LG OLED 65W7P and 77W7P Owners Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes

post #121 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2007 Post(s)
Liked: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVB78 View Post
few views, will need to find adequate furniture to hide cables and all the boxes
You can easily find a great entertainment stand wide enough to place the speaker on top and hold your receiver under.. really neat install.. looks great.
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Thumbs up

Quote:
few views, will need to find adequate furniture to hide cables and all the boxes
Best looking Oled tv of 2017 Congrats
shyguy3763 and MVB78 like this.
post #123 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
You can easily find a great entertainment stand wide enough to place the speaker on top and hold your receiver under.. really neat install.. looks great.
Thank you Al

Yes this is the idea a guy will make it tn order to hide cables and put on top the the speaker. In fact I have been waiting for so long to have this kind of panel' as when you enter in the living room the first thing you find is the tv in profile view...

It replaces my old 20 years old crt... i had time to make provisions to aford the
new one.

I have dificulties with the size coming from 32"... and all the different settings.

Everything seems to me wonderfull... unless of course true motion that i decided not to use
Al Leong likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSAMCOx View Post
Best looking Oled tv of 2017 Congrats
Thanks xSAMCOx
post #125 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 77
When the W7 gets sendt Atmos from a Bluray or Uhd Bluray does the conected sound bar decode that to Atmos? Or is Atmos only from Internal Streaming Apps like the new Netflix Atmos ?
post #126 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have difficulties with the size coming from 32"... and all the different settings.
You'll get used to the size and settings.. the remote makes it very easy to navigate around!
MVB78 likes this.
post #127 of 325 Old 07-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 72
If you have to live with these imperfections, might as well have picked up the B7. Exactly the same screen, for much less money.
MVB78 likes this.
post #128 of 325 Old 07-05-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
If you have to live with these imperfections, might as well have picked up the B7. Exactly the same screen, for much less money.
I think at that price I will imrove my skillness fand get quickly used to the size!!!

I really needed the panel on wall as when you enter in the living room directly the first thing you find is the tv, with the profile view...

Then you have to deal with the WAF...

And getting a W7 I bet that LG would provide me a decent panel without colour banding, banding, vignetting...

The panel is not perfect as it is impossible but rather good. Nothing visible when watching. IRE screens were correct, even with the 5% one. Severeral black bands but very thin. I followed D-Nice breaking in technic for 4 days non stop. I think it improved uniformity

I will make it calibrated may be in November see i I buy a x box one X or a PS 4 (sure thar Sony will react buy upgrading the PS 4 pro)

But you are right, as all models have the same image quality you need to have special motivation to buy this one...

When I watch the TV i see it, I like it and I forgot that I have much money less in my account...

BTW I do not forgot what these kinds of amounts do represent and the luck we all have as Oled TV buyers.

post #129 of 325 Old 07-05-2017, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6673
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
I would guess the W7 is picked because of its design, not being better unit then the other OLED's in the line up...

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 07-12-2017 at 08:56 AM.
post #130 of 325 Old 07-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Now you can't make a post like this and not comment on PQ. It's not allowed.

BTW, aren't much of the electronics of the display located in the 'sound bar'? IOW it's not just a sound bar.
I would love to comment on the picture quality, but even though I've had it for months, I haven't watched anything on it. I bought this TV for my new house, which I bought 2 months ago, but I haven't been able to move in yet. The A/V guys doing my install have setup the TV, but I have external sound in every room of the house. I need another one of these ribbon cables so I can extend the soundbar and put it in a room behind where the TV is mounted. In this particular room, I have a 5.1 setup running off an Integra DRC-R1. I was really hoping I could get better sound quality in this room, but it's an open floorplan which includes the kitchen, dining room, and accordion doors that are 10 feet x 10 feet and open up to the pool area. The room itself is probably 50' wide x 50' long with 14' ceilings, so trying to get an Atmos system working here was out of the question.

Since I'll be using the in-ceiling speakers for my 5.1 system, I have no use for the soundbar. It can go in the closet and hide forever. I just need another cable, probably the same length as the one that came with it so it'll reach into the room behind the TV panel, out of site. After talking with LG and talking to LG's certified parts distributor, these ribbon cables can't be purchased separately, which sucks, because now I'll have to keep a non-functioning soundbar on my mantle.
post #131 of 325 Old 07-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
I would love to comment on the picture quality, but even though I've had it for months, I haven't watched anything on it. I bought this TV for my new house, which I bought 2 months ago, but I haven't been able to move in yet. The A/V guys doing my install have setup the TV, but I have external sound in every room of the house. I need another one of these ribbon cables so I can extend the soundbar and put it in a room behind where the TV is mounted. In this particular room, I have a 5.1 setup running off an Integra DRC-R1. I was really hoping I could get better sound quality in this room, but it's an open floorplan which includes the kitchen, dining room, and accordion doors that are 10 feet x 10 feet and open up to the pool area. The room itself is probably 50' wide x 50' long with 14' ceilings, so trying to get an Atmos system working here was out of the question.

Since I'll be using the in-ceiling speakers for my 5.1 system, I have no use for the soundbar. It can go in the closet and hide forever. I just need another cable, probably the same length as the one that came with it so it'll reach into the room behind the TV panel, out of site. After talking with LG and talking to LG's certified parts distributor, these ribbon cables can't be purchased separately, which sucks, because now I'll have to keep a non-functioning soundbar on my mantle.
You will have to keep the soundbar because it also contains all the electronics and plugs
post #132 of 325 Old 07-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip61 View Post
You will have to keep the soundbar because it also contains all the electronics and plugs
I know, we plan to keep it, but we're going to keep it in a room behind where the TV is mounted, where one of my racks are. It's going to be a challenge, especially since that cable isn't the most flexible cable I've ever seen.
post #133 of 325 Old 07-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Industry Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiego View Post
Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Once you experience perfect black there’s no going back. W7 it will be. Waiting for the first price drop then I’m in!
That happened a long time ago.......
post #134 of 325 Old 07-15-2017, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
That happened a long time ago.......
Headed out to order a W7 today!
hobbs47, kittycarole and xSAMCOx like this.
post #135 of 325 Old 07-15-2017, 06:42 PM

Does anybody have or can share the calibration settings for the 65 inch W7? Mine will be here on Tuesday and can’t wait to set it up!
post #136 of 325 Old 07-18-2017, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How long and wide is the soundbar in inches? Need to make sure I have the right size media console! Thanks.
post #137 of 325 Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowbababooey View Post
How long and wide is the soundbar in inches? Need to make sure I have the right size media console! Thanks.
50" is recommended for your media console width.
post #138 of 325 Old 07-18-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
50" is recommended for your media console width.
Great, thank you.
post #139 of 325 Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM

This TV is unreal! And this is coming from an LG OLED previous owner. Will post pics of my setup tomorrow.
Ken Ross and xSAMCOx like this.
post #140 of 325 Old 07-20-2017, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey94025 View Post
I received an LG SIGNATURE flyer in the mail today that offers an "LG Signature welcome kit" to LG Signature purchasers, a complimentary LG G Pad 10.1 tablet & a $200 Amex gift card*. The flyer has the refrigerator, oven range, washer/dryer, and OLED TV W. It doesn't list the OLED TV G.

*All consumers who purchase an LG SIGNATURE product and then register said product at https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-registration will receive an LG SIGNATURE welcome kit containing one $200 Amex gift card and one LG G Pad 10.1 tablet. LG reserves the right to substitute welcome kit contents. Offer is limited to one welcome kit per household regardless of the number of LG Signature products purchased.

I recently purchased an A1E myself so I don't qualify, but hope this helps some of you!

hey WTF I regged mine a few weeks after buying it and didn't get anything in the mail. Is this for USA only? if so thats bull****. Again and again the Canadians get the shaft
post #141 of 325 Old 07-20-2017, 04:04 PM

Does the G7 contain the electronics and plugs or just the W7?
post #142 of 325 Old 07-21-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
hey WTF I regged mine a few weeks after buying it and didn't get anything in the mail. Is this for USA only? if so thats bull****. Again and again the Canadians get the shaft
Is this promotion still valid? Just registered my W7.
post #143 of 325 Old 07-21-2017, 09:01 AM
Industry Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
Import it, shipping into Canada is not very expensive seeing the TV's are cheaper here for what ever reason.
post #144 of 325 Old 07-21-2017, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 7370 Post(s)
Liked: 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiego View Post
Is this promotion still valid? Just registered my W7.
Hmm, I'm expecting a 77G7 and I'd think this would also apply to that purchases.
post #145 of 325 Old 07-21-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Hmm, I'm expecting a 77G7 and I'd think this would also apply to that purchases.
Yes indeed this promotion is still valid! Just call the LG signature phone line and they confirmed the exact promotion as listed above. Once you register it takes about six weeks to receive the gift card and tablet. Pretty cool!
Ken Ross likes this.
post #146 of 325 Old 07-21-2017, 01:40 PM

Do you have to buy from an Authorized Dealer to register your TV and get the gift card?
post #147 of 325 Old 07-23-2017, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody have a recommended place to purchase this TV? I don't see any of the usual retail sites listing this TV (Best buy, Frys, etc)
post #148 of 325 Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgwelistyl View Post
Does anybody have a recommended place to purchase this TV? I don't see any of the usual retail sites listing this TV (Best buy, Frys, etc)
Also you can call Cleveland Plasma (his contact info is a few posts up) for a quote.
post #149 of 325 Old 07-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 2093
See thread title. We do not allow any price talk outside of the designated Deals' Forums.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #150 of 325 Old 07-29-2017, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Some of you had your LG OLED's probably longer than I have and may have an answer to this question. The question is on behalf of a good friend of mine. I have a 65W7P myself and I have not been able to answer his question for him. Maybe someone in here can.

He wants to buy an LG OLED 65". He plans to use the speakers that are on the TV. He does not plan on adding an AVR, or surround speakers and have no plans for a home theatre. He is content with the audio that the TV is capable of reproducing.

He uses a Bluetooth hearing aid. He wants to be able to listen to the audio with his hearing aid while his wife is able to listen to the audio from the set itself.

Is current model year LG OLED's capable of outputting audio to the speakers as well as the Bluetooth devices such as a hearing aid?

I have not been able to answer his question, neither has anyone we have spoken to so far. I have spent plenty of time going over my AUDIO SETTINGS and read the sidebar HELP Pop-ups. I am reading it to say, yes he can get simultaneous audio out but I am not positive enough to give him the green light and have him get stuck with an expensive set he is not able to enjoy.

If anyone has any experience with this, we sure would like to hear from you. If there are any industry insiders who know the answer for a fact whether this is possible or not, I welcome your input as well.

Thanks guys.. He wants to get this done soon, before the Football season starts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page