2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 484 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80733Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14491 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,069
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3448 Post(s)
Liked: 2507
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19 View Post
Just got the 8c 65. Is there anyway to have a desired input always start when starting the TV or switching off a cec device?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Disable CEC and use a Harmony remote. That way you can program the Activities to Watch TV, Watch a Movie (blu-ray), Watch ATV4k (for streaming), etc.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14492 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 02:57 PM
Member
 
oak1a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamad138 View Post
Ur a fking hero. My display looks fking incredible now. I just put 13 on IRE 5 instead of 12

Chronitis for president
Holy crap! Fantastic! You guys are $$!!
oak1a is offline  
post #14493 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 03:01 PM
Newbie
 
tabarnes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Disable CEC and use a Harmony remote. That way you can program the Activities to Watch TV, Watch a Movie (blu-ray), Watch ATV4k (for streaming), etc.
Thanks I have an elite upstairs was hoping not to invest another $200.

Also I played a video game and noticed after an hour ran a uniformity test and see a yankee symbol in corner. It was from menu. I only played an hour


Is this part of oled and will it go away? I set up pixel refresher.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
tabarnes19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14494 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19 View Post
Thanks I have an elite upstairs was hoping not to invest another $200.

Also I played a video game and noticed after an hour ran a uniformity test and see a yankee symbol in corner. It was from menu. I only played an hour


Is this part of oled and will it go away? I set up pixel refresher.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sounds like temporary IR rather than permanent burn-in (which means yes, it will go away).
tabarnes19 likes this.
fafrd is offline  
post #14495 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 4,656
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Liked: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19 View Post
Thanks I have an elite upstairs was hoping not to invest another $200.

Also I played a video game and noticed after an hour ran a uniformity test and see a yankee symbol in corner. It was from menu. I only played an hour


Is this part of oled and will it go away? I set up pixel refresher.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
While I’ve got 2 Elites elsewhere in the house I bought a Harmony 650 for $30 and it does what I need for the C8 perfectly. You can spend considerably less to avoid CEC hell

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
smurraybhm is offline  
post #14496 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
leiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sanfrancisco
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiss View Post
True that after firmware 4.10.05 warm 2 adheres closer to the 6500K standard but how the Technicolor warm 1 and warm 2 presets measure when it comes to grayscale and color errors is very close according to this posted measurement: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...2&d=1546001194

Nice graph! So, without measuring tools, stick with Warm 1, bt.1866 for Technicolor Expert? I suppose it does come down to what looks best to the viewer. As mentioned above, it's nice to have a panel that is dead-on-balls but if your eyes aren't, then.......
Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong that has done more critical testing but my observations were if expert dark/expert bright/and Technicolor value settings are identical, then picture quality will be the same?
leiff is offline  
post #14497 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pwiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong that has done more critical testing but my observations were if expert dark/expert bright/and Technicolor value settings are identical, then picture quality will be the same?
If they all are at the same exact settings including color temp warm 2 and color space auto to my eyes they are very similar. This was also the case in the 7 series I had.
pwiss is offline  
post #14498 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 05:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The new .31 update seems to have reduced any positive impact of the mpeg noise reduction. Earlier it used to smoothen a scene , something like a blue sky (non hd) picture and reduce those semi circular layers. Now nothing happens in low, medium or high settings.

My novice eyes never experienced the flashing issue that this might hv fixed but it’s annoying that some feature that actually helped my viewing is neutralized.
Probably this fix does help many ppl’s vewing but not sure why the mpeg noise reduction needs to be neutralized for this. The demo’s of the C8 used to boast of this noise reduction feature and removing it is not appreciable


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smitty and calfcramp like this.
ari821 is offline  
post #14499 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 902 Post(s)
Liked: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari821 View Post
The new .31 update seems to have reduced any positive impact of the mpeg noise reduction.

Yep, I posted about this a few days ago. MPEG Noise Reduction pretty much doesn't work at all with firmware 04.10.31.
People need to report this to LG, otherwise it will stay broken.

Here my comparison again:
calfcramp, Make73, gymnos and 1 others like this.
jk82 is offline  
post #14500 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,069
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3448 Post(s)
Liked: 2507
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
While I’ve got 2 Elites elsewhere in the house I bought a Harmony 650 for $30 and it does what I need for the C8 perfectly. You can spend considerably less to avoid CEC hell

Yep. I bought two, brand new Harmony 700's (about $75 each if I remember correctly). One for the downstairs HTS (LCD) and one for the upstairs HTS (C8). They do everything I need them to do. Probably a tad bit on the pricey side but to not have to deal with CEC issues, it's worth it to me.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #14501 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 05:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Yep, I posted about this a few days ago. MPEG Noise Reduction pretty much doesn't work at all with firmware 04.10.31.
People need to report this to LG, otherwise it will stay broken.

Here my comparison again:


Thanks! exactly this is what I was talking about. Didn’t know what is this called. Thanks for sharing the picture. This was one of the feature which they boast of in the c8 demo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calfcramp likes this.
ari821 is offline  
post #14502 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,835
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiss View Post
Do you think panel variance is why some are seeing issues?
Yes
D-Nice is offline  
post #14503 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,835
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
Out of curiosity, did you ever post settings for the 2018 C8? I did a search, but didn’t find anything. Thanks in advance...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No but using Warm2 in ISF Dark Room, reducing R High to -8 and B High to -5 will get you closer to where you need to be.
chunon and waltinaz like this.
D-Nice is offline  
post #14504 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pwiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Yes
For those without calibration tools what is the best test pattern for gamma settings?
pwiss is offline  
post #14505 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 07:24 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,411
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by oak1a View Post
Holy crap! Fantastic! You guys are $$!!

I fell in love with the LG OLED C8 at first sight.

But I thought I could fundamentally transform it myself into a greater vision. After all, it was so close to perfection already otb.

After plugging in the metered calibration results shared by @chronitis I now see that my clumsy attempts at toying with the pre-set otb settings was like trying to tell a fiancé how much better she'd look if she put on make-up with my crayons instead of paying for a professional beautician's skills prior to a wedding. If nothing else, I now see without further doubt how much even the C8 can be truly transformed with a professional calibration. From @chronitis ' and jk82's suggested IRE luminance values and assuming the likelihood of panel variance to account for their very minor differences of the low end, I decided to see if their values could be improved upon for my set. I took a gamble and settled on all of @chronitis ' values less 1 for each IRE. The result is simply stunning. It's like seeing that fiancé for the very first time and falling in love all over again with a heretofore unseen vision of beauty walking down the aisle.

The C8 is my new bride for life. I only have eyes for her. I am so happy...I hope this bliss never ends.


It's a bit scary to imagine the amount of more detail I might see watching a Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray after I finally get that pro-calibration.




Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki

Last edited by RBO; 03-31-2019 at 07:41 PM.
RBO is offline  
post #14506 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Redogfizbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If I use YouTube videos for adjusting my contrast and brightness, is it an accurate way to do it?

I ended up with contrast at 79, and brightness at 61
Redogfizbal is offline  
post #14507 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 07:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 52
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
I fell in love with the LG OLED C8 at first sight.

But I thought I could fundamentally transform it myself into a greater vision. After all, it was so close to perfection already otb.

After plugging in the metered calibration results shared by @chronitis I now see that my clumsy attempts at toying with the pre-set otb settings was like trying to tell a fiancé how much better she'd look if she put on make-up with my crayons instead of paying for a professional beautician's skills prior to a wedding. If nothing else, I now see without further doubt how much even the C8 can be truly transformed with a professional calibration. From @chronitis ' and jk82's suggested IRE luminance values and assuming the likelihood of panel variance to account for their very minor differences of the low end, I decided to see if their values could be improved upon for my set. I took a gamble and settled on all of @chronitis ' values less 1 for each IRE. The result is simply stunning. It's like seeing that fiancé for the very first time and falling in love all over again with a heretofore unseen vision of beauty walking down the aisle.

The C8 is my new bride for life. I only have eyes for her. I am so happy...I hope this bliss never ends.


It's a bit scary to imagine the amount of more detail I might see watching a Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray after I finally get that pro-calibration.





Same experience here. I enjoy the picture more now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3isRC is offline  
post #14508 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oak1a View Post
Holy crap! Fantastic! You guys are $$!!

I fell in love with the LG OLED C8 at first sight.

But I thought I could fundamentally transform it myself into a greater vision. After all, it was so close to perfection already otb.

After plugging in the metered calibration results shared by @chronitis I now see that my clumsy attempts at toying with the pre-set otb settings was like trying to tell a fiancé how much better she'd look if she put on make-up with my crayons instead of paying for a professional beautician's skills prior to a wedding. If nothing else, I now see without further doubt how much even the C8 can be truly transformed with a professional calibration. From @chronitis ' and jk82's suggested IRE luminance values and assuming the likelihood of panel variance to account for their very minor differences of the low end, I decided to see if their values could be improved upon for my set. I took a gamble and settled on all of @chronitis ' values less 1 for each IRE. The result is simply stunning. It's like seeing that fiancé for the very first time and falling in love all over again with a heretofore unseen vision of beauty walking down the aisle.

The C8 is my new bride for life. I only have eyes for her. I am so happy...I hope this bliss never ends.


It's a bit scary to imagine the amount of more detail I might see watching a Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray after I finally get that pro-calibration. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]



[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Just wait until I drop the settings for HDR 😉
3isRC and ari821 like this.
chronitis is offline  
post #14509 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,538
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6668 Post(s)
Liked: 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzMe View Post
Weeks? Did you run the LG pixel Refresher or YouTube stuck pixel videos? Neither are fixing it so far. I’m wonder if LG or Costco will do anything for me.
Let me rephrase it stuck, then unstuck, then stuck and unstuck for a few weeks, then stayed off, it was one red pixel. If you are within your return policy Costco will help, if not its up to LG. Stuck pixels are obvious when they are a stuck color, a dead one not so much. LG -- 1 (800) 243-0000
ItzMe likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #14510 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 09:50 PM
Senior Member
 
waltinaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
No but using Warm2 in ISF Dark Room, reducing R High to -8 and B High to -5 will get you closer to where you need to be.



Thank you! Moreso than using the 20-pt IRE adjustments?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

________

LG OLED 77C8PUA...stunning!
LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
waltinaz is offline  
post #14511 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wjboshart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redogfizbal View Post
If I use YouTube videos for adjusting my contrast and brightness, is it an accurate way to do it?



I ended up with contrast at 79, and brightness at 61


Generally no because you don't know how accurate the YouTube video is. Often YouTube compresses their media so you'll have that aspect too. There is a free avs rec 709 calibration download somewhere off the avsforum site


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wjboshart is offline  
post #14512 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 10:17 PM
Member
 
wormicide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Niagara Falls NY
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I’m just wondering what the consensus setting for motion in Dolby Vision is. It defaults to clear. Real cinema is greyed out. Does it still work if trumotion is turned off? Is there a good balance to enter under user then? Thanks in advance
wormicide is offline  
post #14513 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 11:31 PM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Time for the big reveal! Took me a couple of nights, but I finally got HDR calibrated to reference standards. Use Technicolor expert. Leave all the main settings at default and turn off all the picture enhancement features, except dynamic tone mapping. I personally turn it on after my calibration.

White balance: warm 2

2 point high: red 2, green -1, blue-8
(This will vary depending on the set, though it's very similar on the two sets I've owned)

Code values rgb
272: 5,6,7
341; 10,10,11
409: 8,8,10
443: 13,13,14
476: 15,15,16
494: 16,16,17
509: 14,14,15
525: 14,14,15
539: 15,15,16
555: 12,12,13
572: 11,11,11

All values after are affected by tone mapping and can't be calibrated from my experience.

Color management(only change luminance)

Red: 30
Green: 17
Blue: 3
Cyan: 5
Magenta: 8
Yellow: 8

Note: Red has changed a lot since the update. Not sure why....

Game mode uses color temp of w50 and color of 70

You want graphs? Here are the luminance and rgb level graphs from the Technicolor calibration.

Please, LG, do not change the firmware and make us all go through this again!

Enjoy my fellow enthusiasts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190401_000117_1554100246248.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2547264   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190401_000137_1554100259478.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	2547266  
gymnos, 3isRC, ari821 and 1 others like this.
chronitis is offline  
post #14514 of 21635 Old 03-31-2019, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 135
For some reason my thumbnails keep saying image cannot be loaded. If you click again after that message it will show the graphs. Weird....
chronitis is offline  
post #14515 of 21635 Old 04-01-2019, 02:06 AM
Senior Member
 
esoxlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
OLED TV - Pixelation/Noise Right Out Of the Box (Please see video)

C8 65" LG OLED. Just got it yesterday for HTPC but also for rendering video. Screen shows CGI software I've be using. Been using the same software on 3 different 4k monitors now with no issues until this OLED. Tried all the different modes. Used PC, non-PC, Game Mode and all the others, but can't eliminate it. Looks a lot worse in person.

So is this a defective unit? Would appreciate any input.


This one was recorded through a PC screen capture.


Last edited by esoxlee; 04-01-2019 at 02:54 AM.
esoxlee is offline  
post #14516 of 21635 Old 04-01-2019, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 902 Post(s)
Liked: 941
As this problem is visible even through screen capture that would rule out the TV. Looks more like a gpu/driver/software problem.
Reflex-Arc likes this.
jk82 is offline  
post #14517 of 21635 Old 04-01-2019, 05:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
Time for the big reveal! Took me a couple of nights, but I finally got HDR calibrated to reference standards. Use Technicolor expert. Leave all the main settings at default and turn off all the picture enhancement features, except dynamic tone mapping. I personally turn it on after my calibration.

White balance: warm 2

2 point high: red 2, green -1, blue-8
(This will vary depending on the set, though it's very similar on the two sets I've owned)

Code values rgb
272: 5,6,7
341; 10,10,11
409: 8,8,10
443: 13,13,14
476: 15,15,16
494: 16,16,17
509: 14,14,15
525: 14,14,15
539: 15,15,16
555: 12,12,13
572: 11,11,11

All values after are affected by tone mapping and can't be calibrated from my experience.

Color management(only change luminance)

Red: 30
Green: 17
Blue: 3
Cyan: 5
Magenta: 8
Yellow: 8

Note: Red has changed a lot since the update. Not sure why....

Game mode uses color temp of w50 and color of 70

You want graphs? Here are the luminance and rgb level graphs from the Technicolor calibration.

Please, LG, do not change the firmware and make us all go through this again!

Enjoy my fellow enthusiasts
This and ISF Dark is fantastic, thank you. Quick question please, what might be the settings for ISF Bright room?

Thanks again.
Tool Belt is offline  
post #14518 of 21635 Old 04-01-2019, 05:44 AM
TWD
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 1,480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
Time for the big reveal! Took me a couple of nights, but I finally got HDR calibrated to reference standards. Use Technicolor expert. Leave all the main settings at default and turn off all the picture enhancement features, except dynamic tone mapping. I personally turn it on after my calibration.

White balance: warm 2

2 point high: red 2, green -1, blue-8
(This will vary depending on the set, though it's very similar on the two sets I've owned)

Code values rgb
272: 5,6,7
341; 10,10,11
409: 8,8,10
443: 13,13,14
476: 15,15,16
494: 16,16,17
509: 14,14,15
525: 14,14,15
539: 15,15,16
555: 12,12,13
572: 11,11,11

All values after are affected by tone mapping and can't be calibrated from my experience.

Color management(only change luminance)

Red: 30
Green: 17
Blue: 3
Cyan: 5
Magenta: 8
Yellow: 8

Note: Red has changed a lot since the update. Not sure why....

Game mode uses color temp of w50 and color of 70

You want graphs? Here are the luminance and rgb level graphs from the Technicolor calibration.

Please, LG, do not change the firmware and make us all go through this again!

Enjoy my fellow enthusiasts
What are code values RGB? I was just on technicolor in the expert controls and can’t find them.

TWD
TWD is offline  
post #14519 of 21635 Old 04-01-2019, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wjboshart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
What are code values RGB? I was just on technicolor in the expert controls and can’t find them.


Unless you have a pattern generator, you need to be watching an hdr movie to have access to the controls


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wjboshart is offline  
post #14520 of 21635 Old 04-01-2019, 06:09 AM
TWD
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 1,480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
For some reason my thumbnails keep saying image cannot be loaded. If you click again after that message it will show the graphs. Weird....
Won’t load on my iPad either. Except on my iPad it goes into a continuous rotating circle loop.

TWD
TWD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off