2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1175 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980210Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #35221 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:08 AM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
He is asking if you shut your set off with the remote or kill the power via a power strip or something similar . There is a chance your set was not running comp cycles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a way to tell if the Pixel Refresher has done its thing? When I turn on my OLED in the mornings I don't see anything that says it performed a Pixel Refresher when I last turned the TV off.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35222 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:12 AM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Yes there is an automatic cycle that runs every 4 hours of use that combats ir and burn in , my guess is your wasn’t running the cycles .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a way to turn off the automatic Pixel Refresher? Where is the setting so I can check to make sure automatic is turned on?

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #35223 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,313
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
Is there a way to tell if the Pixel Refresher has done its thing? When I turn on my OLED in the mornings I don't see anything that says it performed a Pixel Refresher when I last turned the TV off.


No there is no visual indication but when you turn the tv off if you here a cluck
Immediately it is not running if you here a delayed click 7 to 10 minutes later it has run. It only runs after 4 hours of usage .

There is no setting to enable it happens automatically when the set powers off .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charlesrshell likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 03-19-2019 at 05:37 AM.
chunon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35224 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore View Post
HDMI cables do go bad. I had an Audioquest Forest cable (not as good as your pearl) work for 6 years and then stop working. Although I think there is a decent chance that there may be something wrong with the TV I would try running a new cable (premium certified) just to make sure it isn't the cable.
The cable from my receiver to the TV is pearl. Simply switching off everything without killing the power didn't solve it, so when I did so at the mains that fixed it. However later on last night I switched the TV off to go make tea (I never leave the screen on paused) and when I switched it back on, for a second it had the dark, negative look again and then it just came back to how it should be.
Owenjohnston is offline  
post #35225 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
No there is no visual indication but when you turn the tv off if you here a cluck
Immediately it is not running if you here a delayed click 7 to 10 minutes later it has run. It only runs after 4 hours of usage .

There is no setting to enable it happens automatically when the set powers off .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well then, how do you ever know if the automatic Pixel Refresher is working for sure?

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #35226 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,313
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
Well then, how do you ever know if the automatic Pixel Refresher is working for sure?


I hear the click 7 to 10 minutes after I turn my set off , and I have no ir. It’s built into the software if your tv doesn’t run it its defective.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charlesrshell likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #35227 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I hear the click 7 to 10 minutes after I turn my set off , and I have no ir. It’s built into the software if your tv doesn’t run it its defective.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that is nice. When I turn my TV off I go to bed. Don't sit there and and wait for a clunk/click. You would think it would say it ran the next time you turn on TV. I would say my Pixel Refresher is defective. I should not have this much burn-in. Especially since we never leave anything paused. I am pretty sure we are going to get the LG Super UHD SK9000 series. Really disappointed in this OLED.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #35228 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,313
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
Well that is nice. When I turn my TV off I go to bed. Don't sit there and and wait for a clunk/click. You would think it would say it ran the next time you turn on TV. I would say my Pixel Refresher is defective. I should not have this much burn-in. Especially since we never leave anything paused. I am pretty sure we are going to get the LG Super UHD SK9000 series. Really disappointed in this OLED.


A lot of your issues stem from your choice of picture modes and the same repetitive material 18 hours a day , oled is just not built for that use case . If you are going to continue that use pattern you should definitely get an led.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #35229 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 AM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
A lot of your issues stem from your choice of picture modes and the same repetitive material 18 hours a day , oled is just not built for that use case . If you are going to continue that use pattern you should definitely get an led.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A customer should not have to worry about what picture mode and how long they wish to watch TV to prevent something like this. I just ran the manual Pixel Refresher. Never heard the click/clunk and waited about 45 minutes and turned on my TV. Got the attached pic. Thanks for all your help chunon. Going to take your advice and get the LED and move this sick broken down OLED to my kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pixel Refresher.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	2541296  

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #35230 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,313
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
A customer should not have to worry about what picture mode and how long they wish to watch TV to prevent something like this. I just ran the manual Pixel Refresher. Never heard the click/clunk and waited about 45 minutes and turned on my TV. Got the attached pic. Thanks for all your help chunon. Going to take your advice and get the LED and move this sick broken down OLED to my kitchen.


You are confusing the manual vs automatic pixel comp cycles , the manual runs about an hour you turned on the tv before it could finish . The automatic runs after 4 hours of usage and runs for about 7 to 10 minutes after the set is turned off , as far being able to watch what you want I agree but a wish is not the reality , if you going to watch news 24 7 you don’t need an oled any lcd will do . Sorry to be blunt here but you are wasting your money .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #35231 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
You are confusing the manual vs automatic pixel comp cycles , the manual runs about an hour you turned on the tv before it could finish . The automatic runs after 4 hours of usage and runs for about 7 to 10 minutes after the set is turned off , as far being able to watch what you want I agree but a wish is not the reality , if you going to watch news 24 7 you don’t need an oled any lcd will do . Sorry to be blunt here but you are wasting your money .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the Pixel Refresh info. I waited a long time for the OLED to drop in prices and then got mine on sale. Yep, waist of money except for the BB Geek warranty.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #35232 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 23,993
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6392 Post(s)
Liked: 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo JAB View Post
Has anyone gotten their sets exchanged through LG manufacturer's warranty if LG cant fix their set? The LG tech is coming in less than a week. Besides getting my Screen getting replaced for BI, My set has been throwing out some weird loud noises when the set is off. It's been constant. Something weird happened the other day when I turned on the TV everything was Dim almost blacked out in a way, had to disconnect the power. Upon turning it back on everything seemed too overly bright even on normal mode, had to do it again and it finally went back to normal. Im going to explain to the tech something is going on behind my panel. Has anyone experienced anything like this? If they take my panel for further fixing how long do they usually stay with it?
They try to fix and replace parts, if they do not have parts they will move you to the new model or cut a check for your purchase price "usually".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
if you going to watch news 24 7 you don’t need an oled any lcd will do . Sorry to be blunt here but you are wasting your money .
That is the proper advise, if you are only watching news there are plenty of excellent LED's out there......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #35233 of 35845 Old 03-19-2019, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
A customer should not have to worry about what picture mode and how long they wish to watch TV to prevent something like this. I just ran the manual Pixel Refresher. Never heard the click/clunk and waited about 45 minutes and turned on my TV. Got the attached pic. Thanks for all your help chunon. Going to take your advice and get the LED and move this sick broken down OLED to my kitchen.
Do you just put whatever fuel you want into your car? Really, the customer should not have to care about details like whether it needs diesel or petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
Thanks for the Pixel Refresh info. I waited a long time for the OLED to drop in prices and then got mine on sale. Yep, waist of money except for the BB Geek warranty.
Did you really have no idea at all that burn-in was possible when you bought your TV?

That's just so foreign to me - I researched the crap out of OLED before I bought mine. I'm very happy with the tradeoff in exchange for perfect blacks and great uniformity.

Enjoy your LCD.
bigzee3 likes this.

Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000.
noobtv is offline  
post #35234 of 35845 Old 03-20-2019, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,070
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4226 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
Do you just put whatever fuel you want into your car? Really, the customer should not have to care about details like whether it needs diesel or petrol.



Did you really have no idea at all that burn-in was possible when you bought your TV?

That's just so foreign to me - I researched the crap out of OLED before I bought mine. I'm very happy with the tradeoff in exchange for perfect blacks and great uniformity.

Enjoy your LCD.


To be fair on the car comparison a diesel pump nozzle will not fit into a car that was designed for regular gasoline. The diesel nozzle is larger.

That said one should take basic care in researching and understanding the product they buy.
bigzee3 likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #35235 of 35845 Old 03-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
To be fair on the car comparison a diesel pump nozzle will not fit into a car that was designed for regular gasoline. The diesel nozzle is larger.
Unfortunately that doesn't work the other way, as I once discovered in a distracted moment!!

Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000.
noobtv is offline  
post #35236 of 35845 Old 03-20-2019, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mikey Palmice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
B7 as a PC gaming monitor?

I have been out of the PC gaming arena for quite some time and love using my B7 with my Xbox One X. Looks beautiful. Was starting to get the itch to build a PC gaming machine and wanted to know if anybody uses this set as a monitor for PC gaming and how it handles? I'm not very schooled on input lag and refresh rates so I honestly don't know. Do people use modern HDTV's as PC monitors these days? Thanks
Mikey Palmice is offline  
post #35237 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 01:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Need your advice on ARC connection or Shield please

Hi

I just got a brand new Sony receiver that support Arc, 4k, HDR10, Dolby Atmos etc to replace my old 1080p Denon receiver. before I hook everything up during the weekend I need your advice.

In my bedroom I have a Samsung NU7100 that its player does not support DTS and up whilst my OLED B7 does. My question, bearing in mind Netflix use, and HDR content, which option do you suggest:

1. Connect my B7 using Arc to the receiver and use the internal player of the LG which will then free up the shield to be used on the Samsung TV?

2. Use the shield for the B7 connected directly to the receiver and connect the receiver to one of the non Arc HDMI connection (and loose on DTS on the Samsung)

I have to mention that although the receiver support Atmos, I only have 5.1 set up of speakers.

I appreciate your advise as I find it hard to make a decision.

Thanks
Viper2449 is offline  
post #35238 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 05:36 AM
Newbie
 
Ger Teunis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
You are confusing the manual vs automatic pixel comp cycles , the manual runs about an hour you turned on the tv before it could finish . The automatic runs after 4 hours of usage and runs for about 7 to 10 minutes after the set is turned off , as far being able to watch what you want I agree but a wish is not the reality , if you going to watch news 24 7 you don’t need an oled any lcd will do . Sorry to be blunt here but you are wasting your money .
Automatic does use measured relative usage and compensates pure in software.
Manual 1 hour does physical "clean" burn using a extreme bright white line and most likely a software compensation cycle as well.
chunon likes this.
Ger Teunis is offline  
post #35239 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,292
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2449 View Post
Hi

I just got a brand new Sony receiver that support Arc, 4k, HDR10, Dolby Atmos etc to replace my old 1080p Denon receiver. before I hook everything up during the weekend I need your advice.

In my bedroom I have a Samsung NU7100 that its player does not support DTS and up whilst my OLED B7 does. My question, bearing in mind Netflix use, and HDR content, which option do you suggest:

1. Connect my B7 using Arc to the receiver and use the internal player of the LG which will then free up the shield to be used on the Samsung TV?

2. Use the shield for the B7 connected directly to the receiver and connect the receiver to one of the non Arc HDMI connection (and loose on DTS on the Samsung)

I have to mention that although the receiver support Atmos, I only have 5.1 set up of speakers.

I appreciate your advise as I find it hard to make a decision.

Thanks
A few things are not clear in your request. I assume your referring to the Nvidia Shield media player, and that You are considering connection of the receiver to both TV's. There are many issue with a dual connection.


Option #1 is a completely workable configuration. I have been doing this for the last couple of years. You can then move the Nvidia Shield to the Samsung TV.
BPlayer is offline  
post #35240 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 08:48 AM
Member
 
jamisonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
You can confirm an automatic cycle is running if you have something like bias lighting powered by the TV's USB Ports. They remain powered during compensation cycles.
jamisonia is offline  
post #35241 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 12:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Thanks for the reply and a clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
A few things are not clear in your request. I assume your referring to the Nvidia Shield media player, and that You are considering connection of the receiver to both TV's. There are many issue with a dual connection.


Option #1 is a completely workable configuration. I have been doing this for the last couple of years. You can then move the Nvidia Shield to the Samsung TV.
Im not looking to connect both, option 1 is to be Able to free the shield to the bedroom Samsung one (Im not looking for a dual connection to both TVs)

Option 2 is basically to override the internal player and play all content via shied connected directly to the receiver.

I hope it makes it clear.
Viper2449 is offline  
post #35242 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
renpar61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I just wanted to post an update on my HDMI-CEC pains... if anyone is interested.
So it looks like the "disruptive" element was my new FIOS TV One box. I changed the AQ Pearl cable from box to AVR with the thin HDMI cable provided by Verizon. The connection from AVR to TV remains with another AQ Pearl. HDMI-CEC and ARC started working again, just like it did with the Pearl cable when I originally hooked it up. The same Pearl cable now connects a PS3 to the AVR and works perfectly fine with HDMI Control. I guess it just didn't play nice with the Fios box.

However, one quirk remains: when all turns on, and I go to the Fios box input, I get picture but no sound. I need to change the input to anything else then go back to Fios box and the sound is there.
renpar61 is offline  
post #35243 of 35845 Old 03-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Palmice View Post
I have been out of the PC gaming arena for quite some time and love using my B7 with my Xbox One X. Looks beautiful. Was starting to get the itch to build a PC gaming machine and wanted to know if anybody uses this set as a monitor for PC gaming and how it handles? I'm not very schooled on input lag and refresh rates so I honestly don't know. Do people use modern HDTV's as PC monitors these days? Thanks
These TVs have really good lag so they make great monitors. Personally I would be nervous about burn-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2449 View Post
Im not looking to connect both, option 1 is to be Able to free the shield to the bedroom Samsung one (Im not looking for a dual connection to both TVs)

Option 2 is basically to override the internal player and play all content via shied connected directly to the receiver.

I hope it makes it clear.
I'm using the internal player to play any HDR content I have (my HTPC doesn't support HDR) and very happy with it. I don't use Netflix but the Youtube app is very good.

Just try it and see if you're happy.

Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000.
noobtv is offline  
post #35244 of 35845 Old 03-22-2019, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,070
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4226 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Palmice View Post
I have been out of the PC gaming arena for quite some time and love using my B7 with my Xbox One X. Looks beautiful. Was starting to get the itch to build a PC gaming machine and wanted to know if anybody uses this set as a monitor for PC gaming and how it handles? I'm not very schooled on input lag and refresh rates so I honestly don't know. Do people use modern HDTV's as PC monitors these days? Thanks


I’ve been using it as a monitor for about a year and a half now and no problems, no burn in. Just set a screensaver, don’t turn OLED light too high, and vary your desktop background a bit(I use the windows slideshow option). Also if i leave the room for an extended period I turn the tv off.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #35245 of 35845 Old 03-22-2019, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mikey Palmice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
I’ve been using it as a monitor for about a year and a half now and no problems, no burn in. Just set a screensaver, don’t turn OLED light too high, and vary your desktop background a bit(I use the windows slideshow option). Also if i leave the room for an extended period I turn the tv off.
Oh wow, I didn't even know you can burn in these sets. Good to know. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do yet, but I think I'm going to keep the PC upstairs with it's own monitor for full time use and send one of the outputs to the HDTV in the living room so I can use it down there as well. So more of a part time option, but I'm glad to know it's possible. I'm pretty sure modern day gaming video cards can output two audio/video signals at once, right?
cmdrdredd likes this.
Mikey Palmice is offline  
post #35246 of 35845 Old 03-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Member
 
ibrewmination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
eARC and ATMOS

My research before the purchase of my LG OLED65B7P is what introduced me to these forums. The purchase of that t.v. caused my discovery of ATMOS' existence and got me interested in upgrading from my old SONY "5.1" Blu-Ray surround HTIB.
Installing wiring in my home now for up to 7.2.4.
KEF Q700s, Q600C, Q100s, and Ci160CLs(x4) are sitting waiting to be hooked up to my Marantz SR7012 and a Rythmik FV15HP is on its way.

Anyway, my question has to do with the new eARC. Please correct my understanding, which is as follows:
1) eARC is the function that allows a t.v. to transmit lossless Dolby ATMOS simultaneously, while receiving signal, back to the receiver.
2) eARC capability is only being implemented in t.v.s 2018 and later.

So, then do the B7s have the capability to transmit ATMOS to the receivers? Because it sounds like they can, according to many posts here. If so, is it at a loss?

Off topic of this forum, but I am wondering if my Roku Ultra purchased from 2017 will play ATMOS?
ibrewmination is offline  
post #35247 of 35845 Old 03-22-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,913
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrewmination View Post
My research before the purchase of my LG OLED65B7P is what introduced me to these forums. The purchase of that t.v. caused my discovery of ATMOS' existence and got me interested in upgrading from my old SONY "5.1" Blu-Ray surround HTIB.

Installing wiring in my home now for up to 7.2.4.

KEF Q700s, Q600C, Q100s, and Ci160CLs(x4) are sitting waiting to be hooked up to my Marantz SR7012 and a Rythmik FV15HP is on its way.



Anyway, my question has to do with the new eARC. Please correct my understanding, which is as follows:

1) eARC is the function that allows a t.v. to transmit lossless Dolby ATMOS simultaneously, while receiving signal, back to the receiver.

2) eARC capability is only being implemented in t.v.s 2018 and later.



So, then do the B7s have the capability to transmit ATMOS to the receivers? Because it sounds like they can, according to many posts here. If so, is it at a loss?



Off topic of this forum, but I am wondering if my Roku Ultra purchased from 2017 will play ATMOS?


Lossy (DD+) variant of Atmos yes they (x7 series) do.
Ph8te is offline  
post #35248 of 35845 Old 03-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soundizer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 696
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I was hoping C8 Prices would have dropped more by now, but I guess this might happen when C9 becomes available.

I was thinking about buying a 55inch C8 for my brother. However, Just seen a 55inch C7 on ebay uk for £499 which is calibrated and seller states has good uniformity. I might consider it, but have to travel to West London as it is collection only.
Soundizer17 is offline  
post #35249 of 35845 Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Question

I am unable to get sound to project to TV after changing to laptop internal speaker. When I switched back there was no sound and I can't get it back. I've reinstalled audio drivers and tried to remove pairing to TV, but maybe I am not doing that right as I never get asked to "allow" new device. I simple get asked to decline connection and if I don't answer it connects automatically.



Anyone know how to get the sound back or completely remove device from the LG's history?

LG 55C7P - Denon X3400H - JBL CS6100BG 5.0 - Klipsch Sub-12HG Synergy - Sony BDP-S5100-3D - Sony DVPCX995V 400-Disc DVD Player
Led Zappa is offline  
post #35250 of 35845 Old 03-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 6
is there a way to disable the automatic update reminders every time i turn the tv on? i'll update it when i want to (i.e., after reading this thread and determining if the update is worthwhile)


i have a service remote if needed
wiivile is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off