Does Your OLED TV Exhibit Image Persistence or Burn-In? - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Do you own an OLED? If yes, do you have issues with image persistence or burn-in?
I do not own an OLED 184 36.95%
My OLED has never experienced either issue 177 35.54%
On rare occasions, I spot faint temporary image persistence 71 14.26%
I experience occasional temporary image persistence 24 4.82%
I often see temporary image persistence 7 1.41%
My OLED has minor (barely noticeable) permanent burn-in 7 1.41%
I have suffered noticeable, permanent burn-in with my OLED 28 5.62%
Voters: 498. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 306Likes

post #661 of 664 Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just to close the loop, LG service replaced my panel today for no cost.

Thank you to LG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 664 Old 11-07-2018, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an OLED65B6P that has permanent burn-in that I'm currently trying to get fixed and could use some insight. I've been sifting through information on this website for weeks trying to find some answers and decided to finally join the forums.

From normal usage, using the default hdr game mode, and never longer than two hours at a time (with mixed usage from sources in between) I have two 6" burned in lines centered in my television.

I tried contacting LG when it first occurred over a year ago with no success on fixing the problem. I contacted them again a few weeks ago and they were more receptive but now it's beyond warranty. So now I'm trying to go through my credit card company for warranty but having issues getting firm quotes from any repair business near me for a claim.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. I wasn't sure if this is the right place for my post but it seems that open threads are better than new posts?

Thanks.
post #663 of 664 Old 11-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister914 View Post
Welp I guess I'm in the image burn camp. I have a OLED 55inch B6 purchased back in August 2016. Pretty bummed because I do love the set.

I know what it's from as well, playing Destiny 1 & 2, it's the HUD on the bottom left of the screen which shows guns/ammo/super energy.

I have 3400 hours on the set but that is not nearly all from just video games as I use the TV for movies, live TV, and other games.

I bought my E6P in May of '17, at 5800 hours it's just starting to show burn in, a little from news banners at the bottom and Destiny 2 for me. I've never used Game or Vivid mode, always ISF dark or cinema modes and now there's an image of a large half "X" in the upper left screen that's burned in? there's NEVER been anything static on the screen that even resembles this. My friends at LG told me tough luck, even with the extended warranty. And to be clear there's only been about 1 - 1.5 hours of news per day for 3-4 days per week and a few hours of gaming per week, the rest has been movies on blu ray or 4k disks.... I'm a big movie guy, that why I bought this LG in the first place. NEVER AGAIN, and my friends that see this won't be buying OLED's either.
no1special likes this.

LG OLED 65E6P|Marantz AV7703|Marantz M7055|OPPO UHDP 203|Technics SL-D303 TT|PS4 Pro|PS3|Nintendo NES|Atari 2600|Apple TV 4K|Roku Premiere +|Klipsch RF-7 III, RC 64 II|Monster Power HD 2550
Den of Solitude - Marantz 6300 TT | Marantz 125 Tuner | Marantz 3800 Pre Amp | Marantz 250 Amp | Sansui SP-5500X Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 664 Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8M1ke4516 View Post
As an update, I contacted LG and they are going to do a out of warranty replacement for me.

I also received a few tips to prevent and/or minimize in the future:

1. Switch channels or sources every couple of hours, particularly if there's a static image i.e. channel logo or game graphics

2. Red/yellow/white colors are the worst offenders

3. Lower OLED light to minimum possible for your environment

4. The panel becomes more susceptible the warmer it gets, so if doing marathon sessions, take a break for 10-20 minutes every couple of hours and turn panel off to allow it to cool.

5. Ensure pixel shift is on

6. Run clear panel noise at least weekly, but more frequently if using a lot of content with static images

Nothing particularly wrong with this advice to avoid OLED burn-in. I just wanted to add that according to Rtings.com who has done 2 separate OLED burn-in tests, and communicates directly with LG, LG confirmed with them that the burn-in effect is cumulative. So it really comes down to how many total hours a particular static element is displayed on screen. Rtings also confirmed that higher OLED Light settings lead to faster burn-in. Not sure if switching channels, taking breaks, or running clear panel noise will help to prevent burn-in. Also, white has been determined to be the safest color for a static element, so that's a bit strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon884 View Post
I bought my E6P in May of '17, at 5800 hours it's just starting to show burn in, a little from news banners at the bottom and Destiny 2 for me. I've never used Game or Vivid mode, always ISF dark or cinema modes and now there's an image of a large half "X" in the upper left screen that's burned in? there's NEVER been anything static on the screen that even resembles this. My friends at LG told me tough luck, even with the extended warranty. And to be clear there's only been about 1 - 1.5 hours of news per day for 3-4 days per week and a few hours of gaming per week, the rest has been movies on blu ray or 4k disks.... I'm a big movie guy, that why I bought this LG in the first place. NEVER AGAIN, and my friends that see this won't be buying OLED's either.

So how did you make out? Were you able to get your OLED panel replaced and have someone else pay for it?

LG OLED65B6P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
burn-in , image persistence , oled

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page