2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 978 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980411Likes

post #29311 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
It will likely be cheaper to get the new C8 than buy the C7 and 2 missing parts.
It's actually quite an extreme discount around 1300 for a 65'. I was thinking if a stand is about 100 and the remote looks to be 75 that might be worth it. I've read buying OLED open box might be a bit risky though due to burn in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29312 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi, like many, I recently bought an lg tv for hdr gaming and noticed HDR game mode was very dim with no fix in sight for the foreseeable future. I have an lg b7.

I set the tv to PC mode, by going into the "all inputs" and setting "EDIT ICON" to "PC". This allows you to have low input lag of game mode and the high brightness of standard mode, but it introduces a horrible color desaturation and yellowish tint. Lets work on fixing that with the settings below. Try them out and let me know what you think. I think they look great for HDR and SD content.

FOR PC MODE ONLY:

HDR SETTINGS:
HDR Picture mode: Standard
OLED LIGHT: 100
CONTRAST: 100
BRIGHTNESS: 50
SHARPNESS: 15
COLOR: 67 (re-saturates colors)
TINT: R20 (Fixes yellowish tint)
COLOR TEMPERATURE: W45

SDR SETTINGS:
Picture mode: Standard
OLED LIGHT: 80
COLOR: 50
TINT: 0

Feel free to change things like OLED light if its too bright and strains your eyes, Color, and color temperature.
Bahn Yuki likes this.

Last edited by snakekilla; 06-09-2018 at 09:54 PM.
post #29313 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2038 Post(s)
Liked: 1909
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizens View Post
It's actually quite an extreme discount around 1300 for a 65'. I was thinking if a stand is about 100 and the remote looks to be 75 that might be worth it. I've read buying OLED open box might be a bit risky though due to burn in.
What are the hours? Wallmounting an option? Personally I would go for a new in box B7A which wouldn't be much more, after price matching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29314 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6661 Post(s)
Liked: 6644
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatJohann View Post
Hi everyone between the Sony x700 or the LG UBK90 or LG UP970 - which is the best 4K Blu ray player with Dolby Vision for our LG OLED?
Sony x700 seems to be the go to unit for now. Might want to look at the Panasonic DMP-UB900 as well......
post #29315 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 328
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:

There are full stands that you can buy and mount the tv directly to the stand similar to how you would mount it to the wall and they also sell just the mounting part that the TV would mount to and then sit on top of another stand which I believe someone shared a link to in this thread in last few days which would work and prob be cheaper than buying a replacement LG stand.

I’m sure you can get a remote on eBay if you absolutely need one but a Harmony remote works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Culpepper likes this.

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
post #29316 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Quote:
Hi everyone between the Sony x700 or the LG UBK90 or LG UP970 - which is the best 4K Blu ray player with Dolby Vision for our LG OLED?

I have both the Sony x700 and the LG 970. Full disclosure - I have the Sony connected to my Optoma 4k HDR projector and the LG 970 connected to my LG OLED so I have never tried DV on the Sony since my projector does not support DV. That said, if I had to choose to keep only 1 I would choose the Sony. The video quality appears to be the same but I really prefer the Sony UI and built in apps.

Mark
post #29317 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Someone already seen this type of problem?
I recently noticed this DSE when displaying yellow, red and pink colors. The Tv show vertical darker lines and is very annoying.

imgur.com/a/MCCq0Ec
post #29318 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
What are the hours? Wallmounting an option? Personally I would go for a new in box B7A which wouldn't be much more, after price matching.
Nah, wall-mounting isn't possible for me I'll do some research on the 65 B7A prices to see what they would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
There are full stands that you can buy and mount the tv directly to the stand similar to how you would mount it to the wall and they also sell just the mounting part that the TV would mount to and then sit on top of another stand which I believe someone shared a link to in this thread in last few days which would work and prob be cheaper than buying a replacement LG stand.

I’m sure you can get a remote on eBay if you absolutely need one but a Harmony remote works just fine.

I saw some of those on Amazon, but wasn't sure if they actually work on not.. Sounds like they would! Yeah the replacement LG stands are more like 150-200 seemingly which seems steep.
post #29319 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Finally - some new info on Technicolor's HDR format

CNET's Geoffrey Morrison has a nice summary and some possible timelines.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-ad...y-technicolor/
lax01, william06, zinfella and 5 others like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #29320 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitechicguy View Post
My set is only a week old. Any tips for color banding? I've been noticing it while streaming a lot. Also, should I do the Korean update?

Oh man. I've been going on about my color banding problem over the last week or so. Click back a couple of pages. You will see my posts complete with pictures. Long story short, the LG does a terrible job at CB. Sony has a built in doohicky to help get rid of or cut down the CB as much as possible. The 2018 LG's have something that makes the CB better but it's not as good as Sony. Basically, LG doesn't think it's a big issue and judging from the reactions to my posts about it, most users here don't care about it either. I'm sensitive to it while others either swear they can't see it or don't see why it's such a problem.
post #29321 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

I wanted to watch my 4ks in Dolby Vision so I got the UBK90 when it first came out after hearing about some problems with the UP970, and it appears all the problems were solved. Have only watched about 9 or 10 so far, but the 4ks and especially the Dolby Vision discs have looked and sounded terrific (previously used an Xbox X). The sound especially has been more consistent and noticeable since switching from the Xbox.

The HDR discs, that I had already watched, looked about the same, but now being able to watch the Dolby Vision discs has made it an obvious upgrade. Haven't tried the apps (because TV apps are better), and have yet to try the couple blu-rays I have. Everything else about the player has been stellar. Can't compare it to any players besides the Xbox, but unless you are looking for even better sound I think the UBK90 is good value.
post #29322 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitechicguy View Post
My set is only a week old. Any tips for color banding? I've been noticing it while streaming a lot. Also, should I do the Korean update?
Assuming you are using the Technicolor mode and most other stuff is default or off, and the OLED light is appropriate for your room, the banding is typically source dependent rather than being added by the tv — so yes most people see it in low bitrate or otherwise compromised source, and see it more often with lower quality sources (such as streaming, especially when adaptive rates dip low).
post #29323 of 36393 Old 06-09-2018, 11:38 PM

Hey guys...First time post so go easy on me.

I purchased the LG B7A couple weeks ago and love it; however, im having difficulty figuring out which LG picture/calibration setting to use with Apple TV since I’ll be watching both SDR (YouTube tv) and HDR (Netflix) content.

I assume since my Apple TV is connect via HDMI that LG won’t automatically adjust picture setting based off SDR and HDR content if it’s coming from the same input.

Also, what default format setting should be used in Apple TV with matching content turned on? Currently have it set at 4K SDR-60, but should I enable Dolby vision instead? (matching dynamic is turned on)

Sorry for the ramble. Appreciate any help - thanks
post #29324 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekilla View Post
Hi, like many, I recently bought an lg tv for hdr gaming and noticed HDR game mode was very dim with no fix in sight for the foreseeable future. I have an lg b7.

I set the tv to PC mode, by going into the "all inputs" and setting "EDIT ICON" to "PC". This allows you to have low input lag of game mode and the high brightness of standard mode, but it introduces a horrible color desaturation and yellowish tint. Lets work on fixing that with the settings below. Try them out and let me know what you think. I think they look great for HDR and SD content.

FOR PC MODE ONLY:

HDR SETTINGS:

SDR SETTINGS:

Feel free to change things like OLED light if its too bright and strains your eyes, Color, and color temperature.
Not sure if you are simply discovering the difference between a normal sRGB whitepoint (temperature) and a typical PC display whitepoint (which is much more blue than yellow). In regards to image editing, a slight yellow tint is actually the correct color for white. Important, set the PC rgb mode to limited and set the LG black level to low. On the other hand, you might also configure both to Full/High, if the pc is directly attached to the LG (without any AVR in between).
post #29325 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbys22 View Post
Hey guys...First time post so go easy on me.

I purchased the LG B7A couple weeks ago and love it; however, im having difficulty figuring out which LG picture/calibration setting to use with Apple TV since I’ll be watching both SDR (YouTube tv) and HDR (Netflix) content.

I assume since my Apple TV is connect via HDMI that LG won’t automatically adjust picture setting based off SDR and HDR content if it’s coming from the same input.

Also, what default format setting should be used in Apple TV with matching content turned on? Currently have it set at 4K SDR-60, but should I enable Dolby vision instead? (matching dynamic is turned on)

Sorry for the ramble. Appreciate any help - thanks

The LG will adjust the picture mode for the type of signal coming in. So, if you're playing 4K HDR, the picture mode you set while watching 4K HDR will kick in, etc. Thus, create a setting for SDR content (most folks like to use Technicolor expert and tweak it); create a setting for 4k DV (again Technicolor expert is preferred for this one); and create one for 4k HDR (for this one use Cinema (but not Cinema Home).

Set the Apple TV to Matching on for both options. I leave the Apple TV 4k in SDR-60 in the APTV setting as I feel the menus look best in this default.

Good luck
sonoftumble likes this.
post #29326 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Don’t worry about it. Put it in Technicolor mode. Select gamma 2.2.

Then fire up a calibration disk that has a black level pattern, which is used for setting Brightness. Chances are good the pattern will be look correct at a setting of 50 to 52 but if the pattern indicates you should set Brightness around 60, don’t fret. There are a small number of panels where that is right.
Hi,
I have one of those panels where a high brightness figure is indicated - 61 to be precise.
I must say it troubled me initially but then I relaxed and went with it. However i am not sure if I should be changing the HDR/Dolby Vision values from their default 50. I wonder if you or anyone else has any thoughts on this and if I do need to , then what pattern should I use as the one I am using is not in HDR.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
post #29327 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post

sonoftumble, as usual your posts make a difference. This was great information, and much appreciated.
PlanetAVS and sonoftumble like this.

OLED65C7P - Denon AVR S920W - Oppo 205 - Apple TV 4K - Bowers & Wilkins 804, HTM2, 805 - SVS PB2000
post #29328 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
I bet bunch of people here have stands they ain't using.
PlanetAVS and Culpepper like this.
post #29329 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
The LG will adjust the picture mode for the type of signal coming in. So, if you're playing 4K HDR, the picture mode you set while watching 4K HDR will kick in, etc. Thus, create a setting for SDR content (most folks like to use Technicolor expert and tweak it); create a setting for 4k DV (again Technicolor expert is preferred for this one); and create one for 4k HDR (for this one use Cinema (but not Cinema Home).

Set the Apple TV to Matching on for both options. I leave the Apple TV 4k in SDR-60 in the APTV setting as I feel the menus look best in this default.

Good luck
+1 to the above comments. Just to add, click on "apply to all inputs" after you set each of the three settings (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision) and you'll never have to touch it again unless you want to change something or do a factory reset.
post #29330 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post

What are the purported advantages of SL-HDR2 versus Dolby Vision/HDR10+? @sonoftumble , any insight?
post #29331 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekilla View Post

FOR PC MODE ONLY:

HDR SETTINGS:

SDR SETTINGS:

Been discussed quite often. The dimmer picture is because the TV tone maps the entire range in HDR game mode which results in the dimmer picture but more visible detail. It’s a trade off.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #29332 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post

Good luck
When watching 4k ultra HD on netflix, the picture settings still seem to stay on SDR mode (technicolor), but when watching netflix content on Dolby Vision, the settings switch to my picture Mode Cinema User mode. What am I missing?

Thanks
post #29333 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbys22 View Post
When watching 4k ultra HD on netflix, the picture settings still seem to stay on SDR mode (technicolor), but when watching netflix content on Dolby Vision, the settings switch to my picture Mode Cinema User mode. What am I missing?

Thanks
That's normal. Your SDR content (480/720/1080/4K SDR) should trigger one set of settings. HDR10 content will trigger another setting, and Dolby Vision will trigger its own settings.
post #29334 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
What are the purported advantages of SL-HDR2 versus Dolby Vision/HDR10+? @sonoftumble , any insight?
HDR10+ is Samsung proprietary, and it looks obvious that Samsung intends on going it alone on this in the hope of selling more TV's. The most obvious advantage of SL-HDR2 from that perspective is that you will not have to go out and buy a Samsung. ( Whew! ).

LG's "Dynamic Contrast" feature basically adds dynamic metadata to HDR10 and HLG on the fly, so I wonder if we may already be seeing SL-HDR 2, ( HDR10 ) and SL-HDR 3 (HLG) in action without knowing it.

What I like most about Advanced HDR ( SL-HDR 1-3 ) is that we won't have to worry about tone mapping. Like HLG, the content is mapped to the display's nit capability, instead of mapping the display to the content - and uses traditional gamma curves - so calibration is a breeze - relatively speaking.

The coolest part of Advanced HDR is SL-HDR1. SL-HDR1 is format agnostic, and will allow the embedded transport of any HDR format including DV, HDR10, HLG ( and whatever comes next ) through an 8 bit pipe and then break it out once it arrives on the TV. For SDR TV's the signal will look the same, but for HDR TV's that know what this signal is, it will be spectacular. DV is already 8 bit during transport, so this is the perfect way to get DV content ( or HDR10/HLG/etc ) into broadcast/cable/sat. I don't know how much I want to watch the local news in HDR, but sporting events will look amazing.
alexbarbel and golferdad50 like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #29335 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Being frustrated with the quality of sound of the internal speakers (yeah, I'm not one to always have my system on), I went for the LG SK1 soundbar. It is two-channel and it supports the LG Optical Sync (which disables the internal speakers) in the Sound Out settings.

So far I'm pretty pleased. I set it so it turns on when the TV is powered. Below are my pics. I got an open box from Best Buy for $69. It usually goes for $99.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OG1A7770.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	2414494   Click image for larger version

Name:	OG1A7769.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	2414496   Click image for larger version

Name:	OG1A7766.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	2414498  

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System
post #29336 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Wow, some warranty that is!

Aren't you the parent? Let him be the one to get nervous! That's part of growing up and learning to be a responsible adult.

Yes, your son can buy a new OLED for you if he burns this one. And if he is working to pay you back he can’t burn the new one

post #29337 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
OLED + 4K/HDR steaming + blue ray

Note: I love this forum, but I made this topic new because it is generic to all OLED TVs in my opinion. But was asked to repost in my brand of tv. I think others, of different brands and models will miss out. Can’t say I agree with this policy.

Anyway, I’ve had my LG OLED for about 2 months now. I’m quite pleased with it and a bit confused. I don’t have a 4K/HDR disk player, so I can’t test it’s full capabilities.

I am so pleased on the 4K upscaling and HDR mode of the LG OLED tv. It makes my Blue a Ray discs look amazing. I watched black panther last night and was in heaven. All my other blue rays look amazing. The LG upscale and HDR mode even make SD discs look great. (As great as they can be).

The confusion comes from streaming 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision titles. No doubt they look amazing compared to normal HD streaming and my Directv in HD. Again, the LG OLED is amazing. But even though the tv streaming and my Roku streaming 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision looks amazing, it doesn’t look much better, if at all, to my Blue Ray being upscaled and with HDR mode with the LG OLED. I can only imagine what a true 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision dvd would look like.

I know there is loss on streaming. Even though I have excellent internet with very low latency, I know there’s loss. I guess I just expected 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision, even streaming, to blow blue ray out of the water. But again, it’s probably that the LG OLED tv is great at upscaling and HDR mode for the blue ray. Don’t get me wrong. The streaming 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision is excellent, and probably better than the upscaled blue ray in HDR mode, I just expected a major difference. I really didn’t want to upgrade to a 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision disc player yet, but I would be curious. I think my next upgrade with be for audio. Going from my 5.1 to an Atmos/DTS-X avr first.

Oh well, I’m definitely enjoying the tv and UHD/HDR/Dolby Vision along with upscaled blue ray. That’s all that matters.

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

Last edited by Christcorp; 06-10-2018 at 11:54 AM.
post #29338 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
They had a firmware update that made HDR game mode less bright but with better tone mapping I think it was. When I first played Battlefront 2 on my B7, my jaw hit the floor. I didn't realize HDR gaming looked so good. But for those who want their gaming super duper bright they are going to be disappointed. I know LG is aware of the issue, their response is to turn on dynamic contrast to get some of that brightness back.
Is LG still issuing firmware updates to 2017 models (B7A) to continue to correct this issue?

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
post #29339 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Send a message via AIM to Bahn Yuki Send a message via MSN to Bahn Yuki Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn Yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightpath View Post
Ya my son is on it everyday, playing online with his friends. It wasn't bad when he had hockey 4 nights a week but the season is over and soccer is only 2 days a week, so he has more time to game. I love watching movies with the wife, so I was super excited about the B7 but I can't stop debating in my head, if I made a mistake going with the B7 because of the risk of BI from my son's gaming habits?
I used to have all my classic consoles(SNES, Genesis, etc) on my 65C7 and it looked absolutely amazing with scanlines due to OLED doing per pixel lighting. One day I was playing Streets of Rage 2 all the way through and noticed that the sides were "brighter" due to the game being 4:3. After that I moved all my classic consoles to a TCL TV. I only game 16:9 games and make sure I don't have static HUDs.

Honestly if I were you I'd tell your son to take the gaming to another TV in the household or better yet invest in a gaming monitor. Sure it's added cost but it'll give you piece of mind and have better input delay than the OLED. I won't put my $3000 display at risk for some games that can be better served with a better experience on a cheaper panel.

JVC RS400, Denon X6300H, Klipsch RP-280F x 2, RP-450C, RB-51 II x 2, RS-42 II x 2, RB-41 II x 2, R-150M in 7.1.4, 150" Silver Ticket
LG 65C7, Denon X4300H, Klipsch RF-26 x 2, RC-52 II, Onkyo speakers in 5.1.4 setup
TCL 55P605, Klipsch 2.1 Certified THX speakers
Sony 34XBR960 x 2
post #29340 of 36393 Old 06-10-2018, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6504 Post(s)
Liked: 6222
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Is LG still issuing firmware updates to 2017 models (B7A) to continue to correct this issue?

That’s the problem, it’s working as intended. For those looking for more brightness, you’ll probably have to look somewhere else or deal with it as is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page