2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81265Likes

post #6211 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6835 Post(s)
Liked: 6833
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Too true. I am already used to my 77" model after a few days now. The size may not seem as awesomely overwhelming as the first couple of days, but man is that picture still a feast for the eyes.
If only they made them better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirceaForce View Post
so c8 is much better the c7 ?
It is better, but if you had a C7 and wanted to update to a C8, I would think hard about that.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holm Stadermann View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#2ff550b263fb

John Archer has written an article. I hope, LG reeds it.
Quote:
It is btw also on John Archers twitter account. Just in case someone wo is maybe affected by the problem likes to join the discussion

https://twitter.com/BigJohnnyArcher
I just emailed LG customer service explaining my issue and also sent them a link to John Archers article. I encourage everyone with an issue to do the same.
post #6213 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Man I wish I had your eyes lol.
Could my issues with not being happy with upscaling 1080i and the picture in general just be that spectrum does not do a good job on the c8/e8’s?

For reference look at these logos. This is pretty much the kind of picture I am getting with my new e8. My ks8000 did a hell of a better job then this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
I can’t speak to 540p, but can to 720p and 1080i - leaving out 1080p because the B/C7 did a great job with that. Comparing the same scenes between the the 7 and 8 the 8 is noticeably better. Improved on banding, clarity and microblocking, plus it’s got a little more punch then last year. Network sports look good as does other content via DTV and streaming. It does a better job then my Samsung KS8000 as well. As for 540p, I wouldn’t expect miracles. I’d say the same for the Sony’s as well. Any display can only do so much.

LG made some solid improvements this year and I’ve spent 90% of my time watching the C8 vs my B7, despite its smaller size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6214 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
20/20 and 59 is right around the corner, must be the carrots, but I don't get within a few feet of my C8 to watch content.

FYI, I've had two of the best plasmas ever made calibrated by DNice, plus a nice education from him on picture quality during the time I was lucky enough to spend with him as he worked on my displays. So I think I know a little about what to look for in regards to what a good picture. With 2 OLEDs, Samsung and Sony LCDs I've got a some good choices to compare to my C8, so you can question my eyesight all you want, but I stand by my comments.

Given Spectrum doesn't have data caps like other internet providers, maybe you should consider going with streaming, they do offer there pick 10 plan, plus you've got DTV and others to choose from as well. There is a reason I stick with DTV (satellite) vs. Spectrum in my area - no TV is going to make a crappy compressed cable feed look good. How about a few pictures of the same content from your KS? Maybe your LG is trying to tell you to stay away from shows like the Rookies

At no time did I say the C8 was perfect, crap in crap out. My content, my utilization it blows the KS out of the water. I miss clouding, blooming, lack of DV, poor viewing angles, mediocre contrast and gray blacks like a case of poison ivy - that's a little harsh as the KS isn't bad for a edge-lit LCD. Sources, settings and panels do matter, sorry you're not enjoying your display as much as I am. Hopefully you are within your return window.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #6215 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I’ve heard the new update is to do with the lip sync issue.
post #6216 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post
Could my issues with not being happy with upscaling 1080i and the picture in general just be that spectrum does not do a good job on the c8/e8’s?

For reference look at these logos. This is pretty much the kind of picture I am getting with my new e8. My ks8000 did a hell of a better job then this.
Try playing with the sharpness and edge enhancement options. I generally turn EE off and sharpness at zero, but with crappy sources sometimes they help, and with other crappy sources sometimes it looks better with those off/low. Experiment and see if it makes it any better.
Tranzotic54 likes this.
post #6217 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
20/20 and 59 is right around the corner, must be the carrots, but I don't get within a few feet of my C8 to watch content.

FYI, I've had two of the best plasmas ever made calibrated by DNice, plus a nice education from him on picture quality during the time I was lucky enough to spend with him as he worked on my displays. So I think I know a little about what to look for in regards to what a good picture. With 2 OLEDs, Samsung and Sony LCDs I've got a some good choices to compare to my C8, so you can question my eyesight all you want, but I stand by my comments.

Given Spectrum doesn't have data caps like other internet providers, maybe you should consider going with streaming, they do offer there pick 10 plan, plus you've got DTV and others to choose from as well. There is a reason I stick with DTV (satellite) vs. Spectrum in my area - no TV is going to make a crappy compressed cable feed look good. How about a few pictures of the same content from your KS? Maybe your LG is trying to tell you to stay away from shows like the Rookies

At no time did I say the C8 was perfect, crap in crap out. My content, my utilization it blows the KS out of the water. I miss clouding, blooming, lack of DV, poor viewing angles, mediocre contrast and gray blacks like a case of poison ivy - that's a little harsh as the KS isn't bad for a edge-lit LCD. Sources, settings and panels do matter, sorry you're not enjoying your display as much as I am. Hopefully you are within your return window.
Ugh!

Guys, now I don't know what to do about my possible purchase of the C8.

The full RGB picture Madvr is displaying with my 720p content, on my 720p Samsung PS42Q92HD is great, especially with Sharpen Complex 2 (post processing) with MPC-HC (and sharpness to 0 on the TV, ofc). I watch, almost exclusively, 720p content and in this way.

The upscaled cable-TV content (both 720p and 1080i) I saw in store, with settings I had printed out from a calibrated set and took with me to the store and they entered, back in December when I went to look at the B7, was in my eyes and compared to my plasma, pretty ****, IMHO and TBH. The question is: How much better is the C8 than the B7 at scaling?
post #6218 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Like I said, if he said it was a 2017 panel on the 77's and he was wrong, I think he will be hearing about it, which means we will hear about it.
So, any news on this topic?

I'm considering stepping up to the 77C8 (yes, I'm permitted to post here per the rules ), but I'm concerned about losing out in peak and SDR brightness. Both are a big deal for me. Size does make up for it, but for this kind of money it's sort of a bummer to do a tradeoff.
post #6219 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSwede View Post
Ugh!

Guys, now I don't know what to do about my possible purchase of the C8.

The full RGB picture Madvr is displaying with my 720p content, on my 720p Samsung PS42Q92HD is great, especially with Sharpen Complex 2 (post processing) with MPC-HC (and sharpness to 0 on the TV, ofc). I watch, almost exclusively, 720p content and in this way.

The upscaled cable-TV content (both 720p and 1080i) I saw in store, with settings I had printed out from a calibrated set and took with me to the store and they entered, back in December when I went to look at the B7, was in my eyes and compared to my plasma, pretty ****, IMHO and TBH. The question is: How much better is the C8 than the B7 at scaling?

First, you are comparing a 42" display to a 55", 65" or 77", a larger display is going to bring out more imperfections in content more easily than one that is smaller (42% more area when using a 46" vs. a 55" display). This whole discussion of upscaling (by the way I've answered your question a few times since the weekend including earlier today - C8 is better, but its not that simple) is not the reason I would be buying any new display - regardless of type or who made it. HDR, DV, 4k, improved contrast, more nits, improved color volume, real black, etc. are the reasons to upgrade outside of the obvious - larger screen size. If you're hoping for an upscaling miracle for SD or low quality HD content from any display you'll be disappointed in my humble opinion. The LG does a good job with content that can be worked with - 720p - I'm not the only one saying that - see Rtings review. Sony "may" be better (even though they scored the same as LG via Rtings), but even the mighty Sony will have its limits with marginal content. I still have 3 Oppos - 83/103 and 203 - they make DVDs look okay - but I don't want to spend my time watching too many of them compared to well authored blu-ray or UHD disk. Don't even waste my time running my DTV through my Oppo - no difference vs. the display.

I didn't buy a $2k+ display (MSRP) to watch marginal material. Between streaming and disks, there is too much eye candy to watch to spend time trying to dress up a pig. As for sports, football, hockey (white ice is really white), baseball and the DTV movie channels for the most part look good on my LGs, but there are some network shows that look so-so regardless of what display I'm using. Even my Kuro and Panny VT60 would struggle with the same content I find problematic on my LGs - see dark scenes on Game of Thrones via HBO. If you're going to stick with watching just 720p - keep the Samsung until it dies

Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #6220 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
First, you are comparing a 42" display to a 55", 65" or 77", a larger display is going to bring out more imperfections in content more easily than one that is smaller (42% more area when using a 46" vs. a 55" display). This whole discussion of upscaling (by the way I've answered your question a few times since the weekend including earlier today - C8 is better, but its not that simple) is not the reason I would be buying any new display - regardless of type or who made it. HDR, DV, 4k, improved contrast, more nits, improved color volume, real black, etc. are the reasons to upgrade outside of the obvious - larger screen size. If you're hoping for an upscaling miracle for SD or low quality HD content from any display you'll be disappointed in my humble opinion. The LG does a good job with content that can be worked with - 720p - I'm not the only one saying that - see Rtings review. Sony "may" be better (even though they scored the same as LG via Rtings), but even the mighty Sony will have its limits with marginal content. I still have 3 Oppos - 83/103 and 203 - they make DVDs look okay - but I don't want to spend my time watching too many of them compared to well authored blu-ray or UHD disk. Don't even waste my time running my DTV through my Oppo - no difference vs. the display.

I didn't buy a $2k+ display (MSRP) to watch marginal material. Between streaming and disks, there is too much eye candy to watch to spend time trying to dress up a pig. As for sports, football, hockey (white ice is really white), baseball and the DTV movie channels for the most part look good on my LGs, but there are some network shows that look so-so regardless of what display I'm using. Even my Kuro and Panny VT60 would struggle with the same content I find problematic on my LGs - see dark scenes on Game of Thrones via HBO. If you're going to stick with watching just 720p - keep the Samsung until it dies
Thanks! Yeah, I have been away as well and have about 8 TB worth of 720p material.

I have to apologize as well - didn't see your answer from earlier today. Thank you for this detailed reply though. Will do, thank you!

Edit:
Nope, looked at your posts and it wasn't actually me you replied to earlier today; you have replied to me once. Thank you for both of your replies though, they have saved me a lot of hassle, confusion and money! Thank you!

Last edited by SirSwede; 10-15-2018 at 01:00 PM.
post #6221 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3564 Post(s)
Liked: 2568
I agree with smurryabhm. I just let my C8 do it's thing. The receiver is set to just pass thru whatever the source signal is.
post #6222 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You can use isf dark or bright present, then goto expert settings and change the warm mode from warm 2 to warm 1 or as per your liking .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagath Prasanna View Post
Hello, Sorry for my manners there. I am a newbie on this forum. But do you know the solution for the white balance greyed out problem? Thanks
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
post #6223 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSwede View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I have been away as well and have about 8 TB worth of 720p material.

I have to apologize as well - didn't see your answer from earlier today. Thank you for this detailed reply though. Will do, thank you!

No need to apologize, I was just too lazy to find the previous posts

If you have that much on disk, you should be able to trek to your favorite a/v store and give it a spin in the display of your choice. I just think upscaling isn't the reason to be buying a new display over the past few years. I loved my plasmas, but really enjoy well authored material that is intended to utilize the strengths of the technology we just purchased. Once you've seen how good things can look, its hard to go back to anything less.

post #6224 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I'm downloading the firmware ver. 04.10.06 from the Korean site at this moment. I did this for ver 04.10.05 & all worked fine. If interested in installing via USB the link is below. You may want to use a translator as it is a Korean site but it is pretty straight forward.

https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...teCode=D002795
mrtickleuk likes this.

In retirement, EVERYDAY is a Saturday! ;)

LG OLED65C8PUA, Marantz SR-7013, Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 UHD Blu-ray Player, nVidia Shield TV (2017), 2 - HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Subwoofers, Poke Audio fronts, center & surrounds.
post #6225 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5174 Post(s)
Liked: 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
They didn't ask and I didn't try to stop them. I was torn over whether I wanted to let the box go and didn't speak up.
Ah. I know the feeling. You want to say "Hey, what the hell are you doing?!" but the words just can't get out.

Perhaps most people ask them to take the box, and perhaps they ask most of the time, and they forgot. Or perhaps they were just rude and assumed without asking you without intending any malice. Or various combinations

Quote:
It was pretty stupid of me in hindsight. Guess I've been very lucky so far. I even upgraded the fw to the 4.10.05 yesterday and still no sign of any dimming issue or other problems at all. Just pure enjoyment.
Great stuff, it is a fantastic TV and I really love mine too!

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #6226 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdietzenbach View Post
I live in the midwest USA. I just had update .04.10.07 pop up on my B8. Anyone else? Currently on software. 04.10.06
No, but I have a C8 so maybe the versions are different. Ver 04.10.06 is the only one listed at the Korean LG site for O18_C8x / E8x / W8x. US LG still has ver 04.10.05 last I checked.

In retirement, EVERYDAY is a Saturday! ;)

LG OLED65C8PUA, Marantz SR-7013, Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 UHD Blu-ray Player, nVidia Shield TV (2017), 2 - HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Subwoofers, Poke Audio fronts, center & surrounds.
post #6227 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 5174 Post(s)
Liked: 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Once the fw is on their web page there is a changelog but when they make any important changes that could make something worse they will just call it "Improve the picture/audio quality" or "Minor Bug Fix" so the changelog is pretty useless anyway.
I think you're downplaying it a bit there. Compared to what Samsung provide (the same boilerplate of platitudes for every firmware!) it's a revelation and is pretty much a whole novel. Still not as much info as Sony provide, but I'm reasonably happy with it.

For example, I'm very happy to read
"[04.10.05]
4. We have reduced the amount of time the cursor is displayed when not moving the MRCU.
"

In other words, it turns off more quickly now. Which is great! But they could have just said "remote control changes" and left us all guessing what had changed
TimRex likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #6228 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Yo I use an antenna for basic channels i.e. CBS FOX NBC ABC, for football etc. On my 65 c8 everything looks sharp and smooth. Im coming from a 32 emerson lcd. if you really want to be sure, go get yourself a 15$ antenna and hook it up to the tv granted it is next to a window.
post #6229 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
I think you're downplaying it a bit there. Compared to what Samsung provide (the same boilerplate of platitudes for every firmware!) it's a revelation and is pretty much a whole novel. Still not as much info as Sony provide, but I'm reasonably happy with it.

For example, I'm very happy to read
"[04.10.05]
4. We have reduced the amount of time the cursor is displayed when not moving the MRCU.
"

In other words, it turns off more quickly now. Which is great! But they could have just said "remote control changes" and left us all guessing what had changed

I guess they only list the really important changes . I mean who cares if they fixed the HDR color gamut in pc-mode or if they changed the dimming algorithm. That's just a 'minor bugfix'.

The remote cursor fix is what everyone has been waiting for.
mrtickleuk and TimRex like this.
post #6230 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo631 View Post
I just emailed LG customer service explaining my issue and also sent them a link to John Archers article. I encourage everyone with an issue to do the same.
I just did the same thing. To everyone who is affected by teh dimming issue, please report it to LG. The more the better.
post #6231 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#2ff550b263fb

John Archer has written an article. I hope, LG reeds it.
A PS4 Pro on the way was kind of convincing me on getting a 65C8 and wait for lower prices for 77/75 in the future but what I read in this article is quite scary. I find it's also not very professional from LG to do something like this, that has to deal with avoiding screen burn, months after all reviews have been published.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
Video Pioneer PDP-LX6090 (calibrated)
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010, Dynaudio Audience 72 (FL, FR), Dynaudio Audience 42C (C), Dynaudio 42W (SR, SL), Chario Piccolo Star Satellite (Presence Height), SVS PB-1000 (SW)
Sources HTPC, Xbox One S, Squeezebox
post #6232 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Got my 55 inch C8 on saturday and was promptly blown away by how frikin ridiculous black panther looked in dolby vision. Then fired up my ps4 pro to play some monster hunter...holy heck.

All in all, super happy with my purchase.

One thing I noticed though, and I am sure this is to be expected, I seem to have a stuck pixel, noticed it yesterday morning. I dont think its dead as dead seems to be just black? This is white, in all scenes, regardless of color, its just one pixel (though the placement of its stuckness is the absolute worst, about the upper center portion of my screen so my eyes are constantly drawn to it) and otherwise the panels color and banding are on point.

Its noticeable in movies but not at all when I am playing a game, which is probably 90% of my usage. (though that may change because holy hell is 4K HDR/dolby vision the light)

Question is, is this something to be concerned about or just expected OLED behavior? (Again, not terribly worried since, worst case scenario its within 30 day purchase and I also have extended warranty from best buy)

I ran the manual pixel refresher and that didnt seem to do anything, though one thing I did notice, is that Sunday morning it was super bright, as if at max luminescence, but then after playing some spider-man and watching a movie, it dimmed a bit, but still there.
Jimi Jo Jake likes this.
post #6233 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamien View Post
Got my 55 inch C8 on saturday and was promptly blown away by how frikin ridiculous black panther looked in dolby vision. Then fired up my ps4 pro to play some monster hunter...holy heck.

All in all, super happy with my purchase.

One thing I noticed though, and I am sure this is to be expected, I seem to have a stuck pixel, noticed it yesterday morning. I dont think its dead as dead seems to be just black? This is white, in all scenes, regardless of color, its just one pixel (though the placement of its stuckness is the absolute worst, about the upper center portion of my screen so my eyes are constantly drawn to it) and otherwise the panels color and banding are on point.

Its noticeable in movies but not at all when I am playing a game, which is probably 90% of my usage. (though that may change because holy hell is 4K HDR/dolby vision the light)

Question is, is this something to be concerned about or just expected OLED behavior? (Again, not terribly worried since, worst case scenario its within 30 day purchase and I also have extended warranty from best buy)

I ran the manual pixel refresher and that didnt seem to do anything, though one thing I did notice, is that Sunday morning it was super bright, as if at max luminescence, but then after playing some spider-man and watching a movie, it dimmed a bit, but still there.
Exchange it if you can. I have a few Oled tvs and the oldest one has a bright blue pixel that has been stuck for a few months and I've tried everything to make it go away. My eyes are constantly drawn to it. Mine's located towards the upper left. Every time a movie is on with the black bars on the top and bottom that blue pixel shines like the north star in the sky. Drives me crazy!
post #6234 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jo Jake View Post
several ways I'm going to address this.

1. IF you are watching with brightness at 100, turn it down. I use 57 for almost everything. I have ZERO dimming issues..

2. IF you don't want to adjust this setting out of stubbornness/ "i paid money for a product and should use it how i please", go into the advanced menu and you can turn the dimmer settings to off. This is your workaround! NOTE: at this time, LG seems to be focusing on prolonging your OLED by implementing settings that reduce brightness (burn in/IR/longevity). The most simplest workaround is to adjust your TVs brightness setting to the intended 50, or really anything that is below 100. The difference in nits is so minimal.

3. I am only on episode 3 of Lost in Space, so i can't attest to the dimming scene you mention, not yet at least. My biggest issue with this particular series was the first episode at like the 5 minute mark where they show the mountain range pan right before the jupiters fly overhead. It took me like 30 minutes to figure out the judder/blur settings to make the show look good, only to find out that the jupiters flying overhead were not drawn in smoothly to begin with.

4. If you noticed many obvious scenes in this show, would you mind posting more timestamps? I saw something that seemed to be crazy dimming issues on a youtube video the other day and thought "crap now i have a dimming problem", then i went to check the same scene on my phone and it was there too. IE it was the content not my tv.
Cinema Home (User) defaults to OLED LIGHT 50 for Dolby Vision and the ABL goes nuts sometimes. So setting it to 57 won't help. While for SDR it's not noticeable and 40-56 is the sweet spot generally.

Last edited by thepiecesfit; 10-15-2018 at 06:53 PM.
post #6235 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Getting update for 4.10.06 here in India as well, hope they patched the delayed dimming thing, didn't distract me much ,but still a fix would be gr8

post #6236 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
FYI, the October/November issue of Sound & Vision has the 65" C8 on the cover with the tag: "OLED Perfected." Very favorable review inside, with the two "at a glance" negatives being the price and lower peak brightness.

They also review the Panasonic UB820 Blu-ray player.
Cam1977 likes this.
post #6237 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3083 Post(s)
Liked: 3804
^lol how dare you post that...the Sony fanboys might take offense🤣🤣🤣
post #6238 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer View Post
Getting update for 4.10.06 here in India as well, hope they patched the delayed dimming thing, didn't distract me much ,but still a fix would be gr8

Although I am not experiencing the dimming issue, I hope LG fixes this as this seems to be affecting a lot of new owners...if it was deliberate then shame on LG, they should have known that this would be distracting.
bala_gamer likes this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 10-15-2018 at 08:02 PM.
post #6239 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
A PS4 Pro on the way was kind of convincing me on getting a 65C8 and wait for lower prices for 77/75 in the future but what I read in this article is quite scary. I find it's also not very professional from LG to do something like this, that has to deal with avoiding screen burn, months after all reviews have been published.
So speaks a non-owner. The issue doesn’t impact everyone so it’s truly a mystery. Forbes is well known for his love of Samsung, so I’m sure he jumped at the chance to make this an issue when the facts have YTBD. Does the guy do any original content? A few tweets from some owners saying its an issue with their display and he’s off saving the world. So we’ve got owners with no problem, owners with a problem and others wondering if it’s been like this from day 1. Interesting mystery.

Has he mentioned the DV problem with Sony yet? Back light issues with the Q9? There are owners of any display complaining about something at any given time. My LG is anything but scary, unless you’re referring to it’s great picture

post #6240 of 22448 Old 10-15-2018, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^truth! And to add not a few days ago we had a samfung fanboy on here trying to push that...but dont worry guys John Archer is on it😂😂😂
RavenBF and Jimi Jo Jake like this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 10-15-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , denon x3500 , eye strain , firmware update , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page