2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 744 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980596Likes

post #22291 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Carter View Post
Hi guys

I'm a happy owner of the C7 since last summer. few months ago i noticed some "glitch" while watching movies. The image becomes pixelated (1sec or so)

It is not happening randomly in the movie but at a certain time (I mean if I replay the moment while it occurs, it'll glitch the same way it did the fist time). the movies affected are 4k movies played from hdd.

It is not the HDD because I tested it with plex (with the lg player) and it happened too. I tried on my computer and it appears that the issue is not there, Maybe the LG player ? the files are big ones, around 50-70gb.

I can't post links to show you what it looks like because it is my first post.

Thanks.
Seems might be the bitrate is too high and reached a bottleneck in your set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22292 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post
I didn't see that the $160 apple TV at best buy was not 4k. :embarrassed: Sorry for spreading the wrong news. But like you all say they do have the 4k version for $180.

If you're looking to cut the cord, DirectTV NOW has an offer --- prepay the first 3 months ($35/month) and get a free ATV4k
post #22293 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobbb View Post
So what does this mean on my B7A when I see this?
That does not even look like the normal Dolby Vision indicator I see. And I never see a Dolby Atmos indicator. I send DD+/Atmos from the internal B7A Netflix app over ARC to my Denon AVR. It reports Atmos.

You would happen to be playing the internal LG Dolby App would you? Perhaps it is displaying that.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22294 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobbb View Post
So what does this mean on my B7A when I see this?
I've seen this on my B7A as well. If I disable ARC and enable the Atmos setting in the audio menu, I see the Atmos badge when viewing Atmos enabled streaming content using the TV speakers. I think it is just downmixing the Atmos signal to work with our non-Atmos internal speakers. It is just indicating that the audio source has Atmos encoding. As soon as I enable ARC, I don't get the Atmos badge but I get the Atmos indicator on my Denon AVR.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #22295 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6728 Post(s)
Liked: 6574
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
That does not even look like the normal Dolby Vision indicator I see. And I never see a Dolby Atmos indicator. I send DD+/Atmos from the internal B7A Netflix app over ARC to my Denon AVR. It reports Atmos.

You would happen to be playing the internal LG Dolby App would you? Perhaps it is displaying that.

It’s totally normal....disable ARC see if it comes up.
post #22296 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
Many thanks for that. I'm getting 81Mbps down, which I reckon is not too shabby.
If you're paying for 50 it's spectacular! If you're paying for 100 it's not so good.
post #22297 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
just joined AVS forums and im on the fence about buying b7. ive heard that game mode hdr is broken and i wanted to know if the firmware that ships with the tv is prior to the update that broke hdr. also what firmare update number exactly is the game mode hdr one?
post #22298 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am using ARC. When I watch the Dolby Demos in the TV, I get DV and Atmos with no problem. When I try to watch a Netflix title with both (say, Okja) I only get DV. I don't even get the Atmos icon. But, when I turn off ARC and turn the internal speakers back on, the ATMOS icon appears. Why is ARC working with the DEMOS but not Netflix? I chatted with Netflix but everything on their end appeared correct. Thoughts? I really don't want to run an optical cable 25 feet.

LG OLED65C7P - Onkyo TX-RZ710 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup -Definitive Pro Center 2000 - Klipsch ICON WF-34 Fronts - Klipsch ICON WB-14 Rears - Monoprice Caliber 8 Ceiling - Klipsch R‑12SWi - LG UP970 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - Logitech Harmony Elite
post #22299 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
I am using ARC. When I watch the Dolby Demos in the TV, I get DV and Atmos with no problem. When I try to watch a Netflix title with both (say, Okja) I only get DV. I don't even get the Atmos icon. But, when I turn off ARC and turn the internal speakers back on, the ATMOS icon appears. Why is ARC working with the DEMOS but not Netflix? I chatted with Netflix but everything on their end appeared correct. Thoughts? I really don't want to run an optical cable 25 feet.
I have no issues with Netflix and Atmos via ARC to my Denon AVR. FYI, optical will not pass DD+ (it's limited to DD 5.1/DTS), thus it will not pass Atmos, so HDMI with ARC is the only option currently to get Atmos working with external decoder.

I assume you have the correct Netflix plan that includes 4K streaming? Since you mentioned you get DV, I would assume so, but other than that, I have no idea why it would not work from Netflix app. Try a couple of other shows that have Atmos (Death Note, Wheelman etc) to see if you get Atmos there.

Also, on AVR, make sure you are not selecting some matrix based sound processing (like DTS Neural X etc) - the source's (TV Audio) sound format should be set to Dolby Atmos (it should be one of the available selections if Atmos metadata is detected in sound stream).

LG OLED 55C6P | LG OLED 65B7A | Denon AVR-X8500H | Denon AVR X4300H | Parasound 2125, Monolith X7 and ATI 1506 Amps | Definitive Technology Speakers /w Earthquake SuperNova MKV-12 with 9.1.4 Atmos | LG UP970 and Oppo 203 UHD Players | Nvidia Shield | ATV4K | Roku Ultra | Amazon FireTV

Last edited by TohaLA; 02-20-2018 at 02:40 PM.
post #22300 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohaLA View Post
I have no issues with Netflix and Atmos via ARC to my Denon AVR. FYI, optical will not pass DD+ (it's limited to DD 5.1/DTS), thus it will not pass Atmos, so HDMI with ARC is the only option currently to get Atmos working with external decoder.

I assume you have the correct Netflix plan that includes 4K streaming? Since you mentioned you get DV, I would assume so, but other than that, I have no idea why it would not work from Netflix app. Try a couple of other shows that have Atmos (Death Note, Wheelman etc) to see if you get Atmos there.

Also, on AVR, make sure you are not selecting some matrix based sound processing (like DTS Neural X etc) - the source's (TV Audio) sound format should be set to Dolby Atmos (it should be one of the available selections if Atmos metadata is detected in sound stream).
True... Forgot about that.

Yes. I tried every title. Netflix confirmed my plan and when I turn on the internal I get the ATMOS icon.

I do nothing to the selection. When I watch the internal Dolby DEMO the receiver says "ATMOS". When I switch to Netflix (Just using the TV, so not touching the AVR at all) it says "Dolby Surround" and the ATMOS icon is not there on Netflix. For some reason Netflix is not detecting the receiver's ATMOS capability.

I noticed something else... When I'm watching the native apps, I don't see the OSD from the receiver. I don't know if the two are related

LG OLED65C7P - Onkyo TX-RZ710 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup -Definitive Pro Center 2000 - Klipsch ICON WF-34 Fronts - Klipsch ICON WB-14 Rears - Monoprice Caliber 8 Ceiling - Klipsch R‑12SWi - LG UP970 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - Logitech Harmony Elite

Last edited by torkibe; 02-20-2018 at 02:56 PM.
post #22301 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealdave97 View Post
just joined AVS forums and im on the fence about buying b7. ive heard that game mode hdr is broken and i wanted to know if the firmware that ships with the tv is prior to the update that broke hdr. also what firmare update number exactly is the game mode hdr one?
It's not broken, been gaming with HDR ever since the Xb1X came out and never an issue. There's a small issue with DV and black levels but there's no DV games, so....
Datagg likes this.
post #22302 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Just an FYI, you can't get Atmos through optical so that would not be your solution
post #22303 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Yes. I tried every title. Netflix confirmed my plan and when I turn on the internal I get the ATMOS icon.

I do nothing to the selection. When I watch the internal Dolby DEMO the receiver says "ATMOS". When I switch to Netflix (Just using the TV, so not touching the AVR at all) it says "Dolby Surround" and the ATMOS icon is not there on Netflix. For some reason Netflix is not detecting the receiver's ATMOS capability.
Try uninstalling Netflix app from TV and install it again. Instructions are here (not sure if it would help, but worth a try):
http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...5795027-others

LG OLED 55C6P | LG OLED 65B7A | Denon AVR-X8500H | Denon AVR X4300H | Parasound 2125, Monolith X7 and ATI 1506 Amps | Definitive Technology Speakers /w Earthquake SuperNova MKV-12 with 9.1.4 Atmos | LG UP970 and Oppo 203 UHD Players | Nvidia Shield | ATV4K | Roku Ultra | Amazon FireTV
post #22304 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

There is no issue. HDR gaming is awesome. I have a PS4 Pro and a C7. Even an old game like Resogun looks spectacular in HDR. Horizon Zero Dawn....awesome.
post #22305 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:

I noticed something else... When I'm watching the native apps, I don't see the OSD from the receiver. I don't know if the two are related
I can't speak to Onkyo, but Denon models do not show OSD with 4K content. You might look into what Onkyo says about their receivers.
post #22306 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7019 Post(s)
Liked: 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini415 View Post
I’m always baffled when people have their equipment this close but don’t think to hardwire.
Oh I hard wire when ever I can.......
Datagg likes this.
post #22307 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 72
so today i did another quick calibration to the gamma this time trying to archive a flat 2.2, I recommend to all that if the image in 2.4 is a bit dark try a good flat gamma 2.2 this will give you excellent results while keeping a lot of details and the image with the depth of always.

and the best thing is that I can maintain the brightness at 50
post #22308 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohaLA View Post
Try uninstalling Netflix app from TV and install it again. Instructions are here (not sure if it would help, but worth a try):
http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...5795027-others
Tried that. No luck.

post #22309 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 1464
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiemo View Post
I'm using ARC using a Denon X6400H receiver. I remember having some issues getting it working. I read that you have to enable HDMI-CEC (known as Simplink or HDMI control on various equipment) to get ARC working. After enabling them on both my TV and receiver, I ran setup on my receiver again and it worked. I haven't had any problems since.
You were right, ARC was not turned on with the receiver. Got it turned on both devices, still not working right. Not losing sleep over it, playing the LG apps through my HT system isn't a big deal.
post #22310 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:

***UPDATE***

I just read some users on another forum reporting the same issue after the latest firmware update, which makes sense since I'm pretty sure it worked prior to the last update. I told myself NOT to update because it always causes problems, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And then I did it anyway!!! The workaround for now is turn off ARC, start the movie, and then turn ARC back on.

post #22311 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
***UPDATE***

I just read some users on another forum reporting the same issue after the latest firmware update, which makes sense since I'm pretty sure it worked prior to the last update. I told myself NOT to update because it always causes problems, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And then I did it anyway!!! The workaround for now is turn off ARC, start the movie, and then turn ARC back on.
Which firmware version are you running?

post #22312 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
ive heard that game mode hdr is broken
It's certainly not broken, but it is a bit dimmer overall than other manufacturers' HDR Game Mode implementations and from LG's earlier implementation. The problem is that content creation, mastering, and display for video games is not well-defined from end to end. Also, major video games takes years of development and HDR has only been stabilizing over the last year or two. LG's Game Mode in the newer firmwares takes an approach that resolves more near-black detail at the cost of a slightly dimmer picture. The impact of this approach varies depending on the particular game (again, because none of this is standardized yet). I've only played around a little with HDR games on my PS4 Pro. FF15 looked great with no special settings or accommodations required. Horizon Zero Dawn looked a little too dim in places (in part because of the way lighting is coded in the game, apart from any HDR considerations). But after bumping Dynamic Contrast up to Medium and dimming the room lights, it looked terrific.

Overall, I don't think the supposedly "broken" HDR Game Mode should be a deal-breaker for most people with typical usage patterns. But if you're planning to play HDR games for hours on end every single day and demand doing so in a bright room, maybe the B7 isn't the best choice. But for very heavy, near-constant gaming use, there are lingering image retention and burn-in concerns for OLED's anyway. For that use case, an LED may be the better choice for those reasons anyway.
post #22313 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:

Unrelated, and working correctly. The video is not handled by the receiver for native apps. With native apps only the audio flows from the TV to the AVR, but nothing is flowing from the AVR to the TV.
post #22314 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:

Can't help you with your ATMOS problem, but as far as I know, anything originating from your TV will not give you a On Screen Display. I believe all receivers behave the same. That includes your Rooftop Antenna if you are using one. I know, it's a bummer.

TV - LG 65B7P OLED / Receiver - Yamaha RX-A1040 7.2 / Blu Ray - Oppo BDP-83 / Turntable - Technics SL-3300 / Cable Box - Comcast X1 V4 4K /L & R Paradigm Studio 20 V3
Center - Paradigm CC-470 V3 / 4 Surrounds - Paradigm SA-15 V3 In Walls
Subwoofer 1 - Sunfire HRS-12 / Subwoofer 2 - Paradigm PW-2100
post #22315 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post
Not sure if anyone can help me with this or not. I have a 65” C7P being delivered in 10 days so. I would really like to use my existing mount, simply because it will be easier. My concern is the lower mount point from my current Sharp LC70LE660U (it held a Panasonic GT60 before that...ex took it in the divorce!) and the possibility of the rails peeking out from the bottom of the LG.

Here is my mount: https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

...will I need a new mount?
No way to know without measuring. We're using an older mount for our 65C7P and there is some overhang at the bottom, but we hide it with a center channel speaker.
post #22316 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Oh I hard wire when ever I can.......
If you have a hard wire that lasts longer than..., call your Doctor.
william06, Datagg and Ricker62 like this.
post #22317 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldprof View Post
My mount is very much like that. I have a 55C7. No problem, just mount the tv lower on the brackets if necessary. Just be sure you have the correct size bolts as the LG mounts use smaller ones than some other sets such as my previous Samsung.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post
No way to know without measuring. We're using an older mount for our 65C7P and there is some overhang at the bottom, but we hide it with a center channel speaker.
Thank you to both of you. I may just end up breaking down and getting the LG specific mount. At the very least, it looks like it will make it easy to access the cables by allowing me to pull it away from the wall and then allowing me to move it back afterwards.
post #22318 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post
Thank you to both of you. I may just end up breaking down and getting the LG specific mount. At the very least, it looks like it will make it easy to access the cables by allowing me to pull it away from the wall and then allowing me to move it back afterwards.
Read the reviews for the LG mount. While most seem to like it, several said it was difficult to pull the TV away from the wall to access the cables.
post #22319 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone else have 04.70.55?
post #22320 of 36881 Old 02-20-2018, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post
Read the reviews for the LG mount. While most seem to like it, several said it was difficult to pull the TV away from the wall to access the cables.
While I have not mounted my LG I have mounted Panny 65VT60, Vizio P65 and Sony X900E on this great Monoprice mount

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8587

LG 77 C9 (Also LG 65 C7 and Sony XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page