2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980510Likes

post #35041 of 36680 Old 02-22-2019, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm curious about something and hoping people can shed some light on it. I was looking at the rtings review of my C7 and noticed it says it doesn't support 1440p @ 60hz. I use steam in-home streaming quite a lot. My desktop is set to 1440p, I then stream it to my HTPC and play like that, using game mode which is set to full range. What's happening at the TV end? Is it just up scaling it to 4k and outputting 4k 4:4:4 60hz?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35042 of 36680 Old 02-22-2019, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
@Benjii
Maybe, press the info button on the remote to see the displayed resolution.
post #35043 of 36680 Old 02-22-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6838 Post(s)
Liked: 6835
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post

Not complaining however, I do feel we are definitely spoiled with the quality of 4k OLED though.
There are issues with all technologies but OLED is still king......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35044 of 36680 Old 02-22-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjii View Post
I'm curious about something and hoping people can shed some light on it. I was looking at the rtings review of my C7 and noticed it says it doesn't support 1440p @ 60hz. I use steam in-home streaming quite a lot. My desktop is set to 1440p, I then stream it to my HTPC and play like that, using game mode which is set to full range. What's happening at the TV end? Is it just up scaling it to 4k and outputting 4k 4:4:4 60hz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
@Benjii
Maybe, press the info button on the remote to see the displayed resolution.
There is no "Info" button on the Magic Remote for the C7. You need to point the arrow/birdie at the upper left portion of the screen and click OK/Enter twice, or download the "LG TV Plus" app (iOS or Android) and tap on the "i" button found in the Control tab.
OddyOh and audit13 like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #35045 of 36680 Old 02-22-2019, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Plenty of discussion of the GS calibration. TL;DR it’s a crapshoot there are really good calibrators and bad ones. Personally (and for most folks here) I think it’s worth getting one of the ones recommended in the Calibration section.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
post #35046 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
If it 'aint broke, no need to fix it !
I agree that nature documentaries look great on this TV. One of my favourites being Blue Planet II. Some of the scenes are just stunningly beautiful. The Coral Reefs episodeis a good example.

Blue Planet II was amazing and Planet Earth II was amazing.

We recently watched Dynasties and it was great too (especially the audio, the surround on that especially made it really feel like you're in the jungle).

I think my favorite was Planet Earth II overall, but that might just be because it was the first 4k/HDR documentary I saw.

We are spoiled!
alexbarbel likes this.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.

Last edited by noobtv; 02-23-2019 at 08:02 AM.
post #35047 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 125
After playing A LOT of new, additional HDR contents (Games, 4K HDR/Blu-Rays, 4K/HDR Streaming) using HDR Game v5.3.2, I decided it's now time to do a partial step back from High Dynamic Contrast suggestion...
If High DC performed GREAT in many occasion with HDR Game (brighting up noticeable dimmer sequences, especially in particular movies and games' static menus and HUD), it showed too much color artifacts, black crush and/or highlights clipping to be considered universally accurate now.

Therefore, I updated again the HDR Game profile to v5.5:

• Going back to Dynamic Contrast: MEDIUM
  • Going back to Brightness 50 (no need to raise it outside High DC)
  • Going back to Color Gamut: AUTO
  • Raising Color value to 60 (to offset a slight color desaturation of Medium DC)

This provided a consistent, more accurate calibration for an universal, mixed usage of HDR Game profile.

Cheers
-P
post #35048 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40L0 View Post
After playing A LOT of new, additional HDR contents (Games, 4K HDR/Blu-Rays, 4K/HDR Streaming) using HDR Game v5.3.2, I decided it's now time to do a partial step back from High Dynamic Contrast suggestion...

If High DC performed GREAT in many occasion with HDR Game (brighting up noticeable dimmer sequences, especially in particular movies and games' static menus and HUD), it showed too much color artifacts, black crush and/or highlights clipping to be considered universally accurate now.

Therefore, I updated again the HDR Game profile to v5.5:

• Going back to Dynamic Contrast: MEDIUM
  • Going back to Brightness 50 (no need to raise it outside High DC)
  • Going back to Color Gamut: AUTO
  • Raising Color value to 60 (to offset a slight color desaturation of Medium DC)

This provided a consistent, more accurate calibration for an universal, mixed usage of HDR Game profile.

Cheers

-P

What meter and software were used?

LG OLED65C7P - Professionally Calibrated l Apple TV 4K l Microsoft Xbox One S l Sony STR-ZA1100ES l Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel l Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floorstanding L/R l Polk Audio Monitor 45B Rear Surround l Dual BIC V1220 Subwoofers
post #35049 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Got my 55B7P back yesterday with a new panel installed as a result of the 25% lut image problem identified by Rtings in Apr last year. Total cost of the repair was $1385 CAD. I noticed that the hours were not reset and mine currently sits at around 3600. I presume the set will do the automatic pixel refresh at 4000. I wonder if this will have a negative effect on the new panel. I was wondering if anyone else that had their panels replaced noticed if the hours had been reset after installation of a new panel?
post #35050 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2434 Post(s)
Liked: 1737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankman1 View Post
Got my 55B7P back yesterday with a new panel installed as a result of the 25% lut image problem identified by Rtings in Apr last year. Total cost of the repair was $1385 CAD. I noticed that the hours were not reset and mine currently sits at around 3600. I presume the set will do the automatic pixel refresh at 4000. I wonder if this will have a negative effect on the new panel. I was wondering if anyone else that had their panels replaced noticed if the hours had been reset after installation of a new panel?
1385 CAD? Yikes. I see that you could get a new 55B8 for about 1.9k CAD (at amazon.ca), C8 for 2.0k. I'm not suggesting that you should have replaced your B7, but that's one serious repair bill.
post #35051 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
So far so good on my 65B7, But it is under 2000 hours. I wonder whether there is a way in the service menu for you to reset your hours?
post #35052 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
1385 CAD? Yikes. I see that you could get a new 55B8 for about 1.9k CAD (at amazon.ca), C8 for 2.0k. I'm not suggesting that you should have replaced your B7, but that's one serious repair bill.
LG covered the entire cost.
post #35053 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 09:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2434 Post(s)
Liked: 1737
Quote:
LG covered the entire cost.
Good. Under warranty, under extended warranty, or just from the goodness of their hearts?
post #35054 of 36680 Old 02-23-2019, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Another member of the LUT bug here. I just got mine back on Thursday, with a shiny new panel. Can't check on my hours because that option doesn't appear in my menu for some reason.... Either way, not sure what the total damage was. Shop said the panels were about 2 grand, and it was "ridiculous" they didn't just send out a new TV instead. I'm not complaining, it went well, and my baby is back.. And with pretty decent 5% tests. Not perfect, but nothing offensive to my eyes. This is the TV I remember, and glad to have it back.
post #35055 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 02:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
So far so good on my 65B7, But it is under 2000 hours. I wonder whether there is a way in the service menu for you to reset your hours?
1st off please don't mess around in the service menu you could brick the tv
Also you could lose all your settings and have to program them back in if you have had a calibration done

I bought a cheap one for all remote and programed it with the following that is not mine i pinched it from urichris on avforums

I followed the below and accidentally did the in-stop = 015 (factory reset)
Aftwards my hours had gone back to zero

First, program the remote to work with your TV

Codes: For older remotes which uses 3 digit Extended Functional Codes (EFCs)

EZ-Adjust = 018
IN-Start = 019
POWER-ONLY = 014
IN-Stop = 015 (factory reset)
For Newer remotes which uses 5 digit EFCs

EZ-Adjust = 00018
IN-Start = 00019
POWER-ONLY = 00014
IN-Stop = 00015
Some remotes uses 2 digit EFC codes, so the numbers might exclude zero at the beginning: 18, 19, 14 or 15. Take a look at comparision chart to check which remote supports which codes.

Procedure
Press the device key (TV, VCR, SAT, CD, AUD or DVD).
Press and hold the MAGIC key until the device keys blinks twice (the device key will blink once then twice).
Press 9 9 4. The device key will blink twice.
Press the MAGIC key once.
Enter the 3-digit (or 5-digit) EFC code (see above)
Press the key to which the function will be assigned. The device key will blink twice.

"Magic" button can be named as "P", "S", "Setup" or on some remotes there's need to simultaneously press and hold "REW" and "FFWD" buttons as "Magic" button.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful codes.

Password - 0000 or 0413 (USE YOUR ACTUAL LGTV REMOTE TO ENTER!)
USA Country code - 1793
UK Country code - 3122

Obviously be careful messing around in the service menu as you may brick your TV. I take no responsibility for careless actions. You will however, be able to open up options for your TV you wouldn't normally get. From apps to services.

I havent yet reverted back, but I believe the apps you install under a different country code, will remain, and will play. I will test further and update the thread. Meanwhile, if you come across more useful codes, them feel free to share them.

I added FandangoNow, Hulu and Vudu for now. All 3 are working and FandangoNow on LG means UHD HDR playback (if you have it of course) and improved sound quality as far as I can tell (if you have it of course). It will also link to a Ultraviolet account, as will VUDU.

Mods, if you feel this is better in another forum, then move it. If thats not possible, please allow me to copy the thread and place it in the appropriate forum before removing. I am sure it will help some people out, the forum pops up numerous times when searching for information about accessing the service menu.

Last edited by Nigel Mansell; 02-24-2019 at 02:16 AM.
post #35056 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 04:15 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
... I noticed that the hours were not reset and mine currently sits at around 3600. I presume the set will do the automatic pixel refresh at 4000. I wonder if this will have a negative effect on the new panel. I was wondering if anyone else that had their panels replaced noticed if the hours had been reset after installation of a new panel?

The tech forgot to copy over the nb of hours after replacing the motherboard, so I initiated the pixel refresh manually when the total hours of service reached 2000. In your case it’s different, you could call back the shop that did the repair and tell them to come back and reset the counter.
post #35057 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Got my 55B7P back yesterday with a new panel installed as a result of the 25% lut image problem identified by Rtings in Apr last year.
I have got the same LG OLED. Could you please tell me about this 25% lut image problem and how I can test, if my TV has this problem (is there a "test picture" for it)?

Thank you very much!
post #35058 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had a panel replaced on a 65B7 a few weeks ago, and they definitely reset the hours... in fact they reset all settings back to factory defaults, which I complained to LG about, as I'd heard elsewhere that it wasn't necessary or even standard practice for that to be done... however, LG replied to my complaint, saying:

"The main board on the unit needs to be reset when a new panel is installed. If it isn't reset there can be problems with the T-Con and can lead to the panel needing to be replaced again."

Quote:
post #35059 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just got a fire tv 4k and looking at the settings for it... 2 things

1- color depth? Should I set to 12 bit and just let the TV process whatever it can?

2- color format? This one I'm really lost on even after doing some research.. For streaming Netflix and Amazon prime, most of the shows we watch are 4k hdr/Dolby vision but some are in regular HD... Not sure that matters but should I have this set to ycbcr or rbg?

Thanks everyone!!
post #35060 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Vudu forces Tru Motion

I have Tru Motion disabled but last night, while watching my first UHD movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) via Vudu, it only played with soap opera effect. What am I doing wrong?

I have never had this problem with UHD on Netflix or Amazon Video.
post #35061 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
I've noticed an issue since this latest update (5.80.15). ARC is not working for me like it previously has. Atmos passthrough seems to be compromised. I've tested the internal tv apps (Netflix/Vudu) and the same apps through my Xbox One X and I'm missing channels from Atmos streams. I'm not getting anything at all from the rear height channels. Front height channels work fine, and I noticed that a lot of audio in Atmos content/scenes I've seen before now seem to be redirected from the rear height to the front height speakers.

So I decided to test ARC from my UHD player. Same problem with ARC. No rear height channel sound, and the back surround channels seemed to be dead as well. There's a second HDMI out on the back of the UHD player (just for audio) and so I used that and everything was working just fine with the rear heights/rear surround speakers. The issue seems to be with how the ARC functions.

My receiver is a Yamaha RX-A3050 by the way. The front panel shows Atmos like it always has, so if I hadn't isolated the rear height speakers in my 11 channel Atmos setup by unplugging the others intermittently to double check my suspicions I may not have even noticed I was missing two to four channels with ARC now.

Can someone else with rear height atmos speakers check to make sure they are working at all with Atmos playback from ARC via the Netflix app/etc?

Edit: Just plugged the Xbox directly into the receiver and no issues at all. Tested Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (UHD/Atmos) on Netflix at 23:40 where the space ship comes down and I could hear audio coming from the rear height atmos speakers. Seems to be ARC only issue.
I can confirm there seems to be a problem with ARC pass-thru. I use an auto on amp on the rear surrounds and have noticed it not coming on for material that should have been Dolby Digital +. The AVR amp has indicated the channel was open but, like you, there was no sound. I've done hard resets on the B7 and AVR amp but didn't expect a fix since the amp was already showing a correct 7 channel handshake. Maybe users haven't taken notice since the ATMOS / 7.1 streaming titles are not as common and systems aren't set up for it. The Dolby ATMOS demos just don't work well without those back channels.
gamermwm likes this.

Always changing
post #35062 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Good. Under warranty, under extended warranty, or just from the goodness of their hearts?
The agent called it a "courtesy" and I said BS to her. At first they offered to cover the cost of the parts only and I again said BS and referred to the Rtings video and asked to speak to a supervisor. Instead I got they agree to cover the total cost and that's all I wanted to hear. The warranty expired in November but I did buy from Costco so had that to fall back on if necessary and I also have the Costco extended 3 year warranty.
post #35063 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIR View Post
I have got the same LG OLED. Could you please tell me about this 25% lut image problem and how I can test, if my TV has this problem (is there a "test picture" for it)?

Thank you very much!
Check this video out. It explains the problem. You can check your set by loading full color screens on you tube. Red, yellow, magenta and the like would show the problem . You would see a split down the middle of the screen and one side of the screen looks darker then the other and you will see the image of a rectangular box in the near middle of your screen.

dwaleke and FLIR like this.
post #35064 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Check this video out. It explains the problem. You can check your set by loading full color screens on you tube. Red, yellow, magenta and the like would show the problem . You would see a split down the middle of the screen and one side of the screen looks darker then the other and you will see the image of a rectangular box in the near middle of your screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX0AXzWm2cI
That's the exact problem my set had at six months. LG recently replaced the panel and the new one doesn't have it. My set looked just like the set in the video on the left, bottom. LG's explanation of it only applying to 55" sets is incorrect as mine was 65". They replaced my panel and nothing else and did not reset the hours. I can assure you that it had low hours and never had a static image before this problem appeared. I imagine it's a defect they've known about for a while now and are trying to avoid legal class action.

Last edited by fireman1000; 02-24-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #35065 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Batdorf View Post
I have Tru Motion disabled but last night, while watching my first UHD movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) via Vudu, it only played with soap opera effect. What am I doing wrong?

I have never had this problem with UHD on Netflix or Amazon Video.
Without more specific info, I can only guess as to what is actually going on here. As a general rule, playing back content sourced from Vudu will not force the TV to turn on Tru Motion. However, since UHD Vudu titles are also Dolby Vision HDR format, your TV switched to a Dolby Vision Picture Mode which in turn might have Motion processing activated. Not all Dolby Vision picture modes will have Motion active. I recommend trying the "Cinema" picture mode. Keep in mind that you have to choose the picture mode while playing back Dolby Vision content. When you first started watching "Bohemian Rhapsody", you should have noticed the "Dolby Vision" badge pop up on the upper right of the screen. It was at that point that the TV switched to a Dolby Vision specific picture mode.

Depending on the title, UHD Netflix and Amazon will in most cases be SDR/HD or UHD; which will obviously cause your TV to switch to a different picture mode to support the SDR format. Original Netflix produced movies/TV shows will in most cases be UHD/Dolby Vision.

If you want to watch UHD/HDR titles in Amazon, you have to scroll ALL THE WAY to the bottom of the list to find them. Amazon has very limited Dolby Vision releases, so most likely you will watch one of those titles with HDR10 - which will cause the TV to switch to yet another Picture Mode.

Make sense?

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700

Last edited by sonoftumble; 02-24-2019 at 11:32 AM.
post #35066 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjer11 View Post
I can confirm there seems to be a problem with ARC pass-thru. I use an auto on amp on the rear surrounds and have noticed it not coming on for material that should have been Dolby Digital +. The AVR amp has indicated the channel was open but, like you, there was no sound. I've done hard resets on the B7 and AVR amp but didn't expect a fix since the amp was already showing a correct 7 channel handshake. Maybe users haven't taken notice since the ATMOS / 7.1 streaming titles are not as common and systems aren't set up for it. The Dolby ATMOS demos just don't work well without those back channels.
Finally! I've been shaking a lot of trees and so far you are the first besides for myself to confirm the ARC issues with back channels missing in Atmos. I asked on the B8/C8 thread as well and someone there tested and told me they aren't having the issue.

What receiver are you using and what setup? I asked around in the Yamaha RX-A3050 thread since that is my current receiver and wasn't able to get anyone there with a B7 to chime in.

But I did contact LG the other day and suggest you and others do the same so we can get this issue patched pronto. I told them I was no longer able to use a TV feature that I bought it for (and have had ZERO issues with up until this last patch) and would be making a warranty claim if they don't get ARC working correctly again with an update - and to please send my inquiry up the ladder to the software/engineering team.

Here was there response:
Reply to Your Inquiry

"We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us a message with regard to your LG TV performance. It is our goal to ensure that you are able to utilize your LG product to its full potential and it is a pleasure to be of assistance to you today. 

In response to the current performance of your LG OLED55B7A TV, please allow us to raise this matter to our Software Development Team, to check further assistance and option in addressing this matter. Rest assured that we will be contacting you as soon as the information or software update is available here in our end. 

We wish that you would be able to enjoy your LG product to its full potential and we would like to have the query addressed at the soonest possible time. Should you have further inquiries or clarifications in mind, please do let us know and we’ll be glad to help you out. You can reach us again via Email, Live Chat or Phone by calling 1-800-243-0000."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #35067 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1000 View Post
That's the exact problem my set had at six months. LG recently replaced the panel and the new one doesn't have it. My set looked just like the set in the video on the left, bottom. LG's explanation of it only applying to 55" sets is incorrect as mine was 65". They replaced my panel and nothing else and did not reset the hours. I can assure you that it had low hours and never had a static image before this problem appeared. I imagine it's a defect they've known about for a while now and are trying to avoid legal class action.
I'm a bit confused. Did you have the screen only replaced?
I also had a screen replacement on my 55B7A at 1,957 hours, but because of burn in.
I also developed a problem with the look-up table, but only after an LG agent told me to run the Pixel Refresher seven times in succession to get rid of the burn in.
I'm surprised you had your panel/screen replaced with the problem with the look-up table, since that could be cleared on the spot - in your home.
post #35068 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Finally! I've been shaking a lot of trees and so far you are the first besides for myself to confirm the ARC issues with back channels missing in Atmos. I asked on the B8/C8 thread as well and someone there tested and told me they aren't having the issue.

What receiver are you using and what setup? I asked around in the Yamaha RX-A3050 thread since that is my current receiver and wasn't able to get anyone there with a B7 to chime in.

But I did contact LG the other day and suggest you and others do the same so we can get this issue patched pronto. I told them I was no longer able to use a TV feature that I bought it for (and have had ZERO issues with up until this last patch) and would be making a warranty claim if they don't get ARC working correctly again with an update - and to please send my inquiry up the ladder to the software/engineering team.

Here was there response:
Reply to Your Inquiry

"We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us a message with regard to your LG TV performance. It is our goal to ensure that you are able to utilize your LG product to its full potential and it is a pleasure to be of assistance to you today. 

In response to the current performance of your LG OLED55B7A TV, please allow us to raise this matter to our Software Development Team, to check further assistance and option in addressing this matter. Rest assured that we will be contacting you as soon as the information or software update is available here in our end. 

We wish that you would be able to enjoy your LG product to its full potential and we would like to have the query addressed at the soonest possible time. Should you have further inquiries or clarifications in mind, please do let us know and we’ll be glad to help you out. You can reach us again via Email, Live Chat or Phone by calling 1-800-243-0000."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm using a Pioneer 801 AVR that requires a back surround power amp to support 7.1.4. I've had your earlier post on my mind for awhile but haven't looked into any troubleshooting except the resets until this morning. With a Panny 820 disc spinner with one audio output bit-streaming directly to the AVR and the other output carrying video/PCM audio to the TV provided for an A/B comparison by switching inputs on the amp. Both ARC and BD showed 7.1 ATMOS but the ARC had no sound on the back surrounds. Streaming BR 2049 from VUDU engaged ATMOS had the same result of no audio on the rear surrounds. I may purchase disc's over streaming titles until I see an improvement.
gamermwm likes this.

Always changing
post #35069 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation66 View Post
I'm a bit confused. Did you have the screen only replaced?
I also had a screen replacement on my 55B7A at 1,957 hours, but because of burn in.
I also developed a problem with the look-up table, but only after an LG agent told me to run the Pixel Refresher seven times in succession to get rid of the burn in.
I'm surprised you had your panel/screen replaced with the problem with the look-up table, since that could be cleared on the spot - in your home.
LG sent a replacement panel. The repairman stated they are having a lot of problems with panels. Yes, according to the video, the look-up table could have been repaired without replacing panel but that's what they did. I've since spoken with several other forum members having the same problem. It is NOT burn-in. One side of the screen is darker than the other. You can look up my posts from the fall and see my pictures I posted. It was very noticeable. LG is not being near as picky about replacing them so I believe they know it's a defect in the panel. I was also told to run the pixel refresher initially and I think it made mine worse. My wife never notices anything with my TV but she could plainly see it before the panel replacement.
Nation66 likes this.
post #35070 of 36680 Old 02-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Anyone having an issue with TV's internal Youtube app?. Text is messed up, like an overlay of odd characters and at times doesn't scroll all the way across lists. Been going on for a few weeks now on and off, yet the last few days has been consistent. Anyone else seeing this?

LG C7 65"|Xbox One X|PS4 Pro|Nvidia Shield

Last edited by Datagg; 02-24-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page