65B7 wall mount screw length? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2018, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
65B7 wall mount screw length?

I picked up a 65B7 and want to wall mount it. I have a mount already from my plasma and want to use it, but I need to pick up the right sized screws for the TV. I know I need to get an M6 diameter screw, but I can't find any info on what the proper length and thread pitch is. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2410 Post(s)
Liked: 2674
Got this from its owners thread here:

"M6x16 or m6x20. Both seem good, may need a washer with the 20, but otherwise seems perfect"

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2018, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2410 Post(s)
Liked: 2674
If you use any wall mount included plastic spacers along with a single metal washer(which you should always use) into it's mounting bracket then you'll need to account for that added length as well. Good idea once you find the TV's actual screw depth by hand tightening a screw on it's own is to take the TV side mounting bracket and any washers spacers with you to the hardware store to dry fit any additional screw lengths. There's usually loose screws in all of these stores bins and or a slight hole into the bag holding the screws to be able to wiggle one out of the bag to try it. You want everything flush but you don't want to over tighten it. Hand tight and maybe a quarter turn with a screwdriver should be sufficient. Good luck.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Got this from its owners thread here:

"M6x16 or m6x20. Both seem good, may need a washer with the 20, but otherwise seems perfect"
This is right. I ended up buying pretty much everything between 12 and 30 because I wanted the longest I could get. 20 was the answer for me, but I used a super flat mount w/ no spacers
post #5 of 5 Old 02-10-2018, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks so much to both of you for the help - this is exactly what I needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page