2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 378 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81490Likes

post #11311 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3966 Post(s)
Liked: 3236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
There's also a quick-and-dirty-and-not-quite-useless indicator right next to the channel once it's been autodetected and you're watching it: a little TV tower icon with one, two, or three radiating arcs indicating signal strength. I found it helpful for final positioning tweaks.
I've got 4 arcs on a couple channels, I must be special. 3 arcs seems to translate to about 70% signal strength.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11312 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3660 Post(s)
Liked: 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I found it, but its almost impossible to use.
You have to go into "Manual Channel" setup, where each channel has a "signal strength" and "signal quality". I have no idea what "Signal Quality" is supposed to mean, probably just that the tuner is able to lock and decode. You can see a 60% strength with 100% quality.
the trick here is that the channels are not displayed according to their broadcast channel number. They appear to be listed according to their UHF number. so to find the channels you receive you have to sort through 68 channels looking for them. Anyway it does work.

This is probably not very useful, or maybe even available on the C8 but on the old LG LD520 (my downstairs LCD tv and old HTS) you could get into the Host Diagnostics Menu (which is NOT in the SM so safe to enter) by clicking on Menu, clicking an option, then scroll down the vertical menu to Options, and press the number 1, five times. The Host Diagnostics screen appears that would display model number, compile date, software version, and some useful channel data, among other things. It worked great for OTA television (antenna) but doesn't report any information for cable. The normal Channel Guide would give signal strength and signal quality.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #11313 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markalark View Post
They usually do - It was more a tongue-in-cheek dig at Comcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4t3r View Post
Considering going back to satellite/cable for this reason. The ESPN feed on DTVNow is terrible, especially for this game, while the ESPN app which is usually wholly unreliable has been excellent tonight. I did try Xfinity for cable TV briefly a few years ago and remember the quality not being great then either.
Cablevision here in CT must be unusual. Anything I have watched has been good with the exception of HGTV. The game last night was sharp. I have all motion turned off and I have no movement issues whatsoever. I was very apprehensive about cable sourced material when I go this set but have no issues so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11314 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Aha! This little thing (yellow arrowed)? I've only seen it looking like this. That's really cool, thanks.

Yes, that's it!
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #11315 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I've got 4 arcs on a couple channels, I must be special. 3 arcs seems to translate to about 70% signal strength.
The fabled 4 arcs! And both you and @mrtickleuk have them in your homes. Special indeed. I remembered three, but now I'll go check to see if I have 4 arcs on anything. I know I have zero arcs on one station that must have enough quality / low enough BER to come in anyway. Most of the stations are two or three, but maybe I missed an arc. :-)
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #11316 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 5363 Post(s)
Liked: 7752
Quote:
The fabled 4 arcs! And both you and @mrtickleuk have them in your homes. Special indeed. I remembered three, but now I'll go check to see if I have 4 arcs on anything. I know I have zero arcs on one station that must have enough quality / low enough BER to come in anyway. Most of the stations are two or three, but maybe I missed an arc. :-)
if you have a consistent reading of 3 arcs, you can use the manual tuning page (posted yesterday) which does give the number as a percentage and we can work out what the ranges are for each arc

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #11317 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7019 Post(s)
Liked: 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
So. . . as others have already said. . . firmware fix for macroblocking/flashing blacks/chrominence overshoot is reportedly coming.

But likely not before my 90-day return policy expires.

Decisions to make regarding trust (in LG), whether HDMI 2.1 and eARC are worth the hassle of a return (and possibly more in the future if next one is a dud). Etc.

I feel like I got a good panel right out of the gate here, flashing black issue aside.
Ya, know we have choices like this all the time...lol. At least you realize the grass may not be greener on the other side. Another option, you could take that set back if you do not like it, get the C9, if its no better snag a C8 on closeout?
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #11318 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ordered an E8 55" on Sat. Estimated delivery next Tues., but got home and had a phone message it would be here tomorrow via fed ex. Most would be happy, but I'm not ready! This generation of tv is new to me, but with the help of this thread, I'm sure I'll be ok in my methodical (slow) way. The question I have is will I be able to unbox, plug in, and see if it's ok before the delivery guys take off? Other than obvious damage is it as simple as plugging it in and turning it on without making connections? I don't know if fed ex guys would hang around for that. (still can't believe it will be here tomorrow from Jersey. I live in a remote part of az.) I would much rather not accept it than go to whatever trouble it would be to send it back. Thanks for any advice.
post #11319 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat? View Post
Ordered an E8 55" on Sat. Estimated delivery next Tues., but got home and had a phone message it would be here tomorrow via fed ex. Most would be happy, but I'm not ready! This generation of tv is new to me, but with the help of this thread, I'm sure I'll be ok in my methodical (slow) way. The question I have is will I be able to unbox, plug in, and see if it's ok before the delivery guys take off? Other than obvious damage is it as simple as plugging it in and turning it on without making connections? I don't know if fed ex guys would hang around for that. (still can't believe it will be here tomorrow from Jersey. I live in a remote part of az.) I would much rather not accept it than go to whatever trouble it would be to send it back. Thanks for any advice.
The tv takes time to settle in. If there is no physical damage or a real obvious screen issue, you have to give the tv about 200 hours to settle in.

For example, if you do a 5% grey screen test right away, you may see some banding but after the tv settles in the banding can be gone or unnoticeable

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
calfcramp likes this.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #11320 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
He can't leave until you sign for it. But these guys are not known for their patience. Try to explain to him big what a purchase this is for you and you want to make sure everything is OK. And of course a tip would be warranted. Maybe invite him over to watch the superbowl on it.

All you should do is turn it on to see if it works and check for any obvious damage. Putting up test patterns and stuff is obviously something you've gotta do on your own time.
calfcramp and Cam1977 like this.

Media: LG 88" 8K OLED Z9 / Denon AVR-X8500H 7.1.4 / Oppo UDP-203 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / Sony 4K FMP-X10 / Gaming PC (Threadripper 1950X / 2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI) / PlayStation 4 Pro with PS VR / PlayStation (original)
Family: Sony 85" 4K XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / C64 Mini - Game: LG 77" 4K OLED C8 / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K

Last edited by bryantc; 01-08-2019 at 05:58 PM.
post #11321 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3140 Post(s)
Liked: 3873
@MegaWhat? I would ask the delivery guys to wait until you turn your set on...you'll know right away if she is good to go, after that the TV will give you step by step instructions that are fairly easy...congrats on your new set...make sure to get some popcorn out!
calfcramp likes this.
post #11322 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Is there a signal strength meter or any way to qualify broadcast channels for signal strength on the C8?
On the channel banner there is a little icon that looks like a radio antenna with waves coming out. The more waves the stronger the signal
post #11323 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
To each their own, but I wouldn't feel right asking a delivery person to hang around while I unpacked, put the stand on, set it upright, and powered it on. Much less figured the interface out for the first time and ran "tests" on it.

I'd inspect the box for obvious damage. If the box looks okay, send him on his way. He's got other people waiting for their things too. And, he's not the company that sold you the item who is ultimately responsible if the item is defective absent any shipping damage.

At some point everyone assumes some responsibility and risk when they purchase an item regardless of its value. But I'd certainly only purchase something like a TV from a vendor who would cover pickup and return shipping.

Again, everyone's mileage may vary. I just wouldn't feel right about making a guy stand around because I'm nervous about a TV he didn't sell me.
smitty likes this.
post #11324 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
On the channel banner there is a little icon that looks like a radio antenna with waves coming out. The more waves the stronger the signal
Quote:
There's also a quick-and-dirty-and-not-quite-useless indicator right next to the channel once it's been autodetected and you're watching it: a little TV tower icon with one, two, or three radiating arcs indicating signal strength. I found it helpful for final positioning tweaks.
Learn something new everyday. I thought that was just a generic icon.

Media: LG 88" 8K OLED Z9 / Denon AVR-X8500H 7.1.4 / Oppo UDP-203 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / Sony 4K FMP-X10 / Gaming PC (Threadripper 1950X / 2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI) / PlayStation 4 Pro with PS VR / PlayStation (original)
Family: Sony 85" 4K XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / C64 Mini - Game: LG 77" 4K OLED C8 / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K
post #11325 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
To each their own, but I wouldn't feel right asking a delivery person to hang around while I unpacked, put the stand on, set it upright, and powered it on. Much less figured the interface out for the first time and ran "tests" on it.

I'd inspect the box for obvious damage. If the box looks okay, send him on his way. He's got other people waiting for their things too. And, he's not the company that sold you the item who is ultimately responsible if the item is defective absent any shipping damage.

At some point everyone assumes some responsibility and risk when they purchase an item regardless of its value. But I'd certainly only purchase something like a TV from a vendor who would cover pickup and return shipping.

Again, everyone's mileage may vary. I just wouldn't feel right about making a guy stand around because I'm nervous about a TV he didn't sell me.
Yeah I definitely don't see it happening with Fedex. Mine came thru a freight delivery company but I still didn't have him wait there while I turned it on. I don't think I even opened the box. He WAS nice enough to help me get it up the stairs though.
smitty and calfcramp like this.

post #11326 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone. New owner here of an LG C8 65" (and loving it).

I've set up LG SmartShare so I can stream video files from my computer. I like the interface and it works well for the most part, but one annoying thing is sometimes it takes forever to update the folders after I add a new video file on the computer. Anyone know if there's a way to force a refresh?

I'm also open to other ideas if there's a 3rd party app that is better for this purpose. Plex comes to mind though I haven't tried it before. I'd prefer to work within WebOS though vs introducing an external source, just to keep the remote situation simple.
post #11327 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantc View Post
Yeah I definitely don't see it happening with Fedex. Mine came thru a freight delivery company but I still didn't have him wait there while I turned it on. I don't think I even opened the box. He WAS nice enough to help me get it up the stairs though.
Thanks for all the replies. I have to agree with not making the guy wait, I guess my question wasn't reasonable in the first place. I wasn't going to install the stand, just fire it up standing on edge, but even that would take some time. When fed ex delivers, it's just one guy and he's always in a hurry. If the box looks too beat up, maybe I can get the panel exposed quick enough to check for obvious damage. (I realize it's double boxed) With any luck, everything will be fine.
post #11328 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies. I have to agree with not making the guy wait, I guess my question wasn't reasonable in the first place. I wasn't going to install the stand, just fire it up standing on edge, but even that would take some time. When fed ex delivers, it's just one guy and he's always in a hurry. If the box looks too beat up, maybe I can get the panel exposed quick enough to check for obvious damage. (I realize it's double boxed) With any luck, everything will be fine.
Assuming you bought from a reputable retailer the worst case scenario is that you find out its damaged after he leaves and just call them and ask for a replacement.

post #11329 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 974
One other point on a new delivery: if its cold (below freezing) it may be a good idea to give it a couple of hours to assume room temperature before plugging it in. I’ve had components fail by not following this suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rdgcss likes this.
post #11330 of 22874 Old 01-08-2019, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Guys, I need your help: I don't know whether there is something wrong with my tv's hdr10 mode. I basically follow rtings recommended settings except I turn on dynamic tone mapping. Below is the comparison between Black Panther hdr10 (top pic) and dolby vision (bottom pic). You can see there are a lot more shadow details in the dolby (kinda similar to what you see in sdr version), while the hdr10 crushes black heavily. I expected Dolby Vision to look better but I didn't knew the difference was this huge. Could anyone who has Black Panther UHD bluray confirm they see the same thing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1406_1547006065163.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	670.3 KB
ID:	2507986  
post #11331 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Okay, I need some info or opinions regarding this issue. Awhile back, I posted about a tinting issue of red always on the left side of the C8. It has got worse, I believe. Although I love this tv and can put up with most of the issues that I do have{which is rarely any compared to a lot of people on this thread unfortunately}, This is becoming an issue. When I am on my desktop, it annoys me to know end and now, when I play certain console games, I can see it in close up shots! It is more pronounced, obviously in HDR. I had my set pro calibrated via Autocal about 6 weeks back. I do not believe the calibration did anything, but because it was calibrated that way, I can't even change color settings on almost all the inputs! SDR: Game, Technicolor and Dark. HDR: Game and Technicolor. I have posted Pics. Hopefully the guy's on here can tell NOT to rma it! I barely see it in film content.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190108_212830.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	2508054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_003709.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	567.7 KB
ID:	2508056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_003749.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	2508058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_003911.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	2508060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_003931.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	2508062  

Name:	IMG_20190109_004012.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	2508064   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_004030.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	2508066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_004031.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	2508068   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190109_004127.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	2508070  

Last edited by calfcramp; 01-09-2019 at 12:12 AM.
post #11332 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Same here, but maybe like @mrtickleuk , my unwatched disks are starting to get out of hand.
Okay, I am backlogged. If I was that backlogged........I would find a new hobby!
RBO likes this.
post #11333 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfcramp View Post
Okay, I need some info or opinions regarding this issue. Awhile back, I posted about a tinting issue of red always on the left side of the C8. It has got worse, I believe. Although I love this tv and can put up with most of the issues that I do have{which is rarely any compared to a lot of people on this thread unfortunately}, This is becoming an issue. When I am on my desktop, it annoys me to know end and now, when I play certain console games, I can see it in close up shots! It is more pronounced, obviously in HDR. I had my set pro calibrated via Autocal about 6 weeks back. I do not believe the calibration did anything, but because it was calibrated that way, I can't even change color settings on almost all the inputs! SDR: Game, Technicolor and Dark. HDR: Game and Technicolor. I have posted Pics. Hopefully the guy's on here can tell NOT to rma it! I barely see it in film content.
You’re not crazy. It’s a thing. I have the same warm push on the left hand side of my panel.... and honestly, it took me 30 hours of viewing content to even notice it in the first place. Now that I know it’s there, it’s pecking at the back of my mind, but as you said, it isn’t noticeable under most content. I only noticed it - and only because I’m eagle eyed - because of a paper white backdrop in a film I was watching with my son.

I personally wouldn’t go nuts about it. No panel is perfect and I should know because I went through four LCD’s before getting this television. They, in order, had severe light bleed, light leakage, a ‘bruise’ spot, and a spot where too much light was coming through (probably a scratch on the light diffusal layer). All of these things plagued MOST content I was enjoying... but this issue on the oled? It’s very minor and doesn’t rear a head in most usage scenarios.

Only crazy people like us are going to notice this. And if you called an LG rep anyway, you’re only going to be told that it’s within spec... and I can reasonably understand why that is. I honestly don’t see it in most of your pics... just the full white slide example.

Based on the year Ive had going through TV’s... Id say enjoy your set. You could do a swap and end up with much, much worse. This is still the best TV Ive ever owned.
calfcramp likes this.
post #11334 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
OTA Signal Problem

Have a weird problem on my 65C8 with one of my local Dallas OTA channels... All channels except one show a 70-80% signal strength, and 100% quality... Great... Channel 4, actually 35, literally comes and goes... All Dallas channels are centrally located about 30 miles from me... Have a big Winegard with amplifier, and a distribution amp feeding each room in my home... Lots of coax...
Channel 4 (35) will "come in" registering 77%, then 55%, then 35%, then 0% all within a couple seconds.... It may "stay on" for minutes or longer... It may not come in for hours... Channel 36, right next to it, is one of what I consider the useless UHF stations, but it's a solid 80 and 100.... I'd sure appreciate some advice....
post #11335 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupTO View Post
So sorry if this has already been addressed. New user here.

I just bought the 2018 LG 55" C8 last week and calibrated based on the advice of several websites/forums. My issue now is that when watching TV via Rogers cable... the picture is terrible regardless of channel (4k looks HD at best, and HD channels look SD). Is this something that's come up before? Is there any solution? Are the channels not upscaling well? Is Rogers just providing a low quality feed (Rogers technician came and gave our connection the OK). Output on the rogers 4k cable box is set to either Auto or ultra HD - with no noticeable difference in picture quality between the two.

Long story short - does anyone else have this issue of 4k and HD Rogers cable content looking very soft/not as sharp as it aught to be? My 10 year old HD Samsung 40" 6 series has a better HD picture than this new set (granted its a much smaller screen).

Any recommendations? Would a Sony or Samsung set handle this issue any better? Is this something that all new 4k or OLED tv's have a problem with?
I too just purchased the 65" C8 and like you said and many others on here will agree, the PQ on Netflix and the other built in apps look incredible, especially when viewing 4K content with dolby Vision and HDR. I believe this is where this set really shines.
I too have Rogers here in TO, I have the netbox3.0 HD PVR. The Rogers feed is not the greatest. I am going to try the Rogers ignite for a 1 month free trial....I will than decide if its even worth it. I personally no longer watch much cable/Sat TV shows or programs. 99% of my Tv viewing is netflix and Blu ray movies. Again your mileage will vary...

Hope this helps.

7.1.4 Home Theatre
LG 65" C8 OLED
Samsung HW-N950 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS-X System
post #11336 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Whats the HDMI spec on the 65" C8? Is it HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1?

7.1.4 Home Theatre
LG 65" C8 OLED
post #11337 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefpaul View Post
Whats the HDMI spec on the 65" C8? Is it HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1?
2.1 will be introduced in C9
post #11338 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGatorDelt View Post
Have a weird problem on my 65C8 with one of my local Dallas OTA channels... All channels except one show a 70-80% signal strength, and 100% quality... Great... Channel 4, actually 35, literally comes and goes... All Dallas channels are centrally located about 30 miles from me... Have a big Winegard with amplifier, and a distribution amp feeding each room in my home... Lots of coax...
Channel 4 (35) will "come in" registering 77%, then 55%, then 35%, then 0% all within a couple seconds.... It may "stay on" for minutes or longer... It may not come in for hours... Channel 36, right next to it, is one of what I consider the useless UHF stations, but it's a solid 80 and 100.... I'd sure appreciate some advice....

Even if you are 30 miles away you may experience interference. RF signals vary greatly throughout the day. May try turning the antenna a bit. I use Antennas Direct and have to turn it slightly for some and 180 for others.
post #11339 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
2.1 will be introduced in C9
Thanks, I read that earlier yesterday...but my new 2018 65" C8....Does it have HDMI 2.0a or HDMI 2.0b on all HDMI inputs (even the HDMI ARC)???

7.1.4 Home Theatre
LG 65" C8 OLED
post #11340 of 22874 Old 01-09-2019, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3966 Post(s)
Liked: 3236
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGatorDelt View Post
My best guess is that this is multipath interference. Or, could be an FM station bleeding in there.
For multipath you need to turn the ant just a bit - or until it resolves. For FM you need an FM trap.
vince48 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , denon x3500 , eye strain , firmware update , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page