2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 365 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81964Likes

post #10921 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Reporting back on my C8 purchase, and I am enjoying it thoroughly. Yes I do have some mild black crush and the much discussed macroblocking (eg. chrominance overshoot) from time to time, which is only rarely visible in real life content. Other than that the image is gorgeous and by far the best TV I ever had. It is miles away from any of my previous LCDs, a technology to which I think I will never be able to go back.
HDR looks amazing without any glow, bleed or blooming.

I have now finally purchased a Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray player to complement my C8. I do have a question to those of you that have this combination: do you enable both HDR Optimizer in the player and the Dynamic Tone Mapping in the TV or only one of them?
Any other settings I should be aware of?

PS. BTW, i find the upscaling of the Panasonic superior to both my old K8500 player and the C8 tv.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

TV: LG 55C8 / Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic UB820 / AVR: Denon X6200W
Speakers: ELAC Debut 2xF6, 1xC5, 2xB6, 1xS12EQ

Last edited by escu; 12-31-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10922 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 09:35 AM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by escu View Post
PS. BTW, i find the upscaling of the Panasonic superior to both my old K8500 player and the C8 tv.

I agree, the C8 is the best I've owned as well. Sorry, I can't answer your question since I do not have the Panasonic.

But, I'm curious about your scaling comment. The C8 still converts what you see on screen with its own native scaling process as the last in the component chain. So, why do you say your Panasonic scales better?
calfcramp likes this.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
post #10923 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2400 Post(s)
Liked: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
I agree, the C8 is the best I've owned as well. Sorry, I can't answer your question since I do not have the Panasonic.

But, I'm curious about your scaling comment. The C8 still converts what you see on screen with its own native scaling process as the last in the component chain. So, why do you say your Panasonic scales better?
My assumption would be it’s based on streaming, Blu-ray’s or DVD’s since the Panny has no HDMI input like the Oppo 203/205.

Interesting comment, but I do the same thing with my players as far as Blu-ray’s go. Never had the urge to run DTV or my ATV4ks through the Oppos. Find that both LGs do a good enough job for me - when applicable.
RBO and calfcramp like this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 77" C9, 65” B7a (SOLD) and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Outlaw monoblocks, PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10924 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 09:46 AM

Liked: 12
I made some tests with an 1080p Blu Ray:
1. Panasonic UB 820 Set to output 4K (Blu-Ray player does the upscaling)
2. Samsung KS8500 Set to output 4K (Blu-Ray player does the upscaling)
3. Set the output of either of the above blu ray players to 1080p (LG does the upscaling)

Subjectively I find 1. a bit better than the 2. and 3. I find 2. and 3. the same to the point I do not see any difference.
RBO and calfcramp like this.

TV: LG 55C8 / Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic UB820 / AVR: Denon X6200W
Speakers: ELAC Debut 2xF6, 1xC5, 2xB6, 1xS12EQ
post #10925 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2404 Post(s)
Liked: 2731
Quote:
Reporting back on my C8 purchase, and I am enjoying it thoroughly. Yes I do have some mild black crush and the much discussed macroblocking (eg. chrominance overshoot) from time to time, which is only rarely visible in real life content. Other than that the image is gorgeous and by far the best TV I ever had. It is miles away from any of my previous LCDs, a technology to which I think I will never be able to go back.
HDR looks amazing without any glow, bleed or blooming.

I have now finally purchased a Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray player to complement my C8. I do have a question to those of you that have this combination: do you enable both HDR Optimizer in the player and the Dynamic Tone Mapping in the TV or only one of them?
Any other settings I should be aware of?

Good question. Try both options and let us know what you think. I'd assume the 820 probably doing a little better job but it will probably be really close. Would like to hear about your findings. I have the 9000 coming later next month.

I used the 820 with my old E6 and it definitely produced the absolute best image quality the E6 was capable of. The HDR Optimizer made a considerable improvement on that set.

Last edited by drewTT; 12-31-2018 at 09:59 AM.
post #10926 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 09:48 AM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
@smurraybhm , I gave it a try with my Oppo 205 and FIOS DVR when I was still using my 65" C8. But it made no difference and I didn't like powering on my Oppo if I wasn't playing SACDs or Blu-rays. Thanks for the reply.
calfcramp and smurraybhm like this.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
post #10927 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
I only laugh at questions that clearly show the person asking has not read a single page of the thread whatsoever before posting a query. The last one I laughed at asked a silly question that was posted on the Last Page of this thread which had 6 or 7 comments on the very topic issue he queried. And the topic had dominated the last 5 pages of this thread just prior to his asking. That is risible.

Your question however is essentially a "should you upgrade to OLED.?" query. Short answer: It depends.

1) Does the type of TV you would upgrade from still work well and satisfy your viewing habits?
2) Do you plan to upgrade other components to make full use of a 4k OLED?
3) Or are you merely going to continue your current viewing habits?
4) Size matters with upscaling SD on 4k OLEDs. The larger the screen the more you need to compromise your expectations. What size are you considering?

I would say your current viewing habits would be well satisfied by a DLP rear projection TV. Most sports broadcasts are still in 720P. Most broadcast television is limited in 1080i. Many DLP are native 720p sets and some upscale very well to 1080i. Some are native 1080p resolution. And DLP handles notion interpolation beautifully, which is important to sports viewing. So, hopefully you currently own a DLP and I would say stick with it. Replacement bulbs are cheap on Amazon. My boys still use mine for gaming mostly.

If you have an LCD or a plasma and it serves your needs stick with it. Why would you upgrade if your viewing needs are not going to change?
Thanks!

1. It's a 46" 11 year old Sony LCD that still works fine but who knows for how much longer
2. Probably not but who knows
3. Probably continue the way we watch but I might get Netflix again
4. I would only be going with a 55"

Thanks again.
post #10928 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
my personal opinion is you can buy it, bring it home, set it up then use the Technicolor video preset and enjoy your picture. The technicolor preset is as close to an accurate picture as you can get without a professional calibration.

Overtime you can tweak the settings to your liking.

As for standard definition video, it actually depends on the source of the material. Some standard definition is done well and when it up scales it looks good and then some looks grainy, video washed out. It all depends on what the signal is coming in, the upscale is only going to be as good as the quality of the signal.

I say, if you can afford it go with oled because it gives you the best picture and you have some good options in there that you can advance your home theater if you need to.

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
Thank you. 👍
post #10929 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7621 Post(s)
Liked: 7693
Quote:
I made some tests with an 1080p Blu Ray:
1. Panasonic UB 820 Set to output 4K (Blu-Ray player does the upscaling)
2. Samsung KS8500 Set to output 4K (Blu-Ray player does the upscaling)
3. Set the output of either of the above blu ray players to 1080p (LG does the upscaling)

Subjectively I find 1. a bit better than the 2. and 3. I find 2. and 3. the same to the point I do not see any difference.
Panasonic seems to be the go to player now-a-days.
escu likes this.
post #10930 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4030 Post(s)
Liked: 2892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Panasonic seems to be the go to player now-a-days.

Unless you went a little overbudget on your HTS and then the LG UBK90 is a nice alternative for a no-frills UHD player. It does play quite nicely with the C8, at least so far.
calfcramp likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #10931 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thunder07 View Post
At the risk of getting laughed out of this thread....Does anyone buy one of these and just watch it or do I have to expect to spend hour after hour trying to find the "sweet spot" for the picture?

1. We have DTV non 4K
2. We watch movies and regular tv mostly with some sports and NASCAR races
3. We have one HD OTA channel and two SD channels. How will SD look upconverted?
4. Should I keep looking at OLED's or move on to something else?

Thanks!
I can't provide definitive answers, but I can share my experience.

1. I have Comcast / Xfinity cable.
2. "Watch" (half-focused - TV is just often on without dedicated viewing) a lot of dumb old reruns like police procedurals, sitcoms, etc. Also watch football (American and "world" versions ). Sometimes additional sporting events. Also documentaries, particularly nature oriented.
3. Watch broadcast movies via Xfinity; also watch movies via Amazon Prime and Netflix (both of which offer 4K under our plans). Movies we try for 4K and look for HDR / DV options, but have watched something we wanted to see even if only available in HD (we've only gone to the trouble of watching one SD movie other than through Comcast broadcast stuff, because we (I) wanted to watch it and it wasn't otherwise available in higher definition via our streaming options).
4. No UHD player, and I am unlikely to get one. I have a pre-UHD Oppo player, and a bunch of Blu-rays (including 3D) and regular DVDs, but hadn't bought a Blu-ray disc in a couple of years, so holding off on the player. I have purchased a few streaming UHD movies and will likely buy more, but we are not intense enough critical viewers to entice me to buy a bunch of physical media.

We upgraded to OLED from a Samsung LCD that was "high end" when purchased in 2012. The Samsung was slowly showing signs of dying, so we made the move to LG OLED. Still hope to get some viewing out of the Samsung since it is 3D and we have a number of 3D discs that we've enjoyed - but the Samsung is now in a bedroom / guestroom and doesn't have an audio system to go with the dying panel.

Completely happy with the LG OLED. We also have a 55" display as space constraints don't allow us to go bigger. Great PQ and a clear upgrade when watching 4K. Some of the HDR / DV stuff is amazing. For SD content via Comcast or elsewhere, it's mostly fine and comparable to our prior display - not worse but not improved either as far as I can tell. There is some crappy content out there (thinking really old TV series like Psych or some other older stuff we watch occasionally) but it looks no worse than on the prior Samsung. I've read / heard anecdotally that some crappy source content can really show its flaws on bigger displays, but coming from a 55" to an OLED 55" we haven't noticed degradation. Our LG is not calibrated; we used various setting options found in this thread and elsewhere and tweaked to our liking - it's not hard to get to a great PQ using only web resources and user-adjustable settings.

I should also note that I deliberately did not put my display through various torture tests, etc. -- I'd done that in the past, but resolved not to do it this time. Had I noticed anything (banding, other visual distractions) in normal content, I'd have done a more serious deep-dive on the display such as grey slides, etc. before my return period expired - but since we haven't seen anything distracting or bothersome in normal content, we're just enjoying the display.

In sum, very happy to have moved to an LG OLED. Crappy source content doesn't look "worse" than it otherwise would, and high quality source content is a very clear upgrade - some of it mind-blowingly stunning visually. I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade again in the same circumstances we found ourselves 5 or so months earlier.
RavenBF and 11thunder07 like this.
post #10932 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Spam

Viewing forum with Safari in IPad. Keep getting full screen spam saying since I’m using Time Warner internet I can win a prize. Cancel or continue option do the same thing. Previous page < just repeats current screen. Anybody else getting this junk?
post #10933 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post
I had calibrated technicolor with Warm2, that changed to Warm1 which is default setting for that preset.
I´m not sure if it just me or maby also isf-bright color gamut (I´m not sure about terms, I have finnish menus ) changed from automatic to wide, I would check that.
I would also check gamma setting, seems that is changed to BT.1886 from 2.4 which should be same thing however.
Thanks for this. Still contemplating if it's worth updating if no problem is visible.

EQUIPMENT:LG OLED77C8PUA (ISF calibrated by Jeff Meier)-OPPO BDP-203 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Marantz 7703 Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-Outlaw Model 5000 amplifier-2 Mythos 4-1 Mythos 8-2 Mythos BPX-2 NHT Super Zeros-4 SVS Prime Elevation speakers-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Elite-Xbox One S-Roku Ultra streaming player
post #10934 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgcss View Post
Viewing forum with Safari in IPad. Keep getting full screen spam saying since I’m using Time Warner internet I can win a prize. Cancel or continue option do the same thing. Previous page < just repeats current screen. Anybody else getting this junk?
Yes. Getting the same thing but saying I am a Comcast user. Only happens while on AVS Forum on my Ipad. Did a complete reset of the Ipad and the issue still reoccurred. I started using Firefox on my Ipad and haven't had the issue in a few days.
post #10935 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt99 View Post
I can't provide definitive answers, but I can share my experience.

1. I have Comcast / Xfinity cable.
2. "Watch" (half-focused - TV is just often on without dedicated viewing) a lot of dumb old reruns like police procedurals, sitcoms, etc. Also watch football (American and "world" versions ). Sometimes additional sporting events. Also documentaries, particularly nature oriented.
3. Watch broadcast movies via Xfinity; also watch movies via Amazon Prime and Netflix (both of which offer 4K under our plans). Movies we try for 4K and look for HDR / DV options, but have watched something we wanted to see even if only available in HD (we've only gone to the trouble of watching one SD movie other than through Comcast broadcast stuff, because we (I) wanted to watch it and it wasn't otherwise available in higher definition via our streaming options).
4. No UHD player, and I am unlikely to get one. I have a pre-UHD Oppo player, and a bunch of Blu-rays (including 3D) and regular DVDs, but hadn't bought a Blu-ray disc in a couple of years, so holding off on the player. I have purchased a few streaming UHD movies and will likely buy more, but we are not intense enough critical viewers to entice me to buy a bunch of physical media.

We upgraded to OLED from a Samsung LCD that was "high end" when purchased in 2012. The Samsung was slowly showing signs of dying, so we made the move to LG OLED. Still hope to get some viewing out of the Samsung since it is 3D and we have a number of 3D discs that we've enjoyed - but the Samsung is now in a bedroom / guestroom and doesn't have an audio system to go with the dying panel.

Completely happy with the LG OLED. We also have a 55" display as space constraints don't allow us to go bigger. Great PQ and a clear upgrade when watching 4K. Some of the HDR / DV stuff is amazing. For SD content via Comcast or elsewhere, it's mostly fine and comparable to our prior display - not worse but not improved either as far as I can tell. There is some crappy content out there (thinking really old TV series like Psych or some other older stuff we watch occasionally) but it looks no worse than on the prior Samsung. I've read / heard anecdotally that some crappy source content can really show its flaws on bigger displays, but coming from a 55" to an OLED 55" we haven't noticed degradation. Our LG is not calibrated; we used various setting options found in this thread and elsewhere and tweaked to our liking - it's not hard to get to a great PQ using only web resources and user-adjustable settings.

I should also note that I deliberately did not put my display through various torture tests, etc. -- I'd done that in the past, but resolved not to do it this time. Had I noticed anything (banding, other visual distractions) in normal content, I'd have done a more serious deep-dive on the display such as grey slides, etc. before my return period expired - but since we haven't seen anything distracting or bothersome in normal content, we're just enjoying the display.

In sum, very happy to have moved to an LG OLED. Crappy source content doesn't look "worse" than it otherwise would, and high quality source content is a very clear upgrade - some of it mind-blowingly stunning visually. I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade again in the same circumstances we found ourselves 5 or so months earlier.
Thanks, I was worried about that.
post #10936 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
Liked: 4934
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiss View Post
Yes. Getting the same thing but saying I am a Comcast user. Only happens while on AVS Forum on my Ipad. Did a complete reset of the Ipad and the issue still reoccurred. I started using Firefox on my Ipad and haven't had the issue in a few days.
Been doing this for ages on my iPads. Something on AVS side. Downloaded an ad blocker and issue resolved.
post #10937 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:

I alternate between my iPad and laptop and haven't seen that. I do use ADP like D-Nice so maybe that's it. I also switch between Firefox and Safari because I'm finding that AVS is becoming really slow to load, reply to, etc. Seems a tad bit faster on Firefox but it's still a bit clunky. No other website that I visit has that issue.
healthnut likes this.

post #10938 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If only IOS would allow us to set Firefox or Chrome as the default browser
post #10939 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Been doing this for ages on my iPads. Something on AVS side. Downloaded an ad blocker and issue resolved.
Dozens of ad blockers in App Store, which one works for you?
post #10940 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I alternate between my iPad and laptop and haven't seen that. I do use ADP like D-Nice so maybe that's it. I also switch between Firefox and Safari because I'm finding that AVS is becoming really slow to load, reply to, etc. Seems a tad bit faster on Firefox but it's still a bit clunky. No other website that I visit has that issue.
Just gave Chrome a try, still get the junk. Sometimes it take 3-4 tries to be able to get to the last unread posts before it pops up
post #10941 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
For some crazy reason. There is no tv on command. I use Google home for everything but I use Alexa to turn my tv on & off,

How are you using Alexa to turn on the tv. I've yet to figure this out.

Tony
post #10942 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just gave Chrome a try, still get the junk. Sometimes it take 3-4 tries to be able to get to the last unread posts before it pops up
Turned JavaScript off in Safari, seems to have put a stop to this crap
post #10943 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
How are you using Alexa to turn on the tv. I've yet to figure this out.

Tony
You can't turn it on with Alexa directly.

I have my Xbox one x working with Alexa and when I say Alexa turn on Xbox, my Xbox powers on and turns on my AV receiver, my tv and my fios box.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #10944 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Sound Out: Internal TV Speaker + Optical

What is the purpose of this "sound out" option ? It is starting to tick me off. I use HDMI ARC in conjunction with my HT (Marantz AV8802a) and when I turn off the HT and revert back to the sound bar (using optical), the TV always switches to "Internal TV Speaker + Optical". On previous TV's, I was always able to turn off the internal speakers and it remained off.
Am I missing something ? It would be nice if LG had a "default" option for sound out when ARC is not triggered.

Sean

Last edited by stash64; 01-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.
post #10945 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Turned JavaScript off in Safari, seems to have put a stop to this crap
Yes, doing that on an IPhone makes it usable. Almost all ads are javascript.
post #10946 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grittree View Post
Yes, doing that on an IPhone makes it usable. Almost all ads are javascript.
It fixes AVSFORUM but breaks a few other sites which deserve breaking because their is no need for JavaScript these days.
post #10947 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
What is the purpose of this "sound out" option ? It is starting to tick me off. I use HDMI ARC in conjunction with my HT (Marantz AV8802a) and when I turn off the HT and revert back to the sound bar (using optical), the TV always switches to "Internal TV Speaker + Optical". On previous TV's, I was always able to turn off the internal speakers and it remained off.
Am I missing something ? It would be nice if LG had a "default" option for sound out when ARC is not triggered.

Sounds like a CEC incompatibility, of which there is very little you can do other than disable ARC/CEC, use an optical cable from tv to your soundbar and a Harmony remote for single remote control of your system. However, you will lose ARC.

I use optical for local HDTV stations via Comcrap and everything else goes thru my receiver then to the tv. Flawless operation with a Harmony remote.

post #10948 of 23727 Old 12-31-2018, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
Liked: 4934
Quote:
Dozens of ad blockers in App Store, which one works for you?
I have Norton.
pwiss likes this.
post #10949 of 23727 Old 01-01-2019, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 1040
Installed my new 77” C8 yesterday, replacing a JVC 750 front projector. It’s an absolute game changer! After getting settings dialed in, I put on the 4k HDR disc “Rocky Mountain Express” to asses the effect of my settings, it was so involving, sharp, clear and vibrant, I ended up watching the whole thing. Yes, it’s not quite as large as my 120” screen (even moved well forward), but for my eyes, it more than compensates with its outstanding picture quality. I honestly could find to fault at all in it (and I’m quite picky). It just draws you in to the material and really is very much like looking thorough a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smitty, tbass2k, calfcramp and 8 others like this.
post #10950 of 23727 Old 01-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Installed my new 77” C8 yesterday, replacing a JVC 750 front projector. It’s an absolute game changer! After getting settings dialed in, I put on the 4k HDR disc “Rocky Mountain Express” to asses the effect of my settings, it was so involving, sharp, clear and vibrant, I ended up watching the whole thing. Yes, it’s not quite as large as my 120” screen (even moved well forward), but for my eyes, it more than compensates with its outstanding picture quality. I honestly could find to fault at all in it (and I’m quite picky). It just draws you in to the material and really is very much like looking thorough a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you are enjoying your set. Granted I have the 65" but I am still loving mine and I constantly being wow'd with new Blue Ray's and HDR/Dolby Vision programs. I hope you continue to have a good experience and welcome to the OLED world!!
Jrocker23 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , denon x3500 , eye strain , firmware update , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page