OLED Screen Uniformity Discussion-Banding and Vignetting - Page 212 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3835Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6331 of 8983 Old 12-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiecesfit View Post
I’ve been trying to get LG to come out and look at it. It’s a 65” C8. At the same time my 5% grey looks great. Here it is attached. Formed after 900 hours. You can definitely see it in almost any scene with bright highlights and skies. So I am irked while this almost perfect set now has this eyesore issue.
I feel your pain. I just had the same thing happen to me. A vertical band appeared on the right side of my 65" E7P a few days ago. I didn't remember ever seeing it before and until reading your post I thought I was going crazy and had somehow missed the banding, so thank you for your post. I had no idea that vertical banding like that could suddenly appear. I thought any banding would become apparent very early on and I've had my OLED for about a year now, and have probably logged more than 1000 hours on it. If banding like this can appear at random, does anyone know if we're stuck with it for the remainder of our tv's lifespans?

Also, I have read many conflicting reports on running the manual pixel refresher. Is there a definitive answer, or at least a consensus here as to whether running it will help to get rid of the banding or just make it worse?

Thanks!
ran1283 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6332 of 8983 Old 12-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi,

I bought a 55C8 this black friday, it was finally time to retire my 10 year old Sharp Aquos LC46DH77. The picture the OLED produces is nothing short of outstanding, love HDR content showing a clear sky with stars. Incredible. But i have noticed some inconsistency's in the brightness/contrast on the left side compared to the right side of the screen. So I googled and found this forum and read about the uniformity issues regarding OLEDs and downloaded the grey slides in one of your threads and discovered that the screen is not even.
I wanted to ask you guys how bad you think it is since Im new to OLEDs. Also I found a dead pixel located at, or near, one of the dark "blops". As far as I'm aware it wasn't there when i received the tv. Since it is located at one of the problem areas, is this just a coincidence? Could it be sign on more pixels dying in the future?

I will attach some pictures taken from my brothers P20 PRO, they are not the best thanks to the ridiculous beautify filter built into the camera software.
I used the recommended settings: isf Dark Room OLED light at 35, contrast 85 and brightness at 50.

I apologize for the bad quality, the pics are very bright on the right side on the 5% grey slides. In real life the screen is not that white, but they still demonstrate the problem. I took a couple pics of Marco Polo and Mindhunters, notice the left side how there seem to be more contrast and where the right side almost looks washed out.

(Sorry if i made a double post, I posted in another thread but my post did not appear)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_194422.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	6.79 MB
ID:	2490896   Click image for larger version

Name:	3%.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2490898   Click image for larger version

Name:	4% (2).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	2490900   Click image for larger version

Name:	4%.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	2490902   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_191815.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	2490904  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_192834.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2490906   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_192855.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	2490908   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_194126.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	2490910   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_215748.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	2490912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_215849.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	2490914  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_220013.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	2490916   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_203005.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	2490918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_202620.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	2490920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_202610.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	2490922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_200725.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	2490924  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_201718.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	2490926   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_200101.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	2490928  
mrtickleuk likes this.
freddie2222 is offline  
post #6333 of 8983 Old 12-03-2018, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yukon Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yukon, Canada
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 98
That looks terrible. Unacceptable at $500, let alone whatever you paid.

Yukon Trooper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6334 of 8983 Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie2222 View Post
Hi,

I bought a 55C8 this black friday, it was finally time to retire my 10 year old Sharp Aquos LC46DH77. The picture the OLED produces is nothing short of outstanding, love HDR content showing a clear sky with stars. Incredible. But i have noticed some inconsistency's in the brightness/contrast on the left side compared to the right side of the screen. So I googled and found this forum and read about the uniformity issues regarding OLEDs and downloaded the grey slides in one of your threads and discovered that the screen is not even.
I wanted to ask you guys how bad you think it is since Im new to OLEDs. Also I found a dead pixel located at, or near, one of the dark "blops". As far as I'm aware it wasn't there when i received the tv. Since it is located at one of the problem areas, is this just a coincidence? Could it be sign on more pixels dying in the future?

I will attach some pictures taken from my brothers P20 PRO, they are not the best thanks to the ridiculous beautify filter built into the camera software.
I used the recommended settings: isf Dark Room OLED light at 35, contrast 85 and brightness at 50.

I apologize for the bad quality, the pics are very bright on the right side on the 5% grey slides. In real life the screen is not that white, but they still demonstrate the problem. I took a couple pics of Marco Polo and Mindhunters, notice the left side how there seem to be more contrast and where the right side almost looks washed out.

(Sorry if i made a double post, I posted in another thread but my post did not appear)
Return it for a replacement. Horrible uniformity on that one.
Jaxione is offline  
post #6335 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thank you for the answers guys, appreciate it.

I have contacted LGs support here in Sweden and hope i will get a replacement, just hope it wont be too much of a hassle to send the tv back to them.

I have to ask about how the picture with a pure black background and a white letter or the cursor from the remote should look, is it normal to have some glow?
If it wasn't for that pixel I might consider to keep the tv but I'm likely not going to but a new tv for the next 5 years at least and having a dead pixel already just feels like I will get more in the future.

I have added a pic of the cursor and of my dead pixel, is there more than one damaged pixel? Looks like two on the pic i sent here. Also there is more glow than what the other pic shows, its worse with letters like in the intro to Alien Covenant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181204_065156 1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2491174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181204_070131__01.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	696.9 KB
ID:	2491176  
freddie2222 is offline  
post #6336 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 03:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie2222 View Post
Thank you for the answers guys, appreciate it.

I have contacted LGs support here in Sweden and hope i will get a replacement, just hope it wont be too much of a hassle to send the tv back to them.

I have to ask about how the picture with a pure black background and a white letter or the cursor from the remote should look, is it normal to have some glow?
If it wasn't for that pixel I might consider to keep the tv but I'm likely not going to but a new tv for the next 5 years at least and having a dead pixel already just feels like I will get more in the future.

I have added a pic of the cursor and of my dead pixel, is there more than one damaged pixel? Looks like two on the pic i sent here. Also there is more glow than what the other pic shows, its worse with letters like in the intro to Alien Covenant.
Are you still within your return period? If you are its much easier to go back with it to the dealer.

Br J
Jaxione is offline  
post #6337 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 03:22 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxione View Post
Are you still within your return period? If you are its much easier to go back with it to the dealer.

Br J
Yes I am, we have 14 days here in Sweden. Thing is if i return it I'm not sure if I can just swap it out for a new one. I will call them and see what they say, probably should have done that before I contacted LG...

Thank you
freddie2222 is offline  
post #6338 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 03:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I talked to the support at the store where i bought the tv, the asked me to talk to LG and then they will send a technician...
freddie2222 is offline  
post #6339 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie2222 View Post
Thank you for the answers guys, appreciate it.

I have contacted LGs support here in Sweden and hope i will get a replacement, just hope it wont be too much of a hassle to send the tv back to them.

I have to ask about how the picture with a pure black background and a white letter or the cursor from the remote should look, is it normal to have some glow?
If it wasn't for that pixel I might consider to keep the tv but I'm likely not going to but a new tv for the next 5 years at least and having a dead pixel already just feels like I will get more in the future.

I have added a pic of the cursor and of my dead pixel, is there more than one damaged pixel? Looks like two on the pic i sent here. Also there is more glow than what the other pic shows, its worse with letters like in the intro to Alien Covenant.
I'm embarrassed about the glow issue.

It is an optical illusion.

*Face Palm*

Me and my brother where so confused about it and couldn't figure what the problem could be lol. Feel like such a dumb-ass for asking about it on here
mrtickleuk likes this.
freddie2222 is offline  
post #6340 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie2222 View Post
I talked to the support at the store where i bought the tv, the asked me to talk to LG and then they will send a technician...
They cant do that. You have your 14days. You can return it for whatever reason you want during this time. They are bound by law to accept it.
Jaxione is offline  
post #6341 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 07:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxione View Post
They cant do that. You have your 14days. You can return it for whatever reason you want during this time. They are bound by law to accept it.
If I return it now and go get a new one I wont get the new one for the same price i bought the old for, I got a good deal on it during black Friday. I bought it for about 1400 USD and now it costs about 1760 USD. So I'm assuming I would have to pay the difference. They have what is called "ångerrätt" and "öppetköp" but that would mean I return the product and get the money I spent back, then I could spend that money on a new OLED but since they are more expansive now and I dont want to spend more money on it, I guess I will have to wait for LGs answer. At least that is how it works as far as I know.
freddie2222 is offline  
post #6342 of 8983 Old 12-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Member
 
HDdude24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Soledad, CA
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OK I have 300+ hours on my LG C8 65" good? bad? https://imgur.com/a/2Za57eD
HDdude24 is offline  
post #6343 of 8983 Old 12-05-2018, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdude24 View Post
OK I have 300+ hours on my LG C8 65" good? bad? https://imgur.com/a/2Za57eD
Looks like a normal 2018 panel imo. The question is how much you see it in real content.
Jaxione is offline  
post #6344 of 8983 Old 12-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Here is my 55c7 after 200 hours of use. I am fairly unhappy with the level of banding I have on my display. As you will see in the provided images my banding is very prominent while watching content.
Zaiethas is offline  
post #6345 of 8983 Old 12-05-2018, 06:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiethas View Post
Here is my 55c7 after 200 hours of use. I am fairly unhappy with the level of banding I have on my display. As you will see in the provided images my banding is very prominent while watching content.
Apologize for the double post. The images didn't finish uploading before I submit the post. DOH!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_071708.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	560.9 KB
ID:	2491952   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_071650.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	615.6 KB
ID:	2491954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_071635.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	809.5 KB
ID:	2491956   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181205_071633.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	2491958   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_215236.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	630.7 KB
ID:	2491960  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_215043.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	660.7 KB
ID:	2491962  
Zaiethas is offline  
post #6346 of 8983 Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Member
 
mbeezie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 32
1 week old 65" Sony A9F
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2492304  
mbeezie is offline  
post #6347 of 8983 Old 12-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeezie View Post
1 week old 65" Sony A9F
Way to bright picture. Either you are not using recommended settings from first post or the camera is brightening the picture.
Markalark and mrtickleuk like this.
Jaxione is offline  
post #6348 of 8983 Old 12-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 22
70 hours and just ran my second manual comp cycle on my C8. I went through the whole panel game with my E6 and would prefer not to do it again on my C8 but I don't think this looks very good. Definitely ample banding in the content listed in the OP. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2492400  
BerserkDoomguy is offline  
post #6349 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 03:00 AM
Member
 
Demetri Zuev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Hey everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster here. So i got myself a nice big OLED65B8 a couple of days ago, ran a 5% and 10% tests and here's the outcome





What do you think? Haven't got a chance to watch any dark content yet, only caught up on Twin Peaks Season 3 and I can't see any defects while watching the actual content.
Demetri Zuev is offline  
post #6350 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 03:13 AM
Member
 
Demetri Zuev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Sorry for a double-post, but haven't found the edit button on my first one.

Also, the Marco Polo scene that was suggested as a test scene earlier looks like this on my TV.



Is this a bad rip quality or something wrong with my TV/Nvidia Shield settings? The file is AVC, 1920x960 (2:1), 23.976 fps, ~11 000 kbps, ~0.249 bit/pixel

My system: 7.2.4
Screen: LG OLED77C9 AVR: Denon X4400H, External amps: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen3/A-500, Center: SVS Ultra Center, Fronts: SVS Ultra Bookshelfs, Surrounds: SVS Prime Bookshelfs, Surround backs: SVS Ultra Surrounds, Sub: Dual SVS PB-3000s, Heights: 4xCambridge Audio Minx 22, 4K Blu-Ray Player: Sony X700, Media player: Nvidia Shield
Demetri Zuev is offline  
post #6351 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 03:55 AM
Member
 
mbeezie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxione View Post
Way to bright picture. Either you are not using recommended settings from first post or the camera is brightening the picture.
I thought that might be the case. My TV does not have a Cinema Pro preset, though. so i’m not sure how to get my settings similar. i have Cinema only.
mbeezie is offline  
post #6352 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 06:20 AM
Senior Member
 
thegam3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetri Zuev View Post
Hey everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster here. So i got myself a nice big OLED65B8 a couple of days ago, ran a 5% and 10% tests and here's the outcome





What do you think? Haven't got a chance to watch any dark content yet, only caught up on Twin Peaks Season 3 and I can't see any defects while watching the actual content.
if you can, return that! 5% is very bad imo (i had similar and returned) and seeing anything on 10% should not be accepted

i have similar on my 1-3% and even thats started annoy me abit when watching in full dark room but i cant really argue too much if they say its within spec as its such a small range
thegam3 is offline  
post #6353 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegam3 View Post
if you can, return that! 5% is very bad imo (i had similar and returned) and seeing anything on 10% should not be accepted

i have similar on my 1-3% and even thats started annoy me abit when watching in full dark room but i cant really argue too much if they say its within spec as its such a small range
I agreee with you that that this is bad one and should be returned. But some banding on a 10% slide is to be expected. But no dark blobs like that though.
Jaxione is offline  
post #6354 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Demetri Zuev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegam3 View Post
if you can, return that! 5% is very bad imo (i had similar and returned) and seeing anything on 10% should not be accepted

i have similar on my 1-3% and even thats started annoy me abit when watching in full dark room but i cant really argue too much if they say its within spec as its such a small range
No returns for me unfortunately (country laws basically exclude any returns of "technically complex goods"). I can only initiate a service claim with LG directly, they will then send a specialist that will evaluate the problem on site and if he decides that it warrants a replacement, they will then take this TV and replace the screen on it, which can take up to three weeks...

I've been reading that you should give the panel at least 100 hours of work and that these kinds of blobs may disappear or become less visible after this period, unlike lines that stay there forever. Is that not true?
Demetri Zuev is offline  
post #6355 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,580
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1545 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetri Zuev View Post
No returns for me unfortunately (country laws basically exclude any returns of "technically complex goods"). I can only initiate a service claim with LG directly, they will then send a specialist that will evaluate the problem on site and if he decides that it warrants a replacement, they will then take this TV and replace the screen on it, which can take up to three weeks...

I've been reading that you should give the panel at least 100 hours of work and that these kinds of blobs may disappear or become less visible after this period, unlike lines that stay there forever. Is that not true?
The darker blobs can go away. banding is usually there (can fade over time) to stay, but may fluctuate over time from good to bad to whatever.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Carver M-500t/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
VidPro is online now  
post #6356 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Member
 
Demetri Zuev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post
The darker blobs can go away. banding is usually there (can fade over time) to stay, but may fluctuate over time from good to bad to whatever.
That's quite a relief! What's your opinion on the panel, should I bother with initiating a service replacement process, or just use the TV and wait for the blob to go away? I should note that I don't see any lines on either 5% or 10% images with my eyes, only the blob
Demetri Zuev is offline  
post #6357 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,580
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1545 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetri Zuev View Post
That's quite a relief! What's your opinion on the panel, should I bother with initiating a service replacement process, or just use the TV and wait for the blob to go away? I should note that I don't see any lines on either 5% or 10% images with my eyes, only the blob
If that's the case I'd wait it out a bit. If it we me I'd run slides but any content will do.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Carver M-500t/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
VidPro is online now  
post #6358 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Johnny Neat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
2017 LG OLED E7 Blue vertical line issue

Hey everyone,

So a few months back I got a thin blue vertical line down the screen left of center that was bold that eventually turned faint and this disappeared, but now it's back. It is very faint and has turned into a broken black line. The line pulses after I turn the set off till I hear a click a minute or so into being shut off. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I would appreciate any feed back or experience on what this may be or is? Is it a screen issue, power or tcon issue? Maybe cost to repair?
Johnny Neat is offline  
post #6359 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Member
 
Demetri Zuev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 37
By the way, I've just realized that Twin Peaks S03E08 is a perfect test content for any type of banding and uniformity. From the 29th minute, for half an hour it's all shot in black in white, there's plenty of dark night scenes, gradients and all shades of gray. I was able to see my black blotch in several scenes perfectly.

Give it a try, I highly recommend it. Beware of the actual content though, it's David Lynch at his most

mrtickleuk likes this.

My system: 7.2.4
Screen: LG OLED77C9 AVR: Denon X4400H, External amps: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen3/A-500, Center: SVS Ultra Center, Fronts: SVS Ultra Bookshelfs, Surrounds: SVS Prime Bookshelfs, Surround backs: SVS Ultra Surrounds, Sub: Dual SVS PB-3000s, Heights: 4xCambridge Audio Minx 22, 4K Blu-Ray Player: Sony X700, Media player: Nvidia Shield
Demetri Zuev is offline  
post #6360 of 8983 Old 12-06-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 8,754
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6104 Post(s)
Liked: 8853
I remember the content. Brilliant

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
burn-in , compensation , correction , oled , uniformity

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off