2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980844Likes

post #36211 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Just wondering, which country / legal streaming site allows you to get 4k uncompressed video?
As far as I know, most major countries deem movie ripping illegal, because of that, barely any 100 Mbps sources exist
Yes I know, this contains some sarcasm. I wonder what the bitrate of a new 4k drone is, that video might break the 100 Mbps….

Regarding 10 Gbps networks, at least here in Europe barely any home has that. Companies some, but home users? Nope. You also can't buy in most retail stores any 10 Gbps equipment, or maybe 1 out of 15 offered switches. So in no case "many people".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36212 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
Just wondering, which country / legal streaming site allows you to get 4k uncompressed video?
As far as I know, most major countries deem movie ripping illegal, because of that, barely any 100 Mbps sources exist
Yes I know, this contains some sarcasm. I wonder what the bitrate of a new 4k drone is, that video might break the 100 Mbps….
Just a small correction, but you are not going to find "uncompressed" video anywhere outside of a video production studio. All video for distribution is compressed in some way, otherwise you are talking about bitrates in the tens of Gigabits per second and files in the order of Terabytes.

(Well technically, the video on your HDMI cable is uncompressed, but the data from which it is composed was still compressed at one point, be it from a network source, or a UHD disc)
ataneruo and lsorensen like this.
post #36213 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:

Regarding 10 Gbps networks, at least here in Europe barely any home has that. Companies some, but home users? Nope. You also can't buy in most retail stores any 10 Gbps equipment, or maybe 1 out of 15 offered switches. So in no case "many people".

You are certainly right about this. I have been waiting for prices to fall a bit. As of now It would cost in excess of $3.5K to upgrade my network.
I work in a shop with maybe 3000 IT folks. I have been there over 20 years. With all of the tech oriented guys and gals there, I have yet to talk to any that have 10 gig networks at home. I think that using "most" in this context is really, really inaccurate.
IMHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36214 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
Just a small correction, but you are not going to find "uncompressed" video anywhere outside of a video production studio. All video for distribution is compressed in some way, otherwise you are talking about bitrates in the tens of Gigabits per second and files in the order of Terabytes.

(Well technically, the video on your HDMI cable is uncompressed, but the data from which it is composed was still compressed at one point, be it from a network source, or a UHD disc)

Yes. Blu Ray uses H265.
Definition:
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), or H.265, is a video compression standard ….

Anyway. I use the TV for streaming with built in apps. I use other devices with HDMI to my AVR for full bitrate local streaming.
The Ethernet port speed may handicap a few people, but obviously it is not many... even among AVS members. It rarely comes up in the conversation here.

It sure seems like we have beaten this poor dead horse beyond what is humane.
post #36215 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtari View Post
It might be useful to point out that USB 2.0 can provide up to 480 Mbps transfer rates, so 2018/2019 models can easily benefit by USB 2.0 Ethernet adapters. What’s more, USB 3.0 is backward compatible and can directly be slotted into one of the available 2.0 ports. Just bare in mind that, for some reason, not all adapters are compatible.
Thanks, Xirtari. I thought I had read that some people were running into issues with the USB2 adapter, but that may have been me skimming over the posts. If the USB2 ports are working with the supported adapters then that is good news for those who require that Ethernet speed.
post #36216 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
You are certainly right about this. I have been waiting for prices to fall a bit. As of now It would cost in excess of $3.5K to upgrade my network.
I work in a shop with maybe 3000 IT folks. I have been there over 20 years. With all of the tech oriented guys and gals there, I have yet to talk to any that have 10 gig networks at home. I think that using "most" in this context is really, really inaccurate.
IMHO
Hi ppasteur, many home users running 10GB+ home networks are sourcing their equipment at heavily reduced prices from ebay. Myself, I bought the Cat 6E cables from a regular online vendor and the remaining equipment (switches etc) from ebay. I started my upgrade 5 years ago and there was no way I was buying new 10GB equipment at the prices they were selling then. However, I can understand why sourcing from eBay isn't a feasible approach for many companies so for many the prices do need to drop further then they have.
post #36217 of 37448 Old 09-09-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Gears 5 on X1X + LG 2017 OLEDs - HDR Calibration:

1. Use "Option 1" X1X HDR preset you can find here (both for Console and TV);
  2. Use the following in-game HDR settings:
    • Contrast 50 (Default)
    • Brightness 140 (Default) or 100 (if you play in a pitch black room)
    • HDR Brightness 4.000

If you prefer "Option 2":

1. Use "Option 2" X1X HDR preset you can find here (both for Console and TV);
    • Contrast 50 (Default)
    • Brightness 140 (Default) or 100 (if you play in a pitch black room)
    • HDR Brightness 2.000

As of today it's visually the most stunning game ever made and the best HDR implementation of gaming.

Enjoy this masterpiece!
Staple likes this.

Last edited by P40L0; 09-13-2019 at 07:54 AM.
post #36218 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 12:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Thanks, Xirtari. I thought I had read that some people were running into issues with the USB2 adapter, but that may have been me skimming over the posts. If the USB2 ports are working with the supported adapters then that is good news for those who require that Ethernet speed.

Those numbers are the max speeds of USB. True speeds are usually much lower and can be significantly lower for a particular poor chipsets. I’m pretty sure you will it get anything close to those speeds on the LG USB ports with Ethernet (as is the case on the raspberry pi chipsets that I have experience with.)
Xirtari likes this.
post #36219 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
panel color issue

I have a 2017 65" b7a OLED and I've recently noticed a color offset issue with my panel. There seems to be a column in ledt middle that is a different hue than the rest of the display. I've attached a few images to show this, its somewhat subtle but its become very noticeable when there are single color images on the screen.

Is this burn in? Different issue? Any idea if its fixable?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red-oled.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	2613544   Click image for larger version

Name:	magenta-oled.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	2613546   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow-oled.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	2613548  
post #36220 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
I have a 2017 65" b7a OLED and I've recently noticed a color offset issue with my panel. There seems to be a column in ledt middle that is a different hue than the rest of the display. I've attached a few images to show this, its somewhat subtle but its become very noticeable when there are single color images on the screen.

I had this problem. What is happening is the left side of the display is brighter than the right. Try posting a green pattern, it was easily discerned.
It's out of warranty so this is a hit or miss with LG.

I was able to get a panel replacement as a one-time curtesy but only after 4 phone call, a denial, and I requested escalation.
Then, a tech came over and played a green screen while phoning in for panel replacement approval.
The replacement panel corrected the problem.

Please post a green screen. That should be the best to illustrate the problem.

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva RMC-1 | Revel Salon2 x 4, Voice2 | Benchmark AHB2 x 5 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex2
For Sale: Revel Studio2s https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...l#post59806962
post #36221 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Here is a green screen, its not really noticeable on green (or blue or cyan). Red and yellow seem the worst.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	green-oled.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	2613596  
post #36222 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 43
After 1776 hours of usage on my 65C7 I am a member of the stuck pixel club. It is in the upper left quadrant and is a bright white. Tried a pixel refresh and no change. Any good ideas on what to do? Thanks.

James
post #36223 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7645 Post(s)
Liked: 7709
Quote:

I can see it in the red, did you buy an extended warranty? Did you use a credit card to buy the TV, does it add one or two more years of coverage?
post #36224 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I can see it in the red, did you buy an extended warranty? Did you use a credit card to buy the TV, does it add one or two more years of coverage?

I did not buy the extended warranty. I did use a credit card, I'll have to dig into the perks and see if theres anything that might help
post #36225 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
It's almost in the middle of the screen. I can't really understand what kind of logo or static object that would be showing in the middle of the display? I can't think of anything.

i had something similar to that too on my c7, except mine was oval shaped.
messed up leds would show the most on a red screen.

i called lg and they came out to see it.
the guy said he has seen it before but was very very rare.

now i did have a little over 7k hours on it my first year (it was replaced at the 15 months)
my tv is almost never off

ended up replacing the front panel (not the whole tv) even tho i was 3 months out of warranty.

i had best buy warranty too and they offered me a c8 replacement but i told them i’d rather keep the warranty an see if lg would help.
post #36226 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
I will be getting a LG technician over to inspect my panel. How did they replace your panel? I suppose I will have to bring the TV somewhere, will be really hard to get this TV anywhere considering how thin it is. I'm afraid to destroy it during transfer.

the lg tec did it on my dinner table with a blanket on it, u can see the new front panel on the right side as he’s switching all the rear parts over

lax01 likes this.
post #36227 of 37448 Old 09-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40L0 View Post
Gears 5 on X1X + LG 2017 OLEDs - HDR Calibration:

1. Use "Option 1" X1X HDR preset you can find here (both for Console and TV);
    • Contrast 50 (Default)
    • Brightness 140 (Default)
    • HDR Brightness 4.000

If you prefer "Option 2":

1. Use "Option 2" X1X HDR preset you can find here (both for Console and TV);
    • Contrast 50 (Default)
    • Brightness 140 (Default)
    • HDR Brightness 2.000

As of today it's visually the most stunning game ever made and the best HDR implementation of gaming.

Enjoy this masterpiece!

Thanks P40L0! I’ve enjoyed your suggested settings for my XB1 since day one. They really have allowed me to enjoy some truly breathtaking visuals throughout my gaming experience. You are to be commended.

-Staple
P40L0 likes this.
post #36228 of 37448 Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:

Yes, that's quite noticeable on the red and yellow slides. It's not burn in unless you watch a lot of a static picture of a red tower, lol!

I'd say you need a panel replacement to fix it.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.
post #36229 of 37448 Old 09-13-2019, 01:39 PM

All LG 2017 OLEDs Calibrated Profiles updated to v7.2.3 , with the following changes:

• NEW HDR Game calibration (Option 1) , still based on High DC but with the following fixes:
    -No more black crush while preserving true blacks (with Brightness: 55);​
    -No more washed out or "weird" colors (with Color Gamut: Wide + Color: 50 + Color Temp: W45 + Dynamic Color: HIGH)!​
  • Option 1 is now tagged as "Recommended";
  • Best Sharpness value is back to 10.

No in-game changes needed.

Give it a try and let me know what you think

Enjoy,
P
Neoshinta likes this.
post #36230 of 37448 Old 09-13-2019, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40L0 View Post
All LG 2017 OLEDs Calibrated Profiles updated to v7.2.3 , with the following changes:

• NEW HDR Game calibration (Option 1) , still based on High DC but with the following fixes:
    -No more black crush while preserving true blacks (with Brightness: 55);​
    -No more washed out or "weird" colors (with Color Gamut: Wide + Color: 50 + Color Temp: W45 + Dynamic Color: HIGH)!​
  • Option 1 is now tagged as "Recommended";
  • Best Sharpness value is back to 10.
No in-game changes needed.

Give it a try and let me know what you think

Enjoy,
P

Thanks for posting these, will be my first time trying to use them as I'd previously used another set of calibrations that weren't quite as in depth.

Couple of quick simple questions - are there actually 9 profiles - 3x Xbox Option1, 3x Xbox Option2 & 3x WebOs. Or should I only do either Xbox Option 1 or 2? If so how do I choose which?

How do these settings work with the copy across all other inputs instruction? Do all 6(9) options work concurrently on separate Modes so that they don't overwrite?
post #36231 of 37448 Old 09-13-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stevenson View Post
Thanks for posting these, will be my first time trying to use them as I'd previously used another set of calibrations that weren't quite as in depth.

Couple of quick simple questions - are there actually 9 profiles - 3x Xbox Option1, 3x Xbox Option2 & 3x WebOs. Or should I only do either Xbox Option 1 or 2? If so how do I choose which?

How do these settings work with the copy across all other inputs instruction? Do all 6(9) options work concurrently on separate Modes so that they don't overwrite?
My recommendation is starting dialing in the first 3 presets for webOS apps (which are considered a separate input type), therefore launching an SDR, an HDR and a Dolby Vision content from webOS for calibrating each profile.

After that, turn on your console and change its HDMI Input Icon to "Game Console" (every "icon" are in reality separate containers that could have totally different presets for each), then do the same thing for the 3 presets (SDR, HDR, DV) launching separate contents and entering directly the 3 X1X "Option 1" calibrated profiles in the OP.

In the end, do not forget to also adjust in-game HDR settings as suggested with many games' examples for "Option 1", generally increasing Max HDR Luminance to 4.000 and avoid touching other HDR Brightness values
Andrew Stevenson likes this.
post #36232 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Been using a 55 in refurb (that was actually new) costco model that I purchased off Amazon a year ago. No problems at at except for the fact that the back button doesn't work on the remote. Anyway this TV will be getting boxed back up soon and then will be used in the bedroom after I move since I just purchased a 65 inch C8. I'm not expecting much of an improvement other than in size, I know the processor is supposed to be a little better but I doubt that makes any real difference.
post #36233 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
Been using a 55 in refurb (that was actually new) costco model that I purchased off Amazon a year ago. No problems at at except for the fact that the back button doesn't work on the remote. Anyway this TV will be getting boxed back up soon and then will be used in the bedroom after I move since I just purchased a 65 inch C8. I'm not expecting much of an improvement other than in size, I know the processor is supposed to be a little better but I doubt that makes any real difference.

You may be pleasantly surprised. I went from a 65B7 to a 77C8 about six weeks ago and immediately saw an improvement in picture quality. Shadow areas were more detailed and with less noise, they are a fair bit cleaner. Because of this there is more depth in the picture and you don't find yourself straining to see into the dark areas, they open up that bit more.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
post #36234 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys, long time lurker, first post here.

I have a question about pixel refresher.

Does it run at 2000h as in fixed multiples of 2000, or does it wait 2000h between refreshes?

If I run one manually at 1500h, will it ran auto cycle at 2000h regardless, or will it run at 3500h?

Asking because pixel refresher left 25% square that is visible on red, but judging from rtings photos it gets worse with every refresh.

I am ok with it as it is right now. It is barely noticeable only on 100% Red slides, but I worry what that automatic cycle will make it more noticeable in normal content.

I am thinking of doing IN_Stop factory reset just to reset the pixel refresh counter back to 0. Has anyone done factory reset in service menu?
Does it reset even the factory calibration? If I copy everything from EZ_Adjust and IN_Start and enter it manually after the IN_Stop reset, will the picture look the same?

Thanks
post #36235 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 7026 Post(s)
Liked: 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pijani Mikula View Post
Hi guys, long time lurker, first post here.

I have a question about pixel refresher.

Does it run at 2000h as in fixed multiples of 2000, or does it wait 2000h between refreshes?

If I run one manually at 1500h, will it ran auto cycle at 2000h regardless, or will it run at 3500h?

Asking because pixel refresher left 25% square that is visible on red, but judging from rtings photos it gets worse with every refresh.

I am ok with it as it is right now. It is barely noticeable only on 100% Red slides, but I worry what that automatic cycle will make it more noticeable in normal content.

I am thinking of doing IN_Stop factory reset just to reset the pixel refresh counter back to 0. Has anyone done factory reset in service menu?

Does it reset even the factory calibration? If I copy everything from EZ_Adjust and IN_Start and enter it manually after the IN_Stop reset, will the picture look the same?

Thanks

That square is a known factory defect, if you do a google search you’ll find the rtings post on it. Contact LG for a replacement.
post #36236 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Guys is it safe to use 100 OLED lightning on HDR games. Doesn't that increase the chance of HUD burn-ins which such a high lightning?
post #36237 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 282
I just got the Firestick 4K. Not seeing Expert (Dark Room) as a choice in the Picture Settings. All I see among the standard choice is Cinema and Cinema Home. I'm using HDMI 3.

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System • SVS SB-1000
post #36238 of 37448 Old 09-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Never mind, found it in the Display settings. Switch HDR Always to Adaptive.

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System • SVS SB-1000
post #36239 of 37448 Old 09-15-2019, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
I was finally able to load @sonoftumble Dolby Vision calibration file!
It only took around 6 months...
How I did it: as described put it on stick and put stick into TV. Then (while DV content was playing) opened the Home menu, selected the Inputs, selected the USB-stick, opened all (by the TV generated new) folders and then the prompt finally appeared to install it
Hi, do you know where I can get a share of that file and those settings please? Thank you.
post #36240 of 37448 Old 09-15-2019, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Hi, do you know where I can get a share of that file and those settings please? Thank you.
Search for Sonoftumble within this thread and open one of his posts. In his signature is a link to the calibration and if I remember correctly, a link to the Dolby Vision calibration file.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page