Copy/paste from the 2018 LG OLED65C8PUA owners manual, PDF file... file:///home/chronos/u-28787aca0c8a2f4d4242fe1c6a6ee6e7d03f57bf/Downloads/MFL70301502_1.0+MFL70320402_1.0+RS%20(1).pdf
Examples of Images that may Cause
• Still images or fixed images containing certain information
that are displayed uninterrupted on the screen, such as channel
numbers, station logos, program titles, news or movie subtitles,
• Fixed menu or icons for video game consoles or broadcasting
• Black bars shown on the left, right, top, or bottom of the screen,
such as in images with a 4:3 or 21:9 ratio.
Recommended Measures for
Preventing Image Retention
• Avoid watching a video displaying an image as listed above for
extended periods of time.
• Adjust your TV settings as below when turning on a video
exhibiting an image as listed above for extended periods of time.
- Picture Picture Mode Settings Picture Mode APS
- Picture Picture Mode Settings OLED LIGHT Adjust
to lower value
- Picture OLED Panel Settings Logo Luminance
• Turn off the menu bar of an external device, such as a set-top
box, to prevent long-term display of the menu bar of such device.
(Please refer to the manual of the applicable external device for
• Adjust the settings as below when watching a video constantly
showing black bars on the left, right, top or bottom, in order to
remove the black bars
- Picture Aspect Ratio Settings Aspect Ratio
Vertical Zoom or All-Direction Zoom
Does not sound like such a ridiculous idea to me. Safety should always be job one