AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   OLED Technology and Flat Panels General (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/)
-   -   2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2784185-2017-lg-c7-b7-owners-thread-no-price-talk.html)

gomo657 08-11-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvise85 (Post 58409682)
..And the Oled light have been on 85 But yeah maybe i'll have to lower it even more.

Are you positive it wasn’t IR not Burn In I can’t see getting BI by scrolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cleveland Plasma 08-12-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabois09 (Post 58394844)
Yeah so warrentech is insisting on replacing the panel $1350.00 including labor then my service appointment was $100.00

So out of my $1700 I'll have a $350 left. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid and has happened to me in the past - I got a bum panel previously and was given just the remainder of my funds. I didn't want to panel swap and my money was spent against my will.

Now to cross warrentech of the list of companies to do business with

Mack warranty would have cut you a check I bet and closed the warranty as the company is still on the hook after they swap your panel for the remainder of your policy......

clutchm3 08-12-2019 12:26 PM

Randomly came across a problem with my OLED65B7A. Have Vizio soundbar SB36512-F6, works perfect with everything but my Xbox One X. There is a slight delay with the sound from the Xbox. Tried everything in settings, no clue how to fix. Anyone have an idea? Connected through HDMI-ARC.

Bacon_67 08-12-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clutchm3 (Post 58414014)
Randomly came across a problem with my OLED65B7A. Have Vizio soundbar SB36512-F6, works perfect with everything but my Xbox One X. There is a slight delay with the sound from the Xbox. Tried everything in settings, no clue how to fix. Anyone have an idea? Connected through HDMI-ARC.

I noticed a slight delay when using Atmos through the TV on Xbox One X as well (DTS was fine). Going directly from the Xbox to the soundbar got rid of the delay.

clutchm3 08-12-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon_67 (Post 58414060)
I noticed a slight delay when using Atmos through the TV on Xbox One X as well (DTS was fine). Going directly from the Xbox to the soundbar got rid of the delay.

I can't do that as I have other devices that use the soundbar as well.

aalb1970 08-13-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clutchm3 (Post 58414014)

This tv has no passthrough mode for Dolby signals and HDMI sources. When the tv receives a Dolby signal from an HDMI source it undergoes some internal processing before it's sent through the Audio Return Channel. This will introduce a slight delay which becomes noticeable for low latency sources such as video games. Movies and streaming content is mostly fine.

Sadly there's no fix other than selecting DTS or PCM stereo or connect the HDMI device directly to the sound system.

Mrvise85 08-13-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomo657 (Post 58409992)

Yeah It was not Image retention... Even the repair guy said it's burn in

I did do the pixel refresh for multiple times before I called to LG... So we got the Burn In from just scrolling youtube and Netflix menus daily.

Mayby I just had too "fragile" panel :D

Superdog 08-13-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomo657 (Post 58409992)

Even while scrolling that Netflix logo does not move. I've resorted to using my laptop to find shows and add them to my list so that I don't keep that stupid logo on the screen too long.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

richs100 08-14-2019 10:34 AM

Hello all:
I have tried to search for an answer to my question, but nothing comes up. Since I've had my 65B7A, it has defaulted to LG's "starburst" screensaver which I like. Recently I switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios as my cable provider. With Fios, I do not have a screensaver at all and I can't find a setting for it in the menus. I still have the LG Starburst when I pause while using LG's smart channels (and the internal Netflix and Amazon apps) but not while using Fios.

I am paranoid about screen burn in, so any suggestions or answers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rich

Ph8te 08-14-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richs100 (Post 58422250)
Hello all:

I have tried to search for an answer to my question, but nothing comes up. Since I've had my 65B7A, it has defaulted to LG's "starburst" screensaver which I like. Recently I switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios as my cable provider. With Fios, I do not have a screensaver at all and I can't find a setting for it in the menus. I still have the LG Starburst when I pause while using LG's smart channels (and the internal Netflix and Amazon apps) but not while using Fios.

I am paranoid about screen burn in, so any suggestions or answers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rich

There is no screensaver for external devices. If you’re going to fall asleep (which is why your worried) then set the sleep timer. Don’t pause things for long periods of time, etc.

CRAW 08-15-2019 06:37 AM

Long shot here, as I've searched this thread for "snow," but has anyone else experienced the pannel switching to the old CRT "snow" screen in the middle of watching it? We've experienced it while playing Fortnite on the PS4, and then just recently while watching Amazon Prime through my Bluray player's app.

The screen goes to snow (no audio), but then I'll switch inputs on my AVR (Marantz) to DirecTV and it's just fine (audio and video). I'll then go back to what we were doing when it went to snow and it's just fine. It happens at the most random times too.

All HDMI's are 4k, and each component has it's own HDMI ran straight to the AVR.

TYIA

sonoftumble 08-15-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAW (Post 58426014)
Long shot here, as I've searched this thread for "snow" but has anyone else experienced the pannel switching to the old CRT "snow" screen in the middle of watching it? We've experienced it while playing Fortnite on the PS4, and then just recently while watching Amazon Prime through my Bluray player's app.

The screen goes to snow (no audio), but then I'll switch inputs on my AVR (Marantz) to DirecTV and it's just fine (audio and video). I'll then go back to what we were doing when it went to snow and it's just fine. It happens at the most random times too.

All HDMI's are 4k, and each component has it's own HDMI ran straight to the AVR.

TYIA

In my day job, I've run across this issue more than a few times. In almost all cases, this is caused by a marginal cable. Either there is a poor internal connection between the wires and the HDMI chipset inside the cable head(s), or some connection issue with the HDMI ports on either end of the connection. A cable with this problem will be susceptible to environmental interference - a.k.a. "alien crosstalk" - which explains the random nature of the issue.
Keep in mind that just because a cable is 4K "certified", doesn't mean it was actually tested before it left the factory. Most manufacturers expect a certain percentage of failures, and it is cheaper to guarantee the cable than to test it. :)

CRAW 08-15-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonoftumble (Post 58426128)
In my day job, I've run across this issue more than a few times. In almost all cases, this is caused by a marginal cable. Either there is a poor internal connection between the wires and the HDMI chipset inside the cable head(s), or some connection issue with the HDMI ports on either end of the connection. A cable with this problem will be susceptible to environmental interference - a.k.a. "alien crosstalk" - which explains the random nature of the issue.
Keep in mind that just because a cable is 4K "certified", doesn't mean it was actually tested before it left the factory. Most manufacturers expect a certain percentage of failures, and it is cheaper to guarantee the cable than to test it. :)

...and this could just start occurring out of the blue? What's strange is we mostly watch DirecTV and it's never happened on that input - only the PS4, and the Sony BD player.

I'll change the HDMI coming from the AVR to the TV tonight to see if that fixes it (if I can get it to do it again), as I picked one up already thinking that may be the problem.

THANKS!

sonoftumble 08-15-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAW (Post 58426198)
...and this could just start occurring out of the blue? What's strange is we mostly watch DirecTV and it's never happened on that input - only the PS4, and the Sony BD player.

I'll change the HDMI coming from the AVR to the TV tonight to see if that fixes it (if I can get it to do it again), as I picked one up already thinking that may be the problem.

THANKS!

Unless you have a C61K 4K DirecTV box - and only watch Chan. 104 - you will never encounter a problem while watching the other 1080i and 720P channels. Those signals use less than 4.5G of bandwidth. You can pretty much use older cables designed for HDMI 1.4. The PS4 and BD player will use much higher bandwidth ( >10.2Gb ) and also higher frequencies. These higher frequencies are very susceptible to "alien crosstalk". ( I'm assuming that the BD player and PS4 are both 4K 4:4:4 sources. ) A properly insulated cable is critical in eliminating the problem. Also make sure that your cables are 1 to 3 meters in length. I know this might sound strange, but short HDMI cables ( .5 meter ) can cause issues with impedance/resistance.

If it's not a cable(s), then I would start pointing the finger at the AVR. Make sure that the firmware is up to date on that unit.

CRAW 08-15-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonoftumble (Post 58426484)
Unless you have a C61K 4K DirecTV box - and only watch Chan. 104 - you will never encounter a problem while watching the other 1080i and 720P channels. Those signals use less than 4.5G of bandwidth. You can pretty much use older cables designed for HDMI 1.4. The PS4 and BD player will use much higher bandwidth ( >10.2Gb ) and also higher frequencies. These higher frequencies are very susceptible to "alien crosstalk". ( I'm assuming that the BD player and PS4 are both 4K 4:4:4 sources. ) A properly insulated cable is critical in eliminating the problem. Also make sure that your cables are 1 to 3 meters in length. I know this might sound strange, but short HDMI cables ( .5 meter ) can cause issues with impedance/resistance.

If it's not a cable(s), then I would start pointing the finger at the AVR. Make sure that the firmware is up to date on that unit.

Thanks. I never thought about the higher bandwidth and frequencies. Live and learn! If you don't hear back from me, then this solved my problem.

noobtv 08-15-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAW (Post 58426014)
Long shot here, as I've searched this thread for "snow," but has anyone else experienced the pannel switching to the old CRT "snow" screen in the middle of watching it? We've experienced it while playing Fortnite on the PS4, and then just recently while watching Amazon Prime through my Bluray player's app.

TYIA

I get that pretty often if I put my HTPC into 4:4:4 (deep color) mode. It works for a minute or so, then goes to snow.

I assume the cheap Chinese HDMI cable I'm using isn't up to scratch. Eventually I'll do something about it... :D

cmdrdredd 08-17-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonoftumble (Post 58426484)

Many BD players and even the PS4 can be set to 4:2:0 or 4:2:2(I forget what the PS4 allows). This can eliminate some issues, it helps a bit with banding for me to set my PS4 to force a 10bit signal as well. Some games don’t play nice with the default settings the PS4 uses.

Neoshinta 08-17-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patoberli (Post 58368060)
With an Nvidia card I've configured the following:

Nvidia Control Panel -> Display -> Change resolution

Here I've chosen 4k x 2k, 3840 x 2160 (native) (the default)

Under 3. I've "Use default color settings", which is Highest 32-bit, 8bpc, RGB, Full (which means the driver default). This solved various audio issues for me... and HDR games look nice.

Then in Windows 10 1903 (and also 1809) Display settings I've enabled HDR and in the HDR settings I've enabled everything. The SDR content appearance is at around 40-45%.

Those settings even remain after driver updates (if you change anything in the Nvidia control panel, it usually gets reset every driver update).

Sorry for the late reply (I had a hectic month). I don't need to activate the hdr from Windows, since madvr does it for me automatically with the mpc-be player. That's why I don't understand this part: "I've enabled everything. The SDR content appearance is at around 40-45%".

I still have the same problem of seeing instead of pure blacks in dark scenes, a kind of 5% gray where you know, the banding of the oled comes out (that's why I realize that haha). Any tip? [emoji24]

Enviado desde mi SM-J710MN mediante Tapatalk

patoberli 08-17-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoshinta (Post 58435142)
Sorry for the late reply (I had a hectic month). I don't need to activate the hdr from Windows, since madvr does it for me automatically with the mpc-be player. That's why I don't understand this part: "I've enabled everything. The SDR content appearance is at around 40-45%".

I still have the same problem of seeing instead of pure blacks in dark scenes, a kind of 5% gray where you know, the banding of the oled comes out (that's why I realize that haha). Any tip? [emoji24]

I don't even know if the games I use have pure blacks or just nearly blacks, so I can't really compare. Then I have a fairly bright room. In any case, for me it looks good :D

About that part regarding the HDR settings, that's for all other programs that don't run in full screen or bring special HDR settings.

Neoshinta 08-17-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patoberli (Post 58437218)
I don't even know if the games I use have pure blacks or just nearly blacks, so I can't really compare. Then I have a fairly bright room. In any case, for me it looks good :D

About that part regarding the HDR settings, that's for all other programs that don't run in full screen or bring special HDR settings.

Ohhhh I see now. Thanks Pato anyway for your help. If I discover something regarding our B7 with mpc-be/madvr + nvidia cards configuration, I'll post it for the rest[emoji108][emoji847]

Neoshinta 08-17-2019 11:08 PM

I solved it (partially). Black looks like 5% gray when it is on the recommended and shared mode calibrated by @sonoftumble technicolor expert hdr. If I switch to any of the other HDR modes (cinema, cinema home, standard, vivid, game), black looks like it has to be, inky black. Anyone know what I can do? No longer use the technicolor hdr mode calibrated by @sonoftumble :(?

Ps: The technicolor sdr calibrated mode by Sonoftumble doen't present this problem, only in hdr technicolor mode.

cmdrdredd 08-18-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoshinta (Post 58438512)
I solved it (partially). Black looks like 5% gray when it is on the recommended and shared mode calibrated by @sonoftumble technicolor expert hdr. If I switch to any of the other HDR modes (cinema, cinema home, standard, vivid, game), black looks like it has to be, inky black. Anyone know what I can do? No longer use the technicolor hdr mode calibrated by @sonoftumble :(?

Ps: The technicolor sdr calibrated mode by Sonoftumble doen't present this problem, only in hdr technicolor mode.

it’s probably the black level setting not matching the output. A mismatch setting cause black crush or as you probably experienced a washed out picture.

Neoshinta 08-18-2019 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrdredd (Post 58438894)
it’s probably the black level setting not matching the output. A mismatch setting cause black crush or as you probably experienced a washed out picture.

How are you Dredd!!!! :D so long!

And what do you think I can do? The only thing that changes to our good old inky blacks, it's if I change to the other HDR modes only. Nothing happens if I change the black level setting in hdr technicolor of sonoftumble [emoji26]

sonoftumble 08-18-2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrdredd (Post 58435080)
Many BD players and even the PS4 can be set to 4:2:0 or 4:2:2(I forget what the PS4 allows). This can eliminate some issues, it helps a bit with banding for me to set my PS4 to force a 10bit signal as well. Some games don’t play nice with the default settings the PS4 uses.

Great point, and something I forgot to mention.
From a content standpoint, just about every movie title coming out of the studios or mastering houses are 4:2:0 ( UHD HDR10 Blu-ray's and streaming ) or 4:2:2 ( UHD DV Blu-ray's and streaming ). The moral of the story is that there is no need to force things to 4:4:4 because the chroma data doesn't exist to begin with. Basically the TV is being asked to pull that missing data out of thin air - which of course increases processing loads and lag.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

cmdrdredd 08-18-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoshinta (Post 58438898)
How are you Dredd!!!! :D so long!

And what do you think I can do? The only thing that changes to our good old inky blacks, it's if I change to the other HDR modes only. Nothing happens if I change the black level setting in hdr technicolor of sonoftumble [emoji26]

There is a black level setting in the tv you can switch back and forth to see. Also try the different gamma settings and see if anything looks better. I haven’t messed with the tv settings in forever so I forget exactly what I have it set to.

Neoshinta 08-18-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrdredd (Post 58439722)
There is a black level setting in the tv you can switch back and forth to see. Also try the different gamma settings and see if anything looks better. I haven’t messed with the tv settings in forever so I forget exactly what I have it set to.

That's what I do yesterday. The low and high level in black level and gamma is greyed out in hdr mode I think.

TitusTroy 08-18-2019 05:14 PM

is there any chance that the new Disney+ app gets added to the 2017 models?

Ph8te 08-18-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusTroy (Post 58441566)
is there any chance that the new Disney+ app gets added to the 2017 models?

I’d doubt it. Unless Disney decides to make the app compatible with previous versions of WebOS. It would be much better to use an external device to access the app.

TitusTroy 08-18-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph8te (Post 58441622)
I’d doubt it. Unless Disney decides to make the app compatible with previous versions of WebOS. It would be much better to use an external device to access the app.

is there a better chance of it getting added to the 2018/2019 models?

Tapidlittle 08-18-2019 06:07 PM

OLED tv as a PC monitor and Vsync issues

I am using my LG B7 as a PC monitor.

The problem I get is when the FPS goes under 60 it's almost unplayable. I have set Vsync ON to avoid tearing.

I have an RTX 2080ti but when I put the max settings in 4k in some games it drops to 50-55 fps.

I know that my OLED doesn't have any Gsync or Freesync feature but I was wondering if there are any settings or software I can use to help be in sync even if I'm under my refresh rate (60hz in 4k).

I have been told since OLED doesn't really have motion blur the problem is more apparent.

This problem never occurs on my Xbox One X so I guess there is something to do with a PC to fix this,

any help or advice would be appreciated.
thank you.