2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 887 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980426Likes

post #26581 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 166
[QUOTE=Claudiu Gardelli;56035302]I think the EU fw version is the same as the AU version though they don't mention anything about this matter. Anyways, the TV models are different too, the EU model is C7V, and the AU model is C7P.
I installed the AU fw (OLED55C7P) on an EU model (OLED55C7V), and it's working perfectly... By the time I installed it the EU version was very outdated, like 2-3 months with no updates.

PS: the KR/US firmware doesn't work on my TV.[/QUOTE
Same here I have used the UK firmware on my AU model and the tv accepts it without any problems.

LG 65C7T - SONY BRAVIA 65"Z9D
Marantz SR6012 - Pioneer SCLX 58 - Apple 4KTV
Oppo UBD 203/205- Oppo BDP 103 - Panasonic DMP UB900
Playstation 4 - Mordaunt Short Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26582 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominiccronshaw View Post
So, I got impatient last night and went to Best Buy and bought an 8ft AudioQuest Ocean cable for $70. I've always thought that a cable with the right specs should be just fine and those ones with orange on the plug look to have adequate specs. Why would I spend $70 when I could get those for less than $10? That logic always worked on my 1080p plasma sets over the years.

Well, maybe that's no longer true when it comes to 4K HDR / Dolby Vision on OLEDs. I've only got about 3-4 hours viewing time with this new cable, but so far I haven't had any issues. That's by no means definitive and I'm going to watch this for a week or so and see if this appears to have solved a problem.

I'm going to order that Monoprice cable you mention, too. If THAT works for $11, I'll be most happy to give Best Buy back this $70 one.
Best Buy LOVES impatient customers willing to pay $70 for a Premium quality HDMI cable.
post #26583 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
So, I got impatient last night and went to Best Buy and bought an 8ft AudioQuest Ocean cable for $70.
There's been some discussion of "snake oil" in this thread lately. I think $70 for an 8-foot cable qualifies as snake oil.
Ph8te, Greg TB, Ricker62 and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26584 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post
There's been some discussion of "snake oil" in this thread lately. I think $70 for an 8-foot cable qualifies as snake oil.
Genuine Sidewinder!
robnalex, Ricker62 and sonoftumble like this.
post #26585 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
So, I got impatient last night and went to Best Buy and bought an 8ft AudioQuest Ocean cable for $70. I've always thought that a cable with the right specs should be just fine and those ones with orange on the plug look to have adequate specs. Why would I spend $70 when I could get those for less than $10? That logic always worked on my 1080p plasma sets over the years.

Well, maybe that's no longer true when it comes to 4K HDR / Dolby Vision on OLEDs. I've only got about 3-4 hours viewing time with this new cable, but so far I haven't had any issues. That's by no means definitive and I'm going to watch this for a week or so and see if this appears to have solved a problem.

I'm going to order that Monoprice cable you mention, too. If THAT works for $11, I'll be most happy to give Best Buy back this $70 one.
been using several Monoprice $5 to $10 certified [email protected] for 6 months with OPPO 203, Marantz & 77G7P - many/most of the testers including CNET use Monoprice

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #26586 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
No, and there's no date set for stopping support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
No we already know Dolby sent a new Dolby vision file to LG to finally put all the elevated black level issues to rest. So there is at least one more if not several updates to come.
seems like there is no set standard on updates, but you are right, sooner or later they do end.....
post #26587 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Does banding show up on your TV is off? Because tonight I noticed that there look like some streaks on the screen so I try wiping them off only to realize that it was part of the screen. It has a green tinge I think because the sun is shining off of it. Now that the sun is gone I cannot notice it but I think that the luminance of the sun was bringing out the banding while the TV was off. Does this make any sense? If you look at the picture you can see what looks like tire track marks that are green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #26588 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd5215 View Post
Hey guys,

Setup

All sources into Denon AVR via HDMI, then out to TV an into HDMI 2(ARC)...

I have a slight problem.. So I think the HDMI 2 port(ARC) has gone bad on my TV....I cannot get a video or audio signal out of that port, from multiple sources, Directv, ATV, PS4...etc... Tried switching cable....No luck..I tested port 1 and 3 and everything works fine...except app audio from TV of course..

SO, I use ARC port because I need audio from internal apps to go to my AVR....

Can I just plug HDMI into 1 or 3 and run optical cable from TV on wall back down into the Denon? I have always used ARC so for a quick fix can I just pick one at BB....any variance in quality??
Will I lose any performance from the TV in my current setup having to use HDMI 1 or 3 along with the optical cable....Any decrease in audio quality/capability vs ARC?
I understand going with optical I will lose CEC function which is fine because I use a Harmony....(even though I will have to reprogram now)

Lastly, I get 4K with DTV on monday....I assume all the ports on the LG support 4K right?

Oh, and do I contact LG about looking at the ARC port....TV is 6 months old.

Please give me your opinions or ask if you need more info....

Thanks!

Can anyone help please?

LG OLED65C7P
Denon X2400H
post #26589 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Quote:
Can anyone help please?

Using the digital output you will lose atmos if you’re even equipped for that. Otherwise yea just use one of your other inputs. I would contact lg customer service if it’s only 6months old. They’re pretty good about sending techs out to fix problems

post #26590 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Does banding show up on your TV is off? Because tonight I noticed that there look like some streaks on the screen so I try wiping them off only to realize that it was part of the screen. It has a green tinge I think because the sun is shining off of it. Now that the sun is gone I cannot notice it but I think that the luminance of the sun was bringing out the banding while the TV was off. Does this make any sense? If you look at the picture you can see what looks like tire track marks that are green.

No banding does not show when the tv is off.

post #26591 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:

There have been reports of screen discoloration from direct sunlight.
Rodney Nicotine likes this.
post #26592 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjboshart View Post
Using the digital output you will lose atmos if you’re even equipped for that. Otherwise yea just use one of your other inputs. I would contact lg customer service if it’s only 6months old. They’re pretty good about sending techs out to fix problems

Awesome...Thanks for the info..

LG OLED65C7P
Denon X2400H
post #26593 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6242
Quote:

There have been reports of discoloration from direct sunlight hitting the TV for extended periods of time. What many see when 1st inspecting is the “wavy” nature of the AR filter on the TV.
post #26594 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
So second episode of Lost in Space about 36 minutes in their using flashlights searching the ship...wholly cow those flashlights were bright...another reminder of 700 nits or so doing it right, not too shabby !!!
post #26595 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Best Buy LOVES impatient customers willing to pay $70 for a Premium quality HDMI cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post
Quote:

You can go to sam's or costco, and for $19.99 you can get a 2-Pack of 9 foot long HDMI cables that are High Speed / 18gbps, and I guarantee you they will be just as good as the $70 one you bought at best buy. And if anyone says differently, then they have proven that they don't know or understand digital 1's and 0's.

The ONLY REASON cables cost more than $10 a piece, is because most people don't know, and the retailers can take advantage of them.

Oh, and if you didn't know by now...... There's NO SUCH THING as an "High Definition HD Antenna" for over the air broadcasts. The SAME Rabbit ears your grandparents used when you were a kid, will still work. (yes, there have been some advances in OTA antenna, like built in amplifiers and such. Simply pointing out, there is NOTHING SPECIAL about an antenna that is "HIGH DEFINITION - HD". It doesn't exit. Antennas are simply a piece of metal, that resonates at a specific frequency. What INFORMATION (Analog, Digital, SD, HD, etc.) is riding that frequency, is totally irrelevant.

So take that best buy cable back to that rip off retailer, and go to walmart, target, sams, costco, online, or any place, and buy a high speed HDMI cable for around $10. The only differences you'll find in the cables, is possibly their outer material. Some are more flexible; some more rigid, some have 90 degree bends on the hdmi connector, some are straight, etc.... Find a cable that fits your needs, looks sturdy enough for your environment, and can do 18gbps. (Pretty much ALL new hdmi cables). If you pay more than $10 a piece, you're being ripped off. Even the 2 for $19.99 I bought for convenience. You can get a 10 footer at walmart for $5-$6.
mroot likes this.

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

post #26596 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2334 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christcorp View Post
You can go to sam's or costco, and for $19.99 you can get a 2-Pack of 9 foot long HDMI cables that are High Speed / 18gbps, and I guarantee you they will be just as good as the $70 one you bought at best buy. And if anyone says differently, then they have proven that they don't know or understand digital 1's and 0's.

The ONLY REASON cables cost more than $10 a piece, is because most people don't know, and the retailers can take advantage of them.

Oh, and if you didn't know by now...... There's NO SUCH THING as an "High Definition HD Antenna" for over the air broadcasts. The SAME Rabbit ears your grandparents used when you were a kid, will still work. (yes, there have been some advances in OTA antenna, like built in amplifiers and such. Simply pointing out, there is NOTHING SPECIAL about an antenna that is "HIGH DEFINITION - HD". It doesn't exit. Antennas are simply a piece of metal, that resonates at a specific frequency. What INFORMATION (Analog, Digital, SD, HD, etc.) is riding that frequency, is totally irrelevant.

So take that best buy cable back to that rip off retailer, and go to walmart, target, sams, costco, online, or any place, and buy a high speed HDMI cable for around $10. The only differences you'll find in the cables, is possibly their outer material. Some are more flexible; some more rigid, some have 90 degree bends on the hdmi connector, some are straight, etc.... Find a cable that fits your needs, looks sturdy enough for your environment, and can do 18gbps. (Pretty much ALL new hdmi cables). If you pay more than $10 a piece, you're being ripped off. Even the 2 for $19.99 I bought for convenience. You can get a 10 footer at walmart for $5-$6.
If you want to play it safe, buy a premium certified HDMI cable. https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premiumcable/faq.aspx If memory serves, the 2 for $20 cables at Costco claim 18 Gbps, but they aren't certified. They may well work perfectly. If not, Costco has a liberal return policy.

Monoprice sells certified cable cheaply. Blue Jeans is respected, if a bit more expensive. Monster is often sneered at. Audioquest cables cover a large range, from expensive to implausible. (Amazon sells a 1m Audioquest Diamond cable for about $1k. Includes a specially trained Maxwell's Demon to shepherd the electrons through the wires.)

Some of the old "high speed" cables are rated for 10.2 Mbps. They may not cut it for some signals.

I once used a 6' Amazon Basic cable to connect a Samsung K8500 UHD player to a 4k TV (Samsung KS8000). It worked well. When I added a 4k AVR (Yamaha TSR-5810) and a second cable to the chain, I got no signal from the player. When I replaced the Amazon Basics cables with a couple of non-certified 27 Gbps from Omars (still only $8 each from Amazon), everything has been OK since.

Unfortunately, all HDMI cables basically have the same electrical connections. There is no way to distinguish an inadequate one from a good one by eye.
post #26597 of 36410 Old 04-14-2018, 11:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
If you want to play it safe, buy a premium certified HDMI cable. https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premiumcable/faq.aspx If memory serves, the 2 for $20 cables at Costco claim 18 Gbps, but they aren't certified. They may well work perfectly. If not, Costco has a liberal return policy.

Monoprice sells certified cable cheaply. Blue Jeans is respected, if a bit more expensive. Monster is often sneered at. Audioquest cables cover a large range, from expensive to implausible. (Amazon sells a 1m Audioquest Diamond cable for about $1k. Includes a specially trained Maxwell's Demon to shepherd the electrons through the wires.)

Some of the old "high speed" cables are rated for 10.2 Mbps. They may not cut it for some signals.

I once used a 6' Amazon Basic cable to connect a Samsung K8500 UHD player to a 4k TV (Samsung KS8000). It worked well. When I added a 4k AVR (Yamaha TSR-5810) and a second cable to the chain, I got no signal from the player. When I replaced the Amazon Basics cables with a couple of non-certified 27 Gbps from Omars (still only $8 each from Amazon), everything has been OK since.

Unfortunately, all HDMI cables basically have the same electrical connections. There is no way to distinguish an inadequate one from a good one by eye.
Almost any place such as walmart, target, sams, costco, you name it, has a decent return policy.

You only need 24 hours (Actually about 1 hour) to determine if it works or not. I don't need a "Certified Cable". Just another reason to charge more.

I use the "Pregnancy Theory". There's no Kind of; Sort of; "You Are Pregnant...... or you're NOT". The cable "WORKS"...... or it "Doesn't. Connect it to your device and try it. If it doesn't work, take it back the next day.

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

post #26598 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 12:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Almost any place such as walmart, target, sams, costco, you name it, has a decent return policy.

You only need 24 hours (Actually about 1 hour) to determine if it works or not. I don't need a "Certified Cable". Just another reason to charge more.

I use the "Pregnancy Theory". There's no Kind of; Sort of; "You Are Pregnant...... or you're NOT". The cable "WORKS"...... or it "Doesn't. Connect it to your device and try it. If it doesn't work, take it back the next day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4
Uh-huh but there are certain signals that may not pass through cheap cables while it may appear to work on first test. Try passing 4k 4:4:4 HDR through it or 4k 60HZ HDR and you may hit the limits and get drop outs and sync issues that don't appear at first. This is why certified cables are recommended, the chances of these signals not working is very low.
lsorensen and Neoshinta like this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #26599 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 12:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2334 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:

(snip)
Take it back the next day? How long have you been retired?

I mentioned the Monoprice certified cable because it's cheap (<$10US for many lengths) and popular here. You won't find it at Costco or Walmart, though.

I prefer to buy cables online. The choices are better than what I can find locally. Cables also tend to be among the most overpriced tech in retail stores.
post #26600 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quick question : I will soon be equipped with Dolby Atmos setup.
How do I pass Dolby Atmos sound from the Netflix and YouTube tv apps ? Through hdmi arc ?
I thought arc didn’t carry over lossless sound ?

Thank you for your answers. This is something that left me wondering. How can I watch those Netflix shows in Dolby Atmos, using the tv app and my sound setup / avr ? How can I use the YouTube demos for Dolby Atmos ?

Thanks !!
post #26601 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
Quick question : I will soon be equipped with Dolby Atmos setup.
How do I pass Dolby Atmos sound from the Netflix and YouTube tv apps ? Through hdmi arc ?
I thought arc didn’t carry over lossless sound ?

Thank you for your answers. This is something that left me wondering. How can I watch those Netflix shows in Dolby Atmos, using the tv app and my sound setup / avr ? How can I use the YouTube demos for Dolby Atmos ?

Thanks !!
The Atmos from Blu-Ray discs is lossless TrueHD. The Atmos from Netflix and Vudu is not lossless and is sent in a Dolby Digital Plus format. Atmos can be sent in either format. You simply use ARC from the TV. YouTube does not support Atmos.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II

Last edited by cmdrdredd; 04-15-2018 at 12:23 AM.
post #26602 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
The Atmos from Blu-Ray discs is lossless TrueHD. The Atmos from Netflix and Vudu is not lossless and is sent in a Dolby Digital Plus format. Atmos can be sent in either format. You simply use ARC from the TV. YouTube does not support Atmos.
Si what is the point of Netflix sending atmos if you cannot use it in atmos ?
Same question for all the atmos demos available on YouTube ?

If I want to demo my new atmos setup with Netflix and YouTube , will it work with the native apps ? Will I hear the atmos
post #26603 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 451
If you were to stream Netflix thru say your 4k audio video receiver, then you could experience Netflix in atmos, albeit with lossy audio.

Granted that lossy audio for atmos is not as good as lossless, but it is still atmos.

If you want to best demo your atmos setup, buy a physical disc with atmos, play it thru your atmos equipped avr.

Netflix atmos thru the C7's speakers or via a soundbar is not going to be a full representation of how good atmos can sound.
Neoshinta likes this.

Last edited by XBR11; 04-15-2018 at 04:23 AM.
post #26604 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Hey guys,

Setup

All sources into Denon AVR via HDMI, then out to TV an into HDMI 2(ARC)...

I have a slight problem.. So I think the HDMI 2 port(ARC) has gone bad on my TV....I cannot get a video or audio signal out of that port, from multiple sources, Directv, ATV, PS4...etc... Tried switching cable....No luck..I tested port 1 and 3 and everything works fine...except app audio from TV of course..

SO, I use ARC port because I need audio from internal apps to go to my AVR....

Can I just plug HDMI into 1 or 3 and run optical cable from TV on wall back down into the Denon? I have always used ARC so for a quick fix can I just pick one at BB....any variance in quality??
Will I lose any performance from the TV in my current setup having to use HDMI 1 or 3 along with the optical cable....Any decrease in audio quality/capability vs ARC?
I understand going with optical I will lose CEC function which is fine because I use a Harmony....(even though I will have to reprogram now)

Lastly, I get 4K with DTV on monday....I assume all the ports on the LG support 4K right?

Oh, and do I contact LG about looking at the ARC port....TV is 6 months old.

Please give me your opinions or ask if you need more info....

Thanks!
Someone has already posted that you will get DD through the optical connection but not DD+. In terms of 4K all of the HDMI ports on the TV support 4K HDR (all flavours). You need will need to turn on HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color in the General settings for each port if you want HDR to work. You can only do this when the HDMI port is active.

When you say you cannot get a video or audio signal do you mean an audio signal through the TV speakers or the Denon when playing content routed into the Denon or do you mean no audio signal from the TV when playing TV apps (i.e. only a lack of audio through ARC)? It is possible that with that information someone here might make some suggestions that could assist you. I would have suspected a cable but you have already tried changing out cable. I had a problem with a cable not passing ARC correctly but the video was fine (including passing DV in 4K). When I substituted an Audioquest Forest cable the problem went away permanently (I wouldn't recommend the Audioquest cables as they are just too expensive but they were supplied by the dealer when my old Plasma was installed).

I might try disconnecting all the cables to the Denon and the LG and also disconnecting the power from both for 30 seconds, then reconnect everything and see if that solves the problem. If that doesn't work, then I might be inclined to try a reset to initial settings on the LG and a similar factory reset on the Denon to see if that corrects the problem. You might want to take pictures of your various settings screens on your phone first so that you can quickly input them again after the resets. Make sure that you turn on Deep colour (each input when active) and Simplink on the LG and whatever the setting is on the Denon to get ARC to work.

Good luck.
post #26605 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore View Post
Someone has already posted that you will get DD through the optical connection but not DD+. In terms of 4K all of the HDMI ports on the TV support 4K HDR (all flavours). You need will need to turn on HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color in the General settings for each port if you want HDR to work. You can only do this when the HDMI port is active.

When you say you cannot get a video or audio signal do you mean an audio signal through the TV speakers or the Denon when playing content routed into the Denon or do you mean no audio signal from the TV when playing TV apps (i.e. only a lack of audio through ARC)? It is possible that with that information someone here might make some suggestions that could assist you. I would have suspected a cable but you have already tried changing out cable. I had a problem with a cable not passing ARC correctly but the video was fine (including passing DV in 4K). When I substituted an Audioquest Forest cable the problem went away permanently (I wouldn't recommend the Audioquest cables as they are just too expensive but they were supplied by the dealer when my old Plasma was installed).

I might try disconnecting all the cables to the Denon and the LG and also disconnecting the power from both for 30 seconds, then reconnect everything and see if that solves the problem. If that doesn't work, then I might be inclined to try a reset to initial settings on the LG and a similar factory reset on the Denon to see if that corrects the problem. You might want to take pictures of your various settings screens on your phone first so that you can quickly input them again after the resets. Make sure that you turn on Deep colour (each input when active) and Simplink on the LG and whatever the setting is on the Denon to get ARC to work.

Good luck.
Thank you for all that information....No video/audio through Denon....everything works as it should through the TV if I take the Denon out of the equation..

LG OLED65C7P
Denon X2400H
post #26606 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuxs1806 View Post
Si what is the point of Netflix sending atmos if you cannot use it in atmos ?

Same question for all the atmos demos available on YouTube ?

If I want to demo my new atmos setup with Netflix and YouTube , will it work with the native apps ? Will I hear the atmos

You misunderstand. Atmos is extra metadata sent in the audio stream. It is supported in both TrueHD(lossless) and Dolby Digital Plus(lossy). You can send Atmos either way. Streaming services use Dolby digital plus and discs use truehd. This is to conserve bandwidth. Netflix and Vudu both support atmos. You will hear atmos audio from those two apps via ARC. Vudu has atmos demos on there for free. YouTube does not support atmos audio.
Neoshinta likes this.

post #26607 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjboshart View Post
All have some degree of vertical banding. Some come more pronounced than others. Typically they fade to some degree after extended use, multiple hundred hours

Can I make this better by running through color slides (like we used to do to "break in" plasmas)? This banding is driving me bonkers (as you can tell by the fact that I'm on my 3rd one), so while I'll live with it if I have to, I want to do everything I can do to minimize it.
post #26608 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Your old plasma TV was 1080P max. The bandwidth requirements and frequencies associated with 4K/HDR/WCG signals require a better cable with better insulation. And, they are by nature more susceptible to EMI. That would explain the random nature of the behavior. A cable is basically hardware, so if it fails, it should ALWAYS fail. The same goes with the TV.

Try one of these cables: http://www.avprostore.com/Bullet-Tra...-bt01-auhd.htm

Each cable is individually tested and serialized. ( Yes, that's right - each cable gets its own serial number ).
I guess it's worth a try, but I'm currently using the highly rated Monoprice cables that everyone raves about here.

Rich
post #26609 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You misunderstand. Atmos is extra metadata sent in the audio stream. It is supported in both TrueHD(lossless) and Dolby Digital Plus(lossy). You can send Atmos either way. Streaming services use Dolby digital plus and discs use truehd. This is to conserve bandwidth. Netflix and Vudu both support atmos. You will hear atmos audio from those two apps via ARC. Vudu has atmos demos on there for free. YouTube does not support atmos audio.
Thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated !
post #26610 of 36410 Old 04-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlux View Post
I guess it's worth a try, but I'm currently using the highly rated Monoprice cables that everyone raves about here.

Rich
As long as they are the "premium" rated cables, you are right, that is not the issue......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page