2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 144 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80733Likes

post #4291 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Apple TV is notorious for this. In your Denon turn every HDMI CEC setting off except for ARC and it will fix the issue. I was thrilled to find out Denon added this ability when I got my x4400h setup 2 weeks ago.
Interesting, I don't have this problem with my Apple TV 1080p, Marantz SR5010, and LG 65" C8, but like you, I have all HDMI-CEC settings except ARC on the Marantz shut off.

BTW, I find it strange that if you turn off SimpLink on the LG, then ARC doesn't work. Why bother allowing the user to turn off SimpLink while keeping ARC on then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6284&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImcPMtOST3QIVkb fsCh2vtAPpEAQYASABEgI5KPD_BwE

.75 bracket plus the width of tv bottom. No sticking out.

I got the same one. Haven't mounted on wall yet, maybe this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamn333 View Post
How easy is it to get to the cables?

Inputs on the side should be easy, one on the back not so much. You can lift bottom away from wall about 4" I'm thinking to have access. Best to try and prewire everything in advance.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #4293 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
Yep; I've got the little pamphlet, but pulled the top off before I found that, so I kind of screwed up those instructions. I googled for a video, and found a video from ABT that has them laying the panel face down to install the stand, which is why I asked...

I guess I'll put it back together, and tilt it over...

I did my 77 with only the 2 large side styrofoam pieces near top to support screen. Layed it over very gently, installed stand and we lifted it back up by styrofoam and bottom of panel.
mrtickleuk likes this.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4294 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post
You don't need the top piece of foam on. At least not for the 65". Just follow the pamphlet.

There is no way I'd ever try to do this by myself with the 77" BTW. It's way too big and awkward.

All good! My wife helped me, and I followed the pamphlet, leaving the front styrofoam on because it’s 77”, and we got the stand on no problem.

Now working on settings...using some of what I’ve seen recently in this thread, and just kind of experimenting.

Explain to me the ISF Expert modes, again? Are they worth it?

Thanks for any other thoughts!

Walt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk likes this.

________

LG OLED 77C8PUA...stunning!
LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4295 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
All good! My wife helped me, and I followed the pamphlet, leaving the front styrofoam on because it’s 77”, and we got the stand on no problem.

Now working on settings...using some of what I’ve seen recently in this thread, and just kind of experimenting.

Explain to me the ISF Expert modes, again? Are they worth it?

Thanks for any other thoughts!

Walt

Out of the box, the most accurate modes are going to be Technicolor Expert, ISF-Bright Room, ISF-Dark Room. You don't really need to do much to these modes to get a pretty accurate picture.

You'll want to turn off Energy Saving mode, and Eyecare - most other "visual enhancers" should be off by default but you can turn them off if you need (things like Dynamic Contrast).

The only things you may want to turn on is MPEG Noise Reduction to Low (this will help reduce noise in compressed video streams such as broadcast TV) and when you're watching anything in HDR10 you may want to turn on Dynamic Tone Mapping.

Oh and make sure you take off the plastic on both the front *and* the back of the TV. There are 3 pieces on the back (one huge one, and 2 little strips) - the back doesn't have a pull tab or anything so you may not even notice it at first, but it is usually there. You want to take that off because as the TV warms up you'll smell a burning plastic smell otherwise and LG warns that the TV could overheat and be damaged.

Enjoy the TV!
tbass2k and Harbinger27 like this.
post #4296 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just received my C8 65 inch Oled. I’m having this weird issue when the screen is off, it almost looks like there is sparkles behind the glass. It’s not visible when the tv is on. However it’s not everywhere thru the entire panel. Anyone else have this issue?
The lower right and left side of screen the panel appears clean without any issue.
post #4297 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Interesting, I don't have this problem with my Apple TV 1080p, Marantz SR5010, and LG 65" C8, but like you, I have all HDMI-CEC settings except ARC on the Marantz shut off.

BTW, I find it strange that if you turn off SimpLink on the LG, then ARC doesn't work. Why bother allowing the user to turn off SimpLink while keeping ARC on then?
Simplilink is LGs own name for HDMI-CEC which includes ARC So it has to be on in order for ARC to work.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #4298 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Simplilink is LGs own name for HDMI-CEC which includes ARC So it has to be on in order for ARC to work.
That's what I mean. On the LG, it allows you to turn off HDMI-CEC but turn on ARC. But if you do that it SimpLy doesn't work, so allowing this combination in the settings is pointless. If they want to make ARC dependent upon the SimpLink HDMI-CEC setting, then when SimpLink is turned off, ARC should be turned off by default and the setting greyed out.

It took me roughly 30-45 minutes to figure this out, esp. since on other equipment, if you turn off HDMI-CEC but turn on ARC, ARC will still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carter91 View Post
I just received my C8 65 inch Oled. I’m having this weird issue when the screen is off, it almost looks like there is sparkles behind the glass. It’s not visible when the tv is on. However it’s not everywhere thru the entire panel. Anyone else have this issue?
The lower right and left side of screen the panel appears clean without any issue.
Can you take a picture, or a video?

Did you take off the protective film?
post #4299 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 06:50 PM

Yes protective film is off, if you shine a light at your panel and look at an off angle you can see it. I only noticed it because it looked like someone left a hand print on the TV so I double taked and noticed it. Wondering if it’s a panel defect.

I tried taking a picture of it I can’t capture it.
post #4300 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQiCE View Post
Out of the box, the most accurate modes are going to be Technicolor Expert, ISF-Bright Room, ISF-Dark Room. You don't really need to do much to these modes to get a pretty accurate picture.

You'll want to turn off Energy Saving mode, and Eyecare - most other "visual enhancers" should be off by default but you can turn them off if you need (things like Dynamic Contrast).

The only things you may want to turn on is MPEG Noise Reduction to Low (this will help reduce noise in compressed video streams such as broadcast TV) and when you're watching anything in HDR10 you may want to turn on Dynamic Tone Mapping.

Oh and make sure you take off the plastic on both the front *and* the back of the TV. There are 3 pieces on the back (one huge one, and 2 little strips) - the back doesn't have a pull tab or anything so you may not even notice it at first, but it is usually there. You want to take that off because as the TV warms up you'll smell a burning plastic smell otherwise and LG warns that the TV could overheat and be damaged.

Enjoy the TV!

This is great; thank you!

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4301 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carter91 View Post
Yes protective film is off, if you shine a light at your panel and look at an off angle you can see it. I only noticed it because it looked like someone left a hand print on the TV so I double taked and noticed it. Wondering if it’s a panel defect.

I tried taking a picture of it I can’t capture it.

The rear films (3 pieces) were, indeed, hard to spot. I would not have noticed them but for this thread. I had to use the light from my phone to find the edges. But all gone now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk likes this.

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4302 of 21631 Old 08-30-2018, 08:18 PM

No I’m not taking about the rear protective film, I’m talking about what appears to be almost like sparkles behind the panel. Like between the glass and the pixels.
post #4303 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 34
New firmware on the Korean site. 03.01.10
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #4304 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Coane View Post
New firmware on the Korean site. 03.01.10
What’s included?
post #4305 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Guys i have an issue , i have the LG C8 and N950 and wonder if you can help.

I like many others suffer for the LG C8 Lip sync issues :

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-...ssues.2178084/

Its been identified that basically if the LG has to process a DD signal from any external source it process the images first and sound 2nd.

This is proving abit of an nightmare but the work around is to plug my SKy and Xbox etc into the soundbar to allow that to process the audio signal and not the LG.

However here is my issue:

I have a USB hard drive wit ha number of MKVs with DD signal, when playing via USB on the LG i have the issue, but im struggling to think of a workaround as the N950 doesnt have a USB port you can play through.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
post #4306 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Here are the translated release notes:

3. Changes
ⓐ Reflecting picture quality improvement (03.00.30)

Ⓑ Bug fix (03.00.31)

Ⓒ Optical Audio Output Low Issue Improvement (03.00.75)

Ⓓ Improvement of sibilance sound when setting Dolby ATMOS and Smart Sound (03.00.90)
ⓔ Improvement of problem that voice recognition function does not function after power ON and loading only occurs (03.00.90)

Ⓕ Magic remote -through use / stop iteration problem that operation improvement (03.00.95)

Ⓖ HDMI audio lip sync issue improvement (03.01.10)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 6.06.32 AM.png
Views:	62
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	2449046  
mrtickleuk likes this.

Last edited by Jspecht05; 08-31-2018 at 06:18 AM.
post #4307 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecht05 View Post
Here is the translated release notes:

3. Changes

Ⓑ Bug fix (03.00.31)

Ⓓ Improvement of sibilance sound when setting Dolby ATMOS and Smart Sound (03.00.90)
ⓔ Improvement of problem that voice recognition function does not function after power ON and loading only occurs (03.00.90)

Ⓕ Magic remote -through use / stop iteration problem that operation improvement (03.00.95)

I wonder if Ⓖ does anything for the Netflix Atmos over ARC lip sync issue (audio delay).
post #4308 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 06:58 AM

2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Hi all,

Loving my new 77C8! The PQ out-of-the-box, using Technicolor Expert, with the slight adjustments noted above, is stunning. I plan to also try using the two ISF modes, also. I haven’t really “studied” any scenes or content yet, as I’ve spend the first half-day just getting it set up and minimally configured. Any recommendations on content or scenes that provide a good “test”?

A few quick observations off the top of my head:
- What a beautiful-looking panel...
- There has been so much talk on here about the brightness of this panel vs. the top LCD’s that I was somewhat worried about it, as my C8 is in a bright(ish) family room, with a wall of windows to one side. OMG...simply not an issue. This thing is PLENTY bright, and I haven’t cranked anything up. I really can’t imagine a “brighter” LCD, as it seems to me that that would be too much.
- Just amazing how the colors pop with the contrast due to the black levels.
- Onboard sound is pretty decent, though I don’t plan on using it, once I get it mounted.
- I love love love the Web OS and the “Magic Remote”. Very intuitive and simple to use, IMO. Also, that on-screen pointer is ingenious...I am hooked on it already.

A few questions:
- What is the difference in the Gamma settings between BT.1886, 2.2 and 2.4?
- I am about to Google it, but how do you get the Gallery mode set up? I’m not finding that in the menu.
- A question regarding the optical audio: I want to run the set’s native apps for some content, and send the audio to my Denon AVR for my surround-sound. I do NOT want to send this via ARC, as I have heard it’s twitchy, so are they any tips or recommendations on the best way to set this up?
- Speaking of optical audio, the Toslink cable wouldn’t “click” in to the Optical In input on the back. Seems kind of “loose”. Wondering if that’s an issue with the Toslink cable?
- Also, slight issue on one input (rear-facing HDMI 4): Using a “certified” HDMI cable, I was getting repeated, slight bursts of “static”, which I interpreted as an HDMI handshaking issue. I moved it to side-facing HDMI 2, and it went away. Thoughts?

That’s about it for now...I’m finding it hard to concentrate on anything else...I just want to play with this thing! Thanks again!

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W

Last edited by waltinaz; 08-31-2018 at 07:33 AM.
post #4309 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
- A question regarding the optical audio: I want to run the set’s native apps for some content, and send the audio to my Denon AVR for my surround-sound. I do NOT want to send this via ARC, as I have heard it’s twitchy, so are they any tips or recommendations on the best way to set this up?
Congrats on the new 77". I am jealous. 77" is perfect for me, but I wasn't prepared to shell out the big bucks for it, so I got the 65" and moved the TV closer to the seats.

I run ARC on my Marantz SR5010 (2015 model). Works fine IF I shut off Atmos on the C8.

With Atmos on, when using Netflix I get audio delay. Also, I've noticed occasional glitches when switching inputs. However, with Atmos off, I haven't noticed those glitches anymore, and there is no Netflix audio delay. To turn on ARC you need both SimpLink (HDMI-CEC) and ARC on in the LG settings. However, if you don't want to actually use HDMI-CEC, just turn it off in your receiver. That's how I have my C8 65" set up.

The reason I use ARC even with Atmos off is because the LG will send Dolby Digital Plus over ARC. For optical it sends only Dolby Digital, and the sound is hollower sounding to my ears, and I'm not even a golden ears type.

The strange part is it is impossible to shut off Atmos while in ARC mode. The option in the settings is greyed out. To shut it off, you need to set the TV to output to the integrated speakers, then shut off Atmos. Then you set the TV back to using ARC, and that Atmos off setting is reflected there. Probably an interface bug IMO, but that's the way it is.
Quote:
- Speaking of optical audio, the Toslink cable wouldn’t “click” in to the Optical In input on the back. Seems kind of “loose”. Wondering if that’s an issue with the Toslink cable?
Some cables have looser connectors than others.

Quote:
Also, slight issue on one input (rear-facing HDMI 4): Using a “certified” HDMI cable, I was getting repeated, slight bursts of “static”, which I interpreted as an HDMI handshaking issue. I moved it to side-facing HDMI 2, and it went away. Thoughts?
Sounds like it could be a cable issue. Try another cable. Even if a cable usually works fine in one port with one piece of equipment, it may not work fine in another port or with another piece of equipment, if it is a borderline cable.

BTW, for ARC, you'd need to use HDMI 2 anyway
post #4310 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecht05 View Post
Here are the translated release notes:

3. Changes

Ⓑ Bug fix (03.00.31)

You got a link mate?

I hope and prey "G" fixes the issue we are all having
post #4311 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All these lip-sync issues have been going on since LG C7 and it's quite surprising that it still exists on the new C8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4312 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Hi all,

Loving my new 77C8! The PQ out-of-the-box, using Technicolor Expert, with the slight adjustments noted above, is stunning. I plan to also try using the two ISF modes, also. I haven’t really “studied” any scenes or content yet, as I’ve spend the first half-day just getting it set up and minimally configured. Any recommendations on content or scenes that provide a good “test”?

A few quick observations off the top of my head:
- What a beautiful-looking panel...
- There has been so much talk on here about the brightness of this panel vs. the top LCD’s that I was somewhat worried about it, as my C8 is in a bright(ish) family room, with a wall of windows to one side. OMG...simply not an issue. This thing is PLENTY bright, and I haven’t cranked anything up. I really can’t imagine a “brighter” LCD, as it seems to me that that would be too much.
- Just amazing how the colors pop with the contrast due to the black levels.
- Onboard sound is pretty decent, though I don’t plan on using it, once I get it mounted.
- I love love love the Web OS and the “Magic Remote”. Very intuitive and simple to use, IMO. Also, that on-screen pointer is ingenious...I am hooked on it already.

A few questions:
- What is the difference in the Gamma settings between BT.1886, 2.2 and 2.4?
- I am about to Google it, but how do you get the Gallery mode set up? I’m not finding that in the menu.
- Also, slight issue on one input (rear-facing HDMI 4): Using a “certified” HDMI cable, I was getting repeated, slight bursts of “static”, which I interpreted as an HDMI handshaking issue. I moved it to side-facing HDMI 2, and it went away. Thoughts?

That’s about it for now...I’m finding it hard to concentrate on anything else...I just want to play with this thing! Thanks again!

I personally am using ARC to get the sound from my C8 to my Anthem MRX-510. Haven't had any problems yet. Works very well for me. Glitch free. One less cable (optical) is nice.

I also was wondering if the C8 was going be bright enough for my living room with windows after what I read on the web and rtings warnings, and like you it is plenty bright for me! (when power save is turned off)
post #4313 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emylia777 View Post
All these lip-sync issues have been going on since LG C7 and it's quite surprising that it still exists on the new C8.
Is there a list somewhere of all the different lip sync issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboileau View Post
I personally am using ARC to get the sound from my C8 to my Anthem MRX-510. Haven't had any problems yet. Works very well for me. Glitch free. One less cable (optical) is nice.

I also was wondering if the C8 was going be bright enough for my living room with windows after what I read on the web and rtings warnings, and like you it is plenty bright for me! (when power save is turned off)
Do you use Netflix Atmos? That is the main problem for me for ARC. However, as mentioned above, once I shut off Atmos, ARC is totally fine.
post #4314 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Do you use Netflix Atmos? That is the main problem for me for ARC. However, as mentioned above, once I shut off Atmos, ARC is totally fine.
No I don't use Atmos for now. That explains.
post #4315 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6667 Post(s)
Liked: 6654
Quote:
My 77C8 arrived!! Let the games begin!!

One quick question: I'll be putting on the stand temporarily, until I get it mounted. Yay or nay to laying the panel flat on a large bed (while still wrapped in the packing material) in order to install the base?
Lean it up against the wall......

Quote:
Originally Posted by G08 View Post

The cool thing, I guess, is that LG has a policy and if the panel isn't in stock within 15 days they will exchange the TV.
Hopefully it works out the way you want it to, that is a good policy......
post #4316 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 08:56 AM
TWD
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
The same thing happened to my replacement C8; I noticed blacks were heavily crushed and my screen uniformity was terrible so I ran a pixel refresher. An hour later I checked and the refresher didn't do anything. I saw your post, unplugged it, plugged it back in, and boom my uniformity is good (a few bands) and blacks are good to go.

Thanks for this. Will the pixel refresher cycle still run after 4 hours with this mode off?
You are welcome. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who saw this.

TWD
post #4317 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboileau View Post
No I don't use Atmos for now. That explains.
Yes. And it's not just one less cable (optical). Sound quality over ARC (even without Atmos) is better than sound quality over optical.

I don't know what the corresponding bitrates are, but I am assuming at least part of the difference in sound is due to the higher bitrates provided with Dolby Digital Plus over ARC, as compared to Dolby Digital over optical. Somebody did post that the maximum bitrate Netflix was providing for plain Dolby Digital was only 192 Kbps, but somebody else posted that the maximum bitrate Netflix was providing for Dolby Digital Plus was up to 448 Kbps. (I wonder why both are not supported to 448 Kbps, since it's certainly possible over optical.)

This may not be true with all Netflix titles, but judging by my own ears, it is the case with Lost in Space (2018) on Netflix.
jboileau likes this.
post #4318 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr812k View Post
You got a link mate?

I hope and prey "G" fixes the issue we are all having
It's at https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...lSearchPage.do

You have to use translate unless you know Korean.
I dl'd it. Just wondering if it's safe to use it on US TV?

I up'd it to my g-drive if anyone needs/wants it with less hassle. link (868mb zip)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	2449282  

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom

Last edited by mrpickem; 08-31-2018 at 10:24 AM.
post #4319 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4858 Post(s)
Liked: 7150
Quote:
That's what I mean. On the LG, it allows you to turn off HDMI-CEC but turn on ARC. But if you do that it SimpLy doesn't work, so allowing this combination in the settings is pointless.
That doesn't happen for me.
  1. Start with Simplink OFF, and "single sound out" set to "TV speaker".
  2. Then, change "single sound out" to ARC.
  3. Immediately, you get a notification "Simplink is now on" in the top-right corner of the screen. It's back on.

Therefore it doesn't allow that combination in settings - at least on my firmware.

Quote:
If they want to make ARC dependent upon the SimpLink HDMI-CEC setting, then when SimpLink is turned off, ARC should be turned off by default and the setting greyed out.

It took me roughly 30-45 minutes to figure this out, esp. since on other equipment, if you turn off HDMI-CEC but turn on ARC, ARC will still work.
It seems to vary with different equipment. On my Denon 4200 AVR, the TV refuses to recognise it and use arc unless HDMI-CEC is also turned "on" on the Denon (even though Denon allows the combination of HDMI-CEC=off, ARC=on). But someone else posted earlier that with the Denon 4400, this combo works. Perhaps LG are being cautious.

@waltinaz , welcome, and I remember the excitement of the first day! Enjoy!

I love this TV but one annoyance is that I got fed up of fumbling around in the dark not being able to find the hole, when I wanted to plug something in. I'm talking of course about the HDMI and USB sockets on the side (what did you think I meant? )

It's worse because the labelling that is there, which is not really in the right place, gets covered up by the cables so you can't see which socket is which.

Here's my paper solution to the problem. Being white it's now possible to see what I am doing more easily!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Paper-template.png
Views:	76
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	2449290   Click image for larger version

Name:	template-fitted.png
Views:	72
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	2449292   Click image for larger version

Name:	template-fitted-flaps-open.png
Views:	67
Size:	587.9 KB
ID:	2449294   Click image for larger version

Name:	template-fitted-plugs-in.png
Views:	73
Size:	670.0 KB
ID:	2449296  
Glenee, sikclown and Harbinger27 like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #4320 of 21631 Old 08-31-2018, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Hi all,

If this is a new Toslink cable, double check there isn't a clear plastic cover protecting the end of the fiber. They are easy to miss and you don't want to get it stuck inside the port of your TV.

JVC RS-440 | SI Slate 1.2 120" Zero Edge 16x9 screen | Fusion Lagoon Seating
Denon x4300H | Revel 5.1.4 F206/C205/W893/C763 | Dayton
Sealed 18-HO | Behringer EP4000
Tivo Bolt | Oppo 203 | Apple TV 4K | PS4 Pro | Nvidia Shield TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page