was buying sony a1e 65 but with price drops should i buy lg 65c7p - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
changejobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
was buying sony a1e 65 but with price drops should i buy lg 65c7p

I have a Sony 65 OLED a1e being delivered next week. i see people that swear by it, but others that love by the LG..Some authorized LG dealers, if you call them, are discounting heavily the LG models. They will sell the lg 65c7p in my area for 2500 ( or the lg 65e7p for 3000). i'm paying about $2000 more for the Sony. Thats a huge price difference the 2 sets. Is the Sony worth the extra $$$.

thank you in advance for you help.
changejobs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 03:42 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
I have a Sony 65 OLED a1e being delivered next week. i see people that swear by it, but others that love by the LG..Some authorized LG dealers, if you call them, are discounting heavily the LG models. They will sell the lg 65c7p in my area for 2500 ( or the lg 65e7p for 3000). i'm paying about $2000 more for the Sony. Thats a huge price difference the 2 sets. Is the Sony worth the extra $$$.

thank you in advance for you help.
Lol

2k more for a Sony
Threefiddie likes this.
Quebecker is offline  
post #3 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
 
GregF2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I think the Sony is great, but not worth $2k more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
I have a Sony 65 OLED a1e being delivered next week. i see people that swear by it, but others that love by the LG..Some authorized LG dealers, if you call them, are discounting heavily the LG models. They will sell the lg 65c7p in my area for 2500 ( or the lg 65e7p for 3000). i'm paying about $2000 more for the Sony. Thats a huge price difference the 2 sets. Is the Sony worth the extra $$$.

thank you in advance for you help.
GregF2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
changejobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
I think the Sony is great, but not worth $2k more.
Quebecker / GregF2

thanks for your thoughts. do either of you own a Sony A1E OLED or LG OLED ?

I am hoping to also hear from someone who owns either of these OLED's.

Last edited by changejobs; 07-14-2017 at 04:40 PM.
changejobs is offline  
post #5 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Near the lovely City by the Bay
Posts: 3,020
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
Quebecker / GregF2

thanks for your thoughts. do either of you own a Sony A1E OLED or LG OLED ?

I am hoping to also hear from someone who owns either of these OLED's.
I do own the LG OLED55C7P, and it's a stellar TV set. There are reviews out comparing the Sony A1E to the LG, which apparently share the same LG panel, but different chipsets - and the Sony is apparently better in motion handling and SDR content by a hair, while the LG apparently comes out of black faster and a shallower tone mapping.

Refer to the Home Theater Geeks podcast from the forum members Scott Wilkinson and Dave Abrams where they review the OLED55C7P, and comment on it's comparison against the Sony. There is a link to the YouTube video of this podcast on this forum if you search for it.

Having heard that podcast, I concluded that the performance differences were not worth the 1k-1.5k USD street price premium for the Sony. I think the advantages of the LG are more relevant for me than the advantages of the Sony regardless of how much they cost.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
raaj is offline  
post #6 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,139
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5935
A1E is not worth the differential, dont fall for it.
zeuswsu likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #7 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jay Mammoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 209
No, save yourself 2K and get the set just as good or better than the Sony.

Jay Mammoth is offline  
post #8 of 41 Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
statealum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
I have a Sony 65 OLED a1e being delivered next week. i see people that swear by it, but others that love by the LG..Some authorized LG dealers, if you call them, are discounting heavily the LG models. They will sell the lg 65c7p in my area for 2500 ( or the lg 65e7p for 3000). i'm paying about $2000 more for the Sony. Thats a huge price difference the 2 sets. Is the Sony worth the extra $$$.

thank you in advance for you help.
If it's going to be your first Oled I would say try out the LG first to see if you can live with it's strengths and weaknesses. If you can you will save $2000 like you said. If you notice there are things with the LG that annoy you that you can't live with (typical complaints of former LG Oled owners who now own Sony's are motion handling, more noticeable posterization, color banding, etc) send it back and try the Sony so you can decide for yourself if the differences are worth it.

Set up 1|Sony XBR65A1E|Pioneer SC-97|Panasonic DMP-UB900|PS4 Pro|Xbox One X|Apple TV|5.2.4 Dolby Atmos|Nintendo Switch|
Set up 2|LG OLED65C8|Pioneer SC-LX502
|Sony UBPX-X700|Xbox One X|PS4|Nintendo Wii U|Apple TV 4K|3.2.2 Dolby Atmos|
Other|LG 55EF9500|Sony XBR-55HX929|Yamaha RX-A1060BL|
statealum is offline  
post #9 of 41 Old 07-15-2017, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by statealum View Post
If it's going to be your first Oled I would say try out the LG first to see if you can live with it's strengths and weaknesses. If you can you will save $2000 like you said. If you notice there are things with the LG that annoy you that you can't live with (typical complaints of former LG Oled owners who now own Sony's are motion handling, more noticeable posterization, color banding, etc) send it back and try the Sony so you can decide for yourself if the differences are worth it.
If you watch in the dark and value reference quality, the results of the recent shootout should tell you everything you need to know .

Take the $2000 you'll save on a 65C7P and use a bit of it for a professional calibration (perhaps after you've spent a few months with the TV using recommended settings).

Last edited by fafrd; 07-15-2017 at 06:12 PM.
fafrd is offline  
post #10 of 41 Old 07-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
statealum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
If you watch in the dark and value reference quality, the results of the recent shootout shoukd tell you everything you need to know .

Take the $2000 you'll save on a 65C7P and use a bit of it for a professional calibration (perhaps after you've spent a few months with the TV using recommended settings).
I'm not sure if you meant to quote me or the original poster but since you quoted me I will respond anyway

The results of the shootout didn't reveal anything new to me and I would never let a shootout/review dictate which television I decide to keep without buying one and living with it for a while so I can see how it performs in my home environment. I considered both televisions great and among the best 2017 sets before the shootout and the shootout did nothing to make me change my mind.

I can appreciate a display that shows what's in the source faithfully. However I was willing to sacrifice a little color accuracy, saturation, etc to get the Sony which has less color banding, noise, better motion in my opinion, better build quality, etc.

I sit 6-7 feet from my television so I can clearly see the issues in a less than pristine source. Neither set is perfect and both have to compromise in certain areas. It's all about which compromises buyers/potential buyers are willing to accept.

That's why it's great to have choices and I am among those who wish Panasonic offered their Oled in the United States so we could have even more Oled's to choose from.
sickkent likes this.

Set up 1|Sony XBR65A1E|Pioneer SC-97|Panasonic DMP-UB900|PS4 Pro|Xbox One X|Apple TV|5.2.4 Dolby Atmos|Nintendo Switch|
Set up 2|LG OLED65C8|Pioneer SC-LX502
|Sony UBPX-X700|Xbox One X|PS4|Nintendo Wii U|Apple TV 4K|3.2.2 Dolby Atmos|
Other|LG 55EF9500|Sony XBR-55HX929|Yamaha RX-A1060BL|
statealum is offline  
post #11 of 41 Old 07-15-2017, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by statealum View Post
I'm not sure if you meant to quote me or the original poster but since you quoted me I will respond anyway

The results of the shootout didn't reveal anything new to me and I would never let a shootout/review dictate which television I decide to keep without buying one and living with it for a while so I can see how it performs in my home environment. I considered both televisions great and among the best 2017 sets before the shootout and the shootout did nothing to make me change my mind.

I can appreciate a display that shows what's in the source faithfully. However I was willing to sacrifice a little color accuracy, saturation, etc to get the Sony which has less color banding, noise, better motion in my opinion, better build quality, etc.

I sit 6-7 feet from my television so I can clearly see the issues in a less than pristine source. Neither set is perfect and both have to compromise in certain areas. It's all about which compromises buyers/potential buyers are willing to accept.

That's why it's great to have choices and I am among those who wish Panasonic offered their Oled in the United States so we could have even more Oled's to choose from.
I quoted your post to 'pile on' to the advice you were giving to the OP .

Agree with most everything you have written above with the sole exception that the OP was specifically asking whether the A1E justified it's price premium over the C7.

While I'd never let a shootout dictate my TV choice either, the bottom line is that the LG is not a piece of trash compared to the Sony. If it was, the shootout would have picked out any glaring faults.

So unless price is of no concern, when you can have confidence that the less expensive choice is at least as good in terms of overall PQ, it makes order of choice pretty obvious.

If the motion of the LG is unnacceptable (or it's build quality too poor ), there's always the fall-back choice of the nore expensive A1E (and you pay that premium knowing it is the only option you will be happy with)...
statealum and sickkent like this.
fafrd is offline  
post #12 of 41 Old 07-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
statealum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
I quoted your post to 'pile on' to the advice you were giving to the OP .

Agree with most everything you have written above with the sole exception that the OP was specifically asking whether the A1E justified it's price premium over the C7.

While I'd never let a shootout dictate my TV choice either, the bottom line is that the LG is not a piece of trash compared to the Sony. If it was, the shootout would have picked out any glaring faults.

So unless price is of no concern, when you can have confidence that the less expensive choice is at least as good in terms of overall PQ, it makes order of choice pretty obvious.

If the motion of the LG is unnacceptable (or it's build quality too poor ), there's always the fall-back choice of the nore expensive A1E (and you pay that premium knowing it is the only option you will be happy with)...
Yeah the OP was asking whether the A1E justified it's premium over the C7 which is a tricky question to answer without knowing their uses, viewing environment, their experiences so far with Oled, etc. Even if the OP supplied that information it's up to the individual person to decide since everyone is different.

I think it is safe to say that for most people the least expensive LG Oled is just as good as the Sony or the more expensive LG Oled's.
sickkent and fafrd like this.

Set up 1|Sony XBR65A1E|Pioneer SC-97|Panasonic DMP-UB900|PS4 Pro|Xbox One X|Apple TV|5.2.4 Dolby Atmos|Nintendo Switch|
Set up 2|LG OLED65C8|Pioneer SC-LX502
|Sony UBPX-X700|Xbox One X|PS4|Nintendo Wii U|Apple TV 4K|3.2.2 Dolby Atmos|
Other|LG 55EF9500|Sony XBR-55HX929|Yamaha RX-A1060BL|
statealum is offline  
post #13 of 41 Old 07-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Owner of an A1E, save yourself the 2k. Wether the A1E is better than the C7 in terms of PQ is not noticable and definitely not worth the extra price. Plus the LG User Interface and system is so much better. I've posted this before, the Android system on the Sony is extremely slow and unresponsive, I didn't pay full price for my A1E but if I did it would of been back at the store within the first week, the most frustrating thing in the world. Friends LG is so smooth compared to my TV worth twice as much.

In my opinion the best TVs this year have to be the LG OLEDs because of the PQ and the price.
Hamsnacks is offline  
post #14 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 02:11 AM
 
rene2kx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: asia
Posts: 1,338
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked: 373
buy what your heart tells you.
rene2kx is offline  
post #15 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,420
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
buy what your heart tells you.
Or what your wife will not complain about for the next 5-8 rears.

The price difference is big. I've decided that I want something that'll make me happy for the amount of time of ownership. So costing more without putting me in the poorhouse is ok. If you have the cash and those features are important, I'd go for it.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
VidPro is offline  
post #16 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,036
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6416 Post(s)
Liked: 6406
Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
I have a Sony 65 OLED a1e being delivered next week. i see people that swear by it, but others that love by the LG..Some authorized LG dealers, if you call them, are discounting heavily the LG models. They will sell the lg 65c7p in my area for 2500 ( or the lg 65e7p for 3000). i'm paying about $2000 more for the Sony. Thats a huge price difference the 2 sets. Is the Sony worth the extra $$$.

thank you in advance for you help.
The Sony A1E had a nice price drop too I would say you are still in the same boat as far as pricing on LG VS Sony, looks like your choice has been made on what you really want. I will say from the numbers above it looks like you paid to much for the Sony.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #17 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
changejobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by statealum View Post
Yeah the OP was asking whether the A1E justified it's premium over the C7 which is a tricky question to answer without knowing their uses, viewing environment, their experiences so far with Oled, etc. Even if the OP supplied that information it's up to the individual person to decide since everyone is different.

I think it is safe to say that for most people the least expensive LG Oled is just as good as the Sony or the more expensive LG Oled's.
thanks to all. yes my question was justification of price. I realize that there are other factors that have to be put into the mix. While I can afford the extra sum for the Sony, I just didt want to pay more because of the name.
changejobs is offline  
post #18 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
changejobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post
Or what your wife will not complain about for the next 5-8 rears.

The price difference is big. I've decided that I want something that'll make me happy for the amount of time of ownership. So costing more without putting me in the poorhouse is ok. If you have the cash and those features are important, I'd go for it.

I see that you must be married also The A1E was actually her idea after seeing it at the store.
changejobs is offline  
post #19 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
changejobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The Sony A1E had a nice price drop too I would say you are still in the same boat as far as pricing on LG VS Sony, looks like your choice has been made on what you really want. I will say from the numbers above it looks like you paid to much for the Sony.
Cleveland,

Whats the current street price on the sony 65 A1E?
changejobs is offline  
post #20 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The Sony A1E had a nice price drop too I would say you are still in the same boat as far as pricing on LG VS Sony, looks like your choice has been made on what you really want. I will say from the numbers above it looks like you paid to much for the Sony.
Care to guestimate for us what you think the 65A1E may be selling for over Black Friday week?

I'm guessing we'll see the 65C7 widely available for under $2500 by then but have no idea for the Sony...
fafrd is offline  
post #21 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
I see that you must be married also The A1E was actually her idea after seeing it at the store.
I went for a curved 65C6 for the same reason.

Wife preferred a curved screen.

Kids preferred to not lose 3D capability.

I wanted a 65" 2016 OLED.

The 65C6 was the best offering for overall family happiness .

Last edited by fafrd; 07-16-2017 at 04:56 PM.
fafrd is offline  
post #22 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,036
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6416 Post(s)
Liked: 6406
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Care to guestimate for us what you think the 65A1E may be selling for over Black Friday week?
$3500 on the street, maybe less.......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #23 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
$3500 on the street, maybe less.......
Thanks. At that price, I'm pretty confident Sony will sell out (which is what we want so they come back for more in 2018 ).
fafrd is offline  
post #24 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 04:47 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
I went for a curved 65C7 for the same reason.

Wife preferred a curved screen.

Kids preferred to not lose 3D capability.

I wanted a 65" 2016 OLED.

The 65C7 was the best offering for overall family happiness .
Wut?

The C7 is not curved and not 3D.

How is this family happiness.

You did mean C6 right?
Quebecker is offline  
post #25 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Wut?

The C7 is not curved and not 3D.

How is this family happiness.

You did mean C6 right?
Yeah, too much time and too many posts on the Forum today.

(Hopefully obvious) typo fixed...
fafrd is offline  
post #26 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
 
statealum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by changejobs View Post
thanks to all. yes my question was justification of price. I realize that there are other factors that have to be put into the mix. While I can afford the extra sum for the Sony, I just didt want to pay more because of the name.
Your question is one that should definitely be asked by any potential buyer of these sets. When you get your new television be sure to let us know how you like it after you have had a little time to get used to it.

Set up 1|Sony XBR65A1E|Pioneer SC-97|Panasonic DMP-UB900|PS4 Pro|Xbox One X|Apple TV|5.2.4 Dolby Atmos|Nintendo Switch|
Set up 2|LG OLED65C8|Pioneer SC-LX502
|Sony UBPX-X700|Xbox One X|PS4|Nintendo Wii U|Apple TV 4K|3.2.2 Dolby Atmos|
Other|LG 55EF9500|Sony XBR-55HX929|Yamaha RX-A1060BL|
statealum is offline  
post #27 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 07:46 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Yeah, too much time and too many posts on the Forum today.

(Hopefully obvious) typo fixed...
Yeah it was obvious, I just thought maybe that poor guy ordered the TV online and is expecting a 3D curved C7.
Quebecker is offline  
post #28 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Yeah it was obvious, I just thought maybe that poor guy ordered the TV online and is expecting a 3D curved C7.
Appreciate the consideration .
fafrd is offline  
post #29 of 41 Old 07-16-2017, 11:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Just remember with Sony you will alway pay for the brand name. Besides that as per my experience Sony's motion handling is better, so is color banding & gradient, its upscaling SDR and HD video is more cleaner than C7. But is all this worth $2000 is up to you to decide.

I have reproduced some analysis from experts here please have a look and decide.

Watch last 5 mins in this discussion: Scott Wilkinson and David Abrams (a Sony A1E owner and ISF calibrator)

LG C7 vs Sony A1E OLED

Sony A1E OLED review

Sony A1E vs Panasonic OLED comparison

CNET review:
https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-xbr-55a1e/review/

Rtings:

TV: LG C7 65" OLED
Home Theater System: Denon AVR X2400H 7.2 Ch, (R/L) Def Tech BP9060ST Floor Towers, Height Speaker - Def Tech A90, Center Speaker - Def Tech CS9060
Streaming Device: Apple TV 4K

Last edited by TVFanMTV; 07-16-2017 at 11:04 PM.
TVFanMTV is offline  
post #30 of 41 Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
changejobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by statealum View Post
Your question is one that should definitely be asked by any potential buyer of these sets. When you get your new television be sure to let us know how you like it after you have had a little time to get used to it.
will do.
changejobs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off