2017 LG OLED Latest Firmware 04.70.70 (2-23-18) - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 120Likes

post #391 of 494 Old 06-26-2018, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I updated to 4.71.00 last night via USB.

Everything looked okay, but soon after, the screen went dark. Then I saw some sparks flying out of the back of the panel. The room also became intensely bright, and when I looked outside the window, I realized that the update had knocked the earth out of its orbit and was hurtling towards the sun. All the while, there was very sinister music playing from the TV's speakers (it was Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend").

Other than that, the update went splendidly.

My one measly DV disc, The Last Jedi, looked great--and already looked great prior to this update. I was previously using the latest Korean 04.70.90 firmware and I have the Philips BDP7502 with the latest firmware--very underrated player, given no one ever mentions it, which has given me no problems at all.
giomania, PlanetAVS and wrathek like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 494 Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
4.71 update = No Dolby Atmos!!

I updated my LG OLED55B7A today with the latest firmware update (4.71) and now my Dolby Atmos doesn’t work through the LG apps (Netflix,Vudu). They worked prior to the update! It’s definitely an issue with the LG TV and their apps not passing Atmos over HDMI-ARC again to my AV receiver. What still works is my XBox One X and my Xfinity 4K box which is still passing Dolby Atmos to my receiver. I’m pissed because the LG apps are the only ones that has both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in some of their movies or show through their Netflix or Vudu apps. My Xbox has HDR but not DV in their apps which I have to use until LG releases another update! I Can’t wait till Apple releases Dolby Atmos on their next update for the Apple TV 4K this year as I will never have to worry about LGs poor programming and QA process on their updates as the Apple TV will be the only device with both Dolby Vision and Atmos.
post #393 of 494 Old 06-26-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christcorp View Post
You can put in whatever firmware you want. No one is stopping you. I’ve been installing and writing firmware for computer based electronics for more than 30 years. I have certain rules I follow.

1. If it ain’t broke.... don’t fix it.
2. If you can’t go backwards with a firmware, don’t experiment.
3. If the new firmware doesn’t have any new improvements that you need addressed, no need to upgrade.
4. If the new firmware isn’t explicit and clear about what issues it’s addressing, don’t install it.

Answers:
1. There’s nothing wrong with the .90 I’m using
2. I can’t go back to .90 if I don’t like the new 4.71.0
3. There isn’t anything on the new 4.71.0 that addresses improvements or features I need.
4. LG hasn’t stated clearly what the new firmware addresses.

I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with 4.71.0. Not saying it will hurt anything. But it’s like jumping off of a building. You can’t jump and then decide.... “I change my mind”. You can’t “Hope” that the landing will be soft. Once I know what’s at the bottom, where I’m going to land, then I’ll decide if I’m going to jump or not. With the Korean .90, it’s not like there’s a fire, and I HAVE to jump.
I updated my LG OLED55B7A today with the latest firmware update (4.71) and now my Dolby Atmos doesn’t work through the LG apps (Netflix,Vudu). They worked prior to the update! It’s definitely an issue with the LG TV and their apps not passing Atmos over HDMI-ARC again to my AV receiver. What still works is my XBox One X and my Xfinity 4K box which is still passing Dolby Atmos to my receiver. I’m pissed because the LG apps are the only ones that has both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in some of their movies or show through their Netflix or Vudu apps. My Xbox has HDR but not DV in their apps which I have to use until LG releases another update! I Can’t wait till Apple releases Dolby Atmos on their next update for the Apple TV 4K this year as I will never have to worry about LGs poor programming and QA process on their updates as the Apple TV will be the only device with both Dolby Vision and Atmos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 494 Old 06-26-2018, 09:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisq View Post
It's not a firmware issue...been on .71 and watched Netflix with Atmos all weekend (65B7A). Unplug the HDMI (have read this helps), disable ARC, do a full reboot of the TV...

Try a few different things before you blame the firmware.
Travis299 likes this.

Josh
post #395 of 494 Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
I checked mine and DV & Atmos works fine after the update. Sorry to here yours is not.
ppasteur and Travis299 like this.

Sony OLED 65A8G & LG OLED 55B7A
Denon AVRS740H & Denon AVRX2200W
Direct TV, PS4, PS, & XBoxS
Pioneer Elite Atmos SP-EBS73 x 2 & 2 Centers
Sony X-700 BD & Samsung K8500 BD
post #396 of 494 Old 06-27-2018, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
This update's a disaster for me

Updated my E7 to Version 04.71.00 last night and the CEC is dominating my receiver and forcing it to use ARC when I don't want it.

Example:
I have my Tivo hooked to my Pioneer SC-LX801 using the Cab/Sat input, then HDMI out (refer to as 1 MAIN/TV)from the Pioneer goes into the LG OLED HDMI-2 input.

So my remote turns on the TV, sets it to HDMI 2, and turns on the Pioneer to Cab/Sat.

Well now the LG OLED takes control of the Pioneer and switches the input to TV no matter what - so basicly I can't watch my Tivo, my DVD, or my Xbox on the TV when CEC is on - which it must be to use ARC - which I use only for the smart TV functions. So I either lose the Smart TV functions - or have to turn on Smart TV, then disable CEC and then switch over TIVO/DVD/Xbox.

Note:If I leave the TV and receiver on for a few minutes then I can switch to Cab/Sat - so it's something where the TV is asserting control when it should not.
post #397 of 494 Old 06-27-2018, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
I updated to 4.71.00 last night via USB.

Everything looked okay, but soon after, the screen went dark. Then I saw some sparks flying out of the back of the panel. The room also became intensely bright, and when I looked outside the window, I realized that the update had knocked the earth out of its orbit and was hurtling towards the sun. All the while, there was very sinister music playing from the TV's speakers (it was Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend").

Other than that, the update went splendidly.

My one measly DV disc, The Last Jedi, looked great--and already looked great prior to this update. I was previously using the latest Korean 04.70.90 firmware and I have the Philips BDP7502 with the latest firmware--very underrated player, given no one ever mentions it, which has given me no problems at all.

I should have read your post b4 dialing 911...
vince48 likes this.
post #398 of 494 Old 06-27-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
It's not a firmware issue...been on .71 and watched Netflix with Atmos all weekend (65B7A). Unplug the HDMI (have read this helps), disable ARC, do a full reboot of the TV...

Try a few different things before you blame the firmware.
Well I resolved my issue by resetting my Pioneer Elite VSX-LX302 to factory defaults!! thank god lol. Thanks for everyone's input.
post #399 of 494 Old 06-27-2018, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhayes View Post
Updated my E7 to Version 04.71.00 last night and the CEC is dominating my receiver and forcing it to use ARC when I don't want it.

Example:
I have my Tivo hooked to my Pioneer SC-LX801 using the Cab/Sat input, then HDMI out (refer to as 1 MAIN/TV)from the Pioneer goes into the LG OLED HDMI-2 input.

So my remote turns on the TV, sets it to HDMI 2, and turns on the Pioneer to Cab/Sat.

Well now the LG OLED takes control of the Pioneer and switches the input to TV no matter what - so basicly I can't watch my Tivo, my DVD, or my Xbox on the TV when CEC is on - which it must be to use ARC - which I use only for the smart TV functions. So I either lose the Smart TV functions - or have to turn on Smart TV, then disable CEC and then switch over TIVO/DVD/Xbox.

Note:If I leave the TV and receiver on for a few minutes then I can switch to Cab/Sat - so it's something where the TV is asserting control when it should not.
For what its worth... my 77C8 is doing the same thing. It’s soooo annoying....firmware is 3.00.75 LG needs to fix this. Arrgghh My receiver is a Marantz SR5012.
post #400 of 494 Old 06-29-2018, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braska View Post
For what its worth... my 77C8 is doing the same thing. It’s soooo annoying....firmware is 3.00.75 LG needs to fix this. Arrgghh My receiver is a Marantz SR5012.
Latest is .95, give it a shot.

Den - LG 65 OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - SVS Ultra-13 - DTV 4K - XBOX One S
Media - LG 65 OLEDC8 - AVR-X4400 - KFL28F - Vienna Acoustics Center - Def GEMS Rear - Def A60 Atmos - Monitor Silver SUB - DTV 4K - XBOX One X
My YouTube Tech Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/TechFan
post #401 of 494 Old 06-29-2018, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by satboy View Post
Latest is .95, give it a shot.
Just updated. No improvement. Ugh.
post #402 of 494 Old 07-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
At some point in the last couple of weeks by 55B7-A auto-updated to 4.71. How did I know this? Because I started having all kinds of HDMI sync / handshake issues that have basically disabled my display. This was an issue when I first got the display in Fall 2017 but was magically fixed when the display updated to 4.70.36 in late December 2017. Everything has worked great since then, until now. With 1080p SDR content from my XFinity X1 cable box (routed through Denon x4400H AVR), screen blanks out and back in periodically with “no signal” displayed). AppleTV is particularly problematic - when it works at all, it will only display up to 4K HDR — not DolbyVision, which shows nothing but the “no signal” stock image of some village on a fjord in Europe, with an occasional image of gray static intermittently flickering in and back out. This has to be the firmware because everything was working fine and then it stopped working fine at exactly the time that 4.71 started rolling out. I didn’t even realize that there was a new firmware version until 15 minutes ago when I logged onto this forum. I take it there’s no way to roll this back to the prior version?
post #403 of 494 Old 07-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Some people who had issues after a firmware update were able to resolve, by totally powering down the tv, waiting a couple minutes, and powering it back up. Like a computer, sometimes it needs a good reboot.

Also, if you have your ATV4K and possibly other devices going through an AVR before getting to the tv, you might need to check it too to make sure it is sending the signal properly to the tv. A power cycle there can’t hurt either.

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

post #404 of 494 Old 07-09-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Some people who had issues after a firmware update were able to resolve, by totally powering down the tv, waiting a couple minutes, and powering it back up. Like a computer, sometimes it needs a good reboot.

Also, if you have your ATV4K and possibly other devices going through an AVR before getting to the tv, you might need to check it too to make sure it is sending the signal properly to the tv. A power cycle there can’t hurt either.
Thanks. I’ve power cycled the entire system multiple times to not much effect. I should have also mentioned that the HDMI connection to the LG OLED is over a fiber optic HDMI cable which runs from the TV located in the first floor living room to the equipment rack in the basement. Not that this should make a difference - the fiber has bandwidth to spare, and again there have been zero issues from version 4.70.36 until now. While the evidence is only circumstantial, the trigger really seems to have been the rollout of 4.71.00. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that the HDMI cable would have crapped out at exactly the same time as the firmware update, especially since I know that I had similar issues under an earlier firmware version (4.70.35) that went away when that version was updated to .36.
post #405 of 494 Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
You might want to try---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRickW View Post
Thanks. I’ve power cycled the entire system multiple times to not much effect. I should have also mentioned that the HDMI connection to the LG OLED is over a fiber optic HDMI cable which runs from the TV located in the first floor living room to the equipment rack in the basement. Not that this should make a difference - the fiber has bandwidth to spare, and again there have been zero issues from version 4.70.36 until now. While the evidence is only circumstantial, the trigger really seems to have been the rollout of 4.71.00. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that the HDMI cable would have crapped out at exactly the same time as the firmware update, especially since I know that I had similar issues under an earlier firmware version (4.70.35) that went away when that version was updated to .36.
Ok I too have had this problem and addressed it with LG service.

This is what they told me.

Shut TV off using power switch on back of TV (I had to look for it LOL).
Remove all video.audio connections to TV
Cycle power on using power switch holding switch in the on position for 30 seconds (I only did 10 seconds or so).
Power off and wait 30 seconds
Reconnect all video and audio
Power on via switch

Operate normally henceforth-

I don't know if you need all these steps but doing this did clear up issues I was having with new firmware.

Larry
post #406 of 494 Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phakur View Post

Cycle power on using power switch holding switch in the on position for 30 seconds (I only did 10 seconds or so).
Power on via switch

I don't know if you need all these steps but doing this did clear up issues I was having with new firmware.

Larry
This is great - thank you for the tip! At work now but will try this later when I get home. Fingers crossed that it will resolve the issues I’ve been having!
post #407 of 494 Old 07-09-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
i updated my lg oled55b7a today with the latest firmware update (4.71) and now my dolby atmos doesn’t work through the lg apps (netflix,vudu). They worked prior to the update! It’s definitely an issue with the lg tv and their apps not passing atmos over hdmi-arc again to my av receiver. What still works is my xbox one x and my xfinity 4k box which is still passing dolby atmos to my receiver. I’m pissed because the lg apps are the only ones that has both dolby vision and dolby atmos in some of their movies or show through their netflix or vudu apps. My xbox has hdr but not dv in their apps which i have to use until lg releases another update! I can’t wait till apple releases dolby atmos on their next update for the apple tv 4k this year as i will never have to worry about lgs poor programming and qa process on their updates as the apple tv will be the only device with both dolby vision and atmos.
i went to watch netflix last night and just like yours i could not get atmos to play. It does not show up on the netflix screen. I tried altered carbon & lost in space and it shows dv but then it says 5.1 instead of atmos. I tried it thru my k8500 and i get atmos, but no dv of course.
I did not try my xboxs, i will try it tonight. I am running everything thru my denon x2200. I would prefer to stream thru my tv.

post #408 of 494 Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 AM

I will do a tv reboot this evening to see it this will help.

post #409 of 494 Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 PM

Well, I can stream Atmos on my XboxS and my K8500, but for some reason I can not on my B7A. I was able to before the software update and now I cannot.

post #410 of 494 Old 07-10-2018, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phakur View Post

Power on via switch

Larry
Thanks for the tip - I’m having ARC issues as well - could you give me a hint where the rear power switch is - I’ve hunted high and low but can’t seem to find it.

Many thanks
post #411 of 494 Old 07-10-2018, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Leyton View Post
Thanks for the tip - I’m having ARC issues as well - could you give me a hint where the rear power switch is - I’ve hunted high and low but can’t seem to find it.

Many thanks
I have an E7 and it is located on the lower left rear of the set when looking from the front.

It is a rocker switch--I agree I never knew it existed until I searched for it.
post #412 of 494 Old 07-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Leyton View Post

Many thanks
If you can't find the power switch, simply unplug the power cord. It will do exactly the same thing. Actually, it will probably be better. Turning a power switch off, depending on the device, can still have power to certain components. Unplugging the power cord totally turns off ALL power to ALL components.

Michael

post #413 of 494 Old 07-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
If you can't find the power switch, simply unplug the power cord. It will do exactly the same thing. Actually, it will probably be better. Turning a power switch off, depending on the device, can still have power to certain components. Unplugging the power cord totally turns off ALL power to ALL components.
Electronics have capacitors that store a charge even when the device is unplugged. They also have persistent memory chips that retain information in a power loss so that the TV doesn’t reset to factory default every time the power is disconnected. For this reason, while I’m not an LG engineer, I question whether simply unplugging the TV will accomplish the same thing as the reboot sequence that was described earlier. I don’t know this for a fact, but it’s reasonable to believe that the reboot sequence may signal the device to flush out the gunk that simply unplugging won’t do. So last night I tried the reboot but it was just before bed, so I haven’t had a chance to fully evaluate whether the HDMI issues are completely resolved. I’ll report back later once I’ve done that.
post #414 of 494 Old 07-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Electronics have capacitors that store a charge even when the device is unplugged. They also have persistent memory chips that retain information in a power loss so that the TV doesn’t reset to factory default every time the power is disconnected. For this reason, while I’m not an LG engineer, I question whether simply unplugging the TV will accomplish the same thing as the reboot sequence that was described earlier. I don’t know this for a fact, but it’s reasonable to believe that the reboot sequence may signal the device to flush out the gunk that simply unplugging won’t do. So last night I tried the reboot but it was just before bed, so I haven’t had a chance to fully evaluate whether the HDMI issues are completely resolved. I’ll report back later once I’ve done that.
Actually, I am an electronic engineer. Pulling the plug will do the same thing as turning OFF a power switch. As for doing a hard reboot. The non-volatile information you're speaking about so the tv doesn't factory reset every time there's a power outage, that's simply eprom type (erasable/programmable memory). That info is stored even if you removed the memory and put it back in. Same with the bios and other information for the operating system.

The main difference with having a power switch instead of pulling the plug, is because there's other options that the switch can do. E.g. Convenience; Press and hold for one thing; press and release for another; press 3 times quickly for something else; etc. But if you want to do a real power down, then pulling the plug will definitely do it. Same with a PC. Or better yet, a laptop and shutting it down and removing the battery.

Michael

post #415 of 494 Old 07-19-2018, 05:34 AM

I’ve now attempted the reboot sequence AND I’ve attempted pulling the plug AND I’ve power-cycled the equipment rack a few more times - all to no effect. Same HDMI sync issues are disabling my display. It’s literally unusable. From power-up I maybe have 10 minutes of viewing, if I’m lucky, before the image starts blanking in and out and then goes away entirely. This is actually worse than it was under software version 4.70.35. I’ve sent an email to LG support and am hoping they can help. Although that was 24 hours ago but so far no response.
post #416 of 494 Old 07-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
I’ve now attempted the reboot sequence AND I’ve attempted pulling the plug AND I’ve power-cycled the equipment rack a few more times - all to no effect. Same HDMI sync issues are disabling my display. It’s literally unusable. From power-up I maybe have 10 minutes of viewing, if I’m lucky, before the image starts blanking in and out and then goes away entirely. This is actually worse than it was under software version 4.70.35. I’ve sent an email to LG support and am hoping they can help. Although that was 24 hours ago but so far no response.
Do you have a spare HDMI just to try?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #417 of 494 Old 07-19-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonstertruk View Post
Do you have a spare HDMI just to try?

It’s a fiber optic HDMI cable that runs through walls from the equipment rack in the basement to the LG one floor above, so no not really. The cable may very well be a factor, but not because it’s defective or damaged, but rather because the LG (with its current firmware) may just not like whatever the fiber and connectors at either end may be doing to the signal when it is converted into photons and back. To test whether the cable is a factor I will need to take the LG into the basement by the rack and then hook it up with a standard HDMI cable, which I may end up doing. But that won’t change the fact that the display had no issues with this same cable for the past six months. The one thing that has changed is the firmware version.
post #418 of 494 Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
It’s a fiber optic HDMI cable that runs through walls from the equipment rack in the basement to the LG one floor above, so no not really. The cable may very well be a factor, but not because it’s defective or damaged, but rather because the LG (with its current firmware) may just not like whatever the fiber and connectors at either end may be doing to the signal when it is converted into photons and back. To test whether the cable is a factor I will need to take the LG into the basement by the rack and then hook it up with a standard HDMI cable, which I may end up doing. But that won’t change the fact that the display had no issues with this same cable for the past six months. The one thing that has changed is the firmware version.
Oh, that's pretty far..

Forgive me for not remembering, your having video cutting in and out?

If so ,can you bypass the receiver?

post #419 of 494 Old 07-25-2018, 03:06 PM

Yes - video cuts in and out, and then just out. Problem occurs with all sources (xFinity dvr, Oppo 1080p blu-ray, and ATV4K), but the ATV is the worst - especially after the update to TVOS 11.4.1. Bypassing AVR and connecting ATV directly to LG using the fiber HDMI made no difference. I then took the ATV out of my rack and directly connected it to LG using a much shorter 15’ Monoprice high-speed HDMI cable, and the problem was even worse. Although the issue is not present when I try connecting a 3rd generation ATV (1080p) directly to LG. I still need to try other combinations, including directly connecting the Oppo and DVR using the fiber HDMI (it isn’t practical to remove them from the rack to test the shorter cable, and with the cable box it’s not even possible because there is no coax to feed the dvr near the LG).

I also have tried contacting LG tech support via email and that hasn’t gone well at all. The person who responded is clearly technically illiterate and is obviously basing her very unhelpful, basic responses on some troubleshooting guide that she is reading online. Although interestingly she insists that the only changes in this latest firmware update relates to networking (as others on this thread have also reported) and not HDMI. Yet according to this post in the C7-B7 owners’ thread, it seems that 4.71.00 also includes a new version of DolbyVision - and it seems to me that could impact HDMI syncing.

Last edited by jRickW; 07-25-2018 at 03:11 PM.
post #420 of 494 Old 07-25-2018, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2321 Post(s)
Liked: 3190
Quote:
Yes - video cuts in and out, and then just out. Problem occurs with all sources (xFinity dvr, Oppo 1080p blu-ray, and ATV4K), but the ATV is the worst - especially after the update to TVOS 11.4.1. Bypassing AVR and connecting ATV directly to LG using the fiber HDMI made no difference. I then took the ATV out of my rack and directly connected it to LG using a much shorter 15’ Monoprice high-speed HDMI cable, and the problem was even worse. Although the issue is not present when I try connecting a 3rd generation ATV (1080p) directly to LG. I still need to try other combinations, including directly connecting the Oppo and DVR using the fiber HDMI (it isn’t practical to remove them from the rack to test the shorter cable, and with the cable box it’s not even possible because there is no coax to feed the dvr near the LG).

I also have tried contacting LG tech support via email and that hasn’t gone well at all. The person who responded is clearly technically illiterate and is obviously basing her very unhelpful, basic responses on some troubleshooting guide that she is reading online. Although interestingly she insists that the only changes in this latest firmware update relates to networking (as others on this thread have also reported) and not HDMI. Yet according to this post in the C7-B7 owners’ thread, it seems that 4.71.00 also includes a new version of DolbyVision - and it seems to me that could impact HDMI syncing.
You've just entered cable hell based on your post. I would start here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/168-h...hdmi-2-0b.html

and invest in a 6 foot Monoprice "premium certified" cable to use to test your ATV4k and a few other devices with your LG TV. Assuming things work as they should with the shorter cable, LG isn't going to be able to help with a handshake failure due to a long cable run. The thread on this forum linked above should provide you with some alternatives since I'm betting your fiber optic cable is the problem. Good luck.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page