AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   OLED Technology and Flat Panels General (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/)
-   -   2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2784185-2017-lg-c7-b7-owners-thread-no-price-talk.html)

cathodeRay 09-18-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscottc (Post 58573760)
Is anyone else having issues streaming Amazon Prime Video on their LG sets. In practically all situations, these are 1080 videos, not any of the higher resolutions. I have a 55" C7 series OLED TV. Lately while watching Amazon Prime I get frequent error messages popping up "We have problem" and the video freezes, the audio plays for a few seconds longer then also stops. I have to back out and resume playing. I am not having any issues on any other streaming services. And I'm getting just shy of 100 Mb/s download speeds at the TV itself, tested both with a WebOS speed test app and with Netflix diagnostics. I can't seem to find any Amazon Prime Video diagnostics within the Prime app on the TV. Any ideas, thank you.

Yes, c7 too, for 3 or 4 of days now. I've shut it off and turned on another device and the internet is fine. I've unplugged the TV for 10 minutes which clears the cache, which may not be related, and then Amazon works again. I noticed that none of the apps on the TV worked after this happens but Xbox, etc. does, so it seems like a TV issue and not an app issue. All on the same wireless router.

Cleveland Plasma 09-18-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigmakan (Post 58538530)
Here is a green screen, its not really noticeable on green (or blue or cyan). Red and yellow seem the worst.

looking at this picture of the green I see nothing at first glance, however if I look long enough I see all kinds of things .... lol

rego00123 09-18-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Is anyone else having issues streaming Amazon Prime Video on their LG sets. In practically all situations, these are 1080 videos, not any of the higher resolutions. I have a 55" C7 series OLED TV. Lately while watching Amazon Prime I get frequent error messages popping up "We have problem" and the video freezes, the audio plays for a few seconds longer then also stops. I have to back out and resume playing. I am not having any issues on any other streaming services. And I'm getting just shy of 100 Mb/s download speeds at the TV itself, tested both with a WebOS speed test app and with Netflix diagnostics. I can't seem to find any Amazon Prime Video diagnostics within the Prime app on the TV. Any ideas, thank you.

We had prime video load to a black screen a few times in the last week. Audio plays, but the screen stays black.
No error messages for us. Clearing cache is fixed it

vajrakagyu 09-19-2019 04:38 AM

LG 55 B7 Burn-in. Question on the replacement panel.

Hi everyone.
So after 18 months after use and always been overprotecting, my TV has burn in in the top left corner (from the logo of a TV channel).
Fortunately, it’s still in warranty and I sent it to LG Greece service.
They will replace the panel with a new 2019 panel and extend the warrant for another two years.
Can anyone tell me what does a panel exchange mean? How will the processor of the 2017 model work with the 2019 panel?
Thanks in advance.

gossamer88 09-19-2019 09:27 AM

I have not used the TV apps in a very long time. But I would try to see if there's an update. If there isn't then I suggest getting a streaming box. As there are times apps are abandoned on the TVs OS.

mscottc 09-19-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gossamer88 (Post 58580282)
I have not used the TV apps in a very long time. But I would try to see if there's an update. If there isn't then I suggest getting a streaming box. As there are times apps are abandoned on the TVs OS.

That was one of the first things I checked.. the app is the most current one. Given the size of both LG and Amazon, I doubt the app has been abandoned or ignored. It was updated just last month, but the issues just started about a week ago. Hopefully they are aware of this issue and getting ready to release an updated app that deals with this problem

Ph8te 09-19-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscottc (Post 58580992)
That was one of the first things I checked.. the app is the most current one. Given the size of both LG and Amazon, I doubt the app has been abandoned or ignored. It was updated just last month, but the issues just started about a week ago. Hopefully they are aware of this issue and getting ready to release an updated app that deals with this problem

Amazon has been making changes in the background that have “broken” playback (including missing HDR) for the AppleTV app recently. If you haven’t already reach out to Amazon to see if they can tell you anything.

stumbleshoe 09-19-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigmakan (Post 58537830)
I have a 2017 65" b7a OLED and I've recently noticed a color offset issue with my panel. There seems to be a column in ledt middle that is a different hue than the rest of the display. I've attached a few images to show this, its somewhat subtle but its become very noticeable when there are single color images on the screen.

Is this burn in? Different issue? Any idea if its fixable?

I had this same issue and mine showed up best using grey screens. I got my panel replaced after many, many, many calls to LG - the local repair center says they’ve seen a bunch of these.

mscottc 09-19-2019 07:29 PM

Regarding my problem with stalling playback on the Amazon Prime app... the suggestion to uninstall and re-install the app was the winner. So far so good.

lax01 09-19-2019 08:17 PM

noobtv 09-19-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscottc (Post 58582992)
Regarding my problem with stalling playback on the Amazon Prime app... the suggestion to uninstall and re-install the app was the winner. So far so good.

I don't use the Amazon App but I had problems with wifi when I first got the TV - it would go super slow/not work every now and then.

Since the TV is about 1m from the router I solved it by just going to ethernet and have had no problems since.

Some people have said that turning off Quick Start solved wifi problems for them but others said that had no effect.

Was it only the Amazon App having problems or is it wifi in general?

P40L0 09-19-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P40L0 (Post 58553610)
All LG 2017 OLEDs Calibrated Profiles updated to v7.2.3 , with the following changes:

• NEW HDR Game calibration (Option 1) , still based on High DC but with the following fixes:
    -No more black crush while preserving true blacks (with Brightness: 55);​
    -No more washed out or "weird" colors (with Color Gamut: Wide + Color: 50 + Color Temp: W45 + Dynamic Color: HIGH)!​
  • Option 1 is now tagged as "Recommended";
  • Best Sharpness value is back to 10.

No in-game changes needed.

Give it a try and let me know what you think ;)

Enjoy,
P

HDR Game calibration (Option 1) updated to v7.3 :

Changelog:

• A more accurate way to fix the "washed out" colors when Dynamic Contrast: HIGH is activated is now setting Color Gamut: AUTO + Color: 65, with Dynamic Color: OFF;
  • All the other settings remain untouched.

Enjoy ;)

ynnek63 09-20-2019 12:10 AM

My 55" B7 just ran the 4000 hour pixel refresh and the picture still looks amazing! Still in love with this TV:D:D

Neoshinta 09-20-2019 12:39 AM

B7 family, recently I have an update in mine...anyone has it too? It's safe? Thanks in advance [emoji4]
Quote:

Originally Posted by P40L0 (Post 58583412)
HDR Game calibration (Option 1) updated to v7.3 :

Changelog:

• A more accurate way to fix the "washed out" colors when Dynamic Contrast: HIGH is activated is now setting Color Gamut: AUTO + Color: 65, with Dynamic Color: OFF;
  • All the other settings remain untouched.

Enjoy ;)

Do you have something for PC use? (I use it for games and movies).

Enviado desde mi SM-J710MN mediante Tapatalk

P40L0 09-20-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoshinta (Post 58583504)
B7 family, recently I have an update in mine...anyone has it too? It's safe? Thanks in advance [emoji4] Do you have something for PC use? (I use it for games and movies).

That HDR Game profile will be perfectly fine also for PC HDR mixed usage.
Go here and apply the X1X SDR (Option 1) profile, based on SDR Game, for PC SDR usage.

Just remember to configure Windows and/or NVIDIA/AMD Control Panels to RGB Limited Color Space, 420 or 422 Chroma, 10-bit Color Depth.

jqmn 09-20-2019 03:43 AM

I got tired of constantly having to switch motion back to User on each start when using the app so I went to a stick off my processor. No interruptions, freezing, motion settings or other issues since then.

Quote:

TheDude Abides 09-20-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph8te (Post 58581140)
Amazon has been making changes in the background that have “broken” playback (including missing HDR) for the AppleTV app recently. If you haven’t already reach out to Amazon to see if they can tell you anything.

Had a problem beginning of the week on the ATV 4K App where we got a "something is wrong" notice when trying to play any 4K Series. Regular worked fine.
This Morning I checked again & all is working, so maybe they have finished tweaking :)

Neoshinta 09-20-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P40L0 (Post 58583522)
That HDR Game profile will be perfectly fine also for PC HDR mixed usage.

Go here and apply the X1X SDR (Option 1) profile, based on SDR Game, for PC SDR usage.

Just remember to configure Windows and/or NVIDIA/AMD Control Panels to RGB Limited Color Space, 420 or 422 Chroma, 10-bit Color Depth.

Thanks so much! So, I only apply those changes in game preset sdr and hdr, aside of cinema hdr I already have, same with technicolor for sdr movies?

ckaye99 09-23-2019 11:55 AM

Does anyone know what the estimated useful life for the C series sets is? I have a C7 that I bought in April 2018, and I looked to see how many hours it's been in use and was shocked to find 5,800 hours. Picture still looks pristine to my eyes, but I'm wondering if there's a ceiling on this thing.

Thanks.

Ph8te 09-23-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckaye99 (Post 58597286)
Does anyone know what the estimated useful life for the C series sets is? I have a C7 that I bought in April 2018, and I looked to see how many hours it's been in use and was shocked to find 5,800 hours. Picture still looks pristine to my eyes, but I'm wondering if there's a ceiling on this thing.

Thanks.

Half-life is estimated between 80-100k hours for OLEDs. You’re not even close to the “useful” end of the TV.

noobtv 09-23-2019 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckaye99 (Post 58597286)

Thanks.

If you look at the rtings burn-in tests, after over 9500 hours there's no appreciable change in brightness. And these are real torture tests.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real...d-burn-in-test
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/perm...rn-in-lcd-oled

lax01 09-23-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 58583098)

Honestly, I think the TV looks better after the 2000 hour run...did not get the defect with the rectangle in the middle of the TV (from what I can tell)

Neoshinta 09-24-2019 09:37 AM

Anybody update to this last one? Nothing broken? Everything all right? [emoji28]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea6ffd6fd7.jpg

patoberli 09-24-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoshinta (Post 58600578)
Anybody update to this last one? Nothing broken? Everything all right? [emoji28]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea6ffd6fd7.jpg

That firmware isn't yet available in Switzerland.

P40L0 09-24-2019 02:29 PM

For all LG 2017 OLEDs' users who dislike Dynamic Contrast: HIGH and its negative effects to accuracy and/or who don't care about extra luminance:

NEW - HDR Game (Option 1b) calibrated profile, based on Dynamic Contrast: MEDIUM, has now been added to this post.

Some notes:

• Brightness value is a bit higher than default to compensate a very slight black crush (much lesser compared to High DC);
  • Color value is a bit higher to 1:1 match HDR Technicolor saturation.

Have fun! :)

MrQuade 09-24-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Anybody update to this last one? Nothing broken? Everything all right?k

Apparently 5.80.45 is also rolling out in Australia too.
I haven't seen anything about either version, and haven't been offered the .45 upgrade via online update yet.

Even the Russian WebOS forum still shows .35 as the "latest" with no future test versions. Perhaps that thread is now abandoned though.

Marcelo Rocca 09-25-2019 09:50 AM

The 5.80.40 log says : to improve screen resize issue on Ginga channel

Enviado desde mi BLA-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Mr. Horse 09-25-2019 02:44 PM

Forgive my noob question, as this thread is huge and hard to search. I have a C7 and have been using it in a 5.1 system using optical audio out to my older yamaha AVR. I just upgraded to 7.1 (with wiring for atmos, but no speakers yet) with a new AVR. I only watch streaming services (netlix, amazon prime etc) through the TV apps. I'm wondering how to get 7.1 sound into my AVR - I know that netflix has atmos but I don't see any actual 7.1 soundtracks on netlix or amazon. Although I don't have ceiling speakers yet, I assume the atmos soundtrack has rear vs side surrounds encoded so there is benefit in my system. I have read that this atmos signal cannot go through the optical cable? I know that my new AVR (yammie 3080) can upmix 5.1 to 7.1 but I'm hoping to get the best sound possible.

Thanks

rsonnens 09-25-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse (Post 58606342)
Forgive my noob question, as this thread is huge and hard to search. I have a C7 and have been using it in a 5.1 system using optical audio out to my older yamaha AVR. I just upgraded to 7.1 (with wiring for atmos, but no speakers yet) with a new AVR. I only watch streaming services (netlix, amazon prime etc) through the TV apps. I'm wondering how to get 7.1 sound into my AVR - I know that netflix has atmos but I don't see any actual 7.1 soundtracks on netlix or amazon. Although I don't have ceiling speakers yet, I assume the atmos soundtrack has rear vs side surrounds encoded so there is benefit in my system. I have read that this atmos signal cannot go through the optical cable? I know that my new AVR (yammie 3080) can upmix 5.1 to 7.1 but I'm hoping to get the best sound possible.

Thanks

I don’t think anyone streams 7.1 or there are very few offerings and none that I know of on Netflix. Amazon may sell some movies but I do not know. You can get Atmos 5.1.2/4 however deepening upon your setup.

Assuming you are using the TV apps you first must use ARC to get DD+ from the TV to the AVR. You also may need a higher tier of Netflix as I think Atmos is only available with HDR titles (I could be wrong here but it is that way on the ATV with Apples iMovie offering.) Your AVR also needs to be set up for Atmos, with speakers.

Again assuming you are using the TV’s apps, what I’d first do is NOT use your AVR and find Atmos material that will play on your TV as Atmos. Then switch the output to HDMI/arc and see that you get DD+.

If you want to get your AVR to “light up” with Atmos you will need an external device such as the ATV4k. I this case connect the external device directly to the AVR and not to the TV. You won’t use ARC in this setup and it will give the best possible sound.

If you receiver supports eARC you could also upgrade your TV and then you could pass full Atmos and not just DD+ from the TV or a device attached to the TV.

bobknavs 09-25-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Anybody update to this last one? Nothing broken? Everything all right? [emoji28](snip)

Hasn't shown up for me yet (US, Connecticut) as an over-the-air update. However, it is on the Brazilian site: https://www.lg.com/br/suporte/suport...o/lg-OLED55B7P

It's compatible with a B7A.

Downloaded and installed. Didn't brick the TV, or noticeably improve my life.