Curious how plasma compares anymore - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 182Likes
Closed Thread

post #1 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Curious how plasma compares anymore

This is a popular forum!

I've seen the latest and greatest in the stores, hard to compare though the way they have them set up in the big box stores. We've been thoroughly pleased with our Panasonic 65" plasma - TC-P65VT25 that we've had for oh, probably 9-10 years now. It doesn't get a ton of usage, probably on average 1-2 hours a day over that time. I have the setup up pretty well fine tuned at this point, building on original recommendations from when these first hit the market, I still to this day get a thrill out of it's handling of low light shadows and inky blacks. It's a energy hog for sure, something that the newer OLED/LED tech certainly improves on.

So just wondering, with comparable screen setups, how an good plasma of this vintage compares to the newer stuff? Obviously it doesn't do 4k, so lets say also comparing similar source material. We are looking at completing a basement renovation this year (hopefully - kids may extend the time frame....) and I have to consider whether to put the plasma down there and move to something else for where it is, in a living room, or keep it where it is and go to a projector in the new area, just weighing the options. Lots to factor in at this point, the "visual aid" just one of them.
hockeynut, WOLVERNOLE and RxpSGR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 136
put it this way the new oled destroys a zt60 plasma ,and even a tweaked out krp500m ,those in most peoples opinions, r the 2 best plasmas tv ever made by a mile . so needless to say to will make your current tv look bad .

greatone99
post #3 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4381 Post(s)
Liked: 3815
The Achilles heel of WOLED is the near black uniformity (unless you're exceedingly lucky), an area that LGD has yet to consistently crack. The TC-P65VT25 is quite the phosphor glower, and I heard some complaints about uniformity in that era (2010), though yours is apparently not afflicted with anything noticeable. A new WOLED should absolutely decimate it in most areas of PQ barring motion and, potentially, vertical banding near black (tinting on white is another area to watch for).
VidPro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mostly after being out in the stores, I have noticed the motion issues with ours, comparatively. When you only ever watch your own TV you get tunnel vision I suppose, forget, or don't realize that the grass could be greener.

Appreciate the comments.

Ok, so I think most of the reviews I've seen reference 65" OLED technology, be it the LG or Sony products, as the cream of the crop. Do the bigger TVs in those same lines perform similarly and the reviewers focus in on the 65" platform for the max cost/benefit ratio, or are there issues when you go bigger than 65"?
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
post #5 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 39
When it comes to the absolute best plasmas (9.5G Kuros, ZT60) OLED beats them in black level, ambient light rejection, brightness, and image cleanness (and I'm talking pretty substantial advantages in all these areas). It loses when it comes to uniformity but that is usually really hard to spot in regular viewing.

Plasmas will maintain sharper images during fast motion due to how they "pulse" each frame. But OLEDs with black frame insertion essentially solve that problem as well. And starting this year even LG OLEDs will have that feature.

Your VT25 is an average to pretty good display by plasma standards. Although I think it's part of the generation of Panasonic plasmas with the rising black level problem. So unless you fixed it, the picture quality is pretty much garbage by today's standards.
post #6 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know about garbage, but I get and take your points. So it looks like keeping the old plasma might not be a top priority, I can live with that. Thanks for the comments all.
GulfCoast71 likes this.
post #7 of 305 Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
I don't know about garbage, but I get and take your points. So it looks like keeping the old plasma might not be a top priority, I can live with that. Thanks for the comments all.
How about compared with a Kuro 151 with 20000 hours ?
post #8 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 53
If you dont have an actual problem with the TV I would not put it out to pasture. I have P50VT30 myself and have not seen anything that made me consider it obsolete. Most differences that anyone would claim for an OLED are more lab based and not clear cut benefits compared to a great product you already own and does exactly what you want when watching it. Why would you spend money to change it? if the TV was no good you'd have changed it. You wouldnt be on the forum asking.

Save your money. The time will come when you need to change it, or have good reasons to, but I doubt that's now.
post #9 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamede View Post
If you dont have an actual problem with the TV I would not put it out to pasture. I have P50VT30 myself and have not seen anything that made me consider it obsolete. Most differences that anyone would claim for an OLED are more lab based and not clear cut benefits compared to a great product you already own and does exactly what you want when watching it. Why would you spend money to change it? if the TV was no good you'd have changed it. You wouldnt be on the forum asking.

Save your money. The time will come when you need to change it, or have good reasons to, but I doubt that's now.
That and uniformity issues would (should have) keep me in the plasma world until the uniformity issue gets resolved to a point where it’s a non-issue. All the other benefits would and will make it an awesome choice.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Carver M-500t/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
post #10 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 887
I have a VT20 and while I don't have an OLED (yet), I can say that my 2015 Panasonic 65CX850 FALD 4k LCD is clearly superior to the VT20 (better everything other than motion and cleaning up garbage sources) so logically one can say a current OLED set will destroy it.

The rising black level of the plasma is/was a bummer. My old LCD (Samsung 46D630) I replaced with the CX850 actually had about an equal black level as the VT20 got to when the black level got worse. I have calibration equipment and measured them to prove this.
post #11 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I have a 65ZT60 and recently got a 77" OLED G6P. I am still amazed by the quality of the plasma. Its pretty damn good for how many years I have had it. Really well made. I wish they stuck with the technology. For 1080p material I would say between plasma and oled they are equivalent, with maybe an ounce more better motion resolution to the plasma. 3d is definitely better on the OLED. And my Zt60 had high input lag, thus my new OLED is way better for games. Of course 4 k material is going to be better on the OLED then the Plasma. For its day and age plasma technology is amazing. Whats so dumb is back in the day when plasmas were around and there was nothing else other than LEDs, all the Best Buy guys would try to get me into buying an LED and steer me away from plasma. Thats why I don't listen to them anymore, they know not.

Mo!
WOLVERNOLE and mailiang like this.
post #12 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Mohan View Post
I have a 65ZT60 and recently got a 77" OLED G6P. I am still amazed by the quality of the plasma. Its pretty damn good for how many years I have had it. Really well made. I wish they stuck with the technology. For 1080p material I would say between plasma and oled they are equivalent, with maybe an ounce more better motion resolution to the plasma. 3d is definitely better on the OLED. And my Zt60 had high input lag, thus my new OLED is way better for games. Of course 4 k material is going to be better on the OLED then the Plasma. For its day and age plasma technology is amazing. Whats so dumb is back in the day when plasmas were around and there was nothing else other than LEDs, all the Best Buy guys would try to get me into buying an LED and steer me away from plasma. Thats why I don't listen to them anymore, they know not.

Mo!
Yes!Sales people are worth what we pay them.

Plasma TV will leak,LCD's are better.

Funny,my 11 year old Kuro still works great.
Mamasboy likes this.
post #13 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1503 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
This is a popular forum!

I've seen the latest and greatest in the stores, hard to compare though the way they have them set up in the big box stores. We've been thoroughly pleased with our Panasonic 65" plasma - TC-P65VT25 that we've had for oh, probably 9-10 years now. It doesn't get a ton of usage, probably on average 1-2 hours a day over that time. I have the setup up pretty well fine tuned at this point, building on original recommendations from when these first hit the market, I still to this day get a thrill out of it's handling of low light shadows and inky blacks. It's a energy hog for sure, something that the newer OLED/LED tech certainly improves on.

So just wondering, with comparable screen setups, how an good plasma of this vintage compares to the newer stuff? Obviously it doesn't do 4k, so lets say also comparing similar source material. We are looking at completing a basement renovation this year (hopefully - kids may extend the time frame....) and I have to consider whether to put the plasma down there and move to something else for where it is, in a living room, or keep it where it is and go to a projector in the new area, just weighing the options. Lots to factor in at this point, the "visual aid" just one of them.
I am puzzled by this statement of inky black and plasma in the same comment. On an OLED when you have black bars on a movie, that part of the TV simple isn't visible in a dark room, while on a plasma it is clearly there as a dark grey area. Plasma doesn't truly do black (sure it beats most LCDs, but I think most CRTs did too) the way OLED does.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #14 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
I am puzzled by this statement of inky black and plasma in the same comment. On an OLED when you have black bars on a movie, that part of the TV simple isn't visible in a dark room, while on a plasma it is clearly there as a dark grey area. Plasma doesn't truly do black (sure it beats most LCDs, but I think most CRTs did too) the way OLED does.
I dont know ... my Zt60 was pretty inky black. When I look at my zt60 and oled they look same black level to me.
post #15 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Quote:
For the most part my 500M the black bars disappeared into the night depending what was on screen. OLED definitely beats it in the sense that it's 100% of the time.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Carver M-500t/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
post #16 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 312
We have a 65" Panasonic VT series plasma. On "real world" DTV and Blu-ray, it looks fantastic.
The OLEDs and QLEDS at BB and Costco are displaying 4K HDR "eye candy". How much of that stuff do people actually watch?
When the 4K/HDR content is out there and more wide spread, then it's upgrade time. Until then, the last generation of plasmas are tough to beat. Plus, their viewing angle is almost 180 degrees.
My $.02.
post #17 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 73
As great as Plasmas where in the past (and still hold their own against TV's from the Plasma era) they are not even in the same league as the last gen OLED... I mean 4K + HDR + latest processing tech... it's like comparing a good CRT from the year 2000 to a Kuro set....
oneeyeblind likes this.

| Sony XBR65AE1 | Denon X6200W | 7.2.4 | Oppo 203 | Nvidia Shield | Harmony Elite |
| Emotiva mini-X a-100 | Ascend CMT-340 | Emotiva ERD-1 | SVS SB2000 + Martin Logan Abyss |
| PS4 Pro | Xbox One X |
|Sony XBR65X950B | Samsung UN49KS8000 |
post #18 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
I own an LX6090 (European Kuro) and for most 1.85 and 2.35 material the bars do indeed disappear. You sort of see them when the content on screen is really dark. And obviously they are not "off" in the way OLED screens can be (I have OLED on my smartphone). For 16:9 material, in most content, blacks are black. Not on starfield or dark horror movies scenes, granted.
video_analysis likes this.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
Video Pioneer PDP-LX6090 (calibrated)
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010, Dynaudio Audience 72 (FL, FR), Dynaudio Audience 42C (C), Dynaudio 42W (SR, SL), Chario Piccolo Star Satellite (Presence Height), SVS PB-1000 (SW)
Sources HTPC, Xbox One S, Squeezebox
post #19 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I have all of the displays mentioned in this thread - I am running out of places to move them to! Now, 55 LG E7 oled in bedroom, Panasonic 50 VT 20 in office, and Panasonic 65 ZT 60 as main display in home theater. Initially, while I love the absolute blacks on the E7, I was slightly underwhelmed to be honest. There is a richness and "organicness" to the plasma picture that oled does not have - it looks more "digitized", though not as bad as LED/LCD, and the motion is not as smooth. My wife (who is no videophile) asked if I could bring the VT 20 back into the bedroom as she preferred the picture, rising blacks and all. I refused, and fortunately LG came out with the Technicolor firmware update, which substantially improved the picture, colors were richer, everything just looked better. The Dolby Vision demos are pretty spectacular too, so I am content now that I feel the E7 was an upgrade over the VT 20, except in motion handling, and maybe still in the naturalness of the image.

As to the ZT 60 vs. the E7, even with 4K, HDR, and perfect blacks, I am not sure that I prefer the oled to the plasma overall. With just a small amount of ambient light (which is how I like to watch movies), the ZT 60 blacks are indistinguishable from the oled. The picture on the ZT is just a little more natural and rich, and the motion handling is better. And I still enjoy a 3D movie, which is no longer available on oled.

Lastly, I got an HD Fury Linker to be able to play the 4K streams from my Roku Premeire Plus (which have Atmos audio). I got it for the Atmos audio, but I was really surprised how good 4K content downscaled by the Linker looked on my ZT 60. I think it has something to do with 444 Chroma Sub-Sampling, but 4K content on my 1080P ZT 60 looks spectacular - it really looks 4K! And the ZT 60 is capable of 98% coverage of the P3 color space so on wide color gamut 4K material I can have the Linker send rec 2020 color to the ZT 60 for more "pop" in the colors.
post #20 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
I have all of the displays mentioned in this thread - I am running out of places to move them to! Now, 55 LG E7 oled in bedroom, Panasonic 50 VT 20 in office, and Panasonic 65 ZT 60 as main display in home theater. Initially, while I love the absolute blacks on the E7, I was slightly underwhelmed to be honest. There is a richness and "organicness" to the plasma picture that oled does not have - it looks more "digitized", though not as bad as LED/LCD, and the motion is not as smooth. My wife (who is no videophile) asked if I could bring the VT 20 back into the bedroom as she preferred the picture, rising blacks and all. I refused, and fortunately LG came out with the Technicolor firmware update, which substantially improved the picture, colors were richer, everything just looked better. The Dolby Vision demos are pretty spectacular too, so I am content now that I feel the E7 was an upgrade over the VT 20, except in motion handling, and maybe still in the naturalness of the image.

As to the ZT 60 vs. the E7, even with 4K, HDR, and perfect blacks, I am not sure that I prefer the oled to the plasma overall. With just a small amount of ambient light (which is how I like to watch movies), the ZT 60 blacks are indistinguishable from the oled. The picture on the ZT is just a little more natural and rich, and the motion handling is better. And I still enjoy a 3D movie, which is no longer available on oled.

Lastly, I got an HD Fury Linker to be able to play the 4K streams from my Roku Premeire Plus (which have Atmos audio). I got it for the Atmos audio, but I was really surprised how good 4K content downscaled by the Linker looked on my ZT 60. I think it has something to do with 444 Chroma Sub-Sampling, but 4K content on my 1080P ZT 60 looks spectacular - it really looks 4K! And the ZT 60 is capable of 98% coverage of the P3 color space so on wide color gamut 4K material I can have the Linker send rec 2020 color to the ZT 60 for more "pop" in the colors.
Interesting about the HD Fury Linker. I also have a Roku Pemiere Plus and Neflix. Do you need to subscribe to a seperate 4K Netflix plan. Also, what about other 4K sources? Does the Linker do a good job downscaling these?
Can you link to more info about it?
Thanks
post #21 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2715 Post(s)
Liked: 2357
Quote:
except in motion handling
I keep seeing this, and I keep wondering if I'm the only one watching video with motion.
Motion blur drives me crazy, so I'm hoping my Sammy plasma has a long and healthy life.
Michael
post #22 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Interesting about the HD Fury Linker. I also have a Roku Pemiere Plus and Neflix. Do you need to subscribe to a seperate 4K Netflix plan. Also, what about other 4K sources? Does the Linker do a good job downscaling these?
Can you link to more info about it?
Thanks
Yes, if you want 4K Netflix you need to upgrade to 4K plan, but it was only a couple more dollars per month I think. I don't have any links about the HD Fury Linker, but it allows you to play hdcp copy protected sources on older 1080P equipment, like my ZT 60, and my Pioneer elite SC 85 receiver (which means I didn't need to buy a new receiver with hdcp 2.2 either). There is a lot of info on the HD Fury website so I would check there for more details.

Yes, the Linker does a great job downscaling all 4K sources, Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, and especially YouTube - there are some spectacular 4K and even 8K videos on YouTube that look amazing on my ZT 60.
post #23 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Yes, if you want 4K Netflix you need to upgrade to 4K plan, but it was only a couple more dollars per month I think. I don't have any links about the HD Fury Linker, but it allows you to play hdcp copy protected sources on older 1080P equipment, like my ZT 60, and my Pioneer elite SC 85 receiver (which means I didn't need to buy a new receiver with hdcp 2.2 either). There is a lot of info on the HD Fury website so I would check there for more details.

Yes, the Linker does a great job downscaling all 4K sources, Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, and especially YouTube - there are some spectacular 4K and even 8K videos on YouTube that look amazing on my ZT 60.
Don't get me wrong I love my ZT60. But my 77" Oled definitely has some benefits. First of all its practically blur and judder free. That may not be a good thing for some, but for those who hate judder.. oled all the way. I mean it so clear and so judder free its weird. Second the brightness is superior. My ZT60 on thx bright looked great, but it washed out the colors a bit. The Oled colors are superior and I only really made the move so I can do 4 k gaming. Gaming on an OLED is significantly better. Quicker input lag, absolutely no blur no motion problems, and is smooth. Playing games at 2k or higher is amazing.
Am I happy with my change from plasma to oled? Yes, but not for 10,000 bucks.. thats the only thing. I think it was too expensive for what it is.

Mo
sickkent likes this.
post #24 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I love my ZT60. But my 77" Oled definitely has some benefits. First of all its practically blur and judder free. That may not be a good thing for some, but for those who hate judder.. oled all the way. I mean it so clear and so judder free its weird. Second the brightness is superior. My ZT60 on thx bright looked great, but it washed out the colors a bit. The Oled colors are superior and I only really made the move so I can do 4 k gaming. Gaming on an OLED is significantly better. Quicker input lag, absolutely no blur no motion problems, and is smooth. Playing games at 2k or higher is amazing.
Am I happy with my change from plasma to oled? Yes, but not for 10,000 bucks.. thats the only thing. I think it was too expensive for what it is.

Mo
Someday I will replace my 65 ZT-60 with a 77 inch oled, but not until prices come down a good bit. As to brightness, I agree that colors on the THX brightroom setting are slightly washed out, that's why I don't use it. I use Dnice's original "bright' room settings using mid-panel brightness for darkroom viewing, and Dnice's later brightroom settings using high-panel brightness for daytime viewing. Colors are just about perfect, not washed out at all, I think better than my E7 even with the Technicolor update.

As to motion, I am guessing you use some level of de-judder settings on the oled, or else I cannot imagine how the motion could be judder free - movies filmed at 24fps (almost all movies) have judder in the original source. I cannot stand movies looking like they were filmed on a camcorder (soap opera effect) so I am watching my E7 with all motion enhancements turned off. The ZT 60 has motion smoothing settings as well, but they look awful as well so I don't use them. With all motion "enhancements" turned off, motion handling on the ZT is definitely better than the E7 in my opinion, but everyone's eyes are different I guess. I don't game so that may be an area where oled is superior.
post #25 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Someday I will replace my 65 ZT-60 with a 77 inch oled, but not until prices come down a good bit. As to brightness, I agree that colors on the THX brightroom setting are slightly washed out, that's why I don't use it. I use Dnice's original "bright' room settings using mid-panel brightness for darkroom viewing, and Dnice's later brightroom settings using high-panel brightness for daytime viewing. Colors are just about perfect, not washed out at all, I think better than my E7 even with the Technicolor update.

As to motion, I am guessing you use some level of de-judder settings on the oled, or else I cannot imagine how the motion could be judder free - movies filmed at 24fps (almost all movies) have judder in the original source. I cannot stand movies looking like they were filmed on a camcorder (soap opera effect) so I am watching my E7 with all motion enhancements turned off. The ZT 60 has motion smoothing settings as well, but they look awful as well so I don't use them. With all motion "enhancements" turned off, motion handling on the ZT is definitely better than the E7 in my opinion, but everyone's eyes are different I guess. I don't game so that may be an area where oled is superior.
Believe me I hate soap opera effect, so I don't use any motion smoothing on my Oled or any of my plasmas. But my oled is smooth, like crazy smooth. Not a single hiccup. Its weird. At one point I was sad, because I actually wanted judder to come back and so desperately wanted to go back to my Zt60. But I like it now. Weird.. I know!
post #26 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1951 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
I dont know ... my Zt60 was pretty inky black. When I look at my zt60 and oled they look same black level to me.
I have a Panasonic 65VT60 in my living room and a 60ST50 in my bedroom. Both are inky black in black scenes or where bars are in place. And, I watch in a totally dark room with no backlights or anything like that. I have still not seen anything that's out today that can touch them, including OLED. You can have mine when they die or when I die.
post #27 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post
I have a Panasonic 65VT60 in my living room and a 60ST50 in my bedroom. Both are inky black in black scenes or where bars are in place. And, I watch in a totally dark room with no backlights or anything like that. I have still not seen anything that's out today that can touch them, including OLED. You can have mine when they die or when I die.
I totally agree, panny plasma all the way!
RxpSGR likes this.
post #28 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
But I must admit, watching some of the shows in HDR on Netflix looked pretty damn good to me.. Stranger things and that Cloverfield or whatever. Can't wait to see what HDR has in future.

Mo!
post #29 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1951 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
But I must admit, watching some of the shows in HDR on Netflix looked pretty damn good to me.. Stranger things and that Cloverfield or whatever. Can't wait to see what HDR has in future.

Mo!
For me there's a much greater improvement from LCD/OLED to Plasma than there is from non-HDR to HDR, so I'll keep mine.
post #30 of 305 Old 02-13-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
For me there's a much greater improvement from LCD/OLED to Plasma than there is from non-HDR to HDR, so I'll keep mine.
yeah yeah man, keep them. Dont get trapped into this whole 4k thing. But I do want to say going from a 65" plasma to a 65" oled is just dumb. Going from a 65" plasma to a bigger TV like my 77" or bigger.. then you can actually appreciate 4k.

Mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page