2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 435 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980232Likes

post #13021 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2692 Post(s)
Liked: 2451
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceNaj View Post
Hey Sonoftumble, i wanted to get your 2 cents about a couple of issues i've been having... i layed them out before but no one is helping.
Anyway before i ask, do you have the Oppo-203 and did you get xbox one X?
The answer is no for both. I wish I had an Oppo, but instead I have a Samsung K8500. I don't have any kind of gaming console at this point.

I'm not sure if I will be much help. Ask anyway. I'll get it my best shot.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13022 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce89976 View Post
Just got my 65B7 on Tuesday. Out of the box, I was pretty disappointed with the picture quality. Lot's of "claymation" appearance, crushed blacks and softness on normal HD movies (ISF Expert Dark mode). I was ready to box it back up and take it back to Best Buy Tuesday night. Glad I didn't.

After a couple of days, the difference is unreal. Normal HD is now enjoyable, and while not as crisp looking as a great 1080p set (like the Kuro 151FD I'm coming from) it's almost equal. Colors have settled in as well, and everything looks very natural. I'm using @sonoftumble 's settings, with some adjustments, until it can get it properly calibrated.

Not sure how much of the improvement is due to the new firmware I installed yesterday, the settings, or to the display settling in over about 20 hours of use. But so far, so good!

Dude, just get it pro-calibrated. All problems other than cable macro-blocking and motion artifacts will basically disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sonoftumble likes this.

post #13023 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsabrown View Post
I've just had the same thing today. I'm running a Denon as well but I took that completely out of the loop. Just the tv speakers and OTA channels, just the main ones (NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX) that are outputting dolby. I get background sounds but no dialog.
Yup. I also switched to internal speakers to eliminate the AVR as the culprit. It's definitely an issue with the TV. Hopefully a problem with the current firmware that will be fixed.

Tonight I had a different issue. I had video drop out for about 2 seconds 3 separate times over the span of 1.5 hours of watching TV. The audio kept playing, but the screen went completely blank as id it turned off. I know it wasn't the source because I was playing from my DVR and when I replayed it, there were no drop outs. Anyone else ever experience this?

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13024 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 2692 Post(s)
Liked: 2451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
I have an Apple TV 4K connected to HDMI 2 w/ DV enabled. Problem is, Trumotion seems to be enabled, but the controls to adjust it/turn it off seem to be missing. Is this something I needed to adjust before enabling DV?
This may have something to do with certain picture modes which will lock down some of the settings. Try the Cinema ( User ) picture mode when playing DV content and see if that allows access to Trumotion. I have Trumotion turned off as the new firmware update really helped smooth things out. I am also running tvOS 11.2 beta 2 on my ATV 4K, and it now will allow me to playback content in its native frame rate which means for movies I no longer have a need for Trumotion or any judder settings/adjustments regardless of the dynamic range metadata in the signal; i.e. SDR, HDR-10, or DV.
Geckotek likes this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #13025 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Also experiencing center channel loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlux View Post
Yup. I also switched to internal speakers to eliminate the AVR as the culprit. It's definitely an issue with the TV. Hopefully a problem with the current firmware that will be fixed.

Tonight I had a different issue. I had video drop out for about 2 seconds 3 separate times over the span of 1.5 hours of watching TV. The audio kept playing, but the screen went completely blank as id it turned off. I know it wasn't the source because I was playing from my DVR and when I replayed it, there were no drop outs. Anyone else ever experience this?

Rich
Well guys-

Put me on the list-

Since I am running all sound except for the internal APPs through my Yamaha, I do not experience the issue unless watching Netflix or Amazon. Sound is fed from the TV to the Yamaha via the optical connection for the APPs. Interestingly, I can watch about 2-3 hours worth before the issue becomes apparent.

I will be contacting LG about this as I felt it was possibly a heat related issue since it took a while to manifest.

We will see-

Larry
post #13026 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Magdy View Post
So i decided to write this after a one month with my new c7 200 hours on the tv tried every content also tried 720p 1080p cable tv 4k demos i will buy 4k player soon played on my ps4 and here is my review and my opinion for all who are thinking about getting an oled tv
1. The full power of the tv and its strength points will only be seen on 4k content
2. The tv upscale is good but not always any full hd movies will have their bad moments dont judge the tv on that the near black will sometimes looks awful its not the tv any scene i saw with issues i tried it on my samsung 8500 and it looks the same only that oled really show you everything so if the content is amazing you will be amazed but if it have issues your tv will show it all because oled show every detail
3. Sometimes even full hd stuff have issues i watched Got s05 and it had issues in some episodes so its the series not the tv
4. I stopped watching caple tv only sports which am suffering because i cant watch it on sports picture mode it seems artificial for me so i will not judge and ask people if they have edot for this
5. For gaming its very good
6. This tv is made specially for dark areas it will look good in bright rooms but will reflect a lot of things

Thats all sorry for the long text
Thanks for sharing. What 4K player do you wanna purchase?
I'm holding, I want it to support Dolby Vision. Oppo or LG are the only choice then.
post #13027 of 35901 Old 11-11-2017, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2131 Post(s)
Liked: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
I'm holding, I want it to support Dolby Vision. Oppo or LG are the only choice then.
It remains to be seen, but the Philips BDP7502 has been promised a DV update before year's end. (As has the BDP7302, same unit as sold by Sam's Club, cheap.)
post #13028 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledboi View Post
Someone reported here that running the "sound test: actually "fixed" the problem, at least temporarily. In other words, it would restore the center channel sound that was missing. Another person posted that when he unplugged and then plugged the LG back in it would fix it. The first couple of times it happened to my set I thought it was my cable box, so I rebooted that. It did seem to fix it the first time. The second time I tried it did not fix it, so I rebooted it again and it worked. Now you are reporting that OTA channels do the same thing so it's definitely not the Cable box.

The question I still am unclear with.. When you are experiencing the issue does running the "sound test" restore the center channel? If not how did you fix the issue? Thanks...
The sound test did not fix the issue. I had to unplug the set to fix it.
Oledboi likes this.
post #13029 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
The answer is no for both. I wish I had an Oppo, but instead I have a Samsung K8500. I don't have any kind of gaming console at this point.

I'm not sure if I will be much help. Ask anyway. I'll get it my best shot.
Sonoftumble, really thank you... you are very kind, you were the only one who answered me after posting my issues in a bunch of places. I wanted to thank you also for all your hard work getting your picture settings out to all of us. I haven't tried them yet on my 65E7 but i will shortly and let you know what i think.
When it comes to the Oppo-203, i wanted to know on the new LG firmware 4.70.06 if connected straight to the TV if you get Atmos through the TV speakers with no issues because i am still on the old TV firmware and i want to know if i update or not, since i had so many issues with the 4.70.06 on my old 65E7, which was the reason why i exchanged it for a new one that is still on the older version, but i didn't have the Oppo back then to try it myself, i got it after i exchanged the TV.
And second with the xbox one X and assassin's creed origins, updated both the console and the game and i couldn't start the game, hdr kicks in, colors are great, all green checks on the one x display settings but the character simply won't move in the first battle of the game no matter what i try, you can access the menu, map, store and the dpad works inside it but the character simply stays still. Tried gears of war 4 and everything worked great.
What do you think?
post #13030 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello to everyone.

I hope this is the right place to ask, if not mods please redirect my post in the appropriate thread.

Ive been searching for some quality LG TV and the guy from the local tech store recommends the LG 55UJ670V (55"(138cm)4k Ultra HD SMART LED TV)

Anyone had any expirience with this TV? Are you recommending it? Any help would be amazing, thanks.
post #13031 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 03:42 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Quote:
So i decided to write this after a one month with my new c7 200 hours on the tv tried every content also tried 720p 1080p cable tv 4k demos i will buy 4k player soon played on my ps4 and here is my review and my opinion for all who are thinking about getting an oled tv
1. The full power of the tv and its strength points will only be seen on 4k content
2. The tv upscale is good but not always any full hd movies will have their bad moments dont judge the tv on that the near black will sometimes looks awful its not the tv any scene i saw with issues i tried it on my samsung 8500 and it looks the same only that oled really show you everything so if the content is amazing you will be amazed but if it have issues your tv will show it all because oled show every detail
3. Sometimes even full hd stuff have issues i watched Got s05 and it had issues in some episodes so its the series not the tv
4. I stopped watching caple tv only sports which am suffering because i cant watch it on sports picture mode it seems artificial for me so i will not judge and ask people if they have edot for this
5. For gaming its very good
6. This tv is made specially for dark areas it will look good in bright rooms but will reflect a lot of things

Thats all sorry for the long text
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Quote:
It remains to be seen, but the Philips BDP7502 has been promised a DV update before year's end. (As has the BDP7302, same unit as sold by Sam's Club, cheap.)
Am still waiting for a clearer picture a lot have been promised so i will not buy until i see some reviews here or on the internet generally i will keep you acknowledge
post #13032 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Rorschach View Post
Hello to everyone.

I hope this is the right place to ask, if not mods please redirect my post in the appropriate thread.

Ive been searching for some quality LG TV and the guy from the local tech store recommends the LG 55UJ670V (55"(138cm)4k Ultra HD SMART LED TV)

Anyone had any expirience with this TV? Are you recommending it? Any help would be amazing, thanks.
If you go to this site it will help you a lot rtings.com

If you ask for my opinion dont buy any tv from lg except oled if you dont want oled go for samsung ks8500 or 9500 or sony
dwaleke and H Rorschach like this.
post #13033 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
If you go to this site it will help you a lot rtings.com

If you ask for my opinion dont buy any tv from lg except oled if you dont want oled go for samsung ks8500 or 9500 or sony
Thanks. But OLED seems to be way more expensive an im on limited budget, and the products are limited here so i have little choice unfortunately.

I've been looking for a good quality display, good sound, easy to use, normal viewing angle, 55 inch. Dont need 3D or some sophisticated gadgets.

These are the recommendations:
- LG 49 UJ 7507
- LG 55 UJ 670 V
- LG 55 UJ 6517
- SAMSUNG UE 55 MU 6272 UXXH
- SAMSUNG UE 55 MU 6172 UXXH
- SAMSUNG UE 55 KU 6072 UXXH
- SONY KD 55 XD 7005 BAEP
- SONY KD 55 XE 7005 BAEP

Who is the best/second/third best option out of these?
post #13034 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
There is a forum above this one called LCD Flat Panel Displays. That's where you should be asking your questions. I believe they have a thread for "What should I buy?". Good luck with your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Rorschach View Post
Thanks. But OLED seems to be way more expensive an im on limited budget, and the products are limited here so i have little choice unfortunately.

I've been looking for a good quality display, good sound, easy to use, normal viewing angle, 55 inch. Dont need 3D or some sophisticated gadgets.

These are the recommendations:
- LG 49 UJ 7507
- LG 55 UJ 670 V
- LG 55 UJ 6517
- SAMSUNG UE 55 MU 6272 UXXH
- SAMSUNG UE 55 MU 6172 UXXH
- SAMSUNG UE 55 KU 6072 UXXH
- SONY KD 55 XD 7005 BAEP
- SONY KD 55 XE 7005 BAEP

Who is the best/second/third best option out of these?
dwaleke, ataneruo and H Rorschach like this.
post #13035 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 96
My G7 remote does not. It is a FF button in between the two you noted.

Quote:
No sir, that's my bad... please excuse me, i didn't know that the B7 and C7 remotes unlike the E7 and G7 remotes have an "info" just between the "Amazon" and "live zoom". I have the E7 and i thought the B7 and C7 did too... but obviously not.
post #13036 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 05:04 AM

Test both ways and see what you like better.

I was able to notice a difference, so I have my Denon up-scaling my cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post
A dumb question... I just got a Yamaha receiver A2070, is it better to let the receiver to upscale or the TV to do that?
Deckard71 and Culpepper like this.
post #13037 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Sonoftumble, really thank you... you are very kind, you were the only one who answered me after posting my issues in a bunch of places. I wanted to thank you also for all your hard work getting your picture settings out to all of us. I haven't tried them yet on my 65E7 but i will shortly and let you know what i think.
When it comes to the Oppo-203, i wanted to know on the new LG firmware 4.70.06 if connected straight to the TV if you get Atmos through the TV speakers with no issues because i am still on the old TV firmware and i want to know if i update or not, since i had so many issues with the 4.70.06 on my old 65E7, which was the reason why i exchanged it for a new one that is still on the older version, but i didn't have the Oppo back then to try it myself, i got it after i exchanged the TV.
And second with the xbox one X and assassin's creed origins, updated both the console and the game and i couldn't start the game, hdr kicks in, colors are great, all green checks on the one x display settings but the character simply won't move in the first battle of the game no matter what i try, you can access the menu, map, store and the dpad works inside it but the character simply stays still. Tried gears of war 4 and everything worked great.
What do you think?
Nevermind about the xbox one X assassin's creed origins issue, i solved it... so at the beginning of the game i disabled the HUD to obviously avoid burn in and if you do then you can't move the character at the start. Enabling the HUD fixed that since you need it for the tutoriol to start.
Still want someone with a 2017 LG Oled and an Oppo-203 to help me out.
post #13038 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usurpers26 View Post
My G7 remote does not. It is a FF button in between the two you noted.
That's weird... look at the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5138.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	936.2 KB
ID:	2313920  
post #13039 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 05:48 AM

Wow, so maybe it is only the E's that have this remote? Bizarre to say the least...

Quote:
That's weird... look at the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2115.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	693.3 KB
ID:	2313928  
post #13040 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Test both ways and see what you like better.

I was able to notice a difference, so I have my Denon up-scaling my cable.
Can I ask what Cable company you use??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

LG OLED55B6P / ONKYO TX-SR555 / Harmony Elite / ATMOS 5.0.2
JBL N38 3-Way Front x2 / KLIPSCH Synergy C2 Center, C2 Surround x2, S2 Height x2
LG UP970 4K UHD BR w/DV March '17 build / Panasonic DMP-BDT320 BR
ONKYO DX-C330 CD Player / Comcast Xfinity XG1-A / Chromecast 4K
post #13041 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 06:10 AM

Comcast. I have the STB outputting 720p since last I knew Comcast has shifted almost all their content to 720p (what a joke).

Using Denon x3400H to upscale - it does a good job (better than I expected).

When I have a minute I want to run my cable through the Xbox X and see how that looks compared to the Denon's up-scaling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRomulus View Post
Can I ask what Cable company you use??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
post #13042 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had a weird issue last night on my 1 month old LG C7 and wanted to see if any of you have had this happen or know what caused it.

I was watching Netflix on the TV app and then switched to play Xbox and after about an hour or so my tv auto switched to the Netflix app. This occurred about 3-4 times in the 3-4 hours I was playing Xbox, I checked remote and it was perfectly flat on table, not stuck in the couch or anything. Is this an issue with my TV, that I need to try to return or is this a simple software fix or what?

Thanks for any input.
post #13043 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
This may have something to do with certain picture modes which will lock down some of the settings. Try the Cinema ( User ) picture mode when playing DV content and see if that allows access to Trumotion. I have Trumotion turned off as the new firmware update really helped smooth things out. I am also running tvOS 11.2 beta 2 on my ATV 4K, and it now will allow me to playback content in its native frame rate which means for movies I no longer have a need for Trumotion or any judder settings/adjustments regardless of the dynamic range metadata in the signal; i.e. SDR, HDR-10, or DV.
Hi,
I am about to try your settings but have a query abut the colour gamut in HDR. All the reviews I have read or seen (including Vincent Teoh's) says to put the colour gamut on auto for HDR and yet you use it on wide (but auto for SDR) I wonder if you could please explain why the difference.
post #13044 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Comcast. I have the STB outputting 720p since last I knew Comcast has shifted almost all their content to 720p (what a joke).

Using Denon x3400H to upscale - it does a good job (better than I expected).

When I have a minute I want to run my cable through the Xbox X and see how that looks compared to the Denon's up-scaling.
Thanks. I did switch back to Comcast because I was tired of DirecTV constantly playing the "increase/call us" game AND because they wanted to charge me for a 4K STB after 5 years with them...

My Comcast STB can apparently upscale the native 720 to 1080P, but it is not impressive at all to say the least when my Onkyo TX555 then upscales that to 4K. It's upscaling an upscale.

The TX555 will not however, upscale a 720K source to 4k... only a 1080p source. So I just leave the STB at 720K and my OLED55B6P must upscale it to 2048 because it fills the screen, but in the top left, it still says 720p. Not a bad picture though.

Anyway, your Denon obviously can upconvert anything it seems.
post #13045 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I have hdmi (label input) in 4k hdr --standard mode--i cannot disable real cinema on (it's grey out) with clear motion off ...still cannot acces this and it's not helping me this real cinema....have the latest firmware ..is lg aware of this ?
post #13046 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Wow, so maybe it is only the E's that have this remote? Bizarre to say the least...
No, i have seen this on the G7 as well.
post #13047 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 07:06 AM

Comon please, anyone with an Oppo-203 connected to this TV?
post #13048 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Comon please, anyone with an Oppo-203 connected to this TV?
I do. What's the question?

Edit: Found your question. Sorry I don't use the TV speakers at all. DD+ Atmos is sent to my receiver from the built in apps via arc. And would most likely pass through if sent from a device like the Oppo. But you won't get lossless Atmos over arc.

The b7a doesn't play Atmos on the TV speakers. The higher models will. The new firmware added the ability to decode lossless truehd (which would likely include Atmos if you had it). But once again you'd need b7p or higher for Atmos through TV speakers.

Unless you have 2-4 height speakers mounted overhead you're wasting your time with Atmos imo.
AceNaj likes this.

Last edited by dwaleke; 11-12-2017 at 07:16 AM.
post #13049 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 07:39 AM

Well then, that makes it even more of a mystery as to why my G7 remote doesn't have the info button. Especially cause it says "signature" on the remote so it isn't like I got a B/C/E remote by accident. First world problems I suppose

Quote:
No, i have seen this on the G7 as well.
post #13050 of 35901 Old 11-12-2017, 07:43 AM

Yeah your TV is receiving the 720p signal from your STB and doing the up-scaling. Prob your best option for now - I definitely would not have your STB doing the up-scaling. I tried the 1080P from the STB and it looked pretty bad no matter how I routed it after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRomulus View Post
So I just leave the STB at 720K and my OLED55B6P must upscale it to 2048 because it fills the screen, but in the top left, it still says 720p. Not a bad picture though.

Anyway, your Denon obviously can upconvert anything it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page