Wall mount for LG EG9600 Curved OLED - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 06-07-2017, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Wall mount for LG EG9600 Curved OLED

Hello, I just recently received an LG EG9600 as my warranty replacement and I want to wall mount this TV. I had my previous TV (64" F8500 Samsung Plasma) using a Sanus wall mount (vmpl50a-b1). The EG9600 has top 50-60% just screen and the bottom part has the thicker part which is where the mount can go on the TV - so I presume that the wall mount won't be applicable for the EG9600.

What wall mount have you guys used for mounting this TV? Will the mount that works for EG9500 (non curved model) work for EG9600 the curved model also?

I found that OTW150 will work for the EG9600 but couldn't find the availability online - looks like it was available sometime back but not now.

Also what about "OTW420B EZ Slim Wall Mount" - would this work for my EG9600?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
The EG9600 won't work with a standard VESA mount (like the OTW420B EZ) without some major modifications. You'll need the OTW150 that is custom made for the EG9600 (and EF9500 and EG9100).

You are in luck though sir! I actually have a brand new one that you can have for cheap. I had a EG9600 that had issue and ended up being a lemon that LG replaced with a new model, so now I have this brand new OTW150 wall mount that is just collecting dust. Let me know if you'd like it.

Last edited by MJRatliff; 06-07-2017 at 01:47 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-07-2017, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRatliff View Post
The EG9600 won't work with a standard VESA mount (like the OTW420B EZ) without some major modifications. You'll need the OTW150 that is custom made for the EG9600 (and EF9500 and EG9100).

You are in luck though sir! I actually have a brand new one that you can have for cheap. I had a EG9600 that had issue and ended up being a lemon that LG replaced with a new model, so now I have this brand new OTW150 wall mount that is just collecting dust. Let me know if you'd like it.
Thanks! Just sent you a quick PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Just got it, but can't respond via PM since I don't have 15 posts yet. Let me see if I can up my post count a bit and I'll PM you back in a few.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Did you guys get connected? It would be good if you worked it out.

I might be facing a similar situation, not wanting to do anything more to the wall I use I spent some time last evening and I believe it's maybe not that difficult to adapt the mount I used for the F8500 to the LG. My mount is a very old/very basic and I used it first on my PN58C8000, I modified the legs for the F8500 to keep it's viewing height the same or very similar to the C8000. If I proceed with purchase of the OLED I'll be finding out.

*** I just looked at the drawings available for your Sanus and it's very much like mine. I believe it wouldn't be a very difficult effort to retain what you're using. If you don't mind re-drilling studs etc maybe it's time wasted but I'd maybe study it - I hate patching/repairing drywall - I've all cables "in the wall" and I doubt I'd have any trouble pulling different HDMI to use.

OP - have you figured out how to access the MTR (run time/hours) on your LG yet. I'm needing to sort that procedure for use on a display I'm considering!

Last edited by WVZR1; 06-08-2017 at 06:35 AM.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-08-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
Did you guys get connected? It would be good if you worked it out.

I might be facing a similar situation, not wanting to do anything more to the wall I use I spent some time last evening and I believe it's maybe not that difficult to adapt the mount I used for the F8500 to the LG. My mount is a very old/very basic and I used it first on my PN58C8000, I modified the legs for the F8500 to keep it's viewing height the same or very similar to the C8000. If I proceed with purchase of the OLED I'll be finding out.

*** I just looked at the drawings available for your Sanus and it's very much like mine. I believe it wouldn't be a very difficult effort to retain what you're using. If you don't mind re-drilling studs etc maybe it's time wasted but I'd maybe study it - I hate patching/repairing drywall - I've all cables "in the wall" and I doubt I'd have any trouble pulling different HDMI to use.

OP - have you figured out how to access the MTR (run time/hours) on your LG yet. I'm needing to sort that procedure for use on a display I'm considering!

I believe this post will bump me over the hump to be able to send PMs. Scientifix be on the outlook for a PM momentarily.

Regarding using an old mount, one of the reasons, I decided to get the LG OTW150 mount in the first plac was so I wouldn't have to try and rig our old mount. I also wanted it as flat/close to the wall as possible and didn't want to have to add in a bracket that would push it further from the wall.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Regarding using an old mount, one of the reasons, I decided to get the LG OTW150 mount in the first plac was so I wouldn't have to try and rig our old mount. I also wanted it as flat/close to the wall as possible and didn't want to have to add in a bracket that would push it further from the wall.
You used the term "RIG" - I inspected the mount the OP mentioned and I don't believe my idea could be considered a "RIG" - modified somewhat to be used but NOT a "RIGGING" of any sort! Having as substantial mount as the Sanus the OP mentioned and after inspecting the OTW150 unless you had a specific reason for wanting to be able to pull from wall for an increased tilt the Sanus is very much more substantial.

My modification would allow the TV to be something 3 1/2" off of the wall. It requires 1 flat piece of plate and a maximum of 8 bolts/studs and nuts. Ain't NO RIGGIN' involved!!
post #8 of 11 Old 06-15-2017, 03:33 PM
L1G

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

Hi MJR, is your mount still available for sale? I decided to mount my EG9600 but cannot find this OTW150 mount anywhere online, except overpriced dealers on eBay

Thanks!
post #9 of 11 Old 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1G View Post
Hi MJR, is your mount still available for sale? I decided to mount my EG9600 but cannot find this OTW150 mount anywhere online, except overpriced dealers on eBay

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I shipped it off to scientifix on Tuesday. Best of luck as I know they are pretty hard to come by nowadays!
post #10 of 11 Old 06-15-2017, 04:00 PM
L1G

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Unfortunately, I shipped it off to scientifix on Tuesday. Best of luck as I know they are pretty hard to come by nowadays!
Thanks, it's like finding a black pearl Maybe I'll just make myself an adapter to a regular VESA mount... will see
post #11 of 11 Old 03-22-2018, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1G View Post
Thanks, it's like finding a black pearl Maybe I'll just make myself an adapter to a regular VESA mount... will see
@L1G did you ever find a solution to this? stuck in the same problem now.

THanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page