2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 643 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980490Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #19261 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
 
DaveC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid zaoui View Post
What’s VE? And how much they charge you for the calibration ?
jrref had answered your question & wanted to provide you further information. I purchased from VE because they did Q/C on the LG OLED panel, then broke-in the panel for 10 days before calibration. Since I live a great distance from VE, I purchased the option for Q/C, break-in and Calibration (the cost is on their web site). I didn't want to go through panel roulette, as some on this forum have experienced. This is my 3rd TV purchase from VE since 2008, and have been a happy customer.

For my 60+ year old eyes, the OLED LG C7P is the best PQ I've even seen (4K & 1080p content).

LG OLED65C7P, Marantz AV8802A, ATI AT527NC, OPPO UDP-203, Apple TV 4K, Sony C333ES SACD/CD Changer, Thorens TD-190, FIOS TV DVR, URC MX-990

Speakers: FL&FR: M&K S-150THX, C: B&W HTM1, SL&SR: Definitive Tech BPX, SBL&SBR: Definitive Tech BPVX, SW: SVS PC-13, TML&TMR: SVS Prime Elevation
DaveC56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19262 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,640
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
I just purchased Best Buy 2 year warranty for $199 for my 55 C7P that I purchased 27 Nov. I had till January 14th to decide and went for it.
2 years for $200? I suppose to each his own. SquareTrade is $89 for 5 years. Also, a LOT of credit cards these days double your manufacturer's warranty. I bought my C7 on my Discover card, and so I have 2 years warranty anyway (double LG's 1-year) before my SquareTrade kicks in.

I get if you're being (overly, in my opinion) worried about burn-in, but it really unsubstantiated at this point. If I were you I'd go to Best Buy, get that warranty refunded, buy the 5-year from Costco for under half the price, and stop worrying. But that's just me...
WilliamG is offline  
post #19263 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Member
 
rwinston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I almost purchased the 5 year warranty for my 65' B7A this morning ($599) but I realized in 4-5 years a TV with the B7A specs probably won't even cost $600 so what's the point? I think I may do the same and purchase the 2 year warranty, which is still a whopping $349, but for the piece of mind I think it is worth it. I've been really going back and forth for a few days now.

There’s some discussion over in the OLED burn-in thread about some BBs saying they are no longer going to cover burn-in with new extended warranties. So I would make sure to get it in writing that they will cover it if that’s why you are purchasing the warranty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
citsur86 likes this.
rwinston is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19264 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
2 years for $200? I suppose to each his own. SquareTrade is $89 for 5 years. Also, a LOT of credit cards these days double your manufacturer's warranty. I bought my C7 on my Discover card, and so I have 2 years warranty anyway (double LG's 1-year) before my SquareTrade kicks in.

I get if you're being (overly, in my opinion) worried about burn-in, but it really unsubstantiated at this point. If I were you I'd go to Best Buy, get that warranty refunded, buy the 5-year from Costco for under half the price, and stop worrying. But that's just me...
I called Costco today and was told the SquareTrade warranty they offer will only cover sets purchased at their store. When connecting the warranty, I was told the Order number needs to be tied to the warranty. So not sure how to get the $89 Costco Warranty for a Best Buy purchased TV. Did you do this? When and how?

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
citsur86 is offline  
post #19265 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,640
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I called Costco today and was told the SquareTrade warranty they offer will only cover sets purchased at their store. When connecting the warranty, I was told the Order number needs to be tied to the warranty. So not sure how to get the $89 Costco Warranty for a Best Buy purchased TV. Did you do this? When and how?
That is simply not true, and even states so on the web page.

https://www.costco.com/SquareTrade-3....11680336.html

"Costco Members may purchase SquareTrade warranty plans for new TVs bought from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer. "

"When Does Coverage Start

5 Years Total Protection for your TV purchased at a Costco warehouse or from Costco.com
The first 2 years of warranty are covered by Costco or the manufacturer. The 3rd through the 5th years are covered by SquareTrade.

4 Years Total Protection for your TV purchased at any other authorized US retailer
The first year of warranty is covered by the manufacturer. The 2nd through the 4th years are covered by SquareTrade.
"


So you'd get 4 years warranty if you didn't buy it from Costco. I've no idea why Costco reps are SO clueless about this. And yes, I did this. I got my TV from Beach Camera, and then a few weeks later got the Costco-sourced SquareTrade warranty. It's simple. You just go to SquareTrade and put in the serial number, upload the receipt from Beach Camera (or Best Buy or wherever), and you're done.
WilliamG is offline  
post #19266 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,161
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2325 Post(s)
Liked: 4417
A number of off-topic posts removed. Discuss the set, not your favorite cable news channel.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
DrDon is online now  
post #19267 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Member
 
Simanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Posted this in a few other forums looking for help. My LG 55" B7A, purchased late August 2017 from an authorized retailer, has failed twice (in October, and then again in December). Both times the TV refused to turn on, and ultimately required the entire panel to be replaced. I am currently awaiting the second panel replacement to be completed. Each repair takes 2 weeks, so even though I've owned the TV for 4 months, I've actually only been able to use it for 3 months.

Has anyone had this issue happen to them? I am shocked that this expensive device would fail twice in 5-6 months. If it is something I am doing, I want to know and fix the problem.

Folks have suggested a power surge issue. The TV is plugged into a Belkin surge protector, into which many other devices are plugged in. Everything else is in working order. The TV was connected to an Onkyo SR444 via HDMI.

I usually turn the OLED light and contrast up to 100 to counteract ambient light in the room. I don't know if that is affecting it. There is a Pioneer Andrew Jones center speaker in front of the TV -- I don't know if there's some sort of magnet shielding shenanigans affecting the panel.

Any help would be appreciated. As it stands, LG will not replace the TV until it has failed 4 times -- they will continue to try to repair it, even if it requires an entire panel replacement.
Simanick is offline  
post #19268 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
That is simply not true, and even states so on the web page.

https://www.costco.com/SquareTrade-3....11680336.html

"Costco Members may purchase SquareTrade warranty plans for new TVs bought from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer. "

"When Does Coverage Start

5 Years Total Protection for your TV purchased at a Costco warehouse or from Costco.com
The first 2 years of warranty are covered by Costco or the manufacturer. The 3rd through the 5th years are covered by SquareTrade.

4 Years Total Protection for your TV purchased at any other authorized US retailer
The first year of warranty is covered by the manufacturer. The 2nd through the 4th years are covered by SquareTrade.
"


So you'd get 4 years warranty if you didn't buy it from Costco. I've no idea why Costco reps are SO clueless about this. And yes, I did this. I got my TV from Beach Camera, and then a few weeks later got the Costco-sourced SquareTrade warranty. It's simple. You just go to SquareTrade and put in the serial number, upload the receipt from Beach Camera (or Best Buy or wherever), and you're done.
I would love the warranty I buy to cover Burn In, but I simply can't justify $600 vs. $89. I'm going to snatch up this Square Trade warranty and just hope I don't have any burn in issues. Appreciate your help. I had only read the section at the top where it says "Features: 2 Years Costco Concierge Plus 3 Years Extended Protection by SquareTrade = 5 Years Total for TVs purchased through Costco. Each plan covers 1 item only." and interepreted that as "...for TVs purchased through Costco (only).

So my only other question is, what happens if I run into trouble during year 1 that LGs warranty doesn't cover, but a SquareTrade warranty does, will they not cover it?

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |

Last edited by citsur86; 01-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.
citsur86 is offline  
post #19269 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Y2JDMBFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lemont, IL
Posts: 1,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Well I went at lunch, talked to a different sales guy there, but showed him the pictures and explained I wanted an exchange. I don't think he fully understood the issues, or wanted to understand them, lol. He said no problem, just had to run it by the manager, he came back and wanted to send over the salesman on the original ticket to my house to look at it, but I explained the issues were different between my first B7 and the C7 I currently have. He processed the exchange and set up delivery for next Tuesday. I really don't want to wait that long. I may call back and make sure that is the soonest, as all they have to do is pack up the old one and drop off the new one, no installation. I've decided that I will be keeping whatever I end up with, and can always bring the G6 back down from the bedroom if I have to and put the C7 up there.

Sony 75" XBR-75Z9D
Denon AVR-X4400H
(4) Klipsch RP-280FA Dolby Atmos Enabled Towers
(1) Klipsch RP-450CA Center Channel
(1) SVS 12" PC-2000 Subwoofer
Y2JDMBFAN is offline  
post #19270 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
MackGuyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 456
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simanick View Post
Posted this in a few other forums looking for help. My LG 55" B7A, purchased late August 2017 from an authorized retailer, has failed twice (in October, and then again in December). Both times the TV refused to turn on, and ultimately required the entire panel to be replaced. I am currently awaiting the second panel replacement to be completed. Each repair takes 2 weeks, so even though I've owned the TV for 4 months, I've actually only been able to use it for 3 months.

Has anyone had this issue happen to them? I am shocked that this expensive device would fail twice in 5-6 months. If it is something I am doing, I want to know and fix the problem.

Folks have suggested a power surge issue. The TV is plugged into a Belkin surge protector, into which many other devices are plugged in. Everything else is in working order. The TV was connected to an Onkyo SR444 via HDMI.

I usually turn the OLED light and contrast up to 100 to counteract ambient light in the room. I don't know if that is affecting it. There is a Pioneer Andrew Jones center speaker in front of the TV -- I don't know if there's some sort of magnet shielding shenanigans affecting the panel.

Any help would be appreciated. As it stands, LG will not replace the TV until it has failed 4 times -- they will continue to try to repair it, even if it requires an entire panel replacement.
That's definitely a bummer and sorry to hear that. Most surge protectors eventually fail (by design) after repeated high but not extreme spikes, so if it's an old one, you might consider replacing it. Also, heat is bad, so if it's over a fireplace, register, or in a cabinet, that could damage it. Also, if you have a cable, antenna, or satellite TV cable plugged directly into the TV, surges can come in that way. Beyond that, all I can think of would be bad cables with shorts in them or static electricity damage from a really dry environment. Most likely, it's just a lemon.

Preamp/Amps: Anthem AVM60, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5, A-300
Speakers: (7.1.2): Klipsch Reference Premiere / Power Sound Audio S3000i sub
Video: LG OLED65B7A, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Premiere+, Nvidia Shield TV
Room: GIK Acoustics treatments
MackGuyver is offline  
post #19271 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,640
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I would love the warranty I buy to cover Burn In, but I simply can't justify $600 vs. $89. I'm going to snatch up this Square Trade warranty and just hope I don't have any burn in issues. Appreciate your help. I had only read the section at the top where it says "Features: 2 Years Costco Concierge Plus 3 Years Extended Protection by SquareTrade = 5 Years Total for TVs purchased through Costco. Each plan covers 1 item only." and interepreted that as "...for TVs purchased through Costco (only).

So my only other question is, what happens if I run into trouble during year 1 that LGs warranty doesn't cover, but a SquareTrade warranty does, will they not cover it?
The answer is covered in the link:

"4 Years Total Protection for your TV purchased at any other authorized US retailer
The first year of warranty is covered by the manufacturer. The 2nd through the 4th years are covered by SquareTrade."

What would SquareTrade cover that LG does not?

Just again, remember it's 4 years total from a non-Costco vendor. 5 years if you bought from Costco.
WilliamG is offline  
post #19272 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
The answer is covered in the link:

"4 Years Total Protection for your TV purchased at any other authorized US retailer
The first year of warranty is covered by the manufacturer. The 2nd through the 4th years are covered by SquareTrade."

What would SquareTrade cover that LG does not?

Just again, remember it's 4 years total from a non-Costco vendor. 5 years if you bought from Costco.
Purchased the Costco SquareTrade $89 warranty. Still waiting for the email from SquareTrade...

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
citsur86 is offline  
post #19273 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WilliamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,640
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Purchased the Costco SquareTrade $89 warranty. Still waiting for the email from SquareTrade...
I got the email from Squaretrade 2 hours and 6 minutes after ordering from Costco. I just checked (you're welcome).
WilliamG is offline  
post #19274 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Attempted to re-use TV Mount with B7A and now TV is too high

I had an older LG 65" and have upgraded to the B7A.

Looks great, but because the mounting holes are at the bottom, I can't drop the TV anymore without moving the whole mount down on the wall.

Are there any tricks that can help me get it a couple inches lower? Like some sort of bracket extension or something?

I can't be the first person to have this problem, can I?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	776.8 KB
ID:	2343776  
charlesrshell and bigzee3 like this.
superchink is offline  
post #19275 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
I had an older LG 65" and have upgraded to the B7A.

Looks great, but because the mounting holes are at the bottom, I can't drop the TV anymore without moving the whole mount down on the wall.

Are there any tricks that can help me get it a couple inches lower? Like some sort of bracket extension or something?

I can't be the first person to have this problem, can I?
Looks good to me where it is at now.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #19276 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
I had an older LG 65" and have upgraded to the B7A.

Looks great, but because the mounting holes are at the bottom, I can't drop the TV anymore without moving the whole mount down on the wall.

Are there any tricks that can help me get it a couple inches lower? Like some sort of bracket extension or something?

I can't be the first person to have this problem, can I?
Sorry, I forgot to mention which mount I have. It's the Sanus VLF510. Can't post links or I'd link to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 2.23.39 PM.png
Views:	63
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	2343778  
superchink is offline  
post #19277 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
Looks good to me where it is at now.
Everyone has different preferences, I guess?

The middle is quite a bit higher than eye level. The previous TV was already a bit higher than I would have liked but I needed clearance for the large center channel.
superchink is offline  
post #19278 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
Sorry, I forgot to mention which mount I have. It's the Sanus VLF510. Can't post links or I'd link to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
Looks good to me where it is at now.
Here's a pic of the previous setup for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c75627202b4e4382a9f4180625b942c6.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	2343786  
charlesrshell likes this.
superchink is offline  
post #19279 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
Here's a pic of the previous setup for reference.
Looks pretty close to me.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #19280 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Member
 
tones3311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought my C7 65 inch in mid December. Currently have about 250 hours on it so far and loving it. I did notice I have the yellow tinting (piss Stain) going all the way down the left side. Particularly noticeable playing NHL 18 with the white ice. Also have some banding that it is occasionally noticeable in dark backgrounds. I did buy the 5 year best buy warranty here in Canada. What happens if I decide to wait and request a refund say in 2 years. Do they refund me the amount that I originally paid for it?

Hesitant about getting a replacement now mainly due to the pain of boxing it up and bringing it back... Yes I'm lazy.
tones3311 is offline  
post #19281 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Member
 
recca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
Here's a pic of the previous setup for reference.
Have the same issue. Still have it on the stand until I can figure out a resolution. It's really annoying actually.
recca is offline  
post #19282 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
charlesrshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
Everyone has different preferences, I guess?

The middle is quite a bit higher than eye level. The previous TV was already a bit higher than I would have liked but I needed clearance for the large center channel.
Well, if you have to mount the bracket lower it will be easier to do with the old holes for reference. Easier than installing the original mount.
Skytrooper likes this.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
charlesrshell is offline  
post #19283 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,793
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6792 Post(s)
Liked: 6793
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I almost purchased the 5 year warranty for my 65' B7A this morning ($599) but I realized in 4-5 years a TV with the B7A specs probably won't even cost $600 so what's the point? I think I may do the same and purchase the 2 year warranty, which is still a whopping $349, but for the piece of mind I think it is worth it. I've been really going back and forth for a few days now.
Or you can get the square trade for far less......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #19284 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC56 View Post
I purchased from VE because they did Q/C on the LG OLED panel, then broke-in the panel for 10 days before calibration. Since I live a great distance from VE, I purchased the option for Q/C, break-in and Calibration (the cost is on their web site). I didn't want to go through panel roulette, as some on this forum have experienced. This is my 3rd TV purchase from VE since 2008, and have been a happy customer.
I did the same and was also completely satisfied with the service. VE is clear that they're not guaranteeing a perfect panel - I'm cool with that and I certainly haven't gone looking for imperfections. But I figured the break-in, QC, and calibration would at least keep me from getting a real lemon and I haven't been disappointed. Maybe I was lucky with the panel or maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I haven't seen any of the banding or tinting problems that come up here so frequently. The set looks perfect to me.
DaveC56 likes this.
tppytel is offline  
post #19285 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by recca View Post
Have the same issue. Still have it on the stand until I can figure out a resolution. It's really annoying actually.


There is no resolution. Unless you use some flat bar and custom drill holes and then attach that to the mount and TV.

Where the holes are on the chassis and where you mount is not going to ever resolve itself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Houdini415 is offline  
post #19286 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
I had an older LG 65" and have upgraded to the B7A.

Looks great, but because the mounting holes are at the bottom, I can't drop the TV anymore without moving the whole mount down on the wall.

Are there any tricks that can help me get it a couple inches lower? Like some sort of bracket extension or something?

I can't be the first person to have this problem, can I?
Nope. Happened to us. Long story short: we lowered the wall plate. It really wasn't that big a deal. Measure 3 times and drill once!
Skytrooper and sonoftumble like this.
robnalex is offline  
post #19287 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
Here's a pic of the previous setup for reference.
My trick is to get it low enough so it's at eye level and the CH speaker can hide some cables! /\ /\ /\
robnalex is offline  
post #19288 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
met_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Easthampton, MA
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchink View Post
I had an older LG 65" and have upgraded to the B7A.



Looks great, but because the mounting holes are at the bottom, I can't drop the TV anymore without moving the whole mount down on the wall.



Are there any tricks that can help me get it a couple inches lower? Like some sort of bracket extension or something?



I can't be the first person to have this problem, can I?


I dropped mine down about 4 inches by bolting a piece of plywood between the mounting bracket and the tv. Someone asked me for a picture of it a while ago and it’s way back in this thread somewhere.
met_fan is offline  
post #19289 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,518
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2JDMBFAN View Post
So I had my B7 swapped out for a C7 back on December 20th. I was promised a new stock November or December build by the Magnolia Design Center, and of course when it was delivered, they brought out an August build and the box was a bit worn, but it appeared to be new. I questioned this right away to the delivery guys and they told me that if there were any issues, they would exchange with no problem. Well, after about 3 weeks, I have noticed vertical banding in content that I didn't have on the B7, and even worse yellow tint on the left edge and a splotch on the right side. The yellow tint was the main reason for the exchange. Here are some pictures in ISF Dark.





The TV has also been doing this lately randomly, which the B7 never did.



I think I am going to go into Magnolia at lunch and see if they will do one more exchange. I hate playing musical TV's, but I don't think I should accept this one.

I appreciate your input guys.

I am surprised you can see that banding in content. That panel looks really good to me.

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is offline  
post #19290 of 36589 Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I got the email from Squaretrade 2 hours and 6 minutes after ordering from Costco. I just checked (you're welcome).


I got the email and just tried to register it but Best Buy was not an option to chose when it listed where I bought it. I chose ‘Other’ and it now its listed as if I got it at Costco. I did attach my Best Buy receipt. There also doesn’t seem to be anywhere for me to put the serial number.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
citsur86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off