had my B7A for about 15 months, and am therefore out of my factory warranty period. A while back I noticed that my screen seemed to be split in half down the middle, with the left side a lighter shade than the right. I've tried factory resetting the panel more than once and ran the pixel refresher twice, but the issue won't go away. It isn't as bad as some I've seen with this problem, but it is driving me crazy that I have this on a TV that I spent so much on.
I've got the same thing happening with my C7. Let me know what you get from LG. I got mine from BB and got their extended warranty so hopefully if I have to take it back to them they won't give me a hassle.
post #34610 of 36710 Old 01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
2nd replacement panel just installed. Fresh image taken at 5%. I dunno. Running comp cycles and varying content. Hope this improves as hours put on it. What ya guys think. Ugly??? - Feeling like this a losing battle here. Damn.
That is going to end up being a nice panel. Splotchyness will even out. I don't see bad vertical bars.
Datagg likes this.
post #34611 of 36710 Old 01-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks. It has improved some even with a few comp cycles. Looks like I'm gonna call it a day and just enjoy it. Thanks again .

QUOTE=mikek;57428318]
Quote:
That is going to end up being a nice panel. Splotchyness will even out. I don't see bad vertical bars.[/QUOTE]

post #34612 of 36710 Old 01-12-2019, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How do I take the "energy guide" sticker off the screen without scratching it? feels like the thing is glued to the screen.
post #34613 of 36710 Old 01-12-2019, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeaker View Post
How do I take the "energy guide" sticker off the screen without scratching it? feels like the thing is glued to the screen.
You peel it off - not trying to sound like a smart xxx - but it’s not a big deal. Don’t forget to peel off the plastic on the back too.
Ph8te likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #34614 of 36710 Old 01-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
You peel it off - not trying to sound like a smart xxx - but it’s not a big deal. Don’t forget to peel off the plastic on the back too.
Make sure you use your fingernail & just work on one corner. If that corner is being obstinate, try another. Once you get a bit lifted it will peel off easily. Don't be tempted to use anything tougher than that
post #34615 of 36710 Old 01-13-2019, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What is the best way to clean your TV from
dirt, fingerprint smudges, etc?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
post #34616 of 36710 Old 01-13-2019, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip83 View Post

Have been using since the beginning of time! Cleaner and micro fiber cloth for $ 2.87.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5176
ynnek63, filip83 and bigzee3 like this.

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #34617 of 36710 Old 01-13-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip83 View Post

Distilled water and a microfiber cloth - no need for anything else. With no kids at home I have yet to need to do anything but the cloth and a little hot air
Ph8te and filip83 like this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #34618 of 36710 Old 01-13-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6850 Post(s)
Liked: 6852
Quote:
If you are searching for a perfect uniform panel, you are right, you will never find one in any display technology. I think for just turning it on, looks good, I see you posted no content photos? How does it look in normal content as I am sure you do not use your set for slides?
Datagg likes this.
post #34619 of 36710 Old 01-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Looks great with content. Certainly not perfect, yet leaps above first replacement yet not as nice as original. One thing I will say these newer panels (2 replacements) vs the original one show image retention in seconds vs after quite a few minutes. YouTube for instance within seconds of static video thumbnails will exibit retention after just a mere 1-2 seconds and turning the content you can definitely see retention of every thing before and only after several seconds wipes which all of it seen on content. Quite striking as the original it would not occur at all. At the end of the day it falls in the middle of the 3 and thus far in this ridiculous lottery we still have to deal with is accepted.

QUOTE=Cleveland Plasma;57430624]
Quote:
If you are searching for a perfect uniform panel, you are right, you will never find one in any display technology. I think for just turning it on, looks good, I see you posted no content photos? How does it look in normal content as I am sure you do not use your set for slides?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Datagg; 01-13-2019 at 11:16 AM.
post #34620 of 36710 Old 01-13-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
does the 2017 B7 pass all of the current audio formats over ARC?

i.e. if i am watching content through the LG apps will it pass the atmos or other encoded audio to my receiver for proper processing?

would i be better off passing it through my chromecast ultra to the receiver and the display out to the tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED65B7A • Yahama RX-V377 • Klipsch RP-280F • Klipsch RP-440C • Klipsch R-1650-C • Polk PSW-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page