AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   OLED Technology and Flat Panels General (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/)
-   -   2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2784185-2017-lg-c7-b7-owners-thread-no-price-talk.html)

Wjboshart 03-16-2017 05:12 PM

I'll be joining this thread relatively soon. Robert from ve said mine shipped out today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Nice 03-16-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob539 (Post 51523385)
I also wanted to give DNice a bump on if his initial impressions were still holding true.

Sorry guys. I took a pause from the C7 evaluation to allow the panel to age a bit..... with break-in slides :) Aging is definitely needed and the end results are extremely impressive. It is better than the B6 and any of the 2016 LGs. I'll be back in evaluation mode tomorrow.

Jimmy6166 03-16-2017 08:01 PM

Hmmm..

I spoke to what sounded like a confused LG customer service representative who stated that it was normal for the screen to be tilted on the C7 2017 model.

I'm still questioning the validity of his statement.

Hopefully other owners will be able to confirm.

VidPro 03-16-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51566393)
Sorry guys. I took a pause from the C7 evaluation to allow the panel to age a bit..... with break-in slides :) Aging is definitely needed and the end results are extremely impressive. It is better than the B6 and any of the 2016 LGs. I'll be back in evaluation mode tomorrow.

D-Nice, I'm interested in breaking in with slides as well. Will you be posting settings for the break-in period?

Thanks!

D-Nice 03-16-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VidPro (Post 51568313)
D-Nice, I'm interested in breaking in with slides as well. Will you be posting settings for the break-in period?

Thanks!

Just throw it in Vivid mode and set the slide speed to fast.

Wizziwig 03-16-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51568585)
Just throw it in Vivid mode and set the slide speed to fast.

In what areas have you seen or are expecting improvement by running the slides?

Are you running them non-stop or shutting down every 4 hours to allow the set to run the automatic wear compensation?

video_analysis 03-16-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51568585)
Just throw it in Vivid mode and set the slide speed to fast.

Like the good ole' days. I'm at 200 hours on a G6, but that's still not going to stop me from trying this method for the next 50 hours or so. The Vakmeister apparently goes this route on all of his OLEDs. I expect it's mostly a placebo, but his G6 looks damn nice, so what the hey.

fatallerror 03-17-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy6166 (Post 51563641)

I'm hoping the tilt isn't normal, as it's irritating and noticeable from my seated position. Time will tell once other owners get their set. I'm not sure whether I should call LG to ask about the tilt..

No need to wait, just look at the product picture, you have a faulty stand/mount

http://www.lg.com/us/images/tvs/md05...y/medium04.jpg

VidPro 03-17-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by video_analysis (Post 51570329)
Like the good ole' days.

Yeah did it to my 500M and 101 back then according to D-Nice's settings.

VidPro 03-17-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51568585)
Just throw it in Vivid mode and set the slide speed to fast.

Thank you and look forward to hearing your update on your C7.

adamadamadam 03-17-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51566393)
Sorry guys. I took a pause from the C7 evaluation to allow the panel to age a bit..... with break-in slides :) Aging is definitely needed and the end results are extremely impressive. It is better than the B6 and any of the 2016 LGs. I'll be back in evaluation mode tomorrow.

Great work dude. I'd love to hear what you think of the motion btw. How much of the 2016 judder is still there? And any close up pix of the bezel would be appreciated.

Gillietalls 03-17-2017 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51566393)
Sorry guys. I took a pause from the C7 evaluation to allow the panel to age a bit..... with break-in slides :) Aging is definitely needed and the end results are extremely impressive. It is better than the B6 and any of the 2016 LGs. I'll be back in evaluation mode tomorrow.

Damn it! I was all set on getting another E6 for the 3D, but if this C7 is better than all the '16 models, I may just have to get a C7 instead...

D-Nice 03-17-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizziwig (Post 51570297)
In what areas have you seen or are expecting improvement by running the slides?

Nothing has changed over the last 10+ years I've been recommending using full field color slides to evenly age each sub pixel. Specific to the OLED, reduced low end noise, reduced low end banding, improved screen uniformity. I also ran the panel/pixel compensation every 24-36 hours the last week.

Quote:

Are you running them non-stop or shutting down every 4 hours to allow the set to run the automatic wear compensation?
Nonstop except for the pixel/panel compensation runs.

D-Nice 03-17-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamadamadam (Post 51570697)
Great work dude. I'd love to hear what you think of the motion btw. How much of the 2016 judder is still there? And any close up pix of the bezel would be appreciated.

Judder from the TrueMotion feature?

Creator44 03-17-2017 09:13 AM

D-Nice, this is interesting, I did try the slides on my E6 last year to no avail but I wasn't at vivid max brightness mode.

Can you say which slides do you use exactly? Is it red,green,blue,magenta,yellow,cyan,black and white?

Also the method is to put them on usb stick and start a full screen slideshow at speed = fast?

Thanks!

Invincible11111 03-17-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51577049)
Nothing has changed over the last 10+ years I've been recommending using full field color slides to evenly age each sub pixel. Specific to the OLED, reduced low end noise, reduced low end banding, improved screen uniformity. I also ran the panel/pixel compensation every 24-36 hours the last week.


Nonstop except for the pixel/panel compensation runs.

Have you watched any blu-rays or anything like that yet? Or anything in HDR on Youtube?

Gillietalls 03-17-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator44 (Post 51577569)
D-Nice, this is interesting, I did try the slides on my E6 last year to no avail but I wasn't at vivid max brightness mode.

Can you say which slides do you use exactly? Is it red,green,blue,magenta,yellow,cyan,black and white?

Also the method is to put them on usb stick and start a full screen slideshow at speed = fast?

Thanks!

Good questions. And where do we find full screen slides? I have some slides but they don't take up the entire screen on my OLEDs.

adamadamadam 03-17-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51577137)
Judder from the TrueMotion feature?

With truemotion on and off I guess.Overview compared to 2016

zielin 03-17-2017 09:59 AM

I just got my C7 :)
I'm replacing the 55EF9500 in the bedroom. I'm really worried that it will better than my 65" G6... ie, i don't want to buy another TV :) haha

https://mail.eclaro.com/wow/WP_20170...52_40_Rich.jpg

alettiere 03-17-2017 09:59 AM

http://www.hometheatershack.com/break_in_images.zip


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VidPro 03-17-2017 10:58 AM

My C7 won't show up today. Wasted a day off from work and now have to take another Monday. Anybody waiting for YRC to deliver, good luck in trying to figure out when and how.

I need to take a break and hit my favorite watering hole soon to relax.

fafrd 03-17-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Nice (Post 51577049)
Nothing has changed over the last 10+ years I've been recommending using full field color slides to evenly age each sub pixel. Specific to the OLED, reduced low end noise, reduced low end banding, improved screen uniformity. I also ran the panel/pixel compensation every 24-36 hours the last week.


Nonstop except for the pixel/panel compensation runs.

Have you tried these techniques on a 2016 OLED? If so, did you see any improvement in near-black screen uniformity?

Compensation cycles alone seem to deliver some improvement from out-of-the-box near-black nonuniformity, so I'm specifically asking about what the 'aging/break-in' procedure delivers beyond that...

Invincible11111 03-17-2017 12:05 PM

What remote do you get with this TV? Is it just the same plain black as last year?

Cleveland Plasma 03-17-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillietalls (Post 51571553)
Damn it! I was all set on getting another E6 for the 3D, but if this C7 is better than all the '16 models, I may just have to get a C7 instead...

You have to wait to see how "much" better it is before you decide if it is worth the added cost and loosing 3D?

tigertim 03-17-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alettiere (Post 51578769)
http://www.hometheatershack.com/break_in_images.zip


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many hours are you supposed to run theese slides ?

adamadamadam 03-17-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma (Post 51582281)
You have to wait to see how "much" better it is before you decide if it is worth the added cost and loosing 3D?

It also depends how much 3D you would plan to watch, which depends on what kind of things you like.

zielin 03-17-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invincible11111 (Post 51582137)
What remote do you get with this TV? Is it just the same plain black as last year?

It is there same one as the last few years. There is a new amazon and Netflix button, but other than that it is the same.

zielin 03-17-2017 01:50 PM

Lag testing LG OLED 2017
 
Lag Testing:

LG OLED55C7P (building date feb 2017)

using Leo Bodnar Video Signal Input Lag Tester ( http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/?main_...roducts_id=212 )

Results:
Game mode: 21.2ms (tested on middle bar)
ISF preset (With true-motion off): 46.2ms (tested on the middle bar)

There is no HDR game mode.. which is odd. Maybe there is some magic that it knows it is game HDR if it was on game mode before?
I could never get my LoeBonar lag tester with work with HDR. (Not on a G6, ef9500 or this C7)

video_analysis 03-17-2017 01:55 PM

^I'm sure there are firmware updates coming.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillietalls (Post 51578409)
Good questions. And where do we find full screen slides? I have some slides but they don't take up the entire screen on my OLEDs.

If you have an upscaling UHD player with a USB input, that can be a workaround.

fatallerror 03-17-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zielin (Post 51584921)
Lag Testing:

LG 55C7P (building date feb 2017)

using leobodnar lag tester
Game mode: 21.2 MS (tested on middle bar)
ISF preset (With true-motion off): 46.2 (tested on the middle bar)

There is no HDR game mode.. which is odd. Maybe there is some magic that it knows it is game HDR if it was on game mode before?
I could never get my LoeBonar lag tester with work with HDR. (Not on a G6, ef9500 or this C7)

Would you please measure with 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 (PC input+ Game mode)? don't forget to enable deep color of course , thank you

You need to send HDR metadata to see the HDR game mode on the list to select.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.