2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78100Likes

post #4651 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacake View Post
I received my E8 two days ago and noticed these two rounded, half rectangular shapes on the lower left side of the screen on the first night. Is this some sort of burn in or just defective? The panel only has ~12 hours and I’ve been babying it to make sure there I’m not watching stuff with static images.

I ran the pixel refresh last night but it didn’t do anything for this.

Any suggestions?

Random thought at a glance: Those look like "impressions" from the styrofoam piece that is packed around the panel. Seem to have the same design and spacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting thought. Though I just checked then packaging and it looks like there are no such patterns on the styrofoam. It’s all a single flat piece at the bottom (at least the part that touches the screen).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4652 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post
Thanks it did not fix the buzz but it’s much better then it was at least. When does yours make the sound and how often?

Oh right so it still buzzes but not as loud?

Mine constantly buzzes on mid to dark screens and the darker (before black) it goes the louder the buzz. The beginning of Dr Strange during the very dark scenes is very bad for it.

post #4653 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I have a couple silly questions. Thinking hard about picking up a 77C8. I'm not crazy about the curved stand at the bottom, but wall mounting isn't an option. Are there other options for it? I have a center speaker that I'll be using so don't need the waveguide feature of the curved stand.

Also I understand there's no price-talk, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much more I can expect the price to drop vs if I should just buy now (deal on massdrop). Is there somewhere more appropriate to talk about that?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4654 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJax View Post
Hi guys, I have a couple silly questions. Thinking hard about picking up a 77C8. I'm not crazy about the curved stand at the bottom, but wall mounting isn't an option. Are there other options for it? I have a center speaker that I'll be using so don't need the waveguide feature of the curved stand.

Also I understand there's no price-talk, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much more I can expect the price to drop vs if I should just buy now (deal on massdrop). Is there somewhere more appropriate to talk about that?

Thanks for any help.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/322-o...series-28.html
ClevelandJax likes this.
post #4655 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyBloke View Post
Oh right so it still buzzes but not as loud?

Mine constantly buzzes on mid to dark screens and the darker (before black) it goes the louder the buzz. The beginning of Dr Strange during the very dark scenes is very bad for it.

I tried mine with dr S and I can hear it as well with sound turned down.
post #4656 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I am horrible at math so does anyone know what the dimensions would be to crop photos so they would fill the entire screen like the included photos do when viewing the Gallery app? I am trying to create a folder of movie posters to add to the Gallery under My Photos but when they display they are too large. (surprisingly the C8 uses the Ken Burns effect. Not sure if this is because the photos were too big since I can't find any controls while using the app). Also can you only zoom in or out of the photos by using the LG Mobile app? I can't find any controls when just inserting a USB drive and using the magic remote. I know this is a weird one, but I'm sure someone has figured this out. I searched and found some info but not everything. Thanks.

EQUIPMENT:LG OLED77C8PUA (ISF calibrated by Jeff Meier)-OPPO BDP-203 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Marantz 7703 Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-Outlaw Model 5000 amplifier-2 Mythos 4-1 Mythos 8-2 Mythos BPX-2 NHT Super Zeros-4 SVS Prime Elevation speakers-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Elite-Xbox One S-Roku Ultra streaming player
post #4657 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
Yes; I have the exact same observation with this on my 77C8, which I attribute to the panel's OOTB HDR/DV settings. In fact, I've been using Jack Ryan to assess this.

I've spent a bunch of time dialing in my SDR settings (Technicolor Expert, and the two ISF modes), and have been trying to do the same with HDR/DV. In fact, I've posted earlier in this thread about it.

Until I get a professional calibration, I am inclined to modify some settings to be similar to what is working for SDR. Specifically, adjust the White Balance in the two Dolby Vision modes (Home and User) to what I have in SDR.

Thoughts?

Just finished watching 'Jack Ryan' with default Dolby Home Cinema and did not notice oversaturation. May go back and re-evaluate, but coming from an LCD set, I thought the same on everything in the beginning.

Before the OLED, we have an excellent LCD 'FALD' HDR set which we still watch 50% of the time.

Some content looks great on both sets, while other content, especially 'HDR', looks significantly better on the C8.

My brain seems to be accepting the higher saturation of the C8 as time goes on, with the LCD set beginning to look more 'washed out'. Which I never thought before purchasing the C8. How much is too much may be a personal preference.
waltinaz likes this.
post #4658 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just recieved my C8 55" and was wondering if there is a protective peelable film on the back of the set like in the front. I dont see it on my TV but i remember awhile back that a poster mentioning a plastic burning smell behind his TV...
post #4659 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Quoted: 4354 Post(s)
Liked: 6597
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistractedforLife View Post
I just recieved my C8 55" and was wondering if there is a protective peelable film on the back of the set like in the front. I dont see it on my TV but i remember awhile back that a poster mentioning a plastic burning smell behind his TV...
Yes, covered earlier in the thread. Well actually, there isn't "a" film. There are 3 films.

DistractedforLife likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #4660 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I also have the black screen buzz on my 77. I decided to just live with it. Its something that will rarely effect real content.
post #4661 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistractedforLife View Post
Yes, covered earlier in the thread. Well actually, there isn't "a" film. There are 3 films.

thank you very much...
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #4662 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Hello all, moving to this forum from Sony 75X940D my Sony died after 1.5 years and by that I mean really died, it’s panel died and no one is replacing it.
So I got my 77” C8 and immediately heard the buzz sound on Grey screen, I’m really sensitive to that kind of sounds so it’s really bugging me
You can here it on YouTube Grey menu or just search Grey screen video in YouTube and you can test your screen.
I would like to here more people with 77” if there are TV’s with zero buzz.

Other then that I like the screen ,the web OS is so much better and faster then Android on Sony so it’s just a pleasure to use, I don’t really see need in my Apple TV 4K now.
I have Zerto banding on it so it’s good and that’s the reason I’m afraid to replace it because of the buzz.

I noticed though slight burn in here and there after playing some PS4 games but all gone after pixel formation that I ran.

Still calibrating it , yesterday I watched new 2018 Avengers and noticed that in dark since it’s too dark for me so I tweeted some settings , but then bright scenes were too bright, need to check if it’s this particular movie or it’s an issue.
One more thing , my TV connected to Marantz SR7010 and when I turn it on, PS4 powers up as well, how I can disable it?

post #4663 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2852 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
^congrats and welcome! Seems as though that buzzing affects the 77, you can try and see what LG can do or get a replacement, but if your uniformity is good then exchanging would be a tough call. As far as "burn in" what your noticing after playing is image retention...which is different and usually goes away after viewing full screen content or when the pixel refresher runs.
post #4664 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
One more thing, I’m quoting my exact issue that Im facing with that I found on web:

I have the LG Oled C7 model, but even with settings like eco to off and dynamic contrast to off my TV still is behaving very strange when viewing material (I have it hooked up to my computer with the game picture mode).

If I view a page that has very much white the screen brigthness dims down and the white becomes more grey, and if I view something with a lot of black, like a black picture the screen brightness increase and the white become more white.

How can I turn off this dynamic brightness changing? It is extremely distracting.

And the answer was:
This is called ABL, you need a service remote or a phone with an IR blaster and an app to disable it. Be warned that the reason it's on is to prevent image retention/burn in. I personally wouldn't disable it.

I see It’s really no such thing as perfect TV , on Sony LCD the blacks were almost like on LG but I didn’t had all those little surprises like buzz and auto dim that can’t be turn off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #4665 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I've discovered some interesting facts about using your own photos (again, probably could have avoided an hour with LG cs if they had a complete manual online somewhere for all us owners). So I figured out that all I had to do was crop every image 16x9 to make sure it fit the whole screen on my 77C8. Worked like a charm. Plugged in flash drive with 25 images, all jpegs, all exact same size. Downloaded them but turns out only 16 were actually available (when looking at the images in Photos & Video it looked like the labeling (I labeled tehm movie 01-25) was slightly different (there was a _. before the label on those 9 images) but not on the other 16. Checked them on my computer and all 25 were labeled the same way. Go figure so not sure if you should just not label them or what. Anyway, I went to My Photo in the Gallery app, selected the 16 available in the folder, added them and clicked on the first image to see if it would work like Art Gallery and the others etc. but as I stated in a previous post, using My Photo to create your own personal screensaver gallery works totally different than all the other galleries in the app. All the other galleries will bring up a single, full-screen image, then slowly fade to black, then the next full-screen image will come up and so on and so on. That is the default for those galleries. It can't be changed. But if you use My Photos, there is a totally different default baked into the app which will zoom in, then out etc. (the Ken Burns effect) instead of just showing a full-screen image, then fading to black to the next full-screen image. According to the LG rep I talked with, THIS CANNOT BE CHANGED! Of course I'm pretty sure that most C8 owners have no idea it does this. I certainly didn't. So it turns out that if you want to create a screensaver folder with your images and avoid all the zooming in and out, you have to go to Photos & Video, download your images (hopefully all your images will download. You can add a maximum of 50 pictures, by they way) and use the slideshow function. Once you call your images up, if you click on the center button (forgot the name) a banner will come up just above your list of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen with the controls. If you hit the center button again, on the left, three boxes will come up to let you choose size of image, transition and speed. Not sure if anyone has even tried doing this yet. I've been following the thread closely and haven't seen any mention of people trying to do this so I hope this info helps. I just wish LG had a complete manual online somewhere (if anyone has found it please post it, though the rep seemed to indicate there isn't one) so we could figure this all out on our own. It does look cool once you get it set up but boy what a hassle.
EDIT: Well apparently there is a size limit for images. If they are beyond what's on the chart I'm posting, they will not load.

EQUIPMENT:LG OLED77C8PUA (ISF calibrated by Jeff Meier)-OPPO BDP-203 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Marantz 7703 Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-Outlaw Model 5000 amplifier-2 Mythos 4-1 Mythos 8-2 Mythos BPX-2 NHT Super Zeros-4 SVS Prime Elevation speakers-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Elite-Xbox One S-Roku Ultra streaming player

Last edited by Jbhur212; 04-02-2019 at 10:32 AM.
post #4666 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigmater View Post
One more thing, I’m quoting my exact issue that Im facing with that I found on web:

I have the LG Oled C7 model, but even with settings like eco to off and dynamic contrast to off my TV still is behaving very strange when viewing material (I have it hooked up to my computer with the game picture mode).

If I view a page that has very much white the screen brigthness dims down and the white becomes more grey, and if I view something with a lot of black, like a black picture the screen brightness increase and the white become more white.

How can I turn off this dynamic brightness changing? It is extremely distracting.

And the answer was:
This is called ABL, you need a service remote or a phone with an IR blaster and an app to disable it. Be warned that the reason it's on is to prevent image retention/burn in. I personally wouldn't disable it.

I see It’s really no such thing as perfect TV , on Sony LCD the blacks were almost like on LG but I didn’t had all those little surprises like buzz and auto dim that can’t be turn off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am in the exact same position! If somebody here has any input on this, it would be appreciated greatly. I bought a service remote, turned off dimming and tpc{Which, I believe is the ABSL setting}. When you disable the dimming, it maxes out the oled brightness and the menu controls for that setting has no effect. I want to get this calibrated, actually have a date to get it done On the 11th. Is this something a Isf certified calibrator can fix? I spend about 12 hours a day or so on my screen for work, and play.
skibum5000 likes this.
post #4667 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 344
I'm curious. Where is the ABL kicking in for you? I still haven't seen ABL happen yet in weeks of use, but I don't watch hockey or stuff like that.

I would have guessed that some snow scenes would have caused it, but at least for the shows I watched, the snow scenes didn't do it either. I guess they weren't quite bright enough.
post #4668 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
I tried mine with dr S and I can hear it as well with sound turned down.

Even with the new power supply? That’s a shame if so. Perhaps I shouldn’t expect too much of an improvement when I get LG to install a new one for me

post #4669 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kleppe View Post
gray uniformity at 5% looks like crap compared with my last B7, and the B7 didn’t have this issue with something that looks like light bleed. I can see some vertical banding at 20% also. There are lots of bands. And there are also square boxes, that I also saw on my B7, but they went away after some usage.

What I discovered if I use a black test screen on Youtube and adjust the brightness from 50 to 52.54, the right side from the edge and inwards, turns brighter before the left side, so I see the problem directly when I adjust the brightness. I never saw this with the B7.

This isn’t perfect black, B7 had perfect black in my eyes, so is there someone who knows what’s going on with my C8 and others who have noticed this? I see that there are some others also who have the same problem, I have tried the manual pixel refresher, didn’t see any improvments.

Can it be something with the voltage, since the 8-series have higher nits, that LG has pushed the 8-series to hard, I think i read that somewhere, but that is out of my league.

I have also noticed much more compressed noise with the C8, and especially on the right side that is brighter, it looks like crap and I didn’t notice this so much with my former B7. My C8 is horrible with lower bitrates, I have never seen so much noise in darker lit scenes, it looks like it doesn't know what to do with darker lit shadows, it reminds me of a Samsung plasma i had for two days that couldn't handle shadows without trying to create something that wasn't there. I already miss my defect B7, and I think is going to be my last OLED for a couple of years if this is a new problem with the 8-series. Because my C8 looks like a cheap LCD-TV from hell!

I know that I haven’t used this TV so long, but I have a bad feeling and I have about three weeks to exchange it. What I’m afraid of is that others also have had this problem, so I was wondering if any of you can see if you also have this problem, because if, I’m out and I’m going to buy a Sony 9-series with lots of blooming
I would recommend you get a replacement or refund. I had the gray non-black blacks (rest of screen is inky black - one section greyish black), but mine was only in the bottom corner. Also had vertical banding, flickering dark greys and blocking/noise on near-dark content. Also the pink & blue tinging to whites (that can be seen in the 'painting frame' when no signal screen is shown (as seen few posts above posted by Waltinaz)).

Unfortunately I can also inform that with over 300 hours on my panel they did not improve. There was a very slight lifting of black crush over 200 hours, but the poor gamma implementation by LG makes this a moot point. the OLED are fine brighness while, but the affect gamma has on detail in dark scenes is just crushed. These problems along with terrible film/video motion and I decided to return the TV and get refund - not going to play the lottery with panels that are clearly not acceptable coming from the factory - but LG sells them anyway.
post #4670 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
UPDATE on mounting the E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacake View Post
Hi everyone! I just officially joined the OLED club and have an E8 arriving later today. A couple of quick questions:

1) I'm going to be wall mounting this on my existing wall mount that I've been using for my Kuro 50". Since the mount holes on the E8 are at the bottom of the TV, does anyone know if it's okay to mount the TV using only the bottom portion of the mount bracket? I know this TV weighs WAY less than the Plasma, but thought I'd check with anyone who's done that.

2) Which types of screws are needed for the mount? I read somewhere that it's M6, but how long do the screws need to be. Can't find that info anywhere and don't want to get any that are too long.

thanks
Just wanted to give an update on my previous post about mounting the E8 using an old mount just in case others in the future are facing the same issue: I was able to mount the TV successfully to the bottom part of the vertical brackets. Luckily for me, the topmost screw hole on the bottom part of the vertical bracket was exactly 200mm above the lowest hole on the bottom part of the bracket.

the photos show what it looked like once mounted (I tilt the TV downward to reduce the reflection from windows right behind the couch).

Also, one thing else that I found no information online on was the screw length. I had to buy M6 25mm screws (since that's all Lowes had at the time) and used 3 washers on each screw. I think a 20mm would have been the perfect size.

Hope this helps someone down the road.

Thanks to @rdgrimes @waltinaz and @boydsan for your responses and earlier assistance. much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	2452998   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	2453000  
tbass2k and mrtickleuk like this.
post #4671 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Im so relieved and happy i finally got the C8 55" . I spotted no issues with the screen so far. Did very little tweaking like turning of the energy saver (other wise remains dark). Plus its behaving with the 4k player (LG ubk 90). Cable looks fine to me especially the HD channels. Audio sounds good also. Im gratefull...
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #4672 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyBloke View Post
Even with the new power supply? That’s a shame if so. Perhaps I shouldn’t expect too much of an improvement when I get LG to install a new one for me

Yup it’s not as bad. I’ve gone through 4 77 and only one was silent.
StumpyBloke likes this.
post #4673 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post
I'm curious. Where is the ABL kicking in for you? I still haven't seen ABL happen yet in weeks of use, but I don't watch hockey or stuff like that.

I would have guessed that some snow scenes would have caused it, but at least for the shows I watched, the snow scenes didn't do it either. I guess they weren't quite bright enough.

90 Percent of the time when I am in windows. White screens, it it very noticable. Even on screens that aren't completely white, it happens sometimes. When watching tv shows or gaming, I can notice it when the scene switches very fast from a dark scene to a lighted scene. Not as much as in windows though. I will be reading an article sometimes, even on this forum and slowly scroll and the brightness shifts!
post #4674 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfcramp View Post
90 Percent of the time when I am in windows. White screens, it it very noticable. Even on screens that aren't completely white, it happens sometimes. When watching tv shows or gaming, I can notice it when the scene switches very fast from a dark scene to a lighted scene. Not as much as in windows though. I will be reading an article sometimes, even on this forum and slowly scroll and the brightness shifts!
Ok that makes sense. I don’t use mine as a PC, and in fact, I personally wouldn’t recommend an OLED for this purpose.
post #4675 of 18310 Old 09-08-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post
Ok that makes sense. I don’t use mine as a PC, and in fact, I personally wouldn’t recommend an OLED for this purpose.
I see your point. Trust me when I say that I am ocd about image quality. I probably tried anywhere from 30-50 different screens from 22 inches to this 55 in the last 2 years to get one that has it all for me. The image quality on this OLED is too good imo that I will deal with the issues that is has or will have that I would normally be done and gone with any other screen within a week at most! I like the big screen, getting a little older and can do multiple things from one source.

I am just hoping the calibration can solve this issue or minimize it without sacrificing other things.
post #4676 of 18310 Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 767
You can't disable ABL (only ASBL). But it has less of an effect the lower the oled-light is. At like 32 oled-light, 100 contrast I don't notice it anymore when pulling up a maximized file explorer or browser window and it's still plenty bright. As far as I know the ABL on other manufacturers oleds is even more aggessive.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.
post #4677 of 18310 Old 09-09-2018, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6315 Post(s)
Liked: 6317
Quote:
It’s really depending what’s on screen if it will make any sound. It will make sound when it’s a very dark scene or when going from a pure black screen to another scene. It is possible to get one that makes no sound though I had one.
Yep, you have to have the right screen on there and most TV's will give a slight buzz. Many people can hear this and some will not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJax View Post
There are all kinds of universal stands out there.......Do a quick google search.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #4678 of 18310 Old 09-09-2018, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillG027 View Post
I would recommend you get a replacement or refund. I had the gray non-black blacks (rest of screen is inky black - one section greyish black), but mine was only in the bottom corner. Also had vertical banding, flickering dark greys and blocking/noise on near-dark content. Also the pink & blue tinging to whites (that can be seen in the 'painting frame' when no signal screen is shown (as seen few posts above posted by Waltinaz)).

Unfortunately I can also inform that with over 300 hours on my panel they did not improve. There was a very slight lifting of black crush over 200 hours, but the poor gamma implementation by LG makes this a moot point. the OLED are fine brighness while, but the affect gamma has on detail in dark scenes is just crushed. These problems along with terrible film/video motion and I decided to return the TV and get refund - not going to play the lottery with panels that are clearly not acceptable coming from the factory - but LG sells them anyway.

Yeah, this sucks, I'm with you. Going to try to exchange it one time, and if it goes to hell with the new LG, I think I'm trying a Philips. Tired of this ****. Picture quality of OLED is fantastic when you get a good panel, but it shouldn't be this way, the so called panel lottery. Seems like LG is trying to push the limit to see when buyers tells them that enough is enough with this **** of a panel lottery.
post #4679 of 18310 Old 09-09-2018, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 32
[QUOTE=Stigmater;56776328]
One more thing , my TV connected to Marantz SR7010 and when I turn it on, PS4 powers up as well, how I can disable it?

Check to see if you have simplink on the TV enabled and turn it off. You may also have to disable CEC on the receiver. These functions turn on all HDMI connected devices and allow you to control all your devices with one remote.
Stigmater likes this.

LG-OLED 65C8PUA
Marantz-SR5012
Sony-UBP X-800, Roku Ultra 4K
L-C-R = Def Tech Mythos 9's + Surrounds = Mythos Gem XL"s
Subwoofer = HSU ULS-15 MK2
post #4680 of 18310 Old 09-09-2018, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 425
[quote=PG55;56779702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigmater View Post

Check to see if you have simplink on the TV enabled and turn it off. You may also have to disable CEC on the receiver. These functions turn on all HDMI connected devices and allow you to control all your devices with one remote.

Actually with a Marantz you want to leave Simplink turned on for ARC on the LG, on the Marantz turn off CEC but turn ON ARC (which is a subset of CEC that the Marantz can selectively enable when CEC is off. )

Then you need need a good universal remote like a harmony to control everything if you were relying upon CEC.
Stigmater and PG55 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page