2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 721 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980476Likes

post #21601 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
What Netflix Dolby Vision movie are you watching? I am going to play around with my LG UP970 player and OLED C7P this morning after the wife goes to work.
There was an issue caused by the Dolby implementation that resulted in elevated black levels when playing DV over HDMI from some equipment.
Dolby have produced a fix but apparently the TV manufacturers need to produce an update to remedy the problem.As far as I know LG still need to do that.
charlesrshell likes this.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21602 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by invercom View Post
Sorry if I am asking a question that is known, what is the Dolby Vision issue? I have been playing Dolby Vision content on Netflix both on the Netflix App in the TV and with the Apple TV and it appears ok. I've only had the TV for 2 days so far. A glitch I have noticed is that the Apple TV is detected as a Dolby Vision device irrespective whether the content is Dolby Vision or not. This is an issue with the Apple TV Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate not switching correctly.
Seee my post above.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
post #21603 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
No, I don't think they said Dolby Vision. Wife has the TV tied up. I will check tomorrow for any movies in the Netflix Ultra 4K section for any Dolby Vision versions including Altered Carbon. Thanks for your help, will post back tomorrow.
Performed a Netflix Dolby Vision test. Watched Netflix Altered Carbon that displays the Dolby Vision logo. It appeared to me that I was watching Netflix Dolby Vision coming from my OLED 55C7P TV builtin app (software version 04.70.36) and LG UP970 4K Blu-ray player builtin app (software version 39338.80207.C). First and second pics are from TV. Third and fourth pics are from Blu-ray player. If anyone want me to run some test let me know. Got the TV to myself for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OLED 55C7P Dolby Vision-01.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	2359928   Click image for larger version

Name:	OLED 55C7P Dolby Vision-02.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	548.1 KB
ID:	2359930   Click image for larger version

Name:	UP970 Dobby Vision-1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	641.1 KB
ID:	2359932   Click image for larger version

Name:	UP970 Dobby Vision-2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	2359934  

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21604 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroot View Post
Trying to find a proper forum for this. Thought I’d just throw this out. I am thinking of cutting the cord from satellite and going with OTA and a streaming service. Was looking into a TiVo for OTA, but wasn’t sure how well it all goes with my LG. Would a TiVo work with streaming to it? Has anyone here done something like this and can relate to me how well it works for them?

Thanks for any feedback!
We cut the cord almost 2 years ago. We have a TiVo Roamio OTA that works fine with our 65C7. Even before getting our OLED, we rarely used the TiVo for streaming- preferred Apple TV or Roku.
post #21605 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6570 Post(s)
Liked: 6333
Quote:
Sorry if I am asking a question that is known, what is the Dolby Vision issue? I have been playing Dolby Vision content on Netflix both on the Netflix App in the TV and with the Apple TV and it appears ok. I've only had the TV for 2 days so far. A glitch I have noticed is that the Apple TV is detected as a Dolby Vision device irrespective whether the content is Dolby Vision or not. This is an issue with the Apple TV Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate not switching correctly.

Altered Carbon as far as I know doesn’t exhibit this glitch (it’s not on every title). You will notice it in the beginning of Bright when Will Smith is in the bedroom.
post #21606 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 451
The increase in pq at about my 200 hour mark was so noticeable, that I wonder if this is a designed feature by LG.

Has anyone else noticed the same increase in the pq around the 200 hour mark?

post #21607 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6767 Post(s)
Liked: 6774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickster2 View Post
Agree. I just moved to a 65 B7 from a Panny 58 PZ700U (that I bought from you, actually, if I recall it all correctly). The handling of bad source material and the motion handling are the two things I miss. Other than that, this is better in pretty much every respect.
The part that sucks for consumers is the 50" and under sector has pretty much nothing good in the cheap range, back in the day a 42" Plasma was about $300 and the 50" Plasma was $500. Sure we have TV's now in that range but they are no comparison to a base model plasma....
robnalex likes this.
post #21608 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Had the same issue with either DV and HDR set as the default output in AppleTV and Match Dynamic Range and Frame Rate both on. Apparently the ATV4K expects each individual app to set a flag informing it if the video output is SDR, HDR or DV in order to correctly Match Dynamic Range. IF the App fails to do so then the ATV4K will keep outputting your default format, in your case upscaled DV to your TV.

Most Apps that have updated to include HDR or DV output, Netflix and Prime Video in my case, set these flags appropriately based on the selected video. The Apps that do not are mainly SDR only, Directvnow in my case among several others.

The best work around until all apps are updated to work with the ATV4K match criteria is to set your default output to 4K SDR and let the ATV4K switch to HDR or DV for those shows while still correctly outputting SDR for all other apps and shows.
robnalex and PlanetAVS like this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLED LG 65 C7P - Denon X4000 - XBox One S - Apple TV 4k
post #21609 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM

Wanted to pass on some info if it applies to you. I needed RCA ports from my OLED C7P TV. So I installed a Digital Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo L/R RCA 3.5mm Audio Adapter to the optical digital audio out port on the back of the TV. I have tried most of the Dolby Audio modes from my TV, UP970 Blu-ray player, and DISH TV Hopper 3 DVR and she works. See attached link for the one I have. If someone needs me to test anything let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Conve...ct_top?ie=UTF8

LG OLED 55C7P-U
post #21610 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Wanted to pass on some info if it applies to you. I needed RCA ports from my OLED C7P TV. So I installed a Digital Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo L/R RCA 3.5mm Audio Adapter to the optical digital audio out port on the back of the TV. I have tried most of the Dolby Audio modes from my TV, UP970 Blu-ray player, and DISH TV Hopper 3 DVR and she works. See attached link for the one I have. If someone needs me to test anything let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Conve...ct_top?ie=UTF8
I bought the Monoprice one a few years ago for my Panasonic VT60. I needed it for my Sennheiser Wireless headset. Still works greats with the LG C7. Just annoying that we even have to buy this though.

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System
post #21611 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I bought the Monoprice one a few years ago for my Panasonic VT60. I needed it for my Sennheiser Wireless headset. Still works greats with the LG C7. Just annoying that we even have to buy this though.
I hear ya. Sennheiser Wireless headset is why I needed RCA ports too. Not all these adapters will work. I had to send one back that didn't so tried another one. Sure glad second time was the charm.

LG OLED 55C7P-U
post #21612 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:25 AM

Is there a way to force a software update in the OLED TVs? I do not want to use the USB method. My 55C7P-U has version 04.70.36 and I know there is a 04.70.50 that is available. Someone in the LG UP970 4K Blu-Ray Player Owners Thread posted a method to force the player to update to a newer software version if there is one available. I used it and it worked good to upgrade my UP970.

LG OLED 55C7P-U
post #21613 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 123
This is a two part question. Can HDMI 2.1 with eARC be implemented via a software update or is that a hardware feature? If it’s a software feature, hopefully LG will add it in the near future.

I am asking for one particular reason. I plan on upgrading to a 5.1 soundbar system. My original plan was to run my ATV 4K, cable box, and Oppo directly to the TV via HDMI and use the ARC port from the TV directly to the soundbar. BUT, after doing some research, reading, and talking to more knowledgeable people then myself on the forum, it seems that to get the best sound, I should connect all my devices to the soundbar first, then run the HDMI out from the soundbar to the TV.

IF eARC can be added, I can just go with my original plan and just deal with the “watered down” sound until it’s available because eARC will allow uncompressed sound (ATMOS, DTS:X) via ARC. If not, I would have no choice but to go through the soundbar first. That brings me to my second question. Is the uncompressed sound I would get buy going through the soundbar dramatically better?

I only want to do this setup once, if possible. Thanks in advance!

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950

Last edited by PlasmaHiDef; 02-12-2018 at 08:32 AM.
post #21614 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroot View Post
Trying to find a proper forum for this. Thought I’d just throw this out. I am thinking of cutting the cord from satellite and going with OTA and a streaming service. Was looking into a TiVo for OTA, but wasn’t sure how well it all goes with my LG. Would a TiVo work with streaming to it? Has anyone here done something like this and can relate to me how well it works for them?

Thanks for any feedback!
I'm still using a Plasma(looking at OLED's however)I am a cord cutter using a Tivo Roamio OTA.I like it a lot for OTA broadcasts and recordings.The highest resolution you could possibly get is 1080p(I doubt we get that)The picture we do get is outstanding on HD channels.

As far as streaming,I use an Nvidia Shield, the Tivo is not very good for that.

There is an HDTV sub forum that will help you greatly.
post #21615 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Is there a way to force a software update in the OLED TVs? I do not want to use the USB method. My 55C7P-U has version 04.70.36 and I know there is a 04.70.50 that is available. Someone in the LG UP970 4K Blu-Ray Player Owners Thread posted a method to force the player to update to a newer software version if there is one available. I used it and it worked good to upgrade my UP970.
You have the newest publicly available. I have 04.70.50, but that was installed at the factory on a C7P TV builtin in 2018. Otherwise we are all waiting on LG to release it or a potentially a newer variant to the wild.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLED LG 65 C7P - Denon X4000 - XBox One S - Apple TV 4k
post #21616 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
This is a two part question. Can HDMI 2.1 with eARC be implemented via a software update or is that a hardware feature? If it’s a software feature, hopefully LG will add it in the near future.

I am asking for one particular reason. I plan on upgrading to a 5.1 soundbar system. My original plan was to run my ATV 4K, cable box, and Oppo directly to the TV via HDMI and use the ARC port from the TV directly to the soundbar. BUT, after doing some research, reading, and talking to more knowledgeable people then myself on the forum, it seems that to get the best sound, I should connect all my devices to the soundbar first, then run the HDMI out from the soundbar to the TV.

IF eARC can be added, I can just go with my original plan and just deal with the “watered down” sound until it’s available because eARC will allow uncompressed sound (ATMOS, DTS:X) via ARC. If not, I would have no choice but to go through the soundbar first. That brings me to my second question. Is the uncompressed sound I would get buy going through the soundbar dramatically better?

Read this https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1516615699

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PlasmaHiDef likes this.
post #21617 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesalius View Post
You have the newest publicly available. I have 04.70.50, but that was installed at the factory on a C7P TV builtin in 2018. Otherwise we are all waiting on LG to release it or a potentially a newer variant to the wild.
OK, thanks.

LG OLED 55C7P-U
post #21618 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisegenerator View Post
Hello everyone,

Have an LG B7 55" and have been using the built-in Netflix app.

When I start a show, the audio channel for background music etc seems at normal levels, but the voice channel is very low level. Seems here like it is using Dolby 5.1

So going into the Audio and Options feature of the Netflix app, you can select the Audio output to be either English (Dolby 5.1) or just English.

When just English is selected, the full audio channel of voice and background music is at the expected levels.

My amplifier is connected via optical audio cable to the LG B7.

The issue is that whenever you start a new show, it always defaults to English (Dolby 5.1)

As I don't have a full Dolby 5.1 set-up as yet (next purchase), I want the Audio option to default to English only.

At the moment, I have to select a show, then go into the Audio Options applet in Netflix and select English only. The applet then recompiles the audio stream (can be evidenced by the spinning circle whilst it counts up to 100%), and then the show starts playing with the English only audio stream.

Any ideas on how to set the Audio stream to English only in the Netflix app on an LG B7 55"...??

Thanks.
I have the same issue. It is very random and i don't know the fix. It just starts working again but i cant figure out a pattern.
post #21619 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2084 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
Even if you could do this it could be risky. The UP970 workaround was to set your location to a different country, and then pull down the firmware upgrade. Since the LG OLED series are different in various countries, you might be applying a patch meant for a different country version than your panel. It might not create problems as others have tried applying "foreign" patches in the past via USB but then again it might create a problem
charlesrshell and alexbarbel like this.
post #21620 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickster2 View Post
It looks sooooooooooo good tho. Story is ridiculous and acting is just as bad, but holy crap is it pretty.

We are 2 episodes in and yes this is a great example of HDR what amazing colors and range, but the story well that is leaving a lot to be desired, slow and boring so far. If it were not for the eye candy HDR I think I would have bailed after first episode. I know I am in the minority looking at IMDB reviews.

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #21621 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by glader60 View Post
have you tried cordcutterforum dot com

For LG TV content in this post; there is a bunch of IPTV channels on the TV w/ the built in app, or just connect an antenna to the TV if you live near a city.
Thanks! Will check it out!

LG OLED65B7P
LG UP970
Yamaha RX-V483
Apple ATV
post #21622 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Even if you could do this it could be risky. The UP970 workaround was to set your location to a different country, and then pull down the firmware upgrade. Since the LG OLED series are different in various countries, you might be applying a patch meant for a different country version than your panel. It might not create problems as others have tried applying "foreign" patches in the past via USB but then again it might create a problem
@PlanetAVS is right and just because someone has a set with a newer firmware (.50) version, doesn't mean it's available on any of LG's update servers. It's quite normal for all tech companies to put newer firmware on devices weeks or months prior to pushing it out on their update servers. Oftentimes, they'll even skip an update or two before pushing it out as well. It's $2,000+ TV, personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Preamp/Amps: Anthem AVM60, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5, A-300
Speakers: (7.1.2): Klipsch Reference Premiere / Power Sound Audio S3000i sub
Video: LG OLED65B7A, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Premiere+, Nvidia Shield TV
Room: GIK Acoustics treatments
post #21623 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2084 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
Read this https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1516615699

As mentioned in the article in the link, it's possible that we'll get an eARC firmware update but it's too early to know. The other consideration is that we won't see any real world benefits to it until content providers start providing lossless sound. None of the major streaming services (Netflix etc.) have announced any plans and it's unlikely we'll see it soon. ATSC 3.0 will offer the capacity for lossless sound but it will be up to the various TV stations to implement it (testing is starting in Phoenix this spring). You could get immediate benefit from it via your OPPO but that would be it.

Depending on the complexity of your TV mounting, it really isn't that difficult to resetup your devices directly to your TV. I'd suggest you send your devices to your soundbar for now and revisit it if/when all of the above capabilities hit the market.

For your 2nd question, it would depend on the sound quality of the soundbar you're going with. The higher the quality of soundbar the more noticeable the difference will be.
PlasmaHiDef likes this.
post #21624 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
It really depends, AVS has the HDTV section for OTA and you can try the Networked Media Tank section for streaming services. Reddit also has a dedicated subreddit to cordcutters with lots of useful information.
I had heard of Reddit, but didn’t know what it was. Will check. Thanks!

LG OLED65B7P
LG UP970
Yamaha RX-V483
Apple ATV
post #21625 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The part that sucks for consumers is the 50" and under sector has pretty much nothing good in the cheap range, back in the day a 42" Plasma was about $300 and the 50" Plasma was $500. Sure we have TV's now in that range but they are no comparison to a base model plasma....
I am guessing the low margins and bargain basement knock off names. Names like Toshine and Westinghouse that have sold the rights to their names to low cost manufacturers to help cash in with the name recognition has really hurt the business at the low and middle ranges. Now add in TCL and Vizio and is he mid range is next to fall. This is why Panasonic left the US market, flooded with cheap throw away TVs for the average consumer that watches in Vivid mode.

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #21626 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
I'm still using a Plasma(looking at OLED's however)I am a cord cutter using a Tivo Roamio OTA.I like it a lot for OTA broadcasts and recordings.The highest resolution you could possibly get is 1080p(I doubt we get that)The picture we do get is outstanding on HD channels.

As far as streaming,I use an Nvidia Shield, the Tivo is not very good for that.

There is an HDTV sub forum that will help you greatly.
Excellent. Thanks. I am thinking of checking out the TiVo Roamio for OTA. I wondered if it could record streaming services, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

LG OLED65B7P
LG UP970
Yamaha RX-V483
Apple ATV
post #21627 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcurlsjr View Post
Any PS4 pro owners out there experiencing intermittent black screens or brief flashes of a white snow?

I?ve had the B7 for a few weeks now and it is driving me nuts. I?ve tried switching HDMI ports and cables?it seems like it could be a handshake issue.

It only occurs on the PlayStation, hasn?t happened once on the Apple TV 4k.
I have had the same issues with my PS4 Pro. Reddit forums say to change the resolution on the PS4 Pro from Auto to YUV420. I made the change but haven't played any games since so don't know if it worked. Should know later this week though.
post #21628 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
We are 2 episodes in and yes this is a great example of HDR what amazing colors and range, but the story well that is leaving a lot to be desired, slow and boring so far. If it were not for the eye candy HDR I think I would have bailed after first episode. I know I am in the minority looking at IMDB reviews.
Well, it's obvious to me that we now have a sizable contingent that is more interested in effects than content. That's their choice, of course, but in the end, a pig wrapped in a gold blanket is still a pig. Don't misunderstand, I like good science fiction, when it's well done, and the story can stand on it's own without special effects being it's sole reason for existence.
robnalex likes this.
post #21629 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Well, it's obvious to me that we now have a sizable contingent that is more interested in effects than content. That's their choice, of course, but in the end, a pig wrapped in a gold blanket is still a pig. Don't misunderstand, I like good science fiction, when it's well done, and the story can stand on it's own without special effects being it's sole reason for existence.

I would watch a turd melt on a hot sidewalk if it was in 4K Dolby Vision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #21630 of 36535 Old 02-12-2018, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, first off just wanted to say that almost 10 years to the day I bought it I replaced my Kuro 5080 with a B7A, only because there are a lot of people talking about their old plasmas and a lot of former Kuro owners in here. I dealt with 720p for so long just because I loved that picture so much and was unwilling to upgrade until something could match it (and was reasonably priced).

Anyway I've been fiddling with settings since I got it last Wednesday, and I've also been fiddling with the new receiver that I had to get alongside it (Yamaha RX-V681), going back and forth between this thread and the owners thread for the receiver trying to consolidate them. One thing is that the receiver allows Chroma 4:4:4 passthrough and a lot of people talk about enabling it in the receiver thread, but there's very little chatter about setting the B7A to PC Mode to use 4:4:4 in this thread. In my reading here and in other places it seems most people prefer to not use PC Mode unless actually connecting to a PC, since you lose out on some features for little actual gain (and some say a potential downgrade).

My question is about the Black Level setting in Picture Options, in PC Mode you can set it to Auto and that was working great, outside PC Mode you must set it to either Low or High. I've read that the Low setting is for handling Limited RGB and the High setting is for Full RGB, and I thought I should just match it to whatever is doing the inputting; however I've also read that TVs should always be set to Low (the settings posted here seem to corroborate that) and you should use brightness and contrast to "fix" any crushed blacks, but somehow that feels wrong to me. So basically should I be setting the TV to match the RGB output of all the things that are inputting to it or should I set the TV to Low and reconfigure everything to use Limited RGB?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page