2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 154 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78807Likes

post #4591 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkarp View Post
So annoyed that LG WebOS doesn't have HBOGo or HBONow.
I felt the same way when I first bought my tv. But, I soon released that streaming devices (specifically Apple TV) are better.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post
I would assume installing unsupported firmware voids the warranty.

I guess thats a possibility, but in my limited experience with warranty repairs I have never seen a tech check firmware. Of course I've never dealt with LG for TV's but I hag a LG G3 cell that boot looped and it was a nightmare dealing with their support. I do have square trade warranty from costco fwiw

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #4593 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
LG OLED C8, problem with brighter, right side

Using: IFS Dark Room, Light 35-50, everything turned off that can give worse picture quality. For most of the pictures I turned up the brightness to about 55 to show the problem on the right side.

I haved used the TV for about 35 hours, run manual pixel refresher one time.

My B7 had a fault with the panel, so my store replaced with a C8. After watching some movies and series, I noticed that it looks like the TV has some light bleed on the right side corner, especially in the lowest right corner. This is OLED, not LCD, so I didn’t see this coming at all.

I saw this when I watched The Walking Dead Season 8 (episode 8), that is a brutal episode to test your TV I found out later. When watching this episode, I can see that the right side of the screen light up, while the left side is dark and black. I have checked other movies and series, and the problem can especially be seen in dark scenes that isn’t 100% black. This was not a problem with my former B7, as I have checked movies and series I watched on the B7.

The gray uniformity at 5% looks like crap compared with my last B7, and the B7 didn’t have this issue with something that looks like light bleed. I can see some vertical banding at 20% also. There are lots of bands. And there are also square boxes, that I also saw on my B7, but they went away after some usage.

What I discovered if I use a black test screen on Youtube and adjust the brightness from 50 to 52.54, the right side from the edge and inwards, turns brighter before the left side, so I see the problem directly when I adjust the brightness. I never saw this with the B7.

This isn’t perfect black, B7 had perfect black in my eyes, so is there someone who knows what’s going on with my C8 and others who have noticed this? I see that there are some others also who have the same problem, I have tried the manual pixel refresher, didn’t see any improvments.

Can it be something with the voltage, since the 8-series have higher nits, that LG has pushed the 8-series to hard, I think i read that somewhere, but that is out of my league.

I have also noticed much more compressed noise with the C8, and especially on the right side that is brighter, it looks like crap and I didn’t notice this so much with my former B7. My C8 is horrible with lower bitrates, I have never seen so much noise in darker lit scenes, it looks like it doesn't know what to do with darker lit shadows, it reminds me of a Samsung plasma i had for two days that couldn't handle shadows without trying to create something that wasn't there. I already miss my defect B7, and I think is going to be my last OLED for a couple of years if this is a new problem with the 8-series. Because my C8 looks like a cheap LCD-TV from hell!

I know that I haven’t used this TV so long, but I have a bad feeling and I have about three weeks to exchange it. What I’m afraid of is that others also have had this problem, so I was wondering if any of you can see if you also have this problem, because if, I’m out and I’m going to buy a Sony 9-series with lots of blooming
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 b1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	2452050   Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 b2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	2452052   Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 b3.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	2452054   Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 5p.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	458.0 KB
ID:	2452056  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4594 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
The Korean firmware does NOT work on EU models. But reportedly works on US models. The changelog is clearly there on the website page where you download it.

There's a bug discussed sometime since the weekend, surprised you missed it, or my mind is playing tricks on me and it wasn't on this forum.

You can't change an option which you need to change (the Atmos output option), because it's greyed out when it shouldn't be.

This might not be your issue, but for anyone else with the problem please check this:
  • All settings -> Sound -> Sound out
  • Change to "Single sound out / Internal TV speaker"
  • Go back, and only now you can turn Dolby Atmos ON (the top option).
  • If it's already on, toggle it off then on
  • Now change Sound Out to Single Sound Out / HDMI ARC with Digital Sound Out "Auto"

I definitely get the Dolby Double on this TV with Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime from the built-in Prime App.

Result should be:

I went to check mine, and I also get this with Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime, so all good...I believe! Thanks for a great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk likes this.

________

LG OLED 77C8PUA...stunning!
LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4595 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
A question regarding this setting - Dolby Vision Cinema (User):
I notice that the White Balance is set to “20 Points IRE” (with an IRE of 100, and no R/G/B adjustments), as opposed to “2 Points” (which is what Dolby Vision Cinema Home is set to). I have all of my other picture modes (Technicolor Expert, ISF Bright and ISF Dark) set to “2 Points”, with R/G/B adjustments, per my earlier settings.

So which is better/preferable/more accurate - 20 Points IRE or 2 Points? And what is the difference between the two?

At a very quick glance at the beginning of Jack Ryan, the skin tones seem slightly skewed towards red, vs. my other settings.

Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bumping this post for input on this question...thanks!

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4596 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Another simple observation.

Last night, I took on the solemn task of re-watching my HDR Blu-ray of Wonder Woman. (What a Gal!) Since the disk is not Dolby Vision, I wanted to try HDR 'Dynamic Tone Mapping'.

For my taste, I like the 'Dynamic Tone Mapping' setting. I switched back a forth often enough to cement my opinion.

Since my Blu-ray player can play Dolby Vision discs in plain old HDR, I will need to compare 'Dynamic Tone Mapping' with real Dolby Vision in the future.

Since someone asked. My picture quality has been very good. But the modes I use (ISF Dark, HDR Cinema and Dolby Vision Cinema) will benefit from calibration. My uniformity has been really good from day one. I have not noticed macro-blocking on any of my programming. Maybe the sources I used are all unusually well encoded, or my obsessive tracking of brightness settings as panel sensitivity changed with time saved me from macro-blocking. A third likelihood is old tired eyes.

My setup does Dolby Vision & Atmos with Jack Ryan on Prime Video. It may be that some receivers can not engage Atmos over HDMI ARC.

My brightness settings have been stable over the last two days. I should hit 200 hours sometime on Sunday.

LeRoy

LG OLED65C8PUA, Onkyo TX-RZ920, Sony UBP-X700, Apple TV 4K, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, AT&T Gigabit Internet & U-verse
post #4597 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
thanks for those ideas. To be clear, you turned OFF pixel shifting to stop the white line from appearing? I'm pinning my hopes on a simple fix to avoid calling LG and dealing with their nutty complaints that cell-phone photos of image issues don't "display any problems with your set" nonsense. I'm appalled at their attitude when one calls LG with an image issue.

There is no way to change aspect ratio when using the internal apps. It's set exclusively to "Original"
No, I turned off pixel shift to eliminate the thin white line on left of screen. Figured that's what pixel shift does is move pixels and thought it moved everything to the right before starting to move the pixels back to the left. I don't know if that's how it works at all but it worked. I turned off Just Scan when I noticed a thin white line at bottom screen. Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about the internal apps.
dave1812dave likes this.

EQUIPMENT:LG OLED77C8PUA (ISF calibrated by Jeff Meier)-OPPO BDP-203 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Marantz 7703 Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-Outlaw Model 5000 amplifier-2 Mythos 4-1 Mythos 8-2 Mythos BPX-2 NHT Super Zeros-4 SVS Prime Elevation speakers-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Elite-Xbox One S-Roku Ultra streaming player
post #4598 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoyK View Post
Last night, I took on the solemn task of re-watching my HDR Blu-ray of Wonder Woman. (What a Gal!) Since the disk is not Dolby Vision, I wanted to try HDR 'Dynamic Tone Mapping'.

For my taste, I like the 'Dynamic Tone Mapping' setting. I switched back a forth often enough to cement my opinion.

Since my Blu-ray player can play Dolby Vision discs in plain old HDR, I will need to compare 'Dynamic Tone Mapping' with real Dolby Vision in the future.
In some content Dynamic Tone Mapping does work to my liking, but I didn't think I needed or wanted it for Wonder Woman on my C8.

However, I liked having noise reduction active for Wonder Woman since for some scenes there is fine digital noise present. This digital noise is better handled on the C8 than the B7.

I'm not sure what the big differences between two two noise reductions settings are, so for this title, I put them both on low.
post #4599 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question LG OLED77C8P width of "thicker" area

I am trying to fit a 77" OLED C8 into an existing cutout in the wall. The cutout measures 59.75" x 39.75". The TV's overall dimensions are 67.8"w x 39"h x 2"d. The 2" of depth does not extend from side to side and I would like to know what width the 2" depth spans. I couldn't find it anywhere online, LG is getting back to me, and no store near me that I could find has one in stock to go measure. I have included a picture showing the dimension I need.

If the dimensions work for me, the 2" deep part of the TV will fit into the existing cutout and the thin part of the TV will sit flat against the wall. It will be a poor guys W8! I see the 65" C8 is 57"w and it make sense that the 77" and 65" C8's share the same "thick" lower part that houses all the electronics and ports.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LG OLED77C8PUA dimensions?.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	2452150  
post #4600 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6392 Post(s)
Liked: 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir7 View Post
Just finished watching Blade Runner 2049 and Thor Ragnarok on 4k Bluray and they looked absolutely stunning! Didnt notice any issues with dark scenes in blade runner as some people had.

The C8 is just an absolute joy to own.
Nice and cheap too......

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrider View Post
I am trying to fit a 77" OLED C8 into an existing cutout in the wall. The cutout measures 59.75" x 39.75". The TV's overall dimensions are 67.8"w x 39"h x 2"d. The 2" of depth does not extend from side to side and I would like to know what width the 2" depth spans. I couldn't find it anywhere online, LG is getting back to me, and no store near me that I could find has one in stock to go measure. I have included a picture showing the dimension I need.

If the dimensions work for me, the 2" deep part of the TV will fit into the existing cutout and the thin part of the TV will sit flat against the wall. It will be a poor guys W8! I see the 65" C8 is 57"w and it make sense that the 77" and 65" C8's share the same "thick" lower part that houses all the electronics and ports.

Thank you.
I do not know the exact dimension but it is way less then your cut out, it will fit. You will need to the vent that whole or you will fry you 77C8PUA fast.....LG gets wind of it, they will block the warranty.
lsorensen likes this.
post #4601 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 09:01 AM

Gallery mode on this thing is fricking incredible...it literally looks like a fine piece of art or a beautiful framed picture.

BTW, this is a Mantle Mount MM540 that I just had installed. I'll post pics later, of it down...it is perfect! Right now, we're waiting for new carpet to be installed.

OK, one last pic of the A/V spaghetti that is usually hidden! Our surround sound system is in the ceiling (5.1).

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4602 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir7 View Post
The C8 is just an absolute joy to own.
This is how I feel, 150%! I just love sitting down to watch pretty much anything, and the good content is simply stunning.

I’ve got no issues with mine - no apparent PQ issues, or noises. I couldn’t be happier with it!

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4603 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Gallery mode on this thing is fricking incredible...it literally looks like a fine piece of art or a beautiful framed picture.
Yes it does.

It frightens me though, since it's in very bright mode, so I worry about burn-in.

Stupid question for anyone that can answer: Where best to get similar pictures, and can I load them onto the C8 for viewing without having to have a USB drive plugged in?

I can't find any reference to this in the manual.

Quote:
BTW, this is a Mantle Mount MM540 that I just had installed. I'll post pics later, of it down...it is perfect! Right now, we're waiting for new carpet to be installed.
I was all ready to make some snarky remark about mounting above a fireplace but then I remembered you were the guy with the Mantle Mount.
waltinaz likes this.
post #4604 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Yes it does.

It frightens me though, since it's in very bright mode, so I worry about burn-in.

Stupid question for anyone that can answer: Where best to get similar pictures, and can I load them onto the C8 for viewing without having to have a USB drive plugged in?

I was all ready to make some snarky remark about mounting above a fireplace but then I remembered you were the guy with the Mantle Mount.

I’m not worried about burn-in, because it continuously cycles through all of the content, plus, you can turn on the Energy Saver (or whatever it’s called) and have the brightness adjust to the ambient light, which makes sense for this application, and is the only time I’d use the Energy Saver feature (never on actual viewing).

Not sure where to go, though you can use your own pics and content in the Gallery. I haven’t explored doing so yet.

And LOL re the Mantle Mount! Most of our viewing will be in the down position, which puts us right...THERE!

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4605 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 831
Quote:
Yes it does.

Unsure where to get similar pictures although I am sure they are readily available on the internet. As far as loading them on the C8 without a USB drive I believe you would have to have a media server on your network with the pictures on it. Or there is a Cloud App in the LG App store that allows you to browse your Google Drive.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple 4K, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One X
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
LG OLED 55C8PUA, Denon x4400h, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #4606 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 7
This my 55inch C8 after 100 hours, in your opinions should i send it back?
Dark room, gamma 1886, light at 21
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180902_202932_1536343403773.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	1,019.7 KB
ID:	2452200  
post #4607 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 113
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto84 View Post

As it’s your first post you could at least have started with a hello.

But, just so I am adding something useful, your picture doesn’t work, at least in the Tapatalk app

post #4608 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyBloke View Post
Quote:

But, just so I am adding something useful, your picture doesn’t work, at least in the Tapatalk app

Thank you for your lesson in good manners.

Hi Guys, i add more pics of my tv
Let me know if its acceptable

Thank you😉

Name:	20180906_002514_1536344357947.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	2452202
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180904_204128_1536344391312.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2452204   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_204052_1536344417792.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2452206   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_204011_1536344459152.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	2452208  
StumpyBloke likes this.
post #4609 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyBloke View Post

Quote:
Thank you for your lesson in good manners.

Hi Guys, i add more pics of my tv
Let me know if its acceptable

Thank you😉
Attachment 2452202
Same here, are the pics shown in a pc or Mac? I need to crawl to start the pc and im in bed dead tired.
post #4610 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Considering purchasing a 65" C8. I'm coming from a Panasonic VT60 plasma. My primary concern is screen reflection. Living room has a giant window on the opposite wall of where the TV will be mounted. Room gives me no other mounting choices . Other than nighttime, the room where this TV will be is ultimately a bright room.

So to my question, how is screen reflection of ambient room light on the LG C8? Am I better off with the Samsung Q9FN or the Sony A8F considering a pre-dominantly bright room?

Any help would be appreciated. My wife is already going to murder me but if I get this right (she's noticed the reflection on the VT) I might survive and leave with just a light verbal scathing. Worth it.
post #4611 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by znutz View Post
Considering purchasing a 65" C8. I'm coming from a Panasonic VT60 plasma. My primary concern is screen reflection. Living room has a giant window on the opposite wall of where the TV will be mounted. Room gives me no other mounting choices . Other than nighttime, the room where this TV will be is ultimately a bright room.

So to my question, how is screen reflection of ambient room light on the LG C8? Am I better off with the Samsung Q9FN or the Sony A8F considering a pre-dominantly bright room?

Any help would be appreciated. My wife is already going to murder me but if I get this right (she's noticed the reflection on the VT) I might survive and leave with just a light verbal scathing. Worth it.

You will notice the reflections from your window. My kitchen is behind my seating position, and I can definitely see the kitchen lights when they are on. How that compares to the Q9FN or Sony is not something I can comment on, thought I would think that the Sony will be pretty similar to the LG.

Or look at it this way: If you are OK with the reflections on the VT60, the C8 won’t be any worse than that.

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4612 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
You will notice the reflections from your window. My kitchen is behind my seating position, and I can definitely see the kitchen lights when they are on. How that compares to the Q9FN or Sony is not something I can comment on, thought I would think that the Sony will be pretty similar to the LG.

Or look at it this way: If you are OK with the reflections on the VT60, the C8 won’t be any worse than that.
Thanks for the input! I would like to improve on screen reflection as it is quite noticeable on the VT60 and if I'm honest, it is distracting. I have read elsewhere and you have reiterated here that screen reflection is noticeable on the C8 as well. I may have to post in the Q9FN and Sony threads to find out how reflection is handled on those respective sets.

Thanks again for the honest input. I envy those that have rooms where reflection is not a primary concern.
post #4613 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 PM

2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by znutz View Post
Thanks for the input! I would like to improve on screen reflection as it is quite noticeable on the VT60 and if I'm honest, it is distracting. I have read elsewhere and you have reiterated here that screen reflection is noticeable on the C8 as well. I may have to post in the Q9FN and Sony threads to find out how reflection is handled on those respective sets.

Thanks again for the honest input. I envy those that have rooms where reflection is not a primary concern.

Check out this pic of a very dark scene during the day, with my blinds at about halfway drawn.

You can see the small, upper kitchen windows with their blinds drawn, as well as the reflection from the side window, and the rest of the room. I will say that the viewing is not quite as bad as it looks, but it is noticeable.

Also, that is a Vizio 80” LED behind my 77C8, and you can see how the reflections are on that. Definitely less, but the two are not comparable PQ-wise. I’ll deal with minor (for me) reflections on the C8 all day vs. an LED for the stunning PQ.

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W

Last edited by waltinaz; 09-07-2018 at 12:31 PM.
post #4614 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The C8 is quite a bit brighter than most plasmas, so in most bright environments, it actually does just fine, at least for bright scenes. However, a high end VA LCD panel will be much brighter.

For dark scenes the OLED will suffer from obvious reflections, but then again, so will an LCD.
waltinaz likes this.
post #4615 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked: 6694
Quote:
Ok, how the hell do I get rid of this "No Signal" message in Gallery mode?

I mean, DUH, there's no signal, which is why Gallery mode kicked in. If I choose an input that has a signal, then I don't get Gallery mode!

What am I missing here...?
As already pointed out, you weren't in Gallery Mode!

That was "No Signal mode with images". You can turn this ON or OFF:
General -> "No Signal Image".

If you turn it off, you don't get the pictures behind the "no signal" image, if you are someone concerned about wearing out the pixels etc
waltinaz likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #4616 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG C8 Dark columns

Hello Guys!

I just purchased a C8 got it shipped here yesterday! yesterday after about 3 hours I noticed 5 vertical dark columns in dark and gray content I now have around 30 hours on the tv and the issue is still there. I contact the retailer and they said to ship it back and they will refund me. Just curious if you guys think I should wait a little longer or have it swapped out! I have also already done 1 manual pixel refresher
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180907_103956.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	949.0 KB
ID:	2452268  
post #4617 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Vielleux View Post
Hello Guys!

I just purchased a C8 got it shipped here yesterday! yesterday after about 3 hours I noticed 5 vertical dark columns in dark and gray content I now have around 30 hours on the tv and the issue is still there. I contact the retailer and they said to ship it back and they will refund me. Just curious if you guys think I should wait a little longer or have it swapped out! I have also already done 1 manual pixel refresher
That's banding. It seems like yours is particularly bad for banding.
post #4618 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
As already pointed out, you weren't in Gallery Mode!

That was "No Signal mode with images". You can turn this ON or OFF:

General -> "No Signal Image".

If you turn it off, you don't get the pictures behind the "no signal" image, if you are someone concerned about wearing out the pixels etc

Yep...figured it out!

mrtickleuk likes this.

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #4619 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
That's banding. It seems like yours is particularly bad for banding.
Should I consider returning it see if I get a better panel?
post #4620 of 19206 Old 09-07-2018, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Why does Soccer Picture mode look so different? I feel like the interpolation on soccer mode seems double than normal?anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page