2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 235 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78935Likes

post #7021 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3252 Post(s)
Liked: 2316
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkusterb View Post
Hi. New 65C8 owner (yesterday). Love the picture on this TV!

Questions: What are the most critical picture adjustments for optimum quality? Do you have to go in and optimize settings for every different kind of content source? (HDR-10, DV, 1080p blu-rays, 1080i broadcast from satellite, regular DVD, etc.) I am using only one HDMI input -- from my Marantz receiver -- but watching content from three sources going through the Marantz: an Oppo 203 4K BD player, a Roku Premiere+, and my DirecTV HD receiver/DVR.

For example, the quality I get from the 4K UHD blu-ray of Life of Pi or Dunkirkis amazing; a perfect picture in every way. Regular blu-ray disc also looks very good, as does 4K HDR content from Netflix. Broadcast satellite network programming comes off as a little bit soft and oversaturated, though.

My living room/theater is on the dark side even on a sunny day. Is picture best set to "Technicolor expert" or "Dark room expert"?

Any answers and advice greatly received!
Adjusting your settings per source can be an exercise in futility because source quality widely varies from source to source and even between programs. Cable/sat is the worse because of source quality and compression. Even streaming will have its issues due to bandwidth and programming. Physical media is still the best because for the most part, the quality is consistent so that's why most calibrate their panels via blu-ray player and then tweak as necessary for other sources.

You can try the settings posted on rtings.com and see how they work for you. Just keep in mind that all panels are different due to component tolerances so nothing is guaranteed. Adjust to whatever looks best to you. Not what others say you need to do. Write the settings down and then experiment. If you don't like what you see, then just put the original settings back in and start over.

My cable connection goes straight to the C8 because the Comcrap cable box that I have has issues with Deep Color so I need to disable that for just cable. However, if you use a single HDMI cable from your receiver to the C8, the C8 sees that as a single source and if you disable Deep Color, you disable Deep Color for your other sources as well. Connecting the cable box directly to the C8 is a separate HDMI input so you can disable Deep Color on that input without affecting the other input. I then use an optical cable for discrete 5.1 audio from the cable box to the receiver which is not big deal because that's the best cable can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7022 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anybody else’s C8/E8 constantly come up wired LAN connection disconnected and then immediately pop back up saying it’s connected again?

Happens quite a bit to me which is frustrating..
post #7023 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 12:14 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkusterb View Post
Hi. New 65C8 owner (yesterday). Love the picture on this TV!

Questions: What are the most critical picture adjustments for optimum quality? Do you have to go in and optimize settings for every different kind of content source? (HDR-10, DV, 1080p blu-rays, 1080i broadcast from satellite, regular DVD, etc.) I am using only one HDMI input -- from my Marantz receiver -- but watching content from three sources going through the Marantz: an Oppo 203 4K BD player, a Roku Premiere+, and my DirecTV HD receiver/DVR.

For example, the quality I get from the 4K UHD blu-ray of Life of Pi or Dunkirkis amazing; a perfect picture in every way. Regular blu-ray disc also looks very good, as does 4K HDR content from Netflix. Broadcast satellite network programming comes off as a little bit soft and oversaturated, though.

My living room/theater is on the dark side even on a sunny day. Is picture best set to "Technicolor expert" or "Dark room expert"?

Any answers and advice greatly received!

Let's see. The general consensus after reading through the thread is:

That until you break-in your new set by the general use of 200-300 hours of watching your C8, none of the settings you try will be optimal. If you do not have a European model C8 you can find your hours of use in settings General>About This TV>TV Information>Hours. Some people like to run through D-Nice's prep slides to equalize all pixels evenly, but it seems the slides are strictly use at your own risk.

Yes, each source will need adjustments to settings unless you are satisfied with the default LG settings for Technicolor Expert and ISF Dark or Bright Room,which most on the forum seem to think are very close to isf calibration already.

Each source has Picture Mode optional settings specific to it and even the same Picture Mode choice default settings may vary from one source to another. Some settings may be defaulted to being greyed out and not adjustable depending on the source material, such as SDR, HDR or DV. Some suggest starting with the recommended settings proposed for the C8 on the RTings.com website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c8/settings

The "most critical picture adjustments for optimum picture quality" are Brightness and Contrast. With good calibration reference material (see the AVS Forum Calibration thread) you can set your Brightness to optimum with seeing bar number 18 barely discernibly flashing and number 17 almost imperceptibly flashing. With that then adjust Contrast of agreeable intensity in conjunction with OLED Light at 100 in HDR or 50 in DV and to personal preference in SDR.

You want the Dynamic Tone Mapping set ON when available in HDR Picture Modes, Real Cinema set to ON if available, TruNMotion set OFF, Black Level set to LOW or if using PC Mode to HIGH, Gamma set to 2.2 for day or bright room viewing and set to BT.1886 for night time or dark room viewing, and Sharpness set to 0. If you have the most recent firmware version 04.10.06 and use Technicolor Expert Picture Mode, change the White Balance Color Temp to Warm2 for better color accuracy. All other settings should be at default or OFF.

You want to turn OFF Energy Saving so that the set does not dim the picture automatically to room lighting. Automatic firmware update to OFF unless you do not want to do updates manually.

I may have missed something, so you might want to read through the thread and see.
rkammer and jboileau like this.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki

Last edited by RBO; 10-25-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7024 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mitchell View Post
Is this option only accessible via the Service Menu?

Edit: It is, yes. I read through the Twitter thread and saw the image of the post reporting it.
Yep service menu. As an update on further testing it appears to affect the SDR tone curve. Here is a scene from Goodfellas 1080p Blu-Ray with the setting on Normal and On

Update: Setting OLED Light to 40 for SDR seems to match the 56 with the default.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDR_Module.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	487.6 KB
ID:	2473466  

Last edited by thepiecesfit; 10-25-2018 at 01:05 PM.
post #7025 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 988
I have a question regarding Logo Luminance Adjustment, which does not seem to be answered by the manual, in that the manual is as ambiguous as the on-screen description of this feature.

There are two settings for Logo Luminance Adjustment (in addition to off). They settings are low and high. So when you set it to low, does that mean the brightness of a logo will be low, or does it mean that the amount of the adjustment is low? Or to put it another way, if you want to dim the logos, do you set the adjustment to high or low?

P.S. This reminds me of some comedian's routine where he was talking about driving to the airport and was trying to figure out if he should go to "Arrivals" or "Departures." He says, "well, I'm arriving at the airport but I'm departing on a plane. So which one do I choose?"
post #7026 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Care to share the model info of the meters you use? I just started trying to research some calibration light meters and cannot decide which are adequate for my 77C8.

I use a Jeti 1211 as my reference meter and a Klein K10-A as my read meter.

If you are just starting out then I would suggest a X-Rite oem i1display color meter. Most calibration software like Calman enthusiast (if planing on doing 3DLUT) or HCFR (free) will have a generic profile for OLED and i1display. If you are looking for a light meter to profile your color meter for your C8 then I would suggest a i1Pro 2 meter.

Hope this helps.

ss
RBO and smurraybhm like this.

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
post #7027 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
I have a question regarding Logo Luminance Adjustment, which does not seem to be answered by the manual, in that the manual is as ambiguous as the on-screen description of this feature.

There are two settings for Logo Luminance Adjustment (in addition to off). They settings are low and high. So when you set it to low, does that mean the brightness of a logo will be low, or does it mean that the amount of the adjustment is low? Or to put it another way, if you want to dim the logos, do you set the adjustment to high or low?

P.S. This reminds me of some comedian's routine where he was talking about driving to the airport and was trying to figure out if he should go to "Arrivals" or "Departures." He says, "well, I'm arriving at the airport but I'm departing on a plane. So which one do I choose?"
I believe the recommendation is to set it to Low. That's what I've done. I think the Low setting is not quite as aggressive as the High setting so it's a "gentler" way, for want of a better term, to help prevent logo retention.
post #7028 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3776 Post(s)
Liked: 2977
Quote:

If you like your images unmolested, turn it off. What it really does is dim an entire section of the screen, and in some cases it might dim half or the entire screen. Its stupid and doesn't know what its doing. Any small bright part of the image might get dimmed.

"Low" setting means that the screen dimes just a little, "High" means that it dimes a lot. "Off" means that you see what you were intended to see.
smitty likes this.
post #7029 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
If you like your images unmolested, turn it off. What it really does is dim an entire section of the screen, and in some cases it might dim half or the entire screen. Its stupid and doesn't know what its doing. Any small bright part of the image might get dimmed.

"Low" setting means that the screen dimes just a little, "High" means that it dimes a lot. "Off" means that you see what you were intended to see.
Well this might explain my confusion in using the setting. Because when I tried changing from low to high and I was looking directly at the logo to see what would happen, I didn't really notice any difference in the brightness of the logo.
post #7030 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiecesfit View Post
I was having issues the past week after updating the firmware. Constant issues despite bandwidth being 400mbps on the speed test. Finally yesterday the software crashed and none of my apps connected and kept freezing. So I powered down pulled the cord. Once it came back it has been fine since. I think LG needs to add a reset function as most of the time it's in standby. The NETFLIX app doesnt exactly quit.
I was having some issues too with Netflix buffering a lot and I just have to stop playing and then resume the video to get it back. I turned off "Quick Start" in the TV settings and so far so good, I watched 2 whole episodes of Daredevil last night with no interruptions. Now it could just be coincidence based on my limited viewing since changing the setting, but I read on older LG sets this was a common setting to disable for Network issues.

I believe disabling Quick Start means to shut down fully rather than a standby mode. I do notice after changing this setting it says to wait while loading Netflix if I try to run it right after turning the TV on.
post #7031 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3776 Post(s)
Liked: 2977
Quote:
Well this might explain my confusion in using the setting. Because when I tried changing from low to high and I was looking directly at the logo to see what would happen, I didn't really notice any difference in the brightness of the logo.
Yes, its really pretty useless. If you leave the TV on CNN for hours in torch mode, it might be for you. But it doesn't know the difference between a TV logo and say a lamp on a table in a movie scene.
smitty likes this.
post #7032 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well this isn't great... I fired up red dead redemption 1 on the xbox and immediately noticed banding when it became night in-game. I looked at the 5% test and there's a good amount of banding with a very dark vertical line more towards the right of the panel.

This is after about 120hrs and multiple comp cycles.

This one might go back.

Edit: added pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181025_175840.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	908.5 KB
ID:	2473698  

Last edited by dallows; 10-25-2018 at 04:42 PM.
post #7033 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 217
You can check out 4k HDR on fuboTV tonight. Baylor vs West Virginia. The app is on Amazon 4k Fire tv. You can do a week free trial. It is HDR10 and colors are way too saturated. A very nice bright picture will give an idea on how 4k HDR college football looks.
post #7034 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4428 Post(s)
Liked: 6706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark350 View Post
Just bought my 65" C8 Is there a link to the DNice slides? Our couch is still a couple weeks away so I figure it's a good time to just let that run since I won't really be watching it right away.
here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-p...l#post23157975 , and please note his warning at the top of his post NOT to use the slides for breaking in.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #7035 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4428 Post(s)
Liked: 6706
Quote:
Indeed. This is because rdgrimes is not correct (unless it has changed between 04.10.05 and 04.10.06 and he has 04.10.06 maybe!)
But certainly for all firmwares up to 04.10.05, "Low" and "High" only affect the speed at which the TV reacts and dims parts of the screen, and not how much it dims by.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #7036 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Interesting. I have mine set on Low and have not noticed any dimming of an entire section of the screen under any viewing conditions. In fact, I've played with Off, Low, and High and have been hard pressed to notice any real difference in the logo or screen behavior.
smitty likes this.
post #7037 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:24 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 334
@sillysally
Good to know. Thanks again.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
post #7038 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have a question about the C8's upscaling abilities. I am coming from a 7-year old Panasonic plasma and watching Directv through a Genie-2 receiver. Most of the material I'm watching is 1080p. It seems to me that I'm seeing a lot more variability in the quality of the picture than I did with my Panasonic plasma. Sometimes the picture (I'm talking about resolution) is quite remarkable, while other times it seems sort of fuzzy -- but very slightly so. And when they show stuff that is really old, it really looks krappy (which is to expected). Maybe it's just my imagination, but sometimes the degree of resolution even seems to vary from commercial to commercial.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the TV and nothing wrong with my brain (the second assumption might be debatable), why would it be that the C8 would tend to show more variability in terms of the quality of the 1080p picture? In other words, why would I notice the difference in the quality of the source material less on my previous set?

Has anybody else experienced this?
post #7039 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
I don't know if streaming rules, mostly because you don't get full quality with streaming. Especially uhd 4k content.

Also physical media especially uhd 4k is doing very well in sales.

Unfortunately, internet speeds are not great everywhere & a lot of people have data caps so streaming is out of the question for some

I do use streaming but when I want the best quality, I turn to disc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Streaming is easier. Streaming to my OLED's looks great with the built-in apps. Not so great on a Fire TV.
I have gone to a huge Rasputin store in San Jose and though they have a TON of physical media, very little sales are going on there. I dispute your claim that physical media is doing "very well".
I have a 1TB cap and never exceed it despite being online much of the day and watching a boat load of 4K stuff for hours. We are talking about two people streaming (4k, lower res stuff, music hour after hour, browsing, you name it, we are on the net a ton) throughout the day.
When I want quality I don't feel as if I'm giving away anything by watching 4K shows that stream. Having said that, I don't like the look of a lot of shows on Amazon Prime. There content, to me, looks inferior. It is often jerky.

Rather than a back and forth over each other's arguments, let's leave it here and agree to disagree, please. I deplore extended arguments. thanks!

LG OLED55B7 -LG OLED65C8 - Marantz NR1608
post #7040 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Quote:
In other words, why would I notice the difference in the quality of the source material less on my previous set?

the better a display (or music system sounds) looks, the more variable in appearance different content will look (or sound). it's the nature of having high "resolution" products.
Jrocker23 and mrtickleuk like this.

LG OLED55B7 -LG OLED65C8 - Marantz NR1608
post #7041 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 529
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

I wasnt arguing with you, I was just stating how I feel about it based off my experience & facts about both streaming & disc

Its fine that people like what they like.

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
post #7042 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
Streaming is easier. Streaming to my OLED's looks great with the built-in apps. Not so great on a Fire TV.
I have gone to a huge Rasputin store in San Jose and though they have a TON of physical media, very little sales are going on there. I dispute your claim that physical media is doing "very well".
I have a 1TB cap and never exceed it despite being online much of the day and watching a boat load of 4K stuff for hours. We are talking about two people streaming (4k, lower res stuff, music hour after hour, browsing, you name it, we are on the net a ton) throughout the day.
When I want quality I don't feel as if I'm giving away anything by watching 4K shows that stream. Having said that, I don't like the look of a lot of shows on Amazon Prime. There content, to me, looks inferior. It is often jerky.

Rather than a back and forth over each other's arguments, let's leave it here and agree to disagree, please. I deplore extended arguments. thanks!
I wasnt arguing with you, I was just stating how I feel about it based off my experience & facts about both streaming & disc

Its fine that people like what they like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dave1812dave likes this.

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
post #7043 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
I have a question about the C8's upscaling abilities. I am coming from a 7-year old Panasonic plasma and watching Directv through a Genie-2 receiver. Most of the material I'm watching is 1080p. It seems to me that I'm seeing a lot more variability in the quality of the picture than I did with my Panasonic plasma. Sometimes the picture (I'm talking about resolution) is quite remarkable, while other times it seems sort of fuzzy -- but very slightly so. And when they show stuff that is really old, it really looks krappy (which is to expected). Maybe it's just my imagination, but sometimes the degree of resolution even seems to vary from commercial to commercial.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the TV and nothing wrong with my brain (the second assumption might be debatable), why would it be that the C8 would tend to show more variability in terms of the quality of the 1080p picture? In other words, why would I notice the difference in the quality of the source material less on my previous set?

I went from a 2007 58” Panny plasma to the 77C8 and also notice some stuff looks bad. I'm attribute it to the larger TV form the most part.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman
post #7044 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 199
The 4.10.06 firmware was just posted to lg site today link
File is dated today, but I doubt it's any different than when it originally came out almost a month back
mrtickleuk likes this.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #7045 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
I went from a 2007 58” Panny plasma to the 77C8 and also notice some stuff looks bad. I'm attribute it to the larger TV form the most part.
Yeah, that makes sense, as that is a big jump. But I went only from a 60" to a 65" and the 65" viewing distance is actually a little longer. I was thinking it might be due to the phenomenon that dave1812 mentions above, but I wasn't sure.
post #7046 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mitchell View Post
Is this option only accessible via the Service Menu?

Edit: It is, yes. I read through the Twitter thread and saw the image of the post reporting it.

This is old news,tried it a few weeks ago, really nice and all, but who gives a F when you have to re enable the setting each time you turn on the tv.
post #7047 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that makes sense, as that is a big jump. But I went only from a 60" to a 65" and the 65" viewing distance is actually a little longer. I was thinking it might be due to the phenomenon that dave1812 mentions above, but I wasn't sure.
I have a 47" LG LCD downstairs and a brand new 65" LG C8 upstairs. With the same programming on cable (yes, I have run up and down the stairs to compare ) the C8 seems a bit softer on some programming than the 47" so I just attribute that to the size. Cable is normally bad to begin with but every now and then a program appears that just looks phenomenal on the C8. The ATV4k and the UHD BD player are just plain amazing. The viewing distance is about the same (10' - 12').
post #7048 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 6409 Post(s)
Liked: 6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
Yea, I know Chris, but the hassle of shipping and people not being honest with their intentions. I still enjoy 3D, just watched Imax Grand Canyon Adventure 3D, wow. But for the right price and no games, i can let my E6P go.
You will never know unless you try, E-Bay, Craig's list, and here in the classified section. Local pickup, Cash only. I sold some "personal" amps myself thru here

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
ISSUE ALERT!!

This is the only issue that I’m having with my 77C8...well, that, coupled with football and the baseball playoffs. Not enough time in the days to watch this incredible and stunning TV!
Well said........
post #7049 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi all,

I'm a new owner of LG 65C8 about a month now.

When I first got it the picture was dark and details were missed in 4k hdr & sdr content.

Now Blacks in most movies 4k hdr & sdr are grey and it's like I am watching a movie on an LED screen not OLED and my picture settings are:

HDR-10 Picture Mode: technicolor Expert

BASIC SETTINGS:
OLED LIGHT: 100
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10
Color: 55
Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROLS
Dynamic Contrast: Low
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.2 ( default and greyed out )

WHITE BALANCE
Color Temperature: Warm1
Method: 2 Points
High - R: -5, G: -3, B: 3
Low - R: 1 G: -1, B: -3

PICTURE OPTIONS
Noise Reduction : Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye Care: Off
TrueMotion: Off

My question is what is the best settings for the LG 65 C8 to watch movies 4K HDR &SDR on an OLED screen?

NOTE: in my country there is no technician Calibration professional can make it for TVs resolving problems with HDR of Sdr shadow details and Hdr impact, Otherwise I'm gonna mess around with settings for the rest of my time and still won't be satisfied so, please help me

Your highly response will appreciated.

Regards.

Last edited by icic2018; 10-25-2018 at 09:13 PM.
post #7050 of 19368 Old 10-25-2018, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2905 Post(s)
Liked: 3483
^turn off dynamic contrast...if you dont have dynamic tone mapping on try turning it on and see if that helps. In addition switch from warm 1 to warm 2 and try resetting white balance to default values. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page