2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 633 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980417Likes

post #18961 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Does anybody know why we don't get DVR capabilities when we connect a hard drive in the U.S. like other countries do?

Is there a way to activate that function in the service menu?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18962 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini415 View Post
Your parents didn’t hire a professional if the system was a serious pain.

A manufacturers product is only as good as the installer/programmer that installed it.

I’m certain a competent installer would have made the Control 4 system work flawlessly, they make great hardware.

Problem is there are few competent installers in this world. Most AV companies are full of salesman and worried about profits not the quality of their work. That’s the main reason few companies have any longevity in this business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The control 4 system required a technician to come out when it would get "confused" of course each of these visits cost money. Finally the board in main control unit failed and it was going to cost $500 to fix it. It was not a good experience for them. YMMV but the harmony has worked flawlessly over the past year.

LG 65C7p | Sony PS3 | Sony PS4 | Apple Ariport Express | Emotiva UMC-200 | Parasound HCA2003a | Parasound HCA1000a x 2 | Monster HTS3500 | AC Infinity Aircom T8 x 2 | NHT 1.5 | NHT VS2 | NHT Super Ones | SVS SB16 Ultra | Harmony Elite | Salamander Venice 237 | Sound Anchors Cone Coasters | Vibrapods
post #18963 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
Does anybody know why we don't get DVR capabilities when we connect a hard drive in the U.S. like other countries do?

Is there a way to activate that function in the service menu?
Take a look in settings. General > Power Saving Mode > HDD Power Saving Mode. Not sure if that has anything to do with your hard drive issue.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18964 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
I need to get sound out only to RCA connectors. Will either of the attached work connected to the Optical Digital Audio Out port on the back of my C7P OLED? Thanks for any help.

https://www.overstock.com/Electronic...8/product.html

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optic.../dp/B003OND0N4
This is what I used to get the analog signal from the optical out. I use it on my old Seinnhouser wireless analog headphones. They are too good to throw away. You plug the converter into one of the TV USB slots. It works great. Good luck with your quest.

https://www.amazon.com/LANGREE-Digit...onverter&psc=1
charlesrshell likes this.
post #18965 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Does anyone know how to display Netflix info such as current bitrate while using the Magic Remote?

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #18966 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzee3 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone has tried this option?. I know for SDR color is set at 50 and WCG at auto. We have had a recommendation by D-nice also to set color to 46 and WCG to wide. So I'm curious if anyone say gone from color 55 and WCG at auto in HDR to WCG wide and a different color setting.
The Color Gamut settings of "Extended" and "Wide" introduce LG's in-house/faux gamut enhancements. Those options also introduce over-saturation of color which is why D-Nice recommends turning down the basic color setting to 46 in order to offset some of that over-saturation. D-Nice just didn't pull these settings out of thin air. He actually ran a scan and found they were pretty accurate.

The same applies for HDR, but since you are already getting HDR metadata from the source, there would be no reason I can think of to watch content with LG's interpretation of gamut as opposed to the mastering house's. So in that case I would leave it set to "Auto".
bigzee3 likes this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700

Last edited by sonoftumble; 01-06-2018 at 09:48 AM.
post #18967 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Take a look in settings. General > Power Saving Mode > HDD Power Saving Mode. Not sure if that has anything to do with your hard drive issue.
I am not talking about a hard drive issue. I am talking about DVR functionality in the U.S.A.

It isn't an option in the U.S. and I was wondering why and if there is a way to turn it on in the service menu.

Last edited by mikek; 01-06-2018 at 10:04 AM.
post #18968 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No Sound with ARC on x3300w

I would like to use some assistance from you smart folks. I went big this holiday season and have a brand new setup in my family room. I have the following connected to my Denon x3300w:

1. LG Oled B7A
2. Sony x800
3. Apple TV 4K
4. Fios DVR
6. Harmony Remote

Receiver settings: Video conversion off; HDMI Control On (ARC on); TV Sound Switch: on; Pass Though Source :CBL/SAT
TV Settings: SIMP-LINK Enabled; Sound Output: Optical/HDMI ARC
Denon is connected to LG HDMI 2 (ARC) port.

Issue: I am not sure how to watch TV Apps with this setup. TV Audio is set to Optical/HDMI (ARC) and SIMPLINK is enabled. I have programmed the remote to switch on the TV and receiver and switch the input to TV Audio. If I select any of the TV apps to play, video would play fine but no sound is output. Just video with no sound. It seems receiver is switching the video to TV but audio is not switching. I tried to change the input to other sources and back which didn't work. I am using good quality cables as other sources work fine (apple tv 4k and sony x800 uhd player). I am sure one of the settings preventing audio switching to TV. My guess is HDMI control or CEC playing some role here but I do not know what is happening. I am sure this is a pretty common setup but I am missing some setting.

Will someone share their settings with me? Thank you.
post #18969 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
First 3 digits in serial number are 7xx for 2017 and xx is the month. So 710 for 2017 October for example.
It also gives the build date on the plate on the back of the TV where the model and serial number is.
post #18970 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Does anyone know how to display Netflix info such as current bitrate while using the Magic Remote?

You can’t, you need to use the lg phone app or get something like a Harmony remote.
ToonMasterTim and Culpepper like this.
post #18971 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse01 View Post
Wow, an august panel and I show disappointing banding
Interesting. I have an August build and I do not see any banding during normal viewing. I do not plan to start doing "special" things to try and find banding as that would just be discouraging and I would look for it during normal viewing. To each his own I guess.
ToonMasterTim and Ricker62 like this.
post #18972 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I am talking about a hard drive issue. I am talking about DVR functionality in the U.S.A.

It isn't an option in the U.S. and I was wondering why and if there is a way to turn it on in the service menu.
OK, sorry.
mikek likes this.

LG OLED 55C7P-U
post #18973 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunts View Post
I would like to use some assistance from you smart folks. I went big this holiday season and have a brand new setup in my family room. I have the following connected to my Denon x3300w:

1. LG Oled B7A

2. Sony x800

3. Apple TV 4K

4. Fios DVR

6. Harmony Remote

Receiver settings: Video conversion off; HDMI Control On (ARC on); TV Sound Switch: on; Pass Though Source :CBL/SAT

Issue: I am not sure how to watch TV Apps with this setup. TV Audio is set to Optical/HDMI (ARC) and SIMPLINK is enabled. I have programmed the remote to switch on the TV and receiver and switch the input to TV Audio. If I select any of the TV apps to play, video would play fine but no sound is output. Just video with no sound. It seems receiver is switching the video to TV but audio is not switching. I tried to change the input to other sources and back which didn't work. I am using good quality cables as other sources work fine (apple tv 4k and sony x800 uhd player). I am sure one of the settings preventing audio switching to TV. My guess is HDMI control or CEC playing some role here but I do not know what is happening. I am sure this is a pretty common setup but I am missing some setting.

I recommend turning off CEC on all devices EXCEPT have Simplink on the LG and have CEC off on the Denon BUT having the ARC commends on (this is a separate option on the Denon where it only processors ARC commands.) Also make sure the output on the LG is set to digital/optical, sometimes you need to toggle this to kick the TV in the a$$.
post #18974 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am not talking about a hard drive issue. I am talking about DVR functionality in the U.S.A.

You might check this out.

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-lg-smart-tv-app/
post #18975 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftontrix2 View Post
This is what I used to get the analog signal from the optical out. I use it on my old Seinnhouser wireless analog headphones. They are too good to throw away. You plug the converter into one of the TV USB slots. It works great. Good luck with your quest.

https://www.amazon.com/LANGREE-Digit...onverter&psc=1
Thanks aftontrix2. I will check out the USB TV converter. I use Seinnhouser wireless headphones too. I have it connected to a DISH Hopper 3 DVR and can get everything except from my DVD/VCR recorder and a LG UP970 that are connected to my OLED. I have been thru several Seinnhouser wireless headphones thru the years. Here is the present model I use. Little hard on the ears untill I got use to them.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/drahtlo...reo-set-840-tv

LG OLED 55C7P-U
post #18976 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new View Post
Thanks for the feedback Mavric.

Well, I actually tried multiple cables including this....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not the 'highest' end cable available but it is listed as "high speed" and it really didn't make any difference at all. I also tried some other cables (I bought a bunch of different ones).

Is there a specific cable on Amazon I should look for?

Thanks again!
Those cables should work fine.

Does your problem occur with true 4K content? If not, I believe your problem has to do with the upscaling of lower resolution content. I see the same type of issues on my B7A with non-4K content. For example, I see heavy macro-blocking / pixelation when viewing the smoky scenes near the end of "Terminator Salvation" via HBOGO on my PS4 at 1080p. IMHO, this is normal. While some TVs are better at upscaling, there will always be imperfections with the upscaling process.

============================
Grouchy Golf
post #18977 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 10:46 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
1080P content is going to look great and in some instances just as good as 4K. It mostly depends on whether the source content was recorded in 1080P and then upscaled, or it came straight from a 4K or higher rez camera and mastered in 4K.

The big challenge is making 720P/1080i ( sat/cable ) signals look reasonably decent. Here's the settings that I have found work very well . . .

Go with the technicolor Expert picture mode

Leave all settings at default except for:

Color @ 48
Gamma @ 2.2*
Brightness @ 51
OLED light @ 60*
* ( these settings work well in a med bright to low bright room. If your viewing environment is dark to fully pitch black, then lower the OLED light to around 40 and set the Gamma to BT.1886 )
Sharpness @ 10
Expert Controls ----
Edge Enhancement = On
Dynamic Contrast = Off

Would love your opinion whether you see improvement or not.
Thanks for sharing your calibration settings. I input the ones you posted several months ago and found them to be excellent.

How would you compare these new Technicolor Expert picture mode settings to the ISF Expert (Dark Room) ones that you posted before? What type of viewing is best for each picture mode? Thanks again!
bigzee3 and sonoftumble like this.

Grouchy Golf
post #18978 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone know if can pair any Bluetooth headphones to the LG B7A or does it have to be an LG pair
post #18979 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
Does anyone know if can pair any Bluetooth headphones to the LG B7A or does it have to be an LG pair
i paird a Sony Mdr 1rbt and samsung level u pro anc with no problems

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
sonoftumble likes this.
post #18980 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric23 View Post
Thanks for sharing your calibration settings. I input the ones you posted several months ago and found them to be excellent.

How would you compare these new Technicolor Expert picture mode settings to the ISF Expert (Dark Room) ones that you posted before? What type of viewing is best for each picture mode? Thanks again!
When I updated to FW 04.70.10 ( now running on .36 ), I noticed that there was this new "technicolor Expert" picture mode. I gave it a spin without doing any official metered/Calman calibration.

I tweaked a few of the basic settings such as setting gamma to 2.2, lowering the color a bit and the OLED light - and I then compared - switching back-and-forth between my calibrated ISF Expert ( Dark ) settings - and the new technicolor picture mode - and I could hardly tell any difference. This was awesome news for most of us because we don't have access to the tools or the budget to have our TV's professionally calibrated. This also means that the settings are not affected by panel variances and it keeps everyone out of the White Balance and CMS.

Personally, I've been really happy with the technicolor picture mode, and have also switched to the same named PM for HDR-10 content - this time only lowering the basic color setting to 48.

I have to go to CES next week for biz, but when I get back, I plan to do a full monty calibration using technicolor as the base picture mode. Should be interesting to find out how accurate it really is.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700

Last edited by sonoftumble; 01-06-2018 at 12:08 PM.
post #18981 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonnens View Post
Thanks for that, but I don't have/want a Tablo DVR and it looks like that is what is needed.

These TVs have built-in DVR capabilities, but they are disabled in the USA (and Canada I think).

I was wondering why the DVR functionality is disabled and if it is possible to enable it.
post #18982 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 263
The TV sold in America do not have enough storage space to download tv programs. I am running out of space on the Apps I have downloaded

Samsung un659000/SEK-3500
post #18983 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for that, but I don't have/want a Tablo DVR and it looks like that is what is needed.

These TVs have built-in DVR capabilities, but they are disabled in the USA (and Canada I think).

I was wondering why the DVR functionality is disabled and if it is possible to enable it.

I don’t think you can do it. The TV region would have to be different and I don’t think you can select a non-north America region. Let us know if you find a solution.
post #18984 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric23 View Post

Quote:
1080P content is going to look great and in some instances just as good as 4K. It mostly depends on whether the source content was recorded in 1080P and then upscaled, or it came straight from a 4K or higher rez camera and mastered in 4K.

The big challenge is making 720P/1080i ( sat/cable ) signals look reasonably decent. Here's the settings that I have found work very well . . .

Go with the technicolor Expert picture mode

Leave all settings at default except for:

Color @ 48
Gamma @ 2.2*
Brightness @ 51
OLED light @ 60*
* ( these settings work well in a med bright to low bright room. If your viewing environment is dark to fully pitch black, then lower the OLED light to around 40 and set the Gamma to BT.1886 )
Sharpness @ 10
Expert Controls ----
Edge Enhancement = On
Dynamic Contrast = Off

Would love your opinion whether you see improvement or not.
Thank you so much for the settings, but unfortunately, they seem to do little to resolve the picture quality issue from my Spectrum DVR.

It's like the picture just has a lot of noise/grain/interference. It's not as crystal clear and sharp as my 1080P OLED from a couple of years ago when viewing cable tv content.

I'm just wondering if it's one of those things can be chalked up to poor video quality coming in from Spectrum, and the 1080 OLED just doesn't show all of that poor quality like the 4K screen does.

The picture seems great on my PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, and Roku Premiere + when viewing 4k content and pretty good with 1080p content, so it leads me to think that it is just the poor quality cable box and signal.

Does anyone else have these issues with Spectrum or their cable provider on their 4K OLED?

Would a high quality HDMI cable make any difference? The HDMI cables I'm using for all of my other connections seem fine.

Thanks again for any advice.
post #18985 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcountry View Post
Thank you so much for the settings, but unfortunately, they seem to do little to resolve the picture quality issue from my Spectrum DVR.

It's like the picture just has a lot of noise/grain/interference. It's not as crystal clear and sharp as my 1080P OLED from a couple of years ago when viewing cable tv content.

I'm just wondering if it's one of those things can be chalked up to poor video quality coming in from Spectrum, and the 1080 OLED just doesn't show all of that poor quality like the 4K screen does.

The picture seems great on my PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, and Roku Premiere + when viewing 4k content and pretty good with 1080p content, so it leads me to think that it is just the poor quality cable box and signal.

Does anyone else have these issues with Spectrum or their cable provider on their 4K OLED?

Would a high quality HDMI cable make any difference? The HDMI cables I'm using for all of my other connections seem fine.

A year ago I thought much of the Spectrum content looked bad but with each s/w upgrade it looks better and it's rare for me too see really bad content using the ISF or technicolor modes. I set the DVR/cable box to 1080i for everything. Look for a high quality/digitally remastered movie on FXX/Sundance/IFC (007 movies since 1980 are a good choice) and see if there is still an issue, also check Fox Business News. Not much you can do about MASH reruns however. The DVR does not require a PC 18Gbps HDMI 2.0b cable, but that does not mean there isn't an issue with your old cable. Swap and check.
post #18986 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 4473 Post(s)
Liked: 5485
Quote:
When I updated to FW 04.70.10 ( now running on .36 ), I noticed that there was this new "technicolor Expert" picture mode. I gave it a spin without doing any official metered/Calman calibration.

I tweaked a few of the basic settings such as setting gamma to 2.2, lowering the color a bit and the OLED light - and I then compared - switching back-and-forth between my calibrated ISF Expert ( Dark ) settings - and the new technicolor picture mode - and I could hardly tell any difference. This was awesome news for most of us because we don't have access to the tools or the budget to have our TV's professionally calibrated. This also means that the settings are not affected by panel variances and it keeps everyone out of the White Balance and CMS.

Personally, I've been really happy with the technicolor picture mode, and have also switched to the same named PM for HDR-10 content - this time only lowering the basic color setting to 48.

I have to go to CES next week for biz, but when I get back, I plan to do a full monty calibration using technicolor as the base picture mode. Should be interesting to find out how accurate it really is.
I've found Technicolor to be the most accurate out of all the PM's out of the box but the problem still is that the gamma is off due to panel differences which means that calibration will enhance the overall balance and near black details. The other thing i wanted to point out is that there "can be" huge panel to panel differences. I've done enough sets to 100% confirm that some are high in red some blue, some green. Depends on the panel and when it was calibrated at the factory. I have the scans to back this up. This makes it 100% impossible to use another panels settings which reinforces my advice to just use Technicolor OTB and just adjust the OLED and tru motion and call it a day until you calibrate. Lg has done a great job with this PM so there is no need to mess it up. BTW there is no special processing, it's just the way its set up and calibrated at the factory like any other Expert PM.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #18987 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2165 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunts View Post

1. LG Oled B7A
2. Sony x800
3. Apple TV 4K
4. Fios DVR
6. Harmony Remote

If you have a Harmony remote there is no reason to have and CEC turned on. I have the x3300 and B7A and have no problems sending audio to the x3300 when watching streaming apps on the LG.

on your LG OLED
SIMP LINK on
Power Control other devices Off
Audio should be Optical/ARC

Denon should have CEC off
ARC on

On the Input Assign Settings in Denon setup menu TV Audio should have an X next to it in the HDMI column as shown in the attached pic.

The beauty of the Harmony remote is you can have it turn on/off certain devices in one command. Don't need to use CEC at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Denon Input Assign.PNG
Views:	91
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	2341616  
Culpepper likes this.

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; 01-06-2018 at 01:17 PM.
post #18988 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks aftontrix2. I will check out the USB TV converter. I use Seinnhouser wireless headphones too. I have it connected to a DISH Hopper 3 DVR and can get everything except from my DVD/VCR recorder and a LG UP970 that are connected to my OLED. I have been thru several Seinnhouser wireless headphones thru the years. Here is the present model I use. Little hard on the ears untill I got use to them.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/drahtlo...reo-set-840-tv
These are the ones I use. Very comfortable, if someone walks up and says something to me, I can hear them talk, and the sound the headphones produce is great.

I purchased a new pair of digital Sennheiser and they were not as comfortable so I returned them and found a way to make my old ones work on the new TV. If you need more than one optical output, you can get an optical splitter for $10. That is what I did. It also works great. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #18989 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post
The TV sold in America do not have enough storage space to download tv programs. I am running out of space on the Apps I have downloaded

Neither do the TVs sold in other countries. What they do is hook up a hard drive and then use the DVR functions. The program get recorded on the hard drive.
post #18990 of 36403 Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcountry View Post

What you are seeing is likely the result of upscaling lower resolution content to 4K. Your 1080 OLED will look better simply because the Spectrum content is broadcast closer to the TV's native 1080 resolution and is minimally upscaled, if at all. While I don't use Spectrum, I do have a local friend who does and the quality seems poorer than my Fios service from casual viewing. For the best quality, I recommend setting your Spectrum cable box to the highest progressive scan resolution. If it is only 720p, that explains why it looks worse than the Roku 1080p content.

Grouchy Golf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page