2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 516 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80733Likes

post #15451 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxcom View Post
I tried to find 4.10.60 on several LG sites in various counties (using a VPN) and all I see is 4.10.31

Running update on TV says no new firmware available. Anyone want to post 4.10.60? Also does this version fix the banding correction we lost in .31?
I don't there is a file available yet. As far as I have seen, it is just over the air

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15452 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
I don't there is a file available yet. As far as I have seen, it is just over the air

Ok, did you notice if the banding correction that is part of MPEG noise reduction was fixed? That was the biggest thing I noticed after I went to .31 My cable company really compresses the signal and banding is an issue on most channels.
calfcramp likes this.
post #15453 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:
Ok, did you notice if the banding correction that is part of MPEG noise reduction was fixed? That was the biggest thing I noticed after I went to .31 My cable company really compresses the signal and banding is an issue on most channels.
I'm on Verizon FiOS and their 4K boxes so I really haven't had any real issues with tv. I think the worst I have is the yes channel is showing low quality but no real banding. Noise compression has been very little.

I don't want a lot of different channels & is been mostly sports lately between MLB & NHL

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15454 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Yes, was going to suggest this but I see I was too slow . I'm normally quite blasé about service menus, but having heard about the bricked TV with ONE button press (don't ever press "in-stop" thinking it's a way out of the "in-start" menu, it isn't!!!) I'm scared of this one. I keep the batteries out of my service remote in case of "accidents". But one day I was brave/silly and tried pressing "in-start" and found it is like a "backup" button.

I accidentally pressed the in-stop once. It did a complete factory reset afterwards. Haven’t seen any other negative effects, everything is the same as before also the firmware, but all settings were at default.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #15455 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3448 Post(s)
Liked: 2507
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillPu$her View Post
That's exactly what I had to do. I pulled a Harmony One out of retirement today and put it back to work. I hate Logitech, though. The software is glitchy and they discontinue products too quickly. I have a perfectly good set of Z-10 speakers on my desk that just stopped working one day with a Windows 10 update because Logitech won't release drivers for it. Sucks!
I purchased two, brand new, Harmony 700's for my two HTS's. Even though they have been discontinued, Logitech still supports them and actually sent me a new replacement when one wouldn't charge correctly. Functional-wise, they work perfectly. As far as things sucking, I feel the same about anything Windows
smurraybhm likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #15456 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Can someone tell me how can i downgrade my c8 using sure?
post #15457 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Been watching the Masters the last 2 days on the E8. Beautiful Cablevision picture. Sometimes when they do one of those artistic shots with the rhododendrons in the foreground I feel like I'm looking through a window. No PQ anomalies whatsoever.
Tex_Thai and waltinaz like this.
post #15458 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
I got curious so I pressed the "In-Start" option on my Harmony remote, entered the password, scrolled down to "System 2", then scrolled down to "NSU Mode" and selected "Engineering Mode", backed out of "In-Start"(by letting it time out as "Back" button didn't work), turned off the TV, waited a few minutes and turned-on the TV and tried the "Check For Updates". Result, "No Updates Found". I'm going to guess either the TV OS has to have the time to find a firmware update on its own, or their just isn't one to be found at this time. So apparently no 04.60.01 at this time from "Engineering Mode".

Well now with the "Engineering Mode" engaged, the "Check For Updates" now shows an update for 04.10.50. Downloading it now.
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-2/XPR-5, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4
post #15459 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
So I discovered that my display is warped. I was watching a video on Amazon Prime during the day and noticed that the reflections in the letterbox bars were more than a little wavy. So I turned off the tv and looked at the reflections in the blank screen. The middle of the display seems ok, but all along the bezel the screen is warped. Anyone else having this problem?

My screen has the same effect and so did the panel before it (which was replaced for another reason). Although the first one had a weird shimmer effect throughout when seeing reflections, the new one does not. As far as the wavy bit goes I'm guessing that's just the way it looks at the edges for scientific reasons I'm not qualified to explain The actual movie or TV show you're watching should look perfectly normal, so no worries I'd say.
post #15460 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Rebel View Post
Been watching the Masters the last 2 days on the E8. Beautiful Cablevision picture. Sometimes when they do one of those artistic shots with the rhododendrons in the foreground I feel like I'm looking through a window. No PQ anomalies whatsoever.
Interesting. I found the coverage to be poor compared to the last few years.
post #15461 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Post 15377...
If I can bother you for a second...
I can't seem to find a way to go directly to a specific post. I can enter a page number, but not the post number. Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a post number?

Thanks.

Steve in FL
post #15462 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck View Post
Interesting. I found the coverage to be poor compared to the last few years.

Looks great IMO on my 55E8...
post #15463 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
My screen has the same effect and so did the panel before it (which was replaced for another reason). Although the first one had a weird shimmer effect throughout when seeing reflections, the new one does not. As far as the wavy bit goes I'm guessing that's just the way it looks at the edges for scientific reasons I'm not qualified to explain The actual movie or TV show you're watching should look perfectly normal, so no worries I'd say.
The image looks fine, but I would bet that if I put a graph with straight horizontal and vertical lines, you would be able to see the bends. It looks like whatever they used to fasten the bezel is pinching the screen. Any programming with letterboxing is very distracting.
post #15464 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 3775
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
If I can bother you for a second...

I can't seem to find a way to go directly to a specific post. I can enter a page number, but not the post number. Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a post number?

Thanks.

Steve in FL

Your post is 15464 are you honestly saying you can’t go back less than 100 posts ? No offense but do you want him to bring your slippers to you also ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #15465 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Your post is 15464 are you honestly saying you can’t go back less than 100 posts ? No offense but do you want him to bring your slippers to you also ?

Lmfaoo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #15466 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 1015
Quote:
No offense but do you want him to bring your slippers to you also ?
LOL. Same thoughts here about the questions about the screen appearing warped and showing a slightly distorted reflection. The thread is 500+ pages long. Wouldn't think that somewhere in all that someone might have discussed that already? (In fact, it's been discussed twice and there are even pictures posted.) And then there were the numerous questions about downgrading firmware.

My goodness, you think the internet was invented yesterday and/or people never heard of a search function.

EDIT (to try to be helpful): Searching this thread or this forum with its internal search functions, or even using "the Google" (as a friend of mine calls it) and limiting the search on Google to avsforum.com will get you the answer 95% of the time if a matter has been discussed already.

Last edited by smitty; 04-14-2019 at 11:51 AM.
post #15467 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
LOL. Same thoughts here about the questions about the screen appearing warped and showing a slightly distorted reflection. The thread is 500+ pages long. Wouldn't think that somewhere in all that someone might have discussed that already? (In fact, it's been discussed twice and there are even pictures posted.) And then there were the numerous questions about downgrading firmware.

My goodness, you think the internet was invented yesterday and/or people never heard of a search function.

I have no problems with questions but I feel asking someone else to do something I could do myself in about 30 seconds is a little over the top

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #15468 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have no problems with questions but I feel asking someone else to do something I could do myself in about 30 seconds is a little over the top
I generally have no problem with questions either -- after all, we're here to help one another -- but sometimes it seems people don't take any effort whatsoever to see if something has been addressed already. And sometimes a question is asked and the issue has been discussed at length only a day or two earlier!

I mean, nobody wants to read every page of a thread that is 500+pages long, but a simple effort at a search is something people should do before asking a question that appears to seek relatively basic information or seeks something that probably has been encountered by someone else.

Now get the hell off my lawn, people!
calfcramp likes this.
post #15469 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
The image looks fine, but I would bet that if I put a graph with straight horizontal and vertical lines, you would be able to see the bends. It looks like whatever they used to fasten the bezel is pinching the screen. Any programming with letterboxing is very distracting.

Y'all need blackout curtains to get rid of those darn reflections.
post #15470 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I generally have no problem with questions either -- after all, we're here to help one another -- but sometimes it seems people don't take any effort whatsoever to see if something has been addressed already. And sometimes a question is asked and the issue has been discussed at length only a day or two earlier!

I mean, nobody wants to read every page of a thread that is 500+pages long, but a simple effort at a search is something people should do before asking a question that appears to seek relatively basic information or seeks something that probably has been encountered by someone else.

So I'm one of the people that you're complaining about. I take full credit for not realizing that I could search within this specific thread. The large, blue, obvious search buttons (both of them) are useless, and the "Search this Thread" seems all but hidden by comparison at the very top of the thread header. I come here for advice as much as I come here to help others when I can (like the gentleman who PM'd me this morning asking for help with his Harmony One). I appreciate everyone's help (including your tip about the thread search). Honestly, though, since we're sharing expectations and whatnot, I expected a little more help and little less criticism from a moderator on such a useful forum.
rontonio likes this.
post #15471 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Y'all need blackout curtains to get rid of those darn reflections.
Oh yeah, that would be nice if my wife would let me! Actually, I could use that comment for a lot of things.
post #15472 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Admirable post by smurraybhm

Quote:
Post 15377.
Since lots of back and forth on finding stuff in this monster thread, as a public service request please for the love of God use post #s rather than page #s or "a few pages back" when you want to refer someone to previously posted stuff!

Random post content:

Quote:
This thread is 500+ pages long
Not for me. It is currently 155 pages long. Each user can select how many posts to see on any given page. I, like all right-thinking forum users (), choose to view 100 posts per page. YMMV.

But only by using actual post #s can all of us easily find what we're being directed to.

/END RANT
Tex_Thai and mrtickleuk like this.

Last edited by Catt99; 04-14-2019 at 01:52 PM.
post #15473 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Honestly, though, since we're sharing expectations and whatnot, I expected a little more help and little less criticism from a moderator on such a useful forum.
I am not a moderator. I just play one on TV.

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. One of my concerns is that sometimes I see a post from someone asking a question, and I see it is going unanswered, and sometimes I think the reason is that the people regularly on this thread know it has been answered before and so they choose not to post the same stuff again. So in part, I'm trying to just help folks you are just getting their C8's and E8's to realize that there is a lot of stuff on this thread that they could find with a search.

But I do agree with you that sometimes the search buttons are a little hard to find and the search functions are not perfect.
Gardo and calfcramp like this.
post #15474 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt99 View Post
Not for me. It is currently 155 pages long.
I guess I should have said the thread is over 15,000 posts long. That sounds better anyway.
post #15475 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicst60 View Post
I have the same exact router! lol Go to the firewall tab then url tab. Enter in the 3 and click apply. Done!
Hi

Lurker here, Im from AVForums and noticed your post above.

Im having issues blocking the update servers on my LG B6 after downgrading to 4.31.25.

I gather the process should be the same despite me having an older series OLED.

I have tried entering su.lge.com and snu.lge.com in my asus ac86u via firewall and adding these both into the url list.

But I still get update prompts when I switch my TV on.

Im a bit stumped.

*I also added that lgtvonline one and that was the same.

Thanks

Last edited by gunner842; 04-14-2019 at 01:40 PM.
post #15476 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
I guess I should have said the thread is over 15,000 posts long. That sounds better anyway.

(wasn't trying to pick on anyone - just a peeve of mine across multiple forums where people refer to stuff "2 pages back" without necessarily being aware that page counts vary!)
smitty and mrtickleuk like this.
post #15477 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I am not a moderator. I just play one on TV.

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. One of my concerns is that sometimes I see a post from someone asking a question, and I see it is going unanswered, and sometimes I think the reason is that the people regularly on this thread know it has been answered before and so they choose not to post the same stuff again. So in part, I'm trying to just help folks you are just getting their C8's and E8's to realize that there is a lot of stuff on this thread that they could find with a search.

But I do agree with you that sometimes the search buttons are a little hard to find and the search functions are not perfect.
I appreciate that, and I really am thankful to know about the thread search. It would be nice if the moderators would highlight or color that. Thank you for letting me know.
calfcramp and 11thunder07 like this.
post #15478 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I tried to find 4.10.60 on several LG sites in various counties (using a VPN) and all I see is 4.10.31

Running update on TV says no new firmware available. Anyone want to post 4.10.60? Also does this version fix the banding correction we lost in .31?
Are you sure there is 4.10.60 FW? Maybe someone confused it with 04.60.01 which was (maybe still) available when changing NSU to engineering mode?

TV : LG OLED 65C8 [U]
post #15479 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
A Simple Question = Lots of Snark

@chunon , @macmane , @smitty

Wow! That's some strong emotion for a simple question. I've been a forum member since 2007. I've probably read and searched 200,000 posts over the years. In a reply to a question from another forum member, someone referred to a post number. I asked, "Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a post number?" I didn't say I couldn't page back and get to that post; I didn't say I couldn't search for an answer to a question. I didn't ask a question that had been recently (or ever) asked in this forum. I asked a simple question about forum technique. Maybe someone with less stress and who knows a bit more about forum function can help me out.

Quote:
-- after all, we're here to help one another --
Hard to know that from the responses I got. Here are some of them:

Quote:
Quote:

EDIT (to try to be helpful): Searching this thread or this forum with its internal search functions, or even using "the Google" (as a friend of mine calls it) and limiting the search on Google to avsforum.com will get you the answer 95% of the time if a matter has been discussed already.
Quote:
Quote:

How do any of those responses answer my simple question of how to navigate directly to a specific post number?

If you took as much time to actually read the question as you did to craft a snarky response, we'd all be better off.

Now can anyone answer my original, simple question, "Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a specific post number?"

Thanks in advance.

Steve in FL
post #15480 of 21635 Old 04-14-2019, 02:03 PM

2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
@chunon , @macmane , @smitty

Wow! That's some strong emotion for a simple question. I've been a forum member since 2007. I've probably read and searched 200,000 posts over the years. In a reply to a question from another forum member, someone referred to a post number. I asked, "Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a post number?" I didn't say I couldn't page back and get to that post; I didn't say I couldn't search for an answer to a question. I didn't ask a question that had been recently (or ever) asked in this forum. I asked a simple question about forum technique. Maybe someone with less stress and who knows a bit more about forum function can help me out.

Hard to know that from the responses I got. Here are some of them:

How do any of those responses answer my simple question of how to navigate directly to a specific post number?

If you took as much time to actually read the question as you did to craft a snarky response, we'd all be better off.

Now can anyone answer my original, simple question, "Can you tell me how to navigate directly to a specific post number?"

Thanks in advance.

Steve in FL

lol you are the one that refuses to do any work on your own , but of course all of us are here at your service . I am also confused what this has to do with the C8 since you apparently don’t own one?

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A

Last edited by chunon; 04-14-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page