2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 568 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980484Likes

post #17011 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorosap View Post
EDIT: I am talking about the 65" B7A.

Sorry, can't figure out how to edit original post.

Wait until set runs pixel refresh cycle (or run it manually) - I’ve seen reports it can resolve any stuck pixels issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charlesrshell likes this.

LG OLED 55C6P | LG OLED 65B7A | Denon AVR X6200W | Denon AVR X4300H | Parasound 2125 and ATI 1506 Amps | Definitive Technology Speakers /w Earthquake SuperNova MKV-12 with 7.1.4 Atmos | LG UP970 and Oppo 203 UHD Players | Nvidia Shield | ATV4K | Roku Ultra | Amazon FireTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17012 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone who games on the Xbox One X that could tell me how dim game mode actually is on LG OLED tv's. I got the C7 but still couldn't try to game on it. Going to get the Xbox One X soon but I read alot of complains of a dim game mode compared to standard. Is this true or could you get the picture as bright (with some setting adjustments) with turning on dc on high. Could someone who haves it actually say if the picture is actually the same on game mode as any other modes?
post #17013 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Anyone here has tried the luminoodle bias light (white) on Amazon? How well does it work? Is it reasonably close to 6500K, not too blue, not too bright?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17014 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohaLA View Post
Wait until set runs pixel refresh cycle (or run it manually) - I’ve seen reports it can resolve any stuck pixels issues

I ran it twice over the last week manually. I don't think they are stuck, but appear to be dead (sub)pixels. In my experience, dead pixels have never came back to life, only gotten worse.

If it's common to have these dead pixels on OLEDs, I guess I will just get another panel with a bunch more dead pixels based on my luck.

The TV has banding issues too, but I think that is far more common, which is why I am bot obsessing over that aspect as much.
post #17015 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
Anyone here has tried the luminoodle bias light (white) on Amazon? How well does it work? Is it reasonably close to 6500K, not too blue, not too bright?
Just got my luminoodle "installed", works great, I also bought the little remote control since it gives you the options to adjust the intensity in four set %age increments (or 20 + - increments) as well as turn it off and on. The USB port does power off when the TV powers off.

I like it!
barth2 likes this.

Last edited by bbbobbb; 12-12-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Clarification of remote settings...
post #17016 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillias View Post
Anyone who games on the Xbox One X that could tell me how dim game mode actually is on LG OLED tv's. I got the C7 but still couldn't try to game on it. Going to get the Xbox One X soon but I read alot of complains of a dim game mode compared to standard. Is this true or could you get the picture as bright (with some setting adjustments) with turning on dc on high. Could someone who haves it actually say if the picture is actually the same on game mode as any other modes?
I only have Xbox one. Game mode is blindingly bright. I have OLED light down to 40.
post #17017 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobbb View Post
Just got my luminoodle "installed", works great, I also bought the little remote control since it gives you the options to adjust the intensity in four increments (and two more lower increments) as well as turn it off and on. The USB port does power off when the TV powers off. I like it!
How do you like it...i was looking at getting one of those.
post #17018 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillias View Post
See JP DESMO360's post, it depends on the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP DESMO360 View Post
Hi guys,

recently i got my OLED 55B7V and followed people here on the forum speaking about how dark/bad it looks the HDR on games.
I was suprised and couldn´t understand it. After all when playing Batllefield 1 and CODWW2 in 4K with HDR enabled i was over the moon.

THEN ... i tried Project Cars 2. What a mess! Image is really dark and text is completely out of focus ... almost unreadable. When i switch off HDR on the PS4PRO and run the game again everything looks awesome.

SO ... i believe the darker HDR images depend on how game producers implement it. Two completely diferent results using the same setup.

What´s your thoughts on this?
Vincent from HDTVtest talked about it in one of his recent videos.
post #17019 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometManTriumph View Post
finally received my 65b7 panel yesterday and was excited to see if the jump from my panasonic plasma vt50 was worth it. Well i was mindblown not only whit the picture quality, but also whit the overall package of features that this tv offer, the fact that it reads everything that i could throw at it, every single 4k mkv played flawlessly, even 60gb files were played perfectly the subtitle functions were amazing, finding a proper subtitles for these 2160p mkv sometimes is difficult, whit the lg b7 no problem, you have the sync function to get the perfect timing.
I didn't see any sync function for subtitles, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.
post #17020 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2000 View Post
Sorry to parachute in here. But my TV says firmware is up to date with version 03.60.16 even though new 04.70.30 firmware is available. What is the point of having a status indicator and the ability to update firmware automatically via Ethernet if LG does not use it? How many purchasers who do not read the forums will ever know that a firmware update is available if when they select check firmware on the display it tells them their firmware is up to date? This makes no sense and I am considering returning this item because of it. My Oppo has done auto updates via Ethernet since 2012 and Lg cannot figure out how in 2017?
You'd return your TV because of that?

I got 4.70.07 via auto-update, but in Australia we can't even manually download the 4.70.30 update yet... Still no Youtube HDR!!
bigzee3 likes this.
post #17021 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderde View Post
Hi all!

I have a splendid C7, everything working like a charm with the old 03.60.09 FW, but learned that I was missing out on some features in newer FWs. I therefore did the USB FW update, since the OTA didnt give any updates, to 04.70.30.

So I gained some features, which is great(!), but I also lost the subtitle functionality in the built-in "Photo / Video-app" through my DLNA NAS which worked perfectly in 03.60.09...

Like so: I have a MKV-file on a NAS with DLNA-server running, in the same folder as the MKV there is a SRT-file (subtitle) which is named exactly the same as the MKV-file. And in 03.60.09 the sub showed up and it all worked, but now on 04.70.30 the "sub" icon is greyed out and it doesn't work any more..?!

Any tips or feedback on this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderde View Post
Yeah, it sucks - been waiting for LG support chat to ask on this.. Wanted to downgrade as soon as I noticed, but that seems like a bigger hassle. The thing is that with some MKVs with "embedded" subs, it works fine - but not when there is a separate .srt-file in the folder.. :/
I vaguely remember trying this when I was on 3.60 and it didn't work.

I wasn't sure if it was my HTPC (ubuntu using miniDLNA), or the TV at the time.

There was only one movie I needed subtitles for, so I ended up re-embedding them using mkvmerge:
Code:
mkvmerge -o output_with_subs.mkv -S input.mkv --track-name "0:engsubs" subs.srt
Thanks for reporting it to LG, I'd like it to work for next time I do need it. Much easier than remuxing.

Last edited by noobtv; 12-12-2017 at 09:03 PM.
post #17022 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
How do you like it...i was looking at getting one of those.
I had one for my previous set. LG UH8500 it was, with horrible pillars of light. The bias lighting was absolutely amazing and made a TV I regretted purchasing to one I loved after the bias lighting purchase. I haven't bought another set for the OLED as intended reason for the first wasn't needed in this case, but I still may get a set as they did so much not just to make blacks appear blacker, but eye strain and it made for a great night light also. Christmas time with the flashing colors was nice also. I highly recommend.

Here is the set I purchased
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cam1977 likes this.

LG C7 65"|Xbox One X|PS4 Pro|Nvidia Shield
post #17023 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ awesome thanks, yeah I get eye strain for sure, and I'm starting not to like my makeshift lamp behind the set!
Datagg likes this.
post #17024 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi everyone but I have a dumb question that I cant find an answer anywhere online. Is there anyway that you can start up the Apple TV when I turn on the LG oled c7 without going to the input section to change it on the remote? I’d like it to boot it up directly to the Apple TV if possible. If someone knows how to do this can you give me the instructions on how to do it? Thanks!

post #17025 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariasm2 View Post
Hi everyone but I have a dumb question that I cant find an answer anywhere online. Is there anyway that you can start up the Apple TV when I turn on the LG oled c7 without going to the input section to change it on the remote? I’d like it to boot it up directly to the Apple TV if possible. If someone knows how to do this can you give me the instructions on how to do it? Thanks!

My C7 just starts on the last-used input...

My HTPC is on HDMI2 so it usually starts on that, unless the gf was watching some crap on terrestrial TV in which case it starts on that.

It won't start on an App though, unless you press the Netflix/Amazon buttons on the remote to turn it on.
post #17026 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 09:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6785 Post(s)
Liked: 6783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
That’s the truth. I have to spend a weekend soon unplugging and then labeling/tying things again. No matter what we do cables always seem to get messy.
No question about that
post #17027 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hey everyone. I got all of my new gear setup finally! I’m using the settings recommended on rtings.com.

Having problems with motion and judder, even though I have true motion and real cinema (I think that’s what it is called) off. If anyone owns this TV (C7) and Star Trek: Into Darkness 4K would you mind watching the first 5min and let me know if you notice the judder too?

I’m highly sensitive to any motion processing and even with everything off I still see things that I just don’t know I can get use to. I love the blacks and picture quality in general but I can’t keep this TV if I can’t fix the motion/judder problems. My JS8500 has zero issues, albeit it’s not an OLED.

Another problem I’m having is getting the HDR Picture Mode menu to pop up. I have the deep color option enabled for all HDMI inputs and dynamic contrast set to low for active HDR. I have HDR enabled on all of my devices. I read that a menu should pop up in the bottom left for HDR picture mode yet I can’t get it to work.

Last thing, can any console gamers help me out with the best settings? I just can’t get my games to look right. On my JS8500 I only used one picture mode for everything and loved the look of both games and movies. What settings do you use for gaming with the C7?

Thank you for any help in advance.
post #17028 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6581 Post(s)
Liked: 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsullivan1983 View Post
Hey everyone. I got all of my new gear setup finally! I’m using the settings recommended on rtings.com.

Having problems with motion and judder, even though I have true motion and real cinema (I think that’s what it is called) off. If anyone owns this TV (C7) and Star Trek: Into Darkness 4K would you mind watching the first 5min and let me know if you notice the judder too?

I’m highly sensitive to any motion processing and even with everything off I still see things that I just don’t know I can get use to. I love the blacks and picture quality in general but I can’t keep this TV if I can’t fix the motion/judder problems. My JS8500 has zero issues, albeit it’s not an OLED.

Another problem I’m having is getting the HDR Picture Mode menu to pop up. I have the deep color option enabled for all HDMI inputs and dynamic contrast set to low for active HDR. I have HDR enabled on all of my devices. I read that a menu should pop up in the bottom left for HDR picture mode yet I can’t get it to work.

Last thing, can any console gamers help me out with the best settings? I just can’t get my games to look right. On my JS8500 I only used one picture mode for everything and loved the look of both games and movies. What settings do you use for gaming with the C7?

When you play HDR the “badge” pops up in the upper right hand corner. If no badge appears then the TV is not reading HDR material. What have you tried using/playing in HDR where the badge doesn’t appear? What cables are you using? We will need a little more information.
post #17029 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
My C7 just starts on the last-used input...

My HTPC is on HDMI2 so it usually starts on that, unless the gf was watching some crap on terrestrial TV in which case it starts on that.

It won't start on an App though, unless you press the Netflix/Amazon buttons on the remote to turn it on.

Thank you! I didn’t even think about that. That should work!

post #17030 of 36579 Old 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
When you play HDR the “badge” pops up in the upper right hand corner. If no badge appears then the TV is not reading HDR material. What have you tried using/playing in HDR where the badge doesn’t appear? What cables are you using? We will need a little more information.
Yes, I noticed the HDR badge in the upper right off the bat. The picture on rtings.com shows an HDR picture mode menu that pops up in the bottom left.

I tried Star Trek: Into Darkness but when I hit the menu button and went down to picture mode it gave no option for HDR picture mode. The case clearly shows HDR.

I have setup my Oppo using Bob’s recommended settings. I am using the included HDMI cable as it is an HDMI premium certified cable. The Oppo is going straight into the 3070. I am using Monoprice HDMI premium certified cables going from the C7 to 3070 and (although I don’t need it) my cable box to the 3070.

Now, I finally got the option available when I put in Gears of War 4 into my Xbox One X. I did NOT get the option when I put in Destiny 2 into my PS4 Pro. Destiny 2 just recently had an update supporting HDR so I’m not sure why I can’t enable it. Is it possible it was enabled and I just couldn’t change the HDR picture mode?

I’ve only had the TV for 7 hours. Plenty of time left to try and figure things out. I really do like the C7. Wish I would have went to OLED a long time ago. Do you have any suggestions as to motion processing and/or the severe judder/almost soap opera like effect I experienced? I can try to take a video with my iPhone tomorrow. Not sure if it will show what I’m seeing good enough.
post #17031 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Do you have any suggestions as to motion processing and/or the severe judder/almost soap opera like effect I experienced? I can try to take a video with my iPhone tomorrow. Not sure if it will show what I’m seeing good enough.
Judder and Soap Opera Effect are terms that describe practically opposite effects. When motion processing is used, it tends to reduce judder and induce the smeared "soap opera" feel, so I am not sure what effect you would call "judder/almost soap opera like effect".

As long as you have disabled Trumotion, then you should be seeing no soap opera effect at all. To me, with Trumotion disabled, the judder appears to accurately reflect the normal judder I experience at a movie theatre.

If I enable Trumotion, and set "De-Judder" to about 3, then I can notice that video containing scrolling text, as in a credits sequence, is noticeably smoothed out, without an overt soap-opera effect being imposed on normal video.

I personally leave the Trumotion settings completely disabled though, as I find the resultant tearing artefacts quite objectionable (some people identify this tearing effect in sports when the ball has a habit of vanishing during panning shots).

It's all a matter of personal preference though.
nikescream likes this.
post #17032 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
You can legally put Romex in a wall. AFAIK you can't simply put a TV power cord in the wall (risk of fire). I don't have my code book handy, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Please speak up if that's not the case.
…and if you put it in the wall, you have to use junction boxes and receptacles.
post #17033 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
Judder and Soap Opera Effect are terms that describe practically opposite effects. When motion processing is used, it tends to reduce judder and induce the smeared "soap opera" feel, so I am not sure what effect you would call "judder/almost soap opera like effect".

As long as you have disabled Trumotion, then you should be seeing no soap opera effect at all. To me, with Trumotion disabled, the judder appears to accurately reflect the normal judder I experience at a movie theatre.

If I enable Trumotion, and set "De-Judder" to about 3, then I can notice that video containing scrolling text, as in a credits sequence, is noticeably smoothed out, without an overt soap-opera effect being imposed on normal video.

I personally leave the Trumotion settings completely disabled though, as I find the resultant tearing artefacts quite objectionable (some people identify this tearing effect in sports when the ball has a habit of vanishing during panning shots).

It's all a matter of personal preference though.
As I stated above, I’m just using the recommended settings on rtings.com. Would you be so kind as to list your settings for your primary picture mode and hdr picture mode for movies? I would greatly appreciate it. It’ll get me a step in the right direction and I can play around with things from there.
post #17034 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Question

Quote:

Are you sure you're running the latest firmware?

============================
Grouchy Golf
post #17035 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric23 View Post
Are you sure you're running the latest firmware?
I am not. I figured I’d just wait until it’s available to auto-update.
post #17036 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
As I stated above, I’m just using the recommended settings on rtings.com. Would you be so kind as to list your settings for your primary picture mode and hdr picture mode for movies? I would greatly appreciate it. It’ll get me a step in the right direction and I can play around with things from there.
I essentially use sonotumble's settings. I don't apply the white balance (except for setting "Warm 2") or colour management settings, as those are set-specific.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post55037420

The only settings that should contribute to motion processing are "Real Cinema", "Motion Eye Care" and "TruMotion". Real Cinema control the (de)telecene process and should be on, but the other should be off for better picture accuracy.
sonoftumble likes this.
post #17037 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
I essentially use sonotumble's settings. I don't apply the white balance (except for setting "Warm 2") or colour management settings, as those are set-specific.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post55037420

The only settings that should contribute to motion processing are "Real Cinema", "Motion Eye Care" and "TruMotion". Real Cinema control the (de)telecene process and should be on, but the other should be off for better picture accuracy.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it. Now I need to find settings for gaming/hdr gaming.
post #17038 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
I had one for my previous set. LG UH8500 it was, with horrible pillars of light. The bias lighting was absolutely amazing and made a TV I regretted purchasing to one I loved after the bias lighting purchase. I haven't bought another set for the OLED as intended reason for the first wasn't needed in this case, but I still may get a set as they did so much not just to make blacks appear blacker, but eye strain and it made for a great night light also. Christmas time with the flashing colors was nice also. I highly recommend.

Here is the set I purchased
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have had LED lights behind my TVs for years, probably since 2010 or 2011. I removed my LED strips because I didn't want anything on the back of this gorgeous TV so I bought two Philips Hue lamps. No need for a Hue bridge as I paired one of my remotes from the Hue Aura lamps with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #17039 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 01:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I also have LED's surrounding the tv, but in a different way

VidPro, xCHRISx, Datagg and 3 others like this.
post #17040 of 36579 Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^very nice set up their!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page