Master OLED image retention/ burn-in thread:with photos - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15927Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
roque13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
roque13
really sorry to hear this: at least there is finally a thread on OLED burn in that is getting some traction: members are starting to realize there is more to this issue than just saying it cannot happen, or writing it off as image retention

to start, you might add a link to your sig to this thread


I don't have an issue with burn in at all on my set. And the majority don't. I was just saying that for the simple fact that there has never been another thread, that the issue isn't widespread or the majority of people don't see it or don't care.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roque13 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 21,117
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
^^^

sorry I quoted the wrong poster
roque13 likes this.

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
LG C9 OLED owner


markrubin is offline  
post #153 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Senior Member
 
roque13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 154
OLED screen burn: with photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
The menu icons can not be displayed for any longer than 2 minutes at a time. Black bars cannot cause burn in due to the fact the pixels are not on. Doing a Star Wars marathon during the day means nothing due to the fact it is dynamic data and constantly moving. I was like you a month ago and when you get it your attitude will change. To boot well over half of the picture modes straight from the factory have the Oled light and Contrast maxed out which by their own admission with "maximum brightness" causes risk for burn in. Vivid, Game, HDR Effect, Photo, Sports, HDR Standard, HDR Bright, HDR Vivid, HDR Game. If max brightness causes this they shouldn't be set this way from the factory or if it is an anomaly they should Man UP and do the right thing by the consumer and fixing the issue which they have done for numerous others with the same problem! Some are getting new panels and new compensation circuitry while others are getting no response of any kind what so ever even to the point of customer service reps denying seeing flaws that are clearly visible in photos which is outright lying to the consumer. It is a real problem as the photos have shown with some consumers. The # of Oled owners is far greater than those that post on this thread. How you think your single experience is representative of the entire Oled community since you have no issues is nothing short of preposterous.


I'm not saying that you don't have a real issue I'm saying the vast majority probably don't or don't care. And the black bars can cause uneven aging and create lines on the top and bottom of a set. It happened to my ZT. The manufacturers are going to say and do what they want unfortunately. So watching a Star Wars marathon with the black bars could cause issues. Not to mention that last night I fell asleep with the gray scale pattern that has numbers on it left on my screen for 6 hours. I was worried, ran a compensation cycle, and no lasting effects thank goodness. Does that mean that your panel would have acted differently under those circumstances, maybe, especially if you have a defective panel. I know friends of mine that have the same set and have no issues, and one of them leaves it on stock tickers all day and we checked the other day when I saw this thread and he has no issues on his E6 with burnin. If you have a defective panel, LG should step up to the plate and replace it, but it sounds like they aren't wanting to. And if I were in your shoes I would be furious as well. I wasn't saying that my panel with no burnin is representative of the whole community, but neither should yours be with it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
video_analysis likes this.
roque13 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
roque13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 154
OLED screen burn: with photos

Deleted
SinGA likes this.
roque13 is online now  
post #155 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,316
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3779 Post(s)
Liked: 3608
OLED screen burn: with photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
The menu icons can not be displayed for any longer than 2 minutes at a time. Black bars cannot cause burn in due to the fact the pixels are not on. Doing a Star Wars marathon during the day means nothing due to the fact it is dynamic data and constantly moving. I was like you a month ago and when you get it your attitude will change. To boot well over half of the picture modes straight from the factory have the Oled light and Contrast maxed out which by their own admission with "maximum brightness" causes risk for burn in. Vivid, Game, HDR Effect, Photo, Sports, HDR Standard, HDR Bright, HDR Vivid, HDR Game. If max brightness causes this they shouldn't be set this way from the factory or if it is an anomaly they should Man UP and do the right thing by the consumer and fixing the issue which they have done for numerous others with the same problem! Some are getting new panels and new compensation circuitry while others are getting no response of any kind what so ever even to the point of customer service reps denying seeing flaws that are clearly visible in photos which is outright lying to the consumer. It is a real problem as the photos have shown with some consumers. The # of Oled owners is far greater than those that post on this thread. I think we have developed a very clear pattern of severe IR that is very consistent from every single owner who has the issue. How you think your single experience is representative of the entire Oled community since you have no issues is nothing short of preposterous.

Add me to the list of owners that have no Ir issue that certainly doesn't invalidate your experience but it also doesn't invalidate mine or anyone else's. I wish you good luck in getting a satisfactory resolution from lg. I don't believe this issue is widespread but I certainly don't discount your problem or anyone else's .



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
captainbrent and roque13 like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 05-02-2017 at 11:37 AM.
chunon is online now  
post #156 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Member
 
Lostonmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sierra Nevada
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
The problem is, that because it has this as a warning in the manual, it covers them. There's is zero way for them to know exactly how long something was left on the screen. I'm not doubting what people are saying, I'm just saying that it's the consumers word against theirs. And just because a handful of people have issues doesn't mean that it's a real problem. My 65" has zero ir or burn in after countless 2:35:1 movies, PS4 gaming, and Cartoon Network with the CN in the corner as well as CNN. I also have spent countless hours with test patterns up on the screen and yet I have no issues at all.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no IR problem either. It goes to defective TV. While it can vary a bit from state to state there is basic fitness for purpose warranty that they don't want you to know about and overrides their legal crap disclaimers. If your TV has a problem because you watch TV programming or use it's normal settings (service mode is a different issue) than it is not fit for its advertised purpose. Read the link I provided it explains the basics of this. I have used that law myself in the past, to get a replacement cd drive (when they were expensive) and to force a seller to drop a product because it did not do what they said (they claimed they were just a reseller, I pointed out the CA attorney general and consumer law disagreed--the next day they pulled the product).
roque13 likes this.
Lostonmountain is offline  
post #157 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,316
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3779 Post(s)
Liked: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostonmountain View Post
I have no IR problem either. It goes to defective TV. While it can vary a bit from state to state there is basic fitness for purpose warranty that they don't want you to know about and overrides their legal crap disclaimers. If your TV has a problem because you watch TV programming or use it's normal settings (service mode is a different issue) than it is not fit for its advertised purpose. Read the link I provided it explains the basics of this. I have used that law myself in the past, to get a replacement cd drive (when they were expensive) and to force a seller to drop a product because it did not do what they said (they claimed they were just a reseller, I pointed out the CA attorney general and consumer law disagreed--the next day they pulled the product).

Good stuff thanks for posting !



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #158 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 11:49 AM
 
Al Leong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Downingtown PA
Posts: 2,491
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2007 Post(s)
Liked: 2257
I have a CNN logo and info-bar burn-in on my G6.. this is from the 2016 election coverage where I displayed CNN 8 hours a day at times, every day, watching CNN excessively.

I did 2 hard screen clears and it has faded away about 1/2. I can only see it on orange or red images.

It can happen..
Al Leong is offline  
post #159 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PRO-630HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,606
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 207
The question is were you really watching CNN excessively? The CNN logo is interrupted every 10-15 minutes with at least 4 minutes of commercials so it wasn't like you had the logo on for 8 hours straight. IMO not according to LG's burn in paragraph.

http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability

What picture mode setting were you using?
FalconRGB and cirog like this.

Last edited by PRO-630HD; 05-02-2017 at 12:39 PM.
PRO-630HD is offline  
post #160 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,280
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5361 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
I find it interesting that LG suggested using Store Mode to fix BI. That's basically vivid mode with OLED light and contrast at 100. It almost sounds like LG is saying that it's best to run the tv at it's max to prevent BI issues.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is offline  
post #161 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 12:39 PM
 
Al Leong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Downingtown PA
Posts: 2,491
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2007 Post(s)
Liked: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
The question is were you really watching CNN excessively?
I have a lot of TVs and watch a ton of content.. trust me.. I OD'ed on CNN on the G6 through the election.. While most people were at work, I was at home watching CNN.. when most people came home from work and turned on CNN on their G6.. I was also still watching CNN on my G6.

I never thought about IR because I'd never seen it before on the 2 OLEDs I owned before the G6...

I'm still happy with my G6.. its currently my #4 TV in the house.

The picture mode was ISF Bright
Al Leong is offline  
post #162 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 12:40 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
I really think PRO should go public with those LG incompetencies.

Post picture on their Facebook, Twitter, whatever.

LG need to wake up and show people that they take their tech seriously.

If they want to claim burn in is almost impossible they need to exchange faulty TV.

Good Lord I have a love hate relationship with LG
FalconRGB and cirog like this.
Quebecker is offline  
post #163 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 12:43 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
I have a lot of TVs and watch a ton of content.. trust me.. I OD'ed on CNN on the G6 through the election.. While most people were at work, I was at home watching CNN.. when most people came home from work and turned on CNN on their G6.. I was also still watching CNN on my G6.

I never thought about IR because I'd never seen it before on the 2 OLEDs I owned before the G6...

I'm still happy with my G6.. its currently my #4 TV in the house.

The picture mode was ISF Bright
Too much CNN can't be good for your brain.
Quebecker is offline  
post #164 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 3,489
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
I have a CNN logo and info-bar burn-in on my G6.. this is from the 2016 election coverage where I displayed CNN 8 hours a day at times, every day, watching CNN excessively.

I did 2 hard screen clears and it has faded away about 1/2. I can only see it on orange or red images.

It can happen..
Can you take some pics and add them to this thread? The more evidence the better in case anyone needs to press this issue with LG.
Wizziwig is offline  
post #165 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
captainbrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Add me to the list of owners that have no Ir issue that certainly doesn't invalidate your experience but it also doesn't invalidate mine or anyone else's. I wish you good luck in getting a satisfactory resolution from lg. I don't believe this issue is widespread but I certainly don't discount your problem or anyone else's .
+1
roque13 likes this.

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo UDP-203 | Roon ROCK Music Server | ATV4K | Vero 4K+ | LG OLED 65E6P | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1's | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2) | GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra | Unraid NAS 40TB
captainbrent is offline  
post #166 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 03:20 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: S.F.
Posts: 1,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
And just because a handful of people have issues doesn't mean that it's a real problem. My 65" has zero ir or burn in after countless 2:35:1 movies, PS4 gaming, and Cartoon Network with the CN in the corner as well as CNN. I also have spent countless hours with test patterns up on the screen and yet I have no issues at all.
What a laughable and condescending statement. Clearly it is a "real problem" for different owners. And that's the entire point of this thread - to discuss and document this issue. It's purpose is NOT for non-affected owners like yourself to continue saying how you don't personally suffer from the issue and therefore "it must not be a real problem".

Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
But, to take the word of just a handful of people and say that it's a real problem is a bit of a stretch. As a matter of fact, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the first thread I've seen on Oled burnin.
What part of "it is a real problem if different owners are affected by it and can document it" don't you understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
I don't have an issue with burn in at all on my set. And the majority don't. I was just saying that for the simple fact that there has never been another thread, that the issue isn't widespread or the majority of people don't see it or don't care.
Here's the thing - no one in this specific thread cares that you don't have BI on your set, yet you keep repeating yourself over and over again. If you really must continue doing so, go talk about the lack of BI on your set in an owner's thread. This is not the thread for you to do so, rather it's intended for those with BI.. understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
I wasn't saying that my panel with no burnin is representative of the whole community, but neither should yours be with it.
You just don't get it do you? Nowhere have BI-affected owners stated that their BI sets are "representative of the whole community". What they're simply doing here is documenting and discussing a real issue that not only has affected their sets, but could affect others. And more importantly, how they're apparently SOL with respect to getting their sets fixed!

Why does such a thread with such a purpose, which can only potentially help all current and future OLED enthusiasts, obviously bother you so much? Why? Enough already about your non-affected set. Let these affected owners have their space in peace.
paranoyd androyd is offline  
post #167 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
I have a CNN logo and info-bar burn-in on my G6.. this is from the 2016 election coverage where I displayed CNN 8 hours a day at times, every day, watching CNN excessively.

I did 2 hard screen clears and it has faded away about 1/2. I can only see it on orange or red images.

It can happen..
Please let me know how you did the hard screen clears, I have very similar issue with C6. The image burn in is from CNN logo and it show up in red and orange background.
Al Leong and FalconRGB like this.
Cantab1008 is offline  
post #168 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
roque13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 154
OLED screen burn: with photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
What a laughable and condescending statement. Clearly it is a "real problem" for different owners. And that's the entire point of this thread - to discuss and document this issue. It's purpose is NOT for non-affected owners like yourself to continue saying how you don't personally suffer from the issue and therefore "it must not be a real problem".







What part of "it is a real problem if different owners are affected by it and can document it" don't you understand?







Here's the thing - no one in this specific thread cares that you don't have BI on your set, yet you keep repeating yourself over and over again. If you really must continue doing so, go talk about the lack of BI on your set in an owner's thread. This is not the thread for you to do so, rather it's intended for those with BI.. understand?







You just don't get it do you? Nowhere have BI-affected owners stated that their BI sets are "representative of the whole community". What they're simply doing here is documenting and discussing a real issue that not only has affected their sets, but could affect others. And more importantly, how they're apparently SOL with respect to getting their sets fixed!



Why does such a thread with such a purpose, which can only potentially help all current and future OLED enthusiasts, obviously bother you so much? Why? Enough already about your non-affected set. Let these affected owners have their space in peace.


A: I wasn't being condescending.

B: Please re-read the comments that I was replying to so that you can understand the reason I responded the way that I did.

C: I am not going to argue over the internet or clog AVS with that non-sense.

D: You're the only one getting defensive over the comments. I agree that if you have an issue with your set, that LG should take care if it. If I did have an issue, I would take it up with them. As far as it being an issue, I never said it wasn't an issue for those that it affects. What I said was, that it isn't an issue widespread enough to file a class action suit as another poster said to do. It isn't like there are millions of sets affected by this, and if there are, not enough are talking about it. And an issue like this, I feel if it was more widespread, there would be a significant amount of people talking about it. I've worked in this industry to know, that most manufacturers only consider things widespread issues when they reach a certain number of verified units. I've been privy to some of those conversations. So I apologize if you took offense, none was intended. Just giving feedback and trying to help where I can.

Have a great day

P.S. I'm not the only one in this thread posting that their sets are un-affected.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by roque13; 05-02-2017 at 06:24 PM.
roque13 is online now  
post #169 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
roque13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantab1008 View Post
Please let me know how you did the hard screen clears, I have very similar issue with C6. The image burn in is from CNN logo and it show up in red and orange background.


If you go under the settings-oled panel settings-clear panel noise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Al Leong likes this.
roque13 is online now  
post #170 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
If you go under the settings-oled panel settings-clear panel noise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have tried this multiple times but it does not make any difference. Is it possible that there is some issue with the clear panel noise mechanism. Is there a way to check that if the clear panel noise mechanism is working. I was told that this can only be check by TV techancian.
Cantab1008 is offline  
post #171 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Senior Member
 
roque13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantab1008 View Post
I have tried this multiple times but it does not make any difference. Is it possible that there is some issue with the clear panel noise mechanism. Is there a way to check that if the clear panel noise mechanism is working. I was told that this can only be check by TV techancian.


As far as I know that can only be checked by a tech. Make sure you are running the one that runs after your tv turns off. It's the first option.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roque13 is online now  
post #172 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by roque13 View Post
As far as I know that can only be checked by a tech. Make sure you are running the one that runs after your tv turns off. It's the first option.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I have tried that one, even I ran it three times in a row. It is not making any difference. We need to figure out how we can check the clear panel noise mechanism. Is it possible that TV having image retention have defective clear panel noise mechanism that failed after certain hours. I have 2650 hours on the TV and the issue most likely developed around 2600 hours.
FalconRGB likes this.
Cantab1008 is offline  
post #173 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Too much CNN can't be good for your brain.
I'll never understand the infatuation with these thoroughly debunked corporate propaganda arms (Fox and MSNBC included). Of course, the election coverage was a bit different, but I couldn't listen to any one set of talking heads for very long without my IQ dropping.

I had an EF9500 on which I watched football with its stationary tickers all day long every week during the 2015/16 season, and I did the same with a G6 during 2016/17. Fortunately, I never developed a case of IR from the stationary scoreboard graphics. We'll have to see how well my latest bandy G6 holds up in the upcoming season (should I choose to lower my IQ further with the NFL antics ), but I suspect it won't be a problem.
Quebecker likes this.
video_analysis is offline  
post #174 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,280
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5361 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I'll never understand the infatuation with these thoroughly debunked corporate propaganda arms (Fox and MSNBC included). Of course, the election coverage was a bit different, but I couldn't listen to any one set of talking heads for very long without my IQ dropping.

I had an EF9500 on which I watched football with its stationary tickers all day long every week during the 2015/16 season. Fortunately, I never developed a case of IR from the stationary scoreboard graphics. We'll have to see how well my bandy G6 holds in the upcoming season (should I choose to lower my IQ further with the NFL antics ).
One difference with NFL games is the ticker disappears with commercials, so you mix up the content without really paying attention. With those games, there seems to be 2 minutes of commercials every 8 to 10 minutes. However, with ESPN, those tickers never go away with regular content, even during commercials. If CNN and Fox News does that too, I could see how BI could occur.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is offline  
post #175 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
Glad to say I have no ESPN here (since they've decided to become political) and will only watch what comes OTA (before I was using cable) now (I'm *this* close to dumping Netflix). I don't think the infotainment logos remain during commercial breaks. That said, at the end of the day and at the very least, the comp cycle will absolutely need to be run during any of these scenarios.
video_analysis is offline  
post #176 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,316
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3779 Post(s)
Liked: 3608
OLED screen burn: with photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
What a laughable and condescending statement. Clearly it is a "real problem" for different owners. And that's the entire point of this thread - to discuss and document this issue. It's purpose is NOT for non-affected owners like yourself to continue saying how you don't personally suffer from the issue and therefore "it must not be a real problem".







What part of "it is a real problem if different owners are affected by it and can document it" don't you understand?







Here's the thing - no one in this specific thread cares that you don't have BI on your set, yet you keep repeating yourself over and over again. If you really must continue doing so, go talk about the lack of BI on your set in an owner's thread. This is not the thread for you to do so, rather it's intended for those with BI.. understand?







You just don't get it do you? Nowhere have BI-affected owners stated that their BI sets are "representative of the whole community". What they're simply doing here is documenting and discussing a real issue that not only has affected their sets, but could affect others. And more importantly, how they're apparently SOL with respect to getting their sets fixed!



Why does such a thread with such a purpose, which can only potentially help all current and future OLED enthusiasts, obviously bother you so much? Why? Enough already about your non-affected set. Let these affected owners have their space in peace.


NO need to be rude since you are not a moderator Rogue can post wherever he likes. I'll continue to post my experience as well . do you even own an Oled ? I see you don't based on your signature I have owned 2 oleds and not a hint of IR. My guess is 9 out of 10 people would say the same. Oleds have been around for about 4 years and this is the first dedicated thread for Ir/burn in that tells me it's a rare issue . Further we are talking about something that can't be seen on normal content . Compared to my IR magnet VT60 Ir is way down the list of my concerns.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 05-02-2017 at 06:01 PM.
chunon is online now  
post #177 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,316
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3779 Post(s)
Liked: 3608
OLED screen burn: with photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Glad to say I have no ESPN here (since they've decided to become political) and will only watch what comes OTA (before I was using cable) now (I'm *this* close to dumping Netflix). I don't think the infotainment logos remain during commercial breaks. That said, at the end of the day and at the very least, the comp cycle will absolutely need to be run during any of these scenarios.

ESecPN you aren't missing anything anyway . Haven't turned on that network since CFB ended . Not worth the remote Ir risk .



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #178 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
NO need to be rude since you are not a moderator Rogue can post wherever he likes. I'll continue to post my experience as well . do you even own an Oled ? I see you don't based on your signature I have owned 2 oleds and not a hint of IR. My guess is 9 out of 10 people would say the same. Oleds have been around for about 4 years and this is the first dedicated thread for Ir/burn in that tells me it's a rare issue . Further we are talking about something that can't be seen on normal content . Compared to my IR magnet VT60 Ir is way down the list of my concerns.
Agreed, I've owned 4 (including the debut WOLED model) and have watched over extended periods with only temporary IR (which comp. cycles have always resolved, unlike on the ZT60 that would last up to a week or longer). Sounds like some are using this as an excuse to pounce on OLED. It also sounds to me that Al may have recreated the store environment in his home with the CNN logo burn-in. I'd have thought comp. cycles would have cleared that each evening if it were turned off properly afterwards (but not necessarily if it was left on for even more extended periods).
roque13 likes this.
video_analysis is offline  
post #179 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 06:41 PM
 
Al Leong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Downingtown PA
Posts: 2,491
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2007 Post(s)
Liked: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Can you take some pics and add them to this thread? The more evidence the better in case anyone needs to press this issue with LG.
I will see if my camera can catch it tomorrow..
Al Leong is offline  
post #180 of 3734 Old 05-02-2017, 06:47 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I'd have thought comp. cycles would have cleared that each evening if it were turned off properly afterwards (but not necessarily if it was left on for even more extended periods).
Not if it's the color filter that is burned in, it won't help.

The organic while Led look just fine because the image retention only shows in certain colors​.
Quebecker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
blacks , burn in , burn-in , lg oled , lg tv , lg-tv , oled , plasma

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off