Troubles with LG OLED "Burn IN" and LG - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 85Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
As background, after earning a Ph. D. in chemistry, I worked in the flat panel display for over a decade, many years of which were specifically focused on OLED display technology. As such, when I purchased two LG OLED55E6P sets, one in 2016 and one in early 2017, I was well aware of the potential of irreversible OLED pixel aging ("burn in") occurring if the technology was not implemented correctly (i.e pixel shifting of static images, etc) or through user abuse (i.e. displaying static images at full brightness for extended periods of time.

LG has gone on record (http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability) indicating that "burn in" is rare except under extended display of a static image at peak brightness conditions. Accordingly, from "day one" on both sets, I have routinely, and almost exclusively to date, used the LG default APS setting when viewing content that displays static content such as logos, banners, etc. Both sets, so far have been used to view primarily cable content such as CNN, MSNBC, and other miscellaneous channels with the usual channel surfing.

Fast forward to today:

1) In the case of the older set, with approximately 825 hours of viewing time, I have not been able to detect any evidence of "burn in" when displaying a uniform red background

2) In the case of the newer set however, with only approximately 675 hours of viewing time, I have seen definite evidence of "burn in" when displaying a uniform red background (the CNN logo and banner).

3) At LG's direction, after I have completing numerous (approximately seven) manual, one hour, compensation cycles on the set displaying the "burned in" CNN logo/banner image, the "burn in" has been reduced but is still detectable.

Bottom Line:

1) In my experience, despite LG's assurances (http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability) the risk of 'burn in" in LG's 2016 OLED sets is real even if the sets are used at low power APS display settings with content that includes static images (i.e. almost all cable tv channels)

2) Multiple extended LG's compensation cycles did not eliminate "burn in" in my case, even when the apparent "burn in" resulted from low power settings

3) Based upon the fact that one of my OLED55E6P sets displays 'burn in" and the other does not after similar use, it is possible that there is enough LG OLED panel to panel variability that some panels are significantly more susceptible to "burn in" than others. Unfortunately, in contrast to initial panel uniformity, the results of this variabilty will likely not show up until the return period has long expired.

4) LG states: "It is rare for an average TV consumer to create an environment that could result in burn-in. Most cases of burn-in in televisions is a result of static images or on-screen elements displaying on the screen uninterrupted for many hours or days at a time ? with brightness typically at peak levels". In my case, I would strongly disagree with this claim.

5) After explaining this situation to LG in detail, LG refused to offer any assistance, simply stating it does not warrant against "burn in" regardless of the circumstances.

My Conclusion:

Before buying an OLED TV from LG, repeat the phrase "caveat emptor" three times.....

Last edited by John1948; 08-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.
John1948 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,329
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 1433
Geezus. These threads are just popping up all day now. Reminds me of plasma all over again but even worse. is this REALLY that widespread? I find that hard to believe. If someone came here without prior knowlege they'd assume that 100% of every OLED TV is gauranteed to burn in no mattre what or close to it. My goodness. This goes for the Sony OLED sets too, I assume? Or is it just an anti-LG crusade?

Sorry - this is just getting ridiculous now, IMO.
joys_R_us, wxman, CRAZZZY and 8 others like this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #3 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Geezus. These threads are just popping up all day now. Reminds me of plasma all over again but even worse. is this REALLY that widespread? I find that hard to believe. If someone came here without prior knowlege they'd assume that 100% of every OLED TV is gauranteed to burn in no mattre what or close to it. My goodness. This goes for the Sony OLED sets too, I assume? Or is it just an anti-LG crusade?

Sorry - this is just getting ridiculous now, IMO.
No premeditated bias against LG-just stating the facts.


If you would read through the threads you reference, you will find numerous reports of Lg's OLED displays developing permanent "burn in" under what most buyer's would consider "normal" operating conditions. And you will also see reported LG's unwilingness to stand behind its OLED TV products for this defect.


If you were going to spend $2000+ on an LG TV would you not want to know the facts before you purchased it?

The only thing ridiculous about posts on Lg's OLED TV "burn in" problem is LG's releasing a product that develops "burn in" under normal operation conditions, issuing statements minimizing the risk, and then refusing to stand behind the product by denying warranty coverage for a defect it states should not develop except on the rarest of circumstances, but does.
John1948 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Are both sets using the exact same settings, brightness, OLED light, etc?
And are they both displaying the same static logos for the same amount of hours?

Lots of variables to consider. I find it hard to believe that some sets are susceptible to burn in while others aren't. What would be the mechanism behind that?
bobt and yoguy1 like this.
TwistedMetalGear is offline  
post #5 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMetalGear View Post
Are both sets using the exact same settings, brightness, OLED light, etc?
And are they both displaying the same static logos for the same amount of hours?

Lots of variables to consider. I find it hard to believe that some sets are susceptible to burn in while others aren't. What would be the mechanism behind that?
Settings, firmware versions, pixel shift algorithm setting (on) are all the same.

I'm pretty familiar with multivariable analysis. Content viewing on the two sets is obviously not identical, but it is similar (mostly CNN, MSNBC and DirecTv channels).

Since I am a chemist by training, I would not speculate on what hardware issues might give rise to variable OLED pixel lifetime across panels. However, I can confidently state that the purities of the OLED materials, and their thermal histories (i.e. during vapor deposition, etc.) most definitely can lead to differential OLED material/pixel aging and therefore a differential propensity towards "burn in".

Additionally, the variability in the uniformity of LG OLED panels out of the box is well documented in numerous threads on this forum. Why would you expect panels that vary in the uniformity of the OLED materials and/or electronics to age the same?

As a side note, if you read the recent reviews on Apple's website of the 4K and 5K displays that LG designed and manufacture to be paired with Apple's 2016 and 2017 MacBook Pros, it is apparent that LG is struggling with with reliable product design and manufacture these days, in general.
Merlin521 likes this.

Last edited by John1948; 08-08-2017 at 10:10 AM.
John1948 is offline  
post #6 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Newbie
 
rtrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Burn In / Image Retention

I purchased my LG 2016 OLED65E6P in November 2016. The set has 3300 hours on it.
We watch MSNBC, CNBC, CNBC, and varying channels on Directv. It was about 2000 hours
we noticed the red banner image. I have been running Clear Noise Panel every night. This
site was adjusted from store to home setting with the factory setting used for viewing. We were
impressed with the LG literature on the OLED sets which led us to believe this set would self
correct these problems. Evidently, the self-healing process leaves a lot to be desired. It amazes me
that the company will not acknowledge these problems and offer a solution. Thanks to everyone who
keeping informing this forum about this problem.
dave1812dave likes this.
rtrader is offline  
post #7 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
I think it's time the mods merge all these burn in threads into just one. There is absolutely no reason to have multiple threads all discussing the same thing.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #8 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
No premeditated bias against LG-just stating the facts.


If you would read through the threads you reference, you will find numerous reports of Lg's OLED displays developing permanent "burn in" under what most buyer's would consider "normal" operating conditions. And you will also see reported LG's unwilingness to stand behind its OLED TV products for this defect.


If you were going to spend $2000+ on an LG TV would you not want to know the facts before you purchased it?

The only thing ridiculous about posts on Lg's OLED TV "burn in" problem is LG's releasing a product that develops "burn in" under normal operation conditions, issuing statements minimizing the risk, and then refusing to stand behind the product by denying warranty coverage for a defect it states should not develop except on the rarest of circumstances, but does.
But did you really need to create a new thread? There are several that you could have posted your experience, without having to create a new thread. All these different threads discussing the same thing just clutters up the forum.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #9 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
nodixe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Absolutely. It seems that this is the complaint section so only people with complaints will post. Meanwhile the silent majority continue to enjoy their oled. I'm so glad I didn't let the fear of burn in prevent me from buying the best pq I have ever seen on a tv.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
nodixe is offline  
post #10 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This is some news as I was planning to buy the sony oled for my ps4pro but I guess I should settle for a good lcd as my tv viewing is very high and burn is the last thing I want to see while watching
Sandyz is offline  
post #11 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Newbie
 
dieselboyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=Sandyz;54603362]This is some news as I was planning to buy the sony oled for my ps4pro but I guess I should settle for a good lcd as my tv viewing is very high and burn is the last thing I want to see while watching[/QUOTE

I'm beginning to regret my 55b6 purchase because I'm hesitant to do much gaming on my set.

I think I would have gone to a 65" led if I could choose again. I'm considering moving this TV to my bedroom so I can have some marathon gaming sessions.
dieselboyx is offline  
post #12 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
But did you really need to create a new thread? There are several that you could have posted your experience, without having to create a new thread. All these different threads discussing the same thing just clutters up the forum.
As does a post that adds absolutely no technical content....
John1948 is offline  
post #13 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 369
What % of the time was the TV displaying the static content that caused the burn in versus dynamic content without static elements?

You said you used only the APS picture setting on both TVs. I just checked and the defaults for APS are OLED Light at 80 and Contrast at 100, which are relatively high. This could have contributed to you getting burn in sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure what to make of why one TV got it and the other didn't. Possibilities are viewing habits that were not identical or construction/material differences between TVs.
no1special is offline  
post #14 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
i bet you OLED burn in is just getting started for the 2016 models, this is going to be huge and lawsuits will follow. LG is not handling this properly.
smokozuna is offline  
post #15 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
i bet you OLED burn in is just getting started for the 2016 models, this is going to be huge and lawsuits will follow. LG is not handling this properly.
Really? 11 months into ownership and I have no issues. The vast majority have no burn in. The sky is not falling and making that claim is just silly.
richlife, chunon, nodixe and 1 others like this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #16 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Really? 11 months into ownership and I have no issues. The vast majority have no burn in. The sky is not falling and making that claim is just silly.
Agreed, but the WOLED burn in poll is currently at about 15% of OLED TVs exhibiting burn in, and that's in an enthusiast forum. Think about how many averaged OLED consumers out there use their TVs to watch cable news a few hours a day or game, that will never visit this forum. I bet the rate is higher in the mass market, but even 15% is too high. A low failure rate would be around 3-5%.
no1special is offline  
post #17 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
6 more months the sky will definitely be falling. this crap only cropped up a week ago, we are just getting started. wheres my popcorn?
smokozuna is offline  
post #18 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
6 more months the sky will definitely be falling. this crap only cropped up a week ago, we are just getting started. wheres my popcorn?
Many people have had this tv for over a year, and have zero issues. Trollers got to troll. You bought an open box tv with 3200 hours on it and you got burned. So because you bought one that was displaying a non stop loop, its going to be a massive issue.
nodixe likes this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #19 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland,Ohio
Posts: 7,042
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2987 Post(s)
Liked: 2829
Another Oled burn in thread to add to this list. post #17 of 159 Old 07-29-2017, 02:01 PM

Last edited by losservatore; 08-08-2017 at 07:57 PM.
losservatore is offline  
post #20 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Really? 11 months into ownership and I have no issues. The vast majority have no burn in. The sky is not falling and making that claim is just silly.
The claimed lifetime of an OLED display is 100,000 hours (see http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...ction=showfull) . The poll published in another thread on this forum suggests that approximately 15% of the LG OLED displays suffer "burn in" early in the life of the display. I think it is fair to assume that this percentage of displays with "burn in" will only increase with further use time as differential aging progresses.

The sky is not falling, except for the 15% stuck with a display that has a major defect not covered by warranty. Many may consider paying $2000+ for a product with at least a 15% chance of developing a major defect early in the display's life that is not covered by warranty is a risk not worth taking, especially if one is planning on keeping it a while.
smokozuna and Merlin521 like this.
John1948 is offline  
post #21 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
The claimed lifetime of an OLED display is 100,000 hours (see http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...ction=showfull) . The poll published in another thread on this forum suggests that approximately 15% of the LG OLED displays suffer "burn in" early in the life of the display. I think it is fair to assume that this percentage of displays with "burn in" will only increase with further use time as differential aging progresses.

The sky is not falling, except for the 15% stuck with a display that has a major defect not covered by warranty. Many may consider paying $2000+ for a product with at least a 15% chance of developing a major defect early in the display's life that is not covered by warranty is a risk not worth taking, especially if one is planning on keeping it a while.
I have said all along LG needs to replace these defective tv's. Those who have BI, have seen it develop early on. This was the exact same issue with plasma. I remember when the Pioneers came out, some where developing BI, the same with the Panasonics in the first year. That's why most of us who owned plasma broke in their tv's by running slides for the first 200 hours. The older the plasma, the less likely BI was going to develop. I bet the same will be with OLED.
nodixe likes this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #22 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I have said all along LG needs to replace these defective tv's. Those who have BI, have seen it develop early on. This was the exact same issue with plasma. I remember when the Pioneers came out, some where developing BI, the same with the Panasonics in the first year. That's why most of us who owned plasma broke in their tv's by running slides for the first 200 hours. The older the plasma, the less likely BI was going to develop. I bet the same will be with OLED.
it was the early plasmas that had the worst chance of BI. i had one for 10 years and never had BI.
smokozuna is offline  
post #23 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Many people have had this tv for over a year, and have zero issues. Trollers got to troll. You bought an open box tv with 3200 hours on it and you got burned. So because you bought one that was displaying a non stop loop, its going to be a massive issue.
3200 hours is not 100,000. i thought you stated these sets with BI should have the panels replaced by LG under warranty? do i not qualify for that? i am stating my opinion and you call me names?

Last edited by smokozuna; 08-08-2017 at 08:31 PM.
smokozuna is offline  
post #24 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
it was the early plasmas that had the worst chance of BI. i had one for 10 years and never had BI.
You need to go into the ZT/VT forums and Pioneer forums. BI was a issue with some within the first year. Just like OLED. And just like plasma, the vast majority will not have BI issues. I bet if you bought a floor model plasma with 3200 hours on it, you would have seen burn in just like you did on your OLED.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #25 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
3200 hours is not 100,000. i though you stated these sets with BI should have the panels replaced by LG under warranty? do i not qualify for that? i am stating my opinion and you call me names?
So you bought a floor model from BB that had 3200 hours on it, that ran the same loop, over and over, without a comp cycle being ran, and it developed BI. Did you not get your money back from BB? How have you been harmed by LG if you got your money back?

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #26 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
You need to go into the ZT/VT forums and Pioneer forums. BI was a issue with some within the first year. Just like OLED. And just like plasma, the vast majority will not have BI issues. I bet if you bout a floor model plasma with 3200 hours on it, you would have seen burn in just like you did on your OLED.
your guessing and changing the subject, we do not own plasmas, we own OLEDs, OLED that are developing BI at a very young age. i do not need to spend any time on any other forums. thank you
Kenbar likes this.
smokozuna is offline  
post #27 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
So you bought a floor model from BB that had 3200 hours on it, that ran the same loop, over and over, without a comp cycle being ran, and it developed BI. Did you not get your money back from BB? How have you been harmed by LG if you got your money back?
im using the tv right now, playing uncharted 4, great game! and how do you know a cycle was not run. man you are all over the map.
smokozuna is offline  
post #28 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
your guessing and changing the subject, we do not own plasmas, we own OLEDs, OLED that are developing BI at a very young age. i do not need to spend any time on any other forums. thank you
I'm not guessing or changing the subject. OLED and plasma are emissive, and thus BI in possible. Some plasmas also developed BI at a young age with logos. You just said you owned plasma for 10 years. Now you say you don't. I owned a 5020 and a F8500 plasma.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
post #29 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I'm not guessing or changing the subject. OLED and plasma are emissive, and thus BI in possible. Some plasmas also developed BI at a young age with logos. You just said you owned plasma for 10 years. Now you say you don't. I owned a 5020 and a F8500 plasma.
i owned a plasma for 10 years. i sold it approx 6 months ago.
smokozuna is offline  
post #30 of 158 Old 08-08-2017, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,416
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5470 Post(s)
Liked: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
im using the tv right now, playing uncharted 4, great game! and how do you know a cycle was not run. man you are all over the map.
Because BB shuts off all their tv's at the main. Thus a comp cycle never runs. I'm just curious to why you didn't return your tv within your return window at BB, which at minimum is 15 days, and up to 45 days if you are an elite member.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
wxman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off