2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 971 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980425Likes

post #29101 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Thanks for the link, honestly way over my head though after reading through it. I eventually want to get a pro-calibration by one of our AVS forum experts like D-Nice, but wanted to try out a few small tweaks in the mean time. I had been using Sonoftumbles settings which I thought were pretty good, read D-Nice's commentary on not changing the OLED light or brightness and wanted to try that and see what I thought. Saw he mentioned the white point change being needed, but I don't own any calibration equipment to try and enter the values into. Unless I'm missing something and I can enter these x,y coordinates in the TV settings themselves without the gear needed.

My setup: Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 and center, Ascend HTM200SE surround, NHT atmos minis, dual Rythmik L12's, Pioneer SC-95, Minidsp DDRC-88BM, Rotel RMB1077, LG OLED B7P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29102 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Nope. Without measurement tools, you are best leaving CMS and Grayscale untouched.

Choose the Technicolor preset. That ALREADY has the offset built in. It has good gamma, good color temp, and good color space.

For HDR10, and DV, don't change the backlight etc. For SDR, you should turn the OLED light down -- maybe 60 for daytime and 40 for dark times.
brianmlamb likes this.
post #29103 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty View Post
Yeah, don't touch his color settings, just the standard picture stuff,shouldn't take long, but lets see if we can get going with what you have. Also, dont just cycle through the settings to see how it looks, for thing like the black level there are very much "correct" settings. Lets start with one source, the PS4 (also, the base PS4 does HDR, don't need a pro for that so that throws a whole other wrinkle into it). Pick a game that had the issue you're seeing and load it up. Make sure your ps4 rgb settings are set to auto. Make sure the picture mode is set to "Game", and use these settings, see if your issue persists.

Energy Saving: Off

BASIC SETTINGS:
OLED LIGHT: 50
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50
Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROLS
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Edge Enhancer: On
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.2

PICTURE OPTIONS
Noise Reduction : Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye Care: Off
TrueMotion: Off

Make sure the game is loaded up when you set these and let me know how it looks. (this only applies to SDR games, let me know if you see the HDR logo in the upper right when booting up the game, those settings are different.) These basic settings should apply to all your SDR consoles.

I didn't word that correctly. I have never seen the HDR logo pop up when playing games on PS4. PS4 is set to Auto and I have the TV on game mode. The basic settings I was able to do but I do not have expert controls. Only advanced controls. Color Gamut is greyed out and on wide. I can't get to it, it skips right over it. There is no edge enhancer. The only options I have for gamma are low, medium, High1 and high 2. It's set on medium. Under picture options, Real Cinema is greyed out and set to off. Again, I can't choose it. TruMotion is also greyed out but set to Off. I do have the options that you referred to but not under game. They are under different tv modes. I am testing it on the same Fallout 4 scene I posted earlier. Banding is still there although these settings are darker so it's not as noticeable. If this setting work for all games that aren't in HDR, I will check out Super Mario Odyssey and see what it looks like.

Last edited by Freeze Time; 06-05-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29104 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
I didn't word that correctly. I have never seen the HDR logo pop up when playing games on PS4. PS4 is set to Auto and I have the TV on game mode. The basic settings I was able to do but I do not have expert controls. Only advanced controls. Color Gamut is greyed out and on wide. I can't get to it, it skips right over it. There is no edge enhancer. The only options I have for gamma are low, medium, High1 and high 2. It's set on medium. Under picture options, Real Cinema is greyed out and set to off. Again, I can't choose it. TruMotion is also greyed out but set to Off. I do have the options that you referred to but not under game. They are under different tv modes. I am testing it on the same Fallout 4 scene I posted earlier. Banding is still there although these settings are darker so it's not as noticeable. If this setting work for all games that aren't in HDR, I will check out Super Mario Odyssey and see what it looks like.
Yeah, sorry about that, I posted generic settings, a lot are disabled in "Game" mode. You definitely should have the picture options, make sure you scroll down all the way at the main settings page. Make sure that black level is set to low. If you confirm that it is and still have banding, it may be a bad panel. I've never noticed any banding in my games. I'm still lost on the haloing effect you're seeing, maybe another picture would help but I'm at a loss. (If your Switch is on a different HDMI you'll have to redo these settings for that input) Good luck!
post #29105 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah, sorry about that, I posted generic settings, a lot are disabled in "Game" mode. You definitely should have the picture options, make sure you scroll down all the way at the main settings page. Make sure that black level is set to low. If you confirm that it is and still have banding, it may be a bad panel. I've never noticed any banding in my games. I'm still lost on the haloing effect you're seeing, maybe another picture would help but I'm at a loss. (If your Switch is on a different HDMI you'll have to redo these settings for that input) Good luck!

Yes, I stated I was able to do all the ones except for greyed out or missing ones. Black level was already at low. I can just redo the settings for Switch or use the same input. There is also a chance I am more sensitive to the banding than you are. Unless you have the games I have listed, we can't really compare. What PS4 games do you have? I take it you don't own a Switch or Xbox One? Also, it's not only in games. I have noticed it on other sources like youtube, netflix, OTA etc. I only own one 4k Blu ray. X-men Days of Future past. I'll put that on and see what happens. I'll check Odyssey first and report back.
post #29106 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, I stated I was able to do all the ones except for greyed out or missing ones. Black level was already at low. I can just redo the settings for Switch or use the same input. There is also a chance I am more sensitive to the banding than you are. Unless you have the games I have listed, we can't really compare. What PS4 games do you have? I take it you don't own a Switch or Xbox One? Also, it's not only in games. I have noticed it on other sources like youtube, netflix, OTA etc. I only own one 4k Blu ray. X-men Days of Future past. I'll put that on and see what happens. I'll check Odyssey first and report back.
I have them all, my switch is packed away currently. I do have Fallout 4, see if you can find a scene right in the beginning that has the banding and I can reproduce easily and we'll compare. I have a ton of other PS4 games as well so if you can't find a scene in the beginning we can try another game. Just let me know if you find something that I can get to easily and hopefully we can get you sorted out.

There's also probably an easier way to do this with a slide that everyone could comment on to indicate if your panel is bad, but someone else would have to weigh on in how to do that.
post #29107 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have them all, my switch is packed away currently. I do have Fallout 4, see if you can find a scene right in the beginning that has the banding and I can reproduce easily and we'll compare. I have a ton of other PS4 games as well so if you can't find a scene in the beginning we can try another game. Just let me know if you find something that I can get to easily and hopefully we can get you sorted out.

There's also probably an easier way to do this with a slide that everyone could comment on to indicate if your panel is bad, but someone else would have to weigh on in how to do that.

It's more noticeable at night which makes the Cap Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey the perfect test and here are 2 pics with the settings you just gave me of what I am talking about. I played The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild a couple of days ago and didn't notice anything but I was playing it on HDR effect strong. Fallout 4 pics earlier just came from me underwater and I think at night. It's still noticeable in the day by just looking at the sky. It's also noticeable when in elevators. I played most of Fallout 4 on my Vizio and I have put like 200 hours into that game or something but I can go back to when it began and look for examples. I already posted pics of Uncharted 3 remastered when I was in the desert. I have the Last of US remastered, Some of the Call of Duty games, MLB The Show 17, The Uncharted collection, Watchdogs, Guitar Hero Live, and some other games like The Witness, Firewatch, Inside and Marvel Puzzle Quest off the top of my head. I beat Halo 3 on this TV and noticed banding in that game too.

Oh I just thought of the game Limbo. That's in black and white so I will fire it up and see what it looks like. Here's the Cap Kingdom in Odyssey with the settings you just gave me. Again, looks worse on my TV than in these pics.

post #29108 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-gordon-7 View Post
We have the 55B7P and don't find the silver bezel (which is only 5/64" wide - i.e. pencil-line thin - when viewed head-on) the least bit distracting when watching during the day, nor is it even really visible at all when watching at night. And for when not watching (i.e. when the set is off), we find the very thin hint of a silver border subtly framing the jet black screen makes the set seem less monolithic/industrial and more attractive as an item in our living room than if there was no visible border at all.
You must use very thick pencils !
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
You must use very thick pencils !
alexbarbel, not quite sure what your "point" is... ;-) ;-) ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6884-cmp.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	2412354  
post #29109 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
*snip*
Ok, I'll take a look, I also didn't realize there was a separate thread for this issue, may want to post there and you'll get better help than I can give unfortunately. And you have me scared to look too closely at mine in case I suddenly start noticing and being bothered by the banding haha.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...ignetting.html
post #29110 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackGuyver View Post
Unfortunately part of it is the OLED or at least LG's current state of development with it. You can play with the settings, but it doesn't seem possible to get it right with all source material. Just aim to get it as smooth as you're willing to tolerate and learn to live with some judder during the occasional pan. I've settled on User/De-Judder 3/De-Blur1, but it's a highly individual thing on OLEDs, I hate to say. Some, like myself, would err on the side of some judder vs. the soap opera effect, which I really hate. I spent many years of my youth as a projectionist...so 24fps is my preference.
Is it better to use the Oppo-203 for deinterlacing with the HDMI inputs help with the motion on interlaced content? I was looking at getting an Oppo-203, when the last production run is available.
post #29111 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok, I'll take a look, I also didn't realize there was a separate thread for this issue, may want to post there and you'll get better help than I can give unfortunately. And you have me scared to look too closely at mine in case I suddenly start noticing and being bothered by the banding haha.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...ignetting.html

That's not what I am referring to though. If anyone here has Hulu, go to the show Bob's Burgers and play season 3 episode 15 and start at 16:24 in and watch until 16:34. Look at the sky. It's a mess. That's what I am on about.
post #29112 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2355 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Peddell View Post
Good Afternoon,

I wanted to inform everyone that owns this display that it's capable of being overclocked with a Nvidia GPU @ resolutions such as 2560x1080 @120 hz, 3440x1440 @120 hz, and 3840x1600 @120 hz. However, you must be in 1920x1080 @120 hz in order to create those resolutions or else the display will fail to do so.

It capable of accepting the input - did you make sure you can see all the pixels at that refresh?

There is a 18gbs cap on hdmi

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #29113 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathek View Post
I'm not sure how it's possible that game mode is "gone" - it's literally just a default image setting that can be applied to an input. So that's strange.
Game mode disappears if you use the LG sound sync/bluetooth audio output.
post #29114 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
It capable of accepting the input - did you make sure you can see all the pixels at that refresh?

There is a 18gbs cap on hdmi
18 Gbps is more than enough for 2560x1440 @ 120Hz, but it's a moot point as the only resolution above 1920x1080 that the TV accepts is 3840x2160.
post #29115 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuru View Post
Hello! The wife has approved an upgrade to a 4k setup, and I have decided on the LG B7.

So, the only real question is, since this will be my main tv for the next few years, a 55" or 65"? The main viewing area is about 10 feet from the screen. I am coming from an 'ancient' 2008 samsung lcd 47".

Either way, looking forward to joining the oled group.
See the attached pic... then you decide.

I didn't even have to stress over a decision. The girlfriend said "get the 65" and I said "yes ma'am."

Then I got to work the next day and my boss (who had initially told me about OLED) told me "if you walked out of the store with anything less than the 65 you bought the wrong one."

Good luck... and remember... the top cause of buyer's remorse is screen size.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BB.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	930.1 KB
ID:	2412444  
Sask HT likes this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #29116 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paku View Post
Game mode disappears if you use the LG sound sync/bluetooth audio output.

That explains it. I was using a Bluetooth headset while playing Bioshock 2. So that's a glitch of this TV?
post #29117 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
That's not what I am referring to though. If anyone here has Hulu, go to the show Bob's Burgers and play season 3 episode 15 and start at 16:24 in and watch until 16:34. Look at the sky. It's a mess. That's what I am on about.
Yup, I see the banding in the scene, looks exactly the same on my LCD computer monitor though and is probably an artifact of the hulu compression. I don't have fallout installed anymore but I just played through the opening scene of LoU Remastered (that's an HDR game you own btw) in SDR and didn't notice any banding. Some of what you're seeing might be fault of the rendering pipeline for certain games and how they handle lighting maybe, thats a wild stab in the dark. Or maybe I'm just not sensitive to it, if that's the case I'm kind of hesitant to go looking for a problem I'm not having. Sorry man, wish I could have been of more help.
post #29118 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
That explains it. I was using a Bluetooth headset while playing Bioshock 2. So that's a glitch of this TV?
Was the bluetooth paired with the TV or the PS4? Shouldn't be an issue if you paired to the ps4.
post #29119 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yup, I see the banding in the scene, looks exactly the same on my LCD computer monitor though and is probably an artifact of the hulu compression. I don't have fallout installed anymore but I just played through the opening scene of LoU Remastered (that's an HDR game you own btw) in SDR and didn't notice any banding. Some of what you're seeing might be fault of the rendering pipeline for certain games and how they handle lighting maybe, thats a wild stab in the dark. Or maybe I'm just not sensitive to it, if that's the case I'm kind of hesitant to go looking for a problem I'm not having. Sorry man, wish I could have been of more help.

Okay so you do see that at least. That's what I am seeing in the sky of Super Mario Odyssey too along with the halo around the moon. Again, I didn't notice any of these issues on my Vizio. Setting the Switch to Full instead of automatic did help though. I will go ahead and put on TLOU and see what it looks like. I'm confused though. If it's an HDR game, why did you play it in SDR?

Oh and the headset was paired with the TV. I like it because it's automatic as soon as I turn it on. I use wired headphones into my controller for PS4.
post #29120 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm guessing it's intentional. Since BT often introduces a delay in audio you'd want to delay the picture by the same amount to keep things in sync, but Game mode does the exact opposite so that particular combination doesn't make much sense and they probably just disabled it altogether.
post #29121 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Okay so you do see that at least. That's what I am seeing in the sky of Super Mario Odyssey too along with the halo around the moon. Again, I didn't notice any of these issues on my Vizio. Setting the Switch to Full instead of automatic did help though. I will go ahead and put on TLOU and see what it looks like. I'm confused though. If it's an HDR game, why did you play it in SDR?

Oh and the headset was paired with the TV. I like it because it's automatic as soon as I turn it on. I use wired headphones into my controller for PS4.
I thought maybe the issue would be exacerbated by SDR so I wanted to see if I could get any banding to appear. If you see any in last of us, please use photomode and try to get a shot. I think you may be seeing inherent limitations in the source. They might have been mitigated somewhat on your vizio because of the slower pixel response and general lower PQ....there is a possibility that you are just seeing these images more clearly than you're used to. Also, if you set the switch to full, you should set your tv black level to high to match, otherwise you'd have elevated or crushed blacks, forget which. This stuff is fun isn't it?
post #29122 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
Hi,
I use my B7 as a PC monitor as well and don't see the issues you are having at all. i originally passed the PC to a Marantz 7010 AVR but now through an Arcam 850. I had both units on pass through.
I use HDR Effect on Light and think the picture is great for a monitor.

One thing I did find initially was that I had crushed blacks and so tried Black Level on High rather than Low. I didn't like the results and so went into Intel Graphics Properties on the PC and changed the Gamma from 1.0 to 1.2 for all colour values(oddly in this app increasing the gamma value lightens the picture). That adjustment sorted things out and it now looks great to me. Perhaps I should have altered the colour ranges at each stage in the chain but simply altering the gamma did what I wanted and so I settled for that.
I wish I "couldn't" see what's there because of the WRGB pixel structure but it's there. Just look at the review stars on a Amazon product. Actually don't look for it and enjoy it as is. I have a x930e to compare it to so it's super obvious and disgusting the way it renders text/colors on PC.

Another user returned his thinking it was a defective panel and the replacement did the same thing. Mine was a May 2018 manufacture date too.
post #29123 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Using Netgear NightHawk X4S Tri-Band Extender EX7500

I do not know if anyone is using this wifi extender. It seems to work with every device I own except my 65C7P running the 04.70.90 software. When I go to the Network/Wi-Fi Connection/advanced menu I have Xs in the last 2 positions. I have tried resetting the router (Hitron CG3) including a full factory reset, unplugging the TV, factory resetting the TV but it simply won't connect. I have not contacted either LG or Netgear yet. I was hoping someone here might have run into this problem and has a solution. The TV readily connects to the router itself. I

On another note is there a secret to getting the Android LG Remote Plus to connect since the last update to the app last month? I had it working fine until the update but now I can get it to connect only once in a blue moon.

Thanks for everyone's help.
post #29124 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:

If it helps, here's Cap Kingdom moon on my B7, (Game Mode, OLED light 50 Contrast 90 Brightness 51 Black level High and RGB auto on Switch)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3522.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2412578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3525.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	2412580  

post #29125 of 36406 Old 06-05-2018, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hi guys, I have a question regarding Dolby Vision - is there supposed to be a logo in the top right corner when the media has DV? Similar to HDR?

When watching YouTube HDR clips, the HDR logo comes up, but nothing when watching DV CLIPS, is there some specific setting that I need to enable?

TV is on the latest firmware version.

Thanks

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

TV: LG OLED 55C7
Player: Oppo UDP-203
AVR: Cambridge Audio CXR200
Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 towers (bi-amped), PSB Image C5 centre, Monitor Audio Bronze FX surrounds (bipole), Velodyne Impact 10 sub
post #29126 of 36406 Old 06-06-2018, 12:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3737
^yes their should a logo to let you know when either hdr/dv is playing...some of the YouTube clips say hdr and their not...so that could be your problem. Try the Dolby Access app.
bigzee3 likes this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 06-06-2018 at 12:56 AM.
post #29127 of 36406 Old 06-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I thought maybe the issue would be exacerbated by SDR so I wanted to see if I could get any banding to appear. If you see any in last of us, please use photomode and try to get a shot. I think you may be seeing inherent limitations in the source. They might have been mitigated somewhat on your vizio because of the slower pixel response and general lower PQ....there is a possibility that you are just seeing these images more clearly than you're used to. Also, if you set the switch to full, you should set your tv black level to high to match, otherwise you'd have elevated or crushed blacks, forget which. This stuff is fun isn't it?

I could have swore I checked out both black levels and high on the TV made it worse. I will have to try again tomorrow. I checked out TLOU and you're right, it asked me if I wanted to play in HDR. I selected yes. The opening scene did have a halo effect when he was carrying her to her room but it went super quick. I messed around in her room and everything looked great. HDR really made the colors pop. The banding or whatever you want to call it effect I'm seeing isn't present most of the time. I'm just sensitive to it when it is happening. I watched Thor Ragnarok on Netflix and 1:08.10-1:09.10 you can see the red background "crushing" or "banding" but it's not extremely offense but it's there. I just wish I could get rid of it without having to put the brightness or contrast almost all the way down. Again, I don't want to ruin things for you if you can't really tell or it doesn't bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
If it helps, here's Cap Kingdom moon on my B7, (Game Mode, OLED light 50 Contrast 90 Brightness 51 Black level High and RGB auto on Switch)

How would that help? LOL. It looks like mine did until I changed Switch from Auto to Full and I believe I have black level at Low. It makes it look a little better and not as much haloing effect around the moon and as much banding or crushing blacks in the sky. A poster in the other thread told me that these are just how the LG OLEDS are and that I will have to get a Sony if I can't get used to the banding or crushing whatever you want to call it. That sucks if true. LG can't fit it in a firmware update or anything? It would be a pain in the butt to send this thing back to the shipper.
post #29128 of 36406 Old 06-06-2018, 02:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^Can you post a pic of what your seeing on Thor Ragnarok.
post #29129 of 36406 Old 06-06-2018, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^yes their should a logo to let you know when either hdr/dv is playing...some of the YouTube clips say hdr and their not...so that could be your problem. Try the Dolby Access app.
Thanks, I downloaded some clips from the Dolby website, and the DV logo does come up.

So it was just the YouTube clips then.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

TV: LG OLED 55C7
Player: Oppo UDP-203
AVR: Cambridge Audio CXR200
Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 towers (bi-amped), PSB Image C5 centre, Monitor Audio Bronze FX surrounds (bipole), Velodyne Impact 10 sub
post #29130 of 36406 Old 06-06-2018, 02:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^no problem, yeah its YouTube for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page