A/V Sync Issues with LG OLED, Denon AVR, Apple TV 4K - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Are you experiencing A/V sync issues?
Yes, as described in this thread 32 74.42%
Yes, but different issue(s) from what is described in this thread 6 13.95%
No 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 88 Old 04-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Member
 
ludayoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone have any more updates or fixes for the sync issues? The only thing I haven't tried so far is Korean firmware for the LG but from what I have read that didn't make much of a difference.
ludayoda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 88 Old 04-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 5
65E6 + Marantz Sr6011 + Apple TV 4K here, and same issue with DV content.

After few different setting changes, I have come to the conclusion that the best possible solution is to set audio as "stereo" on the APTV 4k, that seems to work.

I would say using "Dolby Digital 5.1" kind of works too, it is not as perfect as "stereo" but delay is only a few ms, so if u can live with that u will end up having slightly better audio.

My opinion is that this is a DV issue on HDMI, it does not happen on the LG apps for me.

So i want to believe it will be fixed with that definitive and promised update from LG on 2016-2017 models.
Eva2016 is offline  
post #63 of 88 Old 04-19-2018, 01:52 PM
Member
 
LtroyalShrimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
With my setup (Apple TV 4K -> Denon X3400H -> LG B7) I've settled on a 80ms delay on the X3400H. That makes the audio to video delay imperceptible to me.

At 24fps, thats a 2 frame audio delay.

Apartment Home Theater
Spoiler!
LtroyalShrimp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 88 Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
thatJohann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtroyalShrimp View Post
With my setup (Apple TV 4K -> Denon X3400H -> LG B7) I've settled on a 80ms delay on the X3400H. That makes the audio to video delay imperceptible to me.

At 24fps, thats a 2 frame audio delay.
I have your same set-up, except Denon X1400H. I noticed for the first time audio delay when watching regular content on Netflix. Specifically Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's new season. The audio comes first before the character's mouth opens. Not by a lot mind you, but a little bit. It's super annoying.

I noticed the lip sync issues after one of these three changes, so trying to figure out the guilty culprit:
  • Updated Apple TV 4K to tvOS 11.4
  • Installed new Belkin HDMI cables - the 2.1 ones capable of 48gb/s
  • Changed apple tv 4k audio settings to Best Quality Available

I went to Denon's audio settings, and I have lip sync set to ON. My LG B7A has AV sync off and bypass off as I've never needed it.

I noticed if I play kimmy shcmidt on my LG B7A's built-in webOS apps, the lip sync is perfect.

Should I adjust Denon's audio delay setting? what's a good way of knowing how to adjust that?
thatJohann is offline  
post #65 of 88 Old 06-28-2018, 01:26 AM
Member
 
Velimir Saban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatJohann View Post
I have your same set-up, except Denon X1400H. I noticed for the first time audio delay when watching regular content on Netflix. Specifically Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's new season. The audio comes first before the character's mouth opens. Not by a lot mind you, but a little bit. It's super annoying.

I noticed the lip sync issues after one of these three changes, so trying to figure out the guilty culprit:
  • Updated Apple TV 4K to tvOS 11.4
  • Installed new Belkin HDMI cables - the 2.1 ones capable of 48gb/s
  • Changed apple tv 4k audio settings to Best Quality Available

I went to Denon's audio settings, and I have lip sync set to ON. My LG B7A has AV sync off and bypass off as I've never needed it.

I noticed if I play kimmy shcmidt on my LG B7A's built-in webOS apps, the lip sync is perfect.

Should I adjust Denon's audio delay setting? what's a good way of knowing how to adjust that?
Hello everyone,

Here is my experience ...

I bought Sony STR DN1080 AVR in march, I used it 2 months before sending it to the service because of buzzing sound in the receiver and speakers. I have, LG C8 OLED. My setup was: Apple TV 4k - Sony Receiver - LG C8. The audio was perfect. No A/V Sync issues. Then... my sony went to the service, and Denon x2400h temporarily came to his place. I noticed audio sync issues from Apple TV immediately. (Infuse app and Netflix). I am super sensitive to those kind of problems.

So, it is DENON's fault. I can confirm that. One more thig about denon to know: Sony worked perfectly with my Belkin HDMI 2.1 cables, DENON did not. I had to replace the Belkin cable from AVR to TV for ARC to work. It took me a few days to find out how DENON does not work with that cable, which makes NO sense bcs that cable is certified by Apple and is high quality.

So to recap. DENON has problems. With HDMI cables, with AV sync, probably in its processing. What I plan to do next, is completely throw out Belkin cables from equation. I kept one from the Apple TV do AVR. Maybe that cable creates problems with the audio sync, but I doubt it. It's just how Denon process the audio passtrough. And yeah, I can also confirm that no setting will change it: bypass for video, Lip sync ON/OFF,... does not matter. I don't want to manually delay audio in settings. It just has to work, if Sony can, then DENON has to...

Vel.
DrBrFrJr likes this.

Last edited by Velimir Saban; 06-29-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Velimir Saban is offline  
post #66 of 88 Old 06-30-2018, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbrady3324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I am all of a sudden having lip sync issues using arc with my Sony receiver and apple tv 4k.

LG 65OLEDC7P
Pioneer KRP-500m
Next Level Acoustics HDMONs LCR, CI-IC44A In-Ceilings, CI-HV10 subwoofer
M&K LCR-750s, M-4T Surrounds, V1250thx subwoofer - FOR SALE!
Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary
Sennheiser HD800 & Grado PS1000 headphones
jbrady3324 is offline  
post #67 of 88 Old 06-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 View Post
I am all of a sudden having lip sync issues using arc with my Sony receiver and apple tv 4k.
I posted a similar message in a OLED65C8PUA owner's thread. I just recently got this TV (the AUA model) and it seems that there are definite AV sync issues with different content. I have even taken the receiver out of the picture and turned on internal sound. When I connect the U-Verse box directly to the TV, I can see/hear av-sync issues when outputting "surround sound" audio. Setting to "stereo" sound, seems to resolve the problem.


I disabled all sound processing on the audio and routed the sound to TV's internal speaker (which has been very quiet ever since we have purchased the TV). Also played with AV-SYNC/PassThru with no help.



The issue is that I have had a 2010 Samsung Plasma connected to that equipment for a while and have never experienced AV sync issues. HDMI cables will probably not make a difference, but I am going to try new cables on Monday.


Is this a problem common to all OLED TVs? In other words, is this a technology/industry problem and the only thing to do is to wait until it's resolved?

Even the internal content that's coming from the TV it's self (youtube, netflix, amazon...) seem to have some sync issues (or it could be a placebo).

LG OLED65C8AUA TV, Yamaha HTR 5063 Receiver, Arris VIP 2250 U-Verse Set Top
apara823 is offline  
post #68 of 88 Old 06-30-2018, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 4,675
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2321 Post(s)
Liked: 3190
I am running my ATV4k through my LG and sending audio to my Denon 4300 via ARC - no issues. I keep auto updates off on both, haven’t seen the need to update the Denon since the DV update, could care less about HEOS. Runnning the latest LG firmware. I also split audio and video via my Oppo 203, I’ve done it that way since starting with the 83 and working my way up with each new model. No lip synch issues. I miss the old Pioneer Elites that did nothing but pass the video thru - I don’t know any calibrator who uses the receiver’s video settings - wish they’d just get rid of that crap.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
smurraybhm is offline  
post #69 of 88 Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 AM
Newbie
 
zack46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SOLVED MY LIP SYNC ISSUE. FINALLY!!!

I was waiting for the newest firmware update, hoping that would fix it but as we all know, it did not. I WAS using an optical cable from the tv to my sound bar previously and decided to try a different set up. My set up is simply a cable box, the tv, a Vizio sound bar, and a Fire TV. I now have HDMI out from the cable box directly to the sound bar's HDMI in. Sound bar HDMI (arc) out to tv HDMI (arc) in. I eliminated the optical cable entirely. I now have perfect syncing on all inputs, apps and Fire TV. I read somewhere that the optical cable was the culprit.

Hope this helps some of you.
zack46 is offline  
post #70 of 88 Old 07-02-2018, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,813
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 802
i still have AV sync issues from ATV into Denon into TV
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #71 of 88 Old 07-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Member
 
ludayoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack46 View Post
SOLVED MY LIP SYNC ISSUE. FINALLY!!!

I was waiting for the newest firmware update, hoping that would fix it but as we all know, it did not. I WAS using an optical cable from the tv to my sound bar previously and decided to try a different set up. My set up is simply a cable box, the tv, a Vizio sound bar, and a Fire TV. I now have HDMI out from the cable box directly to the sound bar's HDMI in. Sound bar HDMI (arc) out to tv HDMI (arc) in. I eliminated the optical cable entirely. I now have perfect syncing on all inputs, apps and Fire TV. I read somewhere that the optical cable was the culprit.

Hope this helps some of you.
I think the problems people are mainly having in this thread is when running things through an A/V Receiver into an LG OLED - so in this case you would not even be using optical or ARC.
move4ward likes this.
ludayoda is offline  
post #72 of 88 Old 07-06-2018, 12:45 AM
Member
 
Velimir Saban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Do you guys think It could be Audissey related? I need more time to test it, but yesterday I played with Audissey settings and noticed different video delay results, which makes no sense. Hm. I will reset AVR to factory defaults today, skipp audissey set-up completely and see. Audio sync problem happen exclusively with Apple TV HDR content - AVR - LG C8 HDMI passtrough in my case. SDR content is in perfect sync. From LG WebOS apps, everything works fine too, Netflix HDR or SDR is perfectly synced. Denon just can't reliably passtrough HDR video to TV even if "Bypass" is selected in Output Settings. Here, I also noticed that "Game" mode has a direct impact on A/V sync.
Velimir Saban is offline  
post #73 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 01:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I seem to have resolved my audio sync problem. ATV4k running to Marantz NR1607 into LG OLED B6. ATV settings match frame rate on, match dynamic range on, best audio available. AVR settings - video conversion off. TV settings - AV sync on set to bypass. Using public beta tvos12. Was getting lip sync issues with DV content from ATV only - all other content ok inc DV content from tv apps sending sound to AVR via ARC.

I read somewhere that using the HDMI input closest to the output (in my case input 7) can help in Marantz/Denon due to some kind of internal clock issue that I totally don’t understand.

However since doing this and with these settings, the DV content in iTunes and Netflix outputs with no noticeable delay.

Might help someone here. Helped me! I’ll try to find the link to where I read it.
hdguru7 likes this.

LG OLED55B6, Marantz NR1607 with 5.1.2, ATV 4K, Virgo TiVo, PS4 Pro, Sony UBPX700
evilnim is offline  
post #74 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnim View Post
I seem to have resolved my audio sync problem. ATV4k running to Marantz NR1607 into LG OLED B6. ATV settings match frame rate on, match dynamic range on, best audio available. AVR settings - video conversion off. TV settings - AV sync on set to bypass. Using public beta tvos12. Was getting lip sync issues with DV content from ATV only - all other content ok inc DV content from tv apps sending sound to AVR via ARC.

I read somewhere that using the HDMI input closest to the output (in my case input 7) can help in Marantz/Denon due to some kind of internal clock issue that I totally don’t understand.

However since doing this and with these settings, the DV content in iTunes and Netflix outputs with no noticeable delay.

Might help someone here. Helped me! I’ll try to find the link to where I read it.
Thanks for your suggestion. To clarify, are you referring to the inputs/outputs on the LG TV or the AVR? And can you give an example of some content that you know had issues before on the ATV4K but seems to be fixed now?
kakgungor is offline  
post #75 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,813
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnim View Post
I seem to have resolved my audio sync problem. ATV4k running to Marantz NR1607 into LG OLED B6. ATV settings match frame rate on, match dynamic range on, best audio available. AVR settings - video conversion off. TV settings - AV sync on set to bypass. Using public beta tvos12. Was getting lip sync issues with DV content from ATV only - all other content ok inc DV content from tv apps sending sound to AVR via ARC.

I read somewhere that using the HDMI input closest to the output (in my case input 7) can help in Marantz/Denon due to some kind of internal clock issue that I totally don’t understand.

However since doing this and with these settings, the DV content in iTunes and Netflix outputs with no noticeable delay.

Might help someone here. Helped me! I’ll try to find the link to where I read it.
if you're not running audio through TV, why does the TV set to bypass accomplish?
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #76 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakgungor View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. To clarify, are you referring to the inputs/outputs on the LG TV or the AVR? And can you give an example of some content that you know had issues before on the ATV4K but seems to be fixed now?
No worries. I’m by no means an expert and I don’t understand a lot of this stuff. I’m referring to the AVR - using the HDMI input on the AVR closest to the HDMI output to the TV. Look, it might just be complete rubbish and it’s just luck of the draw that things have smoothed out for me - I don’t know.

I had noticed significant and noticeable delay in BladeRunner (original) on iTunes, Wonder Woman (iTunes), Harry Potter 1 (iTunes) and Altered Carbon episode 2 (gym boxing scene) on Netflix. No longer noticeable on any of them.

LG OLED55B6, Marantz NR1607 with 5.1.2, ATV 4K, Virgo TiVo, PS4 Pro, Sony UBPX700
evilnim is offline  
post #77 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
if you're not running audio through TV, why does the TV set to bypass accomplish?
I literally have no idea, sorry. It’s not a deliberate choice - these are merely the settings as they are currently. I’ve been in and out of the menu trying to solve the problem for a while so I guess that’s what I left it at last.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful or technical about stuff!

LG OLED55B6, Marantz NR1607 with 5.1.2, ATV 4K, Virgo TiVo, PS4 Pro, Sony UBPX700
evilnim is offline  
post #78 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
TrendSetterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnim View Post
I seem to have resolved my audio sync problem. ATV4k running to Marantz NR1607 into LG OLED B6. ATV settings match frame rate on, match dynamic range on, best audio available. AVR settings - video conversion off. TV settings - AV sync on set to bypass. Using public beta tvos12. Was getting lip sync issues with DV content from ATV only - all other content ok inc DV content from tv apps sending sound to AVR via ARC.



I read somewhere that using the HDMI input closest to the output (in my case input 7) can help in Marantz/Denon due to some kind of internal clock issue that I totally don’t understand.



However since doing this and with these settings, the DV content in iTunes and Netflix outputs with no noticeable delay.



Might help someone here. Helped me! I’ll try to find the link to where I read it.


It’s in both the Marantz and Denon online help to keep your most needy inputs closest to the output.

Theater: Sony 75x940E | Yamaha 3060 | DirecTv HR54 | ATV4K | MP 4K HDBaseT Extender | SVS PC2000 sub | 5.1 surround
Networking: ASUS RT-AC68U (wireless disabled) | Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD Mesh Wireless with wired back-hauls
Automation & Lighting: Control4 & Lutron Homeworks Interactive
TrendSetterX is offline  
post #79 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Found the link:

https://marantz-uk.custhelp.com/app/...tv-connections

Hope it works for you guys. Would be interested to know if it does or doesn’t.

LG OLED55B6, Marantz NR1607 with 5.1.2, ATV 4K, Virgo TiVo, PS4 Pro, Sony UBPX700
evilnim is offline  
post #80 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetterX View Post
It’s in both the Marantz and Denon online help to keep your most needy inputs closest to the output.
Beat me to it. Thanks.

LG OLED55B6, Marantz NR1607 with 5.1.2, ATV 4K, Virgo TiVo, PS4 Pro, Sony UBPX700
evilnim is offline  
post #81 of 88 Old 07-16-2018, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
zinfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetterX View Post
It’s in both the Marantz and Denon online help to keep your most needy inputs closest to the output.
WELL, if you're gonna read the directions..............
zinfella is offline  
post #82 of 88 Old 07-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Member
 
ludayoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnim View Post
Found the link:

https://marantz-uk.custhelp.com/app/...tv-connections

Hope it works for you guys. Would be interested to know if it does or doesn’t.
Tried it - moved Apple TV 4K to the very last "CD" input on a Denon x3400. Unfortunately made no difference in my case
ludayoda is offline  
post #83 of 88 Old 08-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same issues with my setup below. The delay was so bad with DV content that even with the audio delay maxed out at 200ms on my receiver, it was still there. Feels like I'd need 300ms to get it right.

Switched it up so the ATV goes to the TV first then ARC back to receiver for audio and its much more manageable. Most sources need no adjustment, and I just need ~30ms for DV content.

LG B7 65", Denon AVR-S540BT, Philips BDP-7502, Apple TV 4k
opengl128 is offline  
post #84 of 88 Old 08-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Member
 
will7046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by opengl128 View Post
Same issues with my setup below. The delay was so bad with DV content that even with the audio delay maxed out at 200ms on my receiver, it was still there. Feels like I'd need 300ms to get it right.

Switched it up so the ATV goes to the TV first then ARC back to receiver for audio and its much more manageable. Most sources need no adjustment, and I just need ~30ms for DV content.
300ms is what I needed on my Onkyo receiver as well for Dolby Vision to be in sync with my LG C6. 125ms worked fine for HDR10 and SDR 24p sources. 60hz stuff was fine with no delay.
will7046 is offline  
post #85 of 88 Old 09-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi,


If I connect Apple TV 4K to LG C8 with HDMI cable and TV to soundbar over HDMI ARC is there any chance for synch issue? or I should connect TV to soundbar via digital optical cable instead?Thanks in advance
maska321 is offline  
post #86 of 88 Old 09-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maska321 View Post
Hi,


If I connect Apple TV 4K to LG C8 with HDMI cable and TV to soundbar over HDMI ARC is there any chance for synch issue? or I should connect TV to soundbar via digital optical cable instead?Thanks in advance
I very much still have sync issues when connecting my ATV to my B7 directly and going ARC back to my Denon. Its better than going to the Denon first, but still there. At least with the TV first, you can use the TV's audio settings to adjust delay in both directions, I find I often need to send the audio early rather than delaying it in order for stuff to sync.

LG B7 65", Denon AVR-S540BT, Philips BDP-7502, Apple TV 4k
opengl128 is offline  
post #87 of 88 Old 09-22-2018, 05:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hmmm...
That is what I am afraid of. I hope that C8 has improved firmware and connecting TV straight to soundbar (bypassing any AV receiver) will work properly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by opengl128 View Post
I very much still have sync issues when connecting my ATV to my B7 directly and going ARC back to my Denon. Its better than going to the Denon first, but still there. At least with the TV first, you can use the TV's audio settings to adjust delay in both directions, I find I often need to send the audio early rather than delaying it in order for stuff to sync.
maska321 is offline  
post #88 of 88 Old 02-20-2019, 03:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Did anybody find a solution for this?

At this point, I tried all suggestions mentioned, and the only one it worked was APTV 4K to LG 65E6, and then ARC to Marantz SR6011, perfect sync.

Obviously I've lost Atmos.

I also have a Denon X1400, and while Itunes seems perfectly sync (this didn´t happen on the Marantz), Netflix is bad as it gets on DV content.

I read that the Sony STR-DN1080 AVR has no issue at all, so it looks like it has something to do with Denon/Marantz somehow sending the audio way before thatn the picture.

Too bad for me this Sony doesn´t do gapless.

Last edited by Eva2016; 02-21-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Eva2016 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off