2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 283 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980367Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8461 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 View Post
I wonder if the 2017's can be firmware upgraded to Enhanced Arc and if at the point, coupled with other eARC devices, the lip sync issues will be fixed.

For those not aware of eARC https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...dmi-next-level
From page 2 of that same link:

"S&V: Will HDMI 2.0/a/b products be upgradeable to some or all aspects of 2.1 via a firmware upgrade?

CP: That is up to the individual manufacturers. They would have to plan for upgradability by designing and building it into their products. For some features it may be difficult and the best path will be to incorporate HDMI 2.1-enabled silicon.
Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/taking-hdmi-next-level-page-2#gc8q4JyfkJMaVdI2.99"

I guess it will really depend from manufacturer to manufacturer. eARC seems like one of the easier features to add via firmware update but probably depends on the chipset used since it will require extra bandwidth (Unless the restrict it to content capable of using 1.4esque bandwidth).

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
sikclown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8462 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have attached a small sample video file that cannot be played by my C7P although other similar files (codec and resolution wise, mkv container, checked with ffmpeg) can be played just fine. I have tried with the previous (03.60.09) and most recent (03.60.15) firmware - same results.

The file is just a 1 second, all-black 4k x265 video.

Can anyone confirm that the video file cannot be played on their TV as well ? (just put the file on a usb drive and play it with the built-in player, it should say that the file is not recognized)

Does anyone know of a way to contact LG developers so they can take a look at it ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample.zip (793.7 KB, 22 views)
JLGW is offline  
post #8463 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 06:29 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I should also add that the file can be played correctly on a computer (with VLC) and also passed the validation check of ffmpeg.
JLGW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8464 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
is there a way to make a shortcut for the audio source? I would like to switch between internal speakers and external speakers by only pressing a button or using Harmony for this.
enigma2k is offline  
post #8465 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Member
 
mattk69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 View Post
I am also running into a lip sync issue when using ARC to my Sony receiver for sound.. No matter what I do (-5 or bypass) it does not help. The TV is basically unwatchable
It's like the minus doesn't do anything on mine.
mattk69 is offline  
post #8466 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Member
 
mattk69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 View Post
I am also running into a lip sync issue when using ARC to my Sony receiver for sound.. No matter what I do (-5 or bypass) it does not help. The TV is basically unwatchable
It's like the minus doesn't do anything on mine.
mattk69 is offline  
post #8467 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I have a C7 and i am also having terrible lip-sync problems. I have a sonos playbase which only accepts sound via optical. If i set it up as sky Q direct to playbase via optical switch the sync is spot on in dolby digital 5.1 and this is how i have it for now. If i have the optical going from the tv direct to the playbase thats when i get terrible lip sync and happens when i have dolby digital on. when i set it to normal the lip-sync is ok again but i no longer get 5.1 and i only get stereo. This happens on all inputs and looks like anything playing out of optical cant be played in DD or i get horrendous lip sync. Rang up L.G and they say they are not aware of this problem, which is bull**** as this has been happening with the B7s for a while. Not sure what to believe anymore and dont think this will be sorted. I am thinking about sending the tv back, but i have a good screen and i love the picture. 2k is a lot of money to spend on a tv with sync problems. For now im using an optical switch.
fern010 is offline  
post #8468 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,389
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6585 Post(s)
Liked: 6584
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma2k View Post
when do you guys think will the 77" OLEDs become more affordable being in the $4000-$5000 range where the 65" started in?
At the rate we are at now, possibly never. To get closer to that price you quoted I would say 3-5 years.....
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #8469 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hawkmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,065
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgru View Post
HDR Game Mode looks right to me once Active HDR is enabled. It's as bright as Cinema. PC modes do look washed out, so the frustration/issue is really that you've got to go through the hassle of changing the input icon when you switch between SDR and HDR games.

You need to use PC mode to get proper color in SDR games because other SDR input labels lock the "Game" picture mode to wide gamut. This is stupid, especially when HDR Game let's you choose between auto and wide. PC label and ISF Dark gets the gamut right.

You need to use a non-PC label to get Active HDR in HDR Game. As I said, this looks right to me.

For what it's worth, HDR gaming is still in its infancy and there are problems with every manufacturer's approach. I think LG's got the best implementation at the moment. I tried KS8000, Q7F, 900E and Z9D before settling on the B7P. Samsung's firmware doesn't have a separate HDR Game profile, so you have to change tons of settings going between SDR and HDR, not just an input label. Huge pain. Sony has a similar issue with SDR and HDR profiles sharing settings for picture modes, although I'm told their major Android update improved the situation.
I just bought my set and still learning the workings of the TV. When I try a HDR game, I get the HDR logo in the upper corner. So what is different between that and "Active HDR"? When I am playing an HDR game how to I change it to HDR Active?

I mainly bought the set for gaming, so any help in getting the most out of the set is greatly appreciated.

-Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon is offline  
post #8470 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGW View Post
I have attached a small sample video file that cannot be played by my C7P although other similar files (codec and resolution wise, mkv container, checked with ffmpeg) can be played just fine. I have tried with the previous (03.60.09) and most recent (03.60.15) firmware - same results.

The file is just a 1 second, all-black 4k x265 video.

Can anyone confirm that the video file cannot be played on their TV as well ? (just put the file on a usb drive and play it with the built-in player, it should say that the file is not recognized)

Does anyone know of a way to contact LG developers so they can take a look at it ?
You may find other files that don't work. I have MKV's and MP4's of h.264 encoded material that play on literally every device in my house except my B7P. Even older TV's like an LG LW5500 and a Panasonic UT50 play the MP4's. I opened a ticket with LG about it, but I haven't put much effort into figuring out how/why WebOS is barfing on them since I've got three devices that play them connected to the TV.

Good luck!
urgru is offline  
post #8471 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
keyweez360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I'm having an image issue with my C7 or AVR, not sure which is causing it so I'm gonna ask here too in case any of you C7 owners have a Denon AVR with your C7.

Just got a Denon X1300W AVR - during setup, I noticed the on-screen images from the Denon were ever so slightly shaking/almost flickering. The online music app, bluetooth app, and Airplay app in the Denon all do the same thing. Incredibly bothersome to look at. I've found if I change the TV type to PAL in the AVR instead of NTSC, the issue goes away - of course this is not ideal I would think.

X1300W running firmware 3600-5946-8003 > Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cables > LG C7 running 03.60.09

To test, I plugged the X1300W into a cheap Insignia LCD instead of my C7 and found the issue was gone. Additionally, I checked my other Denon, an X1200W plugged into a 2 year old 4K Samsung LED and again, no issue - so it seems to just be my C7. I did notice that with both the Insignia and Samsung, the Denon was outputting video at 480i, where as my X1300W paired with the C7 results in an output of 480p. Could this be the culprit?
keyweez360 is offline  
post #8472 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Does anyone else have an issue when trying to turn the tv on. For example I press the on button on the controller and I hear a click but no on. Then press it again and it sounds like the sound when you turn off a light bulb and you hear a click but still no on and the red light remains red on the tv. Then the third time the tv finally turns on and turns on my receiver. Anyone else have this issue? It's almost like my tv is on the whole time doing something else while the screen is off. This happens after I go to bed and turn the tv on the following morning.
FromPlasma2LCD is offline  
post #8473 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Tapidlittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonnens View Post
Bluetooth will not work. Any with a USB dongle should be fine. I bought a Logitech 400something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just bought a mini keyboard (USB) TripSky H9 which works fine in the browser and in Netflix, but unfortunately in YouTube it won't work, any clues? I mean the letters are not working but the mouse function, the arrows works fine, that's weird!

Is it working with the Logitech in YouTube?
thanks.
Tapidlittle is offline  
post #8474 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fern010 View Post
I have a C7 and i am also having terrible lip-sync problems. I have a sonos playbase which only accepts sound via optical. If i set it up as sky Q direct to playbase via optical switch the sync is spot on in dolby digital 5.1 and this is how i have it for now. If i have the optical going from the tv direct to the playbase thats when i get terrible lip sync and happens when i have dolby digital on. when i set it to normal the lip-sync is ok again but i no longer get 5.1 and i only get stereo. This happens on all inputs and looks like anything playing out of optical cant be played in DD or i get horrendous lip sync. Rang up L.G and they say they are not aware of this problem, which is bull**** as this has been happening with the B7s for a while. Not sure what to believe anymore and dont think this will be sorted. I am thinking about sending the tv back, but i have a good screen and i love the picture. 2k is a lot of money to spend on a tv with sync problems. For now im using an optical switch.
I have the exact same issue as you describe above, but I only have the sync issues when DirecTV is the source. My apps (Netflix) don't have lip sync issues using optical out. Regardless, it makes the TV unwatchable. I wonder if this is only an issue on the B7 model?

When I called LG, they gave me the same line about never hearing of this issue. When I asked to speak with the person's supervisor, the sup said they had heard of similar issues. They said they would call me back to schedule an engineer to come out and look at the set, but that was last week and no one has contacted me yet. I only have a couple of days left in my return window, so I'm going to take the set back. Still deciding if I roll the dice on another LG (or get a C model if those don't have lip sync issues), or wave the white flag and get a Sony A1E. Very frustrating.
cgm55082 is offline  
post #8475 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigapp View Post
I don't have any lip sync issue from Netflix, Amazon, or vudu to my 4300h. I also don't have any issues with layer 3 TV, but I run that through the AVR first.

EDIT: I'm using HDMI monoprice certified premium cables.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hi bigapp, also no lip-sync issues with my B7 and X4300H. But I don't get Dolby Atmos to work via ARC. When I switch to TV speakers I get the Atmos logo in the upper right corner but not when I go via HDMI. Does it work for you?
Thx - Stephan
St3ph4n is offline  
post #8476 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Member
 
bigapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph4n View Post
Hi bigapp, also no lip-sync issues with my B7 and X4300H. But I don't get Dolby Atmos to work via ARC. When I switch to TV speakers I get the Atmos logo in the upper right corner but not when I go via HDMI. Does it work for you?
Thx - Stephan
Yes, but of course i could be mistaken. I'll double check it tomorrow when I get back in town.

LG 65" C7 OLED. Oppo 203. Denon 4300. Klipsch RP280af, 260f, 440c, 140AF. HSU 15-mk2. Layer 3 TV, Shield and a Blue Tick Healer
bigapp is offline  
post #8477 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 3155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm55082 View Post
I have the exact same issue as you describe above, but I only have the sync issues when DirecTV is the source. My apps (Netflix) don't have lip sync issues using optical out. Regardless, it makes the TV unwatchable. I wonder if this is only an issue on the B7 model?

When I called LG, they gave me the same line about never hearing of this issue. When I asked to speak with the person's supervisor, the sup said they had heard of similar issues. They said they would call me back to schedule an engineer to come out and look at the set, but that was last week and no one has contacted me yet. I only have a couple of days left in my return window, so I'm going to take the set back. Still deciding if I roll the dice on another LG (or get a C model if those don't have lip sync issues), or wave the white flag and get a Sony A1E. Very frustrating.
And I have a B7 using a DTV Genie client without any lip synch issues - passing through a Denon 5200 via HDMI into the LG. Dido for optical out to the Denon when using the apps. While I think LG has some responsibility, so do the others who make the equipment being used as part of the chain. I have a Samsung KS8000 in the bedroom that would not recognize the Genie client for that room when using HDMI - had to go with RVU. If that hadn't worked the DTV tech told me the only solution was to get a new display (I was outside my return window) - yea right. Makes me really excited for HDMI 2.1 if HDMI 2.0 and below is already so much fun.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
smurraybhm is offline  
post #8478 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hi. Do the B7 and C7 support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision? Best Buy and LG's website isn't very clear on that. Thanks!
lamazing is offline  
post #8479 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,358
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3003 Post(s)
Liked: 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamazing View Post
Hi. Do the B7 and C7 support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision? Best Buy and LG's website isn't very clear on that. Thanks!
They most certainly do.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #8480 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
And I have a B7 using a DTV Genie client without any lip synch issues - passing through a Denon 5200 via HDMI into the LG. Dido for optical out to the Denon when using the apps. While I think LG has some responsibility, so do the others who make the equipment being used as part of the chain. I have a Samsung KS8000 in the bedroom that would not recognize the Genie client for that room when using HDMI - had to go with RVU. If that hadn't worked the DTV tech told me the only solution was to get a new display (I was outside my return window) - yea right. Makes me really excited for HDMI 2.1 if HDMI 2.0 and below is already so much fun.
It's interesting how some of these TVs have the lip sync issue and others don't. In my case, it is absolutely the TV that is causing the issue and I believe LG is responsible. I've isolated it to the TV by replacing it in my setup with two other TVs and the audio was perfect. Additionally, if I take the audio directly from my DirecTV box into my sound bar, there are no issues. However, the second I run the audio through the TV, which is supposed to provide signal pass through only, the lip sync problem is back. And the sync issue is there whether using the internal or external speakers. It also doesn't matter if I set the audio to DD5.1 or PCM. So frustrating.
zAndy12 likes this.
cgm55082 is offline  
post #8481 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrady3324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 45
SAme. It's definitely the tv for me as well. I'm extremely close to pushing for a credit card refund unless LG addresses this. I've tried two different receivers. Same issue. If I play directly from my appletv or PS4 everything is in sync however those are dedicated to other rooms. I can't watch the tv as it is now.

LG 65OLEDC7P
Pioneer KRP-500m
Next Level Acoustics HDMONs LCR, CI-IC44A In-Ceilings, CI-HV10 subwoofer
M&K LCR-750s, M-4T Surrounds, V1250thx subwoofer - FOR SALE!
Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary
Sennheiser HD800 & Grado PS1000 headphones
jbrady3324 is offline  
post #8482 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hayden,Idaho
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lip Sinc ??

Help -- I am looking at buying a OLED B7 do they have lip Sinc problems ?? and do they have Dobly Atmos sound as the write up says ??

Thanks
George 2143 is offline  
post #8483 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey, I’ve been looking around trying to find a definitive list of what audio formats the C7 can pass through HDMI-ARC. I know lossless doesn’t work but I assume Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 both work? Can PCM do anything except 2.1 (the Nintendo Switch only outputs surround sound in PCM I believe)?
Zeyphersan is offline  
post #8484 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,424
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma2k View Post
when do you guys think will the 77" OLEDs become more affordable being in the $4000-$5000 range where the 65" started in?
I would be happy if they were in the $7000 range.

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is online now  
post #8485 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgru View Post
HDR Game Mode looks right to me once Active HDR is enabled. It's as bright as Cinema. PC modes do look washed out, so the frustration/issue is really that you've got to go through the hassle of changing the input icon when you switch between SDR and HDR games.

You need to use PC mode to get proper color in SDR games because other SDR input labels lock the "Game" picture mode to wide gamut. This is stupid, especially when HDR Game let's you choose between auto and wide. PC label and ISF Dark gets the gamut right.

You need to use a non-PC label to get Active HDR in HDR Game. As I said, this looks right to me.
I've got a C6 but thinking of exchanging it for the C7 hence my questions. The C6 doesn't have Active HDR. Is Active HDR the same as or related to Dynamic Contrast?

Also, why is it bad that "Game" picture mode + non-PC label locks it it into wide color gamut?

Do you know if the Game Console label allows for Chroma 4:4:4 or is it only the PC input?
jyeung80 is offline  
post #8486 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlooD View Post
They have a note under the input lag section.

"Update 08/14/2017: webOS update 3.6 fixed the PC mode HDR issue, so 4:4:4 color can now be properly displayed in HDR content. The 4:4:4 + HDR input lag has been measured as ~21 for both 4k and 1080p, which is no different from the other low input lag measurements."

Hope that helps
Thanks, I saw that but interpreted it to mean the 21ms is still for 4:4:4 + HDR in HDR Game mode. Have you seen input lag figures for other non-game HDR picture modes? Or have you tried it out yourself and noticed any difference to HDR Game mode?
jyeung80 is offline  
post #8487 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Member
 
MrFlooD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeung80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlooD View Post
They have a note under the input lag section.

"Update 08/14/2017: webOS update 3.6 fixed the PC mode HDR issue, so 4:4:4 color can now be properly displayed in HDR content. The 4:4:4 + HDR input lag has been measured as ~21 for both 4k and 1080p, which is no different from the other low input lag measurements."

Hope that helps
Thanks, I saw that but interpreted it to mean the 21ms is still for 4:4:4 + HDR in HDR Game mode. Have you seen input lag figures for other non-game HDR picture modes? Or have you tried it out yourself and noticed any difference to HDR Game mode?
I have been using HDR Cinema and Standard in PC mode and have not noticed increased lag vs game.

I would assume HDR would work the same as SDR in PC mode. So all picture modes should share the same low Lag.
MrFlooD is offline  
post #8488 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgru View Post
HDR Game Mode looks right to me once Active HDR is enabled. It's as bright as Cinema. PC modes do look washed out, so the frustration/issue is really that you've got to go through the hassle of changing the input icon when you switch between SDR and HDR games.

You need to use PC mode to get proper color in SDR games because other SDR input labels lock the "Game" picture mode to wide gamut. This is stupid, especially when HDR Game let's you choose between auto and wide. PC label and ISF Dark gets the gamut right.

You need to use a non-PC label to get Active HDR in HDR Game. As I said, this looks right to me.

For what it's worth, HDR gaming is still in its infancy and there are problems with every manufacturer's approach. I think LG's got the best implementation at the moment. I tried KS8000, Q7F, 900E and Z9D before settling on the B7P. Samsung's firmware doesn't have a separate HDR Game profile, so you have to change tons of settings going between SDR and HDR, not just an input label. Huge pain. Sony has a similar issue with SDR and HDR profiles sharing settings for picture modes, although I'm told their major Android update improved the situation.
I've been calibrating the LG C7 heavily the past week. What I learned is that the "Colour" setting controls the color gamut. The "Color Gamut" setting is just a preset of different "Colour" setting. As in: "AUTO" + "Colour" 65 = Extended Gamut + "Colour" 50. Or: "AUTO" + "Colour" 80 = "Wide Gamut" and "Colour" 50. It works backwards the same way: "Extanded Gamut" + "Colour" 35= AUTO + "Colour" 50, for example. So, if you can't access the "Color Gamut" setting you can just change the "Colour" to 75 or 80 to get the "Wide Gamut" option without accessing the "Color Gamut" setting. The AUTO, Extended Gamut and Wide Gamut is just a number of predefined "Colour" settings.
The TV can actually be hardware calibrated precisely to the sRGB gamut using the combination of the "Colour" settings and secondary colors in the "Color Management System" even without creating a color profile. You need a calibrator device and Argyll DisplayCal software for that. Or any other software that allows the calibration of the secondary colors. I have calibrated it to match 97.8% of the sRGB color gamut and cover 99% of it. It took days literally, but now I don't even need to create a profile for it on my PC, the colors are nearly perfect, Eizo level. The screen was factory calibrated to match the sRGB colors really, really well. You just need to correct the Gamut a bit, and the color reproduction becomes perfect running the default Windows color profile.
Justin Fletcher likes this.
Pmme is offline  
post #8489 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsonnens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,507
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapidlittle View Post
I just bought a mini keyboard (USB) TripSky H9 which works fine in the browser and in Netflix, but unfortunately in YouTube it won't work, any clues? I mean the letters are not working but the mouse function, the arrows works fine, that's weird!

Is it working with the Logitech in YouTube?
thanks.


Sadly not all the apps support the keyboard and not all in the same way.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rsonnens is online now  
post #8490 of 36288 Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsonnens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,507
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 505
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph4n View Post
Hi bigapp, also no lip-sync issues with my B7 and X4300H. But I don't get Dolby Atmos to work via ARC. When I switch to TV speakers I get the Atmos logo in the upper right corner but not when I go via HDMI. Does it work for you?
Thx - Stephan


You'll only see atmos on the Denon if you have all the atmos required speakers connect to your Denon. If you have say a 5.1 setup you cannot get Atmos.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rsonnens is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off