2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 959 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980406Likes

post #28741 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 12:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
@alexbarbel . Of course, I know my limits...and usually when it comes to tv's I normally buy one that will last me 5-6 years...but Oleds are so good that I was hooked from jump street. All I can say is that I am certainty enjoying my retirement with these toys😁

I'll second that.
This past 12 months I'v spent much more than I ever thought sensible but I think (hope!) that I have reached the happy state of being very satisfied with my set up. The only thing I will be considering , in the next 5 years , is going from the 65 to something bigger. Who knows, a 100 inch may be an option by then.
Datagg and Cam1977 like this.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28742 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 12:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3051 Post(s)
Liked: 3736
^nothing wrong with enjoying the simple things!
Datagg and alexbarbel like this.
post #28743 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 01:07 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
AT&T Gigapower which is true 1Gbps service - though the speed has definitely dropped as more people have moved into my building. I can still routinely pull between 50-75MB/s. I was lucky and my building is actually wired with fiber to our apartment (inside the building).

I'm on the East Side though...not over there in Silicon Beach
I'm impressed (although obviously “actual customer speeds may vary”)! But naturally it's unavailable where I live which is an old neighborhood still running with copper Motorola infrastructure (built from the old days of Communicom, then AT&T, then Comcast, then Time Warner, now Spectrum).

My needs and price/performance considerations and expectations allow me to survive with 100Mb/s and be perfectly satisfied for the past few years. This is totally sufficient to support all of the streaming devices I've personally come across, which seem to have presumably adequate 10/100 network adapters in them anyway. But then I don't run more than one of these at a time so that may be the explanation why I'm satisfied.

Ok. Enough distraction. Please excuse. Back OT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28744 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 01:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^nothing wrong with enjoying the simple things!
Exactly, but here's a question for you. Do any of your friends have the slightest clue why you spent so much on a TV ?
I have a fairly large group of people I watch football with down the pub and , to my despair, I can't get anyone talking about AV stuff. They all watch more actual TV (as opposed to movies) than I do and some watch more movies but not one has any concerns about picture or sound quality.
They know my passion but I'm not sure that they get it at all. We do , however, all have an overwhelming passion for beer !

post #28745 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv15xbmc View Post
proud owner of a LG 55B7 Oled. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to calibrate my OLED to get the best possible picture display?

Also, is there any point in getting HDMI 2.0 cables for my OLED, SJ9 and Xbox One X?

Your One X came with the proper cables. I also recently got the same TV and asked the same calibration question. It should be posted around the 22nd or 23rd of May in this thread. I got some answers.
post #28746 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
Just got my B7 on Saturday from Costco. My biggest concern coming from the Samsung KS8000 was how well the set would work in a fairly bright room. I've heard OLED's don't get as bright as LCD's and are more suited for dark rooms. I must say I was floored by the picture quality...even in a fairly bright room it was night and day difference! I watched Mad Max 4k and Altered Carbon in DV the first night and was blown away. I don't know if I could go back to LCD now. My only issue with it is vertical banding. I noticed it quite a bit in dark scenes on Sunday but last night I watched a couple shows and it was only slightly noticeable. Could be a change in settings I made or it was on a different picture preset.
A lot of folks have seen an improvement in picture quality after putting some miles on their displays, perhaps this is/will happen to you. I noticed an uptick in PQ on my 65B7P after a couple hundred hours...
Datagg likes this.
post #28747 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
... let me reiterate my original question:

Has anyone ever seen an issue where the left have of the panel was very slightly darker than the right side of the panel, and there was a very clear and sharp delineation in the middle of the screen where this change occurred? If so, did you ever resolve it, and if you did, how did you resolve it?

Hi,
I have seen this exact issue where the left side of the screen was darker than the right.It was a very sharp line a little over a third in from the left.
Content was something I had up on my PC which was basically a full screen light grey(I use my 65B7 as a monitor as well as to watch movies).
All I did was change content and have never seen it again. I also know that someone else has reported it.
I wouldn't call it classic banding as such as it was just two slightly different shades with no streaking or irregularity.
Thank you for your response, somehow I missed it- I have notifications turned on and I get 30-50/day for the 4 or 5 threads I'm subscribed to, so it's working...

Yes, definitely not the usual 'banding' issue some people have reported... mine was very apparent when it started, no matter what content was displayed. Over a couple of weeks I ran maybe 8-10 Pixel-Refresher sessions, and it gradually became less apparent but it's definitely still there... most apparent when a uniform background is displayed, like a sky, or a generated color background with a Chyron (electronically generated text) over it.

With almost 30,000 posts in this thread, it's going to be impossible to go thru all the posts searching for this... by any chance, did you respond to any of the other people who had this same problem? Maybe I can search by your username... that might narrow it down to what, 500-1000?
post #28748 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk246 View Post
Thank you for your response, somehow I missed it- I have notifications turned on and I get 30-50/day for the 4 or 5 threads I'm subscribed to, so it's working...

Yes, definitely not the usual 'banding' issue some people have reported... mine was very apparent when it started, no matter what content was displayed. Over a couple of weeks I ran maybe 8-10 Pixel-Refresher sessions, and it gradually became less apparent but it's definitely still there... most apparent when a uniform background is displayed, like a sky, or a generated color background with a Chyron (electronically generated text) over it.

With almost 30,000 posts in this thread, it's going to be impossible to go thru all the posts searching for this... by any chance, did you respond to any of the other people who had this same problem? Maybe I can search by your username... that might narrow it down to what, 500-1000?
I'm sorry but the issue was discussed sometime ago and I'm not sure if I responded, but think I may have. I don't think anyone was seeing the issue in normal viewing. I would say that because you are , if I could pursue a warranty claim, then I would.

Last edited by alexbarbel; 05-31-2018 at 06:12 AM.
post #28749 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
can anyone verify if the 3.5mm composite input jack will work with the lg compoent to 3.5mm jack on the 2017 models or does this adapter only work with the 2016 models??
component to 3.5mm adapter model LG-EAD61273107
post #28750 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Damaged Screen

In a rather unfortunate accident (please don't ask how) the screen on my 55C7 is damaged. When I try to turn the set on I briefly see a vertical and horizontal bar flash intersecting on the bottom right area where the damage is, and then the set shuts off. Can this be repaired and at what cost? I live in Canada and bought the set at a local Best Buy with Geek Squad protection (which likely doesn't cover this).
post #28751 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveatkinson View Post
In a rather unfortunate accident (please don't ask how) the screen on my 55C7 is damaged. When I try to turn the set on I briefly see a vertical and horizontal bar flash intersecting on the bottom right area where the damage is, and then the set shuts off. Can this be repaired and at what cost? I live in Canada and bought the set at a local Best Buy with Geek Squad protection (which likely doesn't cover this).
What happened?

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
post #28752 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrshell View Post
What happened?
Well I said please don't ask,.. but fact is something struck the surface.
charlesrshell likes this.
post #28753 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Well I said please don't ask,.. but fact is something struck the surface.
Understand, sorry, thanks.

DISH Network / Hopper 3 x2 / 4K Joey x2 / Wireless Joey x2
LG OLED 55C7P-U
LG UP970-N 4K Blu-ray Player
post #28754 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ouch ! Sorry to hear this.
Sounds like a new panel is needed but no idea of the cost.
Also don't know about Canada but here in the UK , if bought by card, certain card companies provide free accidental damage cover.
Good luck.
Culpepper likes this.

Last edited by alexbarbel; 05-31-2018 at 08:45 AM.
post #28755 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
My C7 just arrived. Messing with the settings a bit with some posted here but I understand break in time needed. Problem is with the internet and what happened to my Youtube app. I clicked on it..agreed to terms and update and then got nothing but a black screen..and now youtube is not listed as an option?? I tried amazon Prime..agreed to update and even though the app is there it still asking me for an update. My Panny plasma can access everything, including my PC and is right next to the LG...any ideas?? I am doing this via 5G Wi Fi.
post #28756 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
My C7 just arrived. Messing with the settings a bit with some posted here but I understand break in time needed. Problem is with the internet and what happened to my Youtube app. I clicked on it..agreed to terms and update and then got nothing but a black screen..and now youtube is not listed as an option?? I tried amazon Prime..agreed to update and even though the app is there it still asking me for an update. My Panny plasma can access everything, including my PC and is right next to the LG...any ideas?? I am doing this via 5G Wi Fi.
Just wondering if doing a factory reset may be in order but not sure how it's done so you would need to do some research.

post #28757 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudx View Post
can anyone verify if the 3.5mm composite input jack will work with the lg compoent to 3.5mm jack on the 2017 models or does this adapter only work with the 2016 models??
component to 3.5mm adapter model LG-EAD61273107
I don't know, but its not hard to find a component to HDMI adapter.
post #28758 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6661 Post(s)
Liked: 6644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
Another issue now, anyone else have lip sync issues with this set? Using the internal speakers with my comcast box, and the optical out to the AVR is perfect, but the TV sound is too behind, even after a -5 adjustment! TV sound was also off using the LG's media player to play a 4K file.
That is rare to get lip sync issues with internal speakers......
post #28759 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry but the issue was discussed sometime ago and I'm not sure if I responded, but think I may have. I don't think anyone was seeing the issue in normal viewing. I would say that because you are , if I could pursue a warranty claim, then I would.
Yeah, that was always a serious consideration, but it's a slippery slope, because I don't have any of the banding or other picture inconsistences that many others have reported, and knowing how this problem was resolved for others would help inform my decision about how I proceed from here, as in 'repair' vs 'total replacement'- and at this point, I don't even know if LG would even have a new replacement, or if it would be a refurb, or if they would just give me a refund or discounted pricing on a 2018 model.
I don't know what's up with the thread search, but when I searched this thread for your name, it came up with 11 results, and didn't even include some I your posts that I know exist in this thread. Should have been in the hundreds, I imagine.
Thanks your help!
alexbarbel likes this.
post #28760 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just wondering if doing a factory reset may be in order but not sure how it's done so you would need to do some research.
I can get you tube via internet on tv but forget any 4K..I will be hard wiring down the road. Wi Fi really sucks on this tv.
post #28761 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can get you tube via internet on tv but forget any 4K..I will be hard wiring down the road. Wi Fi really sucks on this tv.
yes, some people report very poor wifi but personally I haven't had any real issues other than a bit of buffering on the Dolby Vision demos that are built in.

post #28762 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2038 Post(s)
Liked: 1905
Quote:
If you haven't already done so, try updating your firmware via the LG Korea site to version .90. It has some fixes for wifi issues. I've never heard of anyone connecting their OLED to 5G, let us know how that goes.

If that doesn't work, try disabling "quick start" in general settings. That has helped some people.
post #28763 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, that was always a serious consideration, but it's a slippery slope, because I don't have any of the banding or other picture inconsistences that many others have reported, and knowing how this problem was resolved for others would help inform my decision about how I proceed from here, as in 'repair' vs 'total replacement'- and at this point, I don't even know if LG would even have a new replacement, or if it would be a refurb, or if they would just give me a refund or discounted pricing on a 2018 model.
I don't know what's up with the thread search, but when I searched this thread for your name, it came up with 11 results, and didn't even include some I your posts that I know exist in this thread. Should have been in the hundreds, I imagine.
Thanks your help!
Someone did report on this thread that recently, when he had a problem with his 7 series, LG were unable to fix or replace it and gave him an 8 series instead and made no charge.

post #28764 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yes, some people report very poor wifi but personally I haven't had any real issues other than a bit of buffering on the Dolby Vision demos that are built in.

My Panny plasma sitting right next to the LG connects perfectly..I will look for the built in stuff..thanks
post #28765 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My Panny plasma sitting right next to the LG connects perfectly..I will look for the built in stuff..thanks
Press Recents on the remoye and then find the Dolby tile.

post #28766 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
I think updating the firmware to 4.70.90 is in order. My WiFi connection was very sporadic until I updated to that version.

If updating to 4.70.90,you’ll have to do it manually,via a DL to a USB thumb drive. There’s a thread here with instructions on how to go about doing that etc.
post #28767 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Press Recents on the remoye and then find the Dolby tile.

says same thing..must update app..I click ok..back to what I was watching?
post #28768 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Someone did report on this thread that recently, when he had a problem with his 7 series, LG were unable to fix or replace it and gave him an 8 series instead and made no charge.
On the surface that sounds very positive, but are the 8 series any less affected by the screen uniformity issues? If not, that could mean trading in one smaller level screen issue for many other larger one... like I said, slippery slope.
post #28769 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
On the surface that sounds very positive, but are the 8 series any less affected by the screen uniformity issues? If not, that could mean trading in one smaller level screen issue for many other larger one... like I said, slippery slope.
Not sure what is being reported about screen uniformity with the 8 series and , as you say, could be a risk.
Up to now I have been very fortunate with my 65B7. I never see any banding, have seen some posterisation very , very rarely and only see any judder just as rarely. I wouldn't want to be swapping mine unless I was sure it was going to be just as good.

post #28770 of 36391 Old 05-31-2018, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Rule # 3265
If Ever Possible; ALWAYS USE ETHERNET over WIFI.

Where my tv, blue ray, directv receiver, PS, and roku are; they all had WIFI capability. FORTUNATELY for me; my Directv Receiver ONLY HAD Ethernet. That meant, if I wanted Internet access for my Directv Receiver, I would need a wireless bridge. I had a 5g/2.4g Linksys wireless bridge available and used that for the directv receiver. The 5g wireless from my router is only about 30 feet away. Directv works great on it.

Wanting to experiment, and knowing that a quality bridge has better WIFI than most internal WIFI transceivers; I plugged my blue ray, PS, and new OLED65B7P into the wireless bridge via ethernet instead of their built in WIFI. Along with the Directv receiver. The bridge has a built in 4 port ethernet switch.

Freakin-A. SO MUCH BETTER. The blue ray, OLED, PS, and Directv are so much happier. I've had the directv, ps, and blue ray in the bridge for the last 2 years. I only recently bought the OLED. I tried the WIFI first in the tv. It "Worked", but there were buffering and lagging. Both 2.4 and 5g. I put it in the bridge via ethernet and it's perfect. Then again, I really don't NEED internet to my tv, because I will NEVER use the built in apps. (It will never compete with quality of a Roku, Apple, Firestick, etc. Sorry...... but they simply can't make apps in a tv compete with a dedicated streaming media player. Not yet.

My Roku ultra, does have a great 5g wifi, so I do use that instead of using the bridge for network connectivity. But the tv, directv receiver, ps, and blue ray; they ALL go into the bridge. But, you get what you pay for. My wireless bridge is about $175. But like a router, it can do QOS, it has wireless speeds of up to 1300mbps. Some people buy "Cheap" ethernet to wireless adapters for $19-$29 and say "THESE SUCK". You get what you pay for.

P.S. The ONLY thing in my house I use WIFI for, other than this Bridge and Roku are tablets and smart phones. ALL tv's, desktops, laptops, security cam, etc... ALL USE ETHERNET. If I have to use WIFI, like for the theater equipment, I use a quality wireless bridge. Not "Normal" quality wifi. Even converting from ethernet to quality wireless bridge is better than most built in wifi. (Again, QUALITY bridge; not a cheap ethernet to wifi adapter.)
Skytrooper likes this.

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

Last edited by Christcorp; 05-31-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page