2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 924 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980426Likes

post #27691 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Using my PC on the B7A and I notice there is some overscan at the top and bottom of the screen. No setting I can find will fix it. I've tried every option in the TV and the scaling options for my video card don't allow me to only move one side, I have to shrink the display area down and then I have black bars at the very edges of the screen. Anyone know of a fix? Is this related to screen shift in some way perhaps? Not sure what else to really do.
A guy posted earlier about something like this and said to go into settings and make sure just scan is set to on have you tried that.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...ttings-87.html
Post 2584.

LG 65C7T - SONY BRAVIA 65"Z9D
Marantz SR6012 - Pioneer SCLX 58 - Apple 4KTV
Oppo UBD 203/205- Oppo BDP 103 - Panasonic DMP UB900
Playstation 4 - Mordaunt Short Speakers

Last edited by dannybee; 05-08-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27692 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by tppytel View Post
I'm not, but I could have phrased my comment better. Playback of UHD rips is not something that built-in apps (Plex, XPlay, whatever) on any manufacturer's sets tend to do well. You're not supposed to be ripping UHD's and until recently it wasn't easily done. TV manufacturers are huge corporations that want to stay on good terms with the studios, so they're not going to invest much in making rip playback too easy. nVidia and other streamer manufacturers don't have the same kind of business relationship with the studio system that Samsung, Sony, etc. do.

I disagree, especially if you're strictly discussing 4K playback. The Shield's 4K playback is flawless. There are some issues of varying impact with resolution, scaling, and colorspace mapping that affect lower quality sources, though I think those get overblown in forum discussions. But this is not the place for the argument.
That’s fair enough. But since this can be a discussion for devices best suited for the LG OLEDs over the built-in software in the TV, it is still “relevant.” The Vero 4K, from a pure playback standpoint, is the more reliable device. Based on reading a lot lately, many have ditched the Shield for the Vero. It just works.

In any case, the key was to get the word out there that XPlay or the built-in player on the OLEDs doesn’t work properly. It’s close, but no cigar.
post #27693 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybee View Post
A guy posted earlier about something like this and said to go into settings and make sure just scan is set to on have you tried that.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...ttings-87.html
Post 2584.
Yes I always have that on and use original aspect ratio. Anyway I turned pixel shift off just as a test and wouldn't you know it, this feature was causing the display from my PC to be shifted off the edges slightly for whatever reason. I assumed this feature was to shift a static image periodically but I'll admit I'm not 100% sure how it works I just know that for PC usage I have to have it off. Not that I'll use the TV as a full on monitor, I don't want to burn the screen in with my desktop but I do use the TV for gaming which includes my PC so I have to have access to the desktop to load up my games.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27694 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
2017 LG OLED C7 screen jumping on PC after Firmware update.

2017 LG OLED C7 screen jumping on PC after Firmware update. After I updated the screen does the weird jump for lack of better terms. For example, the screen act as if it was doing a minor zoom in like a camera or auto focus or stutter. It only occurs on my PC while watching Netflix the video or image doesn't do this. I've updated to the latest firmware via Korean site 04.70.76
post #27695 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culpepper View Post
I bought those "antiques" new...makes me feel old. :-)
@Culpepper is that an AKAI or NAKAMICHI tape recorder?

LG Oled 65B7P
Anthem MRX 510 receiver , Furman elite
Paradigm Millenia 300 fronts
Paradigm Millenia 30 Center,Mordaunt-Short ADP
PSA XS15se sub, Oppo udp 203, PS4, Bell PVR Fibe tv, ATV 4K
post #27696 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Thanks, Nathan H (and J Bebel) for the reference; great speadsheet and I like your suggestions of modifications to it.

- john

BDP-83 EAP (second group)
post #27697 of 36410 Old 05-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip61 View Post
@Culpepper is that an AKAI or NAKAMICHI tape recorder?
Neither of those...it's a Fostex A4.

http://www.sm5cbw.se/audio/fostex/fostex-a4.htm
post #27698 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 02:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by onaga View Post
can bias lighning increase the perception of shadow detail(or elevate the black floor)???

using a dim bias lighning with my oled i am getting a massive increase in shadow detail, this is using gamma 2.4 in a dark room.
Odd that you perceive more shadow detail as a result of bias lighting, the opposite would be expected. The bias light results in some constriction of the iris of the eye and , where black levels are not very deep (think some LED TVs) there will be a resultant perceived deepening of those grey/blacks. This can result in some loss of shadow detail.
I don't think many of us use bias lighting with OLEDs to increase perceived contrast but rather to prevent the iris from having to open and close constantly as screen light levels vary in a darkened room. This is the reason why eye strain is reduced by bias lighting.
nathan_h, Culpepper and Neoshinta like this.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.

Last edited by alexbarbel; 05-09-2018 at 02:51 AM.
post #27699 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 02:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Peddell View Post
2017 LG OLED C7 screen jumping on PC after Firmware update. After I updated the screen does the weird jump for lack of better terms. For example, the screen act as if it was doing a minor zoom in like a camera or auto focus or stutter. It only occurs on my PC while watching Netflix the video or image doesn't do this. I've updated to the latest firmware via Korean site 04.70.76
confusing post, so it only does it while watching Netflix on the PC or doesn't while watching? Not sure why you would watch it there anyway but I am guessing the issue goes away when you watch Netflix on the PC. This sounds more like a PC resolution issue, graphics card, driver or settings within etc.

Den - LG 65 OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - SVS Ultra-13 - DTV 4K - XBOX One S
Media - LG 65 OLEDC8 - AVR-X4400 - KFL28F - Vienna Acoustics Center - Def GEMS Rear - Def A60 Atmos - Monitor Silver SUB - DTV 4K - XBOX One X
My YouTube Tech Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/TechFan
post #27700 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 02:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Cross View Post
That's my thinking too, was hoping someone had similar experience. Its a pain to box up and return a 65 inch tv. But if its just going to pop up later, especially if out of warranty, better to get rid of it now. Thank you
worth the time to replace even if it goes away like you are seeing. The fact that they will replace it with an new one is the best route anyway.

Den - LG 65 OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - SVS Ultra-13 - DTV 4K - XBOX One S
Media - LG 65 OLEDC8 - AVR-X4400 - KFL28F - Vienna Acoustics Center - Def GEMS Rear - Def A60 Atmos - Monitor Silver SUB - DTV 4K - XBOX One X
post #27701 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 03:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchm3 View Post
Is there a need to do a Pixel Refresher for a new unit? I have everything I need calibrated to my liking but I have never done a Pixel Refresher. Any need?
No and No, leave that alone unless you have an issue that warrants using it.
Culpepper and clutchm3 like this.

post #27702 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
I was watching Mad Max on the 65B7P the other day and decided I really needed to get the light in my basement room under control. I have horizontal blinds on this window but they just don't cut it this time of year with the sun streaming in. I didn't want to put anything outside the frame so decided to make this portable plug out of 1" pink styrofoam board. Put a handle on it to make it removable, beveled (and painted) the edges and applied this poster. Before you think what I did here is weird, let me tell you i've done stranger things...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6581.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2400652  
Culpepper likes this.
post #27703 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
Congrats and welcome...get that popcorn ready😊
SPR was worth the price of admission. The visuals were really good even as grainy as it was (which doesn't bother me) and the Atmos track was amazing.

Nearly 3 hours and I never left the edge of my seat.
chunon, golferdad50 and Cam1977 like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #27704 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 85
After getting my C7 I did a lot of reading on this thread, the 2017 LG OLED calibration thread and other publications (CNET, Rtings) about various recommended picture settings. Tons of great information and recommendations by many contributors. Understandably, most of the settings listed were geared at calibrating the panel to a specific standard, which is logical. We’re told that’s how things should look. But, one piece of advice I kept seeing from some posters that stood out to me was use the settings that look the best to you for your specific environment and panel. After trying the settings that were geared at bringing the panel close the “standard”, I messed with the settings to get it to where it looked good to me. Now, I have my C7 in a room that has a lot of light coming into it during the day. Large floor to ceiling windows that run the length of 3 of the 4 walls. Tons of light coming in during the day. The C7 is used for everyday TV watching with DirecTV and the Apple TV 4k (streaming movies, Netflix, Amazon, Infuse, etc.) being the primary sources. I’m still doing some minor tweaks on these here and there. I know I’ll likely get flamed for various aspects of my settings but so far here is what I have found I like for my setup. I’m posting them in the event they help someone else get to where they want to go with their settings.

SDR sources

Picture Mode: Technicolor Expert

Aspect Ration Settings: Original; Just Scan: On
Energy Saving: Off

OLED Light: 90
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 25
Color: 53
Tint: R2

Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Low
Color Gamut: Wide or Auto (still going back and forth on this one)
Edge Enhancer: On
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.4

White Balance
Color Temperature: Warm1
All other settings under White Balance left at default values

Color Management
All settings under Color Management left at default values

Picture Options
Noise Reduction: Low
MPEG NR: Low
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye Care: Off
True Motion: User – 3 De-judder; 10 De-blurr

4K HDR sources

Picture Mode: Technicolor Expert

OLED Light: 100
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 50
Color: 55
Tint: 0

Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast: Low
Color Gamut: Wide
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance

Color Management

Picture Options
Noise Reduction: Auto
MPEG NR: Auto

4K Dolby Vision sources

Picture Mode: Cinema

OLED Light: 65
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 51
Color: 50
Tint: 0

Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Color Gamut: Wide
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance

Color Management

Picture Options
Noise Reduction: Auto
MPEG NR: Auto
audit13 and Freeze Time like this.
post #27705 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
After getting my C7 I did a lot of reading on this thread, the 2017 LG OLED calibration thread and other publications (CNET, Rtings) about various recommended picture settings. Tons of great information and recommendations by many contributors. Understandably, most of the settings listed were geared at calibrating the panel to a specific standard, which is logical. We’re told that’s how things should look. But, one piece of advice I kept seeing from some posters that stood out to me was use the settings that look the best to you for your specific environment and panel. After trying the settings that were geared at bringing the panel close the “standard”, I messed with the settings to get it to where it looked good to me. Now, I have my C7 in a room that has a lot of light coming into it during the day. Large floor to ceiling windows that run the length of 3 of the 4 walls. Tons of light coming in during the day. The C7 is used for everyday TV watching with DirecTV and the Apple TV 4k (streaming movies, Netflix, Amazon, Infuse, etc.) being the primary sources. I’m still doing some minor tweaks on these here and there. I know I’ll likely get flamed for various aspects of my settings but so far here is what I have found I like for my setup. I’m posting them in the event they help someone else get to where they want to go with their settings.
Thanks for posting - very helpful for folks who have a lot of ambient light. Do you change any of these settings at night, assuming the environment is much darker? And a related question - is there any way to save settings for different environments and toggle between them?

LG OLED B7P | Marantz AV7703 | Outlaw 7075 7-Channel Amp | Apple TV 4K | ACI Sapphires & Protege Fronts | RSL C34E Ceiling Speakers | SVS SB-13 Ultra Sub
post #27706 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 59
LG told Vincent Teoh that adding dynamic tone mapping to game mode isn't possible for the 2017 sets due to hardware limitations.

Pretty annoying...
post #27707 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Cross View Post
A month ago my TV developed a thin straight black horizontal line across the screen. Called CS and they issued a repair order. The TV repair center called me and said they would have to replace the panel, but it is backordered a month. I figured no big deal, could still use the TV. Then he called me this week and said the panel back order was changed to July. He suggested I call LG and get a replacement. So I called LG and they agreed to set up replacement and now here's my question and dilemna. Yesterday the line changed to all white like they were coming back on. Turned on pixel refresher to run after set turned off and this morning everything is fine. Should I just take the replacement when they call to arrange or will I be OK going forward. The set is 5 months into its 1 year warranty.
Thats a great question, the old unit may last forever, where the new unit could break in 3 years......who knows right? Glad you are covered now, but this is why extended warranties exist....
post #27708 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Lg oled c7

Hello,

I am having weird issues with My LG OLED 55"C7 in regards to judder/horizontal lines when playing any content on Windows either via Kodi or VLC.

However when I play it via LG's built in Photo & Video App the content plays flawlessly and beautifully. What coudl be causing this. Its the same content streaming from my FREENAS server.
post #27709 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Wood View Post
Thanks for posting - very helpful for folks who have a lot of ambient light. Do you change any of these settings at night, assuming the environment is much darker? And a related question - is there any way to save settings for different environments and toggle between them?
So far I have not done that as we tend to watch with the overhead lights on (but dimmed) and some accent lighting from table lamps. We tend not to watch it in a "movie-room" setting with little to no ambient lighting. It's more of a general use TV for us (and an awesome one at that!). I've thought about doing a PM setting for the rare occasions when we do watch a movie with almost no lights on. If I go that route, I'll guess the ISF Expert mode (either light or dark) might be a good choice given its similarity to Technicolor Expert mode and adjust OLED light down, etc. And, just toggle between the modes as needed. Not elegant but workable. It would be nice if the TV could use it's internal clock and location to switch to a different PM (one for night viewing) at a specific time...say 1 hour after sunset and then switch back at sunrise but I suspect it might create more issues than solve.
post #27710 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
what's the word on LG dynamic tone mapping (HDR10) vs dolby vision?
post #27711 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
If I go that route, I'll guess the ISF Expert mode (either light or dark) might be a good choice given its similarity to Technicolor Expert mode
Chad B calibrated mine last month and I asked him why he chose ISF Dark/Bright for SDR content over Technicolor... and he said

"They are different from the factory but calibrate the same."

That was good enough for me... didn't really feel a need to question someone who has been calibrating panels professionally for 15+ years.

Just throwing this out there is case anyone has any doubts... go with whatever floats your boat but at the end of the day not going with Technicolor isn't gonna ruin your experience. Mine is quite astonishing across all picture modes.

I watch in a dark room setting.

post #27712 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisPNW View Post
Chad B calibrated mine last month and I asked him why he chose ISF Dark/Bright for SDR content over Technicolor... and he said

"They are different from the factory but calibrate the same."

That was good enough for me... didn't really feel a need to question someone who has been calibrating panels professionally for 15+ years.

Just throwing this out there is case anyone has any doubts... go with whatever floats your boat but at the end of the day not going with Technicolor isn't gonna ruin your experience. Mine is quite astonishing across all picture modes.

I watch in a dark room setting.
Do we know that the imminent upcoming Technicolor upgrade, plus great new thing that Sonoftrumble has talked about, and which may or may not, actually be the same thing, won't produce the need for a change to these sittings?

That's pretty much a rhetorical question where you are concerned, as I'm quite sure that you don't know the answer, nor do I. The point here is that absolutes are most likely ill advised where fast moving technology is concerned. It could very well be that your calibration would be eligible for a tweak when the new stuff hits the pavemant.
post #27713 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Do we know that the imminent upcoming Technicolor upgrade, plus great new thing that Sonoftrumble has talked about, and which may or may not, actually be the same thing, won't produce the need for a change to these sittings?

That's pretty much a rhetorical question where you are concerned, as I'm quite sure that you don't know the answer, nor do I. The point here is that absolutes are most likely ill advised where fast moving technology is concerned. It could very well be that your calibration would be eligible for a tweak when the new stuff hits the pavemant.
Haven't been around much lately. What great new thing? Imminent upcoming Technicolor upgrade? Links?
post #27714 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Is there any info anywhere about the imminent Technicolor upgrade? I thought that was a myth.
Quote:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #27715 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 263
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatJohann View Post
Is there any info anywhere about the imminent Technicolor upgrade? I thought that was a myth.

@sono ftrumble had posted in this Thread that we will get Technicolor HD plus other major upgrades. I think he may work for LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung un659000/SEK-3500
post #27716 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Gotcha. That rumor has been going around for a while. Probably just a rumor then. But here's hoping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post
@sono ftrumble had posted in this Thread that we will get Technicolor HD plus other major upgrades. I think he may work for LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #27717 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I doubt I'll need a tweak. If they are upgrading a picture mode I don't use I don't see why I'd need a tweak. I've already been told by the guy (who's opinion I value pretty highly given his reputation across the AV world) that ISF Bright/Dark is fine and calibrates the same as technicolor... a bandwagon I'm glad I didn't jump on otherwise I might have doubted him.

Either works... and (according to the same expert) one isn't better than the other.

What's funny is I use the ISF Bright/Dark for SDR content... and even though it looks out of this world good as far as SDR is concerned it's still by far the content I care the least about when it comes to viewing. HDR 10 and DolbyVision use Cinema (User) anyway.

post #27718 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatJohann View Post
Gotcha. That rumor has been going around for a while. Probably just a rumor then. But here's hoping.

Pretty gutsy, accusing Sonoftrumble of rumor mongering.What support do you have for that remark?

Last edited by zinfella; 05-09-2018 at 12:08 PM.
post #27719 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Do we know that the imminent upcoming Technicolor upgrade, plus great new thing that Sonoftrumble has talked about...
I saw this update once. I was camping in the woods with a buddy when we both heard a rustle in the bushes near by. As we turned around to look, this update jumped out. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my mobile device out in time to snag a photo.
post #27720 of 36410 Old 05-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
B7 display issue

I have a display issue that I could use some assistance on.

Summary of my setup:

B7 is on the wall above the fireplace (approx. 5 feet from the floor) slightly angled down
HDMI cable run through the wall to Yamaha receiver, all components connected to receiver
Components consist of Oppo UDP203, Apple TV 4K and Comcast cable box

I bought a B7 back in Sept. 2017. Over the winter, I noticed a transparent horizontal line that runs across the screen approx. 1 inch from the bottom. I noticed the line most often with 1.78:1 content, but I sometimes noticed the line with 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 (traveled with the image and didn't stay at the bottom of the screen). The line was much smaller with the different aspect ratios, but it was noticeable if you were looking for it. It did not matter if the content was from the Apple TV, Oppo or Comcast box.

To troubleshoot, I've tried a couple of things.

1. I've toggled 'Just Scan' on and off and played around with the aspect ratio settings. Line still present.
2. I simply switched the main HDMI cable from input #2 to #1 . Line still present.
3. To hopefully rule out my HDMI cable, components and receiver, I connected a separate Apple TV directly to the TV via a separate HDMI cable. Line still present.

I made the assumption based on these tests that the issue lied within the display and not any one component or cable. I submitted a trouble ticker to LG and a local representative from an A/V service company came to my house. He agreed he could see the line, but when he did a video call with LG service the technician could not see it via phone. Therefore, they would not do a screen replacement, but said he could swap out the video card.

Before, I did either I wanted to get some opinions. I can follow-up with some pictures, but it has been a bit challenging to capture the issue with a camera.

Any suggestions on additional troubleshooting to do or follow-up actions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page