2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 318 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78887Likes

post #9511 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4421 Post(s)
Liked: 6700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post
This issue is much more then microblocking. If I watch something that has microblocking on my b7 in the bedroom sure I will see it. But then if I put that same scene with micro blocking it looks much worst because the brightness jumps up and shows the blocks much much more. This can be seen from any distance from the screen. I had other 77c8 and I never noticed this issue but I noticed it on this one with in like a week of owning it so it could be some sets are worst then others or don’t do it at all.
This is the key.

If it was only macroblocking, this wouldn't happen and cause a flickering flashing mess:

iSeries likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have no idea what yall are seeing but this video posted in the 2017 thread may be helpful. I think he is talking about it in the last couple minutes of the video. He says he doesnt see anything out of the ordinary.https://youtu.be/TthtKfCOzmU

Last edited by yogi6807; 12-07-2018 at 10:26 AM.
post #9513 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post
Whole lotta new users in this thread, me being one of them. Took delivery of a 65 C8 yesterday courtesy of a great black Friday deal and have a few questions:

1. How can I remove "live tv" from the active input list? I thought I told the tv durning the setup wizard that I don't have live tv but there it is.

2. HDR10 UHD 4k discs look incredible! Dolby Vision discs with the "Cinema Home" picture setting seem to have crushed blacks; do I have my black level set incorrectly (low vs high) or should I increase the OLED light beyond 50 like RTINGs recommends if black crush is encountered?

3. I'm running all of my devices (PS4 Pro, UHD player, Apple TV) through a receiver to HDMI 2 (ARC), but that means having to manually enable/disable game mode whenever I'm using the PS4. Is there a workaround for this? If I put the PS4 Pro on its own HDMI port on the television, will it send audio back to the receiver? I'm concerned that only one of the ports is marked ARC...

4. I know that "warm2" is the correct temperature setting, but in many picture modes those options are replaced with a numerical slider; what is the W# value equivalent to Warm2?

Thanks all!
Hello, congratz on getting an oled.

1. Not sure about this
2.I would just increase the oled light. Increasing the brightness setting wil crush the blacks even more. You can try a different gamma but I would just use Rtings settings. if you have the extra cash laying around, get your TV calibrated. It is seriously an amazing difference.
3. Correct, only HDMI 2 is ARC. So you're saying because all of the devices run through your receiver, you have to end up changing the TV picture mode to game mode? To answer your question, there's no work around to that. Also, I don't mean this to be rude in any way but when I play on my PS4, i find surround sound from speakers distracting. I actually prefer just getting a pair of turtle beach headphones and use the surround on that. It's pretty accurate and this would allow you to put the PS4 on it's separate HDMI.
4. The closest to warm 2 on the slider is w45 - 50. I actually got my "game mode" calibrated last year and this was the closest setting to my ISF bright room/ 2.2 gamma calibration. Game mode purposely disables the CMS (color management system) and other features to allow low input lag.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

LGOLED65C7P | OPPO UPD-203 | Denon AVR-X6400H | Klipsch RP-280F X2 | Klipsch RP-450C | Klipsch RP-160M X2 | KEF Q100 X2 | HSU Research VTF-3 MK5
LGOLED65C8P
LGOLED55E7P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9514 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalder19 View Post
Could all the flashing macroblocking just be a bad ootb calibration? I've read a few people say it isn't as bad if you change some settings so can it be it's a calibration issue? Maybe that's why Vincent didn't see it in his latest video? But I also remember they issued a firmware update late last year on the c7 to fix near black noise..so who knows..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalder19 View Post
just remembered that with pausing the video it goes away...so that would probably rule out calibration.
Yep. Also, some of us seeing this have done multiple calibrations with our own kit. I do see it happening by different amounts in different modes, but there is no accurate calibration which eliminates it.

What does hide it a bit, is deliberately crushing the blacks by lowering the brightness control - but then you are also throwing away real picture shadow detail as well. But that's a work-around with a serious side effect, not a solution :-)

@yogi6807 yes Vincent's recent video is what restarted this discussion a couple of days ago, he appealed for more examples because he chose a clip which didn't show it well enough on his panel. This problem is not just macroblocking which as Vincent says is common in consumer OLEDs. This is different. I believe Vincent now has enough examples to check over so we need to wait for his next update.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #9515 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
Thanks, and yes, that's what I figured I might have to do eventually. I just found it odd that it wasn't showing on the set that an update was available, and I'd like to understand the explanation for it and how to fix it. After all, there might be future updates, and you should haven't to check the LG site or this forum to see if there is an update. That's why the set has automatic updates, or the ability to manually check for updates, right?

Maybe I should try the unplugging trick.
Only a single example and anecdotal, but... I have another LG 4K Smart TV I got a couple years ago for black friday. In all that time, it received maybe one OTA update, despite periodic checks. At first I figured it was a model made specifically for Best Buy and specifically for black friday, so LG may have just abandoned it, but it turns out they've been releasing updates, including one earlier this year. I think their OTA update system is a bit bugged, and sometimes certain sets just "fall off" the list and never get any updates, even though there are some available.
smitty likes this.
post #9516 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I am sure you are not the only one.....
10:25 am pacific , manual check (x2), still on .06 in San Diego
post #9517 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandu View Post
10:25 am pacific , manual check (x2), still on .06 in San Diego
Why not manually update? I just did to 4.10.15
post #9518 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Belt View Post
Why not manually update? I just did to 4.10.15
Attempt to manually update = "No Update Available"
Automatic Update is turned on as well. It's not a big deal to me, it will get updated when it does.
I posted my results so others could see they weren't being left out

Last edited by Gandu; 12-07-2018 at 10:53 AM.
post #9519 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I meant downloading from the LG Support, unzipping, and doing it via USB
post #9520 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin-X View Post
PC mode for SDR, Game mode (by changing the basic color setting to match the accurate modes and changing color temp to w45-50) for HDR. Only PC game I have experience with is Rise of the Tomb Raider, which I played in 1080p/120hz mode at full rgb in PC mode. I tried it in HDR mode but my GTX970 takes a huge hit from HDR. I haven't upgraded because the 1000 series jacked up the price, then crypto mining jacked it up even higher and when it came down it basically only came back down to MRSP, then Nvidia tripled down on price gouging with the 2000 series. So I got an Xbox One X. Hoping AMD can make a CPU style return to the gpu realm.

Can you post some pics of what you are seeing in the different modes? I don't recall much banding in full RGB mode on PC. Here are some pics of color banding on PC mode HDR on Xbox One X vs no banding on non-PC Game mode.
Thanks for the info and screenshots. I get what you're saying about Nvidia jacking the prices up. Fortunately I already have a 1080ti so I'm skipping these 2000 series.
Regarding the TV: I'm currently using PC mode for SDR and HDR. I'm using HDR on the desktop as well and the TV automatically switches to SDR (Expert bright room with tru motion pro engaged) whenever I start a game that doesn't support HDR (some non-HDR games stay in HDR mode though when not full screen).
I don't have pictures of banding at hand, but I always check the banding via this site: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php
With PC mode in HDR the gradient is not smooth but has some transitions that go from a brighter shade to a darker shade, when it really only should get brighter and brighter (from left to right). For some reason this happens too in PC mode in SDR and full RGB (limited is good though). I wonder how it looks on your end.
post #9521 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
Most TVs have the mounting holes pretty close to the center. LG on the other hand tends to have them very close to the bottom of the TV on the OLED models. This is usually what causes issues for the positioning of wall mounts.

So a mount placed in such a way that most TVs would be in a good position would put the LG OLED much too high. A mount put in a good place for the LG OLED would put most TVs much too low.
@Blackman

I thought this same thing when upgrading to my 77" C8, I was convinced I would have to remove my mount and reposition it. But I tried just putting the C8 on it as is and it actually looks pretty good there. It wasn't drastically too high like I thought it would be...the center is slightly above eye level but it looks great. So maybe just try it and see before punching new holes in your wall
post #9522 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Shortly after I got my C8 I noticed that the picture seemed blurry, even after the firmware update. I commented to my wife about this and she suggested I clean my glasses. This turned out to be a better improvement to the PQ than the calibration I did!
smitty, Glenee, pecasbo and 4 others like this.
post #9523 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post
Whole lotta new users in this thread, me being one of them. Took delivery of a 65 C8 yesterday courtesy of a great black Friday deal and have a few questions:

1. How can I remove "live tv" from the active input list? I thought I told the tv durning the setup wizard that I don't have live tv but there it is.

2. HDR10 UHD 4k discs look incredible! Dolby Vision discs with the "Cinema Home" picture setting seem to have crushed blacks; do I have my black level set incorrectly (low vs high) or should I increase the OLED light beyond 50 like RTINGs recommends if black crush is encountered?

3. I'm running all of my devices (PS4 Pro, UHD player, Apple TV) through a receiver to HDMI 2 (ARC), but that means having to manually enable/disable game mode whenever I'm using the PS4. Is there a workaround for this? If I put the PS4 Pro on its own HDMI port on the television, will it send audio back to the receiver? I'm concerned that only one of the ports is marked ARC...

4. I know that "warm2" is the correct temperature setting, but in many picture modes those options are replaced with a numerical slider; what is the W# value equivalent to Warm2?

Thanks all!
1. I don't know if you can remove it, never tried..I don't use it either but I just ignore it.
2. When I first got my C8 everything had crushed blacks, especially DV discs. I had to set my Black Level to High to alleviate it (obviously not the correct setting). Over time though the TV adjusted itself (constantly moved towards less black crush during first 100 hours) and by around 100 hours it was totally fine and I was able to set my Black Level back to Low. So give it time, maybe raise you brightness or change black level like I did, but it will work itself out.
3. You can put the PS4 on a different HDMI input on the TV, then your picture mode will be remembered for that input. Just use the TV's ARC port for the one you connect the receiver's monitor out to, then you should get audio from the PS4 via ARC on the receiver.
4. You probably mean the Standard/Vivid modes, they have a C number for Color Temperature, like C20 on Standard. I don't know exactly what temperature each C number translates to, perhaps someone who knows can chime in...I don't use those modes.
post #9524 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman View Post
Sorry to hear people are still having issues with lg oleds. I own an e6 and it has a bunch of processing issues that won’t go away such as motion artifacts on occasion and blochy black crush issues in dark scenes, really horrible. I needed a new tv for another location and just wasn’t willing to go lg oled again, went with a 75 inch Sony 900f, very happy with it, especially for the money. I never understood how the problems I see with my e6 weren’t brought up as a major issue with all the reviewers, they all fawned over it, said it was just about perfect. Ah the cult of oled, glad I escaped! Regards. Ned.

The cult of LCD. Will be sure to return the favor and pop into the OWNERS thread for the 900F and discuss blooming - hot topic over there as I follow the thread but have the courtesy to not post about the lack of blooming on my OLED since I don't own a 900F

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #9525 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHXBR View Post
I have Dish which currently doesn't allow many choices for setting the resolution on the Hopper 3 DVR. The choices for output are 4K, 1080p, 1080i all lumped together, or 720p, 480p & 480.
No setting to output native resolution. When checking the output resolution on my C8 it indicates 1080i as the broadcast source. On a good note the C8 handles 1080p sources well but not to many broadcast sources except pay channels/ movies.
Yeah unfortunately DISH chose to upscale everything to 1080i (except for 1080p and 4K of course). Apparently they tried out the Native mode but lots of users complained about the flashing that occurs when they change channels due to the resolutions switching. I think Dish has poor upscaling to 1080i. Also, I don't know if this is still true, but they used to use an "HD Lite" flavor where they were compressing their HD down to 1440x1080i instead of 1920. I'm still on Dish too but have always been disappointed in their picture quality on any TV I've had. I watch lots of hockey and switched to the NHL.tv streaming on my ATV instead of Dish because the picture quality even at 720p streaming is far better than the NHL Center Ice on DISH ever was. I never rent PPV movies on Dish either anymore, the quality compared to the streaming options is much worse. DirecTV is known to have much better picture quality, unfortunately for me my wife wants some of the international offerings on Dish which is why we stick with it.

And of course now with a bigger screen and an OLED it just brings out all the horrible imperfections in the source.
calfcramp likes this.
post #9526 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
The cult of LCD. Will be sure to return the favor and pop into the OWNERS thread for the 900F and discuss blooming - hot topic over there as I follow the thread but have the courtesy to not post about the lack of blooming on my OLED since I don't own a 900F
I own both technologies and neither is perfect, that’s for sure. For what I watch and for what each does well, I’m very happy with the 900f. All I can say is that the deficiencies of my e6 are more egregious than those of my led panels, my older Sony 950b or the 900f. This is my first visit to the oled 8 thread and people still seem to complain about similar issues I had with my e6. All I can say is that most people on the 900f thread seem to be extremely satisfied with their panels, love most of what they do, complain very little about what they don’t. Part of it may also be the value proposition as you can get 75s and 85s at much lower price points for the size matters crowd. And Sony processing is excellent and tames many of the inherent problems of led technology. Not haunting, just visiting and sharing observations. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
post #9527 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I'll try again as I think most do not have the LG 77 inch C8.

May I ask a member here that has the LG 77inch C8 to measure one of the two bottom holes to the bottom edge of the TV. Yes I want to see the Difference between my Sony 9400E to the LG Oled. I think the wall mount will have be be lowered a bit to make the Middle (up and down) of the TV to match our eyes whilst sitting in our lounge.
thanks
I measure it at 8".
post #9528 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked: 2316
Quote:
I own both technologies and neither is perfect, that’s for sure. For what I watch and for what each does well, I’m very happy with the 900f. All I can say is that the deficiencies of my e6 are more egregious than those of my led panels, my older Sony 950b or the 900f. This is my first visit to the oled 8 thread and people still seem to complain about similar issues I had with my e6. All I can say is that most people on the 900f thread seem to be extremely satisfied with their panels, love most of what they do, complain very little about what they don’t. Part of it may also be the value proposition as you can get 75s and 85s at much lower price points for the size matters crowd. And Sony processing is excellent and tames many of the inherent problems of led technology. Not haunting, just visiting and sharing observations. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
I'm extremely happy with my OLED and have none of the issues that some have reported.
post #9529 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite5 View Post
I agree! While playing from the built in Netflix and Primevideo TV apps, with Truemotion off, and Real Cinema On, I can definitely perceive a mild soap opera effect. How did you manage to turn off Real Cinema for HDR though? I really need that workaround desperately. If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
Am I getting this correctly? Are there picture modes where you cannot turn off motion interpolation completely and Dolby Vision is one of them?
As others have said, Real Cinema does not do interpolation, so I'm not sure what you are seeing. I proved this in a previous post when this topic came up:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57079338

Maybe you have found some bug though where it is turning TruMotion on when it shouldn't in some circumstances, maybe repeat my test to see if interpolation is truly occurring for you when Real Motion is On but TM off...then you can definitively say you have found an issue.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #9530 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I'm extremely happy with my OLED and have none of the issues that some have reported.
That’s fantastic! It’s terrible to try and step up to buy a product that attempts to deliver the state of the art only to be frustrated by problems or the product falling short of expectations and over hyped reviews. Glad that oled 8 is issue free for you. Like I said, I considered the 8 but after my underwhelming experience with my e6, wasn’t willing to go oled again. I understand the potential but there are also fantastic led panels out here as well, that’s where I chose to go. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
post #9531 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I looked at the 85" Sony 900F in detail as it came down to that or the 77" LG C8 for me. The street price is actually very comparable between the two so price was not the deciding factor for me. I agree that had I bought the 900F I would have been happy with it, especially at 85", but I would have been happy knowing that it came with its limitations that I observed (blooming and non-perfect blacks is one of them). It is a mid-range TV by Sony and it has its shortcomings, people who buy it are probably aware of those and are happy with their purchase in spite of those...hence not much complaining going on. With the OLED, it seems users expect perfection, so they complain a lot more. I for one am happy with my decision for the OLED, the extra 8" of screen would have been nice on the Sony, but that is pretty much the only "+" for it that I have checked in the pros/cons list I made for each one when I was deciding. Oh I also had written "theoretically better motion" on the Sony because that is what people generally claimed, but honestly I could not see much of a difference when doing close up comparisons, perhaps I'm not as susceptible to the motion issues others see.
smitty and tigerfan33 like this.
post #9532 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6401 Post(s)
Liked: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiecesfit View Post
Wanted to provide an update with my panel issues. LG Service showed up today. The tech did a livestream with the service center and took pictures. They said the vertical opaque 3 inch bar was within spec. So my panel replacement was not approved. In addition they reset all my custom calibrations, which also reset my panel hours to 0. So frustrating.
Did you store your settings?
post #9533 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 3127
Quote:

Ned - I guess you missed the message about this being an "LG 8 series owners thread" and that's the real point of my response. I own LCDs, but only post (outside of a basic question like how ARC works) in owner threads where I actually own the display in question. Given this continues to happen with members like yourself, I've asked the Mods for help since a number of other threads (like the Sony A8F) seemed to be policed more actively - but its hard to take action until notified. Non-owner posts seem to be prevalent in all the LG threads, its beyond old, IMO of course. Regards.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #9534 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Automatic Update is turned on as well. It's not a big deal to me, it will get updated when it does.
I posted my results so others could see they weren't being left out
I just don't understand all the gnashing of teeth when the fix is simple.
post #9535 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Did you store your settings?
I did but not my most recent. It's okay since I did the calibration can re-run it.
post #9536 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Ned - I guess you missed the message about this being an "LG 8 series owners thread" and that's the real point of my response. I own LCDs, but only post (outside of a basic question like how ARC works) in owner threads where I actually own the display in question. Given this continues to happen with members like yourself, I've asked the Mods for help since a number of other threads (like the Sony A8F) seemed to be policed more actively - but its hard to take action until notified. Non-owner posts seem to be prevalent in all the LG threads, its beyond old, IMO of course. Regards.
I can understand your perspective but I don’t have a problem with some cross pollination across threads as long as the dialogue remains civil and constructive. It’s certainly easy enough for anyone on the thread to ignore or skip over my notes or for someone to state that they don’t have any issues and love the panel and engage in a conversation. And as you pointed out, different moderators have different perspectives as well and seem to allow cross pollination as long as it remains civil, freedom of speak, first amendment and all of that! Regards. Ned.
post #9537 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Belt View Post
Sorry, I meant downloading from the LG Support, unzipping, and doing it via USB
I'm in San Diego as well. After checking almost every day for the OTA update and not getting it, I just downloaded the new firmware from LG's site and updated with no problem. Hardest part was actually getting the USB stick connected to the TV since its mounted on the wall and I have very little clearance back there. New firmware looks great so far.
post #9538 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can understand your perspective but I don’t have a problem with some cross pollination across threads as long as the dialogue remains civil and constructive. It’s certainly easy enough for anyone on the thread to ignore or skip over my notes or for someone to state that they don’t have any issues and love the panel and engage in a conversation
The reason we have different threads on web forums is to help organise the discussions and prevent duplication. There are already dedicated threads for comparisons of LCD vs OLED, and also dedicated "help me choose" threads. This is not one of them.
smurraybhm and rkammer like this.

post #9539 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 01:20 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
This is the key.

If it was only macroblocking, this wouldn't happen and cause a flickering flashing mess:

Wait,

1) so @Cam1977 persisted this near-black issue with flashing pixels is just macroblocking so now others are resigning to also calling it macroblocking, but you do not?

and

2) with your illustration you now seem to indicate you think it is linked to the luminance fluctuation issue that fw 4.10.15 was supposed to have fixed.

So it wasn't fixed and these issues, the near-black flashing pixels, and/or the macroblocking with luminance fluctuations are related?

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki

Last edited by RBO; 12-07-2018 at 01:32 PM.
post #9540 of 19307 Old 12-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
The reason we have different threads on web forums is to help organise the discussions and prevent duplication. There are already dedicated threads for comparisons of LCD vs OLED, and also dedicated "help me choose" threads. This is not one of them.
So serious. I hopped into the thread, read a note and engaged in conversation. Get over it. Really. Have a martini or two! Regards. Ned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page