2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1214 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980484Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #36391 of 36561 Old 10-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric23 View Post
Mine failed at 5,300 hours of total power on time. It was working perfectly up until then and then Bam!

It's a real shame that LG's warranty is only 1 year.
I'm in Australia so we have good consumer laws. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...replace-refund

Companies can say whatever they like but they can't take away your rights under those laws.

> Your rights under the consumer guarantees do not have a specific expiry date and can apply even after any warranties you’ve got from a business have expired.

These laws have teeth and I've had a lot of success with them. Basically all I've needed to do is mention that I am aware of my rights no matter what they claim, and refer them to that page.

For a TV the price of the LG OLED I would expect at least 5 years of perfect usage.

1 year warranty on a $2k TV is pathetic and all those companies should be ashamed.

You'd think one of them would want to differentiate themselves by standing by their product, but it seems to be a race to the bottom, despite premium prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronub View Post
If the EDID is unrecognizable by the GPU why is the GPU still able to determine most of the supported video formats?
I believe the AVR just passes on the formats from the info provided from the TV, but replaces the name with it's own. ie it pretends to be a display that supports whatever formats the TV does.

I know this because it has caused problems with my Ubuntu HTPC - when the AVR goes into standby it switches something about the EDID, because the AVR is switching from "passthrough with overlay" mode into "standby passthrough with no overlay" mode.

If I have programs open on the HTPC when this happens, they often get confused with the display change.
maveric23 likes this.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.

Last edited by noobtv; 10-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.
noobtv is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #36392 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: U.K.
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
I'm in Australia so we have good consumer laws. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...replace-refund

Companies can say whatever they like but they can't take away your rights under those laws.

> Your rights under the consumer guarantees do not have a specific expiry date and can apply even after any warranties you’ve got from a business have expired.

These laws have teeth and I've had a lot of success with them. Basically all I've needed to do is mention that I am aware of my rights no matter what they claim, and refer them to that page.

For a TV the price of the LG OLED I would expect at least 5 years of perfect usage.

1 year warranty on a $2k TV is pathetic and all those companies should be ashamed.

You'd think one of them would want to differentiate themselves by standing by their product, but it seems to be a race to the bottom, despite premium prices.
Hi,
Interesting that Australia has similar consumer laws to the UK. However I had a problem with my 65B7 where one half of the screen was slightly darker than the other and which manifested after 16 months. The retailer had stopped trading and so I contacted LG who wouldn't help at all, saying that under the consumer law it was the retailer who had to resolve the issue . When I read up on this it seemed that they were right. I probably should have contacted the Citizen's Advice Bureau but I then discovered that a brand new 77C8 with a 5 year warranty was available for just £3,600 (Only £300 more that I paid for the B7 with just a one year warranty ). It was the perfect excuse to upgrade and so I jumped right in. I would have bought a 77 originally when I bought the 65 but at that time (2017) the only ones available were the W series at about £20,000 or the G at around £10,000.
I gave my B7 to a friend and because the screen issue was only apparent very , very occasionally (watching low resolution panning shots of football where there is a large area of pitch visible) then I am confident he will never become aware of it. It's only us nuts who look too critically. In any case it was free to him and a much better TV than he would have bought if he had gone to a store.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.

Last edited by alexbarbel; 10-14-2019 at 03:13 AM.
alexbarbel is online now  
post #36393 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,762
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6781 Post(s)
Liked: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
I have, seems like I’m the only one with a lemon at the moment.
Defects happen all the time, on all models, not just this model.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #36394 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
maveric23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Defects happen all the time, on all models, not just this model.
From a retailer's perspective, what is a reasonable consumer expectation for an OLED TV lifespan in terms of years?

============================
Grouchy Golf
maveric23 is offline  
post #36395 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,447
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6579 Post(s)
Liked: 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric23 View Post
From a retailer's perspective, what is a reasonable consumer expectation for an OLED TV lifespan in terms of years?


I think it’s more likely you’ll get a new TV than have the TV die on you. The half life is somewhere between 80-100k hours depending on usage/etc. that’s reaching close to 9/10 years of 24/7 usage to reach half life.
Ph8te is online now  
post #36396 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I think it’s more likely you’ll get a new TV than have the TV die on you. The half life is somewhere between 80-100k hours depending on usage/etc. that’s reaching close to 9/10 years of 24/7 usage to reach half life.
That's what you'd hope, but we see lots of posts on here of people (I assume in the US) whos TV has failed just out of warranty.

As a consumer I would hope for 10 years out of a TV and it should be up to me if I want to replace it before then.

If they can't make a TV that lasts 7 years then they shouldn't be in business.

I understand that things fail, and that's unavoidable, but they should stand by their products.
Ricker62 likes this.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.
noobtv is online now  
post #36397 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,447
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6579 Post(s)
Liked: 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
That's what you'd hope, but we see lots of posts on here of people (I assume in the US) whos TV has failed just out of warranty.

As a consumer I would hope for 10 years out of a TV and it should be up to me if I want to replace it before then.

If they can't make a TV that lasts 7 years then they shouldn't be in business.

I understand that things fail, and that's unavoidable, but they should stand by their products.


I mean it’s the nature of the forums and online areas where people post. You’ll always see more people post about issues (and be loud about it) than those that are happy. As the saying goes happy owners are quiet owners. I wouldn’t (Personally) take online forum posts as a “de facto” sample, we are a subset of a subset. While 100 could seem like a tremendous amount in a forum section/thread, heck even 1k, if a TV has hundreds of thousands of sets out there that fraction while seemingly “a lot” is just a small fraction of actual ownership. I’m not sure I’d go to the extreme of “not be in business”. Electronics have moved more and more to disposable items, many being replaced well before their time is up.
rsonnens likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #36398 of 36561 Old 10-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I mean it’s the nature of the forums and online areas where people post. You’ll always see more people post about issues (and be loud about it) than those that are happy. As the saying goes happy owners are quiet owners. I wouldn’t (Personally) take online forum posts as a “de facto” sample, we are a subset of a subset. While 100 could seem like a tremendous amount in a forum section/thread, heck even 1k, if a TV has hundreds of thousands of sets out there that fraction while seemingly “a lot” is just a small fraction of actual ownership. I’m not sure I’d go to the extreme of “not be in business”. Electronics have moved more and more to disposable items, many being replaced well before their time is up.
I get it. And I agree it's probably a small minority of owners.

But by that same logic, you'd think if it's a small number then it wouldn't be too much of a burden for the companies to fix those sets.

Sorry to say but I guess it needs to be up to the government to step in to stop expensive TVs from becoming landfill before a reasonable time.

I just feel sorry for the people who were unlucky enough to have a prematurely failed unit with no warranty after 1 year. That is unacceptable to me and I'm happy that wouldn't happen here in Australia (or the UK it seems).

Having said that, my C7 is the best TV I've ever owned and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. The picture quality is amazing.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.

Last edited by noobtv; 10-14-2019 at 05:52 PM.
noobtv is online now  
post #36399 of 36561 Old 10-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Member
 
thedudexxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Did you happen to use a credit card that adds an extended warranty for free? for 1-2 years extra?
That's a bloody brilliant idea. I bought it with a Citi Double Cash card. I looked up their policy. It looks like they offer a 24 month extended warranty.. I'm not really expecting much.. But, it'd sure be nice if they cover the busted TV. Thanks for the idea!!
thedudexxi is offline  
post #36400 of 36561 Old 10-15-2019, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,762
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6781 Post(s)
Liked: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudexxi View Post
That's a bloody brilliant idea. I bought it with a Citi Double Cash card. I looked up their policy. It looks like they offer a 24 month extended warranty.. I'm not really expecting much.. But, it'd sure be nice if they cover the busted TV. Thanks for the idea!!
Well I have used this before, you will be getting a check odds are
thedudexxi likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #36401 of 36561 Old 10-16-2019, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 14,546
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 2113
Thread cleanup. Political posts removed. Please stick to technical discussions.
Ph8te, maveric23 and gambler52 like this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
teachsac is offline  
post #36402 of 36561 Old 10-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Question B7 "refresh notice"

After watching the Democratic Debates and switching to watch the last five innings of the Washington Nationals sweep the Cardinals I saw a message as I was shutting down the TV. It said that the TV was going to go thru a refresh of pixels and the set had to be left off.
Is this normal-never saw this in the past two years?
Purdue Boiler is offline  
post #36403 of 36561 Old 10-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Member
 
Bill Misencik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Boiler View Post
After watching the Democratic Debates and switching to watch the last five innings of the Washington Nationals sweep the Cardinals I saw a message as I was shutting down the TV. It said that the TV was going to go thru a refresh of pixels and the set had to be left off.
Is this normal-never saw this in the past two years?
Yes, that is the major pixel refresh after a set time interval. A few people have had issues after it has run, but the odds are it will all be good. Boiler Up.
Bill Misencik is offline  
post #36404 of 36561 Old 10-16-2019, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,265
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4964 Post(s)
Liked: 4455
I passed the 2000 hour mark earlier tonight and the long-run Pixel Refresher ran for the first time...did its thing for 1 hour...turned the TV back on and no issues...
lax01 and sonoftumble like this.
TitusTroy is online now  
post #36405 of 36561 Old 10-17-2019, 06:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Thumbs up No issues

Turned the set on yesterday and it looked the same as always-super picture. Thank you for the information in your post.
Purdue Boiler is offline  
post #36406 of 36561 Old 10-17-2019, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
PannyMann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I have a 65B7A with 4500 hours on it. About 6 months ago it would intermittently power itself down and immediately back up again. I called LG and they went through the power down, hit the power button routine along with (remotely) checking all the settings to make sure no timers were set. About two weeks later, it did it again and has been doing it occasionally sometimes several times a day, sometimes once every two weeks. So, since my extended warranty runs out next month, I called in again the other day and the support individual recognised the issue right away as a bad board and referred me over to the warranty dept. They assigned me to a "local" repair shop (it's in Brooklyn, I'm in Jersey). I told them about my other issue as well which is a very annoying message I keep getting on the upper right corner of the screen that says "Unknown device disconnected". The tech said that he's seeing both of these problems with LGs (didn't specify which models) and that the latter problem is a bad ribbon cable.

I'm looking forward to them applying the fixes once the parts come in and I can feel comfy allowing the LG extended warranty to expire and then depend on my additional 1 year coverage added by my credit card.

I hope this helps anyone who may be having these or similar problems.

I think, therefore I am single.
PannyMann is offline  
post #36407 of 36561 Old 10-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 68
My 65B7A is at 2700 hours and no 2000 hour pixel refresh message. Is that common? I also have a 55 in my bedroom that ran through it immediately after I hit 2000 hours.

Also, does anyone know if the screensaver mode counts towards screen time on?
Bumrush is offline  
post #36408 of 36561 Old 10-19-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gomo657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Boiler View Post
Turned the set on yesterday and it looked the same as always-super picture. Thank you for the information in your post.


Mine just ran last night I checked 5% and 10% as well as full screen red absolutely perfect this is my bedroom 55b7a



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
gomo657 is online now  
post #36409 of 36561 Old 10-19-2019, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
My 65B7A is at 2700 hours and no 2000 hour pixel refresh message. Is that common? I also have a 55 in my bedroom that ran through it immediately after I hit 2000 hours.

Also, does anyone know if the screensaver mode counts towards screen time on?
My 2016 model ran the program right at the 2000 hour mark. Let me know it was going to run next time I turned it off...and let me know the next day that i was completed. Maybe you ran it manually at some point?

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
Kenbar is online now  
post #36410 of 36561 Old 10-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
My 65B7A is at 2700 hours and no 2000 hour pixel refresh message. Is that common? I also have a 55 in my bedroom that ran through it immediately after I hit 2000 hours.

Also, does anyone know if the screensaver mode counts towards screen time on?
I turned off QuickStart and I don’t get any refresh messages plus I’m pretty sure it doesn’t do the 4hr one either. I’m at 6000+ hrs. I just run the manual pixel refresher every 3- 4 months. I don’t get it on my 55c7 or my 65 b7a.
yogi6807 is online now  
post #36411 of 36561 Old 10-20-2019, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
rego00123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
My 65B7A is at 2700 hours and no 2000 hour pixel refresh message. Is that common? I also have a 55 in my bedroom that ran through it immediately after I hit 2000 hours.

Also, does anyone know if the screensaver mode counts towards screen time on?
Anytime the screen is displaying anything it counts as “on time”.
I never received a message from one of these TVs at 2000 hours if I had already run a manual. A manual resets the clock on when the next is to auto run.
rego00123 is online now  
post #36412 of 36561 Old 10-20-2019, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Oakville, Canada
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
I have a 65B7A with 4500 hours on it. About 6 months ago it would intermittently power itself down and immediately back up again. I called LG and they went through the power down, hit the power button routine along with (remotely) checking all the settings to make sure no timers were set. About two weeks later, it did it again and has been doing it occasionally sometimes several times a day, sometimes once every two weeks. So, since my extended warranty runs out next month, I called in again the other day and the support individual recognised the issue right away as a bad board and referred me over to the warranty dept. They assigned me to a "local" repair shop (it's in Brooklyn, I'm in Jersey). I told them about my other issue as well which is a very annoying message I keep getting on the upper right corner of the screen that says "Unknown device disconnected". The tech said that he's seeing both of these problems with LGs (didn't specify which models) and that the latter problem is a bad ribbon cable.

I'm looking forward to them applying the fixes once the parts come in and I can feel comfy allowing the LG extended warranty to expire and then depend on my additional 1 year coverage added by my credit card.

I hope this helps anyone who may be having these or similar problems.
PannyMann, I had both those issues on my set. The "Unknown device disconnected" issue, and related loss of magic remote cursor, is a one of the common issues seen on this set and is usually due to an issue with the network card. When the technician came to my place he actually replaced the network card and the motherboard (just to be safe he said) and everything has been great since.

For the shutdown issue, also make sure no connected devices are sending a shutdown signal over CEC. I had the same issue which was due to my nVidia Shield turning off which would trigger my TV to turn off. Once I adjusted the settings in the Shield the issue went away.
Cipher is offline  
post #36413 of 36561 Old 10-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Member
 
waleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi everyone
I have OLED65B7V connected with AV receiver from Denon AVR-X4300H I am facing issue with ARC I'm using the latest HDMI fiberoptic it used to be working but since last week stopped I have read and I tried all the manual for the AV and the TV none of them is working .
I was using it with the Netflix if anyone faceing in the same issue please help me out thank you all.
waleed is offline  
post #36414 of 36561 Old 10-21-2019, 02:51 PM
Member
 
waleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry I forget to add this picture usually it shows how many speaker is on but when I put it on TV mode it shows that there is no speaker is on.
thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15716909199597607132740556504632_1571690961602.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	2630400  
waleed is offline  
post #36415 of 36561 Old 10-21-2019, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
noobtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleed View Post
Hi everyone
I have OLED65B7V connected with AV receiver from Denon AVR-X4300H I am facing issue with ARC I'm using the latest HDMI fiberoptic it used to be working but since last week stopped I have read and I tried all the manual for the AV and the TV none of them is working .
I was using it with the Netflix if anyone faceing in the same issue please help me out thank you all.
Power off and fully unplug the TV for 10 seconds. I've read about people having that issue way back in this thread.
waleed likes this.

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.
noobtv is online now  
post #36416 of 36561 Old 10-21-2019, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsonnens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,558
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 528
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
Power off and fully unplug the TV for 10 seconds. I've read about people having that issue way back in this thread.


I recently had a similar issue but it ended up being caused by another HDMI device plugged in to my AVR! So if you’ve plugged in anything new I’d try unplugging that device too.

For the month it took my to realize that was my problem I used an optical connection. It was when I updated the firmware on my other device (a raspberry pi 4) and noticed that magically the ARC rather than optical connector was feeding my AVR did I realize that was the cause of my issue.
rsonnens is online now  
post #36417 of 36561 Old 10-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Member
 
MrQuade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleed View Post
Hi everyone
I have OLED65B7V connected with AV receiver from Denon AVR-X4300H I am facing issue with ARC I'm using the latest HDMI fiberoptic it used to be working but since last week stopped I have read and I tried all the manual for the AV and the TV none of them is working .
I was using it with the Netflix if anyone faceing in the same issue please help me out thank you all.
As the others have said, ARC is an unreliable PoS, and the only reason I persist with it is because of the marginally better audio format support from internal apps, as opposed a regular optical connection.

I find that sometimes all I need to do is switch the TV to use its internal speakers, then switch back to optical/ARC. But other times it is unbelievably stubborn, and takes several unplugs of the HDMI2 cable for the TV and receiver to properly handshake and resume the ARC connection. This is not ideal as it means needing to reach in behind awkwardly placed gear, and will also eventually wear out the cable and ports on my gear!

I have heard of other techniques for powering down and then powering up in the right order, or other livestock sacrificing rituals. Frankly, anything is likely to work, it is that random.
MrQuade is offline  
post #36418 of 36561 Old 10-21-2019, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Skytrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baden, Pa.
Posts: 1,271
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 393
^
Changing inputs back and forth on the LG with the remote fixes my ARC audio woes. Now I got another problem. I got a channel logo burnt into the lower right section. It’s a channel I only watch a few hours a day. My settings aren’t set bright. I was always careful about burn in. Never thought it would happen to me.

TV - LG 65B7P OLED / Receiver - Yamaha RX-A1040 7.2 / Blu Ray - Oppo BDP-83 / Turntable - Technics SL-3300 / Cable Box - Comcast X1 V4 4K /L & R Paradigm Studio 20 V3
Center - Paradigm CC-470 V3 / 4 Surrounds - Paradigm SA-15 V3 In Walls
Subwoofer 1 - Sunfire HRS-12 / Subwoofer 2 - Paradigm PW-2100
Skytrooper is offline  
post #36419 of 36561 Old 10-23-2019, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Tapidlittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Is there any way to show the actual refresh rate input signal on my B7 ?

I have information upper left corner like the resolution, etc.... but refresh rate is missing.

Also when I set my PC to 1080p 120hz, the whites are completely crushed.

thank you.

p.s do I need to set my input as PC or it doesn't matter?
Tapidlittle is offline  
post #36420 of 36561 Old 10-23-2019, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapidlittle View Post
Is there any way to show the actual refresh rate input signal on my B7 ?

I have information upper left corner like the resolution, etc.... but refresh rate is missing.

Also when I set my PC to 1080p 120hz, the whites are completely crushed.

thank you.

p.s do I need to set my input as PC or it doesn't matter?
Scroll down about 2/3 of the page to "inputs" for 120 Hz. tips. https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c7-oled
cathodeRay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off