2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1189 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980210Likes

post #35641 of 35844 Old 05-22-2019, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Most of your questions have already been answered, but I did want to address the "Aspect Ratio" setting - as it is very important.

For some reason, the Korean TV manufacturers (LG, Samsung) have what is known as "overscan" turned ON by default.

Visually that means that somewhere around 10-15% of the image is cut off almost like a zoomed cropping. This is easily identified by using an ISF geometry pattern such as the attached examples. What you will see with overscan active/on, is that the four circles plus the pixel counts on the outside of the pattern will be cut off. When you set the Aspect Ratio to "Just Scan", overscan will become inactive/off, and you will see ALL of the image.

"Just Scan" is a global setting and independent of the picture modes themselves.
Thanks, this explains why my PC image always was cut off in the default settings (but only a little) until I changed the Aspect Ratio setting.
sonoftumble likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35642 of 35844 Old 05-22-2019, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My B7 stopped outputting Atmos over ARC a few months ago and I think I was finally able to fix the problem. I randomly came across a post complaining about someone's Xbox messing up ARC/CEC on their setup and it got me wondering. I don't have an Xbox and the only devices connected directly to my TV were my receiver, Oppo BPP-103 and a Chromecast Ultra. I disconnected the Chromecast Ultra and discovered a few days later that Dolby Atmos is once again turned back on in the menus. Will test with actual content once I sign back up for Netflix.

Denon AVR-X6300H, LG OLED55B7A, Sony UPB-X1100ES, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Roamio OTA, Panasonic DMR-ES46V, Proscan PSLD-43, Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB
Klipsch R-820f fronts, C-2 center, R-620 surrounds and F-2 back, Quintet V for Atmos, Monoprice Monolith 10", Velodyne VRP-10
post #35643 of 35844 Old 05-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Most of your questions have already been answered, but I did want to address the "Aspect Ratio" setting - as it is very important.

For some reason, the Korean TV manufacturers (LG, Samsung) have what is known as "overscan" turned ON by default.

Visually that means that somewhere around 10-15% of the image is cut off almost like a zoomed cropping. This is easily identified by using an ISF geometry pattern such as the attached examples. What you will see with overscan active/on, is that the four circles plus the pixel counts on the outside of the pattern will be cut off. When you set the Aspect Ratio to "Just Scan", overscan will become inactive/off, and you will see ALL of the image.

"Just Scan" is a global setting and independent of the picture modes themselves.
Having previously read about the difference between the "Just Scan's" "On" and "Off" settings, I've always kept mine set to "Off", to see the full screen image. However (and, really, solely as a matter of curiosity), what does "Just Scan's" third setting choice ("Auto") - do? Whenever I've played with it (simply to see), it always seems to merely do the same thing as would be done by changing "Just Scan" to the opposite of its current "On" or "Off" setting (i.e. effectively turning "Just Scan" off if it had been set to "ON" or turning it on if it had been set to "Off"). However, I would assume there would have to be more to the "Auto" setting other than merely a second way of changing the current "Just Scan" "On" or "Off" setting to the opposite setting - for instance, circumstances under which it would actually automatically detect "something" in real time to trigger "Just Scan" off, on or back off again, etc., or some such...? Again, just curious as to what this "Auto" setting really does and why/how it operates...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35644 of 35844 Old 05-22-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-gordon-7 View Post
Having previously read about the difference between the "Just Scan's" "On" and "Off" settings, I've always kept mine set to "Off", to see the full screen image. However (and, really, solely as a matter of curiosity), what does "Just Scan's" third setting choice ("Auto") - do? Whenever I've played with it (simply to see), it always seems to merely do the same thing as would be done by changing "Just Scan" to the opposite of its current "On" or "Off" setting (i.e. effectively turning "Just Scan" off if it had been set to "ON" or turning it on if it had been set to "Off"). However, I would assume there would have to be more to the "Auto" setting other than merely a second way of changing the current "Just Scan" "On" or "Off" setting to the opposite setting - for instance, circumstances under which it would actually automatically detect "something" in real time to trigger "Just Scan" off, on or back off again, etc., or some such...? Again, just curious as to what this "Auto" setting really does and why/how it operates...
"just scan" is the opposite of "overscan" as far as I know. So to see the entire image you want "just scan" on, which means "overscan" is off. Auto probably tries to guess if the content expects overscan to be done or not (so some TV signals expect overscan to be done, while computer desktop never wants overscan).
r-gordon-7 and sonoftumble like this.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #35645 of 35844 Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 2684 Post(s)
Liked: 2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
Thanks, this explains why my PC image always was cut off in the default settings (but only a little) until I changed the Aspect Ratio setting.
Setting "Just Scan" to "ON" will also improve the picture quality of lower resolution images - especially when viewing 720P/1080i cable/sat/OTA signals. As touched on in an earlier post, with "Just Scan" set to "OFF" or "AUTO", the picture is "zoomed in" by around 10-15%. The LAST thing anyone wants their LG OLED doing is adding additional zooming to a signal that is already being upscaled or "blown up" by a factor of at least 4x (1080P) . . . or more. The local news or a sporting event does look "better" afterwards! Of course, it won't put lipstick on a pig, but . . . .

See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resolutions-ultra-hd-4k-1080p-720p-dvd.png
Views:	67
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	2570574  
r-gordon-7, aypues and lsorensen like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #35646 of 35844 Old 05-23-2019, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Can anyone confirm that the image quality on the native Youtube app has degraded? My internet speed has remained constant and the other apps work the same. The bitrate seems greatly reduced and crappy.
post #35647 of 35844 Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
Can anyone confirm that the image quality on the native Youtube app has degraded? My internet speed has remained constant and the other apps work the same. The bitrate seems greatly reduced and crappy.
Tested wired, working fine here: tested 1080p, 2160p, SDR, HDR10, HLG, 2.0, 5.1, etc, no loss of quality and bitrates were full/constant no dropped packets/frames.

Sounds like a ISP/routing/CDN issue.
Bumrush, Ricker62 and ndukechi like this.
post #35648 of 35844 Old 05-24-2019, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I hope they update the Plex app someday. I have to use my Fire TV to play recorded TV and movies from my server because the built in app is so out of date.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
post #35649 of 35844 Old 05-24-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
I hope they update the Plex app someday. I have to use my Fire TV to play recorded TV and movies from my server because the built in app is so out of date.

Talk to Plex then, they are the ones that need to update it.
Ricker62 likes this.
post #35650 of 35844 Old 05-25-2019, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Anyone play Far Cry 5 on the c7? At the default 300 of paper white, it seems the cloud on the sky is blown out and I cannot see the shape of the sun (it’s just a white patch blended with the cloud). Lowering paper white does not help much either. I can see the sun on the x900f.
post #35651 of 35844 Old 05-25-2019, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG B7 + N650 Soundbar

Hi guys,

I purchased a samsung n650 soundbar to replace my old home theatre system.
I got a question though. I connected my xbox x and apple tv 4k onto my tv and hdmi arc to the soundbar.
How do I know I'm getting 5.1 surround sound? Should I connect directly the device I want directly to the soundbar?

I'm only asking because on the LG audio setup it says HDMI arc auto. The only other option is PCM. So, I'm not sure if PCM is the only option available.

Thanks
post #35652 of 35844 Old 05-25-2019, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdog View Post

I have no problem playing my recorded TV shows from my server in the WebOS Plex app. Do you use the Plex DRV? I use it and in the past I used NextPVR and those shows play fine as well. Personally I don't like the WebOS Plex app. The menus are way too slow and clunky. I prefer my Nvidia Shield.
post #35653 of 35844 Old 05-26-2019, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I've owned an LG OLED55B7P since July of 2017.

After 10 months of regular use, a large (20 cm wide) dark vertical strip appeared across the entirety of the screen, close to the center of it. Not fully dark, as in no image, but causing the picture being displayed on it to be considerably darker than around it. It's also not common vertical banding (which can be seen with various grey and white slides), but one large band that is very noticeable when watching any type of content.

Since it was still under the 1-year warranty, I called LG. They took the defective TV and sent me a brand new unit. 10 months later, the same issue occurred: a dark vertical strip of the same size as before appeared across the screen, almost in the same place. Called LG again (as the replacement was under a renewed 1-year warranty), and now they're offering to replace the panel, instead of sending a new unit.

The problem is that parts are under a 3-month warranty, and if the same issue is to occur again 10 months from now, I'll have to pay for the repair out of my pocket. Plus, if the "repair" is a new panel, it will cost basically as much as a new set.

RTINGs have mentioned that LG OLED's 2017 models have a factory defect that cause a "rectangular pattern to appear" on their panels. The pattern on mine looks different, but it has already happened twice, in the same TV model, after the same period of time. I assume it's also a factory defect.

Tl;dr: Same issue has happened twice to two different, brand new B7s, after using both for the same time. How can I convince LG to replace the entire unit, hopefully for the newer, 2018 model (since the 2017 B7 isn't available anymore), that doesn't have such factory defects?

Last edited by EeK9X; 05-26-2019 at 07:15 AM.
post #35654 of 35844 Old 05-26-2019, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
I've noticed frequent drops in resolution and bitrate since about the same time i started having issues with thumbnails and video loading a few weeks ago. this morning i reset my modem and router and left my tv unplugged for about 20 minutes. the next video i played froze. i don't know what to do other than the temporary fix of opening other apps to force youtube to dump from memory.
Bumrush likes this.
post #35655 of 35844 Old 05-27-2019, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek63 View Post
I have no problem playing my recorded TV shows from my server in the WebOS Plex app. Do you use the Plex DRV? I use it and in the past I used NextPVR and those shows play fine as well. Personally I don't like the WebOS Plex app. The menus are way too slow and clunky. I prefer my Nvidia Shield.
Yes, I've been using Plex DVR. Playback on the LG worked early on, but I think one of the Plex server updates broke it; playback sticks, then jumps, then sticks, etc. Agree it wasn't a great interface on WebOS, but it worked and didn't require an additional box.

I guess I'll ping the Plex guys

ynnek63 likes this.
post #35656 of 35844 Old 05-27-2019, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
I've owned an LG OLED55B7P since July of 2017.

After 10 months of regular use, a large (20 cm wide) dark vertical strip appeared across the entirety of the screen, close to the center of it. Not fully dark, as in no image, but causing the picture being displayed on it to be considerably darker than around it. It's also not common vertical banding (which can be seen with various grey and white slides), but one large band that is very noticeable when watching any type of content.

Since it was still under the 1-year warranty, I called LG. They took the defective TV and sent me a brand new unit. 10 months later, the same issue occurred: a dark vertical strip of the same size as before appeared across the screen, almost in the same place. Called LG again (as the replacement was under a renewed 1-year warranty), and now they're offering to replace the panel, instead of sending a new unit.

The problem is that parts are under a 3-month warranty, and if the same issue is to occur again 10 months from now, I'll have to pay for the repair out of my pocket. Plus, if the "repair" is a new panel, it will cost basically as much as a new set.

RTINGs have mentioned that LG OLED's 2017 models have a factory defect that cause a "rectangular pattern to appear" on their panels. The pattern on mine looks different, but it has already happened twice, in the same TV model, after the same period of time. I assume it's also a factory defect.

Tl;dr: Same issue has happened twice to two different, brand new B7s, after using both for the same time. How can I convince LG to replace the entire unit, hopefully for the newer, 2018 model (since the 2017 B7 isn't available anymore), that doesn't have such factory defects?
It's about "root cause". If your particular defect really is a panel defect then replacing the panel is the right thing to do. The first time it may have been cheaper to replace the entire TV since there was plenty of stock. The fact that it happened twice in the same amount of time is a "statistical outlier" especially since it is not a common defect so your concern is very understandable.
If no one here has the answer, ask LG or your service contact what the root issue is and if that particular defect is only on certain batches of TVs or panels (date codes), and make sure the new panel is from a different date range. The stock of panels must be low however since the model is
old.
EeK9X likes this.
post #35657 of 35844 Old 05-27-2019, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathodeRay View Post
It's about "root cause". If your particular defect really is a panel defect then replacing the panel is the right thing to do. The first time it may have been cheaper to replace the entire TV since there was plenty of stock. The fact that it happened twice in the same amount of time is a "statistical outlier" especially since it is not a common defect so your concern is very understandable.
If no one here has the answer, ask LG or your service contact what the root issue is and if that particular defect is only on certain batches of TVs or panels (date codes), and make sure the new panel is from a different date range. The stock of panels must be low however since the model is
old.
I'm not sure if panel supply is low or not. I had my 55B7P panel replaced on May 21 (develop the 25% LUT issue after 18 months), and the tech that did the replacement had four panels in his truck - all manufactured in March 2019. However, different regions may have different supply levels.
post #35658 of 35844 Old 05-28-2019, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have found that you cannot select just scan when sending a 480i image via HDMI.
post #35659 of 35844 Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
Are you sure about the "3-month warranty"? Because if the main part is replaced (like the panel) the warranty should renew (1 or 2 years). It works this way in EU (maybe Your are in the USA). If LG replaced the panel you get new warranty for 2 years again (2 years in EU).

DOLBY ATMOS 5.2.4 - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RP-250S - RP-140SA - R-112SW - LG OLED 55B7 - HiMedia Q30 - Xbox One X SE
post #35660 of 35844 Old 05-29-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6392 Post(s)
Liked: 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatto View Post
Are you sure about the "3-month warranty"? Because if the main part is replaced (like the panel) the warranty should renew (1 or 2 years). It works this way in EU (maybe Your are in the USA). If LG replaced the panel you get new warranty for 2 years again (2 years in EU).
Usually in the US if you pay to replace a part, that said part has a one year warranty. If that said part was covered under warranty it could be one year or until the original warranty expires, you would definitely want to ask....
post #35661 of 35844 Old 05-31-2019, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Setting "Just Scan" to "ON" will also improve the picture quality of lower resolution images - especially when viewing 720P/1080i cable/sat/OTA signals. As touched on in an earlier post, with "Just Scan" set to "OFF" or "AUTO", the picture is "zoomed in" by around 10-15%. The LAST thing anyone wants their LG OLED doing is adding additional zooming to a signal that is already being upscaled or "blown up" by a factor of at least 4x (1080P) . . . or more. The local news or a sporting event does look "better" afterwards! Of course, it won't put lipstick on a pig, but . . . .

See attached.
Thank you so much for this! I had been trying to adjust this in the quick menu settings but it doesn’t appear there and so I just gave up, lol. I had been having chyrons go off the edge of the screen! Now that it’s fixed in the main menu the picture is noticeably better too like you said.
Ricker62 and sonoftumble like this.
post #35662 of 35844 Old 06-01-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Vu View Post
Anyone play Far Cry 5 on the c7? At the default 300 of paper white, it seems the cloud on the sky is blown out and I cannot see the shape of the sun (it’s just a white patch blended with the cloud). Lowering paper white does not help much either. I can see the sun on the x900f.
Disclaimer: I am not a gamer, so I have not personally looked at Far Cry 5 or other titles on any TV.

Just a guess, but what you are describing sounds a lot like white clipping caused by contrast being set too high.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #35663 of 35844 Old 06-01-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Hi guys, haven't been here in ages as my set has been fine until the past 2-3 weeks. Streaming DV/HDR/4K Ultra HD I am getting choppy, dropped video particularly action sequences. Tried both Amazon Prime and Netflix. Becomes so garbled it's unwatchable. Using wired connection on B7A and Yamaha receiver. Asus router just turned a year old. I even changed ISP yesterday to get 200mbps down. Did the unplugging and some other changes I detailed in the Yamaha thread.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post58127370

Basically stopping by here to see is anyone else has had choppy audio problems when streaming from built in Netflix or Amazon Prime. After a lot of troubleshooting I finally tried the TV speakers and there were no audio problems. Using ARC and no changes whatsoever for the last year and a half. Audio streaming issue started a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: Popped in a Blu Ray disc and no audio drop or choppiness. But it seems now to point to the TV but since using the TV speakers work I'm not sure what the issue is. Tried Netflix on UHD Blu Ray. No problems.

Last edited by MoInSTL; 06-02-2019 at 08:32 AM.
post #35664 of 35844 Old 06-02-2019, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
Hi guys, haven't been here in ages as my set has been fine until the past 2-3 weeks. Streaming DV/HDR/4K Ultra HD I am getting choppy, dropped video particularly action sequences. Tried both Amazon Prime and Netflix. Becomes so garbled it's unwatchable. Using wired connection on B7A and Yamaha receiver. Asus router just turned a year old. I even changed ISP yesterday to get 200mbps down. Did the unplugging and some other changes I detailed in the Yamaha thread.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post58127370

Basically stopping by here to see is anyone else has had choppy audio problems when streaming from built in Netflix or Amazon Prime. After a lot of troubleshooting I finally tried the TV speakers and there were no audio problems. Using ARC and no changes whatsoever for the last year and a half. Audio streaming issue started a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: Popped in a Blu Ray disc and no audio drop or choppiness. But it seems now to point to the TV but since using the TV speakers work I'm not sure what the issue is. Tried Netflix on UHD Blu Ray. No problems.
I'm been using the Netflix, Vudu, and Google Movies app on a c7 with no issues.
post #35665 of 35844 Old 06-02-2019, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Spoiler!

There are a few settings that I'm unable to match on my C7:

SDR:
Color Gamut: Auto; mine is greyed out to wide
CMS greyed out

HDR10:
Dynamic Contrast: Low; mine is greyed out to off
Real Cinema: On; mine is greyed out to off

I do have this HDMI set to "PC" mode for the 4:4:4 colorspace. Could that be why, and what label/mode is recommended then?
post #35666 of 35844 Old 06-03-2019, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverzer0 View Post

There are a few settings that I'm unable to match on my C7:

SDR:
CMS greyed out

HDR10:
Dynamic Contrast: Low; mine is greyed out to off
Real Cinema: On; mine is greyed out to off

I do have this HDMI set to "PC" mode for the 4:4:4 colorspace. Could that be why, and what label/mode is recommended then?
I am almost certain that the reason behind some of the core settings being greyed out is due to the fact that you labeled one or more of the HDMI ports as "PC". My HDMI ports are labeled as HDMI1, HMDI2, etc. - and the picture modes I used are listed in the settings post.

If you are using your LG OLED as a PC monitor - and sharp text rendering is critical - then putting an HDMI port/input into "PC" mode for 4:4:4 (uncompressed) chroma will make sense. Otherwise, keep in mind that all content from the studios - i.e. movies/TV shows/etc. are mastered at 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 MAX, so it is not necessary to force the TV to 4:4:4, as it will have zero impact on the picture/image.
This short article explains it all: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

Other causes for why settings options are greyed out include:
1) Using the built-in apps for playback of various dynamic range content instead of an HDMI sourced playback - i.e. Blu-ray disc or streamer such as an AppleTV 4K.
2) The configuration/preference files generated by the LG (WebOS) have become corrupted, and a factory reset of either a specific picture mode; i.e. "technicolor Expert", or more likely a full reset of the TV is needed.
nathan_h likes this.

post #35667 of 35844 Old 06-03-2019, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
I'm been using the Netflix, Vudu, and Google Movies app on a c7 with no issues.
Yeah, I had no issues either, until I did.
post #35668 of 35844 Old 06-03-2019, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
Yeah, I had no issues either, until I did.
I used Netflix for about 3.5 hours non-stop last night and no issues at all. I connect to my internet provider's Hitron modem/router over 5 Ghz. I've owned my tv for 17 months and never had any streaming issues over wifi.

Maybe the tv needs a full reset?
Ricker62 likes this.
post #35669 of 35844 Old 06-04-2019, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytrooper View Post
Don’t know if this is happening on other apps. I, too had the center channel disappear on my 7.2 system, twice. Weird. All the surround speakers were working, but no voice.

This just happened today to me with 7.1 system playing MKV videos and then when switching to Amazon. I turned off the AVR and used the TV's internal speaker, but it wasn't picking up the voices either. I'll guess I will try it again tomorrow. Doesn't appear to be a commonly reported issues in recent months, but it doesn't appear that a cause and fix were identified. Mine just went out of warranty.
post #35670 of 35844 Old 06-04-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 297
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmpeters View Post
This just happened today to me with 7.1 system playing MKV videos and then when switching to Amazon. I turned off the AVR and used the TV's internal speaker, but it wasn't picking up the voices either. I'll guess I will try it again tomorrow. Doesn't appear to be a commonly reported issues in recent months, but it doesn't appear that a cause and fix were identified. Mine just went out of warranty.

This has happened to me a few times as well and is most likely an HDMI sync / ARC issue that usually gets resolved the next time you power down for a few mins and power back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page