2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 516 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80364Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15451 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 6,876
Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4716 Post(s)
Liked: 7001
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
Ahhhhhh, I should've thought of that, but didn't want to screw anything up. Thanks!!!
Yes, was going to suggest this but I see I was too slow . I'm normally quite blasé about service menus, but having heard about the bricked TV with ONE button press (don't ever press "in-stop" thinking it's a way out of the "in-start" menu, it isn't!!!) I'm scared of this one. I keep the batteries out of my service remote in case of "accidents". But one day I was brave/silly and tried pressing "in-start" and found it is like a "backup" button.

LCSeminole likes this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15452 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Stevetd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 1,065
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Post 15377. Search function is your friend. Glad my time is available for your use.


Thank you.
rontonio likes this.
Stevetd is online now  
post #15453 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Zaxcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I tried to find 4.10.60 on several LG sites in various counties (using a VPN) and all I see is 4.10.31


Running update on TV says no new firmware available. Anyone want to post 4.10.60? Also does this version fix the banding correction we lost in .31?
Zaxcom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15454 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,097
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxcom View Post
I tried to find 4.10.60 on several LG sites in various counties (using a VPN) and all I see is 4.10.31


Running update on TV says no new firmware available. Anyone want to post 4.10.60? Also does this version fix the banding correction we lost in .31?
I don't there is a file available yet. As far as I have seen, it is just over the air

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #15455 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Zaxcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
I don't there is a file available yet. As far as I have seen, it is just over the air

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
Ok, did you notice if the banding correction that is part of MPEG noise reduction was fixed? That was the biggest thing I noticed after I went to .31 My cable company really compresses the signal and banding is an issue on most channels.
calfcramp likes this.
Zaxcom is offline  
post #15456 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,097
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxcom View Post
Ok, did you notice if the banding correction that is part of MPEG noise reduction was fixed? That was the biggest thing I noticed after I went to .31 My cable company really compresses the signal and banding is an issue on most channels.
I'm on Verizon FiOS and their 4K boxes so I really haven't had any real issues with tv. I think the worst I have is the yes channel is showing low quality but no real banding. Noise compression has been very little.

I don't want a lot of different channels & is been mostly sports lately between MLB & NHL

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #15457 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Member
 
Edpinguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Holland
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Yes, was going to suggest this but I see I was too slow . I'm normally quite blasé about service menus, but having heard about the bricked TV with ONE button press (don't ever press "in-stop" thinking it's a way out of the "in-start" menu, it isn't!!!) I'm scared of this one. I keep the batteries out of my service remote in case of "accidents". But one day I was brave/silly and tried pressing "in-start" and found it is like a "backup" button.

I accidentally pressed the in-stop once. It did a complete factory reset afterwards. Haven’t seen any other negative effects, everything is the same as before also the firmware, but all settings were at default.
mrtickleuk likes this.
Edpinguin is offline  
post #15458 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 14,957
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3404 Post(s)
Liked: 2457
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillPu$her View Post
That's exactly what I had to do. I pulled a Harmony One out of retirement today and put it back to work. I hate Logitech, though. The software is glitchy and they discontinue products too quickly. I have a perfectly good set of Z-10 speakers on my desk that just stopped working one day with a Windows 10 update because Logitech won't release drivers for it. Sucks!
I purchased two, brand new, Harmony 700's for my two HTS's. Even though they have been discontinued, Logitech still supports them and actually sent me a new replacement when one wouldn't charge correctly. Functional-wise, they work perfectly. As far as things sucking, I feel the same about anything Windows
smurraybhm likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is online now  
post #15459 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Can someone tell me how can i downgrade my c8 using sure?
sorinelionut is offline  
post #15460 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 09:39 AM
Member
 
CT-Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Been watching the Masters the last 2 days on the E8. Beautiful Cablevision picture. Sometimes when they do one of those artistic shots with the rhododendrons in the foreground I feel like I'm looking through a window. No PQ anomalies whatsoever.
Tex_Thai and waltinaz like this.
CT-Rebel is offline  
post #15461 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
I got curious so I pressed the "In-Start" option on my Harmony remote, entered the password, scrolled down to "System 2", then scrolled down to "NSU Mode" and selected "Engineering Mode", backed out of "In-Start"(by letting it time out as "Back" button didn't work), turned off the TV, waited a few minutes and turned-on the TV and tried the "Check For Updates". Result, "No Updates Found". I'm going to guess either the TV OS has to have the time to find a firmware update on its own, or their just isn't one to be found at this time. So apparently no 04.60.01 at this time from "Engineering Mode".

Well now with the "Engineering Mode" engaged, the "Check For Updates" now shows an update for 04.10.50. Downloading it now.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-2/XPR-5, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4
LCSeminole is offline  
post #15462 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Member
 
Dave A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillPu$her View Post
So I discovered that my display is warped. I was watching a video on Amazon Prime during the day and noticed that the reflections in the letterbox bars were more than a little wavy. So I turned off the tv and looked at the reflections in the blank screen. The middle of the display seems ok, but all along the bezel the screen is warped. Anyone else having this problem?

My screen has the same effect and so did the panel before it (which was replaced for another reason). Although the first one had a weird shimmer effect throughout when seeing reflections, the new one does not. As far as the wavy bit goes I'm guessing that's just the way it looks at the edges for scientific reasons I'm not qualified to explain The actual movie or TV show you're watching should look perfectly normal, so no worries I'd say.
Dave A is offline  
post #15463 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Rebel View Post
Been watching the Masters the last 2 days on the E8. Beautiful Cablevision picture. Sometimes when they do one of those artistic shots with the rhododendrons in the foreground I feel like I'm looking through a window. No PQ anomalies whatsoever.
Interesting. I found the coverage to be poor compared to the last few years.
Knuck is offline  
post #15464 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Member
 
Steve20A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Post 15377...
If I can bother you for a second...
I can't seem to find a way to go directly to a specific post. I can enter a page number, but not the post number. Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a post number?

Thanks.

Steve in FL
Steve20A is offline  
post #15465 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck View Post
Interesting. I found the coverage to be poor compared to the last few years.

Looks great IMO on my 55E8...
gene9p is offline  
post #15466 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM
Member
 
PillPu$her's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
My screen has the same effect and so did the panel before it (which was replaced for another reason). Although the first one had a weird shimmer effect throughout when seeing reflections, the new one does not. As far as the wavy bit goes I'm guessing that's just the way it looks at the edges for scientific reasons I'm not qualified to explain The actual movie or TV show you're watching should look perfectly normal, so no worries I'd say.
The image looks fine, but I would bet that if I put a graph with straight horizontal and vertical lines, you would be able to see the bends. It looks like whatever they used to fasten the bezel is pinching the screen. Any programming with letterboxing is very distracting.
PillPu$her is offline  
post #15467 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,393
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3824 Post(s)
Liked: 3745
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
If I can bother you for a second...

I can't seem to find a way to go directly to a specific post. I can enter a page number, but not the post number. Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a post number?



Thanks.



Steve in FL


Your post is 15464 are you honestly saying you can’t go back less than 100 posts ? No offense but do you want him to bring your slippers to you also ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #15468 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
macmane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Crystal Lake
Posts: 2,072
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Your post is 15464 are you honestly saying you can’t go back less than 100 posts ? No offense but do you want him to bring your slippers to you also ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmfaoo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
macmane is offline  
post #15469 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
No offense but do you want him to bring your slippers to you also ?
LOL. Same thoughts here about the questions about the screen appearing warped and showing a slightly distorted reflection. The thread is 500+ pages long. Wouldn't think that somewhere in all that someone might have discussed that already? (In fact, it's been discussed twice and there are even pictures posted.) And then there were the numerous questions about downgrading firmware.

My goodness, you think the internet was invented yesterday and/or people never heard of a search function.

EDIT (to try to be helpful): Searching this thread or this forum with its internal search functions, or even using "the Google" (as a friend of mine calls it) and limiting the search on Google to avsforum.com will get you the answer 95% of the time if a matter has been discussed already.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

Last edited by smitty; 04-14-2019 at 11:51 AM.
smitty is offline  
post #15470 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,393
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3824 Post(s)
Liked: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
LOL. Same thoughts here about the questions about the screen appearing warped and showing a slightly distorted reflection. The thread is 500+ pages long. Wouldn't think that somewhere in all that someone might have discussed that already? (In fact, it's been discussed twice and there are even pictures posted.) And then there were the numerous questions about downgrading firmware.



My goodness, you think the internet was invented yesterday and/or people never heard of a search function.


I have no problems with questions but I feel asking someone else to do something I could do myself in about 30 seconds is a little over the top



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #15471 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I have no problems with questions but I feel asking someone else to do something I could do myself in about 30 seconds is a little over the top
I generally have no problem with questions either -- after all, we're here to help one another -- but sometimes it seems people don't take any effort whatsoever to see if something has been addressed already. And sometimes a question is asked and the issue has been discussed at length only a day or two earlier!

I mean, nobody wants to read every page of a thread that is 500+pages long, but a simple effort at a search is something people should do before asking a question that appears to seek relatively basic information or seeks something that probably has been encountered by someone else.

Now get the hell off my lawn, people!
calfcramp likes this.
smitty is offline  
post #15472 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 12:06 PM
Member
 
Dave A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillPu$her View Post
The image looks fine, but I would bet that if I put a graph with straight horizontal and vertical lines, you would be able to see the bends. It looks like whatever they used to fasten the bezel is pinching the screen. Any programming with letterboxing is very distracting.

Y'all need blackout curtains to get rid of those darn reflections.
Dave A is offline  
post #15473 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Member
 
PillPu$her's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
I generally have no problem with questions either -- after all, we're here to help one another -- but sometimes it seems people don't take any effort whatsoever to see if something has been addressed already. And sometimes a question is asked and the issue has been discussed at length only a day or two earlier!

I mean, nobody wants to read every page of a thread that is 500+pages long, but a simple effort at a search is something people should do before asking a question that appears to seek relatively basic information or seeks something that probably has been encountered by someone else.

Now get the hell off my lawn, people!
So I'm one of the people that you're complaining about. I take full credit for not realizing that I could search within this specific thread. The large, blue, obvious search buttons (both of them) are useless, and the "Search this Thread" seems all but hidden by comparison at the very top of the thread header. I come here for advice as much as I come here to help others when I can (like the gentleman who PM'd me this morning asking for help with his Harmony One). I appreciate everyone's help (including your tip about the thread search). Honestly, though, since we're sharing expectations and whatnot, I expected a little more help and little less criticism from a moderator on such a useful forum.
rontonio likes this.
PillPu$her is offline  
post #15474 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Member
 
PillPu$her's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Y'all need blackout curtains to get rid of those darn reflections.
Oh yeah, that would be nice if my wife would let me! Actually, I could use that comment for a lot of things.
PillPu$her is offline  
post #15475 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Catt99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Admirable post by smurraybhm

Quote:
Post 15377.
Since lots of back and forth on finding stuff in this monster thread, as a public service request please for the love of God use post #s rather than page #s or "a few pages back" when you want to refer someone to previously posted stuff!

Random post content:

Quote:
This thread is 500+ pages long
Not for me. It is currently 155 pages long. Each user can select how many posts to see on any given page. I, like all right-thinking forum users (), choose to view 100 posts per page. YMMV.

But only by using actual post #s can all of us easily find what we're being directed to.

/END RANT
Tex_Thai and mrtickleuk like this.

Last edited by Catt99; 04-14-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Catt99 is offline  
post #15476 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillPu$her View Post
Honestly, though, since we're sharing expectations and whatnot, I expected a little more help and little less criticism from a moderator on such a useful forum.
I am not a moderator. I just play one on TV.

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. One of my concerns is that sometimes I see a post from someone asking a question, and I see it is going unanswered, and sometimes I think the reason is that the people regularly on this thread know it has been answered before and so they choose not to post the same stuff again. So in part, I'm trying to just help folks you are just getting their C8's and E8's to realize that there is a lot of stuff on this thread that they could find with a search.

But I do agree with you that sometimes the search buttons are a little hard to find and the search functions are not perfect.
Gardo and calfcramp like this.
smitty is offline  
post #15477 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt99 View Post
Not for me. It is currently 155 pages long.
I guess I should have said the thread is over 15,000 posts long. That sounds better anyway.
smitty is offline  
post #15478 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicst60 View Post
I have the same exact router! lol Go to the firewall tab then url tab. Enter in the 3 and click apply. Done!
Hi

Lurker here, Im from AVForums and noticed your post above.

Im having issues blocking the update servers on my LG B6 after downgrading to 4.31.25.

I gather the process should be the same despite me having an older series OLED.


I have tried entering su.lge.com and snu.lge.com in my asus ac86u via firewall and adding these both into the url list.

But I still get update prompts when I switch my TV on.

Im a bit stumped.

*I also added that lgtvonline one and that was the same.

Thanks

Last edited by gunner842; 04-14-2019 at 01:40 PM.
gunner842 is offline  
post #15479 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Catt99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
I guess I should have said the thread is over 15,000 posts long. That sounds better anyway.


(wasn't trying to pick on anyone - just a peeve of mine across multiple forums where people refer to stuff "2 pages back" without necessarily being aware that page counts vary!)
smitty and mrtickleuk like this.
Catt99 is offline  
post #15480 of 21216 Old 04-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Member
 
PillPu$her's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
I am not a moderator. I just play one on TV.

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. One of my concerns is that sometimes I see a post from someone asking a question, and I see it is going unanswered, and sometimes I think the reason is that the people regularly on this thread know it has been answered before and so they choose not to post the same stuff again. So in part, I'm trying to just help folks you are just getting their C8's and E8's to realize that there is a lot of stuff on this thread that they could find with a search.

But I do agree with you that sometimes the search buttons are a little hard to find and the search functions are not perfect.
I appreciate that, and I really am thankful to know about the thread search. It would be nice if the moderators would highlight or color that. Thank you for letting me know.
calfcramp and 11thunder07 like this.
PillPu$her is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off