2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 236 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81118Likes

post #7051 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyley View Post
Does anybody else’s C8/E8 constantly come up wired LAN connection disconnected and then immediately pop back up saying it’s connected again?

Happens quite a bit to me which is frustrating..
I have same problem. Its really annoying. I just discconnect lan cable and using 5Ghz wifi.
But i dont understand why that problem appears all the time. Sometimes more sometimes less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7052 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icic2018 View Post
Hi all,

I'm a new owner of LG 65C8 about a month now.

When I first got it the picture was dark and details were missed in 4k hdr & sdr content.

Now Blacks in most movies 4k hdr & sdr are grey and it's like I am watching a movie on an LED screen not OLED and my picture settings are:

HDR-10 Picture Mode: technicolor Expert

BASIC SETTINGS:

OLED LIGHT: 100

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 50

Sharpness: 10

Color: 55

Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROLS

Dynamic Contrast: Low

Super Resolution: Off

Color Gamut: Auto

Edge Enhancer: Off

Color Filter: Off

Gamma: 2.2 ( default and greyed out )

WHITE BALANCE

Color Temperature: Warm1

Method: 2 Points

High - R: -5, G: -3, B: 3

Low - R: 1 G: -1, B: -3

PICTURE OPTIONS

Noise Reduction : Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Black Level: Low

Real Cinema: On

Motion Eye Care: Off

TrueMotion: Off

My question is what is the best settings for the LG 65 C8 to watch movies 4K HDR &SDR on an OLED screen?

NOTE: in my country there is no technician Calibration professional can make it for TVs resolving problems with HDR of Sdr shadow details and Hdr impact, Otherwise I'm gonna mess around with settings for the rest of my time and still won't be satisfied so, please help me

Your highly response will appreciated.

Regards.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #7053 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
I have a question about the C8's upscaling abilities. I am coming from a 7-year old Panasonic plasma and watching Directv through a Genie-2 receiver. Most of the material I'm watching is 1080p. It seems to me that I'm seeing a lot more variability in the quality of the picture than I did with my Panasonic plasma. Sometimes the picture (I'm talking about resolution) is quite remarkable, while other times it seems sort of fuzzy -- but very slightly so. And when they show stuff that is really old, it really looks krappy (which is to expected). Maybe it's just my imagination, but sometimes the degree of resolution even seems to vary from commercial to commercial.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the TV and nothing wrong with my brain (the second assumption might be debatable), why would it be that the C8 would tend to show more variability in terms of the quality of the 1080p picture? In other words, why would I notice the difference in the quality of the source material less on my previous set?

Has anybody else experienced this?
What is your setting on the Genie? Is it set to output "Native"? (On my HR24, this is under Settings -> Display -> Video -> Native). If you turn it to On the Genie will output the resolution that it is receiving. So if the TV station you're watching broadcasts in 720p for example - the TV will get a 720p signal and will upscale it to 4K. If you don't have native turned on, it may be outputting the 720p signal as 1080p meaning the Genie is upscaling it and then the TV is upscaling it again. Native does take longer to change channels because it has to change resolutions and redo the HDMI handshake, but try it and see if the picture looks better.

You do have to remember though that for lower resolution signal sources, you're having to "make up" more pixels which can cause more fuzziness or visual artifacts when upscaling.

UHD 4K has 9 times the pixels as 720p, 4 times the resolution of 1080p (and sort of 4 times the resolution of 1080i), and 27 times the resolution of 4:3 480p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7054 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I have a 47" LG LCD downstairs and a brand new 65" LG C8 upstairs. With the same programming on cable (yes, I have run up and down the stairs to compare ) the C8 seems a bit softer on some programming than the 47" so I just attribute that to the size. Cable is normally bad to begin with but every now and then a program appears that just looks phenomenal on the C8. The ATV4k and the UHD BD player are just plain amazing. The viewing distance is about the same (10' - 12').
When you hit the 150 hour mark the detail will just pop. You may be past this mark. I thought that mine was not going to give me the detail and crispness I was used too. Then around 150 hours I woke up one day turned it on and walla the definition was there. This may not be the case in your display but I saw a big change at around this mark. You may be past this mark, but mine is getting better every day.
Also always remember the the mouse remote is worth the price of the display. I am really enjoying the remote.

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee

Last edited by Glenee; 10-26-2018 at 07:13 AM.
post #7055 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
I'll go ahead and reload the app. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't something common-ish before I started doing all that. Didn't seem like there was any chatter.
Reloading apps is a good idea. That's the 1st thing YouTube TV help suggests when having problems.

In retirement, EVERYDAY is a Saturday! ;)

LG OLED65C8PUA, Marantz SR-7013, Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 UHD Blu-ray Player, nVidia Shield TV (2017), 2 - HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Subwoofers, Poke Audio fronts, center & surrounds.

Last edited by DERG; 10-26-2018 at 02:23 PM.
post #7056 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 341
For those who are interested - there is a new firmware update available for 7 series OLED's on the Korean website - https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...currentPageNo=

MR reflects (05.80.04)

- Netflix related optimization
- Network - Selectable IPv6 connection on / off in wireless connection setting
- Other bug fix

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #7057 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Hi all,

I'm a new owner of LG 65C8 about a month now.

When I first got it the picture was dark and details were missed in 4k hdr & sdr content.

Now Blacks in most movies 4k hdr & sdr are grey and it's like I am watching a movie on an LED screen not OLED and my picture settings are:

HDR-10 Picture Mode: technicolor Expert

BASIC SETTINGS:
OLED LIGHT: 100
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10
Color: 55
Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROLS
Dynamic Contrast: Low
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Gamma: 2.2 ( default and greyed out )

WHITE BALANCE
Color Temperature: Warm1
Method: 2 Points
High - R: -5, G: -3, B: 3
Low - R: 1 G: -1, B: -3

PICTURE OPTIONS
Noise Reduction : Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye Care: Off
TrueMotion: Off

My question is what is the best settings for the LG 65 C8 to watch movies 4K HDR &SDR on an OLED screen?

NOTE: in my country there is no technician Calibration professional can make it for TVs resolving problems with HDR of Sdr shadow details and Hdr impact, Otherwise I'm gonna mess around with settings for the rest of my time and still won't be satisfied so, please help me

Your highly response will appreciated.

Regards.
What are you playing movies from? What's the source?
post #7058 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallows View Post
What are you playing movies from? What's the source?

hi dallows, thanks for your reply, I'm using Zidoo Z9S tv box & Zidoo X20.

thanks a lot.
post #7059 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:

thanks a lot.
What country are these from and what is a Zidoo X20 ?

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee
post #7060 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

thanks a lot.
I'm not really familiar with those, but...

I would make sure they are set to the right output range, either Limited or Full. Different devices call this setting various names. On the LG it's "Black Level" which you've said is set to Low. You could switch to high while watching something and immediately notice if the problem is corrected.

I would also make sure those devices aren't changing or modifying the picture(source) in any way. You want a pass-through or direct mode if available.

If you're not familiar with these devices then I would suggest you take time to go through the manuals and check forums for any tips. (like this and device forum http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/psa-the-x9s-outputs-wrong-color-levels.5054/)
post #7061 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
Yeah, that makes sense, as that is a big jump. But I went only from a 60" to a 65" and the 65" viewing distance is actually a little longer. I was thinking it might be due to the phenomenon that dave1812 mentions above, but I wasn't sure.
Crazy thing is its only a couple inches bigger in outer dimensions than the old one due to now bezels.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman
post #7062 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Hello,

I was watching The Haunting At Hill House on Netflix last night. It has Dolby Vision and Atmos and I noticed on my OLED 65C8 during the intro when it was on a gray it has diagonal lines. I don't know if it is on the series that I'm watching or on the TV. I don't see any problem when I watch other movies or TV. That part only when the screen is whole gray.

Watching Netflix on LG WEB OS in 4k UHD

I've noticed as well when any scene that is very dark I notice noise from the blacks. Is it from the camera or from the TV? Source is a Blu-Ray UHD LG UP970. The blacks are nice but it is just during a really dark scene that has a minimal light on the movie or series.

Last edited by Paopawdecarabao; 10-26-2018 at 09:55 AM.
post #7063 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
What country are these from and what is a Zidoo X20 ?

You may check here

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/allProduct.html
post #7064 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesus1888 View Post
I have same problem. Its really annoying. I just discconnect lan cable and using 5Ghz wifi.
But i dont understand why that problem appears all the time. Sometimes more sometimes less.
I also had connection issues when TV was connected to both lan and wifi at same time. TV seems to be trying to 'bridge' the two connections which is causing 'handshake' problems and various other issues while streaming content from Netflix for me. I have no problems if I eliminate either one of them and use the other.
post #7065 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paopawdecarabao View Post
Hello,

I was watching The Haunting At Hill House on Netflix last night. It has Dolby Vision and Atmos and I noticed on my OLED 65C8 during the intro when it was on a gray it has diagonal lines. I don't know if it is on the series that I'm watching or on the TV. I don't see any problem when I watch other movies or TV. That part only when the screen is whole gray.

I've noticed as well when any scene that is very dark I notice noise from the blacks. Is it from the camera or from the TV? Source is a Blu-Ray UHD LG UP970. The blacks are nice but it is just during a really dark scene that has a minimal light on the movie or series.
Noise coming from dark or black areas of the screen when streaming can be caused by many things, other than the TV. The cameras used to record low light conditions, compression processing by Netflix, and to a much lesser extent, the TV and it's settings. I would only use UHD disks to evaluate TV side of things.
post #7066 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3536 Post(s)
Liked: 2555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paopawdecarabao View Post
Hello,

We watched episode 4 last night, via Netflix on an ATV4k and it excellent. I don't use the LG's WebOS nor the apps on the LG UBK90. Didn't see any "abnormalities".
post #7067 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not really familiar with those, but...

I would make sure they are set to the right output range, either Limited or Full. Different devices call this setting various names. On the LG it's "Black Level" which you've said is set to Low. You could switch to high while watching something and immediately notice if the problem is corrected.

I would also make sure those devices aren't changing or modifying the picture(source) in any way. You want a pass-through or direct mode if available.

If you're not familiar with these devices then I would suggest you take time to go through the manuals and check forums for any tips. (like this and device forum http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/psa-the-x9s-outputs-wrong-color-levels.5054/)

Thank you for your help but regarding those TV box I'm sure abut settings I've checked in their forum and others fourm for zidoo TV box , as I said the issue from my LG Oled C8 because also I have Nvidia shield TV when playback same issue the black picture.
honestly "Black Level" I switched to high while I was watching movies nothing change.

Someone told me my screen needs make calibration but I don't have a professional to make it.
post #7068 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkat007 View Post
I also had connection issues when TV was connected to both lan and wifi at same time. TV seems to be trying to 'bridge' the two connections which is causing 'handshake' problems and various other issues while streaming content from Netflix for me. I have no problems if I eliminate either one of them and use the other.
Why would you be connecting to both at the same time? If you have a wired connection, just use a gigabit switch so that all of your devices are hardwired. That's what I do. I never use WiFi for my HTS.
post #7069 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Why would you be connecting to both at the same time? If you have a wired connection, just use a gigabit switch so that all of your devices are hardwired. That's what I do. I never use WiFi for my HTS.
In my case, I had been using wifi, and never realized the tv maintained it's wifi connection when I added the lan cable. I think in some cases, people have had better speed through wifi than lan, although, I have never experienced that myself.
post #7070 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Noise coming from dark or black areas of the screen when streaming can be caused by many things, other than the TV. The cameras used to record low light conditions, compression processing by Netflix, and to a much lesser extent, the TV and it's settings. I would only use UHD disks to evaluate TV side of things.
I guess the camera used in extreme low light makes the noise. I see that also sometimes in a UHD disc.

Quote:
We watched episode 4 last night, via Netflix on an ATV4k and it excellent. I don't use the LG's WebOS nor the apps on the LG UBK90. Didn't see any "abnormalities".
It is only that part after the first scene and it goes to intro which has the full gray screen. I would check again later. I was just at episode 2 and the story is very nice.
post #7071 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
In my case, I had been using wifi, and never realized the tv maintained it's wifi connection when I added the lan cable. I think in some cases, people have had better speed through wifi than lan, although, I have never experienced that myself.
Our speeds are pretty much the same whether it's WiFi or ethernet. I just prefer to use ethernet to eliminate any possibility of WiFi interference because we have lots of devices on WiFi all of the time. We use a mesh WiFi system for speed and coverage but the HTS is hardwired with solid core CAT-6 cabling. I just figured I'd have the CAT-6 cable installed while we were wiring for the speakers.
post #7072 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you for your help but regarding those TV box I'm sure abut settings I've checked in their forum and others fourm for zidoo TV box , as I said the issue from my LG Oled C8 because also I have Nvidia shield TV when playback same issue the black picture.
honestly "Black Level" I switched to high while I was watching movies nothing change.

Someone told me my screen needs make calibration but I don't have a professional to make it.

Maybe see if you can post some pictures of what you're seeing?
post #7073 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Maybe see if you can post some pictures of what you're seeing?

Sorry I'm far away of screen, if you could please provide me your settings in your C8 maybe could use it and solve the issue. Thanks.
post #7074 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 3174
Quote:
Sorry I'm far away of screen, if you could please provide me your settings in your C8 maybe could use it and solve the issue. Thanks.
First thing is make sure Dynamic Contrast is off when you use Technicolor Expert for SD content. It's easy to see the negative impact on the picture when its on, it should be enable if you choose this picture mode for HDR. Do not change the black level setting from the default of Low, despite what others might suggest. For SD drop the OLED light to 40-50 range to start, contrast at 85, color at 50.

What did you use to adjust your white point settings? Those shouldn't be messed with unless you have a meter/calibration equipment. Changing those can do more harm then good, I'd set them back to the default values to start with.
Cam1977 and icic2018 like this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #7075 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
First thing is make sure Dynamic Contrast is off when you use Technicolor Expert for SD content. It's easy to see the negative impact on the picture when its on, it should be enable if you choose this picture mode for HDR. Do not change the black level setting from the default of Low, despite what others might suggest. For SD drop the OLED light to 40-50 range to start, contrast at 85, color at 50.

What did you use to adjust your white point settings? Those shouldn't be messed with unless you have a meter/calibration equipment. Changing those can do more harm then good, I'd set them back to the default values to start with.
I don't think any of that matters for what he/she is complaining about, which is gray blacks. The only time you'll get that is if your brightness is too high, or there's a mismatch with the output range, hence switching Black Level to High to match his source. (or the panel is really messed up)

That's why I asked for pictures to see what is happening.
post #7076 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQiCE View Post
What is your setting on the Genie? Is it set to output "Native"? (On my HR24, this is under Settings -> Display -> Video -> Native). If you turn it to On the Genie will output the resolution that it is receiving. So if the TV station you're watching broadcasts in 720p for example - the TV will get a 720p signal and will upscale it to 4K. If you don't have native turned on, it may be outputting the 720p signal as 1080p meaning the Genie is upscaling it and then the TV is upscaling it again. Native does take longer to change channels because it has to change resolutions and redo the HDMI handshake, but try it and see if the picture looks better.
My Genie did, in fact, have the Native setting set to "off." When I switched it "on," I seemed to notice an immediate improvement. My room is quite bright now and I didn't close the blinds so it was a bit hard to tell, but the logos on the screen and other writing seemed to be instantly sharper. I'll check it out later today with a darker room when I have a chance.

Thanks so much for your help. Love this forum!

UPDATE: I did check out the picture later today and setting the Genie to Native made a huge difference for me. Everything is perfect now, and I can't believe how good the upscaling and picture quality is on the C8 now.
LiQiCE, I WANT MORE and smurraybhm like this.

Last edited by smitty; 10-26-2018 at 06:13 PM.
post #7077 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't think any of that matters for what he/she is complaining about, which is gray blacks. The only time you'll get that is if your brightness is too high, or there's a mismatch with the output range, hence switching Black Level to High to match his source. (or the panel is really messed up)

That's why I asked for pictures to see what is happening.
And I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night I "think" some descent settings might help our forum member, pictures tend to make things look even worse. They asked for some ideas on settings, so I responded to what was requested. Try playing around with Dynamic Contrast on SD content, its easy to see how it will gray the blacks. Then jump in and start changing your white point settings, you'll end up with a wonderful picture (that's sarcasm to be clear).

I hope I can send DNice some pictures and he can calibrate my displays from South Carolina

Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #7078 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
I have a Zidoo X9S so I imagine it is very similar. Mine looks fine, blacks are very black. I do notice the quality of the exact same video (rip from my UHD disk to play through Zidoo vs actual disc in LG UP970 player) is better from the UHD disc player. Not with black levels, but with banding in colors in a sky, things like that.

Anyway, here are my settings. In your Zidoo main screen, go to Quick Settings, then in:

Playback -> Automatic Frame Rate -> set it to Switch frame and resolution.
Display -> HDMI Mode -> Auto
-> Screen scale -> 100%
-> Picture parameter -> defaults
-> HDR -> ON
-> Advanced Settings -> Deep Color Mode -> Auto
-> Color Space Mode -> YCbCr 444
-> HDMI Range Mode -> 16-235

On the TV, for non-HDR material, I use technicolor expert mode, settings:
OLED Light - 80 (daytime bright room, will lower to 50 or so at night/dark room).
Contrast - 86
Brightness - 50
Sharpness -10
Color - 50
Tint - 0
Dynamic Contrast - Off
Super Res - Off
Color Gamut - Auto
Gamma - 2.2
White Balance - All default except Color Temp to Warm1
Color Management - all default
Noise Reduction - Off
MPEG Noise Reduction - Low
Black Level - Low
Real Cinema - On
Motion eye Care -Off
TruMotion - Off

For HDR (I dont have any DV sources on my Zidoo, so this is with HDR10):
OLED Light - 100
Contrast - 100
Brightness - 50
Sharpness - 0
Color - 50
Tint - 0
Dynamic Contrast - Off
Dynamic Tone Mapping - On
Super Res - Off
Color Gamut - Auto
Gamma - 2.2
Noise Reduction - Off
Black Level - Low
Real Cinema - On
Motion eye Care -Off
TruMotion - Off

Hope that helps.
icic2018 likes this.

Last edited by TallCoolOne; 10-26-2018 at 12:27 PM.
post #7079 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
I have a Zidoo X9S so I imagine it is very similar. Mine looks fine, blacks are very black. I do notice the quality of the exact same video (rip from my UHD disk to play through Zidoo vs actual disc in LG UP970 player) is better from the UHD disc player. Not with black levels, but with banding in colors in a sky, things like that.

Anyway, here are my settings. In your Zidoo main screen, go to Quick Settings, then in:

Playback -> Automatic Frame Rate -> set it to Switch frame and resolution.

Display -> HDMI Mode -> Auto

-> Screen scale -> 100%

-> Picture parameter -> defaults

-> HDR -> ON

-> Advanced Settings -> Deep Color Mode -> Auto

-> Color Space Mode -> YCbCr 444

-> HDMI Range Mode -> Auto

On the TV, for non-HDR material, I use technicolor expert mode, settings:

OLED Light - 80 (daytime bright room, will lower to 50 or so at night/dark room).

Contrast - 86

Brightness - 50

Sharpness -10

Color - 50

Tint - 0

Dynamic Contrast - Off

Super Res - Off

Color Gamut - Auto

Gamma - 2.2

Noise Reduction - Off

Black Level - Low

Real Cinema - On

Motion eye Care -Off

TruMotion - Off

For HDR (I dont have any DV sources on my Zidoo, so this is with HDR10):

OLED Light - 100

Contrast - 100

Brightness - 50

Sharpness - 0

Color - 50

Tint - 0

Dynamic Contrast - Off

Dynamic Tone Mapping - On

Super Res - Off

Color Gamut - Auto

Gamma - 2.2

Noise Reduction - Off

Black Level - Low

Real Cinema - On

Motion eye Care -Off

TruMotion - Off

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much I will check it once I back to home. Cheers.
post #7080 of 22223 Old 10-26-2018, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Looks like an interesting box. What type of files are you using this to stream to your LG? Does the z20 have any video output settings - color space, etc? Have you tried posting a question on their forum (or on Redit if they have a user forum) to see if there is another owner out there with an LG OLED and what they are using for settings (box and display). What are you using for HDMI cables? While what your describing isn't the typical issues seen with marginal cables, I'd want to make sure I was using some that are premium certified. Finally, have you tried any other sources other than the z20 with your display. There are some dolby vision/atmos "samples" available via the apps on your display - exact app name is escaping me. Plus various other streaming options via the internal apps. If you had the elevated blacks with other content then a display problem would be very likely. Still think its something that isn't set up right between the x20 and your LG.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page