2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 429 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980220Likes

post #12841 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Lol! I've still got a VCR (probably one of the last models Sony ever made!) Just so I can play my old Non-Special Edition Star Wars Tapes (which I've some how managed to misplace! GRRRrrrrrrrrr) Where's a Jedi to Conjur up my lost Data Tapes when I need them? (and this is where I go on a nice rant about how they need to finally release a 4k Original Theatrical version of Star Wars just so I can get over my lost VHS tapes....) hahaha
ataneruo and BlueChris like this.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
"Serenity Now!!! Insanity later."

-HarBlar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12842 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarBlar View Post
Lol! I've still got a VCR (probably one of the last models Sony ever made!) Just so I can play my old Non-Special Edition Star Wars Tapes (which I've some how managed to misplace! GRRRrrrrrrrrr)
Pbbt. I've got my Panasonic LX-900 in the garage, and I know where my Star Wars LDs are...
HarBlar likes this.
post #12843 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2899 Post(s)
Liked: 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
^^^^

thank you: that is what the AVS community is all about

my C7 arrived this morning at 6am: it was in a huge overpack box: I think I may have to leave work early so I can go home and install it
The set is sure worth getting off work early! Get the popcorn out and enjoy😁😁😁
markrubin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12844 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2899 Post(s)
Liked: 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I wish my camera was that good! I like the mix of green and blue. Shows some good color balance.

As far as BT.1886 goes, it tracks fairly close to 2.4, and is really good with limiting color delta errors in the lower luminance ranges. For best results, the viewing environment needs to be pitch black.

I'm going to try it out tonight!
I'm willing to bet you will like that gamma setting😊
sonoftumble likes this.
post #12845 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Lol! I've still got a VCR (probably one of the last models Sony ever made!) Just so I can play my old Non-Special Edition Star Wars Tapes (which I've some how managed to misplace! GRRRrrrrrrrrr) Where's a Jedi to Conjur up my lost Data Tapes when I need them? (and this is where I go on a nice rant about how they need to finally release a 4k Original Theatrical version of Star Wars just so I can get over my lost VHS tapes....) hahaha

Hahaha I have mine too! Got them as a gift when I was a teenager and at some point along the way realized what a treasure I had thanks to GL’s shenanigans...ironically I no longer have a VHS player ;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #12846 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Looking for help, could someone please tell me what setting affects the input response time in game mode? I like the look of isf darkroom but dont like the input lag i get while gaming. Is there a way to get the look of isf darkroom with the response time of the game mode? Thanks for the help...
post #12847 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataneruo View Post
Hahaha I have mine too! Got them as a gift when I was a teenager and at some point along the way realized what a treasure I had thanks to GL’s shenanigans...ironically I no longer have a VHS player ;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General, count me in! My "THX" VHS Trilogy is collecting dust in the attic and I no longer have a VCR hooked up although I think I have one somewhere. At one point they did release an original theatrical version of trilogy on dvd but it was letterboxed and not very good quality but still better than VHS. Even better this guy Harmy essentially re-created HD versions of the unaltered trilogy that are about the best you can get. Not sure if they are still available for download.

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/id/12713/
ataneruo likes this.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #12848 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dae3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
LG OLED 65? C7 Calibration ( OLED65C7P ) FW: 04.70.07 - REV. 2 - NOV 4 17

Rev. 2

SDR Settings
SDR Picture Mode: ?ISF Expert (Dark Room)? Picture Mode
Energy Saving: Off

BASIC SETTINGS:
OLED LIGHT: 48
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
H Sharpness: 0
V Sharpness: 0
Color: 44
Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROLS
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Edge Enhancer: On ( LG calibration guide recommended setting )
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.2

WHITE BALANCE
Color Temperature: Warm2
Method: 2 Points
High - R: -3, G: -2, B: -4
Low - R: -3, G: -3, B: -1

Method: 20 Points
100 IRE, TARGET LUM; 160, R: -9, G: 0, B: 0

COLOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
RED - Sat: 6, Tint: 5, Lum: 0
GREEN - Sat: 4, Tint: -2, Lum: 3
BLUE - Sat: 4, Tint: 9, Lum: 6
CYAN - Sat: 3, Tint: 6, Lum: 3
MAGENTA - Sat: 3, Tint: 6, Lum: -2
YELLOW - Sat: 4, Tint: -5, Lum: 2

PICTURE OPTIONS
Noise Reduction : Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On ( Default - greyed out )
Motion Eye Care: Off
TrueMotion: Off

Enjoy. Feedback is welcome.
Thank you, this looks good!

The only change I made is to use gamma BT.1886 instead of 2.2, as it looks much nicer [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.avsforum.com//forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Is sdr content anything but 4k i mean does 1080p movie called sdr content plus dont you think that gamma 1886 wash black or even get some details off the screen
markrubin likes this.
post #12849 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 2687 Post(s)
Liked: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
I'm willing to bet you will like that gamma setting😊
Yep. I think you are right about that. I found out a little more about it from my calibration guru. He's teaching a calibration class today, so the answer was somewhat brief. I'm definitely down!!

"Gamma/EOTF is finally defined for SDR at BT1886...until now its's been kinda up to the calibrator based on room lighting.

BT1886 is close to 2.4. Use it for reference rooms (100% light control, DARK, and the client sits in the proper seating position."

Cool!

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #12850 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Magdy View Post
Is sdr content anything but 4k i mean does 1080p movie called sdr content plus dont you think that gamma 1886 wash black or even get some details off the screen
Yes. Most likely a 1080P movie will be SDR, as I doubt there will be any HDR metadata imbedded within the data stream. It's possible but not likely. My calibration guru said this about BT.1886:

"Gamma/EOTF is finally defined for SDR at BT1886...until now its's been kinda up to the calibrator based on room lighting. BT1886 is close to 2.4. Use it for reference rooms (100% light control, DARK, and the client sits in the proper seating position."

That's why you are seeing some loss of detail. The room has to be very very dark.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #12851 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet396 View Post
Doing this causes the movie (John Wick) to freeze. I could continue to hear audio, but the image would remain on the first frame.
If I skipped chapters, I would see the first frame or two of that chapter, then it would freeze while the movie audio would continue playing.

Switching to 2.0 Dolby Digital audio caused the movie to play normally.
I was able to output sound through ARC to my receiver with this setup, though Xbox 1X (out to HDMI 1 on LG) > LG B7 (out to HDMI 2 ARC) > Marantz 6010.
I did not check the signal info to see what it was sending through, though.

I do not have Atmos speakers hooked up, so my Marantz defaults to the TrueHD core track whenever Atmos is selected.
Thank you very much Velvet, that's what i needed to know because the Exact same thing happened to me with the xbox one S connected straight to TV on 4.70.06, exactly how you described but even with dolby digital, DTS and stereo uncompressed, the xbox one S couldn't play regular nor 4k uhd bluray movies and acted the same way. I thought that maybe things could work better with the xbox one X and that way i could upgrade back to the 4.70.06 on the new TV since i exchanged my 65E7 with a new one because of the stupid 4.70.06 firmware. When i couldn't downgrade, i just went ahead and got a new 65E7 that is still on 3.60.20 firmware. Now i know i won't be updating the LG firmware anytime soon with xbox one X either, that is until they come up with a new firmware fix.
One more thing, do you have the Oppo-203 by any chance?
post #12852 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
You should make your avatar a flashing blue LED 12:00
mikek, HarBlar and ataneruo like this.
post #12853 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tppytel View Post
Correct.

Good question. That's an ongoing discussion and untangling of vocabulary. What you describe is what's (IMO) the classical and correct definition of judder - a frame rate mismatch which is typically seen in telecined film content. But what people usually intend by "judder" in the context of OLED's is different, and it's related to the nature of OLED tech. You can get a C7 to display 24fps just fine, either by feeding it true 24fps content or by letting the TrueCinema feature detelecine 30fps content automatically. The set simply displays each original 24fps frame for 5 ticks of the native 120 Hz clock. There's no mismatch or telecining going on. The problem is that true 24fps display, combined with OLED's sample and hold technology, true blacks, fast response time, and the way our eyeballs work isn't always great to look at. Take that troublesome slow horizontal pan across a landscape with a lone tree. The set accurately displays the tree in one spot for 5/120th's of a second, then at the next spot for 5/120th's of a second, and so on. Now eyeballs vary, but what I and lots of others see is a weird strobing effect where the tree seems to be flickering between two positions. That's caused by the sample-and-hold technology - the tree is actually displayed in one position right up to the moment where it's displayed in the next one. But due to the visual persistence of images in our brains I see both the previous image and the current image at once, creating a flickering effect. True film avoids this problem because the shutter closes before the frame switches, creating a brief black frame. And LCD's actually look better in this case because the pixels showing the initial position usually take a little longer to fade (slower response time) and there's a bit of light bleed between pixels anyway, creating a mild blurring effect in motion that masks the flickering. The OLED display is so accurate that it actually looks worse to my brain. The DeJudder function helps because it interpolates frames so that the transition isn't so abrupt.

Again, people have varying sensitivity to this. I wish I could have eyeballs that didn't notice it, but I do. It's really obvious to me if I don't turn DeJudder up a few notches. On the other hand, some people seem to see this in almost any slow motion pan, whereas I only see it when there's a thin, isolated vertical object (tree, pole, etc.) against a contrasting background. So I'm glad I'm not one of those people. In most movies, I only see it once or twice and DeJudder 3-4 helps enough that I can live with it.
You pretty much nailed it.
post #12854 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisherbert View Post

Do you know of any particularly challenging scenes in well-known movies or 24fps TV shows that I could check? I hate to go looking for trouble but I'm curious about what this looks like.
The infamous opening scene to "Hell or High Water" is the most challenging scene I have ever come across. It was extensively studied in the 2016 Motion Settings thread.

While the movie is great the opening scene is brutal on OLED.

Last edited by mikek; 11-09-2017 at 03:27 PM.
post #12855 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsabrown View Post
You should make your avatar a flashing blue LED 12:00
LOL! Now that is damn funny, right there!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
"Serenity Now!!! Insanity later."

-HarBlar
post #12856 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avavii View Post
Hello everybody.

I just got me LG 65 B7D in Germany last week an am very happy with the panel in general. Since I got the Xbox One X running on it though I noticed that the left side of the screen has a clearly warmer tint to it than the right.

If I look at the screen from the right it is less noticable, but expecialy head on it is extremely annoying on white and grey uniform images. Like the white Xbox One Dashboard for example.

Should I return it? I can't unsee it, it is very annoying. Is there anything I can do to try to fix it?
Thanks,
Michael
Extremely common. There doesn't seem to be a fix, but some have said it dissipates over time. Mine isn't too bad so I can ignore it/get used to it.
post #12857 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 34
LG B7 - how do I know I am getting 4k or HDR feed ?

Hi all, just got a LG B7 OLED UHD tv ..

Q) I thought the TV was supposed to indicate (in top right corner) when a 4K stream - or DV / HDR stream - was sensed ? .. i.e. so you'd know what quality you were getting for that content ..

How does one prove that the content data feed is what it is supposed to be ?

Is there another way to prove to one's self that a 4K show is coming in as full 4k ?

ps - my last TV was a Panny plasma .. it had a STATUS button that would display the spec of the video stream .. i.e 720 or 1080 .. so I know easily what I was getting ..

thanks all
post #12858 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsavs View Post

Q) I thought the TV was supposed to indicate (in top right corner) when a 4K stream - or DV / HDR stream - was sensed ? .. i.e. so you'd know what quality you were getting for that content ..

Is there another way to prove to one's self that a 4K show is coming in as full 4k ?

ps - my last TV was a Panny plasma .. it had a STATUS button that would display the spec of the video stream .. i.e 720 or 1080 .. so I know easily what I was getting ..

thanks all
Q) does anyone have a SURE FIRE video link that is 100 % guaranteed to deliver 4k / DV / HDR ... ect ect ect ..

thanks.
post #12859 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso78 View Post
I am having problems getting my Xbox one x to control my oled55c7p. I tried having the console sending commands and also tried entering the model directly. Neither worked for me. Has anyone had this same issue? If so, do you mind sharing the remote code that worked for you?
Not an LG issue. XBOX does not support HDMI-CEC unfortunately. Been waiting years for them to implement this. See below.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...rt-to-xbox-one
post #12860 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Not an LG issue. XBOX does not support HDMI-CEC unfortunately. Been waiting years for them to implement this. See below.

That's not really my problem though. I just want my kinect's ir blaster to be able to turn on and off the TV. The Xbox can't seem to get the ir code right and entering the model number is not working either. My harmony 650 controls the TV just fine. I. Just want to be able to turn everything on and off with one Cortana command or button press.
post #12861 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
That's not really my problem though. I just want my kinect's ir blaster to be able to turn on and off the TV. The Xbox can't seem to get the ir code right and entering the model number is not working either. My harmony 650 controls the TV just fine. I. Just want to be able to turn everything on and off with one Cortana command or button press.
ah in that case sorry not sure. Usually the xbox can auto detect the remote codes otherwise you can go through and manually configure it via the wizard. If you have already done this then sorry im no help.
post #12862 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

I should add that I don't have any external boxes connected to any hdmi ports .. all my viewing will be just NETFLIX or YOUTUBE .. my netflix has been upgraded to UHD 4k a few days ago.

Quote:
Q) does anyone have a SURE FIRE video link that is 100 % guaranteed to deliver 4k / DV / HDR ... ect ect ect ..

thanks.
post #12863 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6395 Post(s)
Liked: 6393
post #12864 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

thanks all
If you click on the top left corner the incoming source info will be displayed. DV/HDR will appear in the top right corner when sensed (this is automatic and will disappear after a few seconds)
post #12865 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Randomely my TV’s netflix/amazon app is no longer doing audio correctly (via optical out) It seems i get surround but no center channel, its also not sending a DD signal.

Anyone else having this??

LG OLED B7A 65"
Philips BDP7501 UHD Blu Ray player
Apple TV4
Onkyo TX-SR606
Harmony Elite

Last edited by Eclipse01; 11-09-2017 at 06:30 PM.
post #12866 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Thanks for the link.

HT Configuration: 7.3.4 l Panasonic Plasma (65") l Denon X4300H l Polk LSiM 707s, 706c, FXi-30 l Infinity ERS-610 l SVS PB-2000 Subs (2x) l Monolith 7 l Behringer A500 (2x) l Oppo UDP-203 l MH mmf-9.3 l Cassette Deck.
"Never be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
post #12867 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
Looking for help, could someone please tell me what setting affects the input response time in game mode? I like the look of isf darkroom but dont like the input lag i get while gaming. Is there a way to get the look of isf darkroom with the response time of the game mode? Thanks for the help...
anyone???
post #12868 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobbb View Post
Hi SOT, mine should be here tomorrow. Just curious who was your vendor? Mine was/is First Class TV out of Hollywood FL, so far they have been great, and did send me a "real" invoice just in case I could price-match somewhere. :-)
My vendor is Value Electronics out of Scarsdale, NY. Until CEWeek took it over, they used to host the annual TV Shootout in NYC. Great group of people with excellent customer service.

I'm based in L.A., but they were able to arrange a direct pickup from LG's So. Cal. distribution center by a local delivery company. I think the TV was on that special pallet when it was picked up from the LG warehouse. Hopefully your's will be handled with similar kit gloves like mine. It was really impressive to see it on that pallet. At first I couldn't believe my eyes!!
ataneruo and jrref like this.

post #12869 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Are there still Dolby Atmos / ARC issues? Did a firmware update come out allowing devices like the Xbox One X to be plugged into HDMI 1 and then an HDMI cable out of HDMI 2 (ARC) to an Atmos-capable soundbar? Or does Atmos only come from internal apps?
post #12870 of 35867 Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2007 Post(s)
Liked: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeva0049 View Post
anyone???
You have to change your gaming HDMI input to the PC icon label in your HDMI connection settings manager. The PC icon assignment to your game input will give you the low input lag and ability to use the other picture modes besides Game mode.

Weird config but it works.
Srycantthnkof1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page