Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Downingtown PA
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2007 Post(s)
- Some like using slides during break-in. (I didn't, and am perfectly happy with my result just using various content -- and I too came from a 10YO Pioneer Elite Plasma Monitor.)
- If you want to play around with initial settings, there are a number of variations noted in detail across the treads, e.g. Older settings of mine; Al's latest personal settings recommendations, John's basics using Custom/Cinema Pro, and others including from a couple of the panel reviews you'll find in their articles you've likely read. You'll also want to spend a little time with Motion Settings to find what works best for the content you enjoy -- plenty of suggestions all over these threads on that too.
- Make sure you have certified premium HDMI cables, create yourself a checklist, and once you have everything in place, test out each of your components to ensure all is working at max possible resolution and capability for everything involved. IMHO it's easier to do this on your schedule when you have some dedicated quiet time, than have friends/family over to show off your new toy and possibly run into a problem.
- Assuming you have a 4K UHD Player, get yourself a couple 4K UHD Blu-rays that interest you and decide what you first demonstration of 4K HDR10 to yourself will be. (PE II is SUPER, as are several action movies you'll see referenced throughout these threads.)
- Just get ready to be bowled-over with your new toy and ENJOY!
|a1e , oreo , software update , v6.6510|