2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 905 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980518Likes

post #27121 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6846 Post(s)
Liked: 6842
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldprof View Post
I am under no illusion that the C7 can produce realistic Atmos. However It does appear that the C7 sound is superior to the B7 in any case. The Atmos demos are underwhelming when played back on the C7. That said, there does seem to be a bit of directionality involved. True Atmos - no, but good sound nevertheless.
If you are looking for good sound, or just better sound, on the street the E7 is only $150 more and you get a sound bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27122 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferdad50 View Post
Hey Mo, we have heard from @TravisPNW regarding his overall impressions concerning his recent calibration.

I asked him some questions that I would like to present to you as well.

First of all, Congrats on the calibration.

Have you been able to watch a DV/HDR 4k UHD movie since calibration?

Does the TV still retain the "pop" in the various modes calibrated?

Is the difference so good you would be willing to do it all over again?

I am on the fence about calibration. Your response will greatly help in determining if I proceed or not.

Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I goofed up quoting you, so please scroll for it on page 904.

Btw, my neighbor's wife said "Wow it's like Wehrenberg Theater". A movie theater chain in the mid-West.
golferdad50 likes this.

Last edited by MoInSTL; 04-22-2018 at 07:02 PM.
post #27123 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobotoPlus View Post
@TravisPNW Just out of curiosity: What's your color, color gamut and tint settings after Chad's calibration?
Ok... I'm home. I'm not planning on broadcasting all my settings across all picture modes for the world to see because every set is different and it wouldn't do you much good to copy them. Not only that but there's a whole lot of RGB numbers across the color management system that were adjusted.

But... here's a couple with the basics:

ISF Expert Bright = OLED light 80 color 50 color gamut auto tint R4
ISF Expert Dark = OLED light 49 color 48 color gamut auto tint R2

I asked Chad about Technicolor vs ISF Expert mode and he said they come different from the factory but calibrate the same. That was all I needed to hear... wasn't going to question it.

I believe Mo also got ISF Expert Bright/Dark on her set.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27124 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5126 Post(s)
Liked: 4573
so Sling and YouTube Live TV are supported through the built in apps on the LG C7 but not Hulu Live TV?...regular Hulu is available but not the Live TV version...anyone know if LG is planning on adding the Hulu Live TV app?
post #27125 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceNaj View Post
Hey man, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is just not possible on the 2017 sets, that method worked on the 2016 Oleds but not the 2017s. I have the 65E7 and a couple of months back I was exactly where you’re at and I basically looked everywhere and tried everything... and when nothing worked I went ahead and paid 1000$ to exchange my barely used E7 with a new E7 that’s still on the older 3.60.09. I sacrifice the Atmos over HDMI and the Technicolor picture mode but in return I get a TV that functions normally. I have been away from the forum for a while and I just learned that the 4.70.36 rolled out a while back, so I was trying to look for peoples thoughts on the new FW update to see if go through with the update or not (i’m mainly looking to get Atmos over HDMI from my xbox one x and ps4 pro to my E7s sound bar), and I didn’t want to not make the same mistake again, updating right away without doing my research first... so here I stumble onto your post, which pretty much answered my question and I guess i’m better of sticking with my old working 3.60.09 FW.
Well dang, that's a drag. Thanks for the reply, though. Sucks to spend $1500 on a TV, mainly for HDR gaming, and the HDR be hosed.
post #27126 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
IP Control possible??

I saw conflicting information if this TV can be fully controlled via IP, e.g. via iRule.
If so, where can I find the protocol documentation? (I only found RS-232 commands in the manual I downloaded)

Thanks!
______
Axel
IP control is hit and miss on the 2017's. Even for those who reportedly have it working, they have noticed some weird prompts when the TV first fires up. Also, I'm not certain that it works at all with B7's. The IP commands do not appear to be nearly as well developed as with RS232. iRule's device library includes a full featured RS232 driver with every command, and a volume level driver for use with the slider widgets. I would get a Global Cache IP2SL and add a DB9 to 3.5mm null modem cable.

EDIT: I found these instructions. Looks like you'll be getting into the service menus. Unless you know what's hiding behind that door, I would stay away. BTW, the IP commands are the same as RS232:

Finally figured out how to get the IP control dialog to appear on our new OLED65C7P (2017 US model).

First, I added the MAIN MENU command from the "LG code group 1" via IR onto a button in iRule (or you could use a programmable remote). Make sure that it is set to repeat when held.

Then hold this button down for 5sec until the channel banner appears.
Then, switch to the magic remote, then enter 828 and then the central-wheel "ok" button (this last part is important!). You should then get the IP control dialog to appear. I can then confirm that it then listens on port 9761, the power-on/off IP control does work. Note that you must enable WOL and get the MAC address for the TV (six hex pairs separated by colons). I did all my testing on the wired ethernet port, not wifi.

I did notice that powering on via IP then presented a dialog on the TV asking me whether I wanted to power on the STB, but it's working.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700

Last edited by sonoftumble; 04-22-2018 at 09:40 PM.
post #27127 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6626 Post(s)
Liked: 6440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
so Sling and YouTube Live TV are supported through the built in apps on the LG C7 but not Hulu Live TV?...regular Hulu is available but not the Live TV version...anyone know if LG is planning on adding the Hulu Live TV app?

Much like any app, you would need to ask the developer (Hulu).
post #27128 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The Apple TV 4k turned on ULTRA HD Deep Color and the Cable Box is not compatible!!! OMG!!! If anyone else has this problem, now you know!!!

Ok, I started a thread in the AUDIO forum but it's starting to look like it's a problem with the TV and not the receiver. Here's all that has transpired... Can ANYONE help???

I'm running an ONKYO TX-RZ710 and all of the sudden, I am getting no sound from the CBL/SAT input when I watch cable. I tried different HDMI cables, I swapped cable boxes and nothing. I connected the cable box to the AUX input and I do get sound, so it's not the box or cables. I checked the settings on the (both) boxes and they are set to output digital. When I connect something else to CBL/SAT (blu-ray) I get sound. One time I saw a quick error message flash on the screen but it went away too fast for me to see what it said. When the cable box is connected the front display does not say HDMI, but when I connect the blu-ray it does. Is there a setting I'm missing? Did my 2 year old daughter press a button on the remote??? HELP!!!

I called Onkyo and did some troubleshooting and we are both perplexed. Here is what was done...

Full reset to factory settings.
Swapped cable boxes.
Disconnected all devices except the one we are testing
Cable Box in CBL/SAT = Picture but NO SOUND
Cable Box in BD/DVD = Picture and sound
Blu-ray Player in CBL/SAT = Picture and sound
Blu-ray Player in BD/DVD = Picture and sound
Cable Box in PC = Picture and sound

Multiple HDMI cables used with the same result.

So the ONLY combination that doesn't work is Cable Box in CBL/SAT, which only stopped working 4 days ago and had been working for 7 months. The only thing that changed in all that time is I added APPLE TV to the receiver but in a different input.

NEW UPDATE:

I connected the Box directly to HDMI 2 on the TV and got picture but NO SOUND!!!! Then I tried a different box and got the same result. Then I moved it to HDMI 1 and I got picture and sound from the box directly to the TV AND from the receiver on CBL/SAT!!! So, it seems to be when the TV is getting a signal into INPUT 2 that is identified AS Cable? When the receiver says it's something else (BD/AUX/GAME) the TV and Receiver pass the sound. So, I have to think the receiver is NOT the culprit and it's either the TV or the Cable. But, since the issue persists no matter what box I use (I tried a third box) I'm leaning more toward the TV and possible ARC causing issues.

LG OLED65C7P - Onkyo TX-RZ710 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup -Definitive Pro Center 2000 - Klipsch ICON WF-34 Fronts - Klipsch ICON WB-14 Rears - Monoprice Caliber 8 Ceiling - Klipsch R‑12SWi - LG UP970 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - Logitech Harmony Elite

Last edited by torkibe; 04-22-2018 at 10:09 PM.
post #27129 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The Apple TV 4k turned on ULTRA HD Deep Color and the Cable Box is not compatible!!! OMG!!! If anyone else has this problem, now you know!!!

LG OLED65C7P - Onkyo TX-RZ710 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup -Definitive Pro Center 2000 - Klipsch ICON WF-34 Fronts - Klipsch ICON WB-14 Rears - Monoprice Caliber 8 Ceiling - Klipsch R‑12SWi - LG UP970 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - Logitech Harmony Elite
post #27130 of 36693 Old 04-22-2018, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5126 Post(s)
Liked: 4573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Much like any app, you would need to ask the developer (Hulu).
true but I thought since the base Hulu app was available that it would be easy to add the Live TV app...much like YouTube Live TV was added in later (while the standard YouTube app was available from the beginning)
post #27131 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6626 Post(s)
Liked: 6440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
true but I thought since the base Hulu app was available that it would be easy to add the Live TV app...much like YouTube Live TV was added in later (while the standard YouTube app was available from the beginning)

It could be an easy add, but the motivation/user base may not be there. It also depends on how many resources are dedicated to WebOS. LG is just the “home” of the app so to speak, they wouldn’t have anything to do with adding/removing features.
post #27132 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I really do not understand the "too dim" with HDR Game Mode. My C7 looks great in Game Mode. Playing God Of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sea Of Theives, Gears Of War 4, Madden 18 all look Amazing! I know Standard picture mode is brighter but Game mode looks better in my personal opinion. The C8 has tone mapping that is suppose to help for those that find it dim.. but Rtings said that they do Not recommend Dynamic Tone Mapping since it changes the Picture curve too much.
post #27133 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 02:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisPNW View Post
Ok... I'm home. I'm not planning on broadcasting all my settings across all picture modes for the world to see because every set is different and it wouldn't do you much good to copy them. Not only that but there's a whole lot of RGB numbers across the color management system that were adjusted.

I asked Chad about Technicolor vs ISF Expert mode and he said they come different from the factory but calibrate the same. That was all I needed to hear... wasn't going to question it.

Thank you for posting this.

I'm not interested in your settings. I do calibration myself. I was just wondering if the tint trick for skin tones is still valid for Chad.
post #27134 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:

Actually no. HDR is Technicolor Expert as is HD Dark (Light Control). Dolby Vision is Cinema User
post #27135 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Has anyone had an issue where the their LG 7-series will just suddenly stop outputting the center audio channel when playing content with multi-channel tracks?

I've had this issue happen to me twice now and I don't know what causes it but leaving the TV off for a while resolves the issue. This is super annoying as it's difficult to create a reproducible test scenario which I could explain to a technician so I was hoping maybe it's more common and somebody has some concrete info on this?

This affects all application on the TV (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Plex) and causes all center audio to disappear while the other audio channels are fine which results in all the dialogue going missing and only hearing ambient sounds and background music, etc. There is no change whether I send audio through to my receive or directly from the TV and outputting the stereo track is the only instant work-around (I have tried everything except doing a full factory reset, which would be a major pain). The only fix so far is just waiting a few hours.

The only thing I can think that might cause this a defective audio chip somewhere in the TV that may stop working properly if it gets used too much (or extended use at a certain temperature) as the TV was used a lot this weekend.
post #27136 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
IP control is hit and miss on the 2017's. Even for those who reportedly have it working, they have noticed some weird prompts when the TV first fires up. Also, I'm not certain that it works at all with B7's. The IP commands do not appear to be nearly as well developed as with RS232. iRule's device library includes a full featured RS232 driver with every command, and a volume level driver for use with the slider widgets. I would get a Global Cache IP2SL and add a DB9 to 3.5mm null modem cable.

EDIT: I found these instructions. Looks like you'll be getting into the service menus. Unless you know what's hiding behind that door, I would stay away. BTW, the IP commands are the same as RS232:

Finally figured out how to get the IP control dialog to appear on our new OLED65C7P (2017 US model).

First, I added the MAIN MENU command from the "LG code group 1" via IR onto a button in iRule (or you could use a programmable remote). Make sure that it is set to repeat when held.

Then hold this button down for 5sec until the channel banner appears.
Then, switch to the magic remote, then enter 828 and then the central-wheel "ok" button (this last part is important!). You should then get the IP control dialog to appear. I can then confirm that it then listens on port 9761, the power-on/off IP control does work. Note that you must enable WOL and get the MAC address for the TV (six hex pairs separated by colons). I did all my testing on the wired ethernet port, not wifi.

I did notice that powering on via IP then presented a dialog on the TV asking me whether I wanted to power on the STB, but it's working.
Thanks much!

It’s still amazes me that in 2018 RS232 quite often still offers a more solid connection than IP. I still run a few of my devices that way because their IP implementation is flaky.

________
Axel

post #27137 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Hey guys, gaming is great on my C7 but while playing HDR games does anybody notice the ABL? (Automatic Brightness Limiter) Depending on the scene in the game the brightness tends to fluctuate.. I believe it's the nature of OLED but just curious if you guys are seeing the same thing?? Notice it happens in SDR games as well like Fortnite. Thanks.
post #27138 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 19
it seems that lg is not make any modification to this thing :

I have this problem on my lg oled55c7v on HDR standard mode on picture/picture mode settings real cinema in inaccessible ( and yes the function is on ) and it cannot by turned off ....
On other pictures modes like vivid or game is the function is available to be turned off

try this from xbox one x and my home pc with gtx 1070

We need a fix on hdr standard mode real cinema to be available for control

here is the proof

http://www.imagebam.com/image/fdcfb5705179733

i have a friend with oled65b7v and has the same problem

also in vivid mode hdr dynamic contrast is set to very high without the possibility for unlocking need fix and option available

did you guys report this to the lg ?
5x10 likes this.
post #27139 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Game Mode:

OLED 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Sharpness 0
Color 65
Color Temperature W35

Dynamic Contrast LOW
Wide Color Gamut
Black Level Low (make sure this matches your PS4 Display output).

Any other Display Settings leave to OFF if I haven't mentioned them.

In-game Brightness: 56
In-game Contrast: 50

!
Interesting, I tried these setting on my C7. picture looks good but it won't me change Dynamic Contrast. It is set to off and grayed out. Any idea why?
post #27140 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I have had this happen twice on my G7. I chalked it up to the internal apps (both times it was Netflix) and the system needing a reboot (not unlike when apps get flaky on your PC, phone, etc...) - unplugging the TV for a min fixed it both times. I do not think it is hardware related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim vd Westhuizen View Post
Has anyone had an issue where the their LG 7-series will just suddenly stop outputting the center audio channel when playing content with multi-channel tracks?

I've had this issue happen to me twice now and I don't know what causes it but leaving the TV off for a while resolves the issue. This is super annoying as it's difficult to create a reproducible test scenario which I could explain to a technician so I was hoping maybe it's more common and somebody has some concrete info on this?

This affects all application on the TV (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Plex) and causes all center audio to disappear while the other audio channels are fine which results in all the dialogue going missing and only hearing ambient sounds and background music, etc. There is no change whether I send audio through to my receive or directly from the TV and outputting the stereo track is the only instant work-around (I have tried everything except doing a full factory reset, which would be a major pain). The only fix so far is just waiting a few hours.

The only thing I can think that might cause this a defective audio chip somewhere in the TV that may stop working properly if it gets used too much (or extended use at a certain temperature) as the TV was used a lot this weekend.
post #27141 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you for posting this.

I'm not interested in your settings. I do calibration myself. I was just wondering if the tint trick for skin tones is still valid for Chad.

Ahhh that's cool... so it is? Does R4 R2 give it away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
Actually no. HDR is Technicolor Expert as is HD Dark (Light Control). Dolby Vision is Cinema User

I was talking about SDR for ISF Bright/Dark... I thought you mentioned bright/dark settings in our emails. My HDR and DV are both Cinema (User).

post #27142 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ahhh that's cool... so it is? Does R4 R2 give it away?
seems so. i'm using D-nice's trick (color extended, color 46 and no tint) but want to try chad's method also.
post #27143 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferdad50 View Post
Hey Mo, we have heard from @TravisPNW regarding his overall impressions concerning his recent calibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
Mine was manufactured in January, 2018 and for example for RGB temperatures mine pulled blue and was higher on the graph. He commented that most LGs have higher red. (They need to be lined up in a straight line).
Mine was manufactured in November 2017 and as an example I've attached the before/after graph for my RGB balance of my HDR calibration.

Quote:
seems so. i'm using D-nice's trick (color extended, color 46 and no tint) but want to try chad's method also.

Nice... hope it helped.

Very pleased with Chad's calibration. SDR looks much better... and HDR/DV look stunning. Same can be said for the first 1080p BD I looked at... "A Dog's Purpose." If I didn't know I was looking at 1080p I'd have said it was 4K all day long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RGB.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2394464  
Neoshinta and dejavecu like this.

post #27144 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Mine was manufactured in November 2017 and as an example I've attached the before/after graph for my RGB balance of my HDR calibration.

Nice... hope it helped.

Very pleased with Chad's calibration. SDR looks much better... and HDR/DV look stunning. Same can be said for the first 1080p BD I looked at... "A Dog's Purpose." If I didn't know I was looking at 1080p I'd have said it was 4K all day long.
one more question

in CMS he touched saturation and luminance for primaries and secondaries or luminance only?
post #27145 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Fix for Center Channel Dropout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim vd Westhuizen View Post

I've had this problem a couple of different times. Spoke to LG about it.

It is caused by an upgrade either to the TV firmware or to the LG software or APPS.

Simple fix:

Pause your program turn TV off then back on. Center channel should be back.

LG Fix:
Reboot TV---

Use power on/off switch located lower back left side (E7) and turn TV off.

Remove all HDMI cables from TV.

Turn TV back on from power switch holding switch in on position for 10 seconds.

Let TV fully come on.

Turn TV off with remote (or power switch)

Re-attach all HDMI cables.

Turn TV on usual manner.

That should work until the next significant firmware/software upgrade.

Larry
post #27146 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soycrema View Post
Interesting, I tried these setting on my C7. picture looks good but it won't me change Dynamic Contrast. It is set to off and grayed out. Any idea why?
That’s...odd. I’m not sure why that would be. Maybe someone else can chime in here.
post #27147 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tppytel View Post
As pointed out already, your use of "highest" reflects confusion. Atmos is audio metadata that indicates the position of objects in space, not an audio codec. TrueHD is higher quality than DD or DD+. But Atmos metadata can be attached to both TrueHD and DD+ streams.

And if you read the entire thread you linked for me, you'll see that the 2017 OLED's (but not the 2016's) can indeed pass DD+ w/Atmos over ARC, provided the audio equipment supports it. However, much available audio equipment does not recognize Atmos on its ARC input even if it supports Atmos for its other HDMI inputs. The most common working pairing I've seen is (perhaps unsurprisingly) the LG SJ9 soundbar. I've also seen a couple reports of it working with receivers, but not very many. Whatever needs to be done to allow DD+ w/Atmos over ARC seems to push into a gray area of the ARC specification.
I have an entry level Onkyo TX-RZ610 that does Atmos just fine.
post #27148 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
one more question

in CMS he touched saturation and luminance for primaries and secondaries or luminance only?
English please? LOL... I'm at work so I can't check right now but what am I looking for in color management system?

post #27149 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
You have an RZ. They have a dedicated support number. I had a sound issue and they walked me through a front panel button combo that fixed it. RZ support is great.
post #27150 of 36693 Old 04-23-2018, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4255 Post(s)
Liked: 4552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyes Rodriguez View Post
Hey guys, gaming is great on my C7 but while playing HDR games does anybody notice the ABL? (Automatic Brightness Limiter) Depending on the scene in the game the brightness tends to fluctuate.. I believe it's the nature of OLED but just curious if you guys are seeing the same thing?? Notice it happens in SDR games as well like Fortnite. Thanks.

Not really. I only notice it dim down when I have it paused or something for a while. While playing I do not see any noticeable changes to brightness.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page