2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 405 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80728Likes

post #12121 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Uhh, starrfigher, there's no such thing as a "digital antenna". I used an analog antenna for years.
Correct, and that means there's no such thing as an analog antenna either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
edit: Forgot to mention about your other point that your C8 was calibrated by Chad B but you were still underwhelmed by your C8's performance. I am extremely pleased with my personal efforts at adjusting my PM settings on the 77" that I have been wondering if I should not bother with the tentative appointment I have with Chad B come May. Your comment pretty much is the final nail in that coffin.
To be fair to the calibration, the issues that I have are inherent to the TV, and had nothing to do with calibration. The terrible motion handling (maybe improved next year by the C9?), especially with sports. The two-dimensional, non-cinematic look. Etc.

The calibration was a definite improvement over anything I could have done, and was totally worth it. There is a real pleasure in having all the white points perfectly set, so that I could stop always fiddling with the contrast and brightness when the source or program material changes. Not to mention having the color management system properly calibrated, making the variety of skin tones always look right.
RBO, calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

Last edited by shadowspawn; 02-03-2019 at 08:18 AM.
post #12123 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6662 Post(s)
Liked: 6647
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
That has been my experience as well. And my C8 is calibrated by Chad B.

I wish that my 64F8500 (also calibrated by Chad B) had lasted a year longer than it did, I'm wondering how much of an improvement the C9 will be.
If I was a gambler, which I am, I would bet baby steps........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12124 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Quote:
edit: Forgot to mention about your other point that your C8 was calibrated by Chad B but you were still underwhelmed by your C8's performance. I am extremely pleased with my personal efforts at adjusting my PM settings on the 77" that I have been wondering if I should not bother with the tentative appointment I have with Chad B come May. Your comment pretty much is the final nail in that coffin. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
To be fair to the calibration, the issues that I have are inherent to the TV, and had nothing to do with calibration. The terrible motion handling (maybe improved next year by the C9?), especially with sports. The two-dimensional, non-cinematic look. Etc.

The calibration was a definite improvement over anything I could have done, and was totally worth it. There is a real pleasure in having all the white points perfectly set, so that I could stop always fiddling with the contrast and brightness when the source or program material changes. Not to mention having the color management system properly calibrated, making the variety of skin tones always look right.
I'm always baffled at these "terrible" motion handling comments. I've had nothing but great on my C8 as far as motion. It must be because I came from LCD to OLED.
RBO and calfcramp like this.
post #12125 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3445 Post(s)
Liked: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 29 View Post
I'm always baffled at these "terrible" motion handling comments. I've had nothing but great on my C8 as far as motion. It must be because I came from LCD to OLED.

Same here. I have an LG LCD downstairs (for day-to-day viewing and some sports) and the new C8 upstairs. TruMotion is disabled on both and motion is just fine. I guess some folks are more sensitive to variations in motion than others.
RBO, calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #12126 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 11:54 AM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:

I appreciate your reply, but I think it's just your C8 and how you see it. I agree with @Viking 29 and @Otto Pylot . It depends on what each user sees because of eye variance as much as panel variance. I have no problems with motion interpolation. But I do still have only one issue I cannot seem to resolve and that is with interlacing "tearing" as a camera pan occurs over striped patterns or of the same with still images that are panned over.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki

Last edited by RBO; 02-03-2019 at 12:19 PM.
post #12127 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So, my C8 did some sort of auto firmware update, because it suddenly was asking me to enable deep color and some of my settings (Trumotion, etc.) we’re reset, and after resetting everything the picture looks really “off.” Much noisier; lots of compression-type artifacting in color gradients like skies, textures on walls and pillows, etc. Things “crawling,” etc. I used the Rtings settings before, which looked beautiful, but even after having restored them I can’t get the set to look the same. It’s a very mediocre picture when it used to be absolutely stunning. I’m pretty concerned, because all of a sudden it’s just not the same TV. Any ide of what on estate could’ve happened? I’ve tried iTunes, Blu Ray and 4K disc content; all is impacted, although iTunes content the most so-it looks like compressed garbage now. 4K disc content looks good in bright scenes, but dark scenes are very black- and detail-crushed. Thanks much.

TV: LG OLED77C8PUA & LG OLED65B6P
Processor: Classe Sigma mkII
Amp: D-Sonic M3a-6100 & Classe CAV-500
Player: OPPO UDP-203
Speakers: B&W 803D2, B&W HTM2D2, B&W 804s, Axiom Audio QS10HP
post #12128 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by win200 View Post
So, my C8 did some sort of auto firmware update, because it suddenly was asking me to enable deep color and some of my settings (Trumotion, etc.) we’re reset, and after resetting everything the picture looks really “off.” Much noisier; lots of compression-type artifacting in color gradients like skies, textures on walls and pillows, etc. Things “crawling,” etc. I used the Rtings settings before, which looked beautiful, but even after having restored them I can’t get the set to look the same. It’s a very mediocre picture when it used to be absolutely stunning. I’m pretty concerned, because all of a sudden it’s just not the same TV. Any ide of what on estate could’ve happened? I’ve tried iTunes, Blu Ray and 4K disc content; all is impacted, although iTunes content the most so-it looks like compressed garbage now. 4K disc content looks good in bright scenes, but dark scenes are very black- and detail-crushed. Thanks much.
If you go to All Settings, then General, then scroll down to About This TV and click on it, what software version is showing? Up here in Canada the latest update was a few months ago and shows 04.10.15. Some people have mentioned doing a reset if you're suddenly experiencing problems after an update so it might be worth trying?
post #12129 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Same here. I have an LG LCD downstairs (for day-to-day viewing and some sports) and the new C8 upstairs. TruMotion is disabled on both and motion is just fine. I guess some folks are more sensitive to variations in motion than others.
Hi everyone , after lurking for over a year I decided to contribute . I have found the motion handling for my C8 and before that C7 to be very good and comparable to my Samsung plasma . That is until I recently experimented with the output settings of my Bell Satellite receiver . I switched from 720p to 1080i just for curiosity sake and didn't notice any difference until I watched the first hockey game with this setting a few days later , it was pretty much unwatchable . After I switched back to 720p output all was good again .

LG OLED65C8PUA
post #12130 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
If you go to All Settings, then General, then scroll down to About This TV and click on it, what software version is showing? Up here in Canada the latest update was a few months ago and shows 04.10.15. Some people have mentioned doing a reset if you're suddenly experiencing problems after an update so it might be worth trying?

Yeah, I'm still on the .15 version for my 65 C8. I keep auto update off for that very reason. I let others be the "guinea pigs" before I update.

post #12131 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 29 View Post
Quote:

It's the OLED technology. It's not subjective. I really don't get why OLED owners are defensive about the defects in OLED technology. It is what it is, and we all do best by embracing reality and figuring out how to cope with it the best we can.

Google "sample and hold" to learn what is going on.

OLED panels sample the next frame, display it, and then hold it until the next frame is ready, and they then make an instantaneous transition.

Plasma partially or fully fades to black the previous frame before rendering the next frame.

Due to something about how the human brain works, plasma tricks the brain into seeing a very fluid, natural motion. It looks real, like it is not being processed on a panel.

OLED looks blurry and jerky, because that is what sample and hold does with the human brain.

Once you have watched plasma for years, it's very hard to adjust to the crappy OLED motion handling.

Chad B understood this well, so on the Sports preset on our C8, he calibrated it with Black Frame Insertion enabled, which sort-of simulates plasma by inserting a black frame between each rendered frame. That helps a LOT with motion handling. But, because every other rendered frame is thrown away and replaced by a black frame, the colors look a bit over-saturated, and the picture noticeably loses some "pop" even with OLED light at 100.

It's a trade-off. When we watch football, sometimes we use the Sports mode with BFI enabled, and sometimes we just stay with the usual Light Room preset. It depends on how the game looks on the channel that's delivering it, and the mood we are in.
post #12132 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
It's the OLED technology. It's not subjective. I really don't get why OLED owners are defensive about the defects in OLED technology. It is what it is, and we all do best by embracing reality and figuring out how to cope with it the best we can.

OLED panels sample the next frame, display it, and then hold it until the next frame is ready, and they then make an instantaneous transition.

Plasma partially or fully fades to black the previous frame before rendering the next frame.

Due to something about how the human brain works, plasma tricks the brain into seeing a very fluid, natural motion. It looks real, like it is not being processed on a panel.

OLED looks blurry and jerky, because that is what sample and hold does with the human brain.

Once you have watched plasma for years, it's very hard to adjust to the crappy OLED motion handling.

Chad B understood this well, so on the Sports preset on our C8, he calibrated it with Black Frame Insertion enabled, which sort-of simulates plasma by inserting a black frame between each rendered frame. That helps a LOT with motion handling. But, because every other rendered frame is thrown away and replaced by a black frame, the colors look a bit over-saturated, and the picture noticeably loses some "pop" even with OLED light at 100.

It's a trade-off. When we watch football, sometimes we use the Sports mode with BFI enabled, and sometimes we just stay with the usual Light Room preset. It depends on how the game looks on the channel that's delivering it, and the mood we are in.
Not being defensive at all. No tv technology is perfect and yes, that includes OLED. I've been watching my C8 since we got it in October. Movies, streaming, broadcast all look good when handling motion. Even football and basketball (haven't had a chance yet for baseball ). I've never had plasma so I have no first-hand knowledge on how motion was handled. I imagine it was handled very well. But we've never had motion issues with the older LCD downstairs and the new OLED upstairs so obviously my experience is different. Haven't seen a need to calibrate the C8 either. For now, the pq is fantastic (OLED light is set to 30 for Technicolor) and no motion issues that detract from the visual experience. My panel has not been subject to some of the other issues that have been reported so maybe I got one that demonstrates just what OLED is supposed to be.

post #12133 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:

Not being defensive at all. No tv technology is perfect and yes, that includes OLED. I've been watching my C8 since we got it in October. Movies, streaming, broadcast all look good when handling motion. Even football and basketball (haven't had a chance yet for baseball [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]). I've never had plasma so I have no first-hand knowledge on how motion was handled. I imagine it was handled very well. But we've never had motion issues with the older LCD downstairs and the new OLED upstairs so obviously my experience is different. Haven't seen a need to calibrate the C8 either. For now, the pq is fantastic (OLED light is set to 30 for Technicolor) and no motion issues that detract from the visual experience. My panel has not been subject to some of the other issues that have been reported so maybe I got one that demonstrates just what OLED is supposed to be.
I thought we were being anything but defensive. That's why I put it must be because I'm used to LCD versus plasma. Boy if that's defensive we sure live in a hyper sensitive time. 😉
Otto Pylot likes this.
post #12134 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4858 Post(s)
Liked: 7150
Quote:
OLED and LCD.

Quote:
Yes. Now that plasma is no longer with us ALL flat panel TVs use "sample and hold". ALL! It's not unique to OLED, and I wouldn't really say it's a defect in "OLED technology" any more than it's a defect in "LCD technology"; it's more the physical way that all current flat panel technologies (except plasma) have to use the "sample and hold" method.

Quote:
Absolutely
calfcramp likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #12135 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrfighter View Post
THE SUPER BOWL: TOMORROW and I'll be watching it over the air with my digital antenna going into the LG C8 65-inch directly and then passing sound out via ARC to the 7.2 Elite Nakamichi (what i love about the nakashimi system is the crowd, if the mics are set up near cool people its fun to listen to them, but if near a-holes its that experience... but it always feels like you are in the stadium for better or worse) but oh the last time I asked for some calibration curiosity I got one reply and it looks like nobody wanted to answer but this time...

ITS THE SUPERBOWL

So if you are watching OTA or NOT and you think your LG C8 is THE BEST, DA BOMB and is going to smack down all other callibration settings, let's see what you got!!!

This is NOT about the fact that every panel is different this is about the Super Bowl and that you did a better job with your panel JUST for the Super Bowl than ANYBODY ELSE can do and you're not afraid to tell people how its done!

CALLIBRATION WARS: SUPERBOWL EDITION LETS GO!

A few responses snd I will change settings during the very many commercials at times and declare THE WINNER (Tom Brady... crap now everyone knows its rigged)

ITS THE SUPER BOWL so let's see who has THE best settings and have some geek fun!!!

With this years superbowl halftime alone theres plenty of time to try out as many calibrations as possible.

Its unbiased, my fiance, a normal person, will judge.

OH NO LETS GO!!!
SUPERBOWL
Here is my 65C8 picture

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1abH...w?usp=drivesdk

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS

Last edited by Jrocker23; 02-03-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: It
post #12136 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 1015
Quote:

OLED looks blurry and jerky to YOU. I had a very good plasma for years, and I don't have any issue with the motion handling on OLED.

The fact is, people's brains can see things differently. That's cool.
RBO, calfcramp and Jrocker23 like this.
post #12137 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:01 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

@smitty put it exactly right.

Sports look mo less fantastic on my OLED 77" C8 than they did on my Kuro plasma. In fact they look better. I've never seen the Super Bowl look better on a TV before in my life than it did today on CBS over a Verizon FIOS feed. I'm not being defensive, only definitive.

Russ (another one)

post #12138 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:01 PM

I went back and forth with the C8 upstairs and the LCD downstairs. Motion was smooth on both (passed footballs had nice spirals with no jerkiness) and pq was really good, with the nod going to the C8, given the source was Comcrap via the local CBS affiliate. The game was ok, if not boring. Refused to watch the half-time show which it sounds like that was a good call and there were only two commercials that I felt were worthy of the StupidBowl hype. The Bud Light with the Game of Thrones theme and the NFL 100 commercial.

post #12139 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:15 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

I liked the Bud Light GoT as well and the Alexa/Harrison Ford/Boston Terrier commercials. The halftime show was a straight musical performace sans politics. It would have passed AVS Forum rules without any moderator admonishment.

Russ (another one)

post #12140 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 1015
Quote:
I've never seen the Super Bowl look better on a TV before in my life than it did today on CBS over a Verizon FIOS feed. I'm not being defensive, only definitive.
Agreed. Ours was on Directv, and I thought the picture was fantastic.

And I didn't even have a scintilla of a motion issue at any point. But again, on that point, I acknowledge that different people might have an issue with motion on OLED's. Just like some people get motion sickness playing video games and other's do not. Some people can easily get car sick due to how their brain/eyes perceive motion. It often is an individual thing, which is why it is important than when you buy a set you are aware of the applicable return policy.
RBO and calfcramp like this.
post #12141 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Here is my 65C8 picture

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1abH...w?usp=drivesdk

If that's a good representation of your picture, the colors are quite over saturated to my eyes. What picture mode and settings did you use?
post #12142 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkammer View Post
If that's a good representation of your picture, the colors are quite over saturated to my eyes. What picture mode and settings did you use?
That was in game mode and color set to 50

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS

Last edited by Jrocker23; 02-03-2019 at 09:05 PM.
post #12143 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
@smitty put it exactly right.

Sports look mo less fantastic on my OLED 77" C8 than they did on my Kuro plasma. In fact they look better. I've never seen the Super Bowl look better on a TV before in my life than it did today on CBS over a Verizon FIOS feed. I'm not being defensive, only definitive.
We watched the game on my 65" C8 OTA using a MOHU flat panel antenna mounted on my porch and facing about 30 miles from the CBS station. The entire broadcast including commercials was phenomenal and motion was no concern at all. I tried both Cinema and Tech. Pro and ended up liking Tech. Pro just a little better. This is a great TV.
RBO and Jrocker23 like this.
post #12144 of 21623 Old 02-03-2019, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3051 Post(s)
Liked: 3737
^wow that's awesome...the feed looked terrible on all of my tvs!
post #12145 of 21623 Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
It looked great on OTA here Cam.
post #12146 of 21623 Old 02-04-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:

Comcrap here and it wasn't too bad at all via the local affiliate on the 65 C8 or the LCD downstairs.

post #12147 of 21623 Old 02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The entire broadcast including commercials was phenomenal and motion was no concern at all. I tried both Cinema and Tech. Pro and ended up liking Tech. Pro just a little better. This is a great TV.

You betcha! I've been sticking with Technicolor Expert PM as well. I think it is the best of the bunch for SDR.

Which btw, when I mentioned in another comment a bit earlier about interlacing jaggies "tearing" on striped images and static images when panned being the last issue I have not yet entirely resolved, I was only referring to SDR broadcast over FIOS that it's still noticeable. And it's only rarely. Otherwise, with all other SDR, DV, and HDR programming I have not a scintilla of motion or interlacing issues either. The C8 is indeed a GREAT! television.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

Russ (another one)

Last edited by RBO; 02-04-2019 at 10:10 AM.
post #12148 of 21623 Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 AM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

That's terrible news. Was weather in your area a factor?

I thought it was a fantastic Super Bowl as a master class in Defense domination until the Patriots Offense started getting into gear late in the 2nd half and then the Rams Offense offering up a posing threat for a bit. It ended with the outcome I wanted which was seeing the GOAT get a 6th ring. The Patriots are America's Team in my eyes.

Russ (another one)

post #12149 of 21623 Old 02-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
That's terrible news. Was weather in your area a factor?

I thought it was a fantastic Super Bowl as a master class in Defense domination until the Patriots Offense started getting into gear late in the 2nd half and then the Rams Offense offering up a posing threat for a bit. It ended with the outcome I wanted which was seeing the GOAT get a 6th ring. The Patriots are America's Team in my eyes.
Yes they are AMERICA'S TEAM (so as I am currently in Austin TX, the pattiots they are could not compute New England v LA.The PATRIOTS. It is so weird. 13 original colonies. I grew up in new england and i was asked a few times yesterday why I cared while I was walking around in n my Patriots shoes... This really is the Lone Star state. Alas, I took a small nap during half time... probably for the best... interestingly the G.O.A.T. Mr. Tom Brady isnt retiring until at least for FOUR MORE YEARS! and Pat and Vanna, hosts of WHEEL OF FORTUNE.. known as AMERICAS GAME signed recently through 2022. While everyone rolls their eyes at the patriots and wheel of fortune, everyone will miss AMERICAS TEAM and AMERICAS GAME when.. all of a sudden... poof they are gone. They will go on in some form but not like this as the seasoned institutions they have been for so long. Be proud of the achievements of all american fun and perseverence. Even if they arent your thing.

OH this is a TV thread... watching my first OLED superbowl OTA was a pleasure on the LG C8. I played around a lot with settubgs without going too far off the rails, like i didnt do: take away all green.. but i tried a lot of setups other TVs would be terrible or great, but honestly i have to say that it was very hard to make this game look bad using settings within reason, and i did manage to make it look better than good and not so good but overall... this lg c8 really is a gem. Lots less bad to say than there is good to say about it.

Hope everyone had fun! I

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
healthnut likes this.

post #12150 of 21623 Old 02-04-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4858 Post(s)
Liked: 7150
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
That was in game mode and color set to 50
Ah, that'll be why then . Game mode is fixed to the panel's "native" gamut which is much wider than rec.709. So it'll always be over-saturated (unless calibrated with calman + 3DLUT).

See >> this post <<.

The "least worst" settings for Game mode without a calibration were:
Colour Temp W50
Colour (saturation) 40
Tint R20
Oled light 40 gave a peak white of 155 nits, still too bright really for my room
Gamma High1 or 2
calfcramp likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page