2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 835 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980774Likes

post #25021 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6186 Post(s)
Liked: 5661
I spent last night trying to tweak my C7 settings...Technicolor is indeed the best (outside of a pro calibration)...I finally got a an image I'm 99% satisfied with...I was using Cinema (User) since the time I got the set back in July but Technicolor is definitely better...Cinema is a bit brighter...not a bad image but overall Technicolor is king...it's pretty much exactly the same as ISF Dark (with the same settings) but after trying out multiple different Blu-rays and TV content (Game of Thrones Season 7) I finally found a scene where the difference between Technicolor and ISF Dark actually shows itself clearly

it's the movie The Revenant...I didn't write down the timestamp but it's very early when you see embers of a fire burning up towards the dark sky...Technicolor is slightly brighter or more detailed then ISF Dark...literally that's the only content where I can see a pronounced difference...the problem with how I was tweaking my settings earlier was that I was trying to keep OLED Light under 35 as I heard that's when ABL is either eliminated or very drastically reduced...but I found that by doing that I was keeping the image too dark...so now with Technicolor Mode I have all my other picture settings tweaked almost exactly the same as with Cinema (User) but I just raised OLED Light to 37 which I found to be excellent...so in order of best to worst Picture Mode- 1) Technicolor 2) ISF 3) Cinema...the other modes don't even deserve a mention

how does Technicolor's upcoming Advanced HDR work?...will it be able to be used in place of standard HDR?...is it a substitute for HDR+?...or is it a separate HDR format altogether like Dolby Vision?...does it have the potential to be better then Dolby Vision?
bigzee3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25022 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there a way to turn wifi off, on the C7P?

Hello,

I currently have my set connected via Cat6 cable, however, I see wifi is still turned on (as it says 'not connected' under network, and comes up as a 'new device' with Xfinity's xFi app every time I turn the television on). Is there a way to turn wifi off, as I have the set hardwired?
post #25023 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
It differs per panel. It's quite apparent in Bladerunner because it has many near black scenes and I have some banding in the right center of the screen that is hard to miss. It's fairly rare to see, but this movie has a lot of near black scenes that bring it out. I don't appreciate you belittling my view of the movie on my screen. I'm not nitpicking.

Some people have better panels than I. I've heard it's less of an issue with 55's.
There's my 5% grey, 10% grey, and 20%. The 5% shows some zippers on the far right side of the panel and obvious thin vertical banding throughout, but it is not as bad in person as the picture exposes it to be. I'm actually kind of happy with the 10 and 20 though.

Yes near black scenes will show this issue. I actually noticed it in a movie last night. And if you search 'Near Black OLED' in YouTube a video called OLED killer near black test will come up lol. It makes it pretty obvious.

If you go back to the early parts of this thread you see people posting 5% grey slides with the same banding issues. Many much worse than anything I posted. I think I did kind of ok in the panel lottery

I try to be objective, but it seems a lot of people are blindly defending the sets yet they refuse to look at a 5% grey test. I know, I know, ignorance is bliss. But I'm not afraid to look and I love this set despite these issues - still the best tv I've ever owned

I watched that Space Walk 5K video on YouTube someone here suggested and it is am awesome display for perfect blacks. This set has no problems with jaw dropping perfect black representation and nothing but OLED can do that so I'll take the tradeoff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
TravisPNW likes this.

What is the meaning of life?
https://www.iamsecond.com/film/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25024 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Ok here’s a few games that you’d struggle to play with lights on in HDR, backlight set to max:

1.) Forza Horizon 3
2.) PUBG Xbox One X.

PUBG is very hard to play in anything but a dark room.

In SDR this content is much brighter.
Do you have specific examples of how PUBG is hard to play? I only have 12 hours on it, but I've played it on Game Mode at various times (not just a dark room), got a handful of chicken dinners and usually place top 20, and can't think of any situation that I'd describe as "hard to play."
post #25025 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi all, I currently have a Sony 65ZD9 which i am very happy with but im tempted to come over to the OLED party and the LG C7 , is there anyone in here who switched the same way?

Think im just needing that last minute push to make me sell the Sony as i have only had it 6 months but just wonder if i will prefer the OLED.

Thanks!
post #25026 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
There's my 5% grey, 10% grey, and 20%. The 5% shows some zippers on the far right side of the panel and obvious thin vertical banding throughout, but it is not as bad in person as the picture exposes it to be. I'm actually kind of happy with the 10 and 20 though.

Yes near black scenes will show this issue. I actually noticed it in a movie last night. And if you search 'Near Black OLED' in YouTube a video called OLED killer near black test will come up lol. It makes it pretty obvious.

If you go back to the early parts of this thread you see people posting 5% grey slides with the same banding issues. Many much worse than anything I posted. I think I did kind of ok in the panel lottery

I try to be objective, but it seems a lot of people are blindly defending the sets yet they refuse to look at a 5% grey test. I know, I know, ignorance is bliss. But I'm not afraid to look and I love this set despite these issues - still the best tv I've ever owned

I watched that Space Walk 5K video on YouTube someone here suggested and it is am awesome display for perfect blacks. This set has no problems with jaw dropping perfect black representation and nothing but OLED can do that so I'll take the tradeoff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's a pretty solid set imo!
gamermwm likes this.
post #25027 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Is it true that turning edge enhancer on means it is off and vice versa?
This was mentioned on rtings.
post #25028 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThierryXN View Post
Do you have specific examples of how PUBG is hard to play? I only have 12 hours on it, but I've played it on Game Mode at various times (not just a dark room), got a handful of chicken dinners and usually place top 20, and can't think of any situation that I'd describe as "hard to play."
Go switch HDR off on your XBOX, turn the backlight to 100. That’s the best I can tell you. The difference is starggering. You’ll also get more chicken dinners since you’ll see people more easily.
post #25029 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
It differs per panel. It's quite apparent in Bladerunner because it has many near black scenes and I have some banding in the right center of the screen that is hard to miss. It's fairly rare to see, but this movie has a lot of near black scenes that bring it out. I don't appreciate you belittling my view of the movie on my screen. I'm not nitpicking.

Some people have better panels than I. I've heard it's less of an issue with 55's.
Excuse me, but I was clearly responding to rbf1138 not you. My response made no mention of your views on anything, but, if you think that my saying that "some folks will nitpick anything" is not true, then you need to read more of the posts here.

To recap, I posted that I liked what I saw when I watched 2049, whereupon you immediately told me what I should have been watching out for. If your set is unsatisfactory, then that's for you to deal with. My set has not displayed any issues when viewing content, and no, I do not run slides to look for them.
Greg TB and TravisPNW like this.
post #25030 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Someone needs to answer this for me. I’ve looked all over the internet and see reports of “these TVs are dim in HDR game mode now” but having owned one and playing multiple HDR games without seeing the picture as dim I’m confused. A couple games have screwed up HDR modes patched in that have poor shadow detail in a few scenes or raised black levels but there is nothing dim or dark about it. The only information I’ve seen says that some games are graded for 1000nits and others to 4000 or 10,000 and the latter are the ones with issues. However, I cannot find which games are which.
Games are usually not even graded.
Therein lays the majority of the problem.

Most games will take whatever you throw at them in terms of brightness. Add an hdr mode on top of that and it can play havoc with some brands choice of tone mapping.

Some newer releases are wising up to the need for internal hdr calibration settings (paper white and peak white) to help over come the side effects and limitations of tone mappers on television sets, however since there is no set standard for this in gaming it isn’t widely supported.

What ends up happening on the lgs is he over all specular detail highlighting will be muted down in favor of trying to rectify detail that may exist within it and the picture will lose much of its hdr “pop” as a result. It’s a compromise that nobody really asked for that has detrimental affects on presentation depending on the game and how they have chosen to implement their hdr support.

That’s not to say you cannot enjoy or like how it looks, it’s saying that the hdr game mode does “suffer” from reduced brightness in peak areas because of how the tv interprets the incoming hdr signal while in game mode.

dynaimic contrast somewhat helps return the look of the peak highlights, but since it’s already being compromised as an incoming hdr signal by the tone mapper it’s not really rectifying anything. It’s simply giving the preception of increased brightness by allowing the tv to ignore near white detail.

It’s a bandaid that offers its own set of compromise on top of an already compromised presentation.
Neoshinta likes this.

Last edited by rego00123; 03-22-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Mobil phone corrections.
post #25031 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

You sound just like me when I ran my tests the other day after 350 hours.

Attached are my 5% and 10% and just like you said... these cell phone pics taken in the dark make it look a helluva lot worse than it is. When I look at it with my eyes the color is uniform left to right... and the banding is super faint and you really have to look for it to even notice it.

I haven't seen anything when watching UHD content... and I'm calling my set a panel lotto winner.

Enjoy it man...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	2378874   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	935.3 KB
ID:	2378876  
Datagg and gamermwm like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #25032 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7523 Post(s)
Liked: 7560
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr812k View Post
Hi all, I currently have a Sony 65ZD9 which i am very happy with but im tempted to come over to the OLED party and the LG C7 , is there anyone in here who switched the same way?

Think im just needing that last minute push to make me sell the Sony as i have only had it 6 months but just wonder if i will prefer the OLED.
Depends what type of loss you will be taking on the Z9D, if its a huge loss I would not as you have the best LED ever made to date. Many, many people in a way consider these unit very similar with some pro's and con's to each. With this said I would not want you to loose $$$ for something you may consider more of a side step.
post #25033 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisPNW View Post
You sound just like me when I ran my tests the other day after 350 hours.

Attached are my 5% and 10% and just like you said... these cell phone pics taken in the dark make it look a helluva lot worse than it is. When I look at it with my eyes the color is uniform left to right... and the banding is super faint and you really have to look for it to even notice it.

I haven't seen anything when watching UHD content... and I'm calling my set a panel lotto winner.

Enjoy it man...
I (stupidly - my curiosity got the better of me) ran the OLED Panel test with 5%/10%/20% gray scales yesterday...mine looks pretty similar to yours. I can see some slight banding throughout the panel. Two more prominent vertical bands off left and right of center of the screen. I'm assuming LG is not replacing screens for some light banding right?

Should have stayed in ignorance (and bliss)

Josh
post #25034 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
I (stupidly - my curiosity got the better of me) ran the OLED Panel test with 5%/10%/20% gray scales yesterday...mine looks pretty similar to yours. I can see some slight banding throughout the panel. Two more prominent vertical bands off left and right of center of the screen. I'm assuming LG is not replacing screens for some light banding right?

Well, IMO, this age old admonition is one to respect, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
post #25035 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
With technicolor Expert, there are several things going on under the hood that are actually very significant. As you may notice, this picture mode is very close to being almost perfect out of the box.
So other than Technicolor Expert mode is there anything else "going on under the hood" with the other pic modes or are they basically just preset modes, meaning you can make any other mode behave exactly like another mode by changing the default settings?

The reason I ask is that my TV is in a large mixed-use area with lots of windows and the lighting from day to night is drastic and I have yet to find one universal setting that works well for both - couple this with the fact LG doesn't have any direct pic access - so the next best thing is I've programmed the pic mode button on my Logictech remote along with the left arrow, right arrow and a exit button.

So with 3 button pushes (or with a 3 step macro) I can change back and forth between 2 adjacent pic modes and clear the menu screen to return to the movie. I was using ISF Dark and ISF Bright (set to Technicolor settings) but would like to use Technicolor Expert (for day) and ISF Bright (for night, using ISF Dark settings) because they are adjacent.

I understand I could add another left or right arrow command to go from Technicolor Expert to ISF Dark default - but if I can do it in 3 steps instead of 4 it's quicker and more likely to be executed properly each time, and thus avoiding groans from the peanut gallery.

So even without this special use case, I am asking if the different modes (other Technicolor Expert) are replicable or if there are "several things going on under the hood that are actually very significant" with the other modes also?

Thanks!

SCG
post #25036 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:

You shouldn't worry about the slides, you should worry about how often you see it in normal content. The biggest issue when you have a band that is much brighter or darker than an adjacent band... especially if it's near the middle. I'll show some screens of my TV once it gets dark tonight because I see banding in a variety of content even if it's brief it is distracting.

So far I've seen banding in blade runner 2049 (most banding I've seen to date), Harry Potter 1, X-Files latest season (bad enough that I prefer to watch the episodes on my panny plasma now), Coco (only 1 brief scene), It (1 brief scene) and Avengers. On the bright side, I've seen tons of content that doesn't display any banding at all. When I view the 10% slide, my problem band is very apparent. Less so on 5% and 20%.

Last edited by Ruppgu; 03-22-2018 at 11:50 AM.
post #25037 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 864
Quote:

I really wouldn't know... I haven't checked into returning my TV.

As I said the cell phone pics make it look a lot worse than it really is... and I don't have what I would consider to be "prominent" bands anywhere on the screen. The color is uniform left to right and banding is so faint it's hard to notice when looking at slides and even more difficult to see anything when watching that OLED banding test video on YouTube with the moving slides.

I've noticing nothing when watching UHD movies and I've seen enough to be confident I got a good set and can go ahead with the pro calibration which is why I ran the test to begin with. I was already satisified with everything I'd seen... so I ran the banding tests to make sure I wasn't missing anything that would make me change my mind.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #25038 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pj_d View Post
Hello,

I currently have my set connected via Cat6 cable, however, I see wifi is still turned on (as it says 'not connected' under network, and comes up as a 'new device' with Xfinity's xFi app every time I turn the television on). Is there a way to turn wifi off, as I have the set hardwired?
I don't know as my set is bring delivered tomorrow, but bumping for you.
post #25039 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4262 Post(s)
Liked: 4574
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeHawk View Post
I agree with you, no problems here, but if you have Destiny or Destiny 2 I'd be curious if you get full detail when in very dark caves or dark raid areas. I can only crank up the brightness until things are washed out, but just on Destiny. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post55900408

You aren’t really supposed to get full details. It’s dark with no lighting getting into the cave so and you only have the flashlight for some parts not all. So what I’m saying is I think it looks how it’s supposed to look in destiny 2. If I go to a dark area like one of the lost sectors I can find areas that are near pitch black but not quite and I can barely make out textures on the rocks and walls. This is how I would expect a cave to look without any ambient lighting. I was hoping someone would tell me “on horizon zero dawn go to location X and you will know immediately”. Just looking for something more specific to check out and see for myself because I have yet to really see the problem everyone else does.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II

Last edited by cmdrdredd; 03-22-2018 at 12:15 PM.
post #25040 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4262 Post(s)
Liked: 4574
Quote:
Go switch HDR off on your XBOX, turn the backlight to 100. That’s the best I can tell you. The difference is starggering. You’ll also get more chicken dinners since you’ll see people more easily.

Sdr with backlight 100 is nowhere near normal to me lol. Sure you can see people better but are you actually supposed to? On the pc you can reduce settings and remove foliage from the game world to gain advantage too. It’s hard to compare it like you are doing.

I don’t play that game and don’t own an Xbox anymore so I can’t test any of those games. Maybe the way the Xbox outputs hdr is different from ps4 as well for all I know.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #25041 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Wood View Post
Okay, this may be a dumb question, but is it possible that the OLED picture is TOO good? When watching Outlander (Starz streaming app on my Apple TV 4k), the picture is so real that it is blindingly clear whenever the director is shooting with a different camera, or when the actors are on a soundstage set, and when they are using stock footage. I find myself distracted by these things and losing my ability to suspend disbelief and just watch the show.

My TV is set up according RTings, and my Apple TV is sending Dolby Vision HDR to the set (passing through a Marantz AV7703 pre/pro).

All commentary aside about my choice in programming, I've noticed the same thing with other shows and movies. It's almost a three dimensional effect.

#goingcrazy

Any thoughts?

My guess is you have clearmotion set to something other than off. SOE gives off a very clear picture and a 3 d ish effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR 900F
LG C9 OLED
LG C7 OLED
post #25042 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Sdr with backlight 100 is nowhere near normal to me lol. Sure you can see people better but are you actually supposed to? On the pc you can reduce settings and remove foliage from the game world to gain advantage too. It’s hard to compare it like you are doing.

I don’t play that game and don’t own an Xbox anymore so I can’t test any of those games. Maybe the way the Xbox outputs hdr is different from ps4 as well for all I know.
No of course backlight 100 is nowhere near normal. Heck, backlight at 50 is still easier to play PUBG in SDR that backlight 100 HDR on the XBOX One X. I'm just providing you with the example you wanted.
post #25043 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
My guess is you have clearmotion set to something other than off. SOE gives off a very clear picture and a 3 d ish effect
Thanks - I definitely check that out when I get home tonight!

LG OLED B7P | Marantz AV7703 | Outlaw 7075 7-Channel Amp | Apple TV 4K | ACI Sapphires & Protege Fronts | RSL C34E Ceiling Speakers | SVS SB-13 Ultra Sub
post #25044 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
You shouldn't worry about the slides, you should worry about how often you see it in normal content. The biggest issue when you have a band that is much brighter or darker than an adjacent band... especially if it's near the middle. I'll show some screens of my TV once it gets dark tonight because I see banding in a variety of content even if it's brief it is distracting.

So far I've seen banding in blade runner 2049 (most banding I've seen to date), Harry Potter 1, X-Files latest season (bad enough that I prefer to watch the episodes on my panny plasma now), Coco (only 1 brief scene), It (1 brief scene) and Avengers. On the bright side, I've seen tons of content that doesn't display any banding at all. When I view the 10% slide, my problem band is very apparent. Less so on 5% and 20%.
HAH what caused me to run the slides and check was the X-Files episodes... I noticed the banding in the last two episodes. We watched the entire season of Jessica Jones S02 on Netflix Internal app (4K/DV) and I hardly noticed any banding (despite there being PLENTY of dark and grayish scenes).

Oh well, if I feel like being a glutton for punishment, I'll try to get some pictures tonight... do we have a favorite YouTube test that everyone agrees is the best? I just randomly picked one from the Search last night

Josh
post #25045 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 97
PUBG's HDR implementation is just crap in general.

Quote:
post #25046 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usurpers26 View Post
PUBG's HDR implementation is just crap in general.
Absolutely. However, it's LESS crap on non-LG-OLED devices.
Datagg and Ricker62 like this.
post #25047 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:45 PM

This is what most folks do (with varying opinions on DC).

Running a console under the PC input label isn't optimal/recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy View Post
but why not run game mode without labeling the input as PC with medium dynamic contrast for consoles? Input lag is exactly the same. It may not measure perfectly on a chart, but it can look nearly identical to Techicolor
post #25048 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 PM

You mean like on your iphone

I am still at that decision...

Quote:
Absolutely. However, it's LESS crap on non-LG-OLED devices.
post #25049 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usurpers26 View Post
You mean like on your iphone

I am still at that decision...
Yes, it's amazing how PUBG runs on my iPhone X. Sure, it's lacking the LOD of the X version, but even then!
post #25050 of 37300 Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 57
The waiting is the hardest part lol, my C7 should be delivered in the next few hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page